Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by D Egginton    (Indonesia)

Flew 19/5 and returned 22/5 Denpasar to KL. Flight out on a 777-200, the flight being on time was the highlight. Have to say the meal service was the worst I have experienced. Staff appeared confused and missed a few rows out completely. The meal was down sized to a hot meal only. Return on a 737-800 again on time and easier to use entertainment. The first drink serviced arrived and we were offered either a chicken or egg sandwich. This was the meal service for this full service airline. On asking if I could have a beer with that I was informed that this was a non alcohol flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Mark Benton    (New Zealand)

Have to agree with Geoffrey Carver about the Boeing 777 that MAS still use. These belong in the scrapyard, with the seats not even meeting premium economy standards. How do Skytrax manage to maintain the 5-Star rating for the airline? Besides the cabin products looking old, tired and often shabby, the once fantastic cabin crew are now more often miserable, and certainly not focussed on customer service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Steven Innes    (Australia)

KL to Beijing return, A330 each way. Outbound flight only half full, and being the redeye, there were plenty of empty rows in the center, so wife and kids slept nearly the whole way. I ended up wandering up to business, only about a third full, to chat with a friend I happily realised was aboard also and stayed about 4 hours, and the crew were fine with that. Tasty meal, kids pack and more than enough booze, thank you. Inbound flight was 6am, so very full, yet tasty breakfast and OK coffee, kids happy with the entertainment.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Geoffrey Carver    (UK)

KL to AKL and return. B777. Business class. I hate the 777 with a vengeance. It is uncomfortable, incredibly noisy and frankly outdated. Storage is poor.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Geoffrey Carver    (UK)

A380 LHR to KL and return. Business class. Our first trip in the 380 and very impressive too. Spacious comfortable. Good standard of catering. Cabin crew pleasant and obliging. Better than 747 by some distance. No hesitation in recommending.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by M Mackey    (Ireland)

My husband and myself flew DUB-LHR-KUL-AKL return in April / May. We had a lovely trip both ways with all flights on time. We were really impressed with the flight attendants as they did all they could to make our trip pleasant. We cannot understand some of the negative reviews as our experience of MAS was totally positive.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Penang to Kuala Lumpur, only a one hour flight and meal was very limited. The service was good though and the flight was quite punctual.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Kuala Kumpur to Osaka. A very pleasant flight. Courteous service and very good IFE. The late night snack was a bit paltry (small tuna roll) but the wine they served was very good. The breakfast was very enjoyable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by C Henderson    (Australia)

SYD-KUL-LHR Business class. First leg on nearly new A330 was excellent. I like the angled, lie flat seat, I seem to be able to sleep well. Food (call the chef service) was excellent and the drinks kept flowing. KUL to LHR on the A380, lovely aircraft and plenty of crew but the seat is awful. I find it very difficult to find a comfortable sitting position. Food OK on this service, nothing remarkable. The First Class lounge at KL is nothing special - despite the renovation. I had a long layover and was hoping to use a sleeping room, but they were all occupied at 4am (some occupied by staff!) so ended up checking into the excellent airside hotel for a three hour sleep.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2014 by T Terry    (Malaysia)

KL- Dubai - KL on A330 business class. The seat, cabin ambience, and food served was of good standard. Entertainment choices pretty limited for medium haul flight but don't bother me much since I am not a movie person. Crews were attentive and friendly on both sectors. Overall, it was good.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Vieira Manuel    (UK)

Used Malaysia Airlines to fly from London to Australia. The flights were on time and the leg to Kuala Lumpur in the A380 was very comfortable. The food was very average and the service too. This Airline is stated in this website as a 5 star airline, but I don't think is up to that standard. The service compared with other airlines I flew before was nothing special.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jane Scott    (Malaysia)

Dehli-KL, 5th May. It has been a couple of years since we flew with Malaysia and in the last 6 weeks have flown with them 4 times. On this flight I had to endure takeoff with the seat in front fully reclined. Second time this has happened and a word to crew members is met with a shrug. Food on all flights inedible. Like the other flights, no alcohol, on offer was coke, orange juice or water. I asked for water and got juice. Attitude of FAs unacceptable. Although I live in Malaysia I will avoid this airline wherever possible.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by B Bernardus    (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne - Jakarta. The ticket was cheap, but service was poor, no smile when serving food. We had our baby with us and wanted their help to heat up some milk, but it took ages for the cabin crew to come when we pressed the call button.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by E Secouet    (UK)

My family and I flew 3 sectors MAN-LHR (BA) and LHR-KUL-DPS on 13th April on the A380. Booked through MAS. Firstly nearly missed the flight as the domestic flight from MAN-LHR had been brought forward by 2.5 hours, MAS had failed to notify us by email, post or phone. It was only because I insist on being early that we made the flight! On board MH3, first impressions of the A380 was of dirt and ingrained filth, and unfriendly crew. The seatbacks were really grimy and gave the relatively new aircraft the impression of having never been cleaned. No menus or amenity kits. The toilets were average, but not cleaned to a good standard. The meals were revolting. No salt and pepper. Coffee offered before meal started. The children's meals were just lasagne. No choice at all. No kids packs offered. Drinks were poured into thimble sized glasses, and the white wine was warm and vinegary. Crew flung the meals out in a disinterested fashion. No drinks brought round in the flight at all. We had to keep asking the irritable crew, who were sitting in the galley reading magazines, with curtains pulled round for glasses of water. Seatbelt signs on permanently and pointlessly since it was smooth as could be in the cruise. We kept hearing "Ladies and Gentlemen, as we are experiencing turbulence, hot drink service will be suspended" What hot drink service was that then? I must have blinked. We flew MAS in 2005, they have plummeted in standards since then. This time I chose them because they were excellent before, and paid 710 per person this time around. What a big disappointment.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by A Hoffmann    (Malaysia)

6 May 2014, MH 388 to Shanghai Pudong. What is going in with Malaysian airlines? Service seems to have taken a dive together with food quality. Revamped First class lounge in KL is worse than the noodle cafe outside. Removing the platinum lounge to make way for that, not so good. Also, what's with the entertainment onboard? Please change it around faster. Having the same TV and movies running for months is not cool. Been flying MAS for 10 years and platinum member for 3. So I have seen the decline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Crowley    (Australia)

We flew Malaysia Airlines from Kuala-Lumpur to Melbourne a few days ago and we were pleasantly surprised with the service they provided. The cabin crew were excellent. Constantly checking if you were OK. They all seemed very happy and cheerful. Inflight entertainment, food etc are all basically the same in any airline but the crew can make the difference.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Nuti Damrongphatr    (Thailand)

Bangkok - Tawau v.v. via Kuala Lumpur. Their hard product for this route is not up to industrial standard, very old 737-800 in all flight, worn out interior, black stains all over, torn seat cushion, not fully functioned toilet and no entertainment at all. However they are not bad in other product offering. The food, although far from decent in portion, are tasty. Seat pitch is reasonably good, perfectly punctual. Every of their staff are terrific, service with smile and tried to solve the problem caused by their ageing aircraft. They really show us what Malaysian Hospitality mean.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Richard Hattemer    (Germany)

Frankfurt - Kota Kinabalu via Kuala Lumpur and back (B777-200 for long haul flight, B737-800 for domestic flight). What I appreciated most - apart from the on-time arrivals - was the rather generous legroom on the B777 (rarely found elsewhere nowadays). However, otherwise I found Malaysia Airlines quite average. 3 of the 4 planes did not look as if they were just delivered from the factory, the cabins had a slightly worn look. Likewise, the cushion had probably not been in contact with detergent for several weeks. The (vegetarian) food was only mediocre, beverages were not served between the meals (on a 11-12 hour flight). Water and soft drinks were available in the galley but if one has a window or center seat that is of limited use.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Tracey Briene    (Australia)

April 2014. I was pleasantly surprised. Our flight PER - KL was good. It was delayed an hour in Perth and then we raced for our connecting flight to Paris only to find that flight had been delayed as well but the food was really nice and the service was with a smile. KL-Paris on the A380 top deck was a great experience. The Entertainment had a great variety and snacks were available all through the flight. Paris to KL we were seated on the top deck again and I don't think I would like to fly below after experiencing this, as there are not many seats the food comes out quickly and best of all is cleared away quickly. Kids were happy as they could plug their laptops in very easily and I found the headphones comfortable. Hubby sat next to the window and I was quite jealous of the little locker he had there and the shelf to lean on. I cant complain about anything. KL-Perth - back on the A330 and we noticed the difference with space, might not be much smaller but it certainly felt more cramped. First thing I noticed was how dirty it was, looked like a previous passenger had spilt something down the seat opposite me on the aisle and it hadn't been cleaned, the carpet was also very worn down the aisle and there were a few unsmiling hostesses and our buzzer didn't get answered however it was a smooth flight with a great landing into Perth which is known for its turbulence on landing. All in all we enjoyed every flight, service was great especially on 3 of the flights and not a sausage roll in sight. I would fly them again if I could sit up top and the price was right but Singapore Airlines is still my preferred airline - they do beat Malaysia in all areas. On another note my daughter left her ipad in the pocket of her seat when we landed in Perth and it was handed in and we picked it up the next day - so relieved.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Mohamed Fairudz    (Malaysia)

Flew KUL-LHR and return. Clean, sleek and simple. Flight was on time and I felt comfortable. For this trip, I had also flown BA to Prague and it was such a disappointment. Only thing I would suggest to MAS is to upgrade its inflight meals.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Kane Foord    (Australia)

MH - 128, Melbourne to KL - New A330, Aircraft was very clean and new, Inflight entertainment was very good, staff were not very attentive at all. Chicken sausage roll I found to be excellent, however everyone else in the travel group hated it! Breakfast dishes were both terrible. MH 791 - Phuket to KL - New 737-800, Flight was excellent, Chicken Lasagne was one of the best I have eaten, cabin crew were good. Best flight of the trip! MH - 149, KL to Melbourne - Old 777-200 (1997 to be exact) however, the comfiest plane I have been on! Headrest had an excellent range of movement to create a nice pillow, the IFE screen was old and hard to see, but not needed as I slept the whole way.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by L Norman    (UK)

6 flights in total, London-KL (A380 upper deck) return, KL-Kuching return and KL-Langkawi return. The London-KL flight wasn't too bad, cabin crew were efficient but the food didn't taste too great but edible. Inflight entertainment was quite good. The internal flights were only about an hour and actually the food served was better than the long haul flights. The flight from KL-London was delayed by 3 hours - I wouldn't have minded so much but the flight departed around 3am and all the passengers were tired and cranky including us. At KL, the ground staff at the transfer desk were not at all sympathetic. They said that the delay was due to waiting for passengers from a flight from Perth and as there were so many people connecting to this flight they had to wait for them. They gave us some meal vouchers and I asked them if I could use them anywhere our departure sector, they told me yes except for Harrods and another restaurant. We went to a 24hr cafe and they declined my voucher! On both the long haul flights there were babies crying throughout the flight which did not make the trip too pleasant. Overall i would fly Malaysia Airlines again as the price was not too bad for the product they provide however, if I had the choice I would probably pay a bit extra to fly with Singapore Airlines as the level of service was a lot better.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by B Smith    (Australia)

We recently flew from KL to Brisbane on MH134. We have flown Malaysian several times both in economy and in business. Overall quite happy with the experience. The food is good, although the gluten free options available to my partner are very limited and need improvement. The chef on call service available to business and first class passengers finally seems to be up and running. The service from cabin staff is excellent and very attentive. One negative is the delayed departures from Kl. This was the second flight we have taken from Kl where the flight was significantly delayed.. Malaysian airlines need to improve on this. Also the inflight entertainment choices are only average. We will probably fly Malaysian again, although it will depend on price comparison with other airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Siddharth Vishwanathan    (India)

Mumbai to Perth with a stopover at KUL. By far the worst experience I've had. The flight in Mumbai was delayed by over 2 hours due to late arrival of incoming flight. Finally staff started boarding and let passengers into the gates. However everyone was stopped from boarding and were kept waiting at the aerobridge for more than 1.5 hours! There was little explanation with some staff talking amongst themselves about a technical problem. No one was allowed back into the terminal to use the toilets. Had to run at KL with hardly 10 mins to catch the connecting flight. Their seats are by far the most uncomfortable business class seats I've seen. The angular seats leave you with a terrible back ache. Never again.