Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jane Scott    (Malaysia)

Dehli-KL, 5th May. It has been a couple of years since we flew with Malaysia and in the last 6 weeks have flown with them 4 times. On this flight I had to endure takeoff with the seat in front fully reclined. Second time this has happened and a word to crew members is met with a shrug. Food on all flights inedible. Like the other flights, no alcohol, on offer was coke, orange juice or water. I asked for water and got juice. Attitude of FAs unacceptable. Although I live in Malaysia I will avoid this airline wherever possible.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by B Bernardus    (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne - Jakarta. The ticket was cheap, but service was poor, no smile when serving food. We had our baby with us and wanted their help to heat up some milk, but it took ages for the cabin crew to come when we pressed the call button.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by E Secouet    (UK)

My family and I flew 3 sectors MAN-LHR (BA) and LHR-KUL-DPS on 13th April on the A380. Booked through MAS. Firstly nearly missed the flight as the domestic flight from MAN-LHR had been brought forward by 2.5 hours, MAS had failed to notify us by email, post or phone. It was only because I insist on being early that we made the flight! On board MH3, first impressions of the A380 was of dirt and ingrained filth, and unfriendly crew. The seatbacks were really grimy and gave the relatively new aircraft the impression of having never been cleaned. No menus or amenity kits. The toilets were average, but not cleaned to a good standard. The meals were revolting. No salt and pepper. Coffee offered before meal started. The children's meals were just lasagne. No choice at all. No kids packs offered. Drinks were poured into thimble sized glasses, and the white wine was warm and vinegary. Crew flung the meals out in a disinterested fashion. No drinks brought round in the flight at all. We had to keep asking the irritable crew, who were sitting in the galley reading magazines, with curtains pulled round for glasses of water. Seatbelt signs on permanently and pointlessly since it was smooth as could be in the cruise. We kept hearing "Ladies and Gentlemen, as we are experiencing turbulence, hot drink service will be suspended" What hot drink service was that then? I must have blinked. We flew MAS in 2005, they have plummeted in standards since then. This time I chose them because they were excellent before, and paid 710 per person this time around. What a big disappointment.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by A Hoffmann    (Malaysia)

6 May 2014, MH 388 to Shanghai Pudong. What is going in with Malaysian airlines? Service seems to have taken a dive together with food quality. Revamped First class lounge in KL is worse than the noodle cafe outside. Removing the platinum lounge to make way for that, not so good. Also, what's with the entertainment onboard? Please change it around faster. Having the same TV and movies running for months is not cool. Been flying MAS for 10 years and platinum member for 3. So I have seen the decline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Crowley    (Australia)

We flew Malaysia Airlines from Kuala-Lumpur to Melbourne a few days ago and we were pleasantly surprised with the service they provided. The cabin crew were excellent. Constantly checking if you were OK. They all seemed very happy and cheerful. Inflight entertainment, food etc are all basically the same in any airline but the crew can make the difference.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Nuti Damrongphatr    (Thailand)

Bangkok - Tawau v.v. via Kuala Lumpur. Their hard product for this route is not up to industrial standard, very old 737-800 in all flight, worn out interior, black stains all over, torn seat cushion, not fully functioned toilet and no entertainment at all. However they are not bad in other product offering. The food, although far from decent in portion, are tasty. Seat pitch is reasonably good, perfectly punctual. Every of their staff are terrific, service with smile and tried to solve the problem caused by their ageing aircraft. They really show us what Malaysian Hospitality mean.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Richard Hattemer    (Germany)

Frankfurt - Kota Kinabalu via Kuala Lumpur and back (B777-200 for long haul flight, B737-800 for domestic flight). What I appreciated most - apart from the on-time arrivals - was the rather generous legroom on the B777 (rarely found elsewhere nowadays). However, otherwise I found Malaysia Airlines quite average. 3 of the 4 planes did not look as if they were just delivered from the factory, the cabins had a slightly worn look. Likewise, the cushion had probably not been in contact with detergent for several weeks. The (vegetarian) food was only mediocre, beverages were not served between the meals (on a 11-12 hour flight). Water and soft drinks were available in the galley but if one has a window or center seat that is of limited use.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Tracey Briene    (Australia)

April 2014. I was pleasantly surprised. Our flight PER - KL was good. It was delayed an hour in Perth and then we raced for our connecting flight to Paris only to find that flight had been delayed as well but the food was really nice and the service was with a smile. KL-Paris on the A380 top deck was a great experience. The Entertainment had a great variety and snacks were available all through the flight. Paris to KL we were seated on the top deck again and I don't think I would like to fly below after experiencing this, as there are not many seats the food comes out quickly and best of all is cleared away quickly. Kids were happy as they could plug their laptops in very easily and I found the headphones comfortable. Hubby sat next to the window and I was quite jealous of the little locker he had there and the shelf to lean on. I cant complain about anything. KL-Perth - back on the A330 and we noticed the difference with space, might not be much smaller but it certainly felt more cramped. First thing I noticed was how dirty it was, looked like a previous passenger had spilt something down the seat opposite me on the aisle and it hadn't been cleaned, the carpet was also very worn down the aisle and there were a few unsmiling hostesses and our buzzer didn't get answered however it was a smooth flight with a great landing into Perth which is known for its turbulence on landing. All in all we enjoyed every flight, service was great especially on 3 of the flights and not a sausage roll in sight. I would fly them again if I could sit up top and the price was right but Singapore Airlines is still my preferred airline - they do beat Malaysia in all areas. On another note my daughter left her ipad in the pocket of her seat when we landed in Perth and it was handed in and we picked it up the next day - so relieved.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Mohamed Fairudz    (Malaysia)

Flew KUL-LHR and return. Clean, sleek and simple. Flight was on time and I felt comfortable. For this trip, I had also flown BA to Prague and it was such a disappointment. Only thing I would suggest to MAS is to upgrade its inflight meals.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Kane Foord    (Australia)

MH - 128, Melbourne to KL - New A330, Aircraft was very clean and new, Inflight entertainment was very good, staff were not very attentive at all. Chicken sausage roll I found to be excellent, however everyone else in the travel group hated it! Breakfast dishes were both terrible. MH 791 - Phuket to KL - New 737-800, Flight was excellent, Chicken Lasagne was one of the best I have eaten, cabin crew were good. Best flight of the trip! MH - 149, KL to Melbourne - Old 777-200 (1997 to be exact) however, the comfiest plane I have been on! Headrest had an excellent range of movement to create a nice pillow, the IFE screen was old and hard to see, but not needed as I slept the whole way.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by L Norman    (UK)

6 flights in total, London-KL (A380 upper deck) return, KL-Kuching return and KL-Langkawi return. The London-KL flight wasn't too bad, cabin crew were efficient but the food didn't taste too great but edible. Inflight entertainment was quite good. The internal flights were only about an hour and actually the food served was better than the long haul flights. The flight from KL-London was delayed by 3 hours - I wouldn't have minded so much but the flight departed around 3am and all the passengers were tired and cranky including us. At KL, the ground staff at the transfer desk were not at all sympathetic. They said that the delay was due to waiting for passengers from a flight from Perth and as there were so many people connecting to this flight they had to wait for them. They gave us some meal vouchers and I asked them if I could use them anywhere our departure sector, they told me yes except for Harrods and another restaurant. We went to a 24hr cafe and they declined my voucher! On both the long haul flights there were babies crying throughout the flight which did not make the trip too pleasant. Overall i would fly Malaysia Airlines again as the price was not too bad for the product they provide however, if I had the choice I would probably pay a bit extra to fly with Singapore Airlines as the level of service was a lot better.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by B Smith    (Australia)

We recently flew from KL to Brisbane on MH134. We have flown Malaysian several times both in economy and in business. Overall quite happy with the experience. The food is good, although the gluten free options available to my partner are very limited and need improvement. The chef on call service available to business and first class passengers finally seems to be up and running. The service from cabin staff is excellent and very attentive. One negative is the delayed departures from Kl. This was the second flight we have taken from Kl where the flight was significantly delayed.. Malaysian airlines need to improve on this. Also the inflight entertainment choices are only average. We will probably fly Malaysian again, although it will depend on price comparison with other airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Siddharth Vishwanathan    (India)

Mumbai to Perth with a stopover at KUL. By far the worst experience I've had. The flight in Mumbai was delayed by over 2 hours due to late arrival of incoming flight. Finally staff started boarding and let passengers into the gates. However everyone was stopped from boarding and were kept waiting at the aerobridge for more than 1.5 hours! There was little explanation with some staff talking amongst themselves about a technical problem. No one was allowed back into the terminal to use the toilets. Had to run at KL with hardly 10 mins to catch the connecting flight. Their seats are by far the most uncomfortable business class seats I've seen. The angular seats leave you with a terrible back ache. Never again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by A Hussein    (UK)

London Heathrow - Kuala Lumpur, 12 April on MH 003. The Malaysian airlines first class is not as impressive in comparison to other first class A380's out there on the market. It lacked style and good cabin ambience. It felt like MAS simply had to put a first class in for the sake of it and didn't really think through the idea. I've thought that MAS was the leading carrier in south east asia and hope that it will redesign its first class cabin. It such a shame with an amazing aircraft like the A380 that the first class product is simply mediocre.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by D Gardette    (Australia)

Flew from Perth to Paris on Friday 11th April. A fantastic experience. Could not complain on a single element. The food in economy was plentiful and extremely tasty and well presented with a lovely drink service too. Snacks and refreshments offered during the 13 hour flight KL to Paris. In flight entertainment was adequate, not the best I've had but certainly enough choice. Flew KL to Paris on a new A380. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6ft 2) but I did have the bonus of the small upstairs economy cabin. All up, highly recommend and a bargain for the price you pay!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by M Temme    (UK)

I have travelled frequently with MAS between London and KL for the past 4 years. Throughout this time I have also travelled the same route with Singapore Airlines but had generally chosen MAS as they fly direct. The general standard over the past 4 years on this flight has been consistently anything but pleasant. The standard of food is what you would generally expect in an economy cabin, albeit served differently. The cabin staff are unwilling to serve anything alcoholic prior to departure, I have tested this on every occasion I have flown. The seats fail to recline fully, every time I point this out to the cabin staff ends with the same unsuccessful trial and error approach to rectification, despite knowing that this is how they have been designed. On my last sojourn I wished to sit next to a colleague. The flight was fully booked but despite this the check in staff provided me with a boarding pass that was next to my colleague. Shortly after boarding another passenger approach with a boarding pass which had also been issued for the same seat. The flights are consistently delayed. My last 3 flights have been delayed by 3, 10 and 2 hours consecutively. As MAS are the only carrier to fly direct from London to KL, the cost of the flight is considerably more expensive more than flying with other airlines that are not able to fly direct. My last journey was the one that finally broke me, in the future I will choose to fly via an indirect route as I can't tolerate the consistent level of service provided by MAS any longer.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by A Ismail    (UK)

LHR-KUL return on A380. Checked in was fast and hassle free especially in Kuala Lumpur. Was very surprised at the service in Economy Class. I travelled long hauls about 10x a year with various airlines (mostly Etihad). Crew were very efficient, serving meals within 40 minutes of take off in a full cabin! However, surprised by lack of choice. Plastic cutlery which is not very premium like. Plenty of drinks and crew answers call very fast indeed. Despite a busy flight, the lavatories were cleaned frequently. The most by any airlines I've flown with so far. The crew were hard working and professional, smiling and they interacted well with passengers. Its the small details that makes this crew the best I've flown with. Some might not like it but at least doesn't feel robotic. TV screens were big and selection of movies were good enough. Headsets were ok. Definitely the highlight is the crew, not even the A380 size could beat it. If only the prices were more affordable and the Frequent Flyer programme were better, I'd be using this at least 3x a year!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Dean Garnett    (Australia)

Flew A330-300 Brisbane to KL and then A380 KL to London return. Second trip in less than 12 months flying Malaysia and once again could not fault the cabin crew and level of service. Seats on A330 angled/flat but managed to get some sleep and A380 seat pretty much flat and ok comfort wise. Only real complaint is that less than 12 months could not believe how the standard of meals had dropped. Ordered via chef on call and worked out ok but most meals I just picked at as were terrible. Very disappointed as were restaurant standard on last flight 11 months ago.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Richard Dart    (UK)

LHR-KUL-BKK and return. MAS A380 is an excellent product, whilst the seats are not individual 2-2-2 formation, they are comfortable and great when travelling with a colleague/partner. Flight attendants very friendly, service excellent, chef-on-call meals worked fine and wasn't too bad for plane food. Seats comfortable for sitting/relaxing and sleeping. would recommend rows 7,8 or 9 on the upper deck for a more private cabin. KUL-BKK on a very new 737-800. Again all excellent. All flights bang on time in both departure and arrival. Before we booked the flight we done a lot of research and at GPB 1,739 return, this really is a great product for the price and really knocks the socks other airlines with there individual business class "cabins". MAS is circa 1,000 cheaper and I can safely say i would have no hesitation in booking with them again. Great product for a great price.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Jamaludin    (Malaysia)

DPS-KUL, B777, Economy class. Flight delayed 30 minutes and no information on the delay. Cabin interior looked very tired. Food was really awful and service was slow. Cabin crew looked unhappy and surly. Please avoid the airline unless the fare is extremely low.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Tan Kim Ming    (Malaysia)

I flew Malaysia Airlines sub MasWings from LBU-SDK via BKI on 31st March 2014. Check in at LBU was longer than normal as the staff member couldn't seem to get my booking for my BKI-SDK flight and I had to give him my booking details. MH3938 from LBU-BKI left on time and landed early. MH3104 from BKI-SDK left and landed on time. My baggage was out under 10 mins. The only let down was, we were given a pack of peanut and no IE. Drinks came with some options. Overall, good job from me.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by T Nusbaum    (Malaysia)

MH711, March 8 2014. Flew from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta recently. Flight was okay overall, but it was not without its unpleasant moments. One of the lavatories at the back of the plane was out. As a result, quite a large line formed after the food service. While I normally do not use the front lavatories as I know those are for Business or First class, I assumed given the circumstances it was justified. What followed was a very ugly scene with the flight attendant who accused me of lying about the lavatory being out of order. We argued for quite some time as well as while she called to confirm. Only then would she let me use the restroom. I didn't appreciate being treated like a small child. I think it is highly unlikely that the lavatory broke mid-flight which means Malaysia Airlines undertook the flight knowing it was a toilet short of what it needed on a full flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by John Murray    (UK)

My wife and I travelled from Heathrow to Auckland and back with MA, in business class. Firstly, the food was excellent (my wife had a steak which she confirmed was better than any she had eaten in a New Zealand restaurant). Food and snacks just kept on coming! With the exception of the KL - Auck leg (777-200) the planes were in good condition and most comfortable. Unfortunately the 777-200 doesn't have fully flat beds and for us, it was uncomfortable as one seemed to slip to the bottom of the seat as soon as one fell asleep (as mentioned by many others here). The A380 is great! We liked the lounge at KL and at Auckland although the Heathrow lounge is not quite as good. Massages were available in the lounge at KL but we felt they were a tad too expensive so didn't avail ourselves of the opportunity. I would definitely use MA again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by A Jackson    (UK)

AMS-KUL-SIN and KUL-AMS. Really disappointed would sum up my feelings. It was my first experience of MH, we usually fly SQ for our trips to the Far East. Dirty old looking plane that looked like it hadn't had a deep clean in years. Very old entertainment system which seemed to go faulty throughout the flight to the annoyance of passengers and indifference of crew. Outbound the crew seemed completely disinterested, disappearing for hours after serving lunch, much more friendly and professional crew on return trip but same stale hard product, filthy toilets, dirty worn out seats (arm rest came apart and seat would not remain upright). Food and beverages decidedly average with no choice on two of the four meals we had. Would only fly again as a very last resort.