Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Select photo link to watch Malaysia Airlines cabin service videos

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2015 by H Rickman    (New Zealand)

Left on time. 2 seats next to window which is better than better than 3 for couples. Cabin crew rushing around and not all that pleasant to deal with. They seemed to not enjoy their job all that much. Inflight entertainment system a disaster. One reason being the 777 was old and so to were the screens. No real complaints, just up the cabin crew inflight service and get new planes. Awful time to leave at 12.05 midnight. If flying to Thailand as we were take Thai direct, it is worth the extra cost.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2015 by Matt Rock    (Australia)

Melbourne to KL return. The 777-200 is an older plane. I have flown economy on it and while it did the trick, I was helped then by the fact that the plane was about 60% full so had two seats to myself. In business I was hoping for a much better experience. I'm a broad fella (and carry a few pounds) and found the seats a bit narrow. They reclined fairly well, but the sleeping position was on an angle. Even with the foot stop folded out at the bottom, I found myself waking up after having slid down the chair a bit and had to readjust. Satay at the start are nice, the meals were a little ordinary. Cabin were friendly and attentive. Entertainment / movies were perfectly fine though there are better ones about with different airlines. The fold out TV and awkwardly positioned tray table, head phone jack and power outlet are a sign of the old business class seat design more than anything else. In the end, it is "ok" and I suspect that business on the A380 would be much better due to newer seats. I am convinced that the catering companies in KL (departure point) are not too flash as the standard of food on all my inbound flights in the past (including this occasion) has been better than my outbound flight. While I could happily fly it again, I wouldn't want to save up and fly the 777-200 in business all the way to Europe and back. Melb to KL would be fine though.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2015 by U Colombo    (South Africa)

Brisbane - Kuala Lumpur, flight MH134, May 1st. Seven hours night flight in a very uncomfortable seat that does not lie flat and let you slide down. Very uncomfortable. Shall avoid any night flight on this airline if possible.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 May 2015 by John Smith    (UK)

MH19, AMS-KUL, 27/03. MH141, KUL-SYD, 28/03. MH122, SYD-KUL, 10/04. MH16, KUL-AMS, 10/04. AMS-KUL-SYD-KUL-AMS in Y. One word: dreadful. Persistent delays on 3/4 sectors. Service onboard is below standard. Toilet supplies are never replenished on any sector. Complaints get a standard "don't care" response. Poor communication from baggage handling staff. Delayed luggage process is an utter shambles. In-flight entertainment has limited options. On the first leg, the attendant left hot chilli pretzels for my two young children, giggled and walked off. I went to change the packs for a different flavour and was rudely told that it's only one per passenger. On the second leg to SYD, the attendant brought my children's food out. The attendant confirmed that these were child meals - when I opened it I found it was a spicy dish. I brought this to the attendants attention and asked if they could fetch the child meal that we requested. He stormed over to the people behind us, snatched the food from in front of the children, and dumped the food in front of my kids telling the people behind me in a very loud voice that I changed my mind. The return service was very similar. Departure out of KL was delayed an hour. If you need the toilet, best to go in the early part of the flight as the toilet supplies are never replenished on all four sectors. Arrived in Sydney and with the delay in AMS meant my luggage was left in KUL. My luggage arrived the next evening. The air fares on MH are not the most competitive. If you can go with a competing airline for a similar price or slightly more, go with that option rather than MH.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2015 by K Burnie    (Australia)

I flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur then onto Melbourne, I was a little disappointed with the flights, the seat on the flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was the worst ever, I ended up with a really sore back. There was not much of a selection for TV entertainment. The service was good and I enjoyed the satay the most. The cabins could do with a really good clean. I would not use them again unless I hear that the seats have improved.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by N Burleigh    (Australia)

I did a return trip from Sydney to London via KL. The SYD-KL flight arrived half an hour early for some reason just making the stopover longer. The KL-London flight was an hour late. This meant I missed my connection and had to sit in Heathrow for 7 MORE hours. The return London-KL was once again delayed meaning another stuffed up connecting flight. The customer service was appalling, no member of staff on the planes ever smiled at me. All of the food was inedible (both in economy and business) except the satay. The only decent thing about this experience was the comfort of the A380 seating although the Qantas one I have flown was superior in more ways than one. Last time I'm flying Malaysian considering how much extra it cost me in rebooked flights and how poor the overall experience was.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Durrant John    (Australia)

Just back from a trip from Sydney to Vietnam via K.L. At 194 cms tall I always try for an exit or aisle seat. In Sydney outbound I was first in the Online check in 3 hours before take off only to be told that the plane was full and that I was stuck with the seat I had been allocated which turned out to be in the middle of a 4 seat section. It was an A300 plane and very uncomfortable. In K.L I approached the transfer desk and was assured that I now had an exit seat to Saigon. It turned out to be a very tight window seat nowhere near the exit. On coming back from Hanoi again first in line at check in I was again assured that I had exit seats on both planes to Sydney. Again the Hanoi flight turned out to be a tight window seat nowhere near the exit. Approached the transfer desk in K.L again to be told no exit or aisle seats available except the youngish lady next to this fellow interrupted to point out that there was an aisle seat available and then proceeded to give it to me. Why is it that this is a blatant load of lies? Prior to this I've flown with Malaysia a number of times and always had good service but this experience coupled with very poor seating on the A300 planes has now put me right off.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by R Y Riantono    (Indonesia)

DPS-KUL v. v. Flew on Christmas eve 2014. For first leg (DPS-KUL), there was no IFE in every seat. The plane was bit old, but the cabin crews provided nice service. I got late dinner and for me the taste was good. Second leg (KUL-DPS), the plane was newer, and they provided better IFE. still got nice service from the cabin crew but the meals that they served was so so. But overall, this airline is nice, and I would not mind flying with MAS again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by J Capstick    (Australia)

Only positive things I can say is the seat on the Airbus 380 was one of the most comfortable I have used and the satay was lovely. From Heathrow seat very comfy, and the satay was very nice but make sure you have 2 or 3 serves as the rest of the food was inedible, certainly not up to the standard of other (cheaper) business class meals I have eaten. Chef on call as advertised by them was not available and to order the meals you had to call, would have been ok but I had 2 numbers and each number was a message that told me to call the other number. IFE and service moderate, have had much better. Late into KL so was herded straight onto next flight to Sydney, (Airbus 330-300) seats were very uncomfortable, so slanted I kept falling down them, no way to get comfortable at all, I had an angled seat on a much cheaper airline and it was much more comfortable that this one, it was just slanted so legs ached no matter what position it was put in. Again meal inedible and sandwiches (breakfast) given post landing were minuscule and service was less than adequate.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by P Wong    (Malaysia)

HKG-KUL-JHB in 777-200ER and old 737-800. Very comfort seat with large seat width and legroom for 772 but the seat width for old 738 quite disappointed. Small and old PTV in 772 but the amount of selection of programmes are the same as other medium-haul flights in modern aircraft's. Food served was delicious, but the side dishes and beverages was just moderate. Excellent staff service in both flights. I would recommend 772 but not recommend old 738 on medium-haul flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Chakrabarty Indramil    (Australia)

SYD-KUL, B777. Malaysia Airlines is great in the air but crook on the ground. Staff at MH offices in SYD and DEL seem to treat pax as a burden. Queuing times at SYD were long. Inflight service is fantastic. Fares have gone up and TG and SQ are cheaper. MH is great airline with inconsistent service on the ground. I will definitely fly MH and ask friends and family to fly MH in preference to others. But the airline needs to shape up ground services. Also the economy seats on the 777 are narrow compared to those on Emirates 777s. Their planes, crew, service, KLIA is superb. Just fix those loose ends.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by H Shah Sybil    (Malaysia)

Flew KUL-KIX (26/3) KIX-KUL (2/4). Successfully upgraded to business via plusgrade. All in all very pleasant experience considering the very small amount I paid for the business seats. Staff were very courteous and polite, always addressing me by name and attended to my needs very quickly. Flight supervisor of the KUL-KIX was a very senior male steward. Very professional and casual at the same time. He would engage in informal conversations from time to time - nice personal touch. Food was standard business class meals. Satay as always was tiptop. The only down side I felt was the fact that there was no amenities kit provided for a medium-haul flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Steve O' Kane    (New Zealand)

Flew Sydney to KL on 19th March in business class and it was very average. The food was a big disappointment with only about 10 of us in the cabin and one of the 3 choices had gone before they were half way through the service. The cabin was grubby and when we lifted the tray table for dinner there were hairs and old food in the cavity where the tray was stored. The crew were pleasant enough but no one stood out for service with a smile! We try and fly Air New Zealand when possible as they are slick and definitely worth the price. Come on Malaysian clean up your act!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2015 by B Vincent    (Australia)

PER-KUL-NRT on A333. Service good, flights on time, food OK. IFE had a good selection though it did need a reboot on the first flight. Aircraft new and very clean, seat not so comfortable though, noticed this especially on the 2nd red-eye flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Sy Sean Patrick    (Philippines)

Flew from Manila to Paris via Kuala Lumpur round trip. Flights were generally on time and slight delays were due to airport issues and not the aircraft itself. Sat in the front part of business class on the A380 (row 7&8) and seats were quite comfortable. The controls worked well and only comment I have is on flat mode, it might not fit someone in excess of 6 feel tall (I'm 5"11). The bathrooms at the front of the 380 were the biggest I've seen on an airplane and was generally clean the whole trip. There were some cracks (covered by tape) and spills (cleaned up by not so nice looking rags) at the galley which I think MAS needs to repair. Food was good. Satay was great (even had a second serving) but the rest was standard business class food. They ran out of some spirits because they only used baby bottles instead of a proper large bottle. Staff were courteous as they always called you by your name and acted fairly quick to requests. They were quite engaging during lean periods of work which was actually nice. Just a minor comment. Overall, MAS was a very pleasant experience for me and wouldn't mind riding on it again and recommending it to friends, colleagues and family.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by P Wong    (Malaysia)

JHB-KUL-CAN in new 737-800 and A330-300. Good legroom seats and offer high quality and sensitive touch screen PTV in every seats. The food served was excellence, but the juices and coffee were just moderate. Various selection in IFE system except some categories. Staff service is better in domestic flight. Definitely Malaysia Airlines will be my first choice for flying.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Hai Ngo    (Australia)

SYD-KUL return, Airbus A330-300. Both flights were on time. Planes were clean, seats comfortable, excellent IFE. The service was wonderful, especially from SYD to KUL. Food was good, alcoholic drinks were available. Fantastic value for money. Highly recommended.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Nelsen Karan    (Australia)

Flew from Brisbane to KL, then Bangkok, 3rd March, Red Eye. First flight was great, plane was clean and food was great. TV staff were so polite, I was having a few vodkas and the staff actually came to see if I was ready for another drink, they couldn't do enough. 2nd flight - plane a lot older, staff not as polite but good flight. Returned 18th and 19th March - Staff were great on both flights, food was great, had no problems at all.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Hossain Azam    (UK)

Flew economy class from LHR-KUL return. Flying on the 18th March and inbound 26th on A380. No foot rests, no hot towels and only two meals offered on such long flights. Packet snacks were available from the galley however. Drink runs were made and IFE was good, but navigation could have been better. Noticed on the flight map that we avoided all of Ukraine, taking a slightly longer route, hence a little late into KUL.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2015 by Ben Yu    (Malaysia)

KUL-PEN Economy class on Boeing 737-800 Boeing Sky Interior. Smooth boarding, attentive cabin crew, AVOD in every seat. Peanuts and beverages provided on this short 40 mins flight. Comfort seat and legroom was fine for a short flight. Price was a bit higher than normal due to Chinese New Year Eve as most Chinese were going back home to celebrate.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2015 by Lim Ee-Van    (Malaysia)

Flew MH16, KUL-AMS on March 21 Seat 03J and subsequently MH19 on March 28 Seat 02C. Good experience with the inflight supervisors and the selection of food and presentation. Attentive and always with a smile. The amenities kit were good but the sock not usable beyond 1-flight. The IFE was ok with not many choices of latest movies. Headset provided were faulty but exchanged upon request (MH19).

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2015 by Jon Deakin    (Australia)

Flew one leg Business class KL - Melbourne. Early Jan 2015. Had 5 hours to wander in the airport and went between both Business lounges and the shops. I think the airport is the best in the world for passengers. I agree the lounges are crowded, but so are all lounges these days. I loved the lounges! Food was fantastic in them but more so onboard and always was in Economy as well. Service was one of the best and although bed could of been more comfortable, it was a great flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by C Chan    (Australia)

BNE-KUL-BNE, Feb 2015 - Business via MH upgrade bid. I fly a lot, this is my first time flying long-haul Business. The Qantas Lounge (shared by MH) in BNE is excellent. The MH Golden Lounge at KLIA albeit spacious is overcrowded, the service is mediocre largely due to unstable Wi-Fi connection and chaotic service at the barista station. The in-flight experience, both ways, is the best I have had. The cabin crew were very attentive and friendly, they addressed me by my name. The signature satay's reputation is well-earned, and the three-course meals I had on both flights were well-refined. Hot towels offered multiple times throughout the flight is a nice touch. Great IFE selection, and the reclinable seat was very comfortable, I slept very well.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Lee Gerson    (USA)

MH 019, AMS to KUL, 5 March 2015, Business class. The airplane was spotless and the crew welcoming and kind. The service was excellent and the food very tasty. The seat was comfortable enough for me to get 9 hours sleep on a 12+ hour flight. It was most enjoyable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 March 2015 by P Maciver    (UK)

The airline is a mix of good, poor and very bad. The first problem was booking vegetarian meals it can be missed if booking online and no way of changing online once booked. Had to phone twice to get it sorted, the website quotes a number in Malaysia to phone, found a UK number that redirects and considering I was on hold for 30 minutes thank goodness I did! The first flight (LHR-KUL) was excellent got seats in upper deck and was less half full, ample drink runs and very friendly crew, IFE was excellent. KUL-MEL, BNE-KUL, what difference, snarly crew things were thrown at people and I saw a couple of people even being shouted at. For BNE-KUL leg the seat belt sign was left on for 5 hours even though no turbulence and crew refused any hot drinks. I looked forward to KUL- LHR but was in bottom deck of full flight and seats are very uncomfortable there and only 2 drink runs were done for 14 hour flight, people were all pressing call button. Reason I chose Malaysia is so we could get BA miles but when returned discovered no miles awarded as was 'deeply discounted fare' even though was not cheapest and only £10 cheaper than CX who would have given miles. Not worthy of oneworld membership based on economy product.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by D Egginton    (Indonesia)

Flew Bali to Bangkok via KL on the 16 February. Took part in the business upgrade promotion and was successful. This really was a tale of two flights. The first leg to KL was just ok, the food was terrible though and the flight attendants disinterested. After a few refreshing hours in the lounge at KL it was time for the flight to Bangkok again business class. Same aircraft 777-800 and what a difference with an energetic and professional crew. In all honesty would have been disappointed if I had paid a full business class fare.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by C Kelvin    (Malaysia)

Travelled on MH176 from MLE-KUL. Was a redeye flight and was glad to catch some sleep. Meal was served and to my surprise it was a full meal! (Bun with butter, salad, main, dessert) I was expecting the Mealbox that only consisted the hot meal and a cookie. Kudos to MH for that. Cutlery still isn't metal, but same time isn't the crappy plastic ones. It's the more solid type of plastic! Kudos to them again. Enjoyed the Boeing Sky Interior on the B737-800, 9M-MXH. Plane was very clean but MAS has to reconsider changing their pillows as they are so bad. That's the only downside other than the 20 minute delay which was due to the late arrival of the aircraft and runway congestion (both SQ and EK had to depart at the same time). Definitely recommend it as the price I paid is 3-4 times cheaper than SQ.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Russell Ng    (Malaysia)

I am a frequent customer of MAS. I have noticed that there are some improvements and also down falls. Their improvement is that they changed all their aircraft to new ones. The down falls are that the new seats are really tight (especially on the 737), Food portion decreased tremendously (even on the A380 routes), in-flight entertainment was fine but compared with other airlines its considered less and their hard products aren't really much to be impressed about. Their cabin crew are friendly but they can definitely do better. But the price is really good, so i have no complaints about that. I really hope MAS would step up their game if they want to compete with other airlines. But all in all, it is a good airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by A Balmer    (UK)

Just returned from holiday to Thailand flying out from London to KL and on to Krabi. First time with MA. Both flights were late but that was the least of the problems! We arrived in Krabi on Saturday 28th Feb - our luggage arrived late on Sunday 1st Mar. Several other passengers on the flight, and the following flight that afternoon, suffered the same problem. Coming home we flew from Koh Samui to KL and then on to London - again both flights were delayed. This time however there was a 50% improvement, they managed to deliver us and 1 of our 2 cases at the same time and in the same place - well done MA! Again there were around 20 other passengers who had delayed baggage. Seriously, what kind of an outfit manages to mislay a passenger's cases twice on the same trip? Absolute shower. I shall never fly with this airline again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Set Han Wei    (Taiwan)

MH408 on 20th Feb 2015. Kuala Lumpur to Taipei. Excellent customer service. Cabin crew were very friendly and professional. The food was delicious. The IFE was good in choice and excellent. Overall excellent flight service and comfortable seat. I will keep flying with MAS.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Lim Ping Co    (Philippines)

Business class MNL-KUL/KUL-CDG, and CDG-KUL/KUL-MNL. The crew on all our flights were very friendly and efficient (especially on MH21 on 7 March 2015). The seats were comfortable on the A380, and the food was good as we used the "chef on call" option. Not that big an issue but my only negative point in an otherwise very pleasant experience is that our luggage did not arrive with us in Manila and we had to wait for over two hours for our checked baggage to arrive on a subsequent flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by S Satari    (Malaysia)

KUL-LHR, MH04, Economy, 13th Feb 2015. Flight was delayed for about 30 mins waiting for air traffic controller's authorisation for departure. Cabin was clean and seat is only as comfortable as any economy seat can be. Inflight meal: got a pleasant surprise of satay being served to all economy passengers. Although only a very small portion, it is a remarkably nice effort. Both lunch and dinner are adequately proportion, edible and nice. Seated at 80G, the flight attendant in charge of that aisle was excellent. She helped 2 elderly couples who initially were seated in the middle 80E, F, to empty seats in front for their convenience. Same upbeat moods were also seen in other staff, casual chat with passengers including helping some of the passengers in taking pictures. Inflight entertainment is good. Wide selections with both new and old movies, all functioning well. Flight overall was smooth. Arrival was about 30 mins late and that is inclusive of 3 circles over London sky due to congestion at Heathrow. Luggage was out by the time I got through the immigration. All in all a very satisfactory journey and glad to see the cabin staff in an upbeat mood. With the price that I got (unbelievably low), it's really a winner.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Gan Jia Hao    (Germany)

Was traveling to KUL-LGK-KUL with MH1430 and MH1447 in economy class. Everything was going smoothly. Refreshments were served since it's just an hour flight. On the returning flight, unfortunately the B737-800 was old aircraft, so there was no in-flight entertainment. The cabin crews were friendly. They welcomed and thanked every people with their smiles. Definitely will be flying with them next time.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Otfried Keller    (Germany)

Took SIN-KUL-PEN-KUL-SIN in February 2015 on Business Class. Each short leg I was served a hot tasty meal with linen napkins I was quite surprised. Very friendly professional staff. Clean cabins and warm Service. I was quite happy. There was no entertainment during the short flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by D Jason    (UK)

Flew Bali - KUL (777) and KUL - Krabi - KUL - Bali (737). The 777 cabin is old and dated but the sense of space is unbeatable. I would even prefer it over their 'newer' A330 longhaul business seat. On the three 737 sectors nice comfortable cradle seats with in seat AVOD IFE on two of the three 737 sectors. On the KUL - Bali flight without in seat TV we were given portable IFE players which was unexpected on such a short flight. Crew were excellent - considering that they all would have lost friends and colleagues, this is a credit to them. Food was good, a choice of three mains on each flight. Would definitely recommend.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Peter Moran    (Australia)

Reasonable Business Class Product, but economy is not as god as other full service airlines. Flew BKK-KUL economy, KUL-SYD Business and SYD-KUL-BKK economy. Business was due.to an MH Upgrade bid being accepted. I found the staff in business were friendly and proactive but in economy they can be surly and do not go out of their way at all to be of assistance. Golden Lounge in KUL was large, but the food selection was limited, despite Malaysia having some excellent dishes. On board the satay was excellent, but my chef on call meal was accompanied by very hard vegetables. Dessert had no choice and was not exciting. Wine choice was excellent. The seat is better than economy but the angle made me feel like I always had to prop myself up, so thank goodness for the footrest. Economy food was lacklustre and the wine is just palatable. Service not happy, no menus and it took more than an hour for drinks to be served on a two hour flight. I did not see the staff come through with water or other drinks once. IFE is OK but it takes some time to get going and the collect the headphones a long time before landing and then show arrival videos. OK for a first time flyer, but annoying for more frequent travellers. Overall it was safe, online check in 48 hours before flight is good, safety not an issue. MH just needs to elevate staff attitudes and encourage a bit more friendliness and the perception of their product will improve even if the hard product does not. Good prices make MH a decent choice, but they are not as good as other one world carriers.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by S Satari    (Malaysia)

KUL-LHR, MH04, Economy, 13th Feb 2015. The flight is slightly delayed for about 30 mins waiting for air traffic controller's authorisation for departure. Cabin is clean and seat is only as comfortable as any economy seat can be. Inflight meal: got a pleasant surprise of satay being served to all economy passengers. Although only a very small portion, it is a remarkably nice effort. Both lunch and dinner are adequately proportion, edible nice. Seated at 80G, the flight attendant in charge of that aisle was excellent. She helped 2 elderly couples who initially were seated in the middle 80E, F, to empty seats in front for their convenience. Same upbeat moods were also seen in other staff, casual chat with passengers including helping some of the passengers in taking pictures. Inflight entertainment is good. Wide selections with both new and old movies, all functioning well. Flight overall was smooth. Landing is smooth as always. Arrival is about 30mins late and that is inclusive of 3 circles over London sky due to congestion in Heathrow. Luggage are out by the time I got through the immigration. No damage noted. All in all a very satisfactory journey and glad to see the cabin staff in an upbeat mood. With the price that I got (unbelievably low), it's really a winner.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by P Wong    (Malaysia)

Johor Bahru-Kuala Lumpur in Boeing 737-800 and Kuala Lumpur-Guangzhou in Airbus A330-300. Both flights were on- time with fast boarding. The service from flight attendants was great, even thought the meal service was delayed due to shortage of crew during my flight to Guangzhou. The refreshments served were just moderate, but the meals served were excellent, both Nasi Lemak and noodles served with chicken and black pepper sauce. Very comfort seat and various selection in its inflight entertainment system except for some categories. Can get a 5-star service with less money spend, would recommend.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by A H Ashiblie    (Malaysia)

KUL-TPE (21 Feb, MH408) and TPE-KUL (28 Feb, MH367) with B738. Excellent service by very professional crew on both flights. Excellent food (especially the satay) and wine. Seats definitely comfortable for the 4 hour flight. The Purser on the TPE-KUL flight surprised me with a gift (being a One World Platinum). I look forward to flying MH again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Vanron Ngoun    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-PNH/BKK-KUL-MEL. My trips were nothing to cheer about and as a strong supporter of MAH for a long time, I considered myself as a low-maintenance passenger, still I came out of flying with MH very disappointed. Crew members were so-so on their performance. Meal serving time looked like they do a sprint race, rushing through to have the job done quickly so they'd time for themselves behind those blinds. There was only one time of drink offering between meal during 7h and 10mins. That soggy roll/sandwich served as breakfast was so pathetic and inedible. It's amazed me how once a five star carrier now becomes the ordinary one. MH, please raise your game and don't take your passengers for granted.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by T Jarvis    (UK)

LHR-KUL-ADL and return. A380 very quiet and comfortable, no problem sleeping, meals fine especially the Satay. A330 on the second leg, the seating not at the same standard but just about OK for the length of trip. The only problem we encountered was the return KUL-LHR leg, delayed by over an hour with no sign of any apology, FA were also very poor, hardly a smile to be seen and quite abrupt which in my experience is most unusual for MH.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Y Zulhilmi    (Malaysia)

Took MH760 from KUL-SGN on 19th February 2015. I was upgraded to Business Class through MH Upgrade option. Definitely worth the money. The Regional Golden Lounge was superb! The lunch served, Chicken Biryani was delicious, together with Cappuccino Cake as a dessert. Cabin crew was usual MH top notch, friendly staff, definitely recommend the MH Upgrade option to experience MH Business Class service. Will always choose MH as preferred airlines to fly with.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Aidil Idzhar Ali    (Malaysia)

I am on my 'mileage run' trips in March, the first 2 legs was semi-long haul KUL-ICN Return in Business class with MAS, MH66 and MH77 on 28 Feb (outbound), and 2-Mar (inbound). Since I only had about 16 hours in Incheon, the cabin crew who served on the both flights are the same set of crew. Boarding/Depart/Arrival - Both were on time. Priority boarding for business class pax was observed. It was a full Business Class pax load, all 36 seats were filled (MH 66), and 30 pax on MH 67. Generally smooth process. Seat/IFE/Amenities - I reckon the major downside of MAS is the hard product of its Business Class. The flight was on A330-300 aircraft (2-2-2), which was generally mediocre with angled lie flat bed. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I found it to be comfortable and had a good sleep. I would really recommend that MAS upgrade the quality of its pillow, blanket etc especially in terms of the fabric which looked 'very cheap', certainly not luxurious-looking compared to offerings from say Qatar. Having said that, they did serve the intended purpose. IFE: Like always I enjoyed the IFE offerings. It may not have the most volume in terms of selection, but every time I manage to find something interesting to watch. There was no amenity kit provided on this leg for flight time of 6 hours (another let down), but the amenities provided in its lavatories were adequate for red-eyed flight e.g. shaving kit, toothbrushes and scented spray. I think the hard product really needs new/modern make-over even on A330 to remain competitive with other carriers and exudes more of that luxurious taste. Perhaps a Herringbone layout with all aisle access, bigger/higher resolution screen with touchpad controller, fully lie-flat bed and more luxurious comfort kit offerings? Food - Delicious as always. The Signature Dish - Satay needs no introduction. I ordered Chef-On-Call for both legs, of which were delicious (MH66 - Fried Noodles with black paper chicken; MH 67 - Beef Tenderloin with Green Peppercorn). Besides the main, Bus Class pax was also served light refreshment such as dessert, fresh fruits and Hagen Dasz ice-cream. However, due to turbulence, on MH66 no hot beverages were served which was quite a let down. Cabin Crew - Genuine smiles, I was addressed by name at all times. Crew efficiency was excellent on both flights, no long waiting to be served with meals or other ad-hoc requests. What impressed me was the attention to detail that the crew did. Generally, I was very satisfied with this trip from all aspects. The main improvement needed is on the hard product offerings even on A330 type of aircraft, which are truly a let down, given their excellent service of cabin crew/F&B.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo 9 February. The best part of the flight was the excellent customer service. Very friendly and professional. The food was quite average. Chicken and vegetables for lunch and the snack towards the end of the flight was a soggy tuna roll. The IFE was quite limited as well. But again it was the excellent flight service that saved the trip for me.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Ngoun Van    (Australia)

MEL-PNH-MEL. I've flown with MH 5 times in the last 15 months and noticed nothing improved in staff performance and catering, Staff looked businesslike, not much time to smile and abrupt. Food was so-so and I must admit that soggy roll/sandwich served as breakfast from KUL to MEl was so revolting. Only once or twice were drinks served between meals for the whole 7 hour flight. MH is now just a bit above budget carriers, that means well below par for an airline that used to be 5 star. Still I'll continue to fly them because of their competitive price.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Tarafino Pascal    (Luxembourg)

AMS-KUL, MH019. KUL-MNL, MH806. MNL-KUL, MH803. KUL-AMS, MH016. The trip was all in all good, but it seems that the seats in economy 777 are getting worse in comfort - very hard. They need to refurbish economy class. The crew were polite and very helpful.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by R Coach    (Australia)

Travelled from DPS to BKK via KUL. Flew on 777 and 737. Good clean planes, but what stood out was the service from the flight attendants. They were very friendly and the service was excellent. All in all it was a great experience.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by R Bennetts    (Australia)

ADL-KUL-PNH and return. Outbound, ADL-KUL the crew were very ordinary. Plane was only half full but flight attendants rushed through drinks and meal service to hide for the for the majority of the flight. Meals were virtually thrown at the passengers. KUL-PNH was better but crew did their job-no more. Legroom was extremely tight. Return sectors were better but standards no match for rival airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Lim Wong    (Australia)

Flew MEL-KUL return on MH146 and MH147 on A333. First time flown, was not disappointed with anything major apart from the fact that the return flight was delayed for about an hour. The food was fine. The entertainment system was okay apart from the slightly slow speed, but I kind of expected it. I liked how there was an online option for reading the inflight magazine, which was very detailed. I wouldn't hesitate about booking with MH again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Chia Eu Jin    (Malaysia)

My recent flight from KL to Bali and return, was the worst I had taken with MAS. The crew service was so bad that I felt like I was a burden to airline. The food onboard consist of a bun and what l was told was chicken on a 3 hour flight, and on the return flight, a snack sized chicken with potatoes (at least it was a hot meal). What happened to the warm buns with butter, served with a side salad and a dessert which MAS used to give, even on a 2 hour flight? In addition, technical glitches on the seat display screen showed that we were flying across Eastern Europe when we were flying across Indonesia. On the way back, the distance from location was displayed at 1145 KM from destination for the entirety of the flight. The seat was constantly in a reclining position even after many attempts to straighten it (please look into fixing seat 16A, flight no. MH 714, 25th Feb 2015).

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by K Alex    (Malaysia)

London-Kuala Lumpur. Check-in through business class check-in due to oneworld membership. Very fast check-in. Flight was on an airbus A380. Flight was delayed by 1 hour due to 'late arrival from Kuala Lumpur'. Boarding was fast and efficient. Extremely big plane and seats were very big compared to MAS and Qatar's A330 seats. Food was served twice with snacks in-between. The first meal 'lasagne' wasn't that nice. The second meal 'fried mee' was extremely delicious. Drink and snacks were served frequently. Crew members were extremely friendly. Entertainment was extremely good. Arrived kl 50 minutes late. Overall, extremely good flight. Will fly again with MAS.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Cowan    (UK)

First time on MAS for a long time, Jakarta to London via KL. First flight was bang on time, newish looking aircraft with good seats, decent IFE and nice food. The long haul flight to London was pretty good, when we eventually boarded it, as it was delayed 15 hours due to a technical fault. The ground staff were quick to organise hotels for everyone, but were completely clueless when trying to rebook me and various other stranded business class passengers onto other carriers as an alternative - given that this was at MAS's base this stretched credulity. Once onboard the A380 to LHR, the standard of the product remained as good as the first flight, albeit with even more room and a decent, proper flat bed seat (which was a lot comfier that its conventional appearance suggested). It's a shame that the management of the delay put a major downer on what otherwise was a good experience, MAS could do with a few lucky breaks at the moment and it feels as if they shot themselves in the foot here.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Amral Bakri    (Malaysia)

I flew back from holidays on Malaysia Airlines MH21 from CDG to KUL on Business in early January. Overall is fantastic and we had great food from Paris until KLIA. Seating on the Airbus A380 was great but my daughters seat was not working well and she did not enjoy her trip home. Services from the stewardesses and flight manager were fantastic, as expected from Malaysia Airlines but some improvements are badly needed especially no toiletries bag provided anymore on Business Class.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by McWatt John    (UK)

Travelled recently to New Zealand with my wife to visit our son. The flights out and back were with Malaysia Airlines. The flights out from LHR to KL, and from KL to Auckland were not exactly the best we have experienced. The service on board during both flights was average and did not reflect the friendliness with which Malaysia is renowned. The staff seemed intent on serving drinks and food as fast as they could, and ignored reasonable requests for additional items such as water, not only from us but other passengers as well. The food served up was pretty poor and certainly did not reflect the style or quality expected of Richard Corrigan, the airlines named chef. To add insult to injury when we arrived in Auckland, our luggage apparently was still in LHR, we eventually received them 5 days later. Our return flights this time from Auckland to KL, and KL to Amsterdam were no better and we rated the food on offer as being worse than the outbound flights. Indeed neither of us could eat anything on the KL to Amsterdam flight as it was almost inedible. The service was marginally better than the outgoing flights, however still fell short of what we had expected. When we queried the delayed luggage at Auckland prior to the return flights, we were simply passed off with various excuses. Indeed the contact numbers we were given somewhat reluctantly were useless as they only connected to ticket offices and the staff in these locations (presume LHR) were incapable of offering any help or alternative contact numbers as they tended to hang up on our calls.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by John Cobos    (Malaysia)

I'm a regular business class traveler. Traveled with MH from Hong Kong to Kuching on business class. Plane was a 737-800. Seat wise acceptable, with 2x2 configuration. As I was travelling from Hong Kong, I used the Cathay lounge instead. I used the golden lounge at Kota Kinabalu airport I was in BKI waiting for the next connecting flight, the golden lounge was acceptable being a domestic golden lounge. No alcohol is offered with normal fare buffet like few curries, some not very attractive sandwich etc. Business class was unfortunately unappealing, among seated the FA did not come and greet me by my name. The seat was not cleaned throughout with few left over plastics scattered all over the place. Proper newspaper was not provided in the seat. Proper menu was not provided. FA came and ask to collect order without proper mentioning of what was available. Usually hot towel was provided, not cold towel was provided instead. Pay attention to details was largely missing, for eg, packaged butter was used instead. FA was friendly but lack of their enthusiasm about their job. This is not a proper business class offering, it is becoming more like premium economy class instead. Malaysia Airlines if you are reading this, what is heck is going on with you?

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Palmer Glen    (Australia)

Feb 2015, flew business class PER-KUL, MH126, A333, KUL-KBI, MH2640, B737-800. KBI-PER, MH0121, B737-800. I hadn't flown with Malaysian since around 2009 and over the years there has been a noticeable drop in service. I used to rate MAS right up there with Singapore and Cathay, but that has changed. Those little toiletries bags are no longer issued in any shape or form and as another reviewer noted the magazines and literature is tattered and worn. Indeed as we descended into Perth the Stewardess scrambled around the seats collecting the menus for re-use. I am guessing they were for reuse because as I read mine on the flight I thought it looked a bit dog eared and worn. The cabin service on all flights had one modus operandi and that was that the cabin crew would get the food service done as soon as possible and then draw all galley curtains so they can doze or chat for the duration. Cabin attendance and presence on all sectors was woeful. I recalled my past flights with MAS had the cabin crew were almost graceful as they went about their business, however now they seem to be in a rush and they really should be wearing joggers so they can run around the cabin. The service was simply awful. To highlight this point, on the KUL-BKI sector I boarded the aircraft to find a rubbish bag sitting on my chair, where the cabin had been cleaned by the ground crew, but they had forgotten to take the rubbish bag. I handed it to the attendant and she simply smiled and said "Thank you sir", like it was a gift. When I sat in my chair it kept reclining backwards and would not remain upright, so I called the same attendant and pointed out that the seat was broken. "Yes Sir, we know this because it is reported in our flight maintenance log". So why would you put a passenger in a broken seat? More to the point there were spare seats available so I moved, but the crew should have blocked that seat and redistributed pax automatically. On the A333 the business class seats are as you would expect, but there are better on other airlines, however the B737-800 business seats are the old style barber chairs, and are simply wider and all manually activated. This decline in service and product has been obviously happening over a period of time and I feel MAS is on the decline. I won't be flying with them again if I can avoid it.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by A D Storey    (USA)

HKG-KUL-BOM. B737 from Hong Kong and B777 to Mumbai. 737 seats are comfortable and sufficient for the sector. B777 seats are totally outdated, and need to be replaced. Food, drinks and crew were great on all flights. First class lounge in KL is quiet and well served by staff. Malaysian are making an effort to recover from the horrors of last year.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Lee Stephen    (New Zealand)

SIN-KUL on MH608. Travelled Business Class SIN-KUL-AKL. Poor selection of food at Lounge on KLIA, magazines etc in seat holder dirty and placed any old how. No menu - air crew just came around asking each person if they wanted the beef or chicken dish. Preordered meal had to be handed back as it was inedible. Staff lacked any sense of customer service. Cabin looking tired. Just received the Malaysian Airlines ENRICH membership card upon return home - it went straight into the bin as I will never be flying Malaysian again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by David Etchel    (UK)

It is with a very heavy heart that after travelling with Malaysian Airlines for over 20 years on a twice a year basis and enjoying the wonderful cabin servicing they offer I have to write this report. On boarding from LHR in the upper deck I asked the hostess if she could put my bag in overhead locker as I had wrist splints on for Arthritis, I was amazed that she pointed to my wife and demanded why she would not do it. At 5 ft my wife could not reach the locker so reluctantly she put the case up for me. Thus began a very miserable flight. Cabin crew did not serve hot drinks throughout the 12 hour flight only on demand then reluctantly. Food was OK but served with a miserable attitude by all the crew. This sort of attitude shown by the crew will not help an ailing airline. Come on Malaysian get your act together and serve those who are willing to keep loyal to you.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Roy Set    (Taiwan)

MH 367, TPE-KUL on 4 Feb. Using the B738 with new Boeing interior. Flights on time. Food delicious and good enough portion. I was very enjoy the flight for over 4 hours flight. Good inflight entertainment, and the cabin crew serve in professionally. Overall is excellent and I will support and fly with MH again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Wong Sean    (Malaysia)

I flew from Seoul (ICN) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) on an A330. Flight was delayed 1 hour but it didn't matter so much since we arrived at gate 30-40 mins before boarding and everything just seemed normal to me. Seat was very comfortable and food was not too bad. The touch screen wasn't working very well but still there were some good movies to watch. Staff were very kind although some were wearing too much makeup. The toilet was very clean. I would definitely fly with MAS again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by W Rayson    (Malaysia)

KL - Auckland return flight in economy. I chose MAS because it was the only direct flight from Malaysia to Auckland and of course the cheap promotion fares. Checked in process was smooth and flight boarding on time. I couldn't believe when I stepped into the plane because it was a really old Boeing model and the floor looked dirty. Seats was just OK and I couldn't sleep for whole night. The inflight entertainment was OK but the screen was so small, old and not clear. KL to Auckland - most of the staff were unfriendly. Maybe because of the midnight flight where they can't sleep hence in the bad mood? They seldom walked around with water. However Auckland - KL the staff were efficient and friendly. Plane looked better and not as old like the Boeing flight from KL to Auckland. Food and beverages were good.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Zhang Luke    (Indonesia)

CGK-KUL-HKG on 5 February. The first leg was on a 737-800 new aircraft with quite decent IFE. Staff were fine with fair service. One thing to note is the cleanliness. The aircraft is brand new but it seems to be a lack of maintenance for the interior. 2nd leg flight was using the 777-200, MH72. It seemed aged but surprisingly the seat is more comfortable and legroom was spacious. Served lunch and offered drinks generously by the female FA. Unfortunately the other male flight attendant was not friendly at all.

MH131, Jan 31 2015. Travelled Business Class SIN-KUL-AKL. Poor selection of food at Lounge on KLIA, magazines etc in seat holder dirty and placed any old how. No menu - air crew just came around asking each person if they wanted the beef or chicken dish. Preordered meal had to be handed back as it was inedible. Staff lacked any sense of customer service. Cabin looking tired. Just received the Malaysian Airlines ENRICH membership card upon return home - it went straight into the bin as I will never be flying Malaysian again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Chris Bandong    (Singapore)

MH 624/804, Dec 20, 2014. SIN-KUL-MNL and MNL-KUL-SIN. My only complaint is the very slow check-in service in NAIA Terminal 1, took us 1 hr in the line.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Lee Stephen    (New Zealand)

Flew MH 131, KUL-AKL Business Class on Jan 31 on B 777-200. First time flying Business Class on MH. Appalled by overall experience. The only positive aspect of the experience was the seat which was reasonably comfortable (even if not 180 degree lie flat). Warning signs started a few days earlier when attempted to book a meal online through Chef-on-Call service. Unable to do so due to maintenance issues, had to call MH Contact Centre. Golden Lounge at KLIA had adequate seating but poor selection of food, staff did not greet you personally upon being seated in business class cabin as I had come to expect with many other airlines on Business Class, magazines on pocket of front seat dishevelled and looked dirty, no food menu - cabin staff came around asking if you would like the lamb or the fish (with no further description offered - this occurred for both meals served during the flight), the meat dish I had pre-ordered had to be returned as it was inedible. A cloth serviette was place on your tray and a clothe serviette containing cutlery was then given to you prior to being served your meal - ie there was no laying of the table for you. Staff seemed hurried and uncaring. Cabin looked tired with threadbare carpet. IFE substandard. MH Enrich Loyalty Card going in the bin - as I won't be flying MH again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by D Anwar    (Malaysia)

KUL-HKG-KUL on MH72 and MH73. Both legs flown by MH's 20 year workhorse 772s. Didn't think too much of the supposed loud engine noise seen in some of the comments here. Prefer these older 772 seats with MH, rather than the new ones installed in their 388s and 738s, as they have more legroom, pitch and comfort. Plane interior (seat pockets, galleys, toilets, etc.) were quite clean, well maintained and in good working order. FAs were quite friendly and helpful on both legs. Drinks served every hour, with meal and snacks served throughout the 3+ hour flight. Only slight comment would be about the IFEs on the 772s. Smaller and dated screen compared to the newer MH planes, but functions just as well as the new systems.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2015 by M Adam    (Malaysia)

Kuala Lumpur - Ho Chi Minh City return, 16-18 Jan. We were a family of 6 adults and 2 kids. Flight was uneventful but I have nothing nice to say about the crew serving us. Outbound, the steward sarcastically ticked off my 9 year old nephew for taking a few seconds of his time to decide which meal he wanted. No social etiquette at all. Outbound, we were only served a sandwich which was awful. Inbound, a stewardess gave my nephew a child's meal but not my 4 year old daughter. When I asked for another one for my daughter, she said no, I had only ordered one. I am Malaysian and have flown countless times with them but not anymore.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 February 2015 by P Maymo    (France)

PVG-KUAL-CDG on 22 Jan 2015, MH 389, Airbus A330-300, MH 20, Airbus 380. I took 2 flights, both flights in economy. Staff in the air are efficient. The seats are just OK. The food was so-so, I chose the steamed rice and fish but the fish was awful. Concerning the entertainment, what is frustrating is the quality of sound which is very low, added to the fact there is not a great choice of movies.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 February 2015 by J Morgan    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne-Phuket (via Kuala Lumpur) return. Outbound on an A330. Entertainment was good. Cabin crew were abrupt. First meal was edible, but the second was some sort of 'sausage roll' and it was revolting. They didn't offer too many drinks. On the KUL-HKT sector an old 737 was used. We were served the most disgusting, soggy roll. At least on this sector the cabin crew were a little more friendly. On the return from HKT to KUL, a newer 737 was used, the food was quite nice and the cabin crew were friendly. The last flight from KUL to MEL was on an old 777-200. MH rather inconveniently uses a 2-5-2 layout on this plane. The plane was old with an ancient looking entertainment system. The food was okay on this flight and the cabin crew were better than on the flight over. Overall, they need for do far better if they want to be an airline of choice in the future.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2015 by Ericzon Sola    (Spain)

Jan 21, MH 807. Jan 25, MH 804. Round-trip Business class MNL-KUL. Jan 21 and Jan 25. The service from the staff was excellent! The only downside is that the plane looked dirty but maybe it was just old. Other than that - quality service and good value for money. I highly recommended.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2015 by Peter Christian    (Indonesia)

Flew with Malaysian Airlines for the first time for my SGN-KUL trip and was disappointed. Knowing for its five star reputation, I had high expectations on this flight. Instead they used an old aircraft with no entertainment. I thought okay, if they didn't have IFE maybe magazines will do. But when I took it out, the magazines were badly damaged that I don't even want to touch it. So there I was sleeping for the whole entire flight. Meal was pretty good but the flight attendants weren't as nice. They should really keep up with the other competition that are quickly improving.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2015 by Mullan Tom    (Ireland)

AMS-KUL-PER (Economy) 4 of us flew with Malaysia on a round trip from Amsterdam to Perth during January. The staff and comfort on the planes was excellent, and, with one exception, the food was reasonable. The exception was the breakfast on the last leg. A dish of boiled rice with half a boiled egg embedded, and what I took to be a savoury sauce on one side. Having stirred it all together I found that it was a very strong curry/pepper, of which I was unable to partake, as I am not fond of any curry/pepper meals. Curry for breakfast! Come on Malaysia - surely you can do better. However - the Administration Department of Malaysia Airways is awful. I emailed them 3 times with particular problems and did not even receive acknowledgements. We actually started our journey from Dublin, but this was with Aer Lingus, and I cannot fault them. However, they were unable to issue our Malaysia Boarding Cards, and told us this had to be done in Amsterdam. Luckily we hurried to the particular desk, as we were fourth in the queue. There was a single lady at the desk, and she was taking 15 minutes per client. It had something to do with re-routing late arrivals from the incoming plane onto other flights as they had missed their connections. So after an hour we managed to get our passes. But Amsterdam is a big airport, and it takes ages to negotiate, so we had to be quick in getting to the gate. The flights on the 777 and 330 were very comfortable, though they were not the seats I had originally requested. As I said earlier, I cannot fault the staff on board. They were very attentive and came round very regularly with drinks. On the last leg (KUL to AMS) the entertainment to two of our seats did not work well, and I could only get music, which was not a bother as I do not normally watch movies on a plane. However I did miss the flight progress maps. The staff did try to reset the system (twice) but without success. I have used MAH in the past, but this experience has dimmed my enthusiasm for them, and I may just decide to change operators for my next flight to Australia.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Woon Ws    (Singapore)

SIN-KUL-HKG on MH602 and MH72, 16 January 2015. Paid to upgrade to Business Class through their MHUpgrade programme, as I've never flown Business before and the prices were irresistible. It was rather worth it. Their Golden Lounge in Changi Terminal 2 was small but cosy and had a decent selection of food (could be improved, but maybe it's breakfast). The SIN-KUL leg was on an old (leased) 738 so there was no IFE and the Business Class seat was nothing remarkable. Service was good however, and they provided some bread for breakfast (early morning flight, in fact the earliest possible for SIN-KUL) compared to peanuts for economy class. Golden Lounge in KLIA was better: bigger, wider selection of food, many comfortable rest areas and comes with a view, though it was also quite crowded. Due to short connecting time, I did not spend much time in the lounge. KUL-HKG leg was on their 772, which is of some age but the Business class was still well-maintained. Caveat: this being my first time flying Business, I have no basis for comparison with other airlines' products. Leg room was excellent, seat comfort was good. While the seat is not lie-flat but inclined (angled-flat), I was still able to snooze well for a bit and it was still quite comfortable. Service was great: many flight attendants for Business Class, and with low occupancy in Business each passenger received good attention and treatment. They addressed each of us by name, and were forthcoming with serving food, drinks and newspapers. Flight attendants were very friendly (chatty too) and helpful with my requests. Ordered food via Chef on Call and the steak I ordered was great. Unfortunately I was so full from the meal that I did not finish my dessert. My main quibble would be the IFE, which is rather antiquated and has rather limited offerings compared to its newer planes and other airlines. Overall, for short or medium- haul flights I'd definitely consider MH again, especially given how competitive their pricing is nowadays.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Talamo Nigel    (UK)

This airline offers a good route network and since it is part of One World, I decided to try it out. I took 2 flights, CGK to KUL and KUL LHR. Both flights in economy. The staff both on the ground and in the air are charming and efficient. The seats are just OK. The food good. The entertainment system (on the A380) was frustrating to use because the software is inferior to other airlines A380 entertainment systems. However quality of sound and pictures was fine. So far so good. My only issue and one which would make me only use Malaysian as a last resort is the cleanliness of the aircraft. The seats, trays, magazine pockets, magazines, windows were all grubby and could do with a good deep clean. The carpets on both flights looked tatty. There were cobwebs between the window panes. The worse thing was the toilets on the 380. I tried 4 of them and all filthy. I am sorry to say that this doesn't meet the standards of other One World carriers or Skytrax 5 star airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Woon Ws    (Singapore)

HKG-KUL-SIN on MH73 and MH607, 19 January 2015. Did not pay to upgrade to Business Class, so I flew this return leg on Economy. Still quite worth it (the price was comparable to budget airlines) overall. Just one day before my flight, they sent an SMS to tell me that my earlier flight MH449 (on a B738) got cancelled and put me on MH73 (on a B772) scheduled 40 minutes later. Apparently MH449 often gets cancelled, probably due to low occupancy. The flight on MH73 was not full too, which does indicate much spare capacity on this leg. The B772 I flew for HKG-KUL was of some age, evident in the seat design and IFE. Leg room was supposed to be 34 inches (on newer planes it's 30-32 inches), though the difference didn't seem significant. That said, I had quite enough space (for someone 1.76m tall) so maybe I'd feel the difference when flying long-haul. I appreciated the 2-5-2 seating arrangement as I like the window seat but hate clamouring over many people to go to the toilet. In any case, because the flight was not full, my neighbour went somewhere else to snooze. The IFE box under the window seat is rather annoying however. IFE was old (small blurry screen) and the selection was limited. The food served was quite decent, especially main course and dessert. The salad was weird though, an attempt at Asian-style coleslaw that failed miserably. Service would be my major quibble on top of IFE. Flight attendants did their job, but they seemed less warm than compared to my experiences in Business Class on the onward journey to HKG. I found it weird that passengers had to help themselves to the drinks (attendant holds out the whole tray of drinks to you, and you take whichever you fancy) instead of the attendant passing the drink to the passenger (which is the case on most flights I've flown). Attendants were occasionally unsmiling or fierce, and sometimes their smile seems a bit forced. Thankfully my HKG-KUL leg landed on time because I had a very tight connection to KUL-SIN (thankfully baggage arrived on time too). For the short HKG-KUL leg, only peanuts were served. It was a newer 738 so the seats looked fresh and the IFE quality was excellent (not that you use it much on such a short flight). Overall, their Economy Class definitely pales in comparison to its full-service competitors, but the prices are so competitive that lower expectations are deserved. I'd still consider flying MH in Economy next time, especially if the price is right.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by K Simpson    (UK)

MH001, 15 Jan, LHR-KUL in economy class, upper deck seating, check in at Heathrow was fast and efficient. On board crew were very pleasant offering plenty of water and juice runs, the food was better than my previous flights last year. MH149, 19 Jan, KUL-MEL in business class on on old B777, even though this aircraft is old it was clean and in good condition. The crew were good but clearly have no knowledge of wines or how and when to serve them, in business class you expect good service and knowledge of what they are providing (this was not 5 star service).

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by J Dolmatova    (Malaysia)

My wife and I are Platinum One World frequent flyers. We flew from Sydney to KL on MH122 on the 20th of January in business class with our son in business class. The plane was one of the oldest I have ever flown on. The staff were not welcoming and proceeded to talk the entire flight loudly in the galley. The toilets were flooded and dirty yet no effort was made to clean them. The entire crew attitude was unhelpful and a poor reflection on Malaysians who are typically very warm and welcoming. This was the worst business class flight I have experienced.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by N Sutherland    (UK)

MNL-KUL-LHR, Economy. Pretty slow and inefficient check-in in MNL with all the construction work in T1. Flight was 30 mins late in departing but they made up most of that on the journey. Excellent transit in KUL with transit security located at the gate which I always prefer. Cabin service on both flights was nothing special and the food was disappointing. Breakfast on the London flight was inedible after a 10 hours flying. Very small passenger numbers on the A380 gave most passengers a whole row to stretch out, which was great on a 13hr+ flight. IFE was OK, but not as good as the competition. I don't usually like 13hr flights but the space on Malaysian made it a great way to get to Europe and bang on time getting into LHR.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Obyrne Paul    (Ireland)

I flew Malaysian Airlines for the first time, in business class, from London to Kuala Lumpur on Christmas Eve. The plane was an A380 and the seat was comfortable. The cabin crew in business were the most unfriendly team I have encountered in the sky. When asked why the standard pre-flight drink of bubbly was not available, a cabin staff member said that this was due to customs regulations. Red wine, with the main meal, was served cold. While the facility to pre-order meals is a positive feature, business class, with this airline, is poor value compared to that available from other carriers flying between Ireland/UK and South East Asia.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by C Blanchard    (Germany)

My partner and I had mixed experiences flying from Frankfurt to Auckland and back in the last month. We chose Malaysia Airlines because of price, short connection times, and the extra baggage allowance. The flights to NZ were not bad: food was better than expected and service very pleasant too. We had a less than positive experience on our return flights. On the plus side, when we noticed that the plane was half empty on the AKL-KL leg and we asked to move to seats with more leg room, our request was granted. This made for a very comfortable and pleasant flight. However, our second return flight was delayed in KL for some time, so we were exhausted and severely sleep deprived by the time the flight finally got clearance to take off. The plane was very full and it was an older plane with rather an incredibly noisy engine and rather tired seats - not in the best condition. Both of our entertainment units were not working properly so we couldn't watch movies, and the staff seemed too busy and stressed too help. The fish we were served was too spicy to eat (and we are used to eating fairly hot curries and Indian food), and later we were offered 'spicy prawns' for breakfast - no thanks! We would be very unlikely to fly with Malaysia Airlines again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by G Arya    (India)

The ratings posted here are the ratings I've flown on more frequently on the B777-200 from Mumbai to Kuala Lumpur. The aircraft had a clean and tidy cabin and all seats have a different colour. Toilets were hygienic enough. The staff service is terrible because they don't respond at all! The seats were comfortable enough that I was able to sleep well on the seat. The Indian food they catered was warm and delicious but their items are always exactly the same every time I've flown on the same flight. The entertainment system is really pathetic in terms of the screen quality, it is so small and unclear that it could possibly strain one's eyes badly, and the touch screen is also very unresponsive. I've flown on another Malaysian airline flight from Hyderabad to KL in brand new B737-800. That was a very good flight with nice IFE and it had it had USB slot luckily as my phone battery was dead.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Bunney    (Australia)

I flew from Cairns to Phuket with Qantas and Malaysia Airlines. On way via Darwin, return via Sydney. Airfare was cheapest around. I booked 2 days before I left which was during the Xmas/New Year period. I was very impressed all around. Airfares, Staff, comfort, punctuality, special order vegetarian meal. I did have a 6 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur both ways, which was really enjoyable. I took the train to the city and went on the Hop on/off Tourist bus, which was great value. I felt safe, locals were friendly and English was spoken everywhere. I will fly with them again if the price is right.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Victor    (UK)

Flew AMS-KUL on MH19, on what was a very old cabin and seat (777-200). Cabin crew were not at all welcoming on boarding the plane and this just set the scene for the whole flight. The seat is an angle lie flat, very uncomfortable and not a seat I have used in about 10 years of flying in business. Also wasn't offered a mattress for the seat. The TV screen was small and low resolution, the headphones cheap plastic, not noise cancelling, and with a poor connection which affected the sound quality. Food was ok, however the nasi lemak for breakfast came with a watery curry sauce and was poorly presented. My biggest gripe is reserved for the cabin crew who seemed to want to do the minimum possible, they offered the minimum of drink services, the seat belt sign was kept on for almost the entire flight meaning they refused to make hot drinks although apart from this restriction all the passengers and crews seemed to ignore the seat belt sign and walked about as normal. Yes I know its the flight deck that switches the sign on, however the flight had next to no turbulence. Overall, this was the worst business class flight I have ever been on. Their competition is supposed to be Cathay/Singapore/Emirates, but they came nowhere near those airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Canty    (Australia)

KL to MEL, 4th Jan. Flight was 45 mins late leaving but these things happen. Crew were very attentive throughout the flight. They really couldn't do enough for you. Meals were quite good and the drinks flowed freely. Water was constantly topped up and always done with a smile. We have flown MAS quite a lot in the last few years and never had any complaints. It is the crew that contributes to a pleasant flight and this crew was no exception. We traveled on the A330-300 and the seats are not so comfortable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Carmody    (Australia)

KUL-PER the trip was very comfortable on an otherwise fully filled flight. We enjoyed not being squashed into a budget airline. We looked forward to our meals, but my wife found the choice of a spicy chicken curry or fish to not be much of a choice. She chose the chicken and found it too hot to be edible. Surely on a route that has many non Malaysians flying on it a non spicy, non fish meal could be offered. I ordered a vegetarian, but was disappointed to find it mainly to be pasta and mushrooms. The gate check-in in KL was unbelievably slow, close to 90 minutes to check everyone in.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Zulkhairul Naim    (UK)

17 Dec, MH 1140, KUL-PEN. MH 1167, PEN-KUL. Both flights were on time. They are using the B738 with new Boeing interior. I was very happy with the MH service for a 45 minute flight. Flight from KUL-PEN was full, but cabin crew managed it professionally. Will flying again with this airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by X Leo    (Singapore)

Very good first experience on MAS, SIN-KUL-KIX on economy and return on business. Check-in at SIN was fast, hassle-free and baggage was released timely at KIX airport. It was an overnight flight on New Year's Eve and clock struck 12 a while after take off so pilot wished us a Happy New Year and we happened to be able to see fireworks in the distance from our windows. Refreshments (a tuna croissant and drinks) were served about 45 mins after take off, shortly after cabin lights were dimmed for pax sleeping. Lights gradually turned on (instead of a flick - from total darkness to instant brightness) and breakfast served 1.5hrs before landing. Took the Nasi Lemak set and it tasted pretty good. Check-in at KIX was done really swiftly (less than 10 minutes), staff was courteous and welcoming. Did not get to use the lounge as I was running late. Seats reclined comfortably, duvet was soft and comfortable. Drinks and nuts served before flight took off. Food commenced shortly after flight took off. Appetizer was Beef and Chicken satay, too much sauce for me but delicious nonetheless. Next up was the soba + mini sandwiches + smoked salmon/chicken breast appetizer. Main course was beef tenderloin. Dessert (I requested for it to be served 2hrs before landing) was a slice of pie/cake with blueberry sauce. I had a good rest on the 8hrs flight to KUL. Flight attendants were attentive and smiley. Would definitely fly MAS again if I have the chance.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by G Marsh    (UK)

KUL-LHR. Overnight flight which was very comfortable. The cabin supervisor made a point of greeting everyone by name and introducing himself to everyone. The cabin crew were very attentive and friendly. Meals were served in a timely fashion and bottled water offered throughout the flight. Announcement that no hot drinks would be served which seems a common theme on these flights with the exception of Breakfast coffee which was served in a nice big mug. Standard of catering good. Seat comfort good and I managed to get a few decent hours of sleep on the flat bed although there is a distinct lack of privacy with the configuration of the seats. Well crewed in business class who were all very cheerful and friendly with four cabin crew to 18 passengers. I would definitely fly with Malaysia again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Sembiring    (Indonesia)

I flew CGK-KUL-PEN vv. When I was waiting for the CGK-KUL flight, MH send an sms which they informed that my KUl- PEN flight would be delayed for 2 hours. Later the captain informs the reason of the delay and apologize. The sandwich served between CGK-KUL was fine. One of the male crew was rude and never smiled at all. The others were fine. All aircraft was new 737 with sky interior except for PEN-KUL flight which is an old 737. Overall MH is fine.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by V Lim    (Philippines)

MNL-KL-CDG, Dec. 20, 2014 and returned Jan. 4, 2015. The trip to Paris was delayed from Manila and we were concerned that we might either miss the flight to Paris or our baggage might get delayed. Luckily this didn't happen. We also had chef on call meals which was a good option. The flight from KL-CDG used the A380 and it was a good experience for us overall. However, on the return flight we tried to request the meal via email but their office was closed since they only work Monday to Friday Malaysian time. We asked at check-in but it was too late. No amenities onboard - when I asked the staff they said they were forgotten by the airline. We arrived into KL with about an hour to spare before the next flight (this was meant to be a 2 hour layover) but when we arrived in Manila our luggage was not with us. The plane from KL to Manila was old and dirty.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Canty    (Australia)

KL to Melb. 4th Jan. Flight delayed by 45 mins but these things happen. The staff were very attentive and happy going about their job. Meals were of quite a good standard and the drinks flowed freely. Water was topped up on a regular basis and always done with a smile. Have travelled with MAS quite a lot over the last few years and never had any problems, they are a great airline and would not hesitate to use them in the future. We did travel on the A330-300 and I find the seats quite uncomfortable, 777 seats are a lot more comfortable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by V Lim    (Philippines)

Flew KL-CDG with their A-380. On the flight to Paris the trip was mostly good. Staff were good with their service. Seat lie flat but a bit hard on the back. Lower feet portion has no problem. Food was ok, Inflight entertainment was good. However on our return flight, the toiletries is missing. Slippers were not given. Staff were attentive to our needs but you can see that quality of service is not there. Toilets are not being cleaned so you go in with wet floors. Some of the toilets are closed because the flush is not working. Not your typical business class service and comfort. So much lacking on this Airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by D Tong    (Indonesia)

Ho Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur on December 29, 2014. The only 4 check-in counters open and I had to wait approx. 45 mins although only about 10 people queuing. The flight used a B737-800 and the crew were good. The magazines and newspapers were in a bad shape. The food were good (didn't get any options since they were running out of food). The luggage took another 45 minutes to come out.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Wouter Glaser    (The Netherlands)

Very nice trip with MAS. First trip ever with them. First economy onward journey AMS-KUL-DPS and Business return. In a very empty business class (4 out of 30 seats were occupied) we travelled with a 6 month very comfortably. Staff was nice and accommodating. Only con was the food, we are vegetarians and they catered for religious vegetarians. Well cannot blame them as it is difficult to cater for us. The trip went very well, lounge access, priority baggage handling. Will definitely fly again with MAS.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Andrew Maile    (Indonesia)

LHR-KUL on 3rd January - check in at LHR was very slow indeed with only one biz class counter open initially. The lounge was fine, busy but space to sit, offering a good breakfast selection for the 10.50am flight. Friendly welcome on board (much better than the outbound 2 weeks ago when the unfriendly stewardess at the door looked at my boarding pass and simply said "This way" and pointed - no smile or greeting of any kind.) The upper deck cabin is comfortable and spacious and the window seats have loads of storage space. The seat was OK but I didn't really find it particularly comfortable for sleeping even with the mattress topper. A bigger, softer pillow would have been good. The crew was very proactive and efficient throughout the flight. The chef on call service worked fine and the food was pretty good with a decent snack bar set up at the front mid flight. The IFE was just ok - seemed to be a lot of the same selection as there was in December. KUL-CGK on 737-800 was fine - much more comfortable than European short haul in J class. Overall, it was a good experience - I'd happily choose Malaysian again if fares are competitive.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by D Manos    (Greece)

Flew from Helsinki to Bangkok via Frankfurt and Kuala Lumpur and return to Helsinki via Kuala Lumpur and London Heathrow. Frankfurt to Kuala Lumpur was one the most enjoyable flights ever. Extremely friendly crew, excellent food, drinks we're offered all the time including beer and wine. Snack box was given, and flight was in time. The seat comfort was excellent, even though the B777-200 shows its age. Return flight from KUL to London was a totally different experience. The seats are not very comfortable, more cramped, however the IFE is better. The A380 is a beauty to fly, as silent as flying can be. Crew was not friendly. Food was bad, reminding me food that you get in a short haul flight. No snack box was offered, just some cookies and apples in a basket. Selection of drinks more limited. In general I was looking forward to the flight but MAS seems hit and miss. KUL is an easy airport for transit and I would use Malaysia Airlines again. I know they are trying to save money, and I don't mind less IFE and less food, but what I mind is warmth and friendliness of the crew.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by H Glen    (Australia)

Economy Class from KUL-SYD. I fly this route regularly. Glad to see they finally changed the menu after a few years. IFE selection was fairly poor for New Release Movies, but the rest was OK. Seat very uncomfortable. Crew were very abrupt and rude. I interacted with 5 on this flight, and they all were very rude, and seemed annoyed by every request. MAS is a very average airline, but I have no choice on this route.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Dey Bhaskar    (India)

Malaysia Airlines has become one of the the worst airlines to travel. I and my family travelled from Bali to Bengaluru recently and the flight was delayed by over 6 hours. The airline didn't inform the passengers through SMS/Email nor display the revised travel times in the airport monitors, but kept delaying the time of the flight. We missed the connecting flight from KL and had to wait until the morning in the airport for the next flight. There was no one in KL airport to guide on transit visa/hotel facilities for the night. The staff were clueless and disorganized both at Bali and KL airports. There was no senior staff to organize alternate facilities or inform the travellers. Not recommended.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Whitehead David    (Australia)

I flew MH from Perth to KL and again KL to Siem Reap. Normally I would fly QF to. Sin but they no longer offer full service flights out of Perth. Anyway MH offered a flight at a reasonable hour of the day and a good price. The plane was fine the flight into KL early and essentially turbulence free despite warnings. Seat comfort is just OK. The biggest complaint is with the quality of the service. Staff seemed surly and uninterested. Food quality was also average whilst the drinks seemed positively stingy. Wine was very cheap quality and when I asked for a soft drink I got a glass mostly full of ice with a dash of coke and no can to refill the glass. Give me the whole can. Could also increase frequency of water handouts especially one just before descent. The flying was ok but a little more effort would go a long way.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by S Phillips    (UK)

Flew from London to KL and back, both ways on the top deck of the A380. The cabin crew were OK, polite and friendly. There were frequent food and drink runs so I didn't need to bring out the snacks I had brought with me. There was plenty to watch in the IFE system. The seats were fine considering this was economy, with enough leg room as long as you don't get someone in front of you reclining their seat for the whole flight!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G Ray    (Spain)

Business Class in A330 and A380 LHR/KL/SYD return. Definitely a long way short of the mark in just about every aspect. The business class seats in the A330 are not good at all and don't afford comfort in just about any position. The A380 seat is acceptable but a long way short of the major players such as SQ/EH /Cathay. The entertainment system had a pretty ordinary selection of movies. There were not a lot to choose from or someone at Malaysian has a love of sci-fi and kids movies. Food very ordinary and the Book the Chef a waste of time. Of the 4 meals, two of my booked meals arrived. The lounge in KL is way way way short of the mark. Would I fly them again? No.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Zumot Ghassan    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-PVG return. This is my first trip with Malaysia. All flights were punctual. Planes were clean but a bit old which takes away from elegance and presentation. The food was delicious but the drink selection was somewhat limited. The entertainment system was not up to scratch. Most movies were old and choice of video games was limited. The music system was fine. The toilets at the back of the plane were small. There is nothing wrong with Malaysia Airlines, but nothing to inspire either. They do a good job at providing basic service (nothing exceptional). Value for money, it is excellent.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Huins Charlie    (Cambodia)

Phnom Penh - KL - Bali on 20th Dec. Nice new Boeing plane, very good inflight system with reasonable films, polite crew, clean plane. Food was fine given each leg was relatively short. Perfectly happy with Malaysian and will fly with them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Muhammad Shazwan    (Singapore)

SIN-KUL-CDG and same for return. Flight from SIN-KUL and vice versa, expected to be full. Efficient service but experience marred with passengers who clearly don't understand the meaning of checking in their bags. Single aisle plane meant that if you are at the back of the plane, be prepared. To wait for the passengers upfront to get offload their bags from the overhead cabins. In all not airline fault but idiotic passengers. KUL-CDG, flight was not full thus my partner and I had an empty seat between us. This improved our mood for the long 13hrs flight to Paris. Cabin crews were excellent, engaging us with small talks n such. No problem with food onboard. CDG-KUL, flight was full and I was sandwiched between my partner and a dude. Just got a nasty shock that when I opened the magazine holder there were used tissue. Again not cabin crew's fault instead the ground handling staffs at Paris for not cleaning the plane properly. Requested for cabin crew to clear the tissue away and she apologized profusely for the oversight which I think was very sincere. The breakfast on plane was god-sent which was nasi lemak and sambal shrimp. After having days of non-spicy food (mustard is crap btw), the breakfast served was attuned to my taste even though I tasted better nasi lemak, I have no complains here. All in all, MAS may find a supporter in me who will forgo SIA for better fares.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Binuya Edgar    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-KUL-AMS on December 23, 2014. The SIN to KUL was delayed for an hour but it was okay because we were flying Business. We stayed in the lounge while waiting. Lounge was very quiet with total of 6 passengers using it. Food and drinks selection was okay. We loved the satay and wines. Flight was quick, comfortable seats and with some refreshment. It was with a new plane B737-800. Service was excellent! KUL-AMS was also delayed for 45 minutes. They could not get a clearance for take off and also waiting for other delayed passengers (like us). The transfer was nicely organized. It was with B772ER, an old plane. Small personal screens, limited and not so great selection of movies/entertainment. Food was fish or chicken. I chose fish, which was overcooked. It was served with veggies that were very salty. Breakfast was Nasi Lemak or Omelette. The omelette was nice, served with sausage and hash brown. My partner chose Nasi Lemak and it was very spicy for breakfast. Seats were comfortable in the economy although it can be improved and need some cleaning. It was lots of leg space for tall guys like me(40D). We had 4 rows on our own although It was a busy flight. Service was not impressive. After serving the supper most of cabin crews disappeared. They served only one round of drinks throughout the flight. We had to look for them in the pantry area if we need something. Also, no snacks were offered in between. One of the cabin crews even asked me "Boss, what do you want?" We normally take Singapore Airlines and KLM. We took MH because of the pricing. Malaysia Airlines is far from this two in terms of comfort, food, service, and fleet maintenance. I'm a little worried now on my flight back to KUL and to SIN. I hope its a different plane, a newer one.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by M van Amerongen    (Netherlands)

Flew from KUL to AMS in Business Class with MH Upgrade on a 777. Lovely experience. Was a bit wary of the angle lie flat seats but as there was an empty seat next to me, I had an extra pillow to put under my feet, making me lie in a 180 degree position. Slept for eight hours and was very comfortable. Very attentive and friendly FA's. Having flown the first leg AKL to KUL in Economy, I couldn't help noticing a difference in attitude between the two crews. In EC they seemed to be going through the motions. Fair enough, they did what they were supposed to do, but they could have smiled. Having said that, I will continue to use and recommend MH. Not only do they offer very competitive prices and a speedy connection to New Zealand, they also deserve support after this year's horrific events.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by David Butcher    (Canada)

Flew four legs MAA-KUL-BKK, KBV-KUL-MAA in October/November 2014 - a total of about ten hours flying. All flights in Business, all in 737-800's. Found it all to be a superior experience - from check in, to land and air staff, to cleanliness of planes, to entertainment (a bit limited, but these are 737s) to timeliness. The golden lounge at KUL is excellent - very bright and clean, good wifi, decent food, clean showers. All of it puts North American airlines to shame. I would happily use MH next time I'm in SE Asia.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Simon Fielder    (UK)

Very poor experience. Flight delayed on 11 December out of Saigon by 2 hours. They said they would hold the connecting flight to London and that ground staff in KL (their home airport) would be on hand. None of this was true. No information given on the flight about connections. Nobody available on their transfer desk for an hour to sort out issues and took two hours to get transferred overnight to a hotel and re-ticketed. Nobody took responsibility and the duty manager declined to come down and deal with the issues.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Shoumik Datta    (Singapore)

BNE to SIN via KUL. Excellent flight. The business cabin in the new A330 is really good and the crew is very accommodating. The satay is also extremely delicious. The 15.4 inch AVOD screen also had a good selection of movies. The amenity kit was the star of the evening. It had everything you could think and couldn't think of.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Ting Tw    (Malaysia)

The staff were not friendly for welcoming the customers onboard. The staff did not guide the customers to their seats. Furthermore, the cabin crew missed some rows while serving the drinks. The choice of drinks is very limited as well. No biscuit and no bread served, but just a small packet of peanuts. The legroom in economy seat was not good. The lavatory was fairly clean. However, the ticket price was very reasonable and affordable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by John Cains    (Australia)

KUL-SYD. enjoyed Flight except two problems - meal request not available (a first in business class) and FA's disappeared for three hours which happens in a night flights, but this was an all day flight. Otherwise good value.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Carol Martin    (New Zealand)

I was on MH132 AKL to KL on 26th November. My bid for an upgrade was accepted, so I was in Business Class on the 777-200. I only have praise for the crew, the food, the comfort and the whole experience. The seats are angle flat, but I was able to have at least 6 hours of sleep. I also used the Chef-on-Call option and the food I ordered was really good. Very attentive and friendly crew as well.