Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Select photo link to watch Malaysia Airlines cabin service videos

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by R Gonzaga    (Malaysia)

KUL-ADL return, out on 18 Oct and return on 25 Oct. Outbound flight was a red eye. On the outbound sector, service was generally good, albeit a little perfunctory by a male flight attendant who was occasionally a little rushed and gruff. Otherwise, the rest of the staff were great. In contrast to previous journeys, there was no rush to get the meal service over. There was a good choice of wine and spirits. Inflight entertainment was extensive but not to my liking, but that's a personal choice. They supply you with a duvet, pillows and a rather sad amenity bag which is embarrassingly cheap and tacky (apart from the creams and moisturizers). The seat is angled flat and is terrible for sleep. I am 183 cm tall and was constantly sliding down and ended up setting the chair at an armchair recline to try and get some sleep. The return flight was great, just 6 people in business class so there was lots of attention and the attendants were truly warm and friendly . They got it right in that they were unobtrusive but yet managed to keep their eye on your glass and plate, offering second helpings of food and topping up wine regularly. I used the book-the-cook service and my main meal of nasi lemak was just okay, nothing special. Bear in mind that nasi lemak out of Adelaide is not to be recommended! Generally, I was quite satisfied apart from the angled-flat seats. MAS, do something about these seats in your A330's!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Bazlee Matzain    (Australia)

Flew 18 Oct, MH127, KUL-PER. Got lucky by the airline upgrade program and sat on business class 1st row. Food was plentiful and entertainment system was full with many latest movies. Temperature in the cabin were a bit too low. The journey was smooth throughout but the landing was rough. The weather at airport was bad and with the pilot aborted landing at 1st attempt. Loud applause could be heard when the pilot landed the plane safely after 2nd attempt. As a frequent flyer, this was a memorable experience.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Danny Tang    (Malaysia)

Flew MAS on 1st September, Penang to Kuala Lumpur and then Kuala Lumpur to Kuching. Price was reasonable and cheaper than AirAsia, surprisingly. Check-in was alright. Food was nice. Only peanut and fruit juice were served on flight from Penang to KL, but I think it's sufficient for a short flight. Took only 25 minutes for the flight to fly from Penang to KL. I noticed they no longer produce their own peanut butter, it's now supplied by a Malaysian company unrelated to MAS. The only complaint on this flight was the extremely rough landing. Flight from KL to Kuching was nice. Flight attendants were nice. Choice of food was either frittata or nasi lemak. Frittata was not served hot, sadly, and the potato wedges were soggy. Besides that, I have no other complaints. MAS may be going through a difficult time, but it is coping well in my opinion. I'll definitely fly MAS again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Mark Niall    (Australia)

Flew MH31 IST to KLIA 11/10/14 then MH135 to BNE. Flights on time. Service and all crew excellent. Good food and beverage. This airline is really trying. We could not have had better or easier flights.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

SGN-KUL-SGN on 11-12 October 2014. There were very few passengers on the first flight (Boeing 737-800), 5 in business and approx. 15 in economy. Second flight were full in economy due to a large Malaysian sports team Service and FA in business was top notch in both directions! Special meal provided perfectly, food options available, wine-list, and champagne, though the flight lasts 2 hour only. Real business seats are in old, solid, heavily polstered style (reclining). IFE and headphones (though tiny) worked fine. Tables are small and not very stable. KUL Malaysia Airlines' Golden Lounge in KUL is airy, spacious, and very good. Space for approx. 250 pax, I slept there overnight in the Relaxation Room (4 beds), had shower, and local, hot food (some 3 dishes offered) MH is still bleeding as there is only very few persons in the lounge partly because of weekend. This airline deserves to survive with glamour and is on par with QR and EK.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by M Bartrock    (Australia)

Melbourne - Frankfurt (Return). The flights to Germany were actually quite good. Was in a Boeing 777-200 and while the plane was probably a little old, the seats were comfortable with good leg room and entertainment was fine. Flights ran on time and service was professional and attentive. I will say that that the fact that the flight was not full helped as I was able to get two seats to myself. With food, an important point to realise is that the food is usually made and loaded onto the plane at the departure point. So the Melbourne - KL food was good, but the food from KL to FRA was fairly ordinary. On the way back, FRA to KL was fine, but the KL to Melbourne flight was pretty bad. Service was poor and sloppy, food was dreadful, seats uncomfortable (expected given it was an airbus). It seemed to be more of a code share flight as most passengers were Sri Lanka Airlines and KLM passengers connecting to Melbourne. Would fly again, but choose my flights a bit more carefully next time. Not as good as it was about 18 months ago, but standards haven't fallen away that much. I left in September and came back in October, yet had the same entertainment program on outbound and inbound which wasn't too pleasing given long hauls involved.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Tan Kim Ming    (Malaysia)

Was on board MH2047, SDK-BKI on 17 Oct 2014. Was a 737-800, not a full flight. FA was great. Drinks was serve twince. IFE was so- so as not headphone was gived. USB Port was not in working condition. Flight took off and landed early. KKIA was like a dead town - peace and quiet.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Bailey    (Thailand)

BKK-KUL-SIN-KUL-SIN in Business. Great value for money. Service from check-in staff and on-board was just excellent.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by A Gautam    (Nepal)

KUL-KTM, 9 Oct, MH 114. Below average service from the FA and disgusting food. It took them an hour and a half after takeoff to serve meals and there was no turbulence to delay it. Platinum status not acknowledged as well as names not used at all by the unfriendly lead stewardess and her crew. It's a pity the way this once great airline is headed.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

SGN-KUL-SGN on 11-12 October 2014. There were very few passengers on the first flight (Boeing 737-800), 5 in business and approx. 15 in economy. Second flight were full in economy due to a large Malaysian sports team Service and FA in business was top notch in both directions! Special meal provided perfectly, food options available, wine-list, and champagne, though the flight lasts 1½hour only. Real business seats in old, solid style (reclining). IFE and headphones worked fine. Tables are small and not very stable. KUL Malaysia Airlines' Golden Satay Lounge in KUL is airy, spacious, and very good. Space for approx. 250 pax, I slept there overnight in the Relaxation Room (4 beds), had shower, and local, hot food (some 3 dishes offered) MH is still bleeding as there is only very few persons in the lounge partly because of weekend. This airline deserves to survive with glamour and is on par with QR and EK.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Noor Muzamil Mohamad    (Malaysia)

KUL-CDG (Paris) A380-800 Upper Deck (31 August 2014) LHR (London)-KUL A380-800 Upper Deck (7 September 2014). Very good service for both route. But a bit delay on arrival to Kuala Lumpur from London. Inflight entertainment should be upgraded.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Martin    (UK)

MAS is truly an airline that has lost its way. For long-haul they used to be a byword for comfort and good service, with their old 747s having a greater-than-average seat pitch. Since taking delivery of their A380s this has all changed for the worse. Seats are now as crammed-in as with almost all airlines but, worse still, are actually uncomfortable to sit on. Cabin service is far worse, with many staff appearing to wish they were anywhere but on duty with MAS. Meal quality is mediocre except for special meals that are generally good. Added to all this are very high fares and what I regularly find to be the worst and most unworkable website of all the airlines I have used in the electronic ticket age. "MH" is supposed to mean "Malaysian Hospitality" - but the Malaysian government might like to lean on this airline to make this a realistic claim if they really want people to visit Malaysia. Sorry MAS but you are a once-good now poor airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Bazlee Matzain    (Australia)

MH127 KUL-PER 3 Oct. The flight was full. No empty seats. Excellent service by flight crews. The crews looked tired but that didn't impact the overall service. Only setback was the cabin aircon was not working when boarding. The ground power supply wasn't working. The temperature in the cabin were too hot. The plane departed 15 minutes late. Otherwise overall service was excellent, will fly again on MH.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Niall Mark    (Australia)

10th Sept, MH134, BNE to KUL then 11th Sept, MH004, KUL to LHR. We fly annually with MAS to Europe. Earlier this month we flew BNE to LHR changing aircraft at KUL. Cabin crew were better than ever. On the A330 they now supply a slipover quilt which stops any sliding on the angled seat. Crew clearly worried about retrenchments in the current environment. Our flights were excellent in every way. I hope the public give MAS the support it deserves.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Shretha Sudhakar    (New Zealand)

We flew from KL to SYD earlier this week and were very disappointed with the staff. We checked in and were told we were being given a bassinet seat for our 10 month old, when we boarded we realised it wasn't a bassinet seat but was the second last row in the cabin. When we raised this with the flight attendants they were not helpful at all and said it was the "ground staff" that we had to talk to - this is after we had boarded. Eventually they decided to call the ground staff after all the passengers had boarded so they could sort it out. When we spoke to the ground staff we were told that we were given incorrect information and that we were supposed to check our seats (I don't know how we are meant to know where our seats are allocated). He said there wasn't anything they could do and that we had to sit at the seat without the bassinet for the 9-hour flight unless we asked whether anyone was willing to swap seats with us. They refused to talk to the passengers and find a seat for us. I will never be travelling with this airline again and was very disappointed with their service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by G Barclay    (UK)

My husband and I flew London - Phuket in September and returned in October. We thought both flights were great. The staff were really friendly and were more than happy to help with any issues we had. Had no complaints at all.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Alex Page    (UK)

Two flights from Amsterdam to Manila. First flight to Kuala Lumpur MH19. Flight was comfortable, staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was nice as far as plane food goes. Aircraft is getting a little old, but it didn't effect the comfort. Second connection flight was MH806. The plane was modern and comfortable. Food was okay and staff were friendly. Biggest compliment I could pay is how professional the staff are.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by L Thorpe    (UK)

I am a frequent flyer with Malaysian Airlines and have been loyal to them during this last year, but standards seem to be slowly declining. Yesterday I took the midday flight from London to KL. I declined a glass of wine with my lunch as it was too early in the day for me, but a few hours later I fancied a drink so I went to the back of the upper deck and requested one. The flight attendant was preparing soft drinks and refused me any alcohol. "It's finished" she snapped. Is this a new policy? Also, the air quality was noticeably poor. Maybe that's why the flight attendant was so grouchy.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Keith Rigg    (UK)

Used Malaysia Airlines to fly from Amsterdam to Denpasar return. The return flight was 2 hours late very little updated information from Kuala Lumpur. The food and the service was poor. The service compared with other airlines I flew before was nothing special. Very disappointed.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by P Khaira    (UK)

I flew from London to Kuala Lumpur in August, I have always flown MAS. Another great flight on time both ways. I only have praises for the very friendly and pleasant cabin crew. Drinks were served every hour and the food as fantastic. Inflight entertainment was great.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by David Whitby    (Australia)

I flew Brisbane to London via KL - return with Malaysian airlines and was more than happy with every aspect of the experience, both on the A330 and the A380. I look forward to flying with them again as soon as possible.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by H Davis    (Australia)

Just flew Adelaide/KL/Singapore with Malaysia Airlines and couldn't have been happier. Flights were great, friendly efficient staff, good meals and entertainment. With all the problems Malaysia Airlines have suffered this year, I hope they keep flying. We will certainly book with them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by D Michel    (Switzerland)

We did a Business Class flight from Frankfurt to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. The Chef-On Call service worked perfectly and the food was good in quality and taste. The staff were very friendly and always smiled. Each flight was operated with a Boeing 777-200. The seat were are good but not the newest ones. Unfortunately not fully flat when you want to sleep but still we could sleep about 8 hours non stop without disturbance and wake up relaxed. The onboard entertainment system is not the newest system anymore and did not offer a good range of movies. I have seen much betters in other airlines. But it worked without any issues. The service before the flight is great. All my requests were fulfilled and I received a reply on my emails within 12 hours usually.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by V Shriram    (Malaysia)

I regularly fly Malaysia Airlines and am usually pleased with their service but this time the abysmal service on my Bangalore-Kuala Lumpur flight needs reporting. I was placed on a seat in front of an exit row and was horrified to find the seat couldn't recline at all! To make matters worse the seat pitch was no different to some budget airline like Ryanair! Imagine being mashed up for 4 hours in a seat that wont recline while the seat in front of you is reclined all the way for 4 hours! By the end of the flight I was exhausted as it was so uncomfortable that I was unable to sleep squashed into the tiny seat with the TV screen mashed up to my face (meaning I couldn't watch anything without hurting my eyes). My back and neck still hurt even though it has been a day now. For those who are wondering, I bought a full service Class L economy ticket not one of the ultra cheap H or K tickets so at the very least I should not have been stuck in such a seat! From now on I shall fly Singapore Airlines to Bangalore even though it means that I have to transit in Changi.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Wong    (Australia)

Melbourne-KL-Bangkok return in economy. Flight from Melbourne to Kl was the 12.05 departure. A chicken roll with spicy relish was served as supper, and a breakfast of continental or nasi lemak was served prior to landing in KL. On the flight from Kl to Bangkok a chicken roll was served with a piece of cake. I would rate the food as average, there was nothing that stood out or was out standing. Staff were excellent and friendly, and meal service was very efficient. My request for a scotch and coke was fulfilled promptly. Toilets were kept clean at all times. Cabin announcements were kept to a minimum to allow sleep. Seats were comfortable for economy with ample leg room. Good choice of movies and TV shows. On the return flight from KL to Melbourne a dinner was served of curry chicken with salad and sticky date pudding. This was by far the best meal our of all the planes. Plane was an older model so seats didn't recline but luckily plane wasn't full so could stretch out. Breakfast was a very bland chicken roll, saw a lot of people have a bite and leave it aside. Service once again excellent. Overall a good experience, the fares were about $400 cheaper than Thai and almost the same as Air Asia. I have flown them many times and the service is always without fault. All flights were full or close to full and left and arrived on time.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Abdullah Basfar    (Malaysia)

KUL-JED-KUL, MH150 and MH151. It was a fantastic trip for me and my family. The cabin crew were very friendly and attentive. The food were delicious. The IFE also very good with many choices of movies. I will definitely fly with Malaysia Airlines again in the future.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Moore John    (Australia)

MH122 (SYD-KUL A330-300) MH758 (KUL-SGN B737-800) MH765 (REP-KUL B737-800) MH141 (KUL-SYD A330-300) Business Class August/September. Despite their travails over the past months Malaysia still rates with the best, the cabins were full both to KL and Saigon, only 5 pax (out of 16 seats) from Siem Reap and 17 pax (out of 42 to Sydney). Check-in was hassle free at all locations with lounge access after border protection and security (note MH now use the QF Business Class lounge at SYD rather than their own lounge down in the bowels of Kingsford Smith). There was no priority boarding at KUL or REP but once on board service was exemplary on all sectors with friendly and attentive crews, the exception was REP-KUL (2 flight attendants for 5 pax but no teamwork or co-operation, rapid meal service, CSM spent most of the flight reading his paper and no priority landing passes which meant almost 30 minutes to clear immigration at KUL - not good). Food and beverage was good with tasty meals, the satay is always a winner, and a good wine selection (interestingly wine wasn't offered with the 'lite meal' served before landing - dinner time - but available if requested, however they embarrassingly ran out of all white wine on the SYD-KUL sector). The standard of catering on the two short sectors was astonishingly good. My only complaint would be that the meals were rushed when a more leisurely pace would have suited the time of day.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Kuhan Kandiah Chelvanathan    (Malaysia)

Flew Malaysia Airlines recently on KUL-LHR-KUL on their flagship A380. Upper deck was a breeze and seats, food and IFE was on par with the likes of the competitors. Crew were friendly, pleasant and offered juice/drinks consistently every hour. Flight was slightly longer due to the new flight path which took longer than usual. The loads on KUL-LHR was 100% full and LHR-KUL was 90%. Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 was a breeze at LHR. Good flight and excellent crew like always. Keep up the positive spirit.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Zulkhairul Naim    (Malaysia)

Flew domestic route Kota Kinabalu - Kuala Lumpur return with B737-800 (90-95% passengers load) and international Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne with A330 (60-70 % passengers load). I would said positive points were smooth check in, on time flight, welcoming cabin crews and good legroom. But, I think MH needs some improvements with certain aspects if still want to stay in line with other legacy airlines such as SQ, CX, QR, EK. These are things such as: food services. For instance, for domestic 2.5 hr flight it is not reasonable to be served refreshments only. My meal from MEL-KUL was a tasteless nasi lemak. IFE was very good but would better if they have Malay subtitles for non Malay language movies. Otherwise satisfied with MH in general.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Muhammad Noor Fadzili    (Malaysia)

AKL-KUL-AKL (1 July and 18 July 2014) on the Boeing 777-200. The seats were very comfortable and the legroom was wide for an economy class. In terms of food, I prefer the one from KUL as it is catered by Brahim's instead of the food that was catered at AKL's catering. The screen of the IFE was a too small in the 777, I hardly enjoyed the movies and expected to have more choices. However, the audio on demand was up to date, they have the latest album of my favorite singers. Cabin crew was friendly and they provided a very good service to all passengers.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Juraj Kovac    (Czech Republic)

KUL-SIN Sunday noon departure. Online booking and check-in is easy enough, with an added bonus of being able to drop off bags at the City Air Terminal at KL Sentral before boarding the airport train. After that, it's a little disorganized. Boarding time is advertised far too early, making passengers wait half outside the gate area for a second security screening, and only then getting to wait with proper seating. The staff was OK, though none too friendly. They handed out peanuts and drinks, and that was it. I didn't mind choosing MH over similarly priced competition, nor was the trip in any way memorable. Average in general.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Lyon Goh    (Singapore)

BKK-KUL-SYD-KUL-BKK. For the first leg BKK-KUL, the flight was flown with a B737-800 and the leg room was comparable to a budget airline! Not quite what I expected! Food was just okay but it's just a short flight so nothing to complain about. The second leg KUL-SYD was excellent. Attentive and polite cabin crew for an overnight flight and the food was one of the best I've had. Flight arrived earlier than scheduled, which was commendable. The return flight SYD-KUL was quite full and the cabin crew seems a little short tempered. My request for water was being brushed away by 1 cabin crew, and the second cabin crew replied in a not so polite tone. I noticed that the crew was more friendly to non-Asians and I did not get a single smile from the 2 cabin crew that was tending to my row of seats. Food was great as usual but not the cabin crew. The last leg KUL-BKK was cancelled a few days before the flight and I was put to a flight the next morning, about 11 hours away from the original flight. I had to book a room at the transit hotel at KLIA to spend the night. No compensation was made, not even a free upgrade to Business Class. Again, cabin crew put on long faces. If given a chance, I would avoid flying with Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Casper Yap    (USA)

ICN-KUL, A330 code share with Korean 8/26. It has been many years since I traveled with MH, but considering the recent events I had no qualms about this trip. The price and flight schedules were right. Two FA seems sad and about to cry during the flight, for some reasons. The rest were fine and professional. Service and food were okay. Flight left and landed on time, luggage was present at the end of the trip. My section was 50-60% full, mainly locals. I would fly with them again, but will see how the recently announced cuts affect service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jenni Zaccaria    (Australia)

My husband flew from Perth to Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo to Los Angeles. When we got seated on the plane in Perth we had to use wipes to clean the surface in front of us and our tables as they were filthy. When we got seated on the plane at Kuala Lumpur we sat there for approximately in a hot plane without taking off for about thirty minutes, then advised there was a technical problem and they were waiting for an engineer. We then sat in the hot plane for about another half an hour and not even offered a drink of water. Passengers had to go into the service areas and ask the hostesses for a drink. I understand planes do have problems from time to time but to not even be offered a drink. After about another half an hour we had to get off this plane and get onto another one. On the flights to Tokyo and the following one to Los Angeles the meals were disgusting and we are not fussy eaters at all but couldn't eat the meals. Also on these flights the rubbish incurred by the passengers was not once collected. On the ten hour flight Tokyo to Los Angeles we did not get one cup of tea or coffee. Every time it was time for tea or coffee they said they couldn't serve it because of impending turbulence which we are still waiting for. We flew home from Rome to Perth with Emirates and experienced a lot of turbulence but still received our tea and coffee. We were a bit hesitant going with Malaysian Airlines after the disappearance of their aircraft but did think they would go out of their way and offer a very good service but not to be. We will never fly with them again because of the dirty, inedible food and shocking service on their flights.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Davis Lou    (UK)

Flew LHR-KL-LHR on the A380, economy section of upper deck on both legs. The seats are comfortable enough but leg- room is still somewhat restricted. The cabin crew were attentive, there were drinks brought around every hour during the flight. The food was standard airline fare but coming out of KL, there was little choice, it was 'spicy' or nothing - so I had nothing. Having said that, most other passengers seemed to find something to eat. The upper deck is a pleasant experience, it feels more spacious in economy because of the fewer number of seats. My main complaint would be the temperature, it was bitterly cold initially, with many passengers wrapped in blankets and coats. Surprisingly, there was no amenity pack of any description in economy.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Ashton Alexander    (USA)

KUL-LHR. Long 12 hour flight, was slightly delayed. Nothing but praise for Malaysian airlines. Fantastic crew who did their job to the best ability. The Inflight entertainment on the A380 is the best I have experienced, 200+ movies, how could anyone get bored on a flight like that? Food was good too.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by M Ismail    (Malaysia)

KUL-KCH, MH2520, 19 August 2014. KCH-KUL, MH2521, 22 August 2014. Outbound flight almost half empty seats. Overall experience from the food, IFE and crew services in term of friendliness is excellent. Inbound flight with less empty seats is similar to the outbound flight, with the exception of cold sandwiches that were served to the passengers, the overall experience is truly 5 star for 1.5 hour domestic flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Julie Irwin    (Austalia)

My partner and I flew from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney on August 21st. I found the food very ordinary and the Vegetable rolls are awful. I was so hungry after being awake all-night due to a child in the seat behind me continually kicking the back of my partners seat. The service is also average which is unfortunate. I spilt water all over me and looked for someone to help me, maybe grab me a towel or something. I waited until an attendant came into view. I waved to him and smiled to let him know I needed him. He stood there looking at me, then turned away. Totally ignored me. He eventually came. By the time he decided to come I had used the blanket to wipe up all the water. Not happy at all with service. I really would like to see airlines group families together a bit separate from adults traveling with no children and I feel it is really unfair to be kept awake all night and inconvenienced by badly behaved children. I can not see me flying Malaysia Airlines again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Costello Brendan    (Australia)

How standards have slipped on MAS! Flew Brisbane-KUL on 15/08 and was on MAS again after using a number of other airlines for frequent trips up to S.E.Asia. We were not able to get the seats we requested and ended up way down the back. IF entertainment was limited and not all advertised choices were available. The food was terrible with 'dinner' being a small strip pie, even the staff apologized when I questioned what they had served up to us. Breakfast was a little better. Drinks had to be requested and was limited to 2 serves only. Staff then retreated to their area and we're hardly seen for the rest of the flight. It is easy to see where MAS is heading, but sad to see what was once a great airline drop its standards so much.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Arvin    (USA)

KUL-CDG. A380 was good and flight was filled to the brim. I'm not a big fan of the hard seats but it wasn't hard to get a good night sleep. One of the 2 stewardess weren't very attentive and could have done better while the other one was fantastic. Food is great as usual and they offered drinks on several rounds. Check In is done via a kiosk now, so things are faster.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Bazlee Matzain    (Australia)

Flew FRA-MNL-FRA. First leg delayed (3 hrs) because they had to change an tyre. The seats are a bit hard and overused on the 777 but I choose them because of the 34 inch seats and legroom. The food was ok and the cabin crew very professional. Flight to and from MNL was in a new 737/800 and everything was ok. Flight back to FRA was on time, food and crew ok. It is now the 5th consecutive year that I have taken MAS. In future I will still choose MAS because of their service, legroom, good prices and the short stop in KUL.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Pandu Waskito    (Indonesia)

Flew CGK-KUL-CGK on MH710 and MH727 with their brand new B738. both flight departed and arrived on time. Flight service was great with courteous flight attendants and comfortable cabin. However, they seem to cut expenses by offering much smaller inflight meals but still okay for the 2-hour flight. The main highlight of the trip was check in facility in KLIA Express station at KL Central which is really efficient and convenient. I paid MYR 35 for 30-minutes train to KLIA and was able to check in and check my baggage there at the station. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Anwar    (Malaysia)

KUL-CDG-KUL seated on A380 upper deck for both legs. Both flights left on time. Service provided by FAs and ground staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. Never heard a rude word uttered or given any dirty looks as commented by some of the other reviewers. IFE was adequate and contained ample media to listen/read/watch. Late supper and breakfast were served hot on both flights and were quite tasty. Snack boxes were handed out mid flight with FAs serving drinks nearly every hour throughout the flight. Snacks and drinks were also readily available for selection in the rear galley area. On to the minor negative comments. Though there was plenty of legroom, our seats were very stiff and hard on this 388. Hard to sleep on for long haul flights, if you're even able to sleep at all. My previous flights on the MH 772s and 744s had much comfy-er seats than this plane. The seat back pockets and also additional window seat storage had food crumbs and dried "goo" and needed a good vacuum and wipe.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Ali McLeod    (Australia)

Just flown MEL-KUL-CDG in business class. 777 on first leg to KL then A380 to CDG and back then A330 from KL to Mel. 777 is spacious. Business class was pretty busy but economy was so quiet - this leg was a week after MH17. A380 is superb - I was in the front section on the upper deck both ways and it was so quiet. A330 is cramped and uncomfortable to sleep. IFE not the best and I am glad I flew in different months as the movies weren't the best. Food was pretty average but service was, as always, really good. That's always been the standout feature of Malaysian and in the face of everything that has happened their staff are still the most helpful in the skies.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Jack Spencer    (New Zealand)

I flew from Auckland to Kuala Lumpur then to Paris. All nice flights saved up for business class which was nice too. The staff were good. Food and entertainment were good. The seat was excellent. All in all a good flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Tarafino Pasquale    (Luxembourg)

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by J Zielinski    (Thailand)

MH 795, Aug 4th, HKT-KUL, 25F, MH 135, Aug 5th, KUL-BNE, 37F, MH 134, Aug 6th, BNE-KUL, 37F, MH 786, Aug 7th, KUL- HKT, 11A. Positives: Good IFE. Expected on long-haul, above par for regional flights. B738 and A333 both less than 2y old. On-time dep and arr. Food for Economy ok. Price USD 350 less than SIA and even better than most LCC. Good value for money. Negatives: KUL-BNE flight freezing cold cabin. Apprx 70% of passengers were shivering, wearing blankets and jackets. Asked to pls increase temperature. Nothing happened. One particular staff member argumentative, patronizing and confrontational. Took forever to get to speak to Cabin Manager but once he intervened, issue was sorted out amicably. Nevertheless caught a cold since this was 4hrs after initially addressing the issue. On MH 135, AirShow not working, window shades pulled down and no announcements made from cockpit. In light of recent events I find it rather insensitive of MAS not to understand the need to keep passengers informed. Upon request the clearly annoyed First Officer announced we were just passing Alice Springs. Cockpit crew really should communicate more with the cabin, especially if AirShow is INOP.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Robert Jan van Pelt    (Malaysia)

Flight from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately we experienced a delay while already in the plane because of high traffic at HK airport. The FA's immediately started distributing drinks and peanuts. The flight overall was a pleasant one with friendly and pro-active service and good food. I'm not a big fan of the 737-800, though. The older 777's that they also operate on this route are, in my view, much more comfortable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Sze-Ker Chew    (Malaysia)

KUL-TPE-KUL, outbound on 1st Aug 2014 and inbound on 5 Aug 2014. B737-800 were being used for both sectors, seat pitch was OK, IFE was excellent, food and beverages were great and the crew members were attentive and serve to perfection. Thumbs up for MAS!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by W Green    (New Zealand)

We all know this airline has had unfortunate problems, however this does not excuse the tardy service, well was it even service, on two sectors London to Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur to Auckland in July. For a 5 star airline both my wife and I were very disappointed. We flew the day after the Ukraine disaster, the cabin crew on both legs looked for want of a better word 'tired'. We were served very quickly on the London - KL leg, the cabin shut down and then left to our own devices. There was not a crew member to be found a couple of times that I wandered back to the galley. In fact there was not even any water or juice left out for us to help ourselves to nor was there, as with Cathay on our trip over a cabin attendant roughly every hour bringing water, juice and snacks around. The same happened on the KL Auckland flight. I also found the inflight entertainment disappointing especially on the second leg where the screen was not performing well nor would either my wife's or my hand piece retract into the seat arm. If this is 5 star service then it must only be in the front of the aircraft, or did we have an unfortunate couple of flights? I hope the latter!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Indranil Chakrabarty    (Australia)

MH is superb in the skies and lousy on the ground. SYD-KL-DEL. Excellent FAs and service. Planes neat and tidy. On the ground its a sad story. City offices in Delhi and Sydney seem to consider customers an unwelcome sight and an insufferable burden. Phone calls go unanswered and the ticketing agent in Sydney had a zonked look on her face and hustled me along. There are others waiting. Rude reservations staff in Sydney. in Delhi the doorman answered the phone after a good 2 minute wait to tell me everyone was out at lunch, and I should call later. The call made later were never answered. The next day an over enthusiastic officer who seemed to have been high on something returned my call and was raring to go. I will definitely fly MH and ask my friends to support the airline in these trying times, but MH need to get their act together landside.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Tapani Utunen    (Finland)

Several regional sectors SIN-KUL-DPS-KUL-SIN, KUL-SGN-KUL in Economy as well as KUL-BKK in Business July 2014 on their 737 and 777. All flights full, all flights on time and all flights from pleasant to excellent. MH offered two choices of hot meals with beverages on all flights (more options in Business), the food always tasty, their cabin service good to excellent and the aircraft in good condition. The 777's are clearly showing their age with dated IFE, but the 34-inch seat pitch is wonderful compared to the cramped 737's. Moreover, the generous 30 kg baggage allowance was one good reason for booking MH long haul as well as regional flights. Great value and good service all the way - will surely book MH in the future as well.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by James McIlwraith    (UK)

Flew 787-800 - Colombo to Kuala Lumpur - Return. Good airline with courteous staff. Flight was fine. I found the seats to be surprisingly uncomfortable which is unusual as I am normally happy sitting anywhere. Not a massive problem though as I dropped off to sleep anyway. The 787-800 is a great little aircraft so no problems there. MAS use it regularly around Asia on short haul flights. Great little workhorse. Would I say they were 5 star? Based on just on this trip no, however I would need to fly long haul to have a better opinion. I would recommend them and would fly again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Brian Rockell    (UK)

Flew LHR to KUL and on to BKK. LHR leg on MH3. A wonderful flight on spacious A380 upper deck, forward section, plenty of open space around seats, rather than pod like structures. Toilet was the only airline toilet I can comfortably fit in. Staff attentive and Captain announced there were 2 flight crews. Flight fully booked, and they were offering economy passengers €600 to travel on the later flight that day, interconnects taken care of, and a day hotel too. A great bargain. The check in desk told me the flight is always full. Lounge not wonderful though. Food just ok but cramped when carrying hand baggage and seats that do not move. Poor uk newspaper selection and none on the plane. Aircraft certainly recommended. Food on flight and wines really good. The entertainment system had a great screen but quirky interface. If you want in flight info, you have to use a mouse cursor, hard to see and imprecise whereas all other screens do not. The movies were not as up to date as some airlines but certainly plenty of choice and adequate. My wife's screen hung a couple of times but later reverted to where it left off. The staff were superb. Change at KUL was a shuttle train away and somewhat complex with plenty of walking and having been given no information on the plane, you were left to your own devices looking for info screens, the first a distance from getting off and with only an hour between flights, the luggage did not make it to BKK. An hour was a bare minimum gap between flights for me, let alone my luggage. There were no complications such as going through security, beyond a hand baggage X-ray at the gate. I guess unloading a plane the size of an A380 takes longer and priority luggage seemed not to help its passage. However, a Thai air rep approached us as at the baggage carousel in BKK so we did not have to wait until the last bag came off. We were told the luggage would follow 4 hours later and it was efficiently delivered to our hotel that evening, fully wrapped and sealed. The hotel knew the process so presumably commonplace. By comparison the leg to BKK felt dated and so small and we had another breakfast. This time the toilet was so small, I did not even attempt it. All in all, despite the snags detailed, I recommend Malaysia and especially the A380. It is very quiet, spacious and felt new (which of course it is).

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Debra Donald    (Australia)

Flew BNE-KL-BOM. A330 from BNE-KL - fairly empty flight. Staff were a little older, very pleasant. So much food. Seats were comfortable enough. It was a late PM flight so I was keen to sleep. I couldn't get comfortable on the lie flat bed - I felt like I was slipping down. I managed a few hours and then got woken up for a really early breakfast (again, lots of food). Plane was new and fresh. It was an old plane between KL/Mumbai - and delayed due to an electronics issue. It was like a domestic business seat. Not much space! From Mumbai - KL it was a 777-200 - much better with much more space! KL-BNE was A330 again. Pretty much the same experience except it was a daytime flight so ZERO chance of any sleep. Again, food was good and abundant. Won't fly them again, despite my good experience. I was pretty uptight on the flight home - watching us move past all the volcanic ash by flying right down the west coast of Australia (safety first).

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Lim Carolina    (Indonesia)

Jakarta-KL-Guangzhou on 22/07/2014 went smoothly. Cabin, food, and staff were good, average. On the way back we flew from Hong Kong to KL, morning flight at 8.45am. It was on time. Entered the cabin and was met by a very sullen, tired, and bored looking stewardess. Cabin looked filthy. Pillows were scattered on my seat and on the floor. Table had some sort of dried stain. The seat cover in front of us was dirty. Nothing babywipes couldn't wipe clean, so why didn't whoever was in charge of cleaning the cabin do so? A child tried to go to toilet while a stewardess was distributing food. Blocked by her cart, the boy waited for her to move. Immediately she barked, "Where do you want to go?" The boy looked surprised and pointed at the toilet behind her. She then moved the cart to the side a bit with a terribly bored look on her face and signed for the boy to squeeze through. Not even a smile, or the kindness and patience expected from FA. From KL we flew connecting flight to Jakarta. Aircraft looked old and tired. No IFE at all. We had IFE on the flight from Jakarta to KL two weeks before, but not today. It was a 1 hour and 45 mins flight, with nothing to do but eat and sleep. Needless to say, in the future, I will try my best to avoid this airline. The cheaper price doesn't justify their bad attitude.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by D Speer    (Singapore)

Flown from Singapore to Frankfurt with stop over in KL on July 20th. The flight was the most uncomfortable I have had for a long haul flight. The crews were not the happiest, the plane was old with the smallest screen I have seen with a small selection of movies. The seat was uncomfortable, run down toilets and dirty. I don't think I will fly MH again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by M H Lee    (Malaysia)

KUL-ICN-KUL, A330, economy. Overall, satisfied. Most of the crews were helpful and professional yet it seems like some crews need further improvement. In flight meals were quite good on both flights. IFE system was better than I expected. There was a wide range of music and movies. Comfortable seat with decent leg room for medium-haul flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Dulcie Lehtonen    (Australia)

3/7/2014, MH 134. 4/7/2014, MH 072. 14/7/2014, MH 433. 15/7/2014, MH 135. The food on the flight from Brisbane to KL was very disappointing, also the drink selection was very limited on all legs of our trip to Hong Kong. Overall the experience was fair.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by H Jayasinghe    (Australia)

Let me say that passengers who don't have infants and toddlers should not have these problems. We (my wife, my 2yr old son, and my 6 month old daughter) travelled to Asia from Australia. Everything went fairly well on our way from Australia to Malaysia. We were allowed 3 pieces of hand luggage and 4 pieces of main luggage. Almost all of our hand luggage was full of essential items. When we land in Malaysia for the transit and are about to board the connecting flight we were told that we cannot take 3 pieces of hand luggage onboard as its a smaller flight. We had paid for 3 seats and a bassinet. However after arguing with the ground staff for 10 minutes, they still would not let us take the last hand luggage in with us. When we got onboard, the flight wasn't full. To add to the misery, they had allocated seats for us in completely different places, leaving my 2 year old by himself, my wife in a completely different section by herself, and me with my 6 month old in another section! When I complained to the on-board crew, they said that they were unable to help, and that I'd have to speak to the passengers of the area where I wished to be seated, and swap seats with them. Our return flight wasn't the best either. No bassinet for the complete journey, although we had fully paid and confirmed a month ahead of our journey. The excuse was that there were 9 infants on board and only 5 bassinets. My poor wife had to hold our 6 month old for over 12 hours in a cramped seat! At one point, my 2 year old was getting unsettled, so I asked one of the stewardesses if they have any toys or kids activity books to keep my son occupied/entertained. She disappeared for about 15 minutes and came back with 4 packets of peanuts! Never again will I fly Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Hock    (UK)

Flew with MAS from LHR to SYD and back. First on A380 which was cosy, then on B747 which was old and dated. Seats were uncomfortable and staff were really rude. Nothing compared to SQ. Food was woeful and not enough cabin staff to serve. Won't fly with them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Hang Zhang    (Australia)

Perth - Kuala Lumpur - Beijong return, June 28, flew back July 12. Last minute upgrades to business class (Maximum 2 hours before flight, you can book for most flights if they have seats), at a 66% discount was well worth the money. My champagne glass was never empty, Head stewardess personally greeted me by name at the start of the flight, and thanked me for flying with Malaysia Airlines just before landing. Was asked whether I wanted to be woken for breakfast which I appreciated. Meals and entertainment was first Class. Could not sleep well on the angled flat seats but others slept fine. 22 hour layover in KL on way out, and 8 hours on way in. Airport Hotel for both layovers were given without having to ask.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by A Gautam    (Nepal)

KTM-KUL-MNL return. The cost cutting is evident and so is the total lack of service from the FA's. The 737-800 operated in all the sectors were fine so was the IFE. As soon as the sub standard meals were served the lights dimmed and the crew disappeared happy to chat and laugh out loud amongst themselves. For a 4 hrs 30 mins flight after the first hour I did not notice any crew before the captain announced it was time for touchdown. This appalling service is simply not acceptable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Yong    (Australia)

Flew SYD-KUL-SYD. We have flown MH a few times over the years. Sadly service levels have declined. The disposable covers on the pillows looked like they haven't been changed in months. They are meant to be white but were actually yellow. My daughters tray was dirty and all staff could say was 'that's not our issue, that's a cleaning issue so just complain when you get there'! Food was very average on both flights and much less food served than normal. My kids were very hungry. I do not recommend ordering children's meals. IFE was OK but could improve. Faulty headphones both flights. Seat did not recline on SYD/KUL flight. There were less cabin crew than usual and they were not very attentive. Definitely not on par with SQ or CX anymore. Only good thing were the seats which made for a comfortable flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by P Moran    (Lao PDR)

BKK (Bangkok)2 to SYD (Sydney) via KUL (Kuala Lumpur). Travelled on a whim as the flights were so cheap. Used to travel on MH a lot, 20 years ago and they used to be excellent. BKK to KUL on 737 had surly staff, a tiny croissant and no coffee. IFE guide featured latest Hollywood releases, but the system only had Bollywood movies. Seat was OK. Flight on time. KUL to SYD on A330 was only 30% capacity, yet the service was still very slow and not very friendly. No drink rounds were offered. Food was reasonable, but on the small side. Seat had plenty of room and many customers had 4 seats to lie on. SYD to KUL, 100% full, A330. Service was as good as the earlier virtually empty flight. Staff looked harried, as if they had to meet a deadline, yet they were so slow, One flight attendant looked as if she were about to cry. Food again reasonable. KUL to BKK on 737. Faster service and friendly staff. With very good fares and a 30kg baggage allowance, I will fly MH again, But they fall short on this run compared to Qantas or Emirates.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Gavin Ong    (Singapore)

SIN-KUL-NARITA (MH 610, MH 88). NARITA-KUL-SIN (MH 89, MH 607). I travelled solo for this return trip on 16 July and 26 July. Boarding was organized and smooth. Throughout my flights, the cabin maintained cool conditions, smelt great and it also helped that the seats were comfortable which allowed me to catch needful sleep, especially on my red-eye flight in MH 88. I must commend the cabin crew on my flights as they were nothing less than professional and friendly, ensuring I got what I wanted, although I noticed that one had to ask for beverages and they don't do rounds along the aisle to check on passengers during off-service times. The food wasn't the best I have tasted inflight but that was fine with me - had the Nasi Lemak on MH 88 and seafood pasta on MH 89. I wouldn't hesitate to travel on Malaysia Airlines again!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by Sarah King    (UK)

LHR-KUL-Bali and return. Part on A380. My husband and I fly long haul regularly with close family living in Australia. This is the first time we have flown Malaysian and sadly will be the last. I was led to believe they were a good quality airline, however the only positive I can say is the comfort of the seat with the fact they have a 34" pitch. Everything else was either satisfactory or poor. The food compared to other airlines was awful and the service wasn't much better. There didn't appear to be enough cabin crew to do what they needed, so when I dared to ask for another blanket because I'd spilt water on mine the stewardess was extremely rude to me stating she was too busy and I'd have to wait. When she did bring over she threw it at me and walked off! I don't expect to be treated like that when I had been nothing other than polite. It wasn't as if we had used the call button for anything else.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by M Fewster    (Australia)

KL to Chennai. Paris Malaysia air staff had effectively through booked us from KL to Chennai. Very smooth transit and luggage transferred for us. KL to Chennai and return economy class. Very efficient service. Food average. Just OK. IFE didn't work on return trip. Happy enough with flight at the price.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew Malaysian back from Bali to KL and then KL to London. Both flights good. Ground crew friendly. Food very good and air crew excellent apart from one rather surly chap who obviously thought my asking for my mid flight snack was a huge inconvenience for him! Both flights choc full despite all of the recent events. Seats terribly uncomfortable on the A380 and IFE too limited for an airline of this standard.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2014 by D Loganathan    (Australia)

I flew them in June. Unfortunately my travel experience was really bad. I say this mostly as the staff were unfriendly, unapproachable and disdainful. The food/entertainment/seat etc were all pretty standard although I thought it might be better than average. The rudeness of the flight attendants was sadly on each of the 4 flights I took - Melbourne-KL-Manila and return. I asked for water and eyes were rolled, I told them about the headphones not working and the lady argued with me. All staff appeared tired, flustered and not happy to be there.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Ellis    (Australia)

PER-KUL-AMS. Another great flight on Malaysian. Service great, food good, so glad they now give you mattresses for a better sleep. Only complaint - the IFE needs to be improved but who really remembers what they have watched.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Scholfield    (UK)

KUL-DPS, 737. DPS-KUL, 777. Very odd seat layout on the 777, 2x5x2 which I've never seen before. Sandwiches looked revolting both ways, didn't even unwrap them. Rudest stewardesses I've ever seen, surly, abrupt and when the people opposite me requested blankets they were practically thrown at them. I can only assume their long haul product is in a different league.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Kevin Ford    (Australia)

KUL to SYD on 777 Economy. I used to travel with MAS regularly and it was on a par with Singapore Airlines. Not anymore. The cost-cutting is palpable. No pre-dinner drinks. Only one cabin crew on each trolley. meaning it took forever to serve meals. Alternative meal ran out well before back of the plane (no choice for me). A simple chicken pastry for breakfast rather than a full hot meal. And the movie selection was dated with mainly B-grade or older films. I hope this once-great airline can trade back to profitability and restore its cabin service to something of which it can be proud. At least they still maintain a decent 34" seat pitch.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Mike Barrett    (New Zealand)

Flew economy from Auckland to KL and then onto London on 20 June, returned on 9/10 July. The 777-200s on the AKL to KL leg are in poor condition. Seat covers were worn, carpets dirty and stained, tray was cracked, and the LCD monitors had a poor picture quality. Cabin staff were quite terse with passengers and a few did not have a good command of English. I asked for a dark rum and coke. The stewardess started pouring a bacardi and lemonade. Advised her twice it was the wrong drink, but she ignored me. Passenger next to me asked for a can of lager and had to repeat himself three times before I pointed to a can of beer. Food was barely edible with undercooked chicken and stale rolls. KL to LHR leg on the new A380's was better. Planes are new and staff made an effort to be friendly. food was OK, but only 3 drinks offered on a 13 hour flight. passengers were constantly asking cabin crew for water to stop dehydration. Check in staff at AKL was rather chaotic and some leadership is required to deal with passengers with excess luggage, who were constantly holding up the queue. Disappointed that passengers relatives were wandering in and out of supposedly off limits check in area. Check in staff at London were terse and did not greet me with a hello or thank you. Only positives were cheap fares and planes all left on time. Sad to see a once top airline declining so badly.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Trevor Porter    (Australia)

We flew ADL-KUL-IST then CDG-KUL-ADL and we found MH to be very good. All flights were on time and the staff were very attentive coming around with drinks virtually every hour. The food served was quite good although the infamous MH chicken or mushroom roll was served on 2 legs and was just average. The aircraft's were all clean and modern so really no complaints at all.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Andjani Rasya    (Indonesia)

Flew CGK-KUL vv. Quite disappointed with MH meals nowadays. In CGK-KUL crew offered fish or chicken and I chose fish which taste so-so and it came with mori biscuit. No chocolate or a cup of water like they used to give. In KUL-CGK it was even worse, only a cold tuna sandwich which tasted horrible and orange pudding. But IFE was good, crew were attentive and cheerful and got sky interior on both sectors but I expected more for the meal.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Henk Huurnink    (New Zealand)

Flew twice on the Auckland-Kuala Lumpur leg and vice versa a few weeks later on their Boeing 777. The trips were on-time and their cabin crew was very efficient. Food was excellent, however the in-flight entertainment could use and upgrade to a newer model. Seat was fine, 2-5-2 layout worked well. All in all I enjoyed the trip and I would use them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by J Tydeman    (UK)

A good flight from LHR to KL on the upper deck of an A380. Bit of a mix-up over a bottle of champagne my sister had bought from the airline for us as when it arrived it was in a sealed bag with some other passengers' names on it. Catering very good, lots of drinks runs. In flight entertainment far too limited in choice for an airline with such a good reputation. Crew excellent. Seats no more comfortable than any other aircraft or airline despite my being led to believe the A380 is better.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by M Fewster    (Australia)

Flew Paris to KL on A380, business class, July 6 2014. Wonderful flight. Check in smooth. Flight ultra smooth and quiet. First time I have ever had a good nights sleep on any plane. Enjoyed dinner and breakfast. Tasty, fresh, plentiful and interesting. Wine of very good quality and generous with top ups and further requests during the flight. Staff knew us by name, friendly, prompt and helpful. Entertainment system brilliant once you got the hang of operating it. Again, staff were very helpful with this. Only gripe (and this was very minor, I could have done with a wider choice of films to my taste but I suspect that most travellers would have been happy with the choice. The toilets were spotless and bigger than many in the apartment we had in Paris, definitely the most spacious I have seen on a plane.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Horner    (New Zealand)

SIN-KUL (737-800) and KUL-AKL (777-200). As a One World Sapphire card holder I was entitled to use the MH Lounges in SIN and KUL. Both were dated and featured a limited selection of refreshments. Similarly, both aircraft cabins were tired and filthy - scuffed walls, carpets littered with crumbs, torn seat covers etc. IFE was ancient and featured only a limited selection of older movies. Two hot meals were served and to be fair they were decent for Economy. However, the crew did not offer refreshments in between meals, not even water. Indeed, both sets of crew I encountered were distant, sullen & at times downright rude. Prospective customers should be aware that MH is far from a 5 star airline these days. In fact, I would rank it towards the lower end of 3 star carriers. Would only consider MH again if the airfare was exceptionally cheap.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Tapani Utunen    (Finland)

HEL-FRA-KUL-SIN on 27th July on E90 (code-share with Flybe Nordic), B777 and B738. All flights were perfectly on time and the cabin crew was absolutely outstanding on the FRA-KUL leg that was half-empty. The B777 was not the newest on the market, but the generous 34-inch seat pitch as well as the outstanding service given by a very experienced MH cabin crew made the trip enjoyable. It was great to have a relaxed pre-lunch cocktail service just like in the old days, a tasty hot lunch, mid-flight sky snack as well as a full hot breakfast before landing at KUL with regular water rounds in the cabin during the night. MH still manages to give a five-star economy experience and we think it wasn't merely good luck. Keep up the great work!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Kuhan Kandiah    (Malaysia)

KUL to DPS and vice versa were operated by a B772. Although the C class felt outdated, the seats and the entire cabin was impeccable. Crew were friendly and extremely polite. Lounge at KUL is spacious and peaceful. More can be done to improve the premium classes and it's offerings. Professional crew and hats off to the entire crew on this flight for continuously smiling. The quality of the catering on MH has gone down and a lot is left to be desired.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Zulkhairul Naim    (Malaysia)

Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu. The positive point is only punctual operation. I was disappointed with the business class product. I don't understand the concept of using old 738 with no IFE. What do you expect passengers will do with no IFE on a 2.5 hr flight. The seat was fairly uncomfortable. The biggest let down was the food, the food served in business class was awful. Stewardess courteous but not attentive nor particular warm and friendly.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Mohd Mahadi    (UK)

Took a return flight from Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur a few weeks ago. Had a really great inflight experience. The flight attendants were extremely friendly and helpful. However, the inflight entertainment might require some improvements. Some of the movies that being classified as "latest" movies were apparently not. But still great movies. All in all, still looking forward to have MAS for my future trip.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by J Wood    (Australia)

Flew to Vietnam via KL for the first time with two kids aged 7 and 9. Ancient plane, so squashed, even the blankets in plastic and the cushions provided felt dirty and cheap. Crew gave nothing to the kids. Entertainment system barely works if you can work out how to get it out of its case. Food is terrible. Nothing kids would eat, no snack options like biscuits or cheese and crackers. Nothing I would eat! Why would you offer a curry at 7 in the morning on a flight to Melbourne full of Westerners. No alternative options were provided. We flew at night so everyone could sleep, but they kept waking us, turning lights on, serving food, pushing seats up when it's the middle of the night. Flight attendants nothing like on the ads, that's for sure! Would never fly them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Boehm    (Australia)

MH 3123 MIRI - BKI via Labuan. Boarding was easy. Seat comfortable. There was ample reading material. Snack was the packaged peanuts and juice. Staff were very efficient, Amazing they could do so much on so short a flight, after a short stop in Labuan a meal was served before landing on time in Kota Kinabalu Airport.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Boehm    (Australia)

MH1143, June 8 2014, PEN-KLIA. Boarding was easy. The seat was comfortable. Snack was peanuts. Juice was offered. The staff were excellent.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Boehm    (Australia)

MH 121, BKI-PER, June 11 2014. Boarding was easy. Seat comfortable. The food was awful. Those peanuts again. My worst ever on MH. I wasn't expecting that. Must have been the chefs day off. The cabin staff were excellent. Entertainment was ample.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Boehm    (Australia)

MH 2594, KLIA - MIRI . The flight left late owing to late arrival of previous flight. Boarding was easy. Seat comfortable. Food included peanuts and a delicious roti and curry. Choice of drinks. Staff very good. Entertainment was great.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Vig Mahalingam    (UK)

Flew from London to KL (A380) on 23rd May. Crew were excellent and friendly, as usual. Good food and inflight movies. Overall a great experience. The flight cost was rather steep paid circa £900 for economy. You could fly cheaper via SIA or via Emirates - although MH was direct. I frequently use Malaysian airlines but have never been upgraded and I wonder if they should start doing so, especially when the flights are not full.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by K Alex    (Malaysia)

Kuala Lumpur to Brisbane. New Airbus A330-300. Check in was fast and flawless. Very good information about the flight status before boarding. Boarding was greeted well. Flight attendants looks slightly old but alert. Legroom was good. The multimedia interface was excellent with wide variety of shows and movies. Food was good and filling. Very quiet flight even with many people. I would recommend this airlines for an enjoyable flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C Vince    (Australia)

MEL-KUL on A330. The seat was hard and not very comfy to sit for a longer period. Poor selection on IFE, service was decent and food was ok. Nothing really stands out, just your average decent airlines. Something for sure that it is not up to the standard of a 5-star airline like others. the service, food and IFE on MH is noticeably inferior compared to other legacy airlines i.e. Singapore and Cathay.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by May Lee    (Singapore)

KL- Hong Kong, June 1 2014. Decent flight, food fine, service great, inflight entertainment a big let down (movies and inflight mag).

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by T Mercer    (Australia)

Flew SYD-KUL-DEL-KUL-MEL. Like most of the reviews, I found that the cabin crew had no customer service and all seemed to hate their jobs. That being said, I found everything else great. The aircraft ( We had the A330, B737 and the B777 ) were great and all had personal entertainment screens. The entertainment on the international flights was excellent, and on the Kuala Lumpur - Delhi flights there wasn't as big of a selection but still good. I found the food great, and alcohol was complimentary on all flights. I would definitely fly MH again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Kg Lee    (Malaysia)

KL-Colombo, MH 184, May 15. Colombo-KL, MH 185, May 20. Business Class. Service was still top notch, friendly and warm. However, I can't really say the same for the food served. Not up to my expectations. The satay somehow, tasted bland, the sauce wasn't as good as before. Cutting costs?

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Calvin Chai    (Malaysia)

Flew from KUL to LGK on last week, first flight experience from KUL to LGK with MAS. The cabin was clean. The crew service was excellent, always responded to guests' requests. I have no comment on the foods and beverages on the flight as my flight was less than an hour and only entitled to refreshments. But as for my previous experience with MAS, the foods and beverages were moderately good. Boeing 737-800 with more leg room and reduced flight fatigues.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by H Suda    (India)

Flew Delhi - Kuala Lumpur - Narita on return flights, and on all 4 flights the crew service did not disappoint me. They were always up to see what passengers needed, encouraging refill of drinks whenever they were awake. On most flights they addressed me by name as Mr. xxxxx, without even reading from the list! A small thing like remembering passenger names could really make a positive impression about them. Though there seems many negative comments about seating comfort of B777, it had huge seat pitch (more than 70 inches) and could recline almost flat. Not full flat, but there was a slightly angled foot mattress placed behind the seat, where it could be adjusted toward leg-rest so that passengers won't slide due to angled flat seat. However, I had a problem with seats on newer A330s. They have narrower seat pitch, and their angled flat seats are uncomfortable to be honest. It is best if made in "2nd position" as indicated in seat adjustment buttons, where it gives deep reclined position but not angled flat. Also, seat adjustment panels are located in 2 locations, one towards aisle or window and can be easily found, and the other one hidden inside armrest! The one inside arm rest could choose the positions and can be adjusted manually, where as the other can only be adjusted to 3 positions. Ordered Chef-on- Call and was fine. Satay was great. At KL Golden Lounge, one should try out local noodles from the noodle bar. They are good! I would score 10 for overall experience, due to professional and welcoming service by cabin crew.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by G Tai    (Hong Kong)

HKG-DPS found promo tickets, business class seats are same price as Cathay Pacific economy. Travelled with them for the first time. Boeing 737-800 from HKG to KL is cramped for Biz class (similar to other airline's Premium Economy), service and food was good. The Malaysian Satay on the plane is great. Boeing 777-200 from KL to DPS was okay for a 3 hours flight, much more roomy than the 737. Lounge in KL is sub-par to other 5-Star airlines. Generally a good flight, but don't feel they are a 5-star airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by D Egginton    (Indonesia)

Flew 19/5 and returned 22/5 Denpasar to KL. Flight out on a 777-200, the flight being on time was the highlight. Have to say the meal service was the worst I have experienced. Staff appeared confused and missed a few rows out completely. The meal was down sized to a hot meal only. Return on a 737-800 again on time and easier to use entertainment. The first drink serviced arrived and we were offered either a chicken or egg sandwich. This was the meal service for this full service airline. On asking if I could have a beer with that I was informed that this was a non alcohol flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Mark Benton    (New Zealand)

Have to agree with Geoffrey Carver about the Boeing 777 that MAS still use. These belong in the scrapyard, with the seats not even meeting premium economy standards. How do Skytrax manage to maintain the 5-Star rating for the airline? Besides the cabin products looking old, tired and often shabby, the once fantastic cabin crew are now more often miserable, and certainly not focussed on customer service.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Steven Innes    (Australia)

KL to Beijing return, A330 each way. Outbound flight only half full, and being the redeye, there were plenty of empty rows in the center, so wife and kids slept nearly the whole way. I ended up wandering up to business, only about a third full, to chat with a friend I happily realised was aboard also and stayed about 4 hours, and the crew were fine with that. Tasty meal, kids pack and more than enough booze, thank you. Inbound flight was 6am, so very full, yet tasty breakfast and OK coffee, kids happy with the entertainment.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Geoffrey Carver    (UK)

KL to AKL and return. B777. Business class. I hate the 777 with a vengeance. It is uncomfortable, incredibly noisy and frankly outdated. Storage is poor.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Geoffrey Carver    (UK)

A380 LHR to KL and return. Business class. Our first trip in the 380 and very impressive too. Spacious comfortable. Good standard of catering. Cabin crew pleasant and obliging. Better than 747 by some distance. No hesitation in recommending.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by M Mackey    (Ireland)

My husband and myself flew DUB-LHR-KUL-AKL return in April / May. We had a lovely trip both ways with all flights on time. We were really impressed with the flight attendants as they did all they could to make our trip pleasant. We cannot understand some of the negative reviews as our experience of MAS was totally positive.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Penang to Kuala Lumpur, only a one hour flight and meal was very limited. The service was good though and the flight was quite punctual.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Kuala Kumpur to Osaka. A very pleasant flight. Courteous service and very good IFE. The late night snack was a bit paltry (small tuna roll) but the wine they served was very good. The breakfast was very enjoyable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by C Henderson    (Australia)

SYD-KUL-LHR Business class. First leg on nearly new A330 was excellent. I like the angled, lie flat seat, I seem to be able to sleep well. Food (call the chef service) was excellent and the drinks kept flowing. KUL to LHR on the A380, lovely aircraft and plenty of crew but the seat is awful. I find it very difficult to find a comfortable sitting position. Food OK on this service, nothing remarkable. The First Class lounge at KL is nothing special - despite the renovation. I had a long layover and was hoping to use a sleeping room, but they were all occupied at 4am (some occupied by staff!) so ended up checking into the excellent airside hotel for a three hour sleep.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2014 by T Terry    (Malaysia)

KL- Dubai - KL on A330 business class. The seat, cabin ambience, and food served was of good standard. Entertainment choices pretty limited for medium haul flight but don't bother me much since I am not a movie person. Crews were attentive and friendly on both sectors. Overall, it was good.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Vieira Manuel    (UK)

Used Malaysia Airlines to fly from London to Australia. The flights were on time and the leg to Kuala Lumpur in the A380 was very comfortable. The food was very average and the service too. This Airline is stated in this website as a 5 star airline, but I don't think is up to that standard. The service compared with other airlines I flew before was nothing special.