Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Select photo link to watch Malaysia Airlines cabin service videos

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by B Smith    (Australia)

We recently flew from KL to Brisbane on MH134. We have flown Malaysian several times both in economy and in business. Overall quite happy with the experience. The food is good, although the gluten free options available to my partner are very limited and need improvement. The chef on call service available to business and first class passengers finally seems to be up and running. The service from cabin staff is excellent and very attentive. One negative is the delayed departures from Kl. This was the second flight we have taken from Kl where the flight was significantly delayed.. Malaysian airlines need to improve on this. Also the inflight entertainment choices are only average. We will probably fly Malaysian again, although it will depend on price comparison with other airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Siddharth Vishwanathan    (India)

Mumbai to Perth with a stopover at KUL. By far the worst experience I've had. The flight in Mumbai was delayed by over 2 hours due to late arrival of incoming flight. Finally staff started boarding and let passengers into the gates. However everyone was stopped from boarding and were kept waiting at the aerobridge for more than 1.5 hours! There was little explanation with some staff talking amongst themselves about a technical problem. No one was allowed back into the terminal to use the toilets. Had to run at KL with hardly 10 mins to catch the connecting flight. Their seats are by far the most uncomfortable business class seats I've seen. The angular seats leave you with a terrible back ache. Never again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by A Hussein    (UK)

London Heathrow - Kuala Lumpur, 12 April on MH 003. The Malaysian airlines first class is not as impressive in comparison to other first class A380's out there on the market. It lacked style and good cabin ambience. It felt like MAS simply had to put a first class in for the sake of it and didn't really think through the idea. I've thought that MAS was the leading carrier in south east asia and hope that it will redesign its first class cabin. It such a shame with an amazing aircraft like the A380 that the first class product is simply mediocre.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by D Gardette    (Australia)

Flew from Perth to Paris on Friday 11th April. A fantastic experience. Could not complain on a single element. The food in economy was plentiful and extremely tasty and well presented with a lovely drink service too. Snacks and refreshments offered during the 13 hour flight KL to Paris. In flight entertainment was adequate, not the best I've had but certainly enough choice. Flew KL to Paris on a new A380. Plenty of leg room (I'm 6ft 2) but I did have the bonus of the small upstairs economy cabin. All up, highly recommend and a bargain for the price you pay!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by M Temme    (UK)

I have travelled frequently with MAS between London and KL for the past 4 years. Throughout this time I have also travelled the same route with Singapore Airlines but had generally chosen MAS as they fly direct. The general standard over the past 4 years on this flight has been consistently anything but pleasant. The standard of food is what you would generally expect in an economy cabin, albeit served differently. The cabin staff are unwilling to serve anything alcoholic prior to departure, I have tested this on every occasion I have flown. The seats fail to recline fully, every time I point this out to the cabin staff ends with the same unsuccessful trial and error approach to rectification, despite knowing that this is how they have been designed. On my last sojourn I wished to sit next to a colleague. The flight was fully booked but despite this the check in staff provided me with a boarding pass that was next to my colleague. Shortly after boarding another passenger approach with a boarding pass which had also been issued for the same seat. The flights are consistently delayed. My last 3 flights have been delayed by 3, 10 and 2 hours consecutively. As MAS are the only carrier to fly direct from London to KL, the cost of the flight is considerably more expensive more than flying with other airlines that are not able to fly direct. My last journey was the one that finally broke me, in the future I will choose to fly via an indirect route as I can't tolerate the consistent level of service provided by MAS any longer.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by A Ismail    (UK)

LHR-KUL return on A380. Checked in was fast and hassle free especially in Kuala Lumpur. Was very surprised at the service in Economy Class. I travelled long hauls about 10x a year with various airlines (mostly Etihad). Crew were very efficient, serving meals within 40 minutes of take off in a full cabin! However, surprised by lack of choice. Plastic cutlery which is not very premium like. Plenty of drinks and crew answers call very fast indeed. Despite a busy flight, the lavatories were cleaned frequently. The most by any airlines I've flown with so far. The crew were hard working and professional, smiling and they interacted well with passengers. Its the small details that makes this crew the best I've flown with. Some might not like it but at least doesn't feel robotic. TV screens were big and selection of movies were good enough. Headsets were ok. Definitely the highlight is the crew, not even the A380 size could beat it. If only the prices were more affordable and the Frequent Flyer programme were better, I'd be using this at least 3x a year!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Dean Garnett    (Australia)

Flew A330-300 Brisbane to KL and then A380 KL to London return. Second trip in less than 12 months flying Malaysia and once again could not fault the cabin crew and level of service. Seats on A330 angled/flat but managed to get some sleep and A380 seat pretty much flat and ok comfort wise. Only real complaint is that less than 12 months could not believe how the standard of meals had dropped. Ordered via chef on call and worked out ok but most meals I just picked at as were terrible. Very disappointed as were restaurant standard on last flight 11 months ago.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Richard Dart    (UK)

LHR-KUL-BKK and return. MAS A380 is an excellent product, whilst the seats are not individual 2-2-2 formation, they are comfortable and great when travelling with a colleague/partner. Flight attendants very friendly, service excellent, chef-on-call meals worked fine and wasn't too bad for plane food. Seats comfortable for sitting/relaxing and sleeping. would recommend rows 7,8 or 9 on the upper deck for a more private cabin. KUL-BKK on a very new 737-800. Again all excellent. All flights bang on time in both departure and arrival. Before we booked the flight we done a lot of research and at GPB 1,739 return, this really is a great product for the price and really knocks the socks other airlines with there individual business class "cabins". MAS is circa 1,000 cheaper and I can safely say i would have no hesitation in booking with them again. Great product for a great price.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Jamaludin    (Malaysia)

DPS-KUL, B777, Economy class. Flight delayed 30 minutes and no information on the delay. Cabin interior looked very tired. Food was really awful and service was slow. Cabin crew looked unhappy and surly. Please avoid the airline unless the fare is extremely low.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Tan Kim Ming    (Malaysia)

I flew Malaysia Airlines sub MasWings from LBU-SDK via BKI on 31st March 2014. Check in at LBU was longer than normal as the staff member couldn't seem to get my booking for my BKI-SDK flight and I had to give him my booking details. MH3938 from LBU-BKI left on time and landed early. MH3104 from BKI-SDK left and landed on time. My baggage was out under 10 mins. The only let down was, we were given a pack of peanut and no IE. Drinks came with some options. Overall, good job from me.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by T Nusbaum    (Malaysia)

MH711, March 8 2014. Flew from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta recently. Flight was okay overall, but it was not without its unpleasant moments. One of the lavatories at the back of the plane was out. As a result, quite a large line formed after the food service. While I normally do not use the front lavatories as I know those are for Business or First class, I assumed given the circumstances it was justified. What followed was a very ugly scene with the flight attendant who accused me of lying about the lavatory being out of order. We argued for quite some time as well as while she called to confirm. Only then would she let me use the restroom. I didn't appreciate being treated like a small child. I think it is highly unlikely that the lavatory broke mid-flight which means Malaysia Airlines undertook the flight knowing it was a toilet short of what it needed on a full flight.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by John Murray    (UK)

My wife and I travelled from Heathrow to Auckland and back with MA, in business class. Firstly, the food was excellent (my wife had a steak which she confirmed was better than any she had eaten in a New Zealand restaurant). Food and snacks just kept on coming! With the exception of the KL - Auck leg (777-200) the planes were in good condition and most comfortable. Unfortunately the 777-200 doesn't have fully flat beds and for us, it was uncomfortable as one seemed to slip to the bottom of the seat as soon as one fell asleep (as mentioned by many others here). The A380 is great! We liked the lounge at KL and at Auckland although the Heathrow lounge is not quite as good. Massages were available in the lounge at KL but we felt they were a tad too expensive so didn't avail ourselves of the opportunity. I would definitely use MA again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by A Jackson    (UK)

AMS-KUL-SIN and KUL-AMS. Really disappointed would sum up my feelings. It was my first experience of MH, we usually fly SQ for our trips to the Far East. Dirty old looking plane that looked like it hadn't had a deep clean in years. Very old entertainment system which seemed to go faulty throughout the flight to the annoyance of passengers and indifference of crew. Outbound the crew seemed completely disinterested, disappearing for hours after serving lunch, much more friendly and professional crew on return trip but same stale hard product, filthy toilets, dirty worn out seats (arm rest came apart and seat would not remain upright). Food and beverages decidedly average with no choice on two of the four meals we had. Would only fly again as a very last resort.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by M Brooks    (UK)

MH003 and 135 on 10th Feb. Returned 13th March on MH134 and MH004. Flight from Heathrow to Brisbane. Poor quality food. Staff reluctant to offer extra beverages especially on the outward leg from Heathrow to KL.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by K Simpson    (UK)

Having completed 4 long haul flights I found MH to offer good value for money, all flights operated on time, the food and wine was of an acceptable standard, the entertainment has greatly improved especially on the A380, they need to upgrade the B777 to the A380 level. Cabin crew were excellent. We travelled MH003/11 Feb, LHR-KUL, MH141/12 Feb, KUL-SYD and MH130/16 Mar, AKL-KUL, MH004/18 Mar, KUL-LHR. We took advantage of an upgrade offer on the AKL-KUL flight for a small fee, We noted that the food service was poor for business class eg only 1 dessert choice and no cheese selection.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by J Hodgkinson    (Australia)

My last flight with MH was October 2013 from Melbourne to Istanbul and back. Cabin crew were brilliant, all done with a smile and the food was good. Would definitely travel with Malaysian again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Tan Kim Ming    (Malaysia)

I flew with MAS sub MASWINGS from Sandakan to Labuan via Kota Kinabalu on 24 March 2014. My 1st flight MH 3094 was delayed and they put me on the next available flight MH 3037. I was able to catch my connecting flight on time. Both flights were on ATR 72.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by P Khaira    (UK)

I travelled from LHR-PER stopped over in KL on my return. Travelled on A380 the seats, food, service and comfort were incredible. The inflight entertainment had a good variety of films. Cabin crew were courteous and friendly. I only have praise for Malaysia Airlines.