Malaysia Airlines Customer Reviews and Malaysia Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Select photo link to watch Malaysia Airlines cabin service videos

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Woon Ws    (Singapore)

SIN-KUL-HKG on MH602 and MH72, 16 January 2015. Paid to upgrade to Business Class through their MHUpgrade programme, as I've never flown Business before and the prices were irresistible. It was rather worth it. Their Golden Lounge in Changi Terminal 2 was small but cosy and had a decent selection of food (could be improved, but maybe it's breakfast). The SIN-KUL leg was on an old (leased) 738 so there was no IFE and the Business Class seat was nothing remarkable. Service was good however, and they provided some bread for breakfast (early morning flight, in fact the earliest possible for SIN-KUL) compared to peanuts for economy class. Golden Lounge in KLIA was better: bigger, wider selection of food, many comfortable rest areas and comes with a view, though it was also quite crowded. Due to short connecting time, I did not spend much time in the lounge. KUL-HKG leg was on their 772, which is of some age but the Business class was still well-maintained. Caveat: this being my first time flying Business, I have no basis for comparison with other airlines' products. Leg room was excellent, seat comfort was good. While the seat is not lie-flat but inclined (angled-flat), I was still able to snooze well for a bit and it was still quite comfortable. Service was great: many flight attendants for Business Class, and with low occupancy in Business each passenger received good attention and treatment. They addressed each of us by name, and were forthcoming with serving food, drinks and newspapers. Flight attendants were very friendly (chatty too) and helpful with my requests. Ordered food via Chef on Call and the steak I ordered was great. Unfortunately I was so full from the meal that I did not finish my dessert. My main quibble would be the IFE, which is rather antiquated and has rather limited offerings compared to its newer planes and other airlines. Overall, for short or medium- haul flights I'd definitely consider MH again, especially given how competitive their pricing is nowadays.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Talamo Nigel    (UK)

This airline offers a good route network and since it is part of One World, I decided to try it out. I took 2 flights, CGK to KUL and KUL LHR. Both flights in economy. The staff both on the ground and in the air are charming and efficient. The seats are just OK. The food good. The entertainment system (on the A380) was frustrating to use because the software is inferior to other airlines A380 entertainment systems. However quality of sound and pictures was fine. So far so good. My only issue and one which would make me only use Malaysian as a last resort is the cleanliness of the aircraft. The seats, trays, magazine pockets, magazines, windows were all grubby and could do with a good deep clean. The carpets on both flights looked tatty. There were cobwebs between the window panes. The worse thing was the toilets on the 380. I tried 4 of them and all filthy. I am sorry to say that this doesn't meet the standards of other One World carriers or Skytrax 5 star airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Woon Ws    (Singapore)

HKG-KUL-SIN on MH73 and MH607, 19 January 2015. Did not pay to upgrade to Business Class, so I flew this return leg on Economy. Still quite worth it (the price was comparable to budget airlines) overall. Just one day before my flight, they sent an SMS to tell me that my earlier flight MH449 (on a B738) got cancelled and put me on MH73 (on a B772) scheduled 40 minutes later. Apparently MH449 often gets cancelled, probably due to low occupancy. The flight on MH73 was not full too, which does indicate much spare capacity on this leg. The B772 I flew for HKG-KUL was of some age, evident in the seat design and IFE. Leg room was supposed to be 34 inches (on newer planes it's 30-32 inches), though the difference didn't seem significant. That said, I had quite enough space (for someone 1.76m tall) so maybe I'd feel the difference when flying long-haul. I appreciated the 2-5-2 seating arrangement as I like the window seat but hate clamouring over many people to go to the toilet. In any case, because the flight was not full, my neighbour went somewhere else to snooze. The IFE box under the window seat is rather annoying however. IFE was old (small blurry screen) and the selection was limited. The food served was quite decent, especially main course and dessert. The salad was weird though, an attempt at Asian-style coleslaw that failed miserably. Service would be my major quibble on top of IFE. Flight attendants did their job, but they seemed less warm than compared to my experiences in Business Class on the onward journey to HKG. I found it weird that passengers had to help themselves to the drinks (attendant holds out the whole tray of drinks to you, and you take whichever you fancy) instead of the attendant passing the drink to the passenger (which is the case on most flights I've flown). Attendants were occasionally unsmiling or fierce, and sometimes their smile seems a bit forced. Thankfully my HKG-KUL leg landed on time because I had a very tight connection to KUL-SIN (thankfully baggage arrived on time too). For the short HKG-KUL leg, only peanuts were served. It was a newer 738 so the seats looked fresh and the IFE quality was excellent (not that you use it much on such a short flight). Overall, their Economy Class definitely pales in comparison to its full-service competitors, but the prices are so competitive that lower expectations are deserved. I'd still consider flying MH in Economy next time, especially if the price is right.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by K Simpson    (UK)

MH001, 15 Jan, LHR-KUL in economy class, upper deck seating, check in at Heathrow was fast and efficient. On board crew were very pleasant offering plenty of water and juice runs, the food was better than my previous flights last year. MH149, 19 Jan, KUL-MEL in business class on on old B777, even though this aircraft is old it was clean and in good condition. The crew were good but clearly have no knowledge of wines or how and when to serve them, in business class you expect good service and knowledge of what they are providing (this was not 5 star service).

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by J Dolmatova    (Malaysia)

My wife and I are Platinum One World frequent flyers. We flew from Sydney to KL on MH122 on the 20th of January in business class with our son in business class. The plane was one of the oldest I have ever flown on. The staff were not welcoming and proceeded to talk the entire flight loudly in the galley. The toilets were flooded and dirty yet no effort was made to clean them. The entire crew attitude was unhelpful and a poor reflection on Malaysians who are typically very warm and welcoming. This was the worst business class flight I have experienced.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by N Sutherland    (UK)

MNL-KUL-LHR, Economy. Pretty slow and inefficient check-in in MNL with all the construction work in T1. Flight was 30 mins late in departing but they made up most of that on the journey. Excellent transit in KUL with transit security located at the gate which I always prefer. Cabin service on both flights was nothing special and the food was disappointing. Breakfast on the London flight was inedible after a 10 hours flying. Very small passenger numbers on the A380 gave most passengers a whole row to stretch out, which was great on a 13hr+ flight. IFE was OK, but not as good as the competition. I don't usually like 13hr flights but the space on Malaysian made it a great way to get to Europe and bang on time getting into LHR.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Obyrne Paul    (Ireland)

I flew Malaysian Airlines for the first time, in business class, from London to Kuala Lumpur on Christmas Eve. The plane was an A380 and the seat was comfortable. The cabin crew in business were the most unfriendly team I have encountered in the sky. When asked why the standard pre-flight drink of bubbly was not available, a cabin staff member said that this was due to customs regulations. Red wine, with the main meal, was served cold. While the facility to pre-order meals is a positive feature, business class, with this airline, is poor value compared to that available from other carriers flying between Ireland/UK and South East Asia.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by C Blanchard    (Germany)

My partner and I had mixed experiences flying from Frankfurt to Auckland and back in the last month. We chose Malaysia Airlines because of price, short connection times, and the extra baggage allowance. The flights to NZ were not bad: food was better than expected and service very pleasant too. We had a less than positive experience on our return flights. On the plus side, when we noticed that the plane was half empty on the AKL-KL leg and we asked to move to seats with more leg room, our request was granted. This made for a very comfortable and pleasant flight. However, our second return flight was delayed in KL for some time, so we were exhausted and severely sleep deprived by the time the flight finally got clearance to take off. The plane was very full and it was an older plane with rather an incredibly noisy engine and rather tired seats - not in the best condition. Both of our entertainment units were not working properly so we couldn't watch movies, and the staff seemed too busy and stressed too help. The fish we were served was too spicy to eat (and we are used to eating fairly hot curries and Indian food), and later we were offered 'spicy prawns' for breakfast - no thanks! We would be very unlikely to fly with Malaysia Airlines again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by G Arya    (India)

The ratings posted here are the ratings I've flown on more frequently on the B777-200 from Mumbai to Kuala Lumpur. The aircraft had a clean and tidy cabin and all seats have a different colour. Toilets were hygienic enough. The staff service is terrible because they don't respond at all! The seats were comfortable enough that I was able to sleep well on the seat. The Indian food they catered was warm and delicious but their items are always exactly the same every time I've flown on the same flight. The entertainment system is really pathetic in terms of the screen quality, it is so small and unclear that it could possibly strain one's eyes badly, and the touch screen is also very unresponsive. I've flown on another Malaysian airline flight from Hyderabad to KL in brand new B737-800. That was a very good flight with nice IFE and it had it had USB slot luckily as my phone battery was dead.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Bunney    (Australia)

I flew from Cairns to Phuket with Qantas and Malaysia Airlines. On way via Darwin, return via Sydney. Airfare was cheapest around. I booked 2 days before I left which was during the Xmas/New Year period. I was very impressed all around. Airfares, Staff, comfort, punctuality, special order vegetarian meal. I did have a 6 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur both ways, which was really enjoyable. I took the train to the city and went on the Hop on/off Tourist bus, which was great value. I felt safe, locals were friendly and English was spoken everywhere. I will fly with them again if the price is right.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Victor    (UK)

Flew AMS-KUL on MH19, on what was a very old cabin and seat (777-200). Cabin crew were not at all welcoming on boarding the plane and this just set the scene for the whole flight. The seat is an angle lie flat, very uncomfortable and not a seat I have used in about 10 years of flying in business. Also wasn't offered a mattress for the seat. The TV screen was small and low resolution, the headphones cheap plastic, not noise cancelling, and with a poor connection which affected the sound quality. Food was ok, however the nasi lemak for breakfast came with a watery curry sauce and was poorly presented. My biggest gripe is reserved for the cabin crew who seemed to want to do the minimum possible, they offered the minimum of drink services, the seat belt sign was kept on for almost the entire flight meaning they refused to make hot drinks although apart from this restriction all the passengers and crews seemed to ignore the seat belt sign and walked about as normal. Yes I know its the flight deck that switches the sign on, however the flight had next to no turbulence. Overall, this was the worst business class flight I have ever been on. Their competition is supposed to be Cathay/Singapore/Emirates, but they came nowhere near those airlines.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Canty    (Australia)

KL to MEL, 4th Jan. Flight was 45 mins late leaving but these things happen. Crew were very attentive throughout the flight. They really couldn't do enough for you. Meals were quite good and the drinks flowed freely. Water was constantly topped up and always done with a smile. We have flown MAS quite a lot in the last few years and never had any complaints. It is the crew that contributes to a pleasant flight and this crew was no exception. We traveled on the A330-300 and the seats are not so comfortable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Carmody    (Australia)

KUL-PER the trip was very comfortable on an otherwise fully filled flight. We enjoyed not being squashed into a budget airline. We looked forward to our meals, but my wife found the choice of a spicy chicken curry or fish to not be much of a choice. She chose the chicken and found it too hot to be edible. Surely on a route that has many non Malaysians flying on it a non spicy, non fish meal could be offered. I ordered a vegetarian, but was disappointed to find it mainly to be pasta and mushrooms. The gate check-in in KL was unbelievably slow, close to 90 minutes to check everyone in.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Zulkhairul Naim    (UK)

17 Dec, MH 1140, KUL-PEN. MH 1167, PEN-KUL. Both flights were on time. They are using the B738 with new Boeing interior. I was very happy with the MH service for a 45 minute flight. Flight from KUL-PEN was full, but cabin crew managed it professionally. Will flying again with this airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by X Leo    (Singapore)

Very good first experience on MAS, SIN-KUL-KIX on economy and return on business. Check-in at SIN was fast, hassle-free and baggage was released timely at KIX airport. It was an overnight flight on New Year's Eve and clock struck 12 a while after take off so pilot wished us a Happy New Year and we happened to be able to see fireworks in the distance from our windows. Refreshments (a tuna croissant and drinks) were served about 45 mins after take off, shortly after cabin lights were dimmed for pax sleeping. Lights gradually turned on (instead of a flick - from total darkness to instant brightness) and breakfast served 1.5hrs before landing. Took the Nasi Lemak set and it tasted pretty good. Check-in at KIX was done really swiftly (less than 10 minutes), staff was courteous and welcoming. Did not get to use the lounge as I was running late. Seats reclined comfortably, duvet was soft and comfortable. Drinks and nuts served before flight took off. Food commenced shortly after flight took off. Appetizer was Beef and Chicken satay, too much sauce for me but delicious nonetheless. Next up was the soba + mini sandwiches + smoked salmon/chicken breast appetizer. Main course was beef tenderloin. Dessert (I requested for it to be served 2hrs before landing) was a slice of pie/cake with blueberry sauce. I had a good rest on the 8hrs flight to KUL. Flight attendants were attentive and smiley. Would definitely fly MAS again if I have the chance.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by G Marsh    (UK)

KUL-LHR. Overnight flight which was very comfortable. The cabin supervisor made a point of greeting everyone by name and introducing himself to everyone. The cabin crew were very attentive and friendly. Meals were served in a timely fashion and bottled water offered throughout the flight. Announcement that no hot drinks would be served which seems a common theme on these flights with the exception of Breakfast coffee which was served in a nice big mug. Standard of catering good. Seat comfort good and I managed to get a few decent hours of sleep on the flat bed although there is a distinct lack of privacy with the configuration of the seats. Well crewed in business class who were all very cheerful and friendly with four cabin crew to 18 passengers. I would definitely fly with Malaysia again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Sembiring    (Indonesia)

I flew CGK-KUL-PEN vv. When I was waiting for the CGK-KUL flight, MH send an sms which they informed that my KUl- PEN flight would be delayed for 2 hours. Later the captain informs the reason of the delay and apologize. The sandwich served between CGK-KUL was fine. One of the male crew was rude and never smiled at all. The others were fine. All aircraft was new 737 with sky interior except for PEN-KUL flight which is an old 737. Overall MH is fine.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by V Lim    (Philippines)

MNL-KL-CDG, Dec. 20, 2014 and returned Jan. 4, 2015. The trip to Paris was delayed from Manila and we were concerned that we might either miss the flight to Paris or our baggage might get delayed. Luckily this didn't happen. We also had chef on call meals which was a good option. The flight from KL-CDG used the A380 and it was a good experience for us overall. However, on the return flight we tried to request the meal via email but their office was closed since they only work Monday to Friday Malaysian time. We asked at check-in but it was too late. No amenities onboard - when I asked the staff they said they were forgotten by the airline. We arrived into KL with about an hour to spare before the next flight (this was meant to be a 2 hour layover) but when we arrived in Manila our luggage was not with us. The plane from KL to Manila was old and dirty.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Canty    (Australia)

KL to Melb. 4th Jan. Flight delayed by 45 mins but these things happen. The staff were very attentive and happy going about their job. Meals were of quite a good standard and the drinks flowed freely. Water was topped up on a regular basis and always done with a smile. Have travelled with MAS quite a lot over the last few years and never had any problems, they are a great airline and would not hesitate to use them in the future. We did travel on the A330-300 and I find the seats quite uncomfortable, 777 seats are a lot more comfortable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by V Lim    (Philippines)

Flew KL-CDG with their A-380. On the flight to Paris the trip was mostly good. Staff were good with their service. Seat lie flat but a bit hard on the back. Lower feet portion has no problem. Food was ok, Inflight entertainment was good. However on our return flight, the toiletries is missing. Slippers were not given. Staff were attentive to our needs but you can see that quality of service is not there. Toilets are not being cleaned so you go in with wet floors. Some of the toilets are closed because the flush is not working. Not your typical business class service and comfort. So much lacking on this Airline.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by D Tong    (Indonesia)

Ho Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur on December 29, 2014. The only 4 check-in counters open and I had to wait approx. 45 mins although only about 10 people queuing. The flight used a B737-800 and the crew were good. The magazines and newspapers were in a bad shape. The food were good (didn't get any options since they were running out of food). The luggage took another 45 minutes to come out.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Wouter Glaser    (The Netherlands)

Very nice trip with MAS. First trip ever with them. First economy onward journey AMS-KUL-DPS and Business return. In a very empty business class (4 out of 30 seats were occupied) we travelled with a 6 month very comfortably. Staff was nice and accommodating. Only con was the food, we are vegetarians and they catered for religious vegetarians. Well cannot blame them as it is difficult to cater for us. The trip went very well, lounge access, priority baggage handling. Will definitely fly again with MAS.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Andrew Maile    (Indonesia)

LHR-KUL on 3rd January - check in at LHR was very slow indeed with only one biz class counter open initially. The lounge was fine, busy but space to sit, offering a good breakfast selection for the 10.50am flight. Friendly welcome on board (much better than the outbound 2 weeks ago when the unfriendly stewardess at the door looked at my boarding pass and simply said "This way" and pointed - no smile or greeting of any kind.) The upper deck cabin is comfortable and spacious and the window seats have loads of storage space. The seat was OK but I didn't really find it particularly comfortable for sleeping even with the mattress topper. A bigger, softer pillow would have been good. The crew was very proactive and efficient throughout the flight. The chef on call service worked fine and the food was pretty good with a decent snack bar set up at the front mid flight. The IFE was just ok - seemed to be a lot of the same selection as there was in December. KUL-CGK on 737-800 was fine - much more comfortable than European short haul in J class. Overall, it was a good experience - I'd happily choose Malaysian again if fares are competitive.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by D Manos    (Greece)

Flew from Helsinki to Bangkok via Frankfurt and Kuala Lumpur and return to Helsinki via Kuala Lumpur and London Heathrow. Frankfurt to Kuala Lumpur was one the most enjoyable flights ever. Extremely friendly crew, excellent food, drinks we're offered all the time including beer and wine. Snack box was given, and flight was in time. The seat comfort was excellent, even though the B777-200 shows its age. Return flight from KUL to London was a totally different experience. The seats are not very comfortable, more cramped, however the IFE is better. The A380 is a beauty to fly, as silent as flying can be. Crew was not friendly. Food was bad, reminding me food that you get in a short haul flight. No snack box was offered, just some cookies and apples in a basket. Selection of drinks more limited. In general I was looking forward to the flight but MAS seems hit and miss. KUL is an easy airport for transit and I would use Malaysia Airlines again. I know they are trying to save money, and I don't mind less IFE and less food, but what I mind is warmth and friendliness of the crew.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by H Glen    (Australia)

Economy Class from KUL-SYD. I fly this route regularly. Glad to see they finally changed the menu after a few years. IFE selection was fairly poor for New Release Movies, but the rest was OK. Seat very uncomfortable. Crew were very abrupt and rude. I interacted with 5 on this flight, and they all were very rude, and seemed annoyed by every request. MAS is a very average airline, but I have no choice on this route.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Dey Bhaskar    (India)

Malaysia Airlines has become one of the the worst airlines to travel. I and my family travelled from Bali to Bengaluru recently and the flight was delayed by over 6 hours. The airline didn't inform the passengers through SMS/Email nor display the revised travel times in the airport monitors, but kept delaying the time of the flight. We missed the connecting flight from KL and had to wait until the morning in the airport for the next flight. There was no one in KL airport to guide on transit visa/hotel facilities for the night. The staff were clueless and disorganized both at Bali and KL airports. There was no senior staff to organize alternate facilities or inform the travellers. Not recommended.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Whitehead David    (Australia)

I flew MH from Perth to KL and again KL to Siem Reap. Normally I would fly QF to. Sin but they no longer offer full service flights out of Perth. Anyway MH offered a flight at a reasonable hour of the day and a good price. The plane was fine the flight into KL early and essentially turbulence free despite warnings. Seat comfort is just OK. The biggest complaint is with the quality of the service. Staff seemed surly and uninterested. Food quality was also average whilst the drinks seemed positively stingy. Wine was very cheap quality and when I asked for a soft drink I got a glass mostly full of ice with a dash of coke and no can to refill the glass. Give me the whole can. Could also increase frequency of water handouts especially one just before descent. The flying was ok but a little more effort would go a long way.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by S Phillips    (UK)

Flew from London to KL and back, both ways on the top deck of the A380. The cabin crew were OK, polite and friendly. There were frequent food and drink runs so I didn't need to bring out the snacks I had brought with me. There was plenty to watch in the IFE system. The seats were fine considering this was economy, with enough leg room as long as you don't get someone in front of you reclining their seat for the whole flight!

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G Ray    (Spain)

Business Class in A330 and A380 LHR/KL/SYD return. Definitely a long way short of the mark in just about every aspect. The business class seats in the A330 are not good at all and don't afford comfort in just about any position. The A380 seat is acceptable but a long way short of the major players such as SQ/EH /Cathay. The entertainment system had a pretty ordinary selection of movies. There were not a lot to choose from or someone at Malaysian has a love of sci-fi and kids movies. Food very ordinary and the Book the Chef a waste of time. Of the 4 meals, two of my booked meals arrived. The lounge in KL is way way way short of the mark. Would I fly them again? No.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Zumot Ghassan    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-PVG return. This is my first trip with Malaysia. All flights were punctual. Planes were clean but a bit old which takes away from elegance and presentation. The food was delicious but the drink selection was somewhat limited. The entertainment system was not up to scratch. Most movies were old and choice of video games was limited. The music system was fine. The toilets at the back of the plane were small. There is nothing wrong with Malaysia Airlines, but nothing to inspire either. They do a good job at providing basic service (nothing exceptional). Value for money, it is excellent.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Huins Charlie    (Cambodia)

Phnom Penh - KL - Bali on 20th Dec. Nice new Boeing plane, very good inflight system with reasonable films, polite crew, clean plane. Food was fine given each leg was relatively short. Perfectly happy with Malaysian and will fly with them again.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Muhammad Shazwan    (Singapore)

SIN-KUL-CDG and same for return. Flight from SIN-KUL and vice versa, expected to be full. Efficient service but experience marred with passengers who clearly don't understand the meaning of checking in their bags. Single aisle plane meant that if you are at the back of the plane, be prepared. To wait for the passengers upfront to get offload their bags from the overhead cabins. In all not airline fault but idiotic passengers. KUL-CDG, flight was not full thus my partner and I had an empty seat between us. This improved our mood for the long 13hrs flight to Paris. Cabin crews were excellent, engaging us with small talks n such. No problem with food onboard. CDG-KUL, flight was full and I was sandwiched between my partner and a dude. Just got a nasty shock that when I opened the magazine holder there were used tissue. Again not cabin crew's fault instead the ground handling staffs at Paris for not cleaning the plane properly. Requested for cabin crew to clear the tissue away and she apologized profusely for the oversight which I think was very sincere. The breakfast on plane was god-sent which was nasi lemak and sambal shrimp. After having days of non-spicy food (mustard is crap btw), the breakfast served was attuned to my taste even though I tasted better nasi lemak, I have no complains here. All in all, MAS may find a supporter in me who will forgo SIA for better fares.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Binuya Edgar    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-KUL-AMS on December 23, 2014. The SIN to KUL was delayed for an hour but it was okay because we were flying Business. We stayed in the lounge while waiting. Lounge was very quiet with total of 6 passengers using it. Food and drinks selection was okay. We loved the satay and wines. Flight was quick, comfortable seats and with some refreshment. It was with a new plane B737-800. Service was excellent! KUL-AMS was also delayed for 45 minutes. They could not get a clearance for take off and also waiting for other delayed passengers (like us). The transfer was nicely organized. It was with B772ER, an old plane. Small personal screens, limited and not so great selection of movies/entertainment. Food was fish or chicken. I chose fish, which was overcooked. It was served with veggies that were very salty. Breakfast was Nasi Lemak or Omelette. The omelette was nice, served with sausage and hash brown. My partner chose Nasi Lemak and it was very spicy for breakfast. Seats were comfortable in the economy although it can be improved and need some cleaning. It was lots of leg space for tall guys like me(40D). We had 4 rows on our own although It was a busy flight. Service was not impressive. After serving the supper most of cabin crews disappeared. They served only one round of drinks throughout the flight. We had to look for them in the pantry area if we need something. Also, no snacks were offered in between. One of the cabin crews even asked me "Boss, what do you want?" We normally take Singapore Airlines and KLM. We took MH because of the pricing. Malaysia Airlines is far from this two in terms of comfort, food, service, and fleet maintenance. I'm a little worried now on my flight back to KUL and to SIN. I hope its a different plane, a newer one.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by M van Amerongen    (Netherlands)

Flew from KUL to AMS in Business Class with MH Upgrade on a 777. Lovely experience. Was a bit wary of the angle lie flat seats but as there was an empty seat next to me, I had an extra pillow to put under my feet, making me lie in a 180 degree position. Slept for eight hours and was very comfortable. Very attentive and friendly FA's. Having flown the first leg AKL to KUL in Economy, I couldn't help noticing a difference in attitude between the two crews. In EC they seemed to be going through the motions. Fair enough, they did what they were supposed to do, but they could have smiled. Having said that, I will continue to use and recommend MH. Not only do they offer very competitive prices and a speedy connection to New Zealand, they also deserve support after this year's horrific events.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by David Butcher    (Canada)

Flew four legs MAA-KUL-BKK, KBV-KUL-MAA in October/November 2014 - a total of about ten hours flying. All flights in Business, all in 737-800's. Found it all to be a superior experience - from check in, to land and air staff, to cleanliness of planes, to entertainment (a bit limited, but these are 737s) to timeliness. The golden lounge at KUL is excellent - very bright and clean, good wifi, decent food, clean showers. All of it puts North American airlines to shame. I would happily use MH next time I'm in SE Asia.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Simon Fielder    (UK)

Very poor experience. Flight delayed on 11 December out of Saigon by 2 hours. They said they would hold the connecting flight to London and that ground staff in KL (their home airport) would be on hand. None of this was true. No information given on the flight about connections. Nobody available on their transfer desk for an hour to sort out issues and took two hours to get transferred overnight to a hotel and re-ticketed. Nobody took responsibility and the duty manager declined to come down and deal with the issues.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Shoumik Datta    (Singapore)

BNE to SIN via KUL. Excellent flight. The business cabin in the new A330 is really good and the crew is very accommodating. The satay is also extremely delicious. The 15.4 inch AVOD screen also had a good selection of movies. The amenity kit was the star of the evening. It had everything you could think and couldn't think of.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Ting Tw    (Malaysia)

The staff were not friendly for welcoming the customers onboard. The staff did not guide the customers to their seats. Furthermore, the cabin crew missed some rows while serving the drinks. The choice of drinks is very limited as well. No biscuit and no bread served, but just a small packet of peanuts. The legroom in economy seat was not good. The lavatory was fairly clean. However, the ticket price was very reasonable and affordable.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by John Cains    (Australia)

KUL-SYD. enjoyed Flight except two problems - meal request not available (a first in business class) and FA's disappeared for three hours which happens in a night flights, but this was an all day flight. Otherwise good value.

Malaysia Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Carol Martin    (New Zealand)

I was on MH132 AKL to KL on 26th November. My bid for an upgrade was accepted, so I was in Business Class on the 777-200. I only have praise for the crew, the food, the comfort and the whole experience. The seats are angle flat, but I was able to have at least 6 hours of sleep. I also used the Chef-on-Call option and the food I ordered was really good. Very attentive and friendly crew as well.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax