Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 July 2014 by Chris Zerial    (Australia)

Rating 5/10

Flew 4 flights in total with Lufthansa whilst in Europe. Found the planes to be new and pleasant. The service from the check in staff and cabin crew however was nothing short of rude. Very blunt and did not pay any attention to staff during the flight (most were in conversation even during meal service). I asked the FA on one flight to store a small piece of art for me to which she said there was no room. Not impressed with their punctuality around boarding and departure.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Hagen    (Norway)

Rating 7/10

LH 1793. Overall a nice flight, on time and efficient boarding and leaving the plane. Might be a surly morning, but one of the attendants had an unnecessarily rude attitude. Just because I was slow to stand up (and crouch under the low ceiling) to leave the plane he asked me if I was ever going to leave and that other passengers wanted to get out as well. Never has this been a problem on any other airline. He also gave surly remarks to other passengers who didn't perform well enough. Sorry if this is a charm and humour I didn't pick up on though.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Lanz Ulrich    (Austria)

Rating 7/10

LH415, 11 July 2014, Washington Dulles to Munich. I was lucky getting a seat with more space for the legs (front row). As usual I was very pleased to fly with Lufthansa. Unlike other times the seat comfort was not so nice, I was not able to sleep. Could be either a matter of coincidence or the version of the seats on that plane. Looking nice and being brand new, but pretty hard and not a good shape for my body.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 July 2014 by D Watkins    (Australia)

Rating 2/10

Flight from Perth to Frankfurt via Singapore. Pleasantly surprised that the Lufthansa A380 flight was more pleasant (happy crew) and comfortable than the code-share Singapore airline flight Perth to Singapore. However, the return flight from Toulouse to Perth turned into a nightmare due to thunderstorm causing delays into Frankfurt. The almost total lack of customer care while stranded over night at Frankfurt and a 7 hour wait to re- book (almost 5 hours of which was in a line, on foot) was a disgrace. It is the fear of this recurring which means I will be highly unlikely to fly with Lufthansa again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Yalcinkaya Yasemin    (Italy)

Rating 6/10

I prefer Lufthansa whenever possible. But on this flight, LH 494 from Munich to Toronto we had the 4 middle seats on row 40 and there was no arm room. The room for the legs is also quite scarce. Other than the uncomfortable seating everything else was OK. My son had stomach issues and the flight attendants were very helpful.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Venu Raj    (Austria)

Rating 1/10

Vancouver to Munich, LH 477, 4 July 2014. I found the Food to be sub-standard for a European airline and they also only serve German Wines. The seats are so cramped in Economy Class that it is hard to stretch yourself. They give you warm napkins only on the onward flight and not on return flights. I was carrying my suits, so I asked the flight attendant, if he could hang my suit in the wardrobe for me and his body language was so obvious that he did not want to oblige my request! Only when I argued with him did he agree to hang my suits. Flight attendants are generally unfriendly, they hardly smile and it seems that they are doing the passengers a favor! They generally make a big thing even when your baggage is overweight by 2 or 3 kgs, they only allow 23 kgs per passenger in Economy. Compare this to Emirates where you get a generous Baggage allowance of 30 kgs per person on Economy. When I checked at Vancouver Airport for my return flight, my baggage was only overweight by 4 kgs, but one of the airline staff members was very kind and allowed me to check my Bag in. If not for her, I would have had to certainly pay an excess baggage fare!

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 July 2014 by A Wong    (Canada)

Rating 9/10

June 10 2014, LH 493, to Frankfurt. July 3, 2014, LH 476, to Vancouver. We paid extra for exit row seats and were not disappointed, lots of legroom. Only critique was that people tend to congregate around area for bathrooms, which isn't a big deal, but when they hang out there for more than half an hour, and keep bumping into you while you're trying to sleep, then it's annoying. Outgoing flight was 747, and seemed to attract more "standers", return flight was 330 and shape of cabin did not encourage people to hang around as much. Pleasantly surprised at number of meals and snacks during both flights, lots of variety, service was great and flight attendants went out of way to accommodate other passengers with young children. Look forward to flying Lufthansa again, hopefully in Premium or Business Class next time.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Johansson Robert    (Sweden)

Rating 8/10

LH 457, 3rd July. Overall very good. The available leg space was however below all criticism. For some reason the A-C seats on row 44 on the 747-800 had about 1 decimeter less leg space than the other seats on the same row (and the rest of the plane). I have never been so cramped on an Intercontinental flight before (or any flight for that matter).

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Kai Olesch    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

MUC-CGN return (twice). I am always happy when I can book Lufthansa (work related) because it is such a reliable and punctual airline. The check-in and boarding is very easy, the planes are always clean, a little snack and two drinks are provided and I can choose my favourite newspaper. Usually the crew greets with a smile and has a service-orientated attitude. The seats are a bit hard, but for one-hour domestic flights, this is no problem.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Gonzalez    (Germany)

Rating 1/10

27 June 2014, flight LH454. I flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to San Francisco on an A380 and it is not an experience I would like to repeat. I know flying economy is supposed to be uncomfortable and unpleasant on any airline, but adding hundreds of passengers to what most other airplanes carry only compounds the misery. Space tight, seats very narrow, and food bland as usual for economy. What made this flight "memorable" were the long boarding lines and the length of time it took to get off the airplane after an 11 hour flight. I hope the A340 and the A330 airplanes stick around for a long time to come.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Heinz Julia    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

My flight to Washington with Lufthansa in Economy Class was a very convenient one. As I am a chronic patient, I liked that I had enough space to move my feet, water was offered often enough. The meals were fine and entertainment was abundantly offered.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

Rating 9/10

I travelled with LH1402 from Frankfurt (Germany) to Prague (Czech Republic) on June 23 scheduled 21.55-22.55. Due to late change of aircraft from the planned Airbus A321 to an Airbus A320 Winglets the flight was slightly delayed, but the flight managed to depart before the awful night ban at Frankfurt Airport. The aircraft was only one week old according to the crew. That was obvious, everything was extremely tidy and clean. However no IFE and still the same type of Recaro seats with any support for your head which I find very uncomfortable, below industry standards. I was seated in Business Class on seat 4F and the service were excellent. Even on this very short flight a very tasteful salad was served and before the meal drinks were served. Right the way it should be, drinks before the meal. An excellent flight and a very good experience and the cabin staff even addressed you by your name when serving, excellent.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

Rating 8/10

I travelled with Lufthansa from Stockholm Arlanda, Sweden to Frankfurt, Germany on June 23. The aircraft on this service was an Airbus A321. I travelled in Business Class and was seated on 4A. The overall experience is very good and everything is well thought through with German precision. The cabin was very clean and tidy and the service was very good. The food served on this route was a cold dish, but very tasteful. If to complain about something, the service was not especially well co-ordinated. The meal was served first and it took approximately 10 minutes before any drinks were served. I would have expected the opposite in Business Class. Lufthansa does not offer any IFE on intra-European flights, but offers very good inflight magazines. The main negative thing, to my opinion, is the very uncomfortable seats. Recaro slim fit with very limited comfort. There is no head rest available so bring your cushion, or maybe two and the seats are very hard. The seat pitch is however according to industry standards. On this occasion I had a connecting flight from Frankfurt with 1 hour transfer time. The flight was approximately 25 minutes late into Frankfurt but there were no problems with my transfer.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 July 2014 by D Collard    (Canada)

Rating 9/10

Vancouver-Munich-Geneva (4 June 2014) and return (16 June 2014). Flights on time; luggage delivered promptly; cheerful and hard-working FAs throughout, making several juice and water runs on the long-haul flights. YVR-MUC and return: A330-300 with 2+4+2 seat layout. Two proper meals served, the usual chicken or stuffed pasta as the mains (and for overnight flight YVR-MUC, an omelette as the second meal). The main problem with A330 and A340 aircraft generally is poor seat design in economy. Window seats leave a 5cm gap between the armrest and fuselage, wasting space and very uncomfortable for anyone trying to lean against the fuselage to sleep. The two outboard seats (window plus aisle) are supported by two central stanchions that rob passengers of foot space. No standard carry-on bag will fit under the seats in front, and more foot space is taken up by entertainment boxes. YVR-MUC flight had these problems. However, MUC-YVR return flight had a new A330 interior with far better seat design: it still left the 5cm gap between the armrest and fuselage, but the two supporting stanchions were at the very ends of the pair of seats, leaving proper foot space and enough room that two full-sized carry-on bags could be placed under the seats in front if desired. AVOD offered a vast array of films, music, and television programs (even binge-watching programs like the complete first season of the US House of Cards). MUC-GVA and return: E195 with 2+2 layout, with seats more comfortable than on an A330. Even a sandwiches-and-drinks service for these one-hour flights. Trip rating would be 8 for the old A330 seating, 10 for the new A330 seating.

Lufthansa Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Hoefle Walter    (Austria)

Rating 8/10

Lufthansa has an excellent first class product. The seat and bed comfort is excellent. Caviar is still served but the portions tend to get smaller than before. The wine selection is always interesting. Food is good, but the offer in the first class lounge in LAX not up to European first class standard. In the on board entertainment you might not find the latest films but it's a good cross selection. The atmosphere and color scheme of the newly designed cabin is very pleasant. Bathrooms are bigger on the 380 than on the 747. The content of the amenity bag is rather disappointing. Selection of reading material is good although I would prefer some travel or culinary magazines. The friendly staff will generally address you by name.

Lufthansa Customer review :  2 July 2014 by K Beckhaus    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH415, IAD-MUC, 3 June 2014. It was easy to upgrade last minute. In business class it was a very comfortable flight overseas. The aircraft was clean, staff were very friendly and perfectly reserved at the same time, space was sufficient with having one of the new seats which can be moved almost completely horizontal, and the food and beverages were fine as well. LH is definitely my preferred airline between Europe and America.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 July 2014 by F Appel    (USA)

Rating 10/10

LH431, 6/21 to 6/27. Inbound was via BRU with LH1006 and UA973. I travelled FC from ORD to FRA in a B747-8 and it was great. I miss only the small snacks (like nuts, sandwiches, chips) between the meals. UA is offering these snacks. The FC cabin is quiet, comfy and spacious.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 July 2014 by C Schultz    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

MUC-LAX on May 19 in a newly refurbished A340-600. Passenger handling at the airport was superb, pick-up from aircraft, escort to lounge, passport formalities all done while we relax. The First Cabin was fully booked, and we had two stewards taking care, plus the cabin chief checking in occasionally. Aside from the splendid service like in a gourmet restaurant our crew was very cordial and made sure our time was as enjoyable as possible. The only downside I can remember is that the air-conditioning was quite draughty and could not be reduced.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Uwe Langhammer    (USA)

Rating 6/10

LH 439 on A330, DFW-FRA with friendly, attentive and professional staff. Nice flight, only the old Business Class Seats getting more and more outdated.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by M Molinaro    (Italy)

Rating 8/10

LH1935, TRS-MUC and LH474, MUC-YUL on Friday June 20th. I usually fly Lufthansa since the local airport near the city I work in is fairly connected with one of its hubs. Even if the flight tickets are a bit expensive I think they provide a reliable service and have a good customer service. Last flight was on the same line, an intercontinental one, and, even travelling economy class you're quite comfortable aboard. I wish the other airlines I use when star alliance partners are not available would provide a similar service.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Tom Quick    (USA)

Rating 1/10

Flight 464 from Frankfurt to Orlando, June 21 2014. Trip started in Istanbul, June 21 2014 on flight 1305. We booked our flights 9 months ago. My seat on flight 464 from Frankfurt to Orlando was 39c. I checked in online, double checked at the Frankfurt gate, still 39 c. Once onboard my seat was given to another who booked late. The new seat was in another section of the plane, nowhere near my husband. Since the flight was full the attendants would not move this passenger and were unhelpful. The purser was surly and rude.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Peter Buchfeld    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH414, MUC-IAD on 15 June 2014. Aircraft great, most of the crew were great but there were 2 unfriendly staff members amongst them. Otherwise everything was fine including the weather, smooth flight, captain's announcements informative and clear. Seat 24C has no legroom due to the partition. The seat itself is ok for economy class, but the partition is too close to the knees.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by T Daum    (USA)

Rating 1/10

I am German and used to be a loyal Lufthansa customer. In general it is probably still one of the better Airlines out there, but the way they treat the average customer who are just Frequent Traveler status or even less and not Senator or Hon is just plain deplorable. The way they credit now for miles flown tells me that they don't value my business at all anymore. Another annoying thing is the discrimination against carry on bag travelers who are not Gold level. I invested quite some money into a carry on to make sure that it would be in compliance size wise according to international standards and IATA approval, but yet I was forced at various occasions to give it up when I was just about to board the flight. The most recent very bad experience I had was when I was just coming off the transatlantic flight from Dulles to Frankfurt and wanted to connect on the domestic flight to Berlin LH 180 on Sunday June 1st, at 10.45am. The gate agent ladies serving the desk for that flight were just horrible, to say the least, forcing me to check my carry on bag , which I had no problem carrying on the transatlantic flight from Dulles to Frankfurt. It's one thing if there are viable reasons for that to do so, but being singled out while others were walking by with two pieces of luggage was an experience of discrimination that I never wish to endure again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Thomas Schaefer    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

LH 411 on June 10. Perfect Service, especially during check-in for return flight from US because I arrived at airport only 35 minutes before departure. Airline personnel were able to manage a direct security check (bypassing the waiting line), a quick transfer to the gate and also the bag arrived on time with the flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Ulrich Herber    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

I flew to Washington with United and returned with Lufthansa. I am disappointed by the differences in service between Star Alliance members. Lufthansa was so much better than United. Everything: food, friendliness of staff, seats. Below ratings are based on Lufthansa flight only.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 June 2014 by B Sieding    (USA)

Rating 9/10

LH 419 on 1 Jun 2014 from IAD to FRA. The flight was on time, the announcements in German and English were clear and understandable. The Inflight Entertainment didn't respond very quick on fingerprints and some of the movies are not particularly new. I saw the same movie-titles on my flight with this airline 8 months ago. They served pasta or chicken for dinner - it's always the same. The bread they served was warm and tasted very well. The little snack for "breakfast" didn't knock my socks off. It was better in the past.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 June 2014 by M Florian    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

LH 451. We sat exit row seats in the brand new 747-8. Lots of space, entertainment system finally up to date, with hi-res displays, good selection etc. However lots, and I mean lots of restroom traffic. LH went cheap and only installed 2 restrooms for middle section of eco class to cram in 2 more rows (however more legroom on this new plane). Ridiculous and therefor many people waiting in line in front of and around your seat at all times. I always bring my own food, since LH and most airplane food in economy is inedible, so can't comment on food.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Robert Redfern    (USA)

Rating 2/10

I connected to LH at Frankfurt from a United flight originating at SFO. The arrival and departure at FRA both involved aircraft parked on remote pads and being ferried on stuffed buses to the terminal buildings, where insufficient gate space apparently exists. As I was about to get stuffed onto a bus, an imperious LH gate agent demanded I surrender the bag in which I carry my CPAP machine. She couldn't have cared less that I was told to keep close hold on it on all my travels and other airport staff have no problem treating it as carry-on. Furthermore, there was plenty of bin and underseat space on the flight. Other than that nastiness, the flight itself was fine, and LH probably deserves its 4-star rating, excepting for transfers at FRA.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.