Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

Lufthansa Customer review :  27 August 2014 by F Kellh    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

Flight Lufthansa 414, Munich - Washington. Another positive experience with Lufthansa. Service, reliability, quality was very high. Flight was on time (arrived earlier then planned). Personnel were friendly, food good, etc.

Lufthansa Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Syska Matthias    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

LH411 from JFK to Munich, 18th August 2014. I sat in Economy class together with my kids. The comfort was more or less unsatisfactory because of the space between the rows, the passengers around us and the service. Staff were not very friendly and motivating, all additional drinks had to be requested by ourselves and their presence in the cabin was very low. Seemed that they were more interested in talking than working. I am frequent traveler and spend thousands of Euros on LH tickets every year and have experienced the following: the prices have increased and the service and quality decreased. I do not feel or see any value for money.

Lufthansa Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Sean McCarthy    (UK)

Rating 10/10

ARN-FRA-MAN, 21 August 2014. Flight left Stockholm on time. Professional and friendly crew. Aircraft had new space saver seats with a 30 inch seat pitch, which for a 6 ft guy was comfortable. Lufthansa provided a pizza snack and beverages (including alcohol) on this flight. Transfer at Frankfurt was only an hour, but travelling from a schengen to a non schengen country was a breeze, despite the long walk. Second flight similar to first. Arrived in Manchester on time. Would recommend Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Emmanuel Karavelas    (Greece)

Rating 7/10

PEK-MUC, July 22, Flight LH723. Aircraft Airbus A340-600. Although I had checked Lufthansa site and was informed that my flight would have the "new Business Class service", it turned out that the small prints rule: this aircraft had the old and outdated Business class seats, which, from my point of view, cannot provide the comfort Lufthansa's competition offer, as none of its positions (seating, leaning, fully extended) could offer satisfactory comfort. Cabin crew very efficient, polite, discreet and professional. Food, wine and beverages more than average. IFE limited. Lavatories very clean throughout the flight. Cockpit and cabin crew announcements informative. Amenities of high quality.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 August 2014 by A Orzechowski    (USA)

Rating 10/10

Another great flight MUC-YYZ on the Airbus A330-300. Meals the best I've tasted on a transatlantic flight, with real cutlery!

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Tautz Hanno    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

LH 414,7 Aug 2014, MUC-IAD. I have 3 complaints about the flight with my wife last Thursday: 1) With the online check-in I could not get a boarding pass. There was a message that a failure occurred, but not which kind of failure and how to correct it. 2) There were two check-in lines at the airport. After 30 mins queuing Lufthansa personnel asked me for the boarding pass before I could continue in the line. As I could not get a boarding pass online or with the machine I could not go to the check-in counter. I had to queue in a second line. 3) At the other counter the seat reservation, which we made 3 weeks before was cancelled. All this is very disappointing.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Schnitzer Bernd    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

We flew from Munich to Vancouver with LH 476. The airplane was in good shape and there were no delays. I flew with my wife who has Senator status with Lufthansa and I could experience how warmly she was welcomed by the crew. Unfortunately this led them to neglecting me to an extend that I had to be after them to get something else to drink that what my wife had asked for. Somehow many of the Lufthansa crews on long distance flights still miss the opportunities to show some kind of friendliness and one still has the feeling that one is sitting in a bus from A to B. The special meal (Asian vegetarian) was tasty and the wine selections was good.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Michael Baker    (USA)

Rating 10/10

We chose to connect with LH 482, A380 in Frankfurt to get from Paris to Miami even though we could have gone non stop on Air France/Delta. A great and wise choice, especially for business class seating. Entire top deck of the A380 is premium seating, only 6 across in business, all seats recline 180 and face forward. First class service in every regard!

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Lange Michael    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

MUC-VIE: LH (LH Cityline) A new CRJ 900, for this short flight absolutely okay. We got a snack, free choice of drinks and the staff were friendly.

Lufthansa Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Robert Marshall    (UK)

Rating 8/10

Flew London Heathrow (LHR) to Larnaca (LCA) via Munich (MUC) on 22/07/2014 in economy. Used the refurbished T2 at LHR for the first time as this is Star Alliance's new gateway at LHR. Check in process was chaotic. 4 other Star Alliance flights (an earlier DLH, a Brussels Airlines flight, an Austrian flight and a LOT flight) also checking in at the same time in the 2 check in areas open. Absolutely dreadful system. Passengers at risk of missing their flight being constantly pulled out of the snaking queue system and fast tracked to check-in. LHR Star Alliance handling agent staff at check-in/boarding gate seemed to be in a bad mood and were minimally communicative if they bothered to reply to you at all. LHR to MUC on A320. Airbridge was 'out of order' so had to walk to aircraft. On board: nice clean plane. Friendly cabin crew. Excellent English language skills from both cabin and flight deck staff. 40 minute delay leaving LHR (20 mins due to broken airbridge and then another 20 mins in the queue on the taxi-way waiting for our turn to commence the take off roll). On time departure from MUC. A321. Airbridge available. Clean plane though looked a bit more worn than our earlier A320. Again, friendly cabin crew. Excellent English language skills from both cabin and flight deck crew though announcements from flight deck were quite muffled and difficult to understand. Catering fine on both sectors. No IFE on either sector. Seats: typical uncomfortable Airbus minimally padded, utilitarian economy seats. Leg room just about enough for a 176cm height person. Happy to recommend Lufthansa though their check-in arrangements at LHR need serious review. The staff service rating applies to aircraft staff. Their LHR ground handling agent's staff would score a zero.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Bernd Sonderhuesken-Puchtinger    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

Staff on Lufthansa are normally very friendly and professional. Nothing to criticize. The seats in economy are a bit narrow - especially if the guest in front of you reclines the seat. The new onboard entertainment system on flight 477 from Vancouver to Munich is nice - as you have your own high quality touch screen with a standard 3.5 in plug for earphones. So your own (noise cancelling) headphones will work. You also get a USB charger on that. In my case the entertainment system did not contain any movies (probably introduced during service before the flight) and i was not able to watch any for the 11 hr flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  15 August 2014 by L Haycock    (UK)

Rating 5/10

When arriving at check in was told flight was overbooked. Blank seat tickets were issued and luggage taken for flight. At check in told we would have to wait on a reserve list. As this was part of a holiday trip and booked months ago I can not see how our booked seats where not available. These were paid for months ago so you now those seats are sold and therefore cannot understand how you can overbook. Latecomers should wait until all sold seats check in and then offer what is left to them not give away other peoples seats. This was LH2510, 9 Aug. We finally got seats far apart from each other.

Lufthansa Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Sami Osman    (Luxembourg)

Rating 7/10

DXB-FRA. My economy experience was great! I was very surprised with the flight and service. The food was not excellent but neither was it poor - it was just right. I got my food on time and staff were very helpful, seats were very comfortable. However, the inflight entertainment was a little out of date and did not have many choices. Overall though, I would definitely recommend Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Belloli Lorenzo    (Italy)

Rating 8/10

Flight LH730 from Munich to Hong Kong. Seat G12. It was a very good experience, staff on board really careful and friendly. The plane was quite new and seating perfect, 180 recliner. Nice food for dinner, could be improved for breakfast.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 August 2014 by C Whitten    (USA)

Rating 1/10

Flew from Munich to Toronto August 7th (over 8 hours) and the audio on our seats (3 middle seats in the very last row of the plane) did not work the entire flight. The screens also were periodically unresponsive. The lights could not be adjusted (had to be turned on manually since seat panel was not working at all). One flight attendant was lovely - very helpful and apologetic. Others clearly did not care. Indeed, one kept insinuating that we were not being patient enough with the screen - she finally believed it was the system's failure when she tried it. Although the helpful attendant reset the system, it did not work (until the plane completely shut off after landing - then the panel started working). Also, when the person in front of me reclined his seat, I could barely move. The helpful attendant gave us chocolates at the end of the flight, which was very nice. It was an extremely uncomfortable and frustrating flight. We had paid the same amount as all the other folks who had working electronics.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 August 2014 by T Anderson    (Germany)

Rating 1/10

I was very disappointed with my flight itinerary. When I called Lufthansa to book my outbound flight to Munich, Germany, I inquired that 25 minutes to arrive at the gate to my connecting flight out of O'Hare Airport was impossible but she assured me I should not have any issues. Well, I did, my flight was late and I had to run though a crowded airport to get a shuttle bus to the connecting flight gate (United Airlines, flight UA 6115 and UA952 on July 4 2014). My flight arrived at 5.25 and my connecting flight starting boarding at 5.20. My inbound (return flight home) was the worst Lufthansa flight I had been on. The plane was a smaller plane, only 1 lavatory to serve the economy area on the plane and the food was horrible. I am considering never flying Lufthansa again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Valli Viviana    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

LH476 on 27th July. Great flight, very comfortable. Personnel very kind. I was upgraded to Business class and it was a great experience. I'm in Seattle for Business and I will fly back to Munich on Friday.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 August 2014 by K Sutch    (USA)

Rating 9/10

Excellent Service on the flight from Munich to Toronto. I was upgraded to Business and it was a real treat. All in all the flight was very good. Lots of legroom, flat bed to rest, wonderful service and good food. If I could change anything: better trays (for food) - this is the only element that I don't think is very comfortable but this isn't a reason to score lower. The LH team was excellent, as usual on the flight(s) and it was a wonderful end to being in Europe by having gotten the upgrade into business.

Lufthansa Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Schulz Stefan    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

LH 476, 30th July 2014. Fantastic flight with bonus points from miles and more in first for the entire family to Vancouver. Very friendly service both on the ground (the lounge in Munich was superb) and during the flight. The crew were very helpful and friendly. Everything was perfect except for the luggage delivery in Vancouver which despite our priority tags came last.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 August 2014 by C Yiyi    (Hong Kong)

Rating 5/10

Frankfurt-Greece, Zurich to Munich, Munich-Toulouse, Toulouse-Frankfurt on different days all within 8 days in July. Very pleased with the service and smiles. Friendly staff. All are short-haul so no entertainment. There were one or two flights with proper meals, but the others only had snacks and drink. The food was all right as they are very short. The seats were hard but has okay comfort level. Some times check-in get a little confusing for the crew but that's my own problem as I transferred a lot. Pretty satisfied overall!

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 August 2014 by T Eldem    (Canada)

Rating 8/10

BOS-MUC on A340-600. Smooth check-in with an exceptionally polite and efficient agent. The cabin was spotless with soothing colours and perfect temperature. The FA's were very attentive and maintained the professionalism and efficient service I am accustomed to from LH. The seats were the old, angled business class seats which were comfortable in all positions except for sleeping as one tends to slide off the seat. The in-seat USB power did not work on any of the four seats my travel companions and I were seated in. The AVOD selection was limited and inferior to other transatlantic airlines. The meal service was prompt and the food was tasty. There was a wide range of beverage options with a good wine selection. Flight left and arrived on time. Lufthansa offers a good product with dependable service, surprises are rare if any.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 August 2014 by M Kramer    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

LH 457, 24th July. The food is great, you'd always want another plate, even in Economy. The service and the crews are always friendly and willing to fulfil every need. They did come through the cabin every 20 minutes offering a selection of drinks from a tablet to not disturb the passengers sleeping. Onboard, even in Economy, nearly every drink is included and so you'll never regret choosing Lufthansa! The only drawback is the inflight entertainment system installed on the A380's and 747-8's, the new RAVE system they refit onto the A330/A340 fleet is great, but sadly it isn't available upon delivery of the aircraft as manufacturers don't install this system. But though the selection of movies in different languages is great, the only bad thing about the system on A380 and 747-8 is the screens are responding extremely slow and they are quite small, due to a lot plastic surroundings. And the flight information is insufficient, as the system doesn't show altitude, speed (ground and air), flight heading, wind speed and direction and such stuff. Overall great flights, with just this minor drawback.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Gnanadesikan Ram    (USA)

Rating 10/10

I flew from Frankfurt to Washington on July 28, 2014. The cabin crew were great and the service was fantastic. I ordered a vegetarian special meal and it was delicious. I was at one of the exit row seats and it was very cold. I talked to the crew about it and they took care of it immediately. I have been flying Lufthansa for the last 21 years and their service has been excellent. I never fly any other airline.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 August 2014 by W Campbell    (USA)

Rating 8/10

Flew Business Class round-trip, LAX -Stockholm, Stockholm-SFO. I flew the 747-800 and was really impressed with the new Business. I sat downstairs and had a seat in the middle section where every seat is an aisle. Spacious and comfortable. All flight attendants are gracious - would not say so much that the food was any better than UAL. In fact, their little mousse dessert was nothing compared to UAL's Ice Cream sundaes. On Lufthansa they gave us a small tin for the amenity kit. The toilets are well stocked with amenities. Inflight entertainment on the new 747-800 was exceptional. So many choices. The return flight from Munich was delayed due to a broken aircraft. We left about 2.5 hours late from MUC. They offered everyone food vouchers and handled the delay very well. While the old Business Class seating on this A340-600 is not at all as nice as the New BC - it was ok. The crew were exceptionally friendly and very careful to make sure that everyone was taken care of.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 August 2014 by E Matthews    (Germany)

Rating 4/10

The flight I took 3 days ago (Vancouver-Munich) was one of the most unpleasant flights I have taken of late. I am a vegetarian but eat dairy and yet again I was served the most disgusting food and snacks sorely lacking in flavour and variety. It is always the same and having taken 4 long haul flights with Lufthansa in the last month the meals are predictable and a major let down every time. I take my own food on board depending on allowances at airports but the vegetarian option (lacto-ovo) is lacking dairy and it is very frustrating to see others getting food that makes me even more hungry. Further, the seats are very uncomfortable compared to other airlines with leg room appearing to shrink. Flying with other airlines I never suffer back ache but do on Lufthansa flights. I have seen standards drop over the years and find partner/star alliance partners are usually better. The staff were very brisk and unfriendly on the latest flight snatching ear phones from my hands 30 minutes before landing and knocking my friends arms passing in the aisles with carts constantly. The onboard entertainment again is limited compared to other airlines with less choice in both films, TV and languages.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 August 2014 by S Sheppard    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

LH410 on Sunday 20/07. Munich to JFK. The cabin crew are efficient but not especially friendly. Food is awful and always the same: Chicken or pasta (it's a well known joke between people traveling often to and from this destination). Not a fan of the new seats, less comfortable than the old ones, especially if you are more than 6"2 like me.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Arlotti Giovanni    (Italy)

Rating 5/10

LH 104, Frankfurt - Munich, 23 June 2014. LH 103, Munich - Frankfurt, 21 July 2014. During both flights because of the short time at disposal, and in spite of crew efforts, beverages were only served to some people. I suggest they only serve cold pre-packed drinks, and make sure they serve everybody.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Yiyi Chen    (Hong Kong)

Rating 6/10

Frankfurt to Greece, then Zurich to Munich, Munich to Toulouse, Toulouse to Frankfurt. Very friendly staff, always smiling, no IFE as they are all very short flights. Seats are hard and thin, but still comfortable. Not all flights had meals but the food and drinks were alright. But now Lufthansa is famous to me for losing my luggage as I lost them twice with only 4 flights, should have better luggage services.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 July 2014 by P Ries    (USA)

Rating 1/10

FRA-BCN, A321 on July 24, LH1130. Flight out of FRA was delayed. The seats are like camping folding chairs. Very uncomfortable! Fortunately only a short haul flight. One out of three bathrooms not fully operational on a fully booked flight. The purser confirmed that she was aware of the bathroom situation and that she had already two prior flights on the same aircraft that day. During beverage service, same purser opened a bottle of sparkling wine mid cabin and showered three rows of guests plus the interior. There was sparkling wine dripping off the ceiling and the overhead bins for the next 15 min. Highly unprofessional! All in all not acceptable.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Hoehler Gerhard    (Greece)

Rating 9/10

I travelled FRA-DEN on LH 457. The trip started with a two hour stay at Lufthansa's First Class Terminal in Frankfurt. Not only is the environment unique. There are dedicated security check and passport control facilities at this terminal which make travelling much more pleasant. Passengers are transferred by Limo from the First Class Terminal to the plane. The First Class arrangement on the upper deck of the Boeing 744 with a seat and a permanent bed for each passenger is unique and gives you a lot of personal space and privacy. The food was excellent and very well presented. Service by the cabin crew was attentive but not intrusive.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 July 2014 by S Hoffmann    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

LH 3618 and LH 712, FRA-ICN. I went from Cologne Central Station to Frankfurt Airport Station by AIRail and flew from Frankfurt Airport to Seoul Incheon. The train ride was fast and convenient as well as the check-in at the train station at Frankfurt Airport. No queuing necessary so the transfer time of around 2 hours was almost too long since security checks were not crowded. The flight left on time and arrived 30 minutes early. The service was excellent, the cabin very modern (new 747-8) and the inflight entertainment offered a lot of variety of current movies and TV shows. Another benefit is that the train ride from Cologne to Frankfurt is rewarded with Miles too. All in all, it was an excellent flight experience and I definitely recommend flying Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  28 July 2014 by M Gruenig    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

LH 418, 6 July 2014. Overall pleasant flight on the 747-8. Anybody with any financial means should avoid economy. The problem is not with the airline, but the travel companions. The only real drawback are the seats which are too narrow in economy to sit in without severe back pain. I avoided the bathrooms. Luckily, the flight was only 8.5 hours. What surprised me a bit was the shape of some of the interior, knowing that the 747-8 is only around for a short while (carpeting, wall sidings). As usual, the staff is really top notch and worlds apart from US carriers and - sad to say - AF / KLM or BA. This is a different flying experience, though not Singapore quite yet either.

Lufthansa Customer review :  28 July 2014 by E Simeone    (Belgium)

Rating 6/10

BRU-JFK via FRA, 1st class - lounge in FRA is just perfect - Limo from and to plane also great service, on board all is excellent service. B747-800 configuration is top notch except perhaps rest rooms, because people from C class cabin tend to use this rest room. Apart from that baggage delivered on time. Will recommend.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 July 2014 by R Pattison    (UK)

Rating 5/10

LH1785, Ankara to Munich and then onto Manchester. Not great, the airline gave away my pre-booked seat with extra room. Not good considering I paid extra for it. Fortunately the check-in staff managed to sort me out a replacement. The airbus was not too bad, the crew were very helpful. The inflight meal was absolutely dreadful. Neither I nor the crew could determine what form of protein it was. The horrible food and the airline giving my seat away soured what would have been a reasonable flight. I fly on business a great deal, but not with Lufthansa again if I can help it.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 July 2014 by P Mikolajski    (Poland)

Rating 9/10

I flew Lufthansa last week. Flight number LH451 from Los Angeles to Frankfurt. Plane was clean, staff very friendly, seats reasonable comfortable (in economy class), food and beverages were good. I would recommend Lufthansa to anybody else. Plane arrived on time to the final destination, and safe.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 July 2014 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

Rating 8/10

FRA-HKG. Departed from the "Z" section of the terminal, which is a hike. Boarding handled efficiently, though getting everyone to take their seats proved to be a challenge. This is one of the newer 747s and the Y class seats are very good: aside from a decent recline the front of the seat lifts a bit as you lean back, taking pressure off your lower back. Meal and service were good and flight arrived early in HKG.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 July 2014 by F Juergens    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

Last month I flew FRA-Malta-FRA. With the exception of one seemingly bored and unfriendly flight attendant both crews were highly professional, obviously well trained, attentive and friendly. Both flights on time, the cabins spotless. Good Service as usual, especially regarding drinks. The only problem are the snacks they offered. On the first sector a plastic cup of fresh fruit salad and yoghurt, tasty but not at all filling. Much worse on the flight back: a slice of disgusting lukewarm pizza of low quality in a bland cardboard box without logo, a really bad presentation. Such a pity that this reliable airline, one of the very best in my opinion, is failing again and again with the snacks and food which is offered. Very good ticket rate, booked early in advance.

Lufthansa Customer review :  26 July 2014 by Uwe Langhammer    (USA)

Rating 10/10

Our European travel was MUC-ZAD, July 12 and ZAD-MUC-FRA, July 20. We got upgraded on first leg and overall all 3 flights were on time and with friendly crews. Planes looked clean and new Eco Class seats were OK for the short flights. Happy Lufthansa has improved in terms of service and friendliness.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.