PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Dani Stellmach    (USA)

Delayed over 2 hours. None of it related to weather issues. It was because we were short a stewardess for our flight and we had to wait for them to arrive from another city. My first and last time my children and I fly Frontier Airlines. Completely unacceptable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by Kelcie Devitt    (USA)

Virginia to California in economy. They checked in all of the classic plus customers before checking in a single Economy customer. I and many others nearly missed our flights because of this. Once I actually got to my plane to make the 5 hour trip I realized once again because I was an economy passenger I then had to pay for movies! There's was no entertainment either direction, which made for an even worse experience. On my way back to Virginia I had a lay over in Denver and realized my original flight Id bought from Colorado to Virginia was no longer in service and I had a 6 hour layover. I was never notified of the cancellation and this just confirmed that I will never fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 December 2012 by Jeff Morgan    (USA)

Had an emergency flight back to Ohio. I left Albuquerque in bad weather but was reassured by Albuquerque Frontier staff that I would be able to catch the next flight back to Ohio. Frontier airlines in Denver knew that we would not be able to make the connection and told me that the Albuquerque Frontier station frequently tells customers that they will be able to make connections that are not possible in an effort to get them out of Albuquerque to be someone else's problem. I had the 'pleasure' of sleeping in the Denver airport overnight because staff in Denver said that they were not liable for putting me up in a hotel.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2012 by Lori Kasten    (USA)

My 2 older children had a flight from DIA to Grand Rapids and they sat in the airport for 6 hours before Frontier cancelled the flight. The were rebooked for the following morning. We arrived at 6 am flight just to be informed that flight was cancelled. We received no compensation or upgrades for the inconvenience. They rebooked us for what was our original 2 hour flight tomorrow to fly 4 hours to Houston, 3 hour layover and then another 4 hours to Detroit - not their airport of origin. I have 4 children returning 12/28 on Frontier, what are the chances they will all make it?

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2012 by J Steel    (USA)

Classic Plus

My wife and I flew Frontier on a whim since it was our honeymoon and they offered a non-stop flight. The flight to our destination was uneventful, even pleasant. On the return, the ticket staff were incredibly rude. We paid additional for the both of us to sit together in the middle of the aircraft however when we arrived we were seated at opposite ends of the plane. After spending an hour trying to get the issue resolved we had to resign ourselves to the back of the plane negating the extra money we spent for preferred seating.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Debra Miller    (USA)

Awful experience, ticket agent was very rude. Our flight had been moved to another day without notifying us, the ticket agent said it was not his problem and we needed to contact the other airlines to find a flight to Orlando. He finally did find us a flight on American and it was already boarding so we had to run to catch the plane, our option to fly home was stay an extra day in Orlando, which we could not do or fly from Orlando to Denver to Madison, WI which we had to do. Fly another airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2012 by D Lorett    (USA)

We flew to Puna Canta. Attendants were friendly and attentive, we were celebrating our 50th anniversary, and enjoyed the trip there and back. Impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms, and the room in them. Hope to fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2012 by A Vonne    (USA)

Depending on which rules they choose to enforce, you can never be assured that you will be granted access to their boarding process. I am a young woman with a certified disability. I live 4 hours from Oklahoma airport and, after waiting on the check in line, presented my travel documents 4 minutes late according to their boarding rules. I was not allowed to check in for my scheduled flight. I was re-routed to an intermediary city where I had to spend the night before catching a flight to my final destination. Do not fly this airline, especially if you have children or special needs!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2012 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Classic Plus

Booked one way GSO-MCO Nov 26th. Few minutes late leaving and arriving, but no problem. Cabin staff friendly and competent. Plane clean and IFE working. Thanks Frontier for bringing low cost, full size plane service to GSO.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2012 by Jacon Chun    (USA)

Very disappointed with Frontier Airlines service on our trip out to visit family for Thanksgiving. They did not make traveling with two young children easy (1 toddler, 1 infant). We selected seats together, at the airport we could not sit together because we didn't pay the extra $5 fee for the opportunity to select seats. So we pay the upgrade for the 1st leg of our flight, but they keep us in separate rows and seats for the second leg. With a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old we're all going to sit in separate seats? I highly dissuade any families from using Frontier. We flew home on United and had no problems whatsoever sitting together.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2012 by D Jablonski    (USA)

I had a combined round-trip ticket, flying American from Tulsa to Denver, then Frontier to Minneapolis; coming back was the reverse, Frontier out of Minneapolis then American to Tulsa. It was ticketed through American. Flying to Minneapolis was fine, because I didn't really have to interact with checking in at Frontier. However, the return was horrible. I arrived at the airport later than I planned, but still had a half hour before takeoff when I tried to check in at the Frontier counter. The attendant wouldn't let me check in because he said I wouldn't make it in time. I had a half hour but he wouldn't even let me try. I asked if there was anything he could do, and he said no. Other airlines have been known to call the gate, tell them the passenger was on the way, and ask them to hold the plane. But not Frontier. He was also unwilling to help me get on a later flight because "it's ticketed through American, let them help you". I went to the American desk. They were very friendly and tried to help. However, it would cost $150 to change my ticket and fly from Minneapolis with them, so they suggested I go back to the Frontier desk and ask them to sign my ticket over to American. The attendant would not help me, and rudely said it was my fault because I was late. But he finally said they could put me on standby on the next plane which would leave 4 hours later, but said it was full so my chances weren't good. I went back to American, and paid my $150. From now on I will pay a little more to deal with a friendly, helpful person.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 November 2012 by Michelle Ratcliff    (USA)

We were supposed to leave on a 1.12 flight to Denver and our plane had started boarding when an announcement was made that there may be an aircraft change. There was - the plane headed to Harrisburg directly across from our gate started deboarding and got on our plane and took off. Here we sit, 3 hours after we were supposed to leave with another 5 hour wait before we can leave. What I don't understand is why we had to sacrifice our plane and time for the folks going to Harrisburg. It's a huge inconvenience. We will never fly with Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 November 2012 by T Rowland    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew Frontier 3 times this week (Denver to Phoenix, 11/16, Phoenix to Denver 11/17, and Denver to Dallas 11/24). This was the first time I had used this carrier. Not a single flight left on time, average delay on each flight was 2-3 hours (always blamed on mechanical delays). I understand being delayed once in a while but 3 out of 3? Also, staff (from the baggage checker to flight attendants) were grouchy and the customer service reps essentially told me too bad (never once apologized for the inconvenience). I fly a fair amount (20+ times per year) and have been on almost all major US carriers, this one takes the cake as the worst!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2012 by N McCabe    (USA)

I flew from Austin, TX to Portland, OR changing both ways in Denver, CO. On all 4 planes the aisles were so narrow that it was difficult to even enter the plane. The planes seem to have been changed from 5-seat rows to 6-seat rows and additional rows added. This meant that the seats were so close together that the experience was like being a sardine in a can. When the stewards were passing out drinks on one flight, they parked the cart by my row and served the whole plane from there. When the passenger in front of me lowered their seat, they were in my lap. Never again will I fly Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2012 by Susan Baker    (USA)

Will never fly Frontier again. Was on 4 different flights and were only greeted twice by flight attendants. Made arrangements in April for a November trip and had no choice of seats at reservation time only to be told at check in you will get your seat at the gate. Gate staff were rude. We had a first time flyer with us and nicely asked if she could be seated with one of us so she wasn't alone. Only to be told we were lucky to be on this flight. The 4 of us were separated on all the flights we were on. When you're flying for over 3 hours it would be nice to sit with someone you know.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 October 2012 by A Mark    (USA)

Denver to Dayton to visit family in Ohio. Have flown Frontier many times before, staff have always been courteous and apart from when I've flown home in the winter, the flights have been on time. I have a direct flight, so don't know about connecting flights.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2012 by D McLeay    (Canada)

Flew from Orange County to Detroit with a stop in Denver. Boarding in Orange County was fine, was seated at the very back of the plane which I hate but that is the luck of the draw. Flight started with flight attendant saying the TV system was broken for the flight . Beverage cart came around giving us a shot glass of Pop. Landed in Denver 15 minutes late. Only had 15 minutes to catch my next flight which was 7 minute away from gate to gate. Being at the very back of the plane killed another 5 minutes. We rushed (with no assistance from the airlines) to our connecting flight and was made to feel like it was our fault when arriving at the next plane for holding up the flight. Never even looked at our boarding passes just ordered us on the plane. Why would they put us at the very back of the plane on the first flight when we had a tight connection like that. I booked over a month in advance. Second flight to the very back of the plane again. Air did not work in our seats and when asked attendant about it, she brushed it off, in addition the seats do not go back when you are in the last row which made it tight. Then the TV came on and was disappointed we had the pay $5.99 if we wanted to watch it. Overall very uncomfortable flight with rude attendants. I flew AA a week earlier and had a great experience.