PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by T Eriksen    (USA)

I flew Frontier approx 2 years ago to Vegas and had a bad experience then. I ignorantly decided to give them another try and flew to San Diego from Nashville with a layover in Denver, same route back to Nashville. Not only was the check in staff rude but they messed up our seat assignments. My husband and I who were on our honeymoon checked in 2 hours early and they still managed to mess up our seat arrangements made during the booking process 4 months prior. We ended up having to fly seated separately. Normally we wouldn't be too upset but it was our honeymoon and we did check in with adequate time and booked our flights well in advance. Needless to say I will never use this airline again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 September 2013 by D Vukelich    (USA)

Classic Plus

I got an early flight from IND to PDX. Flight 613 was 2+ hours late so Frontier rebooked to later flight with 20 minute connection in DEN which was obviously missed. Rebooked again on Alaska Air to SFO then Virgin Air to PDX later that night. After traveling over 12 hours, now my bags are in SEA waiting for next flight to PDX so I have to wait hours again! Bags never made flight! Drove to SEA airport to pick them up. Trip home 2 weeks later, flight 792 from PDX on time only to find out in DEN that flight is actually delayed, but not before running 40 gates to make a connection then running 40 gates back to new gate. All airport displays showing on time at wrong gate! Now sitting at new gate waiting hours again. Flight 1608 finally leaves well after 4.30 with a reserve pilot. Not once did we get to watch TV on any one segment of flight to or from PDX! I will look for other airlines in the future.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Dennis Hoefer    (USA)

Classic Plus

We recently flew to and from Denver to Anchorage. Both were night flights. Your cabin and reading lights are awful. Those greyish/white lights make the plane feel like a parking garage and impossible to read by. Yes, everyone is transitioning to new types of lighting but there are better lighting options out there.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by N Russo    (USA)

Classic Plus

Our flight ILG-MDW was wonderful. Wilmington airport was a breeze, flight was pleasant, arrived 30 minutes early. We upgraded to STRETCH seating which was very comfortable. Flight crew was extremely friendly and personable. I look forward to flying them in the future.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by V Whiteside    (UK)

Flew late July from Vegas to Cancun via Denver. Realised that bags had not been booked, apparently you can not do this from UK. I attempted to book online day before leaving Vegas but was not permitted to do this. At airport we paid for bags and asked to have two seats together as my partner is a very nervous flyer. Check-in staff in Denver were lovely and quickly changed our seats. Staff on flights were probably the worst I have flown. Landing announcements were quite funny and instead of reminding passengers to check the overhead compartments for personal belongings we may have stored she said to check for any personal problems we may have left there. Didn't flying used to be fun and exciting and not a chore.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Carol Gregoria    (USA)

Orlando to Trenton on 8/28 and return 9/3/13. I had one of the best flights I've had! I was bothered about the reviews I read prior to my flight and I can testify that my Frontier flight was flawless. It on time, crew and staff couldn't have been more professional and courteous. I look forward to flying into Trenton, NJ again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Miriam Beetler    (USA)

August23rd on Flight 572 from Salt Lake City to Denver and on Flight 156 to Des Moines. Return flight on August 27th on Flight 157 from Des Moines to Denver and on Flight 575 to Salt Lake City. I have flown Frontier several times within the past four or five years and have never experienced difficulty. However, on this flight, I was shocked by the apparent focus of the staff on measuring each person's carry on bags. I saw several customers being sent back to the security desk to pay a $50 fee so that they could carry on a backpack - simply because the backpack did not fit in the measuring tool. Each item individuals had to pay extra for were not overweight nor extremely large. Many of them had backpacks the same size as mine, and my backpack fit completely under the seat with no problem. Personally, I had to remove my dirty laundry out of the front compartment of my suitcase and transfer it to my checked on bag, or I would have had to pay an extra $50 to check on my carry on bag. I believe Frontier has changed their focus from convenience and friendliness to customers and are now focused on making more money. I remember the days when Frontier used to serve complementary drinks and cookies on their flights. Now, they charge $2 for a glass of apple juice. Forget the cookies. I will not be using this airline again in the near future.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  30 August 2013 by T Betts    (USA)

Classic Plus

DEN-SLC. Not for the business traveler. In a competitive industry - you would think that the airline would want last minute top dollar customers. Finished meeting early, have 4.30 flight but not able to take the 1.55 - would not accept me as standby because I am not their rewards customer. Frontier does not fly anywhere that would warrant being a rewards member. Also the entire cabin was laughing because of the flight attendants trance to ensure that everyone was charged for their carry on luggage.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Michael Mazzoni    (USA)

Arrived at 5am to Salt Lake City Airport to find my flight cancelled. Nobody had received any type of alert. After 1 hr 15 mins we were finally addressed by a Frontier Airlines employee who was passing out customer service cards and telling us that we would likely have better results by calling or rebooking. I called, finding a 45 minute wait should be expected. Like many customers I was on a tight schedule and decided to book with Southwest Airlines. My Southwest flights were excellent. On the returning trip the first flight was 45 minutes late. We had a similar wait on my connecting flight though we were told repeatedly that there would be a delay of some sort, with no explanation or expected time, which ended up lasting at least an half hour. I understand that things like this happen but I was happy to land in my final destination.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by S Kelsey    (USA)

I have traveled with this airline several times in the past year from Utah to Arkansas and have never encountered any problems. The last trip was SLC to LR. Once onboard, the plane proceeded to the runway where there was a 45 minute delay. Had to return to the gate, told we had a choice to deplane or stay, but all connecting flights would be missed in DEN. We boarded again and went to DEN. Staff were amusing and more than willing to offer any information. We all received our hotel accommodation, food vouchers, and questions were answered quickly and efficiently. The next day was a piece of cake - I flew on to SLC but had problems with losing my bag but had it delivered to my home by 5am the next morning. One thing I didn't understand was the first flight they gave a free beverage, but the one from DEN to SLC they wanted to charge for a soda. I feel like a beverage is a very small request for the price of an airline ticket.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by J Cook    (USA)

Classic Plus

I purchased the tickets in February, to fly Classic Plus in April and return in May. When I scheduled this round trip ticket the airline stated I would receive free television on both flights, along with discounted liquor. On the first flight, I did and the service was great. On the flight back, I was informed Frontier no longer provided such service and canceled in between the time of my three week business trip. Had it not have been for the TV, baggage fees reduced, and beverages I would have chosen I different airline. They either need to inform prior to flying as the company knew I had the ticket so I could get a different company or honor their' commitment when I paid for the ticket.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by S Swanson    (USA)

I have to say my round trip went without a hitch. Both my departure and return flight were on time with no mechanical problems. The staff were cordial and my seat was the same as any other airline as far as comfort. Yes, they do charge for drinks and snacks so if that bothers you, buy your own in the airport (it is the same price anyway). I flew from Delaware to Houston and it cost 110 dollars. All other airlines that had direct flights were asking between 350-400 dollars. For that price difference, I am willing to shell out 5 dollars for a snack and something to drink. Maybe I had beginners luck, but I did save quite a bit of money.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Allan Beamer    (USA)

Began flying Frontier out of Williston, ND some 3 years ago since they were the only carrier there. I live in Utah, so would have expected basic but acceptable service. It seems the longer I continue flying with them, the more the problems. Coming home to Utah this last time meant delay after delay (I had some 5 delay announcements sent to my email, all after I already knew about it!) causing me to miss my connection at Denver. Almost had to stay overnight. Had been gone from home 3 months! How difficult is it to maintain their equipment? Always an issue for them. Now United and Delta are flying to North Dakota. I have to return with Frontier, but won't fly them again. I'd rather fly someone else for $100 more who has their act together without the drama and adventure. Hope they go out of business soon.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2013 by J Riddle    (USA)

SEA-DEN-ILG (Wilmington, DE) one way. A pleasant enough way to travel. Had exit row seats on both legs, at $20 per segment on an economy fare this is a steal and well worth it. Yes, you do have to pay for drinks, but they will give you a cup of water for free if you ask. Why not just charge an extra $2/ticket and give everyone a free drink and a small snack? Flight from DEN delayed 35 minutes due to waiting on a crew member to deadhead. Carry on bag policy enforced at DEN, with all bags sized, but not SEA - if an airline wants to be strict, they should do it at every airport. Some people were bringing bags on the Seattle flight that were clearly over-sized. Wilmington New Castle airport is a great alternative to chaotic PHL, but has little to no room for expansion and is crowded with just one flight on the ground.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

LAX-DEN. Bought a ticket after 20 hour flight from Asia since it was a better connection to DEN. Flight delayed 1.5 hours and had to rebook everyone making a connection - 2 agents for 70 people who were totally incompetent, could not get anything done. No announcements, no information just rude attitude from ground staff. My bags were checked through onto Frontier and I checked with agent to make sure they would get loaded on from the international flight after clearing customs in LAX - she assured me "no problem" and of course on arrival - no bag. Had to wait 36 hours before they were delivered. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Stephen G Sweet    (USA)

Classic Plus

My son and I flew from ANC to SFO (and return) via DEN. Satisfied by all flights and crew. However, I did notice some changes since my last flight(s), one being the new charges for carryons. The folks at SFO began to implement this new policy and it caused quite a bit of confusion for the passengers and some noted unhappiness at having to pay. Some folks were not pleased with having to have their stuff "sized up" prior to boarding. The new policy of charging for all drinks was not too popular as well. I spoke with a couple of crew members from the various flights we were on and a basic theme appeared, "we seem to be heading towards becoming Spirit". Crew members were not too thrilled. I was using my miles on this trip and my last one with my daughter recently. I have been both an Ascent and Summit member for years and have been very pleased with Frontier. I am however somewhat scared about their becoming a bottom feeder. I know change is always around the corner with airlines but the nickel and dimes they are going after is not right in my way of thinking. Keep it up and I will be traveling on Alaska Air year round.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Pam Gilchrist    (USA)

My daughter took a teaching job in Phoenix, we drove from Michigan to help her get settled. Tried to use Frontier to get back to Michigan - worst experience ever! My husband was to fly out on Sunday the 28th at 3.14 to Denver, after several hours was sent to O'Hare, had to stay overnight, get up at 5.00 to get flight to Grand Rapids, Michigan. I stayed until Saturday 3rd, 3.14 flight, after a delay, got on the plane, sat for half an hour, got off the plane. 2 hour delay - stood in line to change connecting flight Denver to Grand Rapids. Line up to board plane - cancelled. Back to the line for new connecting flight. 9.00pm, all flights to Denver cancelled. Back in line. Phoenix to Miami at 10.40. Miami to O'Hare at 6.40 am. Now I need to be picked up in Chicago. Terrible experience.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Monica Mueller    (USA)

First and last Frontier trip SFO to/from Denver. 1.5 hour delay out of SFO. Nearly 3 hour delay out of Denver - 2am arrival! Had to get a taxi home at 3am. Should have flown more expensive flight on another airline. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by A Wood    (USA)

Had a 2.5hr delay on the first flight (no apologies or service recovery offered) and another 2hr delay on the return flight because they used the same mechanically inept plane. The return flight was to be the first of the day. An entire plane of peoples plans ruined.