PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Richard McKellar    (Australia)

I read other messages on this board and arrived at Denver Airport fearing the worst. At it happened, my experience was entirely opposite. My wife and I fly had booked on Frontier understanding that like other low cost airlines (e.g. Air NZ) you get what you pay for. We had never flown Frontier before. We are Americans, but have lived overseas (mostly Australia) for several decades, and have been consistently amazed when flying in the USA at the huge suitcases that are show-horned into overhead luggage areas, supposedly as carry on. Carry on for us elsewhere is an enforced max 7kg (15 lb) and much smaller in size than the Frontier allowance, though admittedly at no cost. We had prompt service from a polite and friendly service team, who went out of their way to find for us a luggage option that minimised cost and maximised our enjoyment.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2013 by R Carter    (USA)

On October 24, 2013, my sister and I began a long-awaited vacation with flights from SLC to Denver, and one from Denver to Fort Lauderdale. SLC to Denver leg of the journey went without a hitch. We were not questioned about our carry-on bags, or our purses. When we went to board our flight in Denver, we were rudely told we could not take our carry-on bags because they were too large, and would have to pay an exorbitant charge for it ($100). The Customer Service person told us to go to a kiosk several gates away and pay for our bag, knowing full well that if we did so, we would miss our flight. We were forced to pay the charge of $100 per bag. I observed at least 15 people on the flight that had bags two and three times larger than the size of my bag. We were then put into seats that had the least amount of leg room that I have come across. When we finally got to Fort Lauderdale, out of curiosity, I tried the pre-formed compartments that several airlines had in front of their check in gates. My bag fit easily into each of them with room to spare. At least we were finally able to go on our vacation, no thanks to Frontier. On November 4, the trouble started again. When we checked in at Fort Lauderdale, we were told that the flight was delayed by one hour because of mechanical problems. That delay would mean that we would miss our connecting flight from Denver to Salt Lake. They said they would get us on a partner airline. A gate agent had put us on an American Airlines afternoon flight. When we tried to check in at American Airlines, we were told that the gate agent had not called and confirmed us. Fortunately for us, American was kind enough to work with us and find us a late flight to Dallas, that then connected on to Salt Lake.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by E Todd    (USA)

Flight 403 from Denver to LAX on 12/18/2013. I am a Denver native and resident and the decline in the quality of this airline is sad to me. It was never a top tier airline in quality, but the recent addition of fees for everything but use of the bathroom has taken it to the very bottom. Want to select your own seat? $8. Stretch seating? $20. Carry-on bag? $25 each way. Seltzer water? $3. Oh and today you have to stand in a new separate line where they force you to stuff said $25 carry-on into a sizing box. If you don't they won't allow you to board the plane. The staff is inflexible probably because of the new corporate rules. Two round trip flights in the last month, they are my last ever on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by M Chaney    (USA)

Classic Plus

I bought a classic plus ticket so that I wouldn't have to pay at check in. However, if you check in online, you still must wait in line (this was in Seattle and OKC) because there is no curbside drop off. You are better off using the kiosk to check in at the airport because you will receive priority for baggage check. They are severely understaffed, and use outdated computers and communication systems so everything is super slow for check in. At OKC, two of the 3 kiosks weren't working. Of the 4 flight attendant crews that I experienced on this trip, one crew was awful, and one crew was great. it had been a while since I had flown on Frontier, and I'm with other reviewers when I say never again. Unbelievable.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 December 2013 by Thomas Borhart    (USA)

I've flown Frontier 3 times in the last year. Each experience worse than the prior. They now charge $50 for a carry on bag, $25 for a checked bag. Tha last time my seat was taken by another passenger, and the flight attendant made me sit between two larger passengers. Never again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 December 2013 by Hugh Church    (USA)

My family and I got to the airport at 5.05 because we dropped our rental at around and 4.40 got the documentation for that one. Now earlier in the day we were notified via email that our 5.45 had been changed to 5.55. Upon trying to check a car seat and a bag which we per paid for at the same time we checked in online more than 3 hours before, we were told that could not happen because the time had been changed back to 5.45. I know about the 45 minute cut off time some airports have but it was still showing a departure time of 5.55pm on the departure board and the best part is it didn't even leave until after 6.10. I was given the option to pay 50 dollars more per person for a flight leaving the next day but the wife and I had to work the next day. I basically had to pay $370 to get home. I will pay more to never fly them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by A Chomowicz    (USA)

Very unlikely I will use Frontier again. Three of us flew from NYC to Portland OR on Dec 2, 2013. I bought the tickets through a 3rd party, so I had no idea they charged for both checked and carry on bags. Frontier is the only airline that charges for carry on bags. I believe these are hidden costs that they're passing on to consumers and that this practice is unlawful. Aren't the airlines required to disclose all costs? Also, their system of charges is complex as is the various "classes" of customers. I am so annoyed at having to pay an additional $110 for the bags.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Debra Valverde    (USA)

First of all I looked online and they said first baggage was free. Got there had to pay $25. The flight had to make an emergency landing, (I understand things happen). Got a hotel voucher to stay the night and the desk clerk said this happens all the time! Never again. It is taking 22 hrs and 3 flights to get from Houston to Albuquerque!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Micheal Townsel    (USA)

I will never use this airline again. I had no idea that they charge passengers for carry on bags if you use a third party vendor to book your flight. That is not a deal. We observed numerous travelers being advised of this policy at the time of boarding. Also they charge $2 for a small cup of water. Don't use this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by J Simon    (USA)

I discovered that they have upped their price for checked baggage and now charge $1.99 for inflight sodas. I then missed my connecting flight due to an error on the counter attendant's part, and was charged an additional $50 to change to the next flight. When I calmly explained the situation, I was told that I was the only person to miss the flight. She rudely dismissed my further request for a supervisor and demanded payment unless I was "no longer interested in reaching my final destination." My traveling is not yet over and I have already encountered further issues with this airline, just in one day. I shudder to think what my return trip will be like. Throughout this ordeal, I have encountered the same attitude with each Frontier representative. The customer service is absolutely atrocious, the employees do not seem to care and I have found that Frontier does not uphold the typical customer service mantra that, "The Customer is Always Right."

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by P Naina    (USA)

We flew Frontier for the first time and it was definitely our last time. I've never heard of an airline that charges for carry on $50 a piece, soft drinks $1.99, TV $5.99 and to top it all, multiple delays. Customer Service was horrible. One of the check-in agents drove a lady into tears. It was horrible to watch. We also had problems getting seat assigned together but thank you to passengers who were kind enough to switch. Please beware, If you book through a third party, you will pay for your carry on.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by G Lubecki    (USA)

I was traveling with my wife and booked two tickets together. When we tried to check in (exactly 24 hours before the flight), we couldn't select seats, and the seats that Frontier assigned to us weren't together - we were sitting in different sections of the airplane, not even anywhere close to each other. At the airport, we were told that because we don't have "status", we couldn't select seats, and they had no obligation to let us sit together. When we protested, the Frontier rep told us we should be happy that we have a confirmed seat at all. Apparently Frontier has a new policy to specifically not let passengers who travel together sit together, so they can split them up and stick them in middle seats. This lets them charge extra for aisle and window seats, or just entirely reserve them for their "elite" passengers. Do not fly Frontier. They don't notify you when you buy your ticket that your party will not sit together. On top of that, they nickel-and-dime passengers at every step. You want to choose a seat? You have to pay. You want a soft drink during the flight? That will be $1.99. Want to use the TV screen? $3.99. Oh, and if you buy a ticket via another website (instead of Frontier's website), they will charge you $100 for your carry-on bag. I think the next logical step for Frontier is to start charging for using the lavatory, for reclining your seat, and for using the reading light.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by P Davis    (USA)

SAN-DEN. Online booking was horrible - Select outbound flight, select return flight, change return flight. Frontier then changes your outbound flight to the first one available (the wrong one). Call to change with 48 minute hold time. Called the next day to change (only 28 minutes wait!) Charge to change the flight $150/person. So for the cost of a round trip flight, my wife and I were charged to select the correct flight that Frontier erroneously picked for us. Pros: None. Cons: customer service has excessive hold times. Cost to change a flight not commensurate with the cost of the flight/available flights. Frontier refused to admit their website was faulty. Do not fly Frontier. Unless you like "saving" $50/flight and then giving it back for checked bags, carry- on bag, and a drink of water. Same business model as Spirit - cheap flight but not worth it at all.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 November 2013 by C Cotton    (USA)

This is the first time I've flown Frontier and it will be the last. Want something to drink? $2. They will give you one glass of water for free. Want something to eat? $6. Want to bring a carry-on? $25. Want enough legroom to fit your legs between your seat and the seat in front of you? That will be $5, $15, $25, or $50. Want to watch TV? $6. Want to check in online? Good luck - said I had to check in at the airport. I even went to the airport to check in and at 8.05, the attendant said, "sorry, closed at 8pm, come back tomorrow."

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by A Campbell    (USA)

I booked through 3rd party which prohibits you from choosing a seat at all and no confirmation until 24 hours before. Used the mobile application to check in, terrible application to say the least and no paperless option like United. First time I've ever had to pay for a carry on and normally fly United or Southwest. Got to the gate and they made everyone put their bags through a pre-check to make sure bags were the right size. What a hassle for those who travel all the time. Frontier used to be a good airline but they're just making it difficult for customers to travel with them. This is the last time I will ever fly with this airline.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by T Hanegan    (USA)

I was a loyal Frontier Airlines customer for forty years. Not any more. I will not fly Frontier again if I can avoid it. Just as others have posted here, the customer service is terrible, they will charge you outrageous fees wherever they can and the flights are not on time. Avoid this airline if you can. I fly other airlines quite frequently for business. American, United, Delta, Southwest and US Airways all do a much better job.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by John Graham    (USA)

I live in Colorado and have used them for years. They were a great airline until they were bought by Republic a while back. The latest purchase by the owner of Spirit Airlines has gutted the airline I liked so much. Just spent 10 minutes waiting in line to measure my carry on bag. This is my 4th flight with them this year. In the future I will use United, Southwest or Delta.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2013 by S Livingston    (USA)

This airline not only charges for checked baggage, but also your carry on. If you pay for it prior to going to the gate its $50 a bag, and $100 at the gate. I fly 75 flights a year on various airlines this is the first flight I have flown on frontier and will be the last myself or any other employee in my company will fly on Frontier Airlines. I knew their business practice was to underpay their employees which will lead to terrible customer service, so I should have been surprised that they would nickle and dime their customers. Avoid.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Ruth Miller    (USA)

My flights were excellent, however on the Denver to KC flight, I was charged $50 for my carry-on bag. This was surprising since I had already paid $25 in Kansas before leaving. In Palm Desert I was not charged at all. It was a little confusing.