PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2013 by David Lyons    (Canada)

Denver to Spokane (March '13). We were put in the back seats that don't recline at all. The space to the seat in front of us was so close to us that ii even blocked our reading light. The stewardesses were sympathetic but apparently couldn't offer us the empty 'stretch' seats unless we paid an extra 25 dollars. The stewardess said the 'stretch seats' had actually created the lack of leg room between other seats. Frontier should not have back seats that are so cramped and certainly shouldn't be charging full price for them. While giving the usual free beverages, we found it very cheap and tacky that Frontier doesn't even give a bag of pretzels. To have to pay for even music channels is very poor for customer relations.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by M Bennek    (USA)

Booked a flight from MSP to DEN saved maybe 20 bucks on the flight. Started to taxi down the runway, there was a problem where they told us they need to run tests that will take 45 minutes. 2 hours later they removed us from the plane. 3 more hours of unknown and no communication. Finally they routed a plane from another location and I touched down at 1.15 (2.15 local). Then it came time to come home, my 3pm flight turned into the same thing, this time we never boarded though. I waited in the DEN airport for mechanical issues until we were boarded at 8.15. I spent over 10 hours in one weekend waiting for Frontier Airlines. I have $300 in useless vouchers from one weekend - you could not pay me to fly with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2013 by M Grady    (USA)

I have flown Frontier twice in the last month. Both times the flight was delayed until it was later cancelled. The agents were very difficult to work with and did not provide reasonable accommodations. On the first flight, I had to purchase a Delta flight or wait 2 to 3 days to get to my destination with no weather issues at the origin or destination airport. Today, a Thursday, I was turned away in Minneapolis and told they could not get me to a wedding in San Diego by Saturday. Given no alternatives in either case. Neither was acceptable and I will not fly this carrier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2013 by K Phalen    (USA)

My outbound flights were both on time and I really have no complaints other than both planes smelt. My return was delayed and after asking to be rebooked the gate agent said everyone was going to make connecting flight. She was incredibly rude and did not want to help anyone. After missing my flight which I knew was going to happen it took over an hour to rebook me and half my flight missed connections. Frontier could not get me into OMA within the next 24 hours so I drove. I would never recommend flying Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2013 by S Wolf    (USA)

Have flown Frontier 3 times now, each time seems to be a little worse. Just got back from a Florida trip via Harrisburg, PA. Going down there was a problem with a seat, late leaving. Coming back same problem, sat onboard for one hour waiting for a seat to be fixed. My tickets were bought 3 months in advance, and they were high in price, one month before the flight they were 1/2 the price. So, buying early isn't always the best way to go. Wanted to buy a snack, they were out, so made another choice, they were out - this was the first flight of the day. Cheaper isn't always better.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2013 by B Zimbelman    (USA)

I checked in online the night before, but did not have my boarding pass. I also was not checking any bags. I made it to the ticketing/baggage check counter right at 45 minutes before the flight time. I was told that I could not check in. Rather than wait in line, I remembered seeing signs that you could get through security using your smart phone. I verified this with the agent before I went through security. Unfortunately, I only had the pdf document downloaded to my phone, and that was not sufficient. I needed to have the little speciality square that these smart phones can read. I had to return to ticketing to change my flight because I was definitely going to miss the flight. Then I had to fly standby and hope I could get on a later flight. So my lack of knowledge regarding the scanning/smart phone procedures did me in, but it all started when the first agent gave me bad information. The agent that finally provided me with a boarding pass verified that the 1st agent should have been able to issue the boarding pass - it was only checking in at that point that required her. In hindsight, I should have argued with the 1st agent or requested that he check with someone more experienced (or who was listening to me).

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by D Gibbs    (USA)

We traveled recently on a trip that was American Airlines to our destination, but Frontier on our return. I have no complaints about the flight itself. We were delayed due to necessary de-icing, but the captain and flight attendants kept us informed and we were grateful to arrive at our final destination only a couple hours late. My only complaint would be that they don't know how to seat people, we were in a group of 4 (2 couples) and they seated us all over the plane in middle seats between people who were traveling alone. We weren't allowed to pick our seats or change them so that even couples could sit together. I just feel that if you book your trip early enough as we did, there should be no excuse for such a terrible job of seating us.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2013 by James Musgrove    (USA)

Booked our trip in Sep and paid for preferred seating. When we checked in at the ticket counter we were told that our seats that we prepaid for we're reserved for other customers and we were given seats further back. On the flight the seats we had paid for sat empty. While onboard I turned on my light to get a drink and the attendant said I would have to wait while she and another attendant stood in the front and had their drinks and snacks, an hour later she came by and wanted to know if we wanted anything. Would not waste my money on such poor service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Garey Maietta    (USA)

Classic Plus

Return round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Trenton-Mercer, NJ airport was a disaster. We had a return flight for Monday 2/10/13 at 6.40pm - they delayed the flight to 8.50pm, then to 11.30pm then at 12.30am cancelled flight. They advised that they could book us on a flight back Friday - 5 days later! The flight Wednesday was fully booked. We asked that that they put us on another airline on Tuesday but they would only refund our fare. It ended up costing us double since we had to get one way tickets at the last minute on another airline. We had to fly into Newark airport and then arrange transportation back to our car in Trenton. We will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Ben Foley    (USA)

All flights departed on time, and either landed early or on time. The second flight, DEN to IND, was the best of all - one flight attendant knew my son loved the Frontier animals, so he looked for some cards with the animals listed. He gave the whole family free headphones to watch TV for the rest of the flight. If the need arises to travel to DEN again, I will definitely choose Frontier Airlines.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2013 by Donald Smith    (USA)

Kansas City-Denver-Colorado Springs return, 1-30-13 return 2-4-13. No problems on first leg, but flight from Den to COS was late nearly 2 hours as originating flight from Minot, ND was delayed due to mechanical. Return flight, COS flight pushed back and stayed on tarmac for 30 minutes as one engine could not be started. Eventually corrected and just barely made connecting flight to MCI. Again no problems on the Denver to Kansas City flight.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2013 by Michael King    (USA)

My daughter and I flew from Newport News to Denver and on to LAX on Jan 25 2013. Although both flights were enjoyable, the first leg was particularly well managed by the flight crew. One of the passengers, a lady with a small child, 15 months old, was doing an admirable job of keeping the little girl happy. On a 4.5 hour flight, this is a nearly impossible task. After serving drinks, an FA spent a good deal of time occupying the little ones time. As a parent myself and remembering what traveling with little ones could be like, I am sure the mother of this child was very appreciative.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2013 by I Jennings    (USA)

Classic Plus

We paid for classic plus going from KC to Denver and stretch on the return. You get 36" of legroom but the seats were flat and uncomfortable, at least for my back! On both flights, we took off around 40 mins late with no apology or explanation. The flight attendants, looked tired and were unfriendly. The check in staff were just as bad. Frontier needs to improve its customer service. A shame as they are good value.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Mike Rollins    (USA)

Unacceptable service for our charter 12/23/12 to Punta Cana, from Chicago, and again back, on 12/30-31/12. In brief, 3 flights from O'Hare on 12/23, all delayed several hrs, flight to Montego Bay was cancelled, all because none of the crews were complete. They knew this was going to happen and never notified any of us. Offered no info, or help. Coming back, we waited 2 hrs at Punta Cana airport, then flight cancelled.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2013 by L Zimmerman    (USA)

December 2012, round trip between Madison, WI and Washington, DC. The planes were up-to-date and the seats very comfortable. The service was superb at check-in, gate, and through the flight. Crew were organized and friendly. A nice touch was the raising of the cabin lights during beverage service. Many food items were available for sale. We didn't buy any, but liked that there were options. Flights were comfortable and calm.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by C Prudhon    (USA)

We flew on Christmas Day from Madison to DCA (Reagan). It left 2 hours late. Return flight on 12/30/2012 left 4 hours late. Seemed to be a problem in gathering crew for the flight. Unprofessional appearance and very casual attitude. Here in Wisconsin we like having the option for a non-stop from Madison to Washington, DC, but the service is terrible. Hope I can find another way.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by L Angus    (USA)

Classic Plus

Flew round trip from Ft Myers to Denver 12/12. Flight out was no problem. Return flight - flight listed as on time on the screens, but we boarded over 30 minutes late. No announcement made that explained when we would be boarding, the reason for the delay, or any kind of apology or assurance. Asked to check our carryon bags at the gate, which was not a problem except that my companion was not given the receipt from her bag check. The agent said she would be right back with the tag, never returned, and when my friend asked the attendant, she was sent to the front of the plane and told by the gate agent that there was no way they could find the receipt. During the flight, we experienced strong turbulence, no acknowledgement was made by the flight attendants or by the pilot over the intercom system. We don't plan to fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2012 by R Robinson    (USA)

We left Seattle late, but the gate and flight crew told us that the connection in Denver for my flight to Orlando would wait for us. Flight was pleasant and the air crew good. However, the plane did not wait and no flights available until tomorrow. To add insult to injury, they lost my bag.