PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by M Demitroff    (USA)

March 3, 2014 – Flight F9 395, ILG–DEN. March 5, 2014 – Flight F9 396, DEN–ILG. Thank you Frontier for my recent ILG–DEN flight, coincidently on the Alberta Clipper and Polar Bear tail ID. The New Castle (Wilmington, DE) Airport was pretty much the only game in town during the March 3 snowstorm. Nearby Philadelphia Airport was all but closed. This was true for earlier snowstorms too. Our flight was delayed about an hour due to de-icing issues, not the airline’s fault. This little airport has all the charm of a Soviet-era military installation, but I’ll gladly forego shopping mall ambience for short lines, free parking, easy access, and cheap flights. I carried-on, so can't comment on baggage. Service was comparable to other low-cost domestic carriers. Return DEN-ILG was delayed about 20 minutes. Their Mediterranean Sky Snacks Box was purchased for $7, and it was ample, tasty, and good value for money.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by G Kenrick    (USA)

I used to be a big fan of Frontier but no more. Three of us travelled from DFW to SLC for spring break. Much to my surprise, I was not allowed to take my carry-on bag onto the plane unless I paid $100. My other choice was to have them check it for $35, more than if I had checked it in initially. The gate personnel could not have been ruder. I will never look at Frontier again when booking a trip.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by A Davis    (USA)

My husband lives in Chicago and I live in the Northeast. One of us flies every two weeks. We use Frontier on a regular basis and while I think they can improve on the carry on bag, size checking process, other than that, we've both been more than impressed with the low fares and clean, safe planes. The flight crew are funny and make the trip seem quick.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by B Magee    (USA)

This was my first and last flight with Frontier. We arrived at DIA with plenty enough time to drop off our bags and make it in time to the gate for departure. However, when we tried to print our already completed boarding passes and drop off our bags, the computer directed us to go directly to the gate. The only option we were given was to re-book a later flight at a cost of $100 per person (5). We were not treated properly and can only anticipate how we will be treated once we actually get on the next flight. I already do not like the cost to pick a seat and the cost to bring luggage and will try to stick with Southwest for future flights. Judging from the other posts, it is clear Frontier has a serious PR problem and doesn't care about customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Wilmette Reid    (USA)

2013 Christmas Vacation from Atlanta, Georgia to Trenton, New Jersey. I found a ticket within my budget and booking the ticket was easy. Boarding was done quickly and very organized. The stewardesses were kind and very helpful to passengers. The only difficulty I experienced was with the ticket checker upon boarding in Atlanta, after I learned that my bag wasn't within standard regulations to be a carry on. This one young lady was very rude and short with me. She took no time at all to explain to me, the steps that I needed to take to secure my bag from the gate. Her only reply was "You're not getting on this plane." I was quite taken back by her rudeness. However as quickly as she had insulted me, another young lady at the desk came to my rescue and she was very helpful and polite. I was able to check my bag and board my flight, without further incident. The plane was clean and the flight was quiet and friendly.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Melissa West    (USA)

My husband and I got to the airport to discover that the flight had been delayed 10 hours. There was only one person behind the desk to re-route an entire plane of people. We got in line and the line had barely moved in 2 hours. I called Frontier, was told that the next time we could get out to our destination was 5 days from then. I then went to the American Airlines counter-they said if Frontier was willing to release the first half of our tickets they would be glad to honor them. I called Frontier and they refused. When I tried to reschedule the return date for 5 days later, the agent said they would do that but we would have to pay 100$ each for a rebooking fee. Everyone in line had horror stories about Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Ivan Cintron    (USA)

Orlando to Denver. First and last time I will fly with Frontier. Very rude and disrespectful flight attendants. They were the most unprofessional crew I have seen. They treated everybody like they were doing them a favor. They simply don't realize that customers pay their wages. It's just not worth it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by B Schaugaard    (USA)

This was my first and last experience with Frontier Airlines. I bought my ticket not directly from Frontier Airlines and found they treat these tickets as if you are an inferior customer. I paid to check in my luggage and not one word was mentioned about my carry on, I proceeded to the gate and was told I had to pay $100 to get on with my carry on bag. I travel often and have never had to pay for a carry on. The gate agent had terrible customer service and when I finally made it on the plane everyone around me was also complaining about the horrible customer service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Troy Taylor    (USA)

The first time I have used Frontier and it will be the last. Everything was fine until I was boarding and then they said that my ticket didn't say carry on.I had to walk to the check in desk which was about 20 feet away and tell them. This is when I was told that I needed to pay $100. After that shock and paying the money they then told me to carry my bag and go ahead and get on the plane. On my return flight I made sure that I told the check in attendant that I had a carry on and needed to have it on my ticket so I wouldn't have to pay 100 more dollars. She then said my bag was too big and would have to be checked. I have used this bag for many flights and never has it been to big for carry on. It is the standard size approved for airline carry on. Worst airline I have flown.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by E Schrank    (USA)

Our flight was cancelled due to the recent snow, was told since we didn't buy our ticket from them we have no travel options to get rebooked. Now on my 3rd day of standby. Everyone I have dealt with has been rude and gives conflicting advice. We were offered another flight in a week or money back. Problem is this is a family vacation now with lost rental car, lost ski condo etc. no offer to switch airlines or rebook as things settled out from storm. No offers to get others to give up their seats. Never seen anything like it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by S Kalvin    (USA)

Flight 668 and 678 on Feb 4, 2014. Tries to charge you for every little thing. Who ever heard of charging for carry-on baggage? As if it costs them anything for me to drag on my own suitcase, hoist it up to the overhead compartment, and then lug it back down! Why do they charge so I can pick my seats? $1.95 for a Coke? There was no airsick bag when I started feeling nauseous. Luckily the stewardess got a plastic bag to me on time, but how many times does someone have to wait 5-10 minutes for a stewardess to show up and no one does? Finally they spend half the flight trying to get me to buy a frequent flyer credit card. I'd rather drive.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by E Buton    (USA)

I wish I had read these before booking. We booked our flight through another site, so had to pay for bags (the only way we knew about the flight was because of the other site, you would think they would be glad for the business), travelled with children, could not sit together, ended up in middle seats throughout the plane. We arrived at our initial airport on time, but the incoming flight was late, so we got in late to Denver, they let us off the plane to try to make it, we ran to the gate to be told (with 10 other passengers) that they released the plane. We were four minutes late, apparently that was the one flight that could not be late, we were trying to make a reception that night in SLC so had few other options. Customer service was the worst I have experienced in 40+years, several different people sat at the counters without acknowledging customers, when they did talk to us, they were extremely rude, acted inconvenienced by customers. We've flown 4 airlines this year, this was our first and last for Frontier. Awful, not worth the cheap tickets, we got nickel and dimed and treated unprofessionally.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Joe Alicea    (USA)

I caught a Frontier Airlines flight from San Francisco to Denver, CO then from Denver to Cincinnati on Feb 5th, 2014. The airfare is reasonable but I was surprised to learn that you cannot choose a seat in advance, I was charged $50 for a carryon luggage plus another $25 for a "preferred seat". The agent at the gate later explained to me that I had a "basic" ticket which does not afford passengers with similar benefits than those who book their flights through Frontier AL website. Another surprise is they charge passengers to watch onboard Direct TV ($5.95) plus $1.95/standard beverage such as Pepsi products, coffee, etc.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

Classic Plus

Another awful experience by this, the worst of US carriers. Flew IAH-DEN one way, only good part was that the ticket was cheap and flight left on time. Previous flights all delayed by at least an hour. Crew were surly and rude and didn't want to be there. One attendant barked at passengers to not put bags in the overhead unless it was their row (never heard that before). Another yelled at me for keeping my Iphone on during taxiing, which is allowed by every other airline now (TSA/FAA have change the rules). Worst part is they charge you for a can of soda ($2) and make a big deal about giving you the whole can!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Brian McHugh    (USA)

Flew Frontier for first and last time to Nashville-Phoenix. Connecting flight delayed 45 minutes due to mechanical problem with door. Return trip: Phoenix-Denver flight ok. Flight from Denver to Nashville took off and had to return to Denver (plane landing gear unable to retract). In both situations, staff had very poor communication informing passengers of situation. Rudest flight attendants I have experienced. No compensation for inconvenience or lost time due to delays. Frontier is an economy airline, I get it. They want to charge you for anything/everything they can. Baggage, food and beverages.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Dan Miller    (USA)

Just did a round trip from Salt Lake to Orlando, changing in Denver. We had pre chosen seats on Orbitz, we arrived and had been separated for our flights, what would posses a company to charge for a carry on, I paid $20 for a checked bag and then was stiffed for $25 for a carry on. But here is the good part when boarding in Denver from Salt Lake the plane was late so we had to rush to the next and was treated horrible by the flight attendant saying we couldn't come on late and expect a place for our carry on (the one I paid $25 for). No complimentary snacks or beverages.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Shannon Greene    (USA)

I booked a flight on Frontier for my parents on Oribz.com. Their whole Frontier Airlines experience was a disaster. The Frontier employees told my parents that because they booked on through a third party, that their seat assignments would not be honored. My senior citizen parents were crammed in the last row by the bathrooms and made to feel like it was their fault because of where they bought their tickets. They were not seated together. They were surprised to find out upon check in that carry on bags are not free, even though the Frontier website chart says that "Economy" tickets are free. They came to learn that this is only if you book directly through Frontier. Very misleading. They had to pay $50 to take their carry on. The gate attendants were rude. My parents arrived early for their return flight and were made to feel stupid for getting there 2.5 hours early. The gate attendant told them to just sit there and "someone will be around at some point". So tricky baggage fees, rude employees, and being treated like you in trouble because you bought your ticket off Orbitz all equal one bad experience and the fact that our family will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by H Veenendaal    (USA)

My wife and daughter flew out the day after Christmas (2013) and arrived 2 hours prior to boarding as recommended. Much to our surprise the line to check baggage was extremely long compared to what the other airlines were experiencing. It was apparent that Frontier was under staffed behind the counters so by the time it was our turn to check in, the gate was closed for our flight. They did not have an express check in so we were out of luck as this would have helped. Fortunately, a relative gave us her miles for my wife and daughter to fly on Delta and after explaining to the Delta representative what had happened they were given priority check in and they were on a flight 3 hours later to their destination. After numerous phone calls with waits of up to 1 1/2 hours, Frontier gave us vouchers for the fight that was missed. We have always had great experiences with Frontier over the years but apparently with all the reorganizations, buyouts etc.. have lost the customer service they once had.