PAGE loading ... please wait!

Frontier Airlines Passenger Reviews and Frontier Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by S Knowles    (USA)

I was on a flight with Frontier that was delayed 7 hours. There was no contact from the airline to me (phone, text or email) alerting me of the delay. When I arrived to the airport, I was informed that I could not check my bag but still had to pay the $25 checked bag fee. I then had to dump all of my liquids from my bag so it could go through security. We were then delayed another 90 minutes while sitting on the plane at the gate, at which point flight attendants informed us we could pay for beverages, snacks or TV if we would like. The pilots were the only friendly and apologetic staff associated with Frontier. I would not recommend Frontier to anyone. The flights may be cheap but you pay for your seat, bags and everything else later. Additionally, if you do have a complaint, you cannot get anyone to assist you.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by R Hinks    (USA)

I fly Frontier only when I have to, that is, when there are virtually no other choices. I don't mind some product differentiation in which they charge extra for "extras", but it is completely ridiculous that they intentionally won't allow people traveling together to sit together without paying an extra fee. Also, charging for carry-on bags is very annoying, but I can live with it. The Frontier company attitude appears to be one of "screw the customer", and as one who works with customers all the time, this attitude really bothers me.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by M Decosterd    (USA)

I flew yesterday from Trenton to Ft. Lauderdale. Was very excited to be flying from Trenton - much more convenient than going to Newark or Philadelphia. Check in was fine - security easy and waiting area adequate. The problem came when the flight was delayed for 9 hours - yes 9 hours. I spent the entire day and evening at the airport. the problem is two-fold - why I am not likely to fly Frontier again: 1) The communication throughout the ordeal was worse than awful - it is pretty clear that they knew early on that this was going to be a horrific wait. They kept stringing us along - many of us could have gone home for the day, but instead we were there not knowing what was going on. 2) Second issue - staff are incredibly rude. Staff upstairs at check in were great, but those in the gate area - with the exception of the manager were rude, unhelpful and without basic knowledge needed to be interacting with passengers. 9 hours late and poor customer service are problems that need to be addressed.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by L Williams    (USA)

I took this flight this AM, 7/19, with my family Atlanta to Denver. Departure 8.47, on time. Good. Flight was safe, landing was nice. All good. Cannot complain. The main reasons I log this review is because if you are flying on a budget (which you likely are on Frontier) then beware of the surly attendants, the lack of snacks, coffee and beverages available on a 3 + hr flight. This was a 8.47am flight, no coffee, no individual snacks for purchase, one box snack available for purchase and some sodas/juices. I don't look forward to airline "snacks" but when you fly with kids, creature comforts are welcome at times. Very strange airline. Very strange flight. Not worth the $1400.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Seow Choon Leong    (USA)

We flew Frontier from Trenton to Tampa because the flight appeared to be the least expensive and because of the convenience of Trenton Airport. It was a mistake that we will never make again! No free luggage at all - the first piece checked in costs $25. If you have a carry, it costs even more - $35. When we factor in $8 a day for parking at Trenton Airport, we ended paying more than what we would have flying other airlines. The flight was delayed both ways. The fight from Trenton was over an hour late and it was just seem as par for the course. No apologies whatsoever. We're waiting for the flight from Tampa and it is delayed as well. The service is awful - you'll get a cup of water for free. That's it. It is just not worth it.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Joel Bassman    (USA)

July 11 2014, I travelled to Portland, Oregon from Des Moines, Iowa via Denver on Frontier Airlines flights 155 and 799. The ground personnel at the Des Moines and Denver Airports were extremely helpful and personable. The air personnel (both flight attendants and flight crew) were courteous and attentive. As for the newly revised baggage policies of Frontier, I understand and accept them. Frontier Airlines is no different than legacy airlines. They are here to provide good and comfortable air service to their passengers. But, they are also here to make a profit. Again, hats off to Frontier for providing courteous, friendly and helpful service.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Mike Ammon    (USA)

Flight 527, Cleveland to Denver and 745, Denver to Phoenix. Return flight 1112, Phoenix to Cleveland. July 7- 15. My family of 7 just flew to Pheonix from Cleveland and back and I have to say I was very pleased, in fact impressed with how smooth things went. I had read several reviews about Frontier and I have to abmit I was nervous about flying with them. We have flown on several airlines and I must say I will be flying Frontier in the future the associates were very helpful and the aircraft were very clean.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Janice Cooney    (USA)

I had checked in online and printed boarding passes and coupons for my luggage. I arrived at the Madison WI airport 40 minutes prior to my flight. Madison is a small airport and usually does not take much time to check luggage and get to the gate. The Frontier desk was closed. There was a sign on the counter stating someone would return after the flight left. We did not make our flight to Seattle. I think it would be most helpful if Frontier stated on their website that the gates close 45 minutes prior to take off and that you will not be able to board your plane. I paid $75 to get a flight out a day later. I asked if I could travel to a nearby airport and take their flight later in the day to Seattle and I was told this was not an option unless I wanted to pay full fare $600. They were unwilling to put us on another airline going out today. I also paid to select my seats so I could travel with my daughter. I am sorry I did not read any of these reviews prior to my trip to avoid such a disaster. I will avoid Frontier at all costs in the future, and can only hope my trip tomorrow goes without problems.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Lauri Morris    (USA)

My family and I also had a horrible experience with Frontier and will never fly them again. We had no idea that we would have to pay $35 for carry-ons and $25 for checked baggage. We would have packed differently if we had known this. Each of my children had a small rolling suitcase which we ended up checking and it cost us $250 total extra for the trip. I feel like they robbed us! This extra charge is not common practice among any other airlines I have flown before. Then we get on the plane to discover that all drinks and snacks cost, as well. They didn't even offer water on two of the flights. There is very little leg room, so you feel like you're packed in like cattle. The whole trip gave us a terrible feeling about Frontier.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by C Mooney    (USA)

I am so frustrated with Frontier's new policies to charge you extra for everything: seat assignment, carry-on bag, checked bag, coffee on the flight, etc. I'm sure they will be charging for seat belts soon. Frontier used to be my favorite airline, but now I avoid them at all costs. I am happy to pay a little extra (or not in many cases) to fly Southwest Airlines where they still let you check a bag for free and carry on a bag with your personal item. If Southwest isn't available, I look for anything other than Frontier now. We are spreading the word and on my recent flight from Cincinnati, I heard several passengers complaining saying they wouldn't fly Frontier anymore - it's so ridiculous. And because passengers have become so frustrated, this has caused Frontier employees to lose their patience... what was once one of the friendliest airlines is now the rudest. Shame on you, Frontier - this is the worst example of customer service I have seen in many years.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by V Myers    (USA)

I arrived at the Sioux City airport an hour before my flight. It's a very small airport with just a few flights and a few gates going at one time. 30 minutes prior to my flight, the man at the ticket counter announced they were closing the check-in desk and no one else would be able to print boarding passes or check luggage. I had checked-in previously from home and just needed a boarding pass printed. Frontier did not have a single self- service kiosk at the airport so I wouldn't have to wait in line with people who needed to check baggage. Myself and about 12 other people had been in line for 30 minutes but were turned away from our flight because they closed the desk. The next option they presented was rebooking in Omaha which is a 90 minute drive without offering a complimentary rebooking or even a discounted ticket. Frontier claimed it's their policy that guests arrive 2 hours prior to their flight (but neglected to mention their counter closes 30 minutes prior) so their desk closure was our problem - not theirs. It's pretty appalling that they were able to turn people away like that when there was adequate time to get everyone checked in and boarded if they hadn't closed the counter. The entire situation was unfortunate and handled poorly by the airline and by their employees. I will avoid flying Frontier going forward.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Daniel Andrews    (USA)

Flying to Denver from Seattle, and back, Frontier failed to get me on either flight. In Seattle, the check-in desk was empty at 6pm Saturday with a sign that it would reopen 10 hours later at 4am. The automated machines were not giving boarding passes and I along with other passengers were stranded, unable to reach our flight. On the return trip in Denver, recent changes in timing cost me my flight. At the start, the desk representative wasn't aware that my boarding pass could be printed for me after I'd checked in online. Unlike all other airlines the doors are closed early, and baggage handling is closed early in Denver, so I forfeited my pre-paid $20 baggage fee to try and make it to the airport. Luckily for me my bag was small enough to be carried on. Arriving at the gate, I was told the doors had already closed and myself (plus some others who arrived after me) were told to go to customer service. It seems a policy change at Denver has Frontier closing their doors earlier than any other airline, meaning I had no realistic time to reach the gate. Arriving at the customer service desk after being turned away from my plane, I was told they would charge me $75 to be put on standby for a full flight 3 hours later. The staff were unsmiling, unsympathetic and unapologetic. I'm now sitting through my first wait at the airport on standby for the next flight. I'm told my odds are not good and I'll probably be spending all day waiting for a flight home. I will not fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Matrai Sean    (USA)

TTN (Trenton-Mercer airport) NJ - CLE (Cleveland-Hopkins) OH. The customer service couldn't have been nicer. They were very nice on the plane. Sure they charge you for a carry on bag, and beverage, but what do you expect for an incredibly cheap fare. For the most part they were on time, it was a bit delayed in Trenton because of minor issues going forward. This is essentially the "T-Mobile" of airlines. You pay for what you want, how do you expect they make those fares so low. Great Airline, gets you where you want to go, recommend to anybody who is on a budget.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by F Martin    (USA)

Pretty good for a low-cost airline. I know they recently changed their policy on carry-on luggage, where I believe you have to pay to have a carry-on bag using storage above. My last trip with them was in January of 2014. They were on time, friendly, bathrooms were clean, and the flight was comfortable. In September of 2013 I flew from KC to PDX with a stop in Denver. On the way back to KC we did miss our connecting flight by about 5 minutes. They hadn't taken off yet but they wouldn't let us on because they were to leave the dock in just a few minutes. While it was a bit annoying, they got us on the next flight to KC, which left about 90 minutes later, and I understand why they couldn't let us on that original connecting flight. Of course we didn't have to pay anything extra for the next connecting flight. With the changes in carry-on costs I'm not sure I will fly with them again because it all really depends on where I can get the best deal, but if they are still the cheapest I have no qualms with flying Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Lloyd Benjamin    (USA)

Denver to SFO, July 2nd. This is an inferior airline due to its policies and poor customer service. It is a myth that it costs less when you are done with their nickle and diming. The flight crews are fine, it is everything leading up to it. The extra charges are over the top. The only thing that does not cost is a glass of water and using the toilet but I would not be surprised if this will change. I witnessed a young woman traveling with a baby who had paid for a checked bag. When she decided should needed to carry it on she offered to pay the difference and was told there was no way to refund and she would have to pay full carry-on fees or she could not board. Robbery by any other name. Any company that gouges the customer to stay in business needs to close its doors. Buyer beware.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by S Ditto    (USA)

Check in was slow and unfriendly. My seat on the way to my destination was slouched to the right and the cushion was worn below the frame so I had two hours of metal frame for a seat. Costs for drinks are what they are, but the crew could offer the complimentary cup of water or the charge for bottled. Also if you have to delay a flight 2.5 hours and not update the flight information on the boards I highly suggest you use the intercom when calling to finally board. I appreciate that I was nearly left behind after being told that You were being screamed at to close the doors yet could not properly inform passengers that the plane planning to leave. But here is my favorite part about Frontier Airlines, I incurred a baggage fee for my personal carry on that was not large enough to have to stow above when I paid in advance online for only the bag I was checking to go under the plane. Lastly, thank you for eliminating one more option when I decide to fly. I will never fly Frontier Airlines again and the other 3 people in my group agree!

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by R McBride    (USA)

I would never fly Frontier Airlines again. Last week we have a 7am flight departing Denver on Friday morning. We arrived at the airport at 5.30am to check in for our flight, we had to check bags so we figured we would just check in at the gate. We waited in line to check in for 45 minutes and when we got to the check in counter, the lady stated that their system had locked (it was now 41 minutes before our flight) and we were not allowed to check in or attempt to catch our flight. Their policy is that you must be checked in 45 minutes before departure or you are out of luck, we were 4 minutes late but had also been waiting in line for 45 minutes. The front desk lady was extremely rude and unhelpful and just continued saying "well do you want to pay the $50 per person to change your flight to 5pm tonight", we did not have any other option. The kicker was we took the 5pm flight and of course checked in 45 minutes before, it took us under 15 minutes to get from the check in counter to the gate, we could have caught our flight in the morning without any issues. Poor customer service, terrible policy, took no responsibility for the 45 minute check in line. Absolutely disgusted and will never travel with them again.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Jeramia Johnson    (USA)

Flight 369 from Newport News to Denver. My girlfriend and I checked in at our house and did not have access to a printer to print our passes leaving us with the only option of arriving early to have them printed by a Frontier representative. Confident that we were on time, (over an hour early for boarding at this small airport) we stood in line behind a handful of people and two, sometimes one representative. The line crept. Two or three people had been assisted in front of us and all the sudden the Frontier representatives walk away behind closed doors for over five minutes. Upon their return all of the paid in full, checked in online customers were told in a rude manor that we were all not getting on the plane and to call a 1-800 number for further assistance. We were told it was our fault and there was no other option. The boarding gate could practically be seen from the check in counter, there was still 50 minutes to board, and all that was standing in our way was a piece of paper to let us through. The clock was ticking while we were about ready to give up. With only a few minutes to spare a woman showed up and took some names and returned with boarding passes. We boarded our flight with a foul taste in our mouths from the unprofessional attitude received from the Frontier representative at Newport News airport. Check- in was "closed" but we were all checked in and just needed a pass printed. Why was someone else able to help us? Airlines are a customer service industry and if you lack the most basic skills to satisfy those that support you there will most definitely be a problem for you in the future. A couple of boarding pass kiosks would have eliminated this whole headache.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Gabrielle Goddard    (USA)

Frontier is not cheaper. I recently flew American Airlines to Seattle to get my two children and we flew Frontier back to TN. I had no problems at all with American to Seattle. No unexpected fees and charges or hassles at all. You should know that your buck doesn't stop with buying a ticket with Frontier. You must buy your seats and you must pay $50 per any carry on that goes in an overhead or checked at the gate. Even if it fits easily. They are out to squeeze every dime out of you in every way. You must pay for any beverage or snack on board. Not just cocktails and large snacks. They assured us at the gate in Seattle, that we would see our baggage in Knoxville. We did not. They're lost and no one knows where they are. I've never written a review to express my dissatisfaction with an airline before, but this airline has the worst customer service ever.

Frontier Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Taylor    (USA)

Spokane to Denver, 18 June. Stormy weather in Denver prevented our flight from landing 3 times so we flew to Colorado Springs to refuel. We had to stay on the plane and only 1 of the 3 lavatories was operational - there was a line of about 30 people waiting to use it. An hour later I was close to the lav and had to sit down again for take-off. We got to Denver 2.5 hours late and my connecting flight to Little Rock had already left. After standing in a long line I found out their next flight to Little Rock wasn't for 2 days. They gave me a ticket to Branson, Mo for the next day and I slept on the airport floor. In the morning I exchanged the Branson ticket for a Little Rock ticket for Friday since I didn't have transportation from Branson to Little Rock, and got a hotel room for Thursday night. I left Denver Friday evening and got into Little Rock just before 11 pm. My luggage was not there. It had not been in Denver the 2 days I was there. The agent there couldn't get ahold of any of the other airports either. I called the baggage dept at Spokane and twice said they'd call back, and haven't. I will not use this airline again.