Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

Not Rated

Airline not Rated

Etihad Airways
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by C Povey    (South Africa)

Shocking. Delayed departure flight, missed connecting flight as a result and technical problems on return flight causing hot cabin for almost an hour on tarmac in Abu Dhabi with no air-conditioning. Bad entertainment. I have never heard a pilot apologise as many times before for inconveniences - at least 15 times. Baggage lost as well.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by O Soliman    (UK)

LHR-AUH-SYD return in Pearl Business. First impressions mixed. I was trying to secure a single window seat throughout the journey but I kept receiving error messages on their website. I had to call their call centre multiple times to get this sorted. Chauffeur service in London was great. Check-in was smooth and staff provide you with Express cards for security and immigration. I saw that I was assigned a new seat and when I questioned this I was informed that there was an aircraft change but that I still had a window seat. Our planned B77W was substituted for with the A346 (F1 livery) in old Business Class configuration. The inbound flight from AUH was delayed over an hour but the Etihad Lounge at T4 was excellent with great food and very friendly staff. Upon boarding, a steward approached me and asked if I would like to change my seat with a mother and her kid, since I had a bulkhead seat (11A). I asked where the new seat would be and was told it would be a middle seat. I politely declined, but he kept insisting. Following a lengthy argument, he finally decided to leave me alone, but whenever I encountered him later on in the flight he gave me nasty looks. The old Business Class seat was ok, not too comfortable and quite narrow (and probably not suitable at all for tall passengers). Once in the air, service commenced and I was fortunate to have a lovely English lady serving my row who provided excellent service. Food was excellent and offered in generous quantities. Abu Dhabi airport is absolute mayhem. The walk from the gate to security was too long, and it wasn't quite clear while standing in the security line that premium passengers enjoyed a separate lane. Once cleared, I asked a member of Etihad staff for the whereabouts of the smoking lounge and she sent me on a goose chase to a closed lounge which was 10 minutes walking distance. When I came back, I informed her that the lounge no longer existed and then proceeded to the Business Class lounge (which ironically had it's own smoking lounge). The lounge was excellent and there were tons of food options available but really very limited seating. The flight to Sydney was on a B77W with the new Business Class configuration, which was a marked improvement. Seat was bigger and wider and quite comfortable, but you can't help but regularly bump your legs into the tray, which is a design fault. Once again, flight was late to depart but service was top notch and all meals of outstanding quality. On the return flight, I had the pleasure of experiencing the Etihad Lounge in Sydney, one of the best I have ever been to, with superb staff and a la carte dining. Flights to AUH and LHR both departed and arrived late. Overall, Etihad is a great airline. They have some things to iron out (buggy website, all my flights were delayed, lounge in Abu Dhabi, etc.) but I would definitely fly them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Annette Marks    (Australia)

We recently flew business class Brisbane-Singapore-Abu Dhabi-Brussels and return Paris-Abu Dhabi-Singapore- Brisbane. I am a coeliac so ordered gluten free meals. The standard of the meals can only be described as very poor and inedible in some cases. My husband's meals were also very ordinary. We have both had far better meals in economy on other carriers! The service from the flight attendants was also very mediocre with requests for tea/coffee going unanswered. There was little recognition of business class with priority boarding etc. When you pay extra I think it is reasonable to assume you would expect extra. We were bussed for what seemed miles in 40 plus degree heat to our plane in Abu Dhabi and were late leaving with no explanation. This resulted in us being late for the remainder of the journey. Two pluses I can mention are the bed configuration and the new lounge at Charles de Gaulle Airport.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by S Paranandi    (USA)

EY 170, LAX-AUH, 5 Aug 2014 and EY 274, AUH-HYD, 7-Aug 2014. We recently flew from LAX to HYD and back with a stop-over in Abu Dhabi. Our nightmare started from LAX, EY 170 was delayed over 2 hrs and we missed the EY 274 AUH-HYD. Monitors on EY 170 gave incorrect information that EY 274 was also delayed by about 2 hrs. Upon arrival at AUH, we were told by Etihad staff that EY 274 had departed and we had to stay overnight to catch the next flight in 12 hrs. Waited in line for over 90 mins. to get processed to the hotel etc. When angry passengers asked about this, the ground staff said the on-board monitor information was incorrect - no apologies offered. Repeat of above on the return flight EY 275, HYD-AUH on August 18, again delayed take-off at HYD and missed connection at AUH. This time we literally ran to the LAX EY 171 gate as the AUH airport monitors showed EY 171 "boarding soon", but about half-way to the gate, were told by an Agent that EY 171 had taken off. Again stayed overnight to take EY 171 the next day (August 19). Economy class seats hard, uncomfortable and "sliding seats" not recliners, flight attendants unfriendly, drinks first offered about 14 hrs. into the AUH-HYD flight! Meals sub-standard/small portions. Overall, terrible experience with Etihad which started LAX-AUH service in June, poor on-time performance, disorganized ground staff, poor in-flight service and callous attitude.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Paul Chacko    (USA)

Our saga started on Aug 18th from Cochin Airport. Abu Dhabi bound flight (EY281) was scheduled to depart at 4.25am. The Boarding Pass said Gate 2 but the electronic display in the airport was showing Gate 6. ETD remained 4.25am until around 4.15am and that's when the announcement came: EY 281 was delayed until 6am because the inbound flight was delayed. As we waited, the next announcement came at around 5.30 with a new ETD which is 6.30am. We approached the Etihad desk and they promised the connection flights would wait for us. Our EY 281 flight finally took off around 7.07am and touched down at Abu Dhabi airport at 9.47am. The (cold and stale) breakfast was served 2 hours after departure. When we landed in Abu Dhabi, connection flights to various destinations had already gone. There were agents at the airport who directed us to the Transfer Desk. An Etihad agent approached the NY bound passengers and told us there was a flight leaving to NY in 2 hours and there were seats available. 20-25 passengers whizzed out to the gate the agent directed but when we got there, the gate was already closed. We turned around frustrated and came back to the Transfer Desk. Cries from 20-25 passengers were ignored. We had to wait another 2 plus hours before we could talk to the ticket agent. He found seats for us on a flight 14 hours later but to our surprise, they could not provide us with accommodation. After about 20 minutes of pleading they agreed to give us rooms outside the airport so we were transferred to a limo waiting area. We waited there for about 40 minutes and got transferred to a hotel. Eventually, the 2.10am flight took off at 3.40am. They started to serve the meal about an hour later, but to my dismay, turbulence started and the pilot ordered the cabin crew to return to their seats. It took another 30-40 minutes before they resumed the food service. We finally landed the 8.55am flight in NY at 9.07am. I waited for about an hour but there was no sign of my luggage.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by A Faccioni    (Australia)

Sydney to Abu Dhabi - August 14th, Flight 455. Abu Dhabi - Istanbul - August 15th, Flight 97. We paid $8000 for a business class trip to Europe from Australia. 2nd leg on the way over we were downgraded to economy with no warning, no explanation (until we complained) and a totally inadequate $200 "bribe" to shut us up. Add to this a 1 hour delay taking off, several staff not caring at all of our inconvenience, a broken AV system in my economy seat and I am sure you can guess that I would never recommend this airline ever again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by C Bellman    (Bahrain)

Aug 14-17, BAH-AUH-CMN / CMN-AUH-BAH. Etihad markets itself as a 'leading' airline of the world. I must say they fall well short of such grandiose marketing. Cabin crew are cold, unhelpful, and frankly have an attitude in dealing with pax. Abu Dhabi airport ground staff are totally overwhelmed and unable to effectively manage the transit pax arriving at AUH everyday. One need only look as far as Etihad's abysmal on-time performance statistics for testament to how poorly the logistics are run. Aircraft are generally outfitted well, although IFE is second rate, but this does not go very far for pax experience when complemented by the horrible service on board.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Ndaba Simamile    (South Africa)

I flew Etihad Airways flight 601 from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi on 30 July 2014. The cabin crew on this flight was exceptional. They turned up the cabin temperature when asked and they were very friendly. The seats were the most comfortable I've sat in in economy class, however this plane dud not have power points as expected. Departure was more than an hour later than expected. The connecting from Abu Dhabi to Rome was on flight 83: departure was late and complimentary grooming kits were not provided. It was on this flight that I realized that Etihad does not pay any attention to detail. The return leg of our trip was on flight 84 from Rome to Abu Dhabi on 9 August 2014. Departure was more than an hour late. The cabin crew was as cold as the cabin pressure which was freezing despite numerous requests from "guests" to turn up the temperature. This is unforgivable. I have never been so cold on a flight. We connected in Abu Dhabi to Johannesburg on flight 602. This flight had power points but was also more than an hour late. 45 minutes due to the airline and 30 minutes due to a customer. The cabin crew on this flight were helpful and efficient.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Banigallapati Giridhar    (USA)

EY 100, JFK-AUH, 9 Aug 2014 and EY 274, AUH-HYD, 10-Aug 2014. We recently flew from JFK to HYD with a stop over in Abu Dhabi. Our nightmare started on the last leg (Abu Dhabi to HYD). There is no AC at the gate. There is no information given to the waiting passengers. Flight is delayed by 1 hr. Again no info. To our surprise there is no AC onboard while sat on the runway. Again no info. When angry passengers asked about this, the flight attendant mentioned some problems with AC and that it would work after take off. Flight attendants often skipped passengers when serving food and beverages.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Maurice Huze    (Australia)

What a disappointment. I flew London to Abu Dhabi and onto Melbourne, August 11/12th. Both flights were delayed, although connection was made, the flight out of Abu Dhabi was an hour late with no explanation. I chose my seat online, 54K, as recommended, however all seats are hard and very narrow, and watching the screen was not a comfortable experience. Surprisingly, with so much content to view, the movies on offer were woeful. Meals were below average, and partly frozen! Worst of all was the indifference by the flight attendants to the blind gentleman sitting next to me. I had to call them to assist, otherwise they would have done nothing. I had to open his meals, cut it up, and put fork in his hand, and in effect, do their work.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Sylvain Ercoli    (UK)

A friend and I booked two tickets to Seychelles in Economy, London Heathrow - Mahe via Abu Dhabi, then we decided to upgrade to Business Class via the upgrade offer. Our experience at Heathrow Terminal 4 Etihad Business Lounge was amazing, great people, smiling, great food and great service. On our journey back home we did the same, upgrade in Business Class. It was fine from Mahe to Abu Dhabi but our stopover in Abu Dhabi was 8 Hours. We were not afraid as, based on our experience in Heathrow we thought it would be just great. What a disappointment! At 2am in the morning on 5th August we came to the reception of Etihad Business lounge and we were declined access for the simple reason that our tickets were upgraded from economy. Furthermore the Staff at desk were both arrogant and unhelpful. So we had to wait in this ugly airport with all coffee shops closed until 6am to have a coffee. I complained to customer service and just received a polite answer but no compensation. I will never fly again with this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by A Barduagni    (Australia)

I had a flight from Rome (Italy) to Abu Dhabi - Perth - Sydney. All flights were delayed and on the last connection (Perth - Sydney) once landed in Perth with 1.5 hours delay, Etihad had cancelled me from the list of passengers catching the next flight to Sydney, they booked me on one leaving 9 hrs later. I was at the check in of Virgin Blue and I have been answered "Sorry Etihad decided to move you on the next flight" and we cannot do anything about it. So my flight instead of being 26hrs long, it was 35hrs!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by A Althani    (Qatar)

Most of my travel is for holidays and two of my last two trips were on Etihad. The first was to South Africa on Etihad and South African, the latest was on Etihad and Alitalia - both disastrous. We travelled from Doha through Abu Dhabi to Rome and onto Venice waiting for our Cruise in the Mediterranean, now Alitalia ground staff have been on strike. Etihad knew of this strike but still checked my bags through to Venice knowing my bags could have not made it through. It has been three days without our bags and they can't even locate them and I will have to go on a 12 day cruise without luggage, other than that I will have to fly with them to go back home.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by A Althani    (Qatar)

We flew today from Doha to Venice on Etihad via Abu Dhabi and Rome, the flight from Rome to Venice was on Alitalia code share, the service on Etihad was very good, but again they failed to warn us that baggage handling in Rome were on strike and we ended up arriving in Venice and getting ready to go on a cruise short of three bags, why they keep failing to warn their passengers with equipment issues and service problems is just horrible, I think I need to take my business elsewhere from now onwards! Please do not take my criticism wrongly, Etihad's service on board is one of the best in the business, but the end result is what lasts and when you end up in a hotel room getting ready to get on a long awaited cruise holiday without your clothes you begin to ask yourself why on earth did I fly with these people, and why did they not re-route me when they knew about the problem but still took the risk with my holiday!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by M Azmy    (UAE)

I've flown with Etihad for more than 20 times in the past 3 years, mostly from CAI to AUH. Pros: The planes are new and in good shape. Fabulous IFE so you're entertained, which is a crucial factor for me. Cons: Seats are too cramped. More importantly, on most occasions staff are unfriendly. Every time I travel I say I'll give them another chance, but same old unfriendly staff attitude. You feel you need to beg them to do their job! Despite the above, I'm still using Etihad as sadly my other alternative would be Egyptair, who don't have an IFE on AUH flights, so I'm stuck with Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by E Smith    (Australia)

We upgraded to Business Class from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and were underwhelmed. Both flights were late (although not significantly) with no explanation. The seats are quite comfortable although a bit narrow, and clearly it is better than flying economy. But the service was very below par. On the first leg the crew were pleasant and attentive but got several things wrong (eg bringing the wrong meals). On the second leg, though, (a long one) the crew were awful. In my view we didn't even get economy class service. Nobody introduced him or herself, they staff were off-hand to the point of rudeness, the meals took forever to come, and the staff didn't respond to any minor requests. For example, I wanted a little sugar to sprinkle on my breakfast cereal-I was told that only sugar lumps were available, and it wasn't until I suggested that I could go myself and collect some from economy that some appeared! This is just one example of the inadequate and even offensive service. My main course at dinner was almost stone cold, and because I had waited so long for it I didn't send it back, but it was really horrible. This has never happened to me in scores of long-haul economy flights. Also our trays did not have the correct cutlery on them, so we had to keep asking for appropriate utensils. Again this doesn't happen in economy! Another issue was that when one pushed the button for service nothing happened. On two occasions we waited for over ten minutes and nobody appeared. Altogether - very poor, we would never fly Etihad again. I have no idea where they get the good ratings that they boast about. The only good thing about the airline is that the call centre staff are very pleasant and helpful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Michael Schade    (United Arab Emirates)

AUH-BKK. Morning flight. Smooth check in at AUH airport. Security check as always long queues since AUH airport has not been able to catch up with the growth in pass anger numbers. Boarding chaotic and unorganized. Flight departed an hour late due to heavy traffic. Seat the usual hard and narrow affair. The very busy FA's tried their best, but they were clearly understaffed on this full flight, something I've noticed on another flight a month ago. What really upset me was the "breakfast" they served. I opted for the Asian option, beef congee. It was about 100 ml of rice soup with a drop of Soya sauce and a few pieces of ginger. Beef could not be found. This was the most disgraceful meal I ever had on a flight, and I fly a lot. Etihad claims to be the world leading airlines, but I wonder who voted for them, certainly not y class passenger.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Dave Houlihan    (UAE)

AUH-DUB return J class. Limo pick up on time and friendly, check in a breeze, the one negative thing I find with this review is AUH airport and this is not Etihad's fault. The place was manic, lounge is not up to the mark, place packed, looks shabby, too small. Queue for the flight no Biz class lane, had to fight to get to the front, all biz passengers totally confused whilst Y class Pax gave dirty looks as we were finally let through to board first. On board all great staff, food, wines, seat and on time. Return lounge in Dublin is fantastic, very comfortable, fine dining, staff professional. Again return staff great, food and beverage super, etc. Arrival fast track and into limo in 20 minutes. good job just sort out AUH airport.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by V Sharpe    (Australia)

To be perfectly honest two of the four flights by Etihad were ok. However, the other two were so bad that they are hard to forget. The cabin crew on these two trips were mostly indifferent and disorganised. The seats were hard, narrow and uncomfortable and with two tired children crying as well due to the huge delays, it all added up! We had a bassinet seat and were told on the phone that we could use a bassinet, but when we got there, they said the baby was too big. The baby never got fed on any of the trips without asking and literally begging. After one hour and 40 minutes after adult meals were served and asking six times we were given tinned baby food! Buzzers elicited no response. After a huge unexplained delay with no food or water for the children, we were allowed on the plane. The food situation was disorganised and haphazard-the food was awful. The missed connections were covered, but there was more waits for hotels and transport etc. After all the fuss we got about 2 hours sleep before our connecting flight the next day. The two trips that were better, were shorter (6.5 hours) and had less people on them. On both these trips we got help from an excellent nanny and some good service from that person. On one of these trips we got champagne, but this was after my finger got jammed in the TV. Food was bad on all trips-seats were poor and the baby not catered for at all.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Regina Smith    (Australia)

Disorganised ground staff and process, particularly at Abu Dhabi. Late departures, poor lounges/terminals/gates at Heathrow and Abu Dhabi. Chaotic boarding. I had not flown with Etihad before. Won't fly again. Qantas a much better flying experience. Food service outside of meals on 7 hour flight was poor - I had to ask three times for a cup of tea. Staff polite but uninterested. Disappointed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by S Martin    (Australia)

Flew SYD-AUH-GRU-AUH-SYD. My SYD-AUH flight was operated by Virgin Australia and was an excellent experience that I will not comment on here. The other three flights were operated by Etihad, which were fine enough. AUH-GRU and return was on an A340 - the planes felt a little old but there was plenty of space compared to most economy seats I've been in. However, AUH-SYD was on a B777 with quite possibly the worst economy long-haul seat I've experienced. The plane was nice and new, and the IFE was excellent, but the 3-4-3 layout meant the seat width was very narrow and uncomfortable, even for a skinny guy like myself. It was hard to walk up and down the aisles to get to the bathrooms due to lack of space - kept bumping into people, and I'm glad I wasn't sitting in an aisle seat otherwise I would have been extremely annoyed by this. Virgin Australia use a 3-3-3 layout on the exact same plane and it was very comfortable. Etihad need to learn something from their partner.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by J Roberts    (UK)

I flew back from Bangkok to Manchester via Abu Dhabi on 16th/17th July. Firstly, my outgoing journey to BKK was pretty good - I have no complaints other than the usual for me, not enough leg room (I am 6ft 3) however I am yet to fly with any carrier that I wouldn't say this about. The return journey was okay initially, the flight left BKK on time and arrived in Abu Dhabi as scheduled. We boarded the Abu Dhabi - Manchester flight about 30 minutes late and were removed from the aircraft because of a 'maintenance issue' about 20 minutes after embarking. We were then told we could 'show our boarding pass to any of the restaurants in the departure lounge and we'd be able to get some food and a drink. Attempting this proved impossible, I was told I needed a voucher from Etihad and wouldn't get anything unless I did. So a 25 minute queue for the voucher. Back to get some food. Oh, the voucher only entitles me to what? A doughnut and a coffee! A 6.5 hr delay and this is all that was offered, I was pretty disappointed and felt like this was in contradiction to Etihad's excellent reputation. We were eventually boarded on a flight some 7hrs later and whilst on-board the crew and staff were very attentive and professional. They provided a great service however the huge delay put a dampener on my return trip.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by L Manley    (Singapore)

Very disappointed. Flew Singapore to Brisbane in July and from the moment we were ushered from the very average lounge to the gate (only to find flight delayed 1.5hours) things went downhill. Seats extremely small for business class. I am an average size western female and found the business class space tight in comparison to other airlines. Champagne served immediately. After discussing our need to make a tight connection in Brisbane with the cabin crew we were assured each time we enquired (3 during flight) that our daughter would be bought through from economy so we could exit quickly, that the ground crew had been notified and that there would be ground crew to assist us to make connection. None of this happened! We fly on average twice per month and will not fly Etihad again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Hendrik Bentjes    (Netherlands)

AMS-BKK, 17 July 2014 with a stopover in Abu-Dhabi. Packed madhouse on the EY 408. The flight EY408 - Abu Dhabi- BKK was just cancelled and merged with EY 404. The reason was that both aircraft's were half full. Packed accordingly and left 3 hours later. Originally I had carefully selected window seat 52A but had now been put down in the middle on seat 47E. Cabin layout seats was 3-4-3. Seats are so tight. After hours of waiting, I discovered my suitcase was not on the plane! My luggage was supplied one day later to my hotel.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Michael Schade    (United Arab Emirates)

AUH-DUS return. The started on a rather bad note as the limousine did not show up. Calling the call center is a waste of time as they are rude and never call back. I took a cab and rushed to the airport. I had to fight for my taxi money, but got it back. The flights were uneventful, the usual long, but very narrow sleeper beds, well presented, but not very tasty meals, and the overworked and understaffed crew in C class. Etihad is an ok carrier, but cannot be compared with its South East Asian competitors.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by E Rogers    (Australia)

We had 3 flights with Ethiad (Australia - Europe - return) and the staff were miserable - we felt we couldn't even ask for a glass of water outside of the food service. There was no pre-boarding for families with kids which a few years ago for us was invaluable (with SIA of course). Our last flight, Abu Dhabi to Perth today was over booked and an employee stood at the gate and announced "boarding now" so it wasn't done in seat order - absolute chaos. A family of 4 with kids under 3 was sat 2 and 2 on opposite sides of the aircraft. Abu Dhabi airport is chaotic and officious (although the Premier Inn for an overnight stay when we had an 8 hr layover outbound was the highlight and very good). The aircraft spent ages taxiing after landing (outbound and inbound) with no communication from the cockpit and likewise our last flight left an hour late with no announcement as to why. The attendant call button is very loud and seems to sound continuously throughout the flight - why can't the volume be turned down or the staff rely on a light? The temperature kept going from hot to cold and back again - very unpleasant. Overall not great and we won't go again - what you see on the advert is definitely not what you get.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by P Priyanu    (Germany)

20/7/2014, Bangkok - Abu Dhabi : Business Class, 777-300er. Nothing special compared to the Business Class of other airlines. Abu Dhabi - Munich: First Class, A340-600: I was so looking forward to be seated in the First Class again and Etihad never fail to impress me from the chef to the cabin crew. So nice and friendly from Abu Dhabi until we landed in Munich.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Ranjith Prabu    (USA)

We had the most disappointing experience with Etihad. We travelled SFO-LAX-AUH-MAA both ways. On our way to Chennai, both the flights were delayed and missed our connection flight to Chennai. We had to stand in the line for the flight transfer desk for 3 hours and stay in an airport hotel for a day. The return trip was 'lovelier'. The flight from Chennai landed in Abu Dhabi on time but was stranded on the runway for an hour and a half. So we missed our connection flight to LA and we are standing in the line at the flight transfer desk for 2 hours and still counting. We would not recommend this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by P Priyanu    (Germany)

11/7/2014: Munich - Abu Dhabi: First Class: Atlantic lounge/Europa Lounge in Munich was not really quite what I had expected but as soon as I boarded the plane to my surprise the First Class suite was really nice. The seat was really comfortable, the chef and the cabin crew were very nice and friendly. I managed to sleep all the way from Munich to Abu Dhabi after my light dinner which was prepared on my request. Abu Dhabi - Bangkok: Business Class: I was rather disappointed as the seat was rather narrow and not as comfortable as I had expected but it was ok. It was a big change from First Class to Business Class. The service was also not bad at all.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by C Fonseca    (United Arab Emirates)

EY 641, 8 July 2014, AUH-NBO. EY 642, 12 July 2014, NBO-AUH. We expected much more. Both our flights, we had inattentive crew, malfunctioning and/or broken seat equipment and IFE, weird menu options. When trying to view 'our Network' the IFE the screen simply went blank and showed a white fuzzy box. Looking in the magazine or asking crew members did not make matters better. Offering bags of plastic packaged caramel corn before landing also seemed a bit off for an award winning airline. Both of our flights departed and arrived very, very late, as well. The only positive for them is the quality of economy class headsets, and honestly, outside of that the experience on their competition, especially Emirates, is far superior!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Pierre Jean Trebuchet    (United Arab Emirates)

BKK-AUH, July 10th. An extremely unpleasant experience from the beginning to the end: chaotic check-in at BKK airport, flight delayed, no explanation or apologies. Equipment was an overcrowded Airbus 340-600, we were packed like sardines and temperature was extremely hot inside the airplane. Staff were rude and unprofessional. No efforts to bring the temperature down, no water service, I had to ask 3 times for a glass of water. Luggage delivery was also delayed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Roy Burgess    (Australia)

I have just completed a 6 week holiday with my wife, and had the unfortunate experience of flying Etihad on 4 occasions. The airline promises one thing and delivers another ie: we had a 3hour delay at MEL, which meant we missed our connecting flight at Abu Dhabi so had another 2 hour delay, which meant we were almost 6 hours late arriving in London. On the return trip we left Dublin nearly 2 hours late, which really didn't matter as the flight from Abu Dhabi to MEL was delayed by well over an hour. I found the staff at the airport and onboard rude and not receptive to customers requests. 777-300 - a very cramped, uncomfortable and noisy aircraft.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by K Jarvis    (Australia)

Very disappointed with Etihad, planes late on two occasions already and now waiting in a crummy business lounge in Athens with another late plane. They only give one hour's WIFi in what is supposed to be a business class lounge and the place is hot, with second rate food and service and in appropriate seating design. Entertainment system was not working in my business class seat on the way over. First world problem I know, but you pay a lot for these seats and they knew the seat had issues from previous flights but still put me in it. Just not good enough. Never flying them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Anirudh Jain    (Indonesia)

Highly rated airlines but a totally disappointing experience. Food is really bad and the seats are really tight. Took a return flight from KL to Sao Paulo and for such a long journey the seats were really uncomfortable. Not to mention that the flight was delayed for 3 out of the 4 legs. The change over in Abu Dhabi was a bad experience as well. The change of flight required extensive walking with a 2 hr lay over only and had to go through a long line for x-ray again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by D van Liempd    (Denmark)

Flew Manchester-Abu Dhabi-Singapore-Brisbane in December 2013 and now Brisbane-Singapore-Abu Dhabi-Brussels and on both legs all flights were great. Very nice and friendly personnel, great good with good choices, good entertainment system, colouring packs and games for the children, everything was great. Would definitely recommend them and fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2014 by K Matthews    (Australia)

MEL to AUH. Flight was late leaving with no explanation. The seat was very uncomfortable, being hard and with no support at all. There were no headphones for the inflight AV so this needed to be requested. The sound quality from the headphones was distorted with high pitched noises making listening to anything unpleasant. The flight attendant took orders for dinner which served after midnight local time. The meal was adequate but nothing unusual or noteworthy. After dinner that was the last I saw of any flight attendant until breakfast was served many hours later. For some reason I was overlooked by the flight attendant and received no breakfast, in fact I was not even asked if I wanted coffee or water. This would be unacceptable in economy class and certainly is so in business class. The flight attendant did speak to me when he wanted to sell me tax free goods from the catalogue. I will not be booking Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by A Crawford    (UK)

EY20, 28th November and EY17 on 3rd Nov 2013. Would definitely fly them again, everything was immaculate, the crew at LHR/AUH and on the aircraft and the aircraft itself. I was sat in coral economy and had more legroom than any carrier I've been on in that class, the IFE system was great, brilliant selection of TV, Films, Music, games and more. 3 choices of main meal in economy as well as snack service and obviously drinks. You may pay a little more, but the service and the airline itself is definitely worth it.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by A Cooper    (Australia)

Had the misfortune of flying Melbourne - Washington DC via AUH last year in December. The planes were old and shabby. On one of the legs I was forced to sit in one of the 'love seats' with a complete stranger. I couldn't sleep as I had to keep moving his leg off my bed, yes they really are that close! Complained to the airline via email, they chose not to respond.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 July 2014 by K Higgins    (UK)

Flew to Thailand on 15th June, returned on 23rd June. Flights EY16 and EY402. Returning EY401 and EY15. I have flown with Etihad many years, maybe not again. I am over six foot in height and I think Etihads seats are made for small people. Manchester to Abu Dhabi and then Bangkok I was very uncomfortable all the way. Asked for extra legroom at Manchester and was told it would be £59 extra to Abu Dhabi and then pay extra again at Abu Dhabi to Bangkok. The food was adequate and TV entertainment average. Being an Etihad gold member I have seen Etihads quality go down. Very disappointed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Mullinar Liz    (Australia)

This is my preferred airline. Why? Because the service is excellent, you feel as if you are travelling business class, nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Entertainment is the best with excellent earphones. I had to travel Virgin Australia on my way back from Paris to Sydney, oh the difference, Etihad every time.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Scholfield    (UK)

LHR-AUH-KUL and back. LHR to AUH on Boeing 777 3x4x3 configuration, AUH to KUL on Airbus A330, 2x4x2 configuration. Very good value for money, quite short connection times but not a problem even though AUH is very busy. Cabin crew immaculately presented and actually looked like they enjoyed their job. Good IFE with great selection of films and it was easy to use. Food and drink was ok although I didn't have the snacks. MY only complaint were the seats, they were rock hard and it felt like sitting on a slab of concrete after 6 hours. However that's the only real negative and I would fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by T Cross    (UK)

Flew MAN-AUH-BKK all on B777-300. Outbound no particular problems though the food offered was at best average. Inbound a different story. Food poor, entertainment system barely worked, had to be reset 3 times, but the worst - aircraft boarding. At AUH, organised boarding, no way, no young families first, no row selection, just 1 mad free for all on an almost full aircraft. Total disgrace for a 4* rated airline, more like a cheap budget outfit. Not my first choice to get my custom again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Kay George    (UK)

I travel to Melbourne from Manchester once or twice a year. This was my first trip with Etihad. The chauffeur was excellent but had not been given the correct information as to where to pick me up. Fortunately, he sent a text and I found him and was in plenty of time so no worries. Unlike the other airlines I have flown with, I did not feel 'looked after'. I have a gluten free diet and at the first meal, the cabin crew apologised not only for there being no g/f bread but also for the very tired looking meal. The standard of food was not what I expected. I loved the configuration of the seats affording excellent privacy but was glad I am neither claustrophobic nor overweight. At Abu Dhabi the walk to the gate from the cramped lounge was very long. I felt quite ill and asked for some water to take some painkillers but was told to walk 'downstairs' to buy some. A member of staff eventually produced a bottle of water. The next leg was a repeat of the first, apologies for lack of bread (I do not need bread, it would have been simpler just to say nothing) and very poor food. However, I slept well and there was wifi on board, which for me is a huge bonus although there is a cost to this. This flight fell below my previous experiences on the MAN - MEL route.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Frank Simon    (Germany)

I upped my Pearl Economy ticket to Pearl Business via Etihad bidding. Flew the first leg of my trip home (BKK- AUH). Airplane was one of the older (two class) 777-300ER of Etihad Airways. Seat area layout was ok, especially when travelling alone and having one of the separated seats open to the aisle. I would not want to sit in one of the 'couple seats' with a complete stranger. Seat size was below optimum for a 1.88m/6'3'' person like me, as in the maximum reclined position I wasn't able to stretch out completely. Putting one leg in the aisle was not causing a problem due to generous space, especially when compared to the extremely narrow economy class aisle in 3-4-3 configured 777s. Power sockets and USB-Plug-in were somewhat randomly put into several areas, and the table was too far from the person to enjoy the meal in an upright Position. The layout was clearly lacking storage room for something small like earphone case or iphone. No noise suppressing headphones were provided although announced in the ad (Website). I used my own ones and was able to sleep rather comfortably for most of the six hour flight. Food was ok but nothing much to write home about, relatively small choice (again not really according to the advertised super cuisine). Overall a nice experience, made the second leg in the extremely cramped economy class of a (nevertheless brand new) Airbus A330 of Air Berlin even more painful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by James Plakal    (USA)

EY 130, 24 May. EY 268, 25 May. EY 269, 11 Jun. EY131, 11 Jun. Flew IAD-AUH-MAA last month. Very good flight. I was asked to move from the seat that I had selected which I did not like. Food, service etc excellent. Polite staff.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Slark Anthony    (Nepal)

I had to fly urgently from my home in Kathmandu to London and only Etihad had the dates and times I wanted. My flight was EY 11 on 26th June, AUH-LHR, Economy seat number 23D. It was a Boeing 777. After my last two terrible experiences with the seating, I had vowed never to use Etihad again but this time I had no choice. The experience was just as terrible with these ten across tiny seats. It's a shame because the cabin service and meals were as usual excellent. I will be travelling by Qatar Airways, Oman Air or Air India whenever possible in the future and I will use Etihad as a last resort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Scott Wales    (Australia)

Flew Sydney to Manchester return Business Class. New Business Class seats are very good.. I got the old seat from AUH-SYD and you can definitely see the improvement. Food was good. Other airlines do offer a bigger Menu. Lounge in Terminal 3 AUH very disappointing, too small and at Peak times standing room only. Etihad's main competition Emirates offer a better overall product. Etihad are trying to keep up with Emirates. They are trying to grow very quickly but missing some of the simple little things that make a great airline such as Singapore or Emirates.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by E Edwards    (UK)

Flew LHR-AUH-BKK, was dreading flight as planes got changed to the 777 at short notice and I had previously seen the reviews of that plane on here. I was really impressed with leg room and seat comfort even though 3-4-3 seating. I don't see what people have been complaining about. I found it more comfortable then Emirates, BA and other major airlines. The entertainment was great and the food was excellent. Would recommend Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by P Varley McLeod    (Australia)

I recent flew numerous sectors with Etihad in Business Class. The cabin crew seem to enjoy their job and this shows. The Business Class product is excellent except for the smaller A320 aircraft. Very old and dingy interior. The Flagship Business Class Lounge in Abu Dhabi in the mornings is a complete joke. This lounge is something you'd except from a 1 star airline. I did though have the pleasure to experience the lounge mid-morning and it was very pleasant. Staff even remember my face from previous visits and coffee choice. The Etihad Chauffeur is also fantastic along with the dedicated Business/First check-in. Cannot fault this airline and it will continue to be my airline of choice!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by A Clarke    (UAE)

I flew from Abu Dhabi to New York, the plane was not an Etihad plane but an Indian Jet Airways plane. The plane was filthy, they ran out of water and the toilets were so dirty my colleague were reluctant to use them. A 14 hour flight. Numerous people complained. Etihad code share with so many people now its a gamble what sort of plane and service you are going to get. I used to love Etihad but you no longer get what you pay for.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by David Feehan    (UK)

Flew with MAN-AUH-NRT and back. Flights to and from MAN were on 777-300. These planes are very cramped in 3-4-3 configuration. That said, staff were courteous and the food perfectly acceptable. However the perennial problems with delays leaving Manchester reared their ugly head (apparently waiting for passengers from a connecting flight which has arrived some time before the scheduled departure). This resulted in a mad dash transferring through AUH to get my connection to NRT. Flights to and from NRT were on A330 which seemed much more spacious in terms of legroom. As the flight to NRT was half-empty, there was plenty of room to stretch out. Arrival at NRT spoilt by the non-arrival of my baggage. Credit where it's due, the Etihad representative was straight on the phone to track it down, but this has happened to about 12 people on the flight. Even more disturbing, the Etihad rep had told me that it happened to 7 people the day before. Service on the flight was perfectly acceptable, but the delays and transit issues at AUH and temporary lost baggage spoilt the "Etihad Experience" for me.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Jain Mohit    (India)

Flew coral economy class DEL-AUH-DEL and was very impressed and comfortable. Cabin crew on both legs very professional and also very friendly at the same time. Food quality was very good. This is part of the flight experience. Good food, good clarity on the screen for the on demand media, and they also have decent noise cancelling headphones. Service was good, even though the flight was full.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Denis    (Australia)

Flew Athens-Sydney and had pre-allocated seats down the back (A and C) so wife and I would not be hassled by adjacent traveler in overnight flight. At check-in we were changed to BC seat with no explanation, nor would they change it. Seat A was occupied and plane only 60% full. After takeoff I moved to vacant aisle seat with no one beside me. Mid flight a stewardess pushed 2 more into the seats next to me. Why, as there were other vacant seats? I checked our original seat allocation and found 1 child under 5 occupying both A/C seats with parents in aisle seat with 2 spare seats next to them. That's unbelievable. Terrible flight and can't believe how poor seat allocation is. I will not fly Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by John Ravlich    (Australia)

We flew from Milan to Abu Dhabi and on to Sydney on May 24th and enjoyed the flight very much. The flight departed both Milan and Abu Dhabi on time. The Aircraft's were clean and comfortable. The meals were tasty and the cabin service excellent, the flight crew were attentive and prompt in handling any request.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by A Domican    (Ireland)

Flew business class Dublin to Abu Dhabi return and was very impressed. The driver collected us on time and the lounge in Dublin is excellent. Cabin crew on both legs very professional and also very friendly at the same time. Food and wine top notch, and loved the fact you can eat when you want and what you want. The beds are narrow but comfortable. The only gripe is that the lounge in Abu Dhabi is dreadful. Its overcrowded and too small. To say this is their signature lounge is a joke. Passengers were sitting on the floor as there were not enough seats! This is part of the flight experience, but its letting the product down big time.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Raymundo Licuanan    (Kuwait)

Flew KWI-AUH, and AUH-MNL on 15-16 May 2014, and then MNL-AUH and AUH-KWI on 8 June 2014 . In-flight food, service, entertainment in all flights, and Premium Lounge were quite superb. Staff were accommodating. Special lanes for the Business Class passengers now exists again. I had much better experience now, than the last flight I had with Etihad last December 2013 and January 2014.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by June Williams    (Australia)

Flew MEL-AUH-AMS. Seats were cramped. Food was pretty good and so was the entertainment. Flight attendants were ok but they were quite peculiar about giving you more water. Being on planes for more than 15+ hours, one gets dehydrated. Clean up after meals were too slow. It took them more than half an hour to come back and collect the rubbish. Transiting through Abu Dhabi was horrible. They make you go through security again, and on our flight back to Melbourne, we had to go through security twice. Boarding and transiting logistics needs to be looked at it's it not streamlined, overlaps and absolutely chaotic. Other than the transiting in Abu Dhabi, flight was pleasant.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by S Neela Sukhanya    (India)

On our outward trip from Abu Dhabi to Johannesburg I was allocated seat no 22c and my husband was allocated seat no 22a next to me, but for reasons unknown ground staff decided to change my husbands seat to 26g. This was done without consulting us. Assuming that the passenger seated next to me must have made a specific request for that seat, I was surprised to learn from her that she has made no such request. When I pointed this out to the air hostess she was apologetic though it was not her fault. For a flight of 9 hours my husband and I were made to sit apart. On our return from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi we a group of 9 adults who are strict vegetarians had to make do with bread and juice and a couple of packets of nuts as our meal request for avml or asian vegetarian meal was not showing in their system. To sum it up our experience with Etihad was bad and the only saving grace was the air hostesses who were very considerate.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Pamela Anthony    (Malaysia)

Travelled from KUL to Munich early May and awaiting my return flight at Munich airport. Flight to Munich was delayed by an hour with no explanation or apology by the pilot. On the return flight I asked to be upgraded to business class and was quite happy to pay a surcharge but was shocked that the surcharge was the price of my Return Economy. Seats are cramped and uncomfortable and in flight entertainment is terrible. I will never ever fly Etihad ever again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Vivien Simon    (Australia)

The crew that make the difference on a journey. SYD-AUH-LHR in April 2014. The crew from Sydney were far superior to the AUH-LHR crew. Both were competent but the first crew were better. The comfort level is high in Business Class and the starlight effect in the cabin is lovely. The food on varies from good to excellent, depending on choice. The wine list is quite nice, but I hope next time they will have changed their champagne.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by E Laher    (South Africa)

The service on Etihad is possibly the worst. Booked special meals which never arrived on a long haul flight from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi. The same happen on our flight from Jeddah to Abu Dhabi. The seating on flights to and from South Africa is really poor, On our flight 21 April 2014, two emergency exist doors did not operate. Delays experienced on at least 2 hours from Jeddah and Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Yeasin    (USA)

17 hours I was in Abu Dhabi international airport on my way to New York because the flight EY 253 was delay about one hour. It was not only me, there were about 20 passengers from different countries also sitting on chair for delay. The airport people only gave us two meal voucher nothing else.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 May 2014 by J Gage    (UK)

I have flown Etihad 4 times in the last 12 months. Each time the service gets poorer. Last time 27th April I was rescheduled Manchester to Heathrow to Bangkok. I was assured there was ample time to transfer from T1 to T3 LHR .Not so had to dash only made it because BKK flight was delayed. I do not need such stress. Now the return leg on 18th May from BKK to AUH. No member of cabin staff identified me as a gold member, each request was declined and the stewardess was totally out of her depth. for example when I asked for a glass of dessert wine I was told I would have to wait until business class was finished and see if there was any left. One hour and 25 mins later it arrived. By such time I had lost the will to complain . On the flight from AUH to MAN I was boarding with business class passengers . As I entered the aircraft the cabin crew manager said to the gentleman in front 'lovely to see you again sir, through to the right' - to myself "in there to the left" with a look of disdain, then to the next two behind lovely to see you etc. As a frequent flier and gold card holder I feel the treatment I received was abysmal.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 May 2014 by San Raja    (USA)

New York to Abu Dhabi is one of the worst flights I have traveled. Seats are cramped and extremely uncomfortable, not much leg room. Cabin was too cold and cabin crew was not helpful. Food was not great. I had a horrible experience and it took 2 days to recover from all the tiredness. Don't try this airline, even though they offer a the cheapest price.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 May 2014 by J Denis    (Australia)

Travelling Etihad Airways from Athens-AbuDhabi-Sydney was terrible. More crowded than domestic seating, seat allocation changed for no apparent reason and my wife and I stuffed into Seats B/C with A occupied, when only 60% full. I moved to another unoccupied E aisle seat with 2 vacant spots beside me and during middle of night for unknown reason flight attendant installed 2 more people next to me. Unbelievable. Checked our original 2 seat allocation and it was occupied by one child under 6 with spare seats next to her parents in middle seats. Unbelievable. Never Etihad Airways again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 May 2014 by A Crafar    (New Zealand)

I was traveling with my fiance and mother from NZ to Manchester in April 2014. On the SYD to AUH flight I had a live crawling beetle in my salad. I alerted cabin crew who attempted to remove it and return my salad to me! After following up the whole flight she finally said she had submitted an incident report. On the AUH to MAN flight the cabin staff gave our vegetarian meal to the family behind us. They started eating it and then the staff realised they had made a mistake so they removed the meal from the family behind us and gave it straight to us. The staff never returned when we requested water and it usually took 3 or 4 times until we got water. When I laid a complaint to the head office they offered my free guest miles and we stand by our great service and are offering you these guest miles. And that was it.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Sahir Sharuz    (USA)

I am very disappointed by Etihad Airways. They changed my flight timings without even considering my schedule. They have messed up my domestic flight timings with out even considering that it is prepaid already. The only solution Etihad Airways could engage was to persuade me into cutting my trip short or make it longer which I cant .The other solution Etihad encouraged me to partake was giving me a full refund. Its so easy for Etihad Airways to dump a customer off the cliff. Happily they try so hard to take your money when a deal is made but, engaging in solution is something you are poor at. I work full time. I am an employee who has to make precise schedule to make that once in a life time trip to see his family in a short notice. Very disappointed!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Sivapriya Kumar    (USA)

I have traveled Emirates, Qatar Airways, Lufthansa, British Airways, Air India and Etihad Airways so far in the last few years. But the staff service I received from Etihad Airways was so bad that I am writing this immediately after my travel. I was travelling with my 1 year old daughter and was surprised by the attitude of the Air Hostesses and other cabin staff. They were least friendly and least helpful when you ask them anything. I needed some help with my bags to be put in the compartments above the seat and I asked a staff to help me, as I had my daughter who was not very happy either. But I was told point blank that she cannot carry my bags. During the flight I asked for some warm milk for my daughter and the staff gave a cup of cold milk (after asking a couple of times). When I asked if they can help me get the milk warmed, I was again told clearly that, that is all they can do and they can't warm the milk. Then I had to request them a few times to finally get the milk warmed. I am just putting down a couple of things here. But the experience was bad to worse and it all had to do with an unfriendly and unhelpful staff.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Aspi Dubash    (Sri Lanka)

My wife and myself went to Colombo airport and got checked in for a flight to Munich via Abu Dhabi. The flight was in the initial beginning was late by one hour. The Etihad ground staff knew about this problem but still issued us both the Boarding Passes, Colombo to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi To Munich. On the flight we asked the Purser and the Air Hostess to check with the Pilot about our connecting flight in Abu Dhabi. All three assured us that we will be able to catch the connecting flight. Upon landing at Abu Dhabi airport we were met by a Etihad ground staff who told us that the connecting flight had left for Munich 1.5 hours ago. So all that assurance by the Pilot and the Purser was a lie. We were made to do immigration formalities and brought to the baggage collection carousel. The baggage took exactly one hour and twenty minutes to arrive. We were not offered any water nor a place to sit, no one was kind nor helpful at the airport. We were handed over to Etihad Airways staff, who was the rudest I have ever known. Just because she is of Arab origin she thought that everybody else are low down. She took us to the taxi rank at the airport and handed us over to a taxi driver who drove us off to Dubai. She also told us that there will a person from Etihad who will take care of us at the Dubai Terminal. Finally we reached Dubai Emirates Business Terminal and got ourselves checked in. What a difference from the Emirates Staff compared to the Etihad staff. Nobody at Etihad Airways cared a damn and they were not bothered.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by John O'Shea    (Ireland)

Business class DUB-AUH-SYD and MEL-AUH-DUB. All flights were excellent. First rate staff and top quality meals. Seat comfort could be improved, but only slightly. Otherwise, very happy!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Y Lou    (Lebanon)

My flight was delayed 7 hours with no notice. Bad customer service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Bangkok to Doha via Abu Dhabi. Bangkok to Abu Dhabi new B777-300ER. Excellent service, delicious meals, great IFE, comfortable seats. Abu Dhabi to Doha on A319. A 40 minute flight but hot sandwich was served with drinks, superb service. This airline is cheap compared to Emirates or Qatar Airways.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Marco Bella    (Italy)

Totally disappointed by Etihad . Flight delayed 15 hours without notice, no customer service, baggage lost. I am trying to contact lost and found since 4 hours and I have not received a reply yet. Staff is not helpful and the Abu Dhabi airport did not have enough facilities to accommodate all the passengers. I do not suggest to fly with this company.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by N Senior    (UK)

My wife and I flew Etihad from London-Abu Dhabi-Male on the outward journey of our holiday. Due to a major (unresolved) issue on the outward journey, Etihad offered us ‘Meet and Assist’ and (if available) Pearl Class upgrade for the return journey from Bangkok-Abu Dhabi-London. We will see if they manage to redeem themselves.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by W Hickling    (UK)

Manchester to Trivandrum via Ab Dhabi. We were pleasantly surprised, and no problem with the flights, the service and the transfer through Abu Dhabi. The seats on the shorter flight to Trivandrum were comfier than the 7 hour flight, and we didn't enjoy the food very much - but that may be a personal thing! Flight attendants pleasant. No problems on the return journey, apart from a queue between terminals at Abu Dhabi - however it moved quickly and we were not inconvenienced. All flights on time.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 May 2014 by M Sawar    (USA)

EY 102, JFK-AUH, business, 5/3/14. EY 233, AUH-ISB, business, 5/4/14. EY 232, ISB-AUH, business, 5/10/14. EY 101, AUH-JFK First, 5/10/14. Ground crew are quite unhelpful to the point of being rude. The airport facilities at Abu Dhabi including the business and first class lounges were dirty and unkempt. The staff there was quite rude and unprofessional.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by D Pluck    (UK)

We had 4 flights with them and all 4 were late, one by as much as 11 hours. Not a good start! With regard to the longest delay, we were put into a "first class hotel". I do not call Premier Inn first class! We were told that we would have a chauffeur car to get there. After a 30 minute wait, we ascertained that the hotel was some 200 metres away so we walked, having wasted half an hour. On the return flight to Heathrow, we witnessed a blatant disregard to the general safety regulations when a young female continued to occupy a seat next to an emergency door when it was very obvious that she would have been unable to carry out the special duties that pertain to that position. Finally quite a proportion of inflight entertainment units were inoperable.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Khan Muhammad    (USA)

I flew Etihad on 9 March 2014 from LHE-AUH-IAD. My trip started horribly from LHE, where the Pearl and coral lanes were not even separated, ground staff had no interest towards assisting anyone. It took them 2 hours to give me my boarding pass and they gave me an aisle seat, when I had checked in online with a window seat. The plane was 1 hour late and when I entered the cabin, only 1 flight attendant was there to guide everyone to their seats. No welcome drink served, not even water. After take off the flight attendant brought me someone else's meal and then repeated the same thing again. It was a short flight and had a longer journey ahead. When I arrived at AUH airport, I was happy to see they had extended their terminals and new terminals have been added to the airport. After clearing the security check point, I went to the Pearl lounge and was so disappointed that there was nowhere to sit. I went to the new US Immigration's and Customs area which was done very well. The flight was an hour late. 14 hours to DC was ok, the flight was full so I couldn't get my seat again. I was very disappointed with their inflight entertainment system as it has nothing at all to watch or listen to. Food quality was ok. Landed at IAD, and my limo was not ordered as per the agent at the IAD airport. The bottom line is I have been travelling Qatar Airways for the past 4 years and they are excellent when it comes to taking care of their business class passengers. I hope Etihad improves.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Jeanine Whalley    (Australia)

Melbourne to Seychelles via Abu Dhabi and it was a pretty average flight, small seat pitch, mediocre food, only one drink served on a 13 hour flight. The way home, however, was a different story. On 27th April, the plane took off from the Seychelles 5 hours late due to fog in Abu Dhabi. I knew I would miss my connecting but assured that ground staff in Abu Dhabi had it taken care of. When we arrived, there was no sense of order or anywhere near enough staff. On arrival at 11.10pm I was told to queue at the flight transfer desk. At this point there were two people working the desk. The queue broke up and it became a free for all. After 3 hours of waiting in this queue I was rebooked on a flight to Sydney and then another one on to Melbourne the following day. I arrived in Sydney to find my luggage was not with me. I had obviously missed my next flight, so was rebooked again and found myself back in Melbourne 17 hours later than intended. I finally got my luggage 4 days later.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Hignett Harry    (UK)

EY16, Manchester to Abu Dhabi on 14th April. Business class. Arriving Abu Dhabi there was no gangway we had to disembark using metal steps. There was no handrail and I aged 87 I had difficulty using the steps with very little to help me to climb down. At the same time an elderly lady perhaps not as old as myself but using a walking stick also had difficulty going down to ground level. There ought to have been a handrail. Thursday 1st May on my return at Sydney airport I attempted to find the Business class lounge prior to boarding EY455 Sydney to Abu Dhabi. I walked almost the length to Gate 60 before I found that it was near the Duty Free section. I had waked past with a number of people. The signing was poor and needed an overhead indication. On 3rd May, EY021, Abu Dhabi to Manchester I asked for grilled beefsteak from the main menu only to be informed that it was not available. The alternative from the Anytime Menu was adequate. At all times the staff were extremely efficient pleasant and helpful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

Abu Dhabi to London on 29th April 2014. We flew a Boeing 777-300ER A6-ETN. The seats were very narrow and made you feel claustrophobic due to the 3-4-3 configuration however the comfort of the seat was good, the seats also looked very attractive. The aisles were very narrow and small. The value for money was great, the legroom was decent and the staff service was average. My mother asked for headphones 3 times until someone bothered to fulfil her request. She asked for water a several times and a Air Hostess looked annoyed and gave her a whole bottle. Their attitude needs some sorting out. The food and beverages were great and the IFE was very good too!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

Lahore to Abu Dhabi on 29th April 2014. We flew an Airbus A340-600 A6-EHH. The plane was scheduled to be an Airbus A330-200. Last minute plans from Etihad was made which annoyed me a bit. The cabin seriously needs refurbishing it looks old and worn out inside. The seat comfort was decent and the legroom was good. The cabin crew were rushed and some were kind and some were moody. The value for money was great! The IFE was good and the food and beverages was great!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

Abu Dhabi to Lahore on 31st March 2014. We flew an Airbus A340-600 A6-EHI, the plane seemed a bit old inside and needs refurbishing. The flight was delayed 1 hour 30 mins due to delayed passengers and a sick passenger. When the flight finally took off we we're allowed to use the IFE and the IFE was pretty good. The cabin crew were all a bit moody and rushed which wasn't very helpful at all. The seat comfort was decent and the legroom was good. I liked the configuration of 2-4-2. The meal was also decent.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

London to Abu Dhabi, 31st March 2014. We flew on a Boeing 777-300ER A6-ETL And the configuration of the Coral Economy Class seats were 3-4-3, it made you feel very claustrophobic. It was a struggle to get luggage through the tiny little narrow aisles. To be different from flying the regular PIA we chose Etihad as it was cheaper. The cabin crew were all very nice and kind, the seat had very good comfort. The legroom was okay, the in-flight entertainment was quite good!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Holger Rosemann    (Vietnam)

FRA to SGN in May 2014. Excellent food at any time during the flight. All meals were served with nice silverware and almost to 1st class standard of other airlines. You can choose any course and combination, as much as you like and whenever you like. Excellent in-between-meals and they even reserve you your favourite main dish if you decide to eat later. Toilets are cleaned multiple times. I am 196cm tall and still could sleep on 100% flat beds. Entertainment a bit limited, but headphones comfortable. Amenities bag complete with socks, ear plugs, hand and face moisturiser, tooth brush and toothpaste of high quality. Most importantly and above all: the staff including ground staff in the lounges and check-in in FRA and AUH. I have never been in a better lounge then the Etihad lounge in FRA (except may be the Lufthansa HON lounge in FRA, but that is a different world of it's now).

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Vivien Moss    (UK)

Our direct flight to Manchester was overbooked travelling from Abu Dhabi to Manchester. we were unceremoniously rushed on to a flight to Heathrow. My husband who has dementia and was seated in another section of the plane to me! We were given vouchers to spend and advised these could be used on Duty free goods, this was not so. As we are unable to fly again vouchers are worthless.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Francois Goreux    (France)

SYD-CDG via AUH. Very pleasantly surprised. Good service (FA's were friendly and attentive), more than decent food, and great inflight entertainment system, with live television! Only minus was the B777, on the SYD-AHU leg of the trip, which was definitely showing its age. Overall would more than recommend flying Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Carl Maslen    (UK)

London to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi on 22nd April returning 30th April. Flying First and Business class - the worst experience I have had on an airline. Delayed 2 hours at Heathrow (no reason given), had to go on a later flight from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok, again delayed 2 hours, each time we were just sat on the plane waiting. Service on the plane very poor. Although no delays on return service was very poor again. Seemed like air crew had no interest in passengers, only their own comfort. Staff in airport lounges disinterested with very rude tone.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Cordelia Williams    (UK)

I flew First Class from LHR-AUH-SIN-BNE and back again. I must say, the service was excellent. Our steward was very attentive and only wanted to please. The food was excellent, although I did expect breakfast to be served a bit earlier on when flying from SIN-BNE. I was slightly disappointed with the Inflight Entertainment system. It was not as good as British Airways, simply because there was not as much choice. On the return journey, it seemed like I had watched everything twice over. However, I rather liked how the system did not turn off when the plane was beginning it's descent as it often does with other airlines. The steward was very helpful when it came to disembarking the plane. I was struggling to unload all my things and manage to my two young boys. He took my boys and led them off the plane. This is my first time travelling Etihad, normally I would use BA or Cathay Pacific but I have converted over to Etihad now! Overall, the best flight experience I have had. I fly at least once a month to AUH, business class and every six months I fly First to Australia, and will definitely be using Etihad for my future travels.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 April 2014 by L Elston    (UK)

Worst flight I have been on. My husband and I flew Business class from Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow in pre-booked seats. A mother and child of 4 had been allocated seats apart which is appalling, and we were asked by cabin crew if we would change seats with them just for take off as the little boy was upset. Deceitful cabin crew wouldn't let us return to our seats and we had to sit apart for the whole journey. Dishonest and conniving, complained to Etihad, they don't want to know.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Abdul Qayyum    (UK)

Flew on 14/4/2014 from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and then onto Jeddah. The first leg of the journey was good but the second leg was of much lower standard with one hour delay at Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 April 2014 by AJ Nathan    (USA)

Flew ORD-MAA-ORD in March/April this year. The good: Food and drink choices were very good, inflight crew did they best they could. Entertainment system is among the best. The bad: Cramped seating on 10 abreast 777-300. Some airlines increase seat pitch in this configuration but Etihad still uses 31" pitch. This was unbearable especially on the 15 hour flight from Abu Dhabi to Chicago. No concept of boarding zones. All 4 flights were delayed by at least 1 hour. Connecting in Abu Dhabi is a nightmare. They make you go through security just before boarding, which is a primary reason for delays. Buses take passengers to smaller planes. Too many passengers are packed into one bus for a very uncomfortable 20 minute ride. Neutral: US CBP pre-clearance is nice to have but adds to delays. It was already past departure time when passengers were in the US Immigration line. All Etihad flights from Abu Dhabi to the US are delayed by at least 2 hours because of this.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by James Choochot    (UK)

MAN to BKK via AUH and return. Generally faultless service. Staff polite yet not too intrusive. Drinks offered on boarding with offer to request cruising drinks and menu, although an anytime menu is available. I slept well on most flights. AUH to MAN delayed with little information given, the lounge staff just kept topping up my champagne glass. Flight delay caused by a child misbehaving. Amenity packs have improved. Chauffeur service excellent.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by John Nickols    (Australia)

Flew BNE - Kuala Lumpur- BNE for Easter. Have previously flown from BNE to UK with Emirates and Singapore Airlines but will now fly only Etihad. Great service, great food and plenty of it, very friendly and obliging staff.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by H Hussain    (Canada)

Very good flight from YYZ-AUH. The staff were attentive and polite, overall quite satisfied with their service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by T Tye    (UK)

25th March, Manchester to Abu Dhabi to Bangkok and flew home 9th April, Phuket to Abu Dhabi to Manchester. Flight numbers: EY22, EY408, EY1999, EY15. We flew with Etihad for the first time and it will be the last time, there was nothing positive to say about the flight. The seats were so uncomfortable and only acceptable if you are a sardine, the food was awful and the air crew were very unprofessional. We have flown with Thai and Eva Air who were fantastic. My husband is very tall and had a miserable flight, in my opinion Etihad have spent all their money on the football team and not on their airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by L Morrison    (UK)

Excellent flight from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi. Good comfortable flat beds with extremely attentive staff. Food hot and tasty well presented and an abundance of alcoholic drinks if desired. Toilets very clean and attended to extremely frequently. Entertainment was fine and just right for the length of flight 7 hours. I have travelled several times with Qatar and Emirates, Etihad are just as good.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Ali Ahmed    (USA)

My wife and 4 kids including a toddler took a flight from Karachi to Chicago via Abu Dhabi and from Chicago to San Antonio. The stay at Abu Dhabi was 1 hour 45 minutes. Due to heavy crowds, long waiting lines and less staff in Abu Dhabi, my family missed their next flight to Chicago. This is second time with us that Etihad failed to provide service as they promise. My family are still at Abu Dhabi airport wondering when their flight will be. Staff are unable to provide them hotel accommodation or next flight info at this time. If you are traveling to meet a tight time or in an emergency, do not use Etihad!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by E Shields    (Australia)

I have done several long haul flights with Etihad. I am satisfied with most aspects of their service. However, on my last trip, I waited 90 minutes in a very slow moving queue to check my luggage in at Sydney and another 90 minutes on the return journey waiting to check in at CDG Paris. I wonder if the airline is cost cutting with check in staff. Then there is the issue of the queue at Abu Dhabi. After alighting the aircraft it is necessary to stand amid a slowly moving sea of humanity all awaiting a re-scanning of hand luggage. On my last trip, this wait took over an hour. After a fourteen hour flight, it sure takes some stamina. I am thinking of changing airlines.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by E Gregan    (Ireland)

Although absolutely packed with passengers, Etihad (EY32) Paris to Abu Dhabi on 8/4/2014 was one of the best flights I have had in a long while. Staff were polite and very attentive. Etihad complimentary drinks greatly appreciated!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Colin Dale    (UK)

I was scheduled to fly from BKK through AUH to LHR. Etihad run a 'tight' connection at AUH and on this last trip the whole process was a shambles. Their flight into BKK was very late and Etihad suggested that we would not make the AUH connection to LHR. I spent a lot of time (and money) on calls trying to resolve commitments in the UK accordingly. In the end, rather than pay for accommodation and similar for (I estimate) 100 passengers they simply made the AUH flight wait two hours and thus inconvenienced over 300 passengers! Investigating their schedules and the way they handle their aircraft (in this case A6ETB) it was clear that they had elected to deliberately run this aircraft late for three consecutive days. When I say late, I mean hours, not minutes: you can imagine the difficulties that passengers face arriving at LHR and getting out around 10 pm at night rather than at 7 pm. I would and urge everyone who is considering using Etihad to be quite careful, they may have an equipment shortage or simply be electing to mess people around as they know that there is limited legislation for a non-EU airline of this nature.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by A Joyce    (Ireland)

Dublin - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok return economy March 2014. Frequent Flyer and Etihad gold card holder. Etihad are a good but no longer great airline. All flights were punctual. The lounge in Dublin is fantastic. All flight sectors were very busy. Food onboard was OK. The food service onboard seems to take an extortionate amount of time. Also Etihad leave the main lighting on for too long on red eye flight. They should make better use of the mood lighting for those that want to sleep. The seat pitch on the A330 was not good and I could not sleep. The Boeing 777 aircraft with 10 abreast seating and narrow aisles feels cramped but easier to sleep on. The crew were friendly and professional on all sectors. They currently appear to be more interactive and helpful with passengers. I was impressed as I was greeted by name on one sector. IFE is good. Etihad now seem to have a policy of boarding almost an hour before scheduled departure which seems excessive to me. We were sitting on the tarmac after boarding for a least 30minutes on all sectors and I was one of the last few to board. There are still issues with the landing slot in Dublin airport in the morning as no stands are available to park at. Another delay after a 8 hour flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by P Pann    (Germany)

Booked on a flight from SGN to AUH and connecting AUH to DUS. I upgraded to Business Class for the flight from AUH to DUS, upgrade of the flight was confirmed. Flight was scheduled to leave at 2.20 am from AUH. Without any information whatsoever I received a boarding pass for an entirely different flight: They simply booked me on the Air Berlin flight leaving AUH at 8.40 am! In AUH at the Business Class desk I complained and asked to receive the correct boarding pass for the flight at 2.20 am that I was booked on. They told me that the flight was fully booked and that it was not possible to get me on the flight, not even in Economy class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Jamie Whitworth    (UK)

5th Feb, EY12-EY402, returned on 19th Feb, EY403-EY17. An airline with modern yet cultural furnishings. Etihad being the national carrier for the UAE have had fierce competitors but have not let it degrade their service. With polite and efficient staff, you're welcomed with lush cuisine, well presented stewards/stewardesses, all topped off with a great entertainment system. Check in was extremely fast, boarding was a breeze and cruising was pleasant. Meals are plentiful and delicious with two choices at hand and an additional vegetarian option. Seat comfort and recline, brilliant. The airline in my opinion is one of the best. I look forward to flying with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by K Al Mubarak    (UK)

I travel a lot, I've been on many different airlines, but not one airline can be compared to Etihad except for Emirates. I've traveled in all 3 cabins, never have I not been satisfied. The service is the best, the entertainment system is excellent, toilets are always clean and seats are comfortable. Last trip I had was on EY18 from London to Abu Dhabi, in business class. The lounge in London was the best lounge I've been to following the one in Abu Dhabi. Onboard I was in seat 9A, a window seat and being able to lay down flat is great. I slept, then woke up for an excellent meal. The plane had wifi connection, I was able to use whatsapp throughout the flight. The only bad thing was the main course that wasn't that good, I miss their steak sandwiches.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by T Mirza    (UK)

Mumbai-London-Mumbai, Pearl (Business) Class. The tiny plane from BOM-AUH (courtesy Jet Airways) did not feel anything special other than a slightly stretched economy seat. The Business class lounge at AUH felt stuffy, scruffy and least inviting. Couches were occupied by sleeping passengers and food was so spartan it made a mockery of a proper business class lounge. At boarding, there was no special fast track for Business Class travelers and we simply had to wait in a long queue. During long haul sections, the standard business class stretch seat and cabin did not quite infuse a sense of special feeling and the cabin attendants were barely doing their routine duties and food was no more than ordinary. Really very disappointed. The distinct feeling is the Business Class has been washed down these days to be nothing special even though the price compared is almost 3 times that of economy class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Margaret Brain    (New Zealand)

Flew Sydney-Abu Dhabi-Dublin, 5th March 2014. Can not fault the service. Seating good (and I am not a small person - nor am I extra large!) Had G seat - inside aisle - and empty seat beside me. Then two seats between 2 window seats. Water was offered every hour, and rubbish cleared frequently Meals more than adequate- toilets clean.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Mayank Gaur    (India)

MAA-AUH - EY 269 - 5th March, AUH-JFK - EY 101 - 5th March. JFK-AUH - EY 100 - 26th March, AUH-MAA - EY 268 - 26th March. Really happy with the service. The cabin quality is good, crew were courteous and helpful and most importantly the ground staff were co-operative and available, guiding travellers to their destination. Food and entertainment was also great onboard. All in all a good experience.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |