Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Etihad Airways
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by James Choochot    (UK)

MAN to BKK via AUH and return. Generally faultless service. Staff polite yet not too intrusive. Drinks offered on boarding with offer to request cruising drinks and menu, although an anytime menu is available. I slept well on most flights. AUH to MAN delayed with little information given, the lounge staff just kept topping up my champagne glass. Flight delay caused by a child misbehaving. Amenity packs have improved. Chauffeur service excellent.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by John Nickols    (Australia)

Flew BNE - Kuala Lumpur- BNE for Easter. Have previously flown from BNE to UK with Emirates and Singapore Airlines but will now fly only Etihad. Great service, great food and plenty of it, very friendly and obliging staff.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by H Hussain    (Canada)

Very good flight from YYZ-AUH. The staff were attentive and polite, overall quite satisfied with their service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 April 2014 by T Tye    (UK)

25th March, Manchester to Abu Dhabi to Bangkok and flew home 9th April, Phuket to Abu Dhabi to Manchester. Flight numbers: EY22, EY408, EY1999, EY15. We flew with Etihad for the first time and it will be the last time, there was nothing positive to say about the flight. The seats were so uncomfortable and only acceptable if you are a sardine, the food was awful and the air crew were very unprofessional. We have flown with Thai and Eva Air who were fantastic. My husband is very tall and had a miserable flight, in my opinion Etihad have spent all their money on the football team and not on their airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by L Morrison    (UK)

Excellent flight from London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi. Good comfortable flat beds with extremely attentive staff. Food hot and tasty well presented and an abundance of alcoholic drinks if desired. Toilets very clean and attended to extremely frequently. Entertainment was fine and just right for the length of flight 7 hours. I have travelled several times with Qatar and Emirates, Etihad are just as good.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Ali Ahmed    (USA)

My wife and 4 kids including a toddler took a flight from Karachi to Chicago via Abu Dhabi and from Chicago to San Antonio. The stay at Abu Dhabi was 1 hour 45 minutes. Due to heavy crowds, long waiting lines and less staff in Abu Dhabi, my family missed their next flight to Chicago. This is second time with us that Etihad failed to provide service as they promise. My family are still at Abu Dhabi airport wondering when their flight will be. Staff are unable to provide them hotel accommodation or next flight info at this time. If you are traveling to meet a tight time or in an emergency, do not use Etihad!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 April 2014 by E Shields    (Australia)

I have done several long haul flights with Etihad. I am satisfied with most aspects of their service. However, on my last trip, I waited 90 minutes in a very slow moving queue to check my luggage in at Sydney and another 90 minutes on the return journey waiting to check in at CDG Paris. I wonder if the airline is cost cutting with check in staff. Then there is the issue of the queue at Abu Dhabi. After alighting the aircraft it is necessary to stand amid a slowly moving sea of humanity all awaiting a re-scanning of hand luggage. On my last trip, this wait took over an hour. After a fourteen hour flight, it sure takes some stamina. I am thinking of changing airlines.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by E Gregan    (Ireland)

Although absolutely packed with passengers, Etihad (EY32) Paris to Abu Dhabi on 8/4/2014 was one of the best flights I have had in a long while. Staff were polite and very attentive. Etihad complimentary drinks greatly appreciated!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Colin Dale    (UK)

I was scheduled to fly from BKK through AUH to LHR. Etihad run a 'tight' connection at AUH and on this last trip the whole process was a shambles. Their flight into BKK was very late and Etihad suggested that we would not make the AUH connection to LHR. I spent a lot of time (and money) on calls trying to resolve commitments in the UK accordingly. In the end, rather than pay for accommodation and similar for (I estimate) 100 passengers they simply made the AUH flight wait two hours and thus inconvenienced over 300 passengers! Investigating their schedules and the way they handle their aircraft (in this case A6ETB) it was clear that they had elected to deliberately run this aircraft late for three consecutive days. When I say late, I mean hours, not minutes: you can imagine the difficulties that passengers face arriving at LHR and getting out around 10 pm at night rather than at 7 pm. I would and urge everyone who is considering using Etihad to be quite careful, they may have an equipment shortage or simply be electing to mess people around as they know that there is limited legislation for a non-EU airline of this nature.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by A Joyce    (Ireland)

Dublin - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok return economy March 2014. Frequent Flyer and Etihad gold card holder. Etihad are a good but no longer great airline. All flights were punctual. The lounge in Dublin is fantastic. All flight sectors were very busy. Food onboard was OK. The food service onboard seems to take an extortionate amount of time. Also Etihad leave the main lighting on for too long on red eye flight. They should make better use of the mood lighting for those that want to sleep. The seat pitch on the A330 was not good and I could not sleep. The Boeing 777 aircraft with 10 abreast seating and narrow aisles feels cramped but easier to sleep on. The crew were friendly and professional on all sectors. They currently appear to be more interactive and helpful with passengers. I was impressed as I was greeted by name on one sector. IFE is good. Etihad now seem to have a policy of boarding almost an hour before scheduled departure which seems excessive to me. We were sitting on the tarmac after boarding for a least 30minutes on all sectors and I was one of the last few to board. There are still issues with the landing slot in Dublin airport in the morning as no stands are available to park at. Another delay after a 8 hour flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by P Pann    (Germany)

Booked on a flight from SGN to AUH and connecting AUH to DUS. I upgraded to Business Class for the flight from AUH to DUS, upgrade of the flight was confirmed. Flight was scheduled to leave at 2.20 am from AUH. Without any information whatsoever I received a boarding pass for an entirely different flight: They simply booked me on the Air Berlin flight leaving AUH at 8.40 am! In AUH at the Business Class desk I complained and asked to receive the correct boarding pass for the flight at 2.20 am that I was booked on. They told me that the flight was fully booked and that it was not possible to get me on the flight, not even in Economy class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Jamie Whitworth    (UK)

5th Feb, EY12-EY402, returned on 19th Feb, EY403-EY17. An airline with modern yet cultural furnishings. Etihad being the national carrier for the UAE have had fierce competitors but have not let it degrade their service. With polite and efficient staff, you're welcomed with lush cuisine, well presented stewards/stewardesses, all topped off with a great entertainment system. Check in was extremely fast, boarding was a breeze and cruising was pleasant. Meals are plentiful and delicious with two choices at hand and an additional vegetarian option. Seat comfort and recline, brilliant. The airline in my opinion is one of the best. I look forward to flying with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by K Al Mubarak    (UK)

I travel a lot, I've been on many different airlines, but not one airline can be compared to Etihad except for Emirates. I've traveled in all 3 cabins, never have I not been satisfied. The service is the best, the entertainment system is excellent, toilets are always clean and seats are comfortable. Last trip I had was on EY18 from London to Abu Dhabi, in business class. The lounge in London was the best lounge I've been to following the one in Abu Dhabi. Onboard I was in seat 9A, a window seat and being able to lay down flat is great. I slept, then woke up for an excellent meal. The plane had wifi connection, I was able to use whatsapp throughout the flight. The only bad thing was the main course that wasn't that good, I miss their steak sandwiches.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by T Mirza    (UK)

Mumbai-London-Mumbai, Pearl (Business) Class. The tiny plane from BOM-AUH (courtesy Jet Airways) did not feel anything special other than a slightly stretched economy seat. The Business class lounge at AUH felt stuffy, scruffy and least inviting. Couches were occupied by sleeping passengers and food was so spartan it made a mockery of a proper business class lounge. At boarding, there was no special fast track for Business Class travelers and we simply had to wait in a long queue. During long haul sections, the standard business class stretch seat and cabin did not quite infuse a sense of special feeling and the cabin attendants were barely doing their routine duties and food was no more than ordinary. Really very disappointed. The distinct feeling is the Business Class has been washed down these days to be nothing special even though the price compared is almost 3 times that of economy class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Margaret Brain    (New Zealand)

Flew Sydney-Abu Dhabi-Dublin, 5th March 2014. Can not fault the service. Seating good (and I am not a small person - nor am I extra large!) Had G seat - inside aisle - and empty seat beside me. Then two seats between 2 window seats. Water was offered every hour, and rubbish cleared frequently Meals more than adequate- toilets clean.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Mayank Gaur    (India)

MAA-AUH - EY 269 - 5th March, AUH-JFK - EY 101 - 5th March. JFK-AUH - EY 100 - 26th March, AUH-MAA - EY 268 - 26th March. Really happy with the service. The cabin quality is good, crew were courteous and helpful and most importantly the ground staff were co-operative and available, guiding travellers to their destination. Food and entertainment was also great onboard. All in all a good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by J Milosevic    (Austria)

March 9 2014, and flight numbers EY407, EY71.The worst customer service I have dealt with. Staff very rude, with zero regards to passengers. We had a total of 24 hours delay on our flight and they did not offer us a hotel or anything, and when dealing with feedback staff they did not even apologize. We received a boarding pass and were denied boarding after being re-routed, because we were not re-booked properly - although there were free seats on that flight causing us another 11 hours delay.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by A Bernier    (UAE)

I traveled several times with them and each time has been a nightmare. Flights being delayed for 4 to 5 hours is common. Last time I flew out of Kuwait, the lady at check-in told me: Sorry Sir, but the flight is delayed. 2.5 hrs on a 90 minute flight. Of course, I was not offered any voucher, not even for a drink of water! The worst was my recent flight to Morocco from Abu Dhabi. The flight, scheduled to leave at 2 am, finally left at 7 am. Not a single announcement was made to inform passengers or to guide them to some desk to get assistance or a voucher. Up to 7 am, the airline's website kept listing the departure on time at 2 am. The company was not to blame with the delay, the airport was experiencing a failure of the lighting system on the runways. The Etihad service desks were swamped with stranded passengers needing to be rebooked. It was madness to try to get to the desks. Etihad staff was trying their best not to been seen. No attempt was made to bring order to chaos. Things did not get any better once I finally arrived in Morocco. Being so late, I had missed my connection. No help from Etihad, no one in the airport to guide passengers and assist them.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Gauding Manuell    (Australia)

Used to love flying with Etihad especially when I had my silver status with them. But my last 3 flights with them have lacked heavily with poor customer service, 7 hours flight delay in Abu Dhabi and staff didn't provide any quality information, unfriendly staff at gate 59 that day last month. Great customer service by staff in Australia and Germany but the UAE headquarters in Abu Dhabi is the one that pulls down the whole airline performance. Seats are still great and entertainment is ok but could be updated a little. Always flying MEL-TXL-MEL. Staff members wake you up while sleeping only to ask you if you want to have dinner. Thinking about doing future travel with Qatar airways.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by H Steohenson    (UK)

I was disappointed when I tried, before my flight, to arrange meals that were both wheat and dairy free. I was told that I must choose one or the other. Business class surely costs enough to cover this. My first meal consisted of a starter - a chicken breast and a main course - another chicken breast! I decided that there was sufficient choice on the main menu to find suitable options. I felt that I was paying enough to be given a gluten free choice. The entertainment was really poor for European travellers.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Imran Ali    (UK)

24th Feb from Manchester to Abu Dhabi, then from Abu Dhabi to Lahore. Onboard the cabin crew gave a warm welcome, were polite and helped us find our seats. Seats were very comfortable, the inflight entertainment was excellent and I like the fact that I could see take-off from my screen. There were not many facilities provided for infants, I was traveling with my 2 year old nephew. I disliked that the food was served very late. Another irritating fact was that the airplane was just too cold. Abu Dhabi airport was good, there were guides everywhere, however the flight was delayed 2 hours. Flight departed 15 minutes late, flight from Abu Dhabi to Lahore was quite bad, the airplane was not in a good condition and smelt.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Barbara Crawford    (UK)

EY460, 9th March from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. This was my first long haul flight so wasn't exactly sure how it would be. Excellent flight with very attentive service, comfortable seats and good inflight entertainment. 2nd leg of journey from Abu Dhabi quite poor in comparison. At Abu Dhabi airport was sent to the wrong lounge and no one seemed to have information on our flight details. Lounge very busy. Once onboard the flight staff initially helpful but that soon wore off. Was offered a drink which I accepted, only to have it taken away unfinished with no explanation. Obviously an older plane not the one shown on the website and the seats were a bit worn. I hadn't realised that the flight was with an Etihad partner Virgin. I chose to travel business class for the reason that Etihad have flat beds, some help with how to flatten them would have been good. Most people sleeping presume this was the reason there was no meal offered? I had to ask for breakfast, I don't really consider a bowl of cornflakes a round of toast or a steak sandwich on a 13 hour flight acceptable. The cost of this flight was 3400, I could probably have a few nights in a five star hotel for that. I have my return journey home in a couple of weeks, can't say I'm looking forward to it!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Flight from Abu Dhabi to London 28 March. Transfer from an Air Seychelles flight easy but a long walk. Flight to London delayed but information board gave no reason and how long the delay would be. Ground staff didn't seem to know. A 90min delay. Flight full. Families had been separated and ground staff had no clue how to resolve and were just inept. Boarding chaotic with no order. Shame as once on board and off the ground the cabin staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Food good - a snack bag to start with (flight left around 3am) and then hot breakfast prior to arrival. Good entertainment system. Seats somewhat cramped - they get in an extra seat across a 777 like Emirates - and seat pitch average. Good fares. Need to improve the quality of ground staff at Abu Dhabi as this spoils a good product in the air especially their cabin staff. Worth considering.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Joe Kaiser    (USA)

I had flown Etihad business class from Chicago to Abu Dhabi and I rated it as very uncomfortable in fact one of the worst BC seats ever flown. On the return I did first class from Abu Dhabi to New York and the experience was outstanding. The seat was extremely comfortable and the service outstanding. The food was good and varied while the privacy doors around the seat were perfect for a 14 hour trip. I was extremely happy and wish more of the international airlines (American carriers will never get their act together) would provide similar first class experience. I look forward to my next visit to UAE and I will avoid the connection through Chicago and instead use NY.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Edward Cowie    (UK)

Brisbane to London Heathrow. March 28/29. This is the second time we've used this airline, the first being Business Class to and from Australia from London last year. Our overall feelings? The reputation of the airline as 'the best' seems to us to reflect (if true) on how bad other airlines must be though our experience of Emirates flights London/Melbourne have always been better. We had ample airmiles for upgrade on one leg back but were told these classes were 'sold-out' which on observation passing the seats on exit was patently not the case! The Etihad seats for a tall man like me are a nightmare, no way to get a headrest into high position to rest head. The space is confined and restrictive. Although Silver Guest card holders, we were never advised that we could book actual seats well before the 24 hour on line service. Whilst many of the aircrew really are very nice, some are poor at communicating. The food? Well this time much worse than before, mostly inedible and boring. I'm afraid we feel this airline is terribly overrated and will never travel with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 March 2014 by M Baker    (UK)

SYD-AUH, EY 455, 5th March. AUH-MAN, EY 021, planned departure 6th March, actual 7th March. Our major points of contention with the airline and Abu Dhabi airport are: Poor or non existent communication with any of the passengers, poor or non existent communication between various members of staff, inconsistency of information, especially on the airport display boards, rudeness from some of the staff (ground crew), although many were polite, friendly and tried to calm passengers as much as possible. Abu Dhabi airport does look very impressive from the outside, (viewed due to need to use a transit hotel in the city), the duty free/shopping area looks smart and there is a good deal of high tech equipment, but: it is small and cramped for the number of passengers travelling through, even if the flights are on time, staff are either incompetent or badly trained. Communication with passengers is abysmal - PA announcements are limited and the display boards are very inaccurate. The abudhabiairport.ae website is inaccurate and not kept up to date, catering facilities would make a small village shopping centre look impressive - and they do not cater for either the volume of passengers or offer them much by way of choices. The idea of queuing in order to get into a departure gate lounge is pathetic at the least, and you do not make passengers queue for over an hour just to get to this point. On the plane the service started well with a very attractive stewardess taking our food order, but after that they all disappeared. We are used to cabin crew walking thru regularly to check on passengers, but with Etihad, you have to use the call button! We would not recommend Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by A Bagul    (USA)

JFK to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi. The staff in Abu Dhabi were very rude, they have zero understanding of the boarding process. Flight was delayed by 1 hr and they kept saying the flight was on time. Food was ok. Return journey similar issue. Flight from Mumbai to Abu Dhabi was delayed 2 hrs. Abu Dhabi to JFK flight was good. I would not travel Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by G Gifari    (Australia)

EY470, SIN-BNE on A332. A lot of gimmicks on their seats. They are very sturdy and you unfortunately need to give it your all for a recline, no wonder some people say you can't recline on their Y seats. Cabin crew were a diverse bunch, so were their level of hospitality. IFE not the best I have experienced. Food was okay but their tea was too strong!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Michail Kapsalis    (Greece)

Flight 0090, March 9 to March 24. Athens to Manila. Almost no empty seats. Food was bad. One sandwich for lunch and plain rice with some beef for 8 hours of travel. Limited space. 30 minutes delay on Abu Dhabi. Good staff. I would avoid Etihad and prefer Emirates or Qatar.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Angelika Melani    (Australia)

BKK-AUH-DUS in Business. The flight from BKK to AUH was uneventful, however in Abu Dhabi, the transfer was horrible, bad signage, arrogant and unfriendly assistance, and than the overrated F Class Lounge. The check in to DUS was a complete nightmare, there were other flights as well departing from the same lounge, nobody really understood what's going to happen. Our flight delayed by hours. Than finally boarding no delays anymore. There was no communication at all. Transfer to aircraft via bus. Inflight entertainment did not work, the breakfast served was not eatable at all. On my return journey to Australia I selected a different airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by B OSullivan    (Australia)

Flew from Brisbane to Bristol via Abu Dhabi and to Dublin. As usual excellent flight, but chaos in Abu Dhabi both ways. Waited 56 minutes to disembark, appeared to be problems getting buses from plane to terminal. Abu Dhabi airport taking far too long with its improvements, many less experienced travelers would not tolerate the waiting and misinformation. Being a gold member having very little advantage in Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by L Nelson    (USA)

Worst experience from AUH to IAD. After sitting on the plane for 3 hours, we had to disembark. Long story very much shortened, communication from airline personnel was non-existent. Ultimately, the flight arrived 23 hours late. After transmitting my objective impressions to Etihad management, I received no acknowledgement whatsoever.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by J Huang    (USA)

IAD-BKK (via AUH) round-trip. IAD-AUH, (A340-600) - flight only 20% full and I had the bulkhead seat with an open seat next to me. Had a great experience with in-flight food, entertainment and service. I chalk that up to the empty flight and minimal stress on FA's. Bulkhead seats are normally 75$ per leg but was able to get it during online check-in. Bulkhead had plenty of legroom and you don't have to worry about reclining seats. IFE is slightly smaller and with lower graphics quality. Cons: seats are quite hard, halfway through the 12 hr flight, my tailbone was so sore I had to sit on a pillow for the rest of trip. Transit AUH - first time at airport and transit in evening was a breeze with minimal lines for transfer/secondary security. I had a short layover so didn't check on the facilities. Food options are limited and expensive. AUH-BKK, (777) - completely full flight and boarding process was very chaotic. Basically a complete free for all boarding. They boarded by rows but gate agents were not enforcing it. I will avoid flying on 777 especially with the 3-4-3 set up and the poor seat pitch. Cabin was very hot even though I was just in a T-shirt. FA's did their best scrambling around with the full flight. Seats again were very hard and not comfortable. BKK-AUH, (777) - same experience as the inbound flight. Cabin too warm and breakfast food was pretty bad on this flight. By far the worse on the trip. Boarding in BKK still very chaotic. AUH transit with US Customs pre-clearance - 3 hour layover in the early morning and airport was very busy. Secondary security had long lines and had to wait 30 min. Food options is still terrible. US pre clearance at AUH was a mixed bag. No dedicated lines for US citizens. AUH-BKK, (A340) - another full flight and a complete reversal in my Etihad experience. FA had difficult time communicating with mostly South Asian customers. Meal service was a zoo - I have never seen so many different special meal requests. There's a 30-40 min lag between special meal service and regular meal service. Special meal customers ended up holding on their meals for 1 hr. Some flyers had to take their own tray back to the FA. Cabin temperature fluctuated a couple times from cold to warm. IAD luggage took forever. Waited for a full 30 min at the carousel from the first bag to my bag. Probably would not fly Etihad economy even with the lowest price. Seat pitch way too small for intl long hauls. AUH transit was not very pleasant with lines everywhere and terrible food options.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Peter D Wilson    (UK)

Flew (or attempted to fly) EY440 and EY015 Ho Chi Minh / Abu Dhabi / Manchester, 7 March. Flight to Abu Dhabi left almost 9 hours late. Utter shambolic chaos at Abu Dhabi. Hundreds of us queuing for boarding cards. Etihad staff apparently beyond even seeming to care. All sorts of wrong/misleading information. Pity any poor person not fit enough to be in a queue for hours on end. Had to wait until same flight 24 hours late to Manchester. I feel I owe Singapore airlines an apology for not flying with them this time. Etihad? Never again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by L Booth    (UK)

I flew from Manchester UK to Melbourne Aus via Abu Dhabi. All my flights to and from Melbourne were punctual, clean, efficient and more comfortable than expected given I was in Coral Economy Class. I have been on long haul flights with a number of airlines to India and USA and I must say that I was most impressed by Etihad and would recommend this Company. The cabin staff were exemplary in meeting the needs of all their guests, treated everyone with respect and yet made me feel like a special individual. My only reservation is that if you seat at the back of the plane the menu choices can run out. However it is possible to pre-book a meal from a drop down list when booking.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Alan Tomkins    (UK)

2 passengers travelling as a couple LHR-HKT via AUH, EY18/EY1996, 15-16Jan 2014. These flights, and the return in March, were booked with Trailfinders UK in summer 2013. Seats were requested on the LHR-AUH flights both ways, but seats on the AUH-HKT sectors could not be requested as it was operated under a code share agreement with an Etihad partner, Air Berlin. The day before departure, I visited the online check-in site at the permitted -24 hours to find seats on the first sector had been allocated, window and aisle as requested. There was a very limited option for change, so it had been well worthwhile requesting at booking. However, second sector seats were allocated as 16K and 15D, in opposite aisles making travel as a couple impossible. No option for change. I made a request for more equitable seats at baggage check-in LHR, and the agent was able to offer us seats together in 20AC on the second sector, less attractive seats due to the missing window in this row, but otherwise fine. Once underway, on time, service on the first sector was in the modern CX/SQ mode, a little better in some respects, a little less so in others. Food was acceptable, even tasty with a pre dinner drink and wine with the meal. Missed was the CX mid flight ice cream. Great IFE. Abu Dhabi was a work in progress, crowded, busy and confusing, with the need to pass through security again. Better is promised for 2015. The second sector on Air Berlin was OK, reasonably efficient, slightly brusque cabin crew attitude and edible rather than tasty food. No pretence of offering a superior service. No alcohol offered on this breakfast flight, but I believe it would have been available on request. Slightly primitive IFE. A quick route from Heathrow to Phuket, slightly under 15 hours including stopover. Competitively priced, 30 kg baggage allowance and service levels as you would expect, but such a pity you can't pre-book seats. So, home at the end of the return trip, and time for a final verdict. Would we use them again? No, not unless they integrate more effectively.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by B Boros    (Spain)

Flew from Manila, Philippines to Malaga, Spain on 8th March. Flight supposed to be delayed for departure from Manila for 2 hours which ended to be 3.5. I lost my connection to Dusseldorf and ended up in a queue along with at least 500 people from other flights and different connections lost. There was no type of prioritization, communication from staff and they were totally lost. We were standing in the queue for 5 hours looking at the staff behind the counter. When I reached the counter I kept hearing "one minute sir, one minute" for about an hour before getting a new reservation for connections the next morning, at 4 am, so 20 hours later. I then went to terminal 1 since I had to take my boarding pass from there, the guy could not print them from Terminal 3. Went there, sat in another queue for half an hour just to be told that I was at the wrong counter to get boarding passes for Turkish airlines and I should move to another. There are no signs whatsoever and no people that could provide useful information. It is acceptable to miss a connection, it happens everywhere, but the level of incompetence and lack of interest in Abu Dhabi is just ridiculous. Not flying Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by D Araj    (UK)

Manchester - Abu Dhabi, flight 16, 25/12/13. A very uncomfortable journey, freezing conditions with everybody wrapped in blankets, staff unable to rectify. Very small seats. Return flight was just as bad on 9/1/14. 7 hours of discomfort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Peter Stephenson    (UK)

MAN-AUH-BNE. Travel out Jan 14 return Feb 14. The Pearl experience from start to finish was excellent with, a couple of caveats, UK chauffeur each way all on time and friendly. Check in and lounge at MAN easy and helpful. Food and drink in lounges plentiful apart from BNE where the lounge is operated by NZ airways and the am food choice limited. The men's lavatory was in need of cleaning and refreshing. In flight al a carte of a good standard as was the anytime kitchen on all legs. Both MAN and AUH lounges can be congested as has been mentioned. A request for a special wheat free diet didn't really work as the two courses offered on the first meal serving were chicken starter followed by chicken main. My companion reverted to ordering off the main menu for all other meals. Gluten free bread was not offered. Transfers at AUH were not clear for fast track passengers and there's no lounge or fast track at all in Singapore on the stop over. Flat beds comfortable I'm 180cm tall and slept well. No jet lag to worry about. IFE not the best, particularly western music, Mainly B rate films, although I found enough to watch. In all a very good experience and would use again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by N Willmott    (UK)

LHR-AUH-LHR in business class. Started badly as the chauffeur service decided to park round the corner of my building and not tell anyone, it took 30 minutes of trying to contact the airline before we finally found them. Got to the airport, my flight was more than an hour late due to late inbound equipment. Flight out was okay, I had very high expectations as this was my first time with Etihad and I had heard great things. Return flight, forget about it. I'm stuck in the mess at Abu Dhabi airport at the moment where technical problems closed the airport briefly. The customer service systems have totally different (and unrealistic) information versus the departure boards in the lounge. Staff are overwhelmed. If you are connecting through this part of the world, stick with Emirates, I will in the future.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by G de Malet    (Australia)

Paris-Abu Dhabi-Melbourne, first class. Paris to AUH no staff in first class cabin spoke French. Service was haphazard at best. Sink in main bathroom was blocked and this reported to crew. The same aircraft serviced the AUH-Melbourne sector. The sink was still blocked. This airline has some excellent staff however the standards are extremely uneven and one is left with the impression that training could be improved.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by David de Klerk    (Belgium)

BRU-AUH-KUL and back. Service on board and staff were very good. The seats were very narrow on the first flight, but much better on the airplane leased from Jet Airways. The food was quite tasty and the IFE was acceptable. But, the transit at Abu Dhabi was terrible. The airport wants to play with the big boys but it lacks the facilities to do so. Way too many passengers than they can handle, so extremely long queues. It took me two hours just to get from one plane to the other. Long bus rides from the plane to the terminal and vice versa. Wifi doesn't work properly. I thought Etihad was quite good, but because of Abu Dhabi airport I am not going to fly with Etihad again. Next time I will take Emirates or Qatar Airways to go to Kuala Lumpur.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Adrian Hamel    (Canada)

I have flown with Etihad 4 times in Pearl Business. This last flight (from Abu Dhabi to Toronto) will be my last. Prior to this, the service was decent - as was the plane. This last was tired, old and the staff was MIA. The only time they answered the call button was when I pushed it by mistake. My next trip to India will be with Emirates.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Laurence McCarthy    (UK)

KUL-AUH-LHR, 11/2/14. MAS Golden Lounge in KLIA continues to go downhill. Alcohol now served in a completely separate section near the entrance. You really feel like a leper having to walk all the way through the lounge to get a drink. The lounge, even though recently refurbished is dirty and already looks tired. Check In was good, but everything else until leaving was very poor, as MAS also handle boarding and baggage checks at the gate. KUL-LHR flight superb, great food, staff, service, wine and the attention staff give each passenger is impressive. Aircraft interior looked like it had be recently refreshed and that was nice, Etihad were starting to look a little tired. So well done there. AUH lounge is a disaster, too busy and for a flagship it really let's down one of the best airlines around. Boarding was a mess and we ended up standing (no seats) at the gate for 45 minutes. Flight AUH to LHR great as above, save for a child in Economy who decided to scream for most of the flight - but the airline can't be held responsible for the bad behaviour of passengers children. Why do people with children believe it is acceptable to trouble everyone else? All in all another excellent trip, marred only by the MAS lounge and the transit through AUH lounge. Definitely recommend Etihad as one of the best - hope that now they do KUL twice daily they will invest in their own lounge at KLIA.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by J Roberts    (UK)

Recently travelled to Abu Dhabi from Manchester return. Flight EY021 and EY022. My family and I had flown with Etihad in the past and vowed never to go with them again. We decided to give them a 2nd chance, what a mistake to make. The plane looked tired and the seats looked dirty. The seats were positively the most uncomfortable I have had the misfortune of sitting in, hardly any space at all. The service was poor and the food awful. I can definitely say I will not be travelling with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by V Ellis    (UK)

EY15, Abu Dhabi to Manchester, approx 7hrs. Firstly seat remained in upright position for whole journey (night flight) staff unable to rectify. The cabin was absolutely freezing. Many people wearing overcoats to counter this. I was dressed appropriately for the flight and used the blanket and pillow provided and was still stone cold. Surely this isn't acceptable. Will never fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Claudia Krischer    (New Zealand)

Round trip AKL-SYD-AUH-FRA-AUH-SYD-AKL. First time with Etihad: Flight and service was average, but despite the fact I had boarding passes already for the whole trip I needed to queue again at every single stop over airport to have the boarding pass rechecked by Etihad staff. Airport in Abu Dhabi was completely overloaded and couldn't cope with people moving to their connecting gate. But worst thing was the luggage handling! I can't recommend Etihad at all.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Vanessa Tan    (Singapore)

Travelled EY38 on 24 Dec 2013. Service was horrible. Stewardess did not smile. My sister and I asked for pasta, upon hearing that the stewardess replied rudely that she needed to check and she cannot guaranteed that both of us would get our choice of meals. We told her politely that we could not take the other meal choice due to the meat. She replied coldly we should have asked for special meal. We understand that we cannot guarantee to have our choice of meals given a full flight. However, the stewardess could told us politely. This is certainly not the service that I expected. This is the first and last time I will travel with Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 February 2014 by P Knight    (Australia)

Round-trip SYD-AUH-SYD. Overall, excellent experience on all counts. Friendly and courteous staff. The service on the flight was excellent and staff addressed me by name. Cabin Manager came around to make personal introduction and to explain flight amenities. Food was outstanding and the wine choices were top notch. Wouldn't hesitate to fly with Etihad again. Entertainment selection also excellent for long journey.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by J Quesec    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to Sydney on 11 February, have to say Etihad proved that deserves another chance. Despite my previous experience I booked with them and this time it was a pleasant surprise. Food was average, but service much better than last time. The legroom was way too small, they should consider updating their config for these long routes. Ground services maybe the worst of all the airlines. However I might consider flying them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 February 2014 by G Tonge    (UK)

Flew Manchester-Abu Dhabi-Bangkok. Chauffeur picked us up at the arranged time. Check in at Manchester was seem less. Etihad lounge at Manchester is first class with very attentive staff. Etihad business class seat is a little bit narrow and anyone over 6 foot won't be able to lie flat. All seats have direct access to the aisles. If you want privacy I recommend the window seats. The paired seats are very intimate. Food and beverages very satisfactory as too was the service from the cabin crew. Very basic amenity kit was given. Changing terminals in Abu Dhabi was chaotic. Baggage first off the carousel in Bangkok.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 February 2014 by T Lammert    (Australia)

18th January, EY0455, SYD-AUH. Flight back to Sydney on 5th February, EY0454. Recently flew from Sydney to Geneva. The Boeing 777 is a horrible aircraft with cramped kindergarten seats and aisles so narrow that one cannot walk to the bathroom without bumping the shoulders of sleeping passengers. Will not fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Raymundo Licuanan    (Kuwait)

I had been traveling Etihad for the past 3 years, twice a year, Business Class, KWI-AUH-MNL, back and forth. Food, comfort and cabin crew are superb. Leaves and arrives on time. Now, my only issue was when I am flying AUH-KWI. At Abu Dhabi Airport terminal waiting area, Business Class passengers were being treated as Economy Class. For the past 2 flights, going back to Kuwait, I experienced that there is no special or separate bus for Business Class passengers. We were all being mixed with Economy Class passengers on a single bus. Before, Business Class passengers always had a separate bus and had priority on boarding the bus and plane. There used to be a lane for Business Class. As I had mentioned, for the past 2 flights I had AUH-KWI, this does not happen anymore. I am now thinking of going back to Emirates or Qatar Airways on my next flight to Manila.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Guilloteaux Marie-Jose    (South Korea)

I have been doing the same trip in 1st class (Seoul-Paris/London-Abu Dhabi-Seoul) with Etihad, every year for several years, but have seen standards declining sharply in 2013 and 2014. At every boarding, I had to actively look for someone so I could hand them my coat. No welcome aboard and guiding to my seat, and nobody addresses me by my name anymore. The Champagne used to be Bollinger but has been downgraded to something cheaper. The quality of the food can vary dramatically depending on the skills of the on-board chef. Despite my request for breakfast yesterday, I was not woken up in time and had to do without! The worst perhaps is the chauffeur pick-up , which stressed me enormously. Nobody called me to arrange a time for pick-up in London, so I had to call the UAE to arrange it myself. They did not send any text message or email confirmation, despite another call to request it. The pick-up was confirmed (orally) for 6.30 am, but I was woken up by the driver at 5.15 am. My flight was at 10.30 am and I was a 15 minute-drive away from the airport! On the next leg of the journey, Etihad left me a message that a pick-up had been arranged for me in Dubai, but the time turned out to be less than 3 hours before take-off, and it takes at least 90 minutes to go from Dubai to Abu Dhabi if there is no traffic. It took me countless calls to Etihad. Luckily, the driver came on time. All in all, I do not envisage traveling 1st class with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by N Henshall    (UK)

Manchester-Singapore-Sydney via Abu Dhabi. First time flying with Etihad and impressed with their service. Planes are modern and the seats in cattle class are acceptable. The in-flight entertainment is ok, but not spectacular being too limited in content for long haul. Emirates are better in this context. Abu Dhabi is not one of the better airports to change through and isn't well organised. Each time involved a bus trip to the aircraft. I think it is an airline trying to climb up the ladder and the service was the standout. I would happily use them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Sebastian George    (Australia)

I've had a much better experience on half a dozen long haul flights with Etihad lately than I've ever had on Malaysian and Singapore. Abu Dhabi is perhaps not the best hub to transfer through, but the Etihad aeroplanes are up to date, well serviced and the staff are friendly and competent, if not outstanding. Travelling with a child on this airline was a breeze, and they have special staff roles and extra services to help with kids.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Justin Flynn    (Australia)

Business class MEL-AUH then economy AUH-LHR. Business class LHR-AUH and again J class from AUH-MEL. Originally booked the entire trip in economy but bidded using Etihad's online upgrade auction that is sent out to select customers. I was successful in all 3 bids. Quick note about economy - the 777-300ER aircraft used a 3-4-3 seating as a lot of airlines are doing these days. The seating is horrible and a massive step down from J of course. Leg room was just adequate. The business class legs were great. The individual 'suites' are very private although the window seats are better and more private than the aisle seats. Seat was comfortable and very comfortable when in 'relax' mode. My only complaint was the bed. Fully reclined the bed is 185cm and I am 184cm. There is no scope for letting your feet hang out over the end of the bed. For a premium product, the bed simply isn't long enough for someone who only slightly above average in height. However, due to some careful manoeuvring, I did manage to get plenty of sleep. Overall, the airline was fantastic, although transiting between terminals in Abu Dhabi is a pain. The food and service from the cabin crew were wonderful and all flights were on time, except or the AUH-MEL leg which was one hour late. The Arabic mezze I had for starters on each J leg was excellent and the lamb shanks were restaurant quality. I didn't drink much alcohol, but on the MEL-AUH they had a very nice shiraz that I enjoyed 2 glasses of. Champagne is offered pre takeoff. Amenity kits were basic. The economy section was standard economy. No better, no worse and for 7.5 hours, wasn't too bad even with a full plane. The trip back from London was very painful for me emotionally as I had lost my mother the day before. The cabin supervisor couldn't have been more helpful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by M MacLean    (USA)

AUH-JFK direct on a Boeing 777, 3-4-3 seating in economy class. Had window seat on the right side of plane. Major problem is that when the person in front of me reclined, I could not reach my carry-on underneath his seat. The service was very good and inflight entertainment the best I've ever seen in economy. First meal was excellent but second merely average.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Teo Da Silva    (UK)

Have flown Etihad 4 times from LHR to BKK and will not be using them again, I really used to enjoy Etihad but have noticed that their service has dropped to a charter airline and in Abu Dhabi you are treated like cattle when transferring to your next flight, it's just chaotic with rude security personnel. The planes look old and tired and the food is below standard, will prefer to pay more next time and fly Thai, Emirates or Singapore Airlines.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by F Mustafa    (Doha)

EY 394, DOH-AUH and EY17, AUH-LHR both on 24/01/14. Doha to London via Abu Dhabi with wife and 2 children. We loved both sectors. Had a bad experience last year but this time - faith was restored. Excellent cabin crew staff - polite, friendly and efficient, excellent food and very clean toilets. Only areas of improvement would be food quantity and most of all - the E-box inflight entertainment system. A larger variety of movies needed along with more up-to-date releases. Great airline - look forward to the return to Doha next month.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 January 2014 by D Mulcahy    (Australia)

Economy from Dublin to Abu Dhabi, First to Sydney, January 4th. First flight delayed 60 minutes. Chaotic check in. Very poor service onboard and food one notch above discount airline. No beer or wine offered. 777 plane tired. Second leg to Sydney delayed 2 hours. Excellent service by the staff but first class not up to Cathay, Thai or Emirates. Lounge very overrated. Again food onboard was average despite the onboard chef who was very attentive. Will use other carriers in the future.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax