Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

Not Rated

Airline not Rated

Etihad Airways
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 May 2015 by B Thompson    (Australia)

Travelled from Australia via Singapore to Abu Dhabi last month. The flight over wasn't too bad and the crew were pretty efficient and pleasant but on the whole I thought it was a shabby cabin with uncomfortable seats that were almost impossible to recline, in fact I thought they were fixed upright as no one seemed to be able to recline their seat. When we travelled back from Istanbul the flight was worse. Once again seats that did not recline without a real struggle and crew that seemed indifferent to the needs of passengers and they seemed to operate in a chaotic manner at meal times. We waited ages for the meal then didn't get the bread roll and after the meal were completely missed when it came to the longed for cup of tea. I had to ask for a drink of water once as they did not regularly come around and I felt like it was an imposition. Some of the crew seemed unfriendly and cold and it didn't make you want to use that airline again. We missed our connecting night flight due to a delay and the next day Etihad didn't put my name on the passenger list for the next leg home only my husband which wasn't ideal and took a long time to sort out leaving us to rush to get on the plane without breakfast or anything. Wouldn't go on that airline again, too budget and not enough comfort, weren't allowed to book emergency row seats either and my husband and I are both tall people.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by Toy Miah    (UK)

May 10th, Kathmandu - Abu Dhabi, EY293. May 11th, Abu Dhabi - London Heathrow, EY019. I was in Nepal to provide relief aid after the earthquake and was asked to return on the next flight out of the country. Some people would be annoyed that the flight from Kathmandu to Abu Dhabi was delayed which subsequently meant that I missed my connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to London however I was not. The flight from Kathmandu to Abu Dhabi was great, I can't complain one bit. I was given my desired seat, there was even a seat left between me and a fellow passenger which meant loads of space, the leg room was huge. Also as a fairly large guy, I was satisfied that the tray wasn't balancing on my stomach for this flight. Once I landed in Abu Dhabi, I just missed my connecting flight. The security team were very quick with the bag checks and everything so I can't fault them. I went and spoke to the gentleman at the transfers desk, he put me on the next flight out, I requested an aisle seat and was provided with an exit door seat. The flight from Abu Dhabi to London was excellent. I'll be sure to fly with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by Steven Rudis    (UAE)

Flew from Abu Dhabi to LAX on code share flight operated by Etihad. Check in at airport was very cold and almost rude. This was a first the check in staff has been excellent in the past. Flight delayed with poor notifications. Crew was pleasant but not friendly. Service slow and food average with below average beverages. Wines are very cheap and low quality for business class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by S H Moolman    (Ireland)

My husband and I flew from Dublin to Perth via Abu Dhabi and back on the Airbus A330. From Abu Dhabi to Perth and back we had the same seats 31A and 31C. In 31C there was a terribly cold draft on the aisle seat which resulted in my arriving in Perth with the most severe sinusitis I have ever had, and my right shoulder was very sore. I wore a long sleeved shirt, a woolen jumper and had the blanket pulled up, but despite that it was freezing. On the way back my husband sat in 31C, and he had a T Shirt, long sleeved shirt and woolen jumper and still had to get his raincoat down and wear that with the hood up. Other parts of the plane were not so cold, so there must be a problem with the cold air vents blowing on 31C. It would be useful for one of your crew to fly long-haul in that seat so that you can get the measure of the problem. On this plane there are no individual air vents, so presumably the cold air comes in at one spot, and that must be just behind 31C. I would recommend this airline to others, but not that seat.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 May 2015 by C Sridhara    (USA)

San Francisco (SFO) to Bangalore (BLR) via Abu Dhabi (AUH). Price was reasonably low. Etihad maintained regular communication about my travel and allowed me to upgrade to Business class. I skipped that offer and decided to travel in economy class. The day before travel, I did online check-in and printed my boarding pass. On the day of travel, all I had to do was to drop my bags. I thought it was a simple process of dropping them off. No, Etihad agent checks the cabin bag for its size and weight and it can not exceed even 1/2 pound. There was no delay in the flight. There was a 10 minute delay. However, passengers were greeted by crew members and they helped me to place the cabin luggage. They were cordial and helpful. We were given a hot towel upon arrival as well as the meal menu card. Crew were very cordial and willing to help. After serving the food, they ensured the blinds were closed and there was no service for next couple of hours unless called by passengers. There were some empty seats and I was quick to use them up. I was surprised when the crew handed over my special meals to my changed seat. Flight arrived at Abu Dhabi an hour earlier than scheduled and hence we got an extra hour to browse through airport shops. My next flight was in 2.5 hours. What I noticed is that no compliance to ADA rules for Seniors and others who requires wheelchair access to rest rooms or showers. Passengers have to climb three steps to use the rest rooms. The rest rooms at the airport were not clean. Maybe that's the standard AUH airport maintains. I boarded my next flight to Bangalore (BLR) and it was a smooth ride with a different set of crew and services of crew was excellent. I traveled back from Bangalore to SFO via Abu Dhabi and had an even better experience. Overall, I am very satisfied with Etihad and would be happy to travel again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 May 2015 by S Lawlor    (UK)

We travelled from Manchester to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi. Long Haul flights are not the easiest, but our flight with Etihad was more than acceptable. The staff were polite, efficient and provided an excellent service. The inflight entertainment system was far more reliable than some other airlines. The food served was probably some of the best quality I have been served on either long or short haul flights. All flights were on time. The aircraft was clean and tidy and the pillows, blankets and comfort kits were more than adequate. The new style pillows were particularly comfortable. Abu Dhabi airport was probably the only slight negative. We were crushed into a small holding space and let through into security a few at a time. It was far too small a space to accommodate the number of passengers passing through. Hopefully this will be sorted once the building work is complete. We have travelled long haul with various airlines in the past and Etihad rate up with the best such as Cathay and Singapore and rate far higher than Qatar Airlines.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 May 2015 by N Loryman    (UK)

Recently flew Manchester to Abu Dhabi and onward to Saigon, Vietnam. I was shocked at the lack of legroom on these flights and found them to be very cramped and uncomfortable for a long haul flight. Incredibly the hours flight from Saigon to Danang via Vietnam airlines was much more comfortable. I think that Etihad would be far better spending money on improving economy class than paying Nicole Kidman to advertise the comforts of business class for the wealthy few. The food was somewhat poor as well. For the first time in 35 years of flying my luggage was not transferred onto the connecting flight to Saigon and I was without it for 2 days. Etihad needs to improve considerably.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 May 2015 by R Krishnakumar    (India)

Bangalore to San Francisco and back and faced lot of problems with the 4 flights (BLR-AHU-SFO-AHU-BLR). 1) 2 of the 4 flights were delayed and the AHU-SFO by more than 2 hours. 2) The inflight entertainment is average. 3) Food was ok. Nothing great, but not bad either. 4) I fly economy almost all the time. Even by economy standards I found the seats in AHU-SFO sector to be very congested. It was fine in BLR-AHU. 5) The worst part of the entire thing was the staff experience. In the SFO-AHU flight at least 4 times I had the staff lady tell me "I will come back to you" when I asked something and then disappeared. This happened for simple things like water or when I asked her to take a used glass from my seat. Both times I walked to the area and got the work done. I normally choose Singapore Airlines or Emirates. I am sure I will fly Etihad again only if I desperately have to go.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 May 2015 by Adhikari Paramesh    (USA)

SFO-AUH, April 6 2015, EY182. AUH-KTM, April 7th, EY292. KTM-ABH, May 2nd, EY293. AUH-SFO, May 3rd, EY183. I flew from San Francisco to Abu Dhabi and then to Kathmandu and back to Abu Dhabi in Business Class. Then Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles in Economy class. My flight from KTM to ABU got delayed. They were kind enough to fit me onto a flight to Los Angeles the next morning and provided me with a voucher to spend a night at the airport hotel. I upgraded my ticket to Business class from SFO to KTM. Compared to other international airlines, their service is poor in business class standard. It took 1.5 hrs to get my drink after the plane took off in Business class - KTM to AUH. On the way back, I decided to try Economy class from Abu Dhabi to USA and found out it was the most horrible flight experience I had in the past 26 years flying back and forth from USA to other countries. Let me make it clear, it was all about flight attendants. Sixteen hours of journey itself is not that easy. One needs to be hydrated constantly to keep with the long journey. However, attendants treated passengers like they are looking for free food and handouts. It was the most pathetic scene. If they can not provide "free" food or drinks, how about selling? I would be hesitant to fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 May 2015 by S Scan    (New Zealand)

I recently flew from Abu Dhabi to Dublin return on an A330 (SYD-AUH leg operated by Virgin Australia, also good). It had been many years since I had made this journey and after reading the predominantly negative reviews I was worrying that long haul travel had deteriorated over those years. Everything was however much the same. I think people need to realise that long haul in economy isn't particularly comfortable but you can make the most of it. I put it in perspective, I had 14 hours with nothing to do but watch movies, read books and drink wine. People brought me food and I didn't have to do anything for anyone else. No phone, emails or pager to distract me. The aircraft was clean, seats reasonably comfortable, food was fine and the entertainment was good. The staff were friendly and check in and boarding went smoothly. The only glitch was that my bag got delayed by a day on my way there and back, however I think that this may have been from the VA side of the operation. All in all pleasant flights.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 May 2015 by Lesley Heath    (Australia)

Etihad Flight from Abu Dhabi to London last week was very poor. Old plane with little legroom (and we're only 5'3"!). Narrow seats and inattentive staff. We had enquired about the cost to upgrade to Business but no seats available. After a splendid Virgin Premium Economy flight Sydney to Abu Dhabi, this flight two days later was a shocker. The pre-flight organisation at the airport was chaotic. We're trying to arrange an upgrade for the first leg home (Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi) and look forward to our Virgin Premium Economy Abu Dhabi to Sydney two days later. This poor service at airport and on flight was astonishing because Abu Dhabi itself was enjoyable - neither chaotic or disappointing.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 May 2015 by M Beks    (UK)

7 Feb 2015, MAN-AUH, EY16. 8 Feb 2015, AUH-SYD, EY464. 27 Feb 2015, SYD-AUH, EY451. 1 Mar 2015, AUH-MAN, EY21. For all the hype about their premium products, their Economy product is nothing short of dreadful. We chose to fly Etihad with our 2 young boys (3 and 1 years old) from Manchester to Sydney because of their so called "Flying Nanny" service. Unfortunately we felt let down by the lack of attention our children got from this apparent qualified nanny who seemed on most occasions to be missing in action and when this Nanny was about she seemed less than enthusiastic wanting to interact with the children. I thought nannies were supposed to actually like children. Now I know food on airplanes isn't supposed to be amazing, especially in economy but the matter they classified as "food" was about as tasty as a smelly sock after football practise in fact a more accurate description of what they were serving up would be slop with a fancy name. I'm pretty sure the sautéed potatoes was cardboard and that kofta isn't a sausage that has had the life shrivelled out of it. The drink selection wasn't better with a smorgasbord of typical commercial larger which leave a disappointing metallic after-taste. In total we flew 4 legs with this lame imitation airline and on each occasion we were delayed by an hour. That's 4 hours in total that. Part of the reason is a lack of staff at the check in counters and the other being the shambolic nature of Abu Dhabi airport where planes are parked willy nilly along the tarmac waiting for a gate to load the latest bunch of impatient and weary travellers while arrivals are ushered into buses like cattle and given a tour of the entire airport before finally dropping arrivals at their intended destination. All in all if you are a parent travelling to the other side of the world with your 2 little bundles of joy only fly this cheap imitation of an airline if it's the cheapest ticket you can find by a long shot.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 May 2015 by Andrew Marshall    (UK)

I have used Etihad for years now but haven't traveled with them for the last 3 years. We booked flight MAN-HKT and PEK-MAN both via AUH. After reading the reviews on here I was wishing I had booked with Emirates or Qatar. I have since returned and couldn't really fault Etihad at all. What people need to realize when adding a review is that Long Haul travel in Economy isn't great, its what you make it. All our flights were on time, my wife got her special meals and I had one of the best meals onboard a plane. We had exit seats on the return legs that we booked and paid extra for in advance and this really did make a difference. They have introduced and new pillow that's amazingly comfortable and allowed me to sleep when I don't normally. We were very satisfied with Etihad this time, the only let down was the congestion in Abu Dhabi airport, its far too small now but you can see the new airport is well under way so this issue should be gone soon. Inflight entertainment is excellent, lots of choice and many series box sets now.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 April 2015 by Margaret Wells    (UK)

I recently made a lightening trip to and from New Zealand to attend my mother's funeral. I did get rather confused at Heathrow and ground staff at Heathrow were extremely helpful, they must have notified ground staff at Abu Dhabi as someone was there to meet me, take me through security, on to a lovely lounge and escort me back later to the aeroplane. This also occurred on my return trip, when I touched down at Abu Dhabi on Fri 24 April. I will use Etihad when possible in the future.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 April 2015 by K David    (Australia)

Recently flew economy from Sydney-Tehran, Istanbul-Sydney with Etihad, and overall was not that impressed. On my first flight Sydney - Abu Dhabi I had selected my seat months in advance, as I prefer the aisle then the day of check in I saw that I had lost my aisle seat and had been placed in the middle. I managed to get an aisle seat by checking online the next day but only by chance, as my several calls to Etihad staff said that there was nothing that they could do about it. Check in staff was okay, but pretty cold. In-Flight service terrible barely saw attendants and only two drinks services on a 14 hour flight. Entertainment system was okay but not as good as Emirates. Flight from Abu Dhabi-Tehran was better but only because I got upgraded to business. Return flights from Istanbul-Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Sydney were also pretty bad, and the service left a lot to be desired. One thing that really annoys me is that on all of my flights they stated that the boarding time was one hour before departure, but then you would get to the gate and only board 30 minutes before. Overall I would choose Emirates over Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Alwahedi Saeed    (UAE)

I booked a flight to Tokyo at a discounted price, an offer by Etihad Airways, I came to know later that the fare price did not include the Chauffeur service which was bizarre and unprecedented. The seat I selected when I checked in online was given to an another guest which, eventually, they gave me the seat reluctantly. The seat was unbelievably congested for myself, a medium sized person, and I did not receive a personal care kit. The menu offers mainly Arabic and Japanese selections which I found lacking. It took the flight attendant literally an hour to serve me a bottle of water. I selected a Japanese breakfast and they served it promptly, however, the dishes tastes were bland compared to Japanese dishes I experienced later on my trip. Hence, I was really underwhelmed by the experience, but maintained my composure throughout the flight and really felt sympathetic towards travelers who were seated in the Economy cabin for 10 hours and surely they had their share of inconveniences. A disappointment for an airline who strives to be the best.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Alwahedi Saeed    (UAE)

I had a return flight from Tokyo to Abu Dhabi and I was upgraded to a First Class seat. The 12 hours flight was my best experience to date as I was greeted by the flight manager, seated and instructed to relax and enjoy. The seat was comfortable and spacious, later on, the flight attendant prepared the seat to be a bed which was on par with hotels beds and I spent 8 hours sleeping out of the 12 hours flight. The menu had exquisite selections and the in- flight chief made sure that the food was served promptly and perfectly. The food was a delight to have and memorable to experience. The flight manager was attentive and a good listener, he literally meant his instruction to relax and enjoy. Ultimately, the experience was overwhelming and sublime. I have had flights on First Class cabin and Business Class cabin but this is the first time I had really met with an outstanding hospitality. I am looking forward experiencing the same treatment and I hope Etihad Airways can make it happen on all of their flights.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 April 2015 by T Siva    (Canada)

Horrible travel experience to Toronto. Seat change multiple times. When I booked the ticket I reserved the 44A Window Side Seat, and it was Confirmed. Boarding Pass confirmed and showed that I got that 44A. When I boarded the flight in Abu Dhabi I got Seat 44A, and I was settled and waiting for take off. A few minutes before take off another passenger came and claimed that he had reserved seat 44A. Finally, they asked me to vacate this seat just before takeoff. I was given another seat which was not a window seat. The new seat did not have the sound system working for the entertainment. Finally, I was placed in seat 55A in the very last row seat, close to the toilet and food preparation area. When the flight took off, I tried to watch a movie, the audio was not working for this one too. I moved to the adjacent seat 55B which was unoccupied however the audio did not work there either. I informed the flight attendant to reset the audio or do something about it, however they looked helpless and were unable to resolve this problem. After the meal, I tried to move to yet another seat (54F) this time to try to watch a movie, but had to get up to make way for the original user who wanted to spread out and sleep using all the 2 seats I was once again forced to leave this seat. This entire experience was very frustrating. Entertainment system is a very basic and fundamental thing on any flight. Looks like there is no procedure to ensure that this basic functionality is available to all the guests.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 April 2015 by Deepak Thakkar    (USA)

SFO-AUH-BOM r/t. Mix of Jet operated Etihad and Etihad flights (787) in business. Excellent flights. I am usually on OneWorld and prefer Qatar but was most impressed with Etihad. Not as flashy as Qatar in some instances, but genuine, sincere and excellent hard and soft product. The Jet flights have good seats - I was worried about the herringbone seating, but was excellent. The 787 business studio is world class - first class quality and beats Qatar business. The food is very good - Qatar may be a bit better here and also in the amenity kits etc, but Etihad flies first on most routes and Qatar does not, so that may explain the difference in the business product. The lounge in AUH is good - Qatar is slightly better but Etihad has an excellent spa and the services are excellent and so is the food. Bombay lounge is the shared lounge and is excellent! The limo services on all ends is excellent- on time, courteous and in impeccable luxury sedans. Very impressed and will fly Etihad again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 April 2015 by B Burrell    (Australia)

MEL-AUH-LHR. LHR-AUH-MEL. Lounge at Melbourne shared with Air NZ and was poor compared with AUH and LHR. Flight through to London was excellent and hard to fault. Wines, food and service all top notch. Lounge at LHR very comfortable, food good and we were offered foot massages which we enjoyed. Lounge at AUH excellent, food very good, and lounge also comfortable. Would definitely fly Etihad Business again. Arrived LHR Christmas Day and, would you believe it, the underground was closed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 by E White    (South Africa)

JNB-AUH-DUB. JNB-AUH: Priority check in at OR Tambo was quick. Priority boarding went quick too. The flight to AUH was the standard Etihad flight. The menu has not changed - this should be looked into. It was the Jet Airways aircraft, with Etihad cabin crew. I actually like the Jet business class seats. I was in row K, which is very private as it faces a wall. AUH-DUB: Very long queue to get into boarding gate at AUH - no priority line. I think it took about 20 minutes. This is unacceptable. Cabin crew were great on flight, especially the senior attendant in business class, lady wearing purple hat. She was always smiling and did her job great.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by V Power    (UK)

Flew Dublin to Brisbane. Check in at Dublin was fine. Lounge service in the Etihad lounge was very good and the al a carte meal choices prior to take off were very good. Staff very courteous and discrete. On board service very good. Flight was full, food and drink orders were taken prior to take off and served individually after we reached the cruise. All very comfortable. Abu Dhabi airport is extremely busy when the morning wave of flights arrive. Good to see that the new terminal is taking shape in the centre of the airfield, but it will be 2017 before it is operational. Still, given the limitations and the use of buses to take passengers to and from the aircraft, it seems to work okay. Flights from BNE to DUB were full. Very good service on board. Easy transit stop in Singapore and very efficient boarding process. Transit in AUH was easier as it was the second wave of flights at the airport and much quieter. However, if you board through terminal 1, be prepared for a bit of chaos! Flight to DUB was good. I think that it was used as a training flight for three food and beverage managers. Can't complain too much as it resulted in good service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 April 2015 by A Amin    (USA)

March 26, 2015, JFK-AUH, flight 102 and Apr 4, 2015, AUH-JFK, flight 101. To AUH, boarding was total chaos. Jet Airways staff were curt and not properly stocked. Had ordered kids meals for my 3 kids, but none were given - I had to go up to the galley and ask for them personally. Food was well below my expectations. Returning AUH-JFK was terrible. Check-in took 45 minutes because the agent couldn't print our baggage tags. Boarding and the US ICE Pre- clearance was a breeze, and we were among the first to board. My wife, a doctor herself, 6 months pregnant and traveling with a letter from her physician clearing her for travel, suffered the most. Once onboard and in our seats, a flight attendant noticed my wife was pregnant, and asked for her letter. Flight attendant said that the letter was insufficient (remember that this was the return flight - had already been allowed to fly to AUH and had checked-in at the desk, gone through two security checkpoints, US Customs and the gate agent), and tried to kick her off the flight. After a ground crew member came to ask about our bags (to remove them from the aircraft), and realizing that they would have to remove 7 passengers and 14 checked bags, they allowed us to stay, but only after delaying the flight for an hour. Food on the return flight was terrible. Small portions, poor selection (didn't give us a menu at all). Considering that the return was a 14 hour flight, they should have given us more food during the voyage. At least the rest of the cabin crew was relatively nicer, but not overly so. Lavatories were actually kept in decent shape, and they gave us plenty of water to drink. Upon arrival at JFK, the gate staff was rude, pushy, and noticeably cranky. Will never fly Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by T Dutta    (USA)

Terrible flight experience. I was travelling alone with my 10 month baby. Hardly received any assistance from the staff. In fact the flight attendants were extremely rude and inefficient. The food was awful and service very slow. I had booked my journey allured by the fact that they have a so called "flying nanny" onboard, which was totally non-existent. There were hardly any staff attending to our general needs. The experience at Abu Dhabi airport was a nightmare. This was a long journey from Kolkata to Chicago, hence had to face a lot of hassle due to the poor service. I will not recommend any mother travelling alone with a baby to fly Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Alun Williams    (UK)

My wife and I travelled Business Class, on a round trip, from London Heathrow via Abu Dhabi to Phuket, Thailand, in March/April 2015. This was the first time we had used Etihad and we were delighted. Although the food on the outgoing trip was not quite as good as the return leg, it was still very good. The meal on the Phuket to Abu Dhabi leg of the return journey was the best we have ever had on an airline and the service could not be faulted! The wine was excellent and included a Grand Cru claret. To top the whole experience off, the service from the cabin crew was absolutely superb, they could not have been more attentive and helpful. We shall certainly be using Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Mario Sawaya    (Kuwait)

Round-trip KWI-AUH-ORD. Great airline and the most comfortable long flight I have had. Why? Here's why. First starting with the ground staff who where very helpful, and things got better when I got upgraded to B.class. On board the crew were very nice and attentive to details. Calling you by name, is something that made me more comfortable onboard. The seat that turns into a fully flat bed is something I really needed and enjoyed during the long trip plus they had the perfect pillow. The food was good, very well presented, plus served with a smile. If I have to complain about something, I would ask them to reduce the volume for the PA on board and to consider spices other than Indian spices in their food. Other than that, things were great.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by J Miller    (USA)

Flew 3/19/2015 return 3/25/2015 in Y class. I expected to have a good experience, wrong. Food, seats and service were substandard. J&F seem to be better but I can't justify $1200-1500 US for J. AUH is just a mess and confusing, it's possible I would fly them again but doubtful. They would have to be 25-50% below anyone else's price.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 by G Richardson    (Australia)

First time flyer with Etihad Airways and last time. Flight EY461, Melbourne to Abu Dhabi economy. Can't expect too much, but my wife and I feel short changed. Mad rush through Abu Dhabi airport, queues all over the place, just made our flight to London. Not enough staff in economy class, 2 sometimes 3. Too long to get served. Hot refresher towels 2 hours into the flight. Meals too small in plastic trays. All seemed to be an exercise in cost cutting. Staff very indifferent to service and comfort. Return flight EY32, Paris to Abu Dhabi an hour and a half late leaving. Another mad rush to make flight at Abu Dhabi airport and then waited for over an hour in the aircraft before taxiing to take off to return to Melbourne.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 by Dominik Pie    (Germany)

HCM City to Frankfurt via Abu Dhabi. Flight left with over one hour delay, connection flight was just 1 hr 20 mins later. Had to run through the Abu Dhabi Airport (people were holding papers with Frankfurt on it and the gate). When we finally arrived at the gate, we were sent back to the immigration desk in the other end of the airport and the Etihad workers ensured us to hold the plane for us (14 people in total). We were waiting in front of the desk for over 30 mins and were them told that the plane left already. One of the worst services I have experienced!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 March 2015 by Eileen Thomas    (UK)

Dublin to Bangkok. For a family holiday, four adults, two children a special trip because it is my sixtieth birthday. This is one of the worst airlines that I have travelled on. The staff looked tired and unhappy, they WERE unhelpful and unfriendly - flight nanny only seen once. Food horrible, service non-existent. This was very disappointing because I have travelled with this airline before. When leaving the aircraft I said to the male attendant this was one of the worst flights I have had, his reply was have a nice day.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by N Whear    (UK)

Manchester to Abu Dhabi, EY022. Abu Dhabi to Bangkok, EY408. Flew Business from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and then on to Bangkok. Great service all the way from airport lounge to baggage reclaim. Bid for upgrade and so got it slightly cheaper than buying scheduled. Very comfortable flight and will use this outfit again - also great movies!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Michaels Schade    (United Arab Emirates)

AUH-BKK, 6hr night flight on a B777ER. Dinner service took 2.5hrs to complete, snack service 2hrs before arrival, so passengers were given 1.5 hr to rest. Etihad Y class seats are probably among the worst in the industry, very very hard, seat pitch is a joke, and you need a lot of strength to recline those few cm. Staff in charge of my section grouchy, tired looking, she was clumsy while pushing the trolley, and pushed the trolley into my leg twice, no apology. Overall, very mediocre. No idea why they call the self the "worlds leading airlines", sounds like a joke to me.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by R Middleton    (UK)

We flew business class from LHR to Perth recently and back. Three of the four flights were ok but the Abu Dhabi to Perth was poor and disappointing. Abu Dhabi as a transit passenger is a nightmare but they seem to doing something about it. They make great claims about the food they serve but unimpressed. Won't dismiss them for our next flight but I will look closely at the competition and may move back to Emirates.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by S Mikes    (Canada)

Phuket to Abu Dhabi. Business Class. Check-in was chaotic but this is the airport's fault not Etihad. Was asked to come to front of queue as I'm Gold Elite. Flight was fine - seats are leather. Staff is just ok. Nothing special or memorable.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by M Smith    (Canada)

Etihad First Class, JFK to Abu Dhabi on Jet Airways airplane. Am Gold Elite with Etihad. Only 2 people in F and not a great experience. Would not pay the same money on Jet as in Etihad. Boarding was chaos. No special announcement or queue for Business/First or Gold / Gold Elite members. Got on board, no one came to see me and introduce themselves. Alone for several minutes. On board chef was very good though. Seats were rubbish. Scratched, rugged, not the glamour you see in Etihad's videos and on their site. Not leather but cloth. Things broken. Not a good experience. Food was 95% Indian, I like Indian food but there must be more choice and variety. Service was not First Class. Un-attentive, not engaging. Had to keep asking for them to clear plates, provide drink etc.. Would not recommend the morning flight on Etihad/Jet Airways.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by S Mikes    (Canada)

Abu Dhabi to Washington Dulles. First Class. Am on the plane right now using the wifi from AUH to Washington Dulles. It is on the new B787 Dreamliner. Major difference in a positive way to the Jet Airways experience 10 days ago. However, this is still nowhere near the Asian airlines. 1) I cannot sleep although I want to. Not Etihad's fault but this airplane has the fancy "dimmers" on the windows. There is no window shade, so I have the brightness of the moon directly on my pillow! Tried using eye shades and they worked for a while, but the cabin will never be dark. Absolutely horrible design - everyone complaining across all cabins that can't get to sleep. It's like having a bright LED lightpost light on all the time. 2) Food: ordered rib eye medium-well. Came out super-well. "Oven baked French Fries" are stodgy and not tasty. The beef jus was good. 3) Service is ok. Friendly but still a bit clinical. 4) Seats are fine and better than the Jet Airways cloth. The headphones though have a slight hiss. All in all, would not rate this flight positively just because it is so hard to sleep with the light coming into the cabin. It's a 14 hour flight and a waste not to be able to get some shut-eye.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 by S Mikes    (Canada)

Abu Dhabi to Phuket, Business Class. Flight was fine. Cabin crew were clinical. Not overly friendly. Am Gold Elite and no attention provided. Flight was quite full. Food was fine. Seats are the new ones with leather not cloth.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 March 2015 by Jayne Hedley    (UK)

Fly regularly to Australia and NZ, this was the first time I've flown with Etihad, and I'm sad to say it will be last. The flight from UK left on time, crew dismissive and rude to a number of passengers asking for water, which although offered at intervals was barely 20/30 mls, food on board variable some edible and some definitely not. My meal was frozen, and they'd run out of meals. Seats hard, narrow, and very limited leg room, I'm only 5'5 and my legs were cramped with seat in front resting on my knees! Toilets on plane were filthy! Abu Dhabi airport terminal diabolical, busy disorganised, staff struggled to organise passengers, all passengers were asked to leave waiting area at departure gate twice, before being requested to queue to go through security before boarding again. Compared to other airlines, Etihad layovers are long my connection from Sydney was 8 hrs, but due to no crew or plane available for final leg of journey. Further delay of 2.5 hrs, no information or explanation given and no offers of refreshments while waiting at the gate we had been requested to remain at. Etihad flights appear to be competitively priced in comparison to other airlines flying to Aus and NZ but as the old saying goes 'you get what you pay for' and in this incidence it's so very true. Its a lottery with any airline, and all airlines could do with improving economy class. Etihad more than most!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 March 2015 by J Nascimento    (UK)

LHR-AUH and AUH-BKK. Not very impressed. Sure, it is economy, but I was expecting at least parity with Emirates (or Qatar), which must be the minimum standard Etihad sets itself by (otherwise, what is the point of it). A330-300 on LHR-AUH and 777 on AUH-BKK. Both feeling somewhat tired, but the A330-300 was superior, as it has a two-four-two configuration. To top it off, T3 on AUH was such a big disappointment. I could fly Etihad again if the price is amazingly better than anything else, but £50 or £60 less is not worth the transit through AUH or the old looking planes.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Andreas Permin    (Germany)

EY401, 15 Mar 2015 from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi, business class, seat 7e and 7f. Lots of crew but even during the welcome drink you sat for a long time with empty glasses in front of you. The middle row was served from flight crew from each side, this means you receive service at different times. Hard facts like cabin, uniform, dishes etc are nice, but we missed the personal touch with the service. During the flight it was not possible to rest at all. Flight crew needs more training to provide a more personal service. At Abu Dhabi Airport during boarding at the gate for our flight to Berlin there was a line for business class guests but this was flooded with y-class passengers. No way to get through to feel the privilege of travelling in business class.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 March 2015 by R Sanderson    (Canada)

I flew from Toronto to Abu Dhabi, and two weeks later, the reverse trip. I'll start by saying that I've flown a lot, domestically, in Canada, and internationally, though my two Etihad flights were the longest flights I've ever had. My previous longest flights have been in the six hour range, to and from European destinations while my Etihad flights were in the 12 hour range. I'm 6' 3" tall so legroom is always an important consideration. The legroom on Etihad wasn't great but at the same time it wasn't bad either. When the passenger in front of me fully reclined my knees were just touching the seatback, on an Air Canada flight several years ago I had to contort because of the lack of legroom on a flight from France to Canada. Regarding inflight entertainment, there were enough movies and TV shows to keep me going when I wasn't dozing. I also really enjoyed the food as there was a selection of Indian cuisine throughout and I was never at a loss for drink, including wine. On my return flight, before we took off, we had to return to the gate because of a sick passenger; this delayed things by about an hour and a half, causing me to miss a connection in Toronto. Etihad put me up at the Sheraton hotel at the Toronto airport and gave me meal vouchers for the next day. I can say that they were very generous in that respect and they did their best to mitigate an annoying situation.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by He Carol    (Singapore)

This is my first time taking Etihad from Singapore to London. Transit at Abu Dhabi. The boarding of plane went smoothly, spacious legroom and seats feel comfortable. Meals were delicious, flight departed and arrived on time. I will choose to fly with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by J Andrews    (UK)

LHR to AUH, 27th Feb and return 9th March. Travelled as a couple out on 380 and back on 340. The 380 was superb - enormous and comfortable first class suite, excellent cabin service from the chef and other staff and good IFE. Less space on the 340 and service friendly but slow as there were only 8 passengers in total to look after.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Butt Khurram    (UK)

Manchester-Islamabad-return via Abu Dhabi. Wonderful experience once again. I am single father travelling with two little children aged 9 and 4. Flight nanny on Manchester to Abu Dhabi on 14th February, morning flight was extraordinarily good and called my children by their first names. Food choices were very good and all four sectors were fully booked. Chicken option on Abu Dhabi Manchester route was delicious. Our flight out of Abu Dhabi to ISB had to return back to Abu Dhabi due to some technical fault (one hour inflight) but hats off to Etihad for arranging a new aircraft by the time we landed in Abu Dhabi. The new bridge at Abu Dhabi is very convenient. Security was smooth on all sectors. Etihad ground staff at all airports were very friendly and generous. The fare was very reasonable although I booked this flight 5 months in advance. I recommend Etihad to others and will continue to fly with Etihad. Inflight entertainment needs to upgrade but still worth watching.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by B Hunaid    (UAE)

Flew from AUH to LAX on March 4th 2015 with wife and kids. None of our overhead reading lights worked and we were told to keep the window shutters down so others wouldn't get "disturbed". Had a difficult time explaining this to my 4 year old who wanted to draw and color. There seemed to be only 2-3 stewards for the entire economy class. We had requested a child's meal for my daughter but apparently the request never made it to the airlines. The baggage claim at LAX is half a carousel for an international flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Arnold van Mulligen    (Netherlands)

I flew Etihad 3 times recently, all within 3 weeks and the last 2 flights in the last 4 days. From Amsterdam via Abu Dhabi and 4 days later back home. On my flight to Vietnam and on my flight back home I missed my connection both times because of technical problems with the airplane. I had on a 4 day visit to Vietnam 32 hours delay to spend at the airport. Even access to the lounge was not granted because the flight was "economy". No flexibility, no help, no apologies, no feeling at all to make 32 hours waiting just a little more convenient. They just don't care. They have the reputation to be guest friendly but when something goes wrong they treat you as an animal and from that moment they are only extremely unfriendly, not willing to help at all.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by K Knightley    (UK)

Flight EY11, 18 February. This was the fourth leg of a holiday, each flight with its own problems, Etihad are getting worse every time I fly with them. This left late as almost every flight does now (previously causing a loss of connection), on this particular leg I was the fifth person asked what I wanted from the menu only to be told that out of three choices this was not available. The entertainment gets less and less and the music selection is non existent, consisting mainly of a few compilations. Also they are now trying to avoid giving out fast track cards at London. You almost have to have an argument to get one. I used to have a gold card with Qatar and if they offered me one now I would switch back to them.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Steven Rudis    (UAE)

Flight from AUH to Delhi on EY224. Flight was slightly delayed. The business class cabins have few flight attendants making service very slow. Food is below average for business class on this flight. It has been better on other flights. Seats are designed for people under 6 feet. Baggage delivery was fast. Prices are much higher than other airlines but you get a direct flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Steven Rudis    (UAE)

Delhi to AUH on EY223. This flight was very delayed with poor communication. Service is slow food was typical for Etihad but average for business class. Bags were slow to arrive. This is the 6th flight in 3 months and convinced me of their consistent poor service. 1/6 flights not delayed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Shannon Lee    (USA)

EY103, First Class from Abu Dhabi to New York. Even though Etihads logo and livery on the metal, everything else is from Jet Airways including staff, food, beverage, entertainment system, seat and cabin design. Since I am a big fan of EY and didn't expect wet lease service, the whole experience was quite disappointing. First of all, the menu was all Indian dishes. The onboard chef was apologetic that there was no western food to offer. Beverages were also limited. Amenity kit is non-designer brand and in poor quality. PJ's are again non-designer brand and its material was quite hard and thick. The seat is spacious and fully flat in a private suite. The cabin design is not as swanky as the standard Etihad First class product. The crew were generally friendly but slow to fulfil service requests. Etihad should enhance hard product and service quality of this flight to the same level of the rest of their flights. First class lounge in Abu Dhabi is crowded but service and food is great.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by P Sims    (UK)

This flight was Amsterdam - Abu Dhabi but I fly regularly from Abu Dhabi around the ME, usually 2 or 3 times a month. In the air Etihad are usually OK. Nothing special but OK. On the ground they are one of the worst airlines I experience. This applies to the online booking process, online check in, at the airport departing and at the airport departing. It is very clear their management have never tried to use their website or travelled with the bulk of their passengers at the back of the plane. On the rare occasions when their website works at all it is usually wrong or fails later. Information at the airports is non existent and passengers are treated as a major inconvenience to the staff. The frequent flyer programme is appalling. Usually wrong, often missing flights. When you try to claim lost miles you get an automated message saying they will respond quickly then wait months for anything to happen. Again it is obvious they don't want to provide what you are due. There is never any sign of management in customer facing roles, just a group of people who have no power or responsibility. Finally they are always shouting about being the best airline in some poll. Who do they think they are kidding?

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Dando Hayden    (UK)

I travelled to Sydney from LHR and was upgraded to 1st class. Excellent seat, cabin crew, food and drink. For the return journey I travelled business class. The seat from SYD to Abu Dhabi was somewhat cramped. Only 4 seats across the width of the plane yet they had managed to clutter it with so much equipment it was a little uncomfortable. The A380 from Abu Dhabi to LHR was totally different and was a real pleasure. I particularly like the bar area where one can chat with other passengers. The service from the cabin crew on all stages of my round trip was excellent and the lounges were first class. I would certainly recommend Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Martin Walls    (UK)

MAN-AUH-BKK. 777-300. Reasonable priced flights, no issues with delays or with change over at AUH. Food volume and quality was acceptable as was the IFE. However the seating was very poor, we were in a row of 3 as a family and could not get comfortable. The seats had the wrong profile, were too hard and too narrow and the leg room was shocking. Travel to Thailand and the US regularly and of all the airlines we have used these seats are by far the worst. Even Ryanair has better seat and we all now how much they like to cut costs. It would put me off travelling with them again, however the key factor for us is price.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Bankaru Soundharajan    (UK)

EY48/EY270, DUB-AUH-MAA. Traveled with family. The disappointing thing is we booked kids meal, which were not provided on both legs. Cabin crew in DUB-AUH, flight was not friendly and helpful. But, the flights were on time and entertainment was not bad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Anil Tanwani    (India)

Travelled Lagos-Abu Dhabi-Jaipur-Abu Dhabi-Lagos in Dec 2014. Overall experience was OK. Abu Dhabi international airport needs serious up-gradation as it simply does not have enough seats to handle growing transit passengers. Flight from Abu Dhabi to Jaipur was done with a smaller and out dated aircraft. Return flight from Jaipur to Abu Dhabi was delayed by 10 hours and no accommodation was provided. Had to wait at the airport only and found it very hard to locate a comfortable seat. Check in gates changes frequently without any proper prior information. Boarding at Abu Dhabi airport was completely chaotic. Flight attendants were courteous although not very helpful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by R Rosner    (USA)

EY203 / EY183, BOM-AUH-SFO. Both legs were disappointing. The BOM-AUH portion was on a narrow body aircraft, seats didn't fully recline. Its competition flies more comfortable wide bodied aircraft. AUH-SFO was also a disappointment relative to expectations. This was essential a Jet Airlines flight - using its aircraft, its staff (except for a few Etihad attendants), and its catering. The only Etihad part was the entertainment system which was fabulous. As a Jet Airways flight it was good - but my expectations were of an Etihad flight. Etihad has heavily promoted this flight in advertisements and on its website - what was offered was far different than what was being advertised. It was a Jet flight. The plane was configured in a "herringbone" pattern for business class - a configuration that i find claustrophobic for an 16+ hour flight. Its highly rated cuisine was not on board - there were no Arabic dishes offered. At Abu Dhabi you clear US customs and immigration. While this in theory is great, in practice it is far from it. They request that you be there 90 minutes in advance of its scheduled departure. Unfortunately, once you get past immigration you are stuck in a rather bleak boarding area with no shops or lounge, only a small canteen. All-in-all a underwhelming experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Md Maruf    (USA)

JFK to Bangladesh. Flight from JFK to Abu Dhabi was acceptable. The crew were helpful especially since we were traveling with a 5 month old. Check in was a breeze, the crew were great helping us take turns so that both me and my wife could have our meals while the other one kept the baby. The food was below par. The next leg of the flight from Abu Dhabi to Dhaka was deplorable. First of all checking in was annoying. Another thing that stuck out to me was yes they had a lot of multi-lingual crew members but if you are headed to Bangladesh it probably would help if someone inflight spoke Bengali. On our way back check in was again easy and that's the only good thing that I can say about our return flight. Inflight service was horrible on both legs of the flight. We were flying on Jet Airways, not an Etihad carrier and the crew did not know the first thing about customer service. On the longer portion of the flight from Abu Dhabi to JFK after the first two hours of the flight all the crew had vanished and the only way you would see them is if someone rang the attendant bell at their seat. Overall I was very disappointed with the service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Andrew Guiver    (Australia)

BNE-SIN, January 15, Economy Class. Smooth check in and quick boarding. Asked if any extra leg room seats available before/after take off and received bulkhead seats. Excellent service from crew. Food and beverages fine. Entertainment acceptable for 7hr flight. Left a little late and arrived early. All in all very good flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by R Nandyal    (USA)

Overall, very good flight experience (Between US-India-US). Staff very courteous and attentive. Vegetarian food was very tasty from Chicago to Abu Dhabi, but bland from Abu Dhabi to LAX. Seating arrangements - above average. Lay over at Abu Dhabi while returning to US was 8 hours and no place to sit or relax for a quarter mile long line of gates. Rest rooms-very clean. Limited number of many midsize coffee shops.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 January 2015 by Ramchandra Joshi    (USA)

Flew economy class, Chicago to Abu Dhabi, EY-0150, Dec 17/18 and Abu Dhabi to Ahmedabad, EY-0216. Return Ahmedabad to Abu Dhabi, EY-0215 and Abu Dhabi to YYZ Pearson Int, EY-0141 on 20th Jan 2015. Considering the low price, everything was very good. Legroom ok, meals acceptable, flights on time, entertainment very good. Quality of service was good. Blankets provided and inflight entertainment, seats were comfortable. Staff in the air very co- operative and quick service.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 January 2015 by Mohammed Shariff    (USA)

Jan 9, AUH-HYD. Jan 24, HYD-AUH. Jan 24, AUH-IAD. I had a bad experience due to delays from Abu Dhabi to Hyderabad. Flight delayed more than 3 hours, no proper communication from airport staff. Same experience faced on the return flight from HYD-AUH, and also 2 hour delay from Abu Dhabi to IAD. Entertainment system not working, reboot by staff several times did not help.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Laurence McCarthy    (Malaysia)

LHR-AUH-KUL, 26/1/2015. Lounge refresh at LHR good, though quality and choice of food seems to have dipped a little. First Class LHR-AUH was excellent, good food and beverages good and standard of service without fault. AUH-KUL, tragic. Night and Day with LRH-AUH sector. If you don't like serving people then don't work in the service industry. The FA's totally bad attitude ruined an otherwise acceptable flight, though the Chief Steward did all he could to correct the problems and was very apologetic. Will continue to recommend Etihad, as aside from the odd hiccup they have an excellent product at a very attractive price point.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by S Marek    (Poland)

EY1401, EY1402, EY430, EY431. Flight TXL-AUH-HKT-AUH-TXL. The only thing I was unhappy with was the delay (over 4 hours) with the aircraft on the route AUH-HKT. A good airline, for a reasonable price.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Swathi Muthyala    (India)

1) I was traveling alone with a 6 month old baby and during check-in they did not allow even 500gms of excess baggage. Since I had all my baby items, we paid extra $50 just for just 500gms of excess baggage. 2) I checked in and was waiting for my flight when Etihad personnel came and asked me to weigh my hand baggage. Since I was traveling with a baby and had to carry the milk supply required for whole flight journey (24 hours) the hand baggage was excess. They insisted that I could not board the flight unless I reduced my baggage to 7kgs or pay $150 for excess baggage. Finally after a lot of drama, I reduced my baggage to 7 kgs in order to board the flight. 3) Etihad claims that they have a flying nanny on long journey flights to assist people traveling with infants. This was the main reason why I booked Etihad. However, there was no nanny service for my flight from SFO to HYD. When I had to use the washroom and asked an air hostess to stand near my seat in order to keep an eye on my sleeping baby, she was gone by the time I came back leaving my baby alone! 4) Seats in economy class are very narrow. I am a person of lean build but still these seats are hardly comfortable for me. Very tough for long journeys.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by R Coleman    (Australia)

MEL-MUC and ZRH-MEL in Economy. After reading some of the negative reviews about Etihad, I was a bit worried how the flights would go, as I had not flown with them for many years. Fortunately however, Etihad exceeded my expectations. A standout on all four flights was the very friendly and obliging cabin crew. They really went the extra mile and are as good as any other airline I have flown recently, including Emirates. As mentioned by others, the seats on the 777 are uncomfortable after a few hours and the food quality varies, but overall I was quite satisfied with Etihad and would fly them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by C Slater    (Australia)

SYD-AUH-GRU R/T. Overall a disappointing experience with Etihad. We flew with our infant and had seen before buying the tickets that they provide an Inflight nanny service (Flying Nanny) on all flights so if you need help with your children they will be there to assist (major selling point). How wrong we were! There was no meet and greet onboard with the nanny and very little assistance (if any) was on hand while in flight. More assistance was given by fellow passengers when the wife was travelling alone with him on the first two sectors. AUH-SYD leg there were 6 infants in the small front economy class section of the 777 and not once did I see the nanny there. I did see her in the rear galley when I wanted the bottle cleaned but she was more interested turning her back and scoffing down her meal while a flight attendant helped. At Abu Dhabi there was no special boarding for infants or children. Meals, seat and inflight entertainment were average at best. I couldn't find anything outstanding with this airline except it was the cheapest price we could find on this route. We have vowed not to fly with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Rajiv Naidu    (USA)

I had a very bad experience due to delays in flights and no proper solution to issues. However, as a frequent flier, I would say even without delays, the business class service was very sub par. The food was awful and we were never asked if we needed anything. Please note I was travelling with my whole family in business class. I must also say, that on the to flight, the staff were excellent, however on the return flight, definitely some improvements need to be made. I fly Cathay regularly and there is no way Etihad competes with the care of the Cathay staff. Please also see below full detail of other situations we faced. Due to delays we missed our direct connection from Abu Dhabi to Chicago and then were booked on a flight from Abu Dhabi to Washington DC and then from Washington DC to Chicago. Usually when this happens, an airline upgrades you, however, not in this case. What is worse is that at my seat the entertainment system did not work properly and needed to be re-booted over 5 times. Please note, not once was asked if I wanted to change seats. I was also flying with my 2 young children. We originally bought business class tickets. On the 7pm flight there was a first class however Etihad booked us in Economy. Due to another delay, we missed the original re-booked flight from Washington DC to Chicago and were told we were re-booked on a flight which leaves 3 hours later. Upon arrival in Washington DC I asked if we could use the United lounge as I was with my family and stuck in the airport for over 3 hours at no fault of our own. I was told to "calm down" and was refused. For a flight which was supposed to arrive in Chicago around 3pm, my family and I got our final luggage at 11.35pm.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Faisal Mustafa    (Qatar)

One of the best rewards programme. Excellent food, lovely cabin crew most of the time. Ground staff are pretty decent too at LHR, MAN, DOH and of course AUH. Interior is excellent. flight times and waiting times between DOH to UK are usually fine. I only wish EY would fly to BHX directly so that my journey would be DOH-AUH-BHX instead of having to do the whole DOH-AUH-AMS-BHX. Still, other than that, I continue to fly with EY because of their good service and lovely rewards programme, even if it does involve inconvenience. I highly recommend this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Brown    (UK)

London to Johannesburg via Abu Dhabi. I travelled with Etihad this time last year and was pretty happy with the service and thought it was good. I pretty much always pick the cheapest flight with the least amount of waiting, so thought it was good. A year later I used Etihad again and I am not so impressed. Between the two Etihad flights I flew with Emirates, which I found to be far superior. The staff were friendlier, the seats more comfortable, the food nicer and the entertainment far better. In that year, I found Etihad to have slipped a fair bit. The service was not so great and staff didn't come round to offer drinks so regularly. The food on the Etihad flights is ok, but there never seems to be anything other than curry! Even for breakfast there was curried chicken and the sandwich snack was the same! I didn't bother to eat because of this. The choice of entertainment was also very poor. There was not a vast choice of current films, a choice of only 2 (old) documentaries, and the music selection was really poor with no track listings or individual artists, just compilations of various artists and no information. There were hardly any children's films either, it was very poor.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Sophia Demasi    (USA)

Flew from Abu Dhabi to Chicago on the 777 business class. On the ground service with Etihad chauffeur provided pick up from hotel. Brought to separate check in for first and business and then escorted to the wonderful lounge. Great new plane with easy to use and comfortable seats and wonderful attendants. They even came to ask whether they could make my flight more comfortable? I can't wait to fly this airline again. Food service is excellent and on demand. You eat when you want. Service and product on this run is excellent.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Brian Nick    (Ireland)

Return flights from KUL-AUH-DUB on January 12th. Boarding in KL was hassle free and quick. Flight was with Jet Airways at 2.30am, took off on time and light snack served. Cabin light dimmed until 2 hours before landing, however flight attendants brought regular drinks through the cabin. Breakfast was fine as was entertainment. Flight attendants were professional but not overly friendly. Boarding for flight to Dublin was chaotic to say the least. Only one person dealing with approx 300 passengers until eventually 3 more arrived. Suddenly we had 4 chiefs and no one willing to do the basics of checking people through. Words cannot describe the inefficiency of what was happening. This meant, after a bus ride to plane, we were an hour late taking off. Welcomed on board by name by the flight attendant at top of steps. This set the tone for the flight with smiling attendants who were very obliging to every request. Food was fine and again regular drinks brought through cabin. Overall an ok experience apart from the disaster that is Abu Dhabi airport.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Sheehan Mathewt    (Australia)

I would not recommend Etihad. I flew from Perth to Munich via Abu Dhabi, and return. Food was generally terrible. All options were gone by the time they got to me, leaving only fish, which I don't eat. After a fuss they found me a no-fish meal. The hot food is served in a plastic-lined container, the taste of which went all through the food. Every corner is cut with the airline. the hot towels are disposable, they do not separate or recycle any of their waste, the blankets are thin and small, barely covering your arms. The service is not very polite and frequent. The cabins are clean and presentable but that's about it. It is a very cramped cabin, and for the price, which was more than other airlines that offer great service its really not worth it.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Santosh Kumar    (India)

Travelled from Bangalore to Las Vegas on January 3rd. After a delay of 2 hours in Bangalore and subsequently 2 hours waiting on the runway finally reached Abu Dhabi 4- 5 hours later than scheduled. Subsequent to this, was scheduled to flight EY 101 to New York at 12.00pm but the flight did not take off until early morning 2am. Apathy of the staff was appalling as there was no forthcoming information on the status of the flight, actual reason for the delay and no arrangements made to comfort the passengers!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Acres Gerry    (UK)

Flew Etihad from Abu Dhabi to London on B777-300. Ground handling very good and cabin service excellent with nice mix of nationalities among cabin crew. However, very disappointed with economy class seating. Seat was narrow, hard and very uncomfortable. Good sized toilets though (BA please note).

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by G Umiker    (Switzerland)

Business class passengers boarded in the same crowded and uncomfortable bus than Economy, not even separated by a strap. Business class seat is very uncomfortable (compared with other airlines such as British Airways, Swiss, United Airlines). Not very large, as kind of "wall" next to each seat. Due to this wall, you can sleep laying on your back, but don't even try to sleep on your side, you won't be able to fit your legs. This is very uncomfortable, and as I said, not that large for your arms. You just can't get comfortable. We waited a long time on the ground, and waited 25 minutes to receive any information from the crew. finally took off with a 1.5 hr delay. Service was ok and food very good. Missed our connection, ZRH-GVA and was told or to wait 7hrs for the next Etihad regional flight, or to go by train. They didn't want to pay for a seat with Swiss that was departing 2hrs later.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by O Finlay    (Ireland)

I have travelled twice on the Dublin - Abu Dhabi Route in the last month, the seats are tiny with very little leg room and I am a small person. On the 4 flights the food offered was awful, so do pack a lunch for yourself, and you get offered very little to drink, a half full glass/cup of tea, cola or wine. You have to ask and ask to remind them to give you another juice. The food trays were left for a long time before being cleared away. The staff were not at all happy either on the ground or in the air, a smile and eye contact go a long way. Check in on the Etihad Desks in Abu Dhabi is very slow, so give yourself plenty of time. One of the flights was delayed 3 hours with no meal voucher offered, so I decided to use the Lounge but was told my Silver card could only be used in Terminal 1, I was flying out of Terminal 3! I never had an issue getting into a lounge in any other airport. Etihad Advertisement is great but the product or service is not great. Taking all things in, it might be better to fly in and out of Dubai, as it is only 2 hours down the road. All that glitters is not gold with this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by N Ahmed    (Singapore)

My husband, our three small children and I flew with Etihad for the first time from London to Singapore with a few hours stopover in Abu Dhabi on Jan 1, 2015. The cabin crew on the first leg of the journey were rude and seemed uninterested. The seats are small and there was no soap in one of the lavatories. I would not recommend transiting in AUH. The airport is crowded and filthy. Duty free and eating places are limited and cramped into one place. You could barely move. The food onboard the flight was terrible. I'm baffled as to why this airline is voted one of the best airlines. The second leg to Singapore was a much better experience. The crew were friendly and attentive.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Sebastian    (UK)

Besides the already stated problems of extremely bad seats and miserable service, the airline has no sense of timing. We missed our connection from Abu Dhabi, and to get an alternate route we were put onto a long endless queue with a lot of people in the same state. The connections that were found were through at least 3 stops, when there were direct flights available. They did not offer a hotel room, though meal vouchers were provided. The food on the airline caused a stomach bug, which I am still recovering from, and our baggage, which incidentally were not re-routed like us, made it to us a week later. The worst experience ever.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Denise Cannon    (Ireland)

I am a frequent flyer due to work but this was my first and last time using Etihad Airways. I would say this was the worst airline I have ever travelled with. The planes are old and cramped, the staff are unpleasant and the food terrible. My eight hour flight from Abu Dhabi to Dublin felt like days. I will be using more reputable airlines in the future such as South African Airways or BA.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by P Lyutova    (UK)

LHR to Male via Abu Dhabi, not impressed at all. Service was slow, inflight entertainment poor comparing to other airlines, food was good but on 1 flight they had run out options, on 2nd flight, had given the wrong menu. Abu Dhabi to Male was delayed with 1 hour, once on board, we sat on plane for another hour - during the wait no explanation of the delay from the pilot or cabin crew. As a result - we missed our sea plane and had to stay overnight in Male instead in the resort. Overall really bad experience. Wouldn't consider travelling with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by D Jacobs    (Belgium)

SGN-AUH-BRU on 02/01. Worst experience in my 30y plus frequent travelling. The flight departed SGN ca. 1 hour late, which still left enough transit time in AUH. During the descend into AUH, the cpt announces severe problems with fog, and was ordered to circle till further news. On top, the lighting system on the runways broke down due which further circling needed. After ca. 30 mins circling the plane is diverted to a nearby airport, where we stand at the ground for 3 hours. We then head back to AUH (15 min flight). The crew assures us that no flights departed and all connecting flights would still be there. Ground staff guided us to the premium lounge at T1, where the desk clerk told us the BRU flight left already anyway, and she would rebook us onto the next flight. Whilst I wait for the rebooking, I see the original BRU flight appearing on the screens, for departure 13hr. I notify the clerk, who denies the screen data, but confirms it after checking again anyway. It's ca. 7am at that moment. She tells us to move to the T3 premium lounge. The desk clerk there confirms the 13h departure, and tells us to sit and wait in the lounge till the boarding is announced at gate 44. At that moment gate 44 shows boarding for Brisbane. The next few hours I check on a regular basis with the staff for any change (AUH is in total chaos at that time). Each time they confirm the details. At 12h still no boarding, and we're told flight is further delayed but they will announce boarding in time. At 13h30 I go to the gate where the screen still says Brisbane flight is boarding. I ask the boarding clerk if BRU is next after Brisbane, to which she tells me she is boarding Dublin at that moment, and the BRU flight left 30 minutes ago. What happened then is just too much for words to describe. We ended up being moved to a hotel at 6pm, rebooked to the next day's Alitalia flight to Rome with a connection to BRU. Arriving in Rome the next day, it turns out we're not in the system for the connecting flight to BRU, and both Alitalia and SN flights are fully booked. As a last resort I went to the Vueling ticket counter where they had luckely still 3 seats left on the 18h05 flight, which I had to pay for myself. So instead of a planned arrival into BRU on 03/01 at 7am, we finally arrived at 04/01 at 9pm. Needless to say without luggage. Unless the only other option is going by foot, I will never fly Etihad ever again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by S Clarke    (UK)

Flew with Etihad for the first time in December - Coral Economy - EY 401 Manchester - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok and l would never ever use Etihad again. Seats were by far the most uncomfortable I have experienced, very narrow and hard. Sat on 2 flight cushions to attempt to ease discomfort but it didn't make much difference. We had emergency exit seats with extra legroom and just don't know how other passengers in standard seats managed, incredibly narrow and I am slight build/slim - heard similar complaints from other passengers. 10 seats across - 3 each side and 4 in middle. Found some of the crew to be arrogant/rude. However, was informed that with almost 400 passengers there was a crew of only nine in total! Food never good on airlines but this was disgusting! All in all, pretty appalling.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Owen David    (Thailand)

Had 4 flights over Christmas with Etihad. Chose them as they were cheaper than Qatar, my normal choice. Two moans - I had an outside aisle seat on two legs and it felt very cramped - a cleaver configuration, but it does not really work. Came back from London on the A380 and was very impressed and had a window suite which was very good and private. Transfer through Abu Dhabi not too good compared with Doha. Etihad offered turkey on Christmas day flights which was one up on BA. Service was OK, but they start well and then loose interest after the initial burst. Would use them again if I could get a window seat and a A380!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by S Rudis    (UAE)

Flew from Abu Dhabi to Kathmandu. Flight delayed. Was not able to assign seats online or arrange for chauffeur service on line. Their website is horrible. Tried to call and took 1 hour on the phone to get seat assignment. Trip was delayed with no notice of delay. Cabin crew was average. Service was slow. Seats are not comfortable and little leg room for a business class seat. Easily the worst business class flight I have had.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Buehler Marc    (Switzerland)

We flew Geneva-AUH-Phuket and back in Economy over the Christmas holiday. The flights to Phuket were pleasant, on time and smooth. Service is pleasant, food is good and seats are cramped but not more than on other airlines. The way back was less smooth as the flight to AUH was delayed 5 hours due to fog in AUH and we missed our connection. Luckily we got another connection that left AUH to Geneva (also delayed) with a 6 hour transit. While I find Etihad a good airline, the problem is the AUH airport. Almost all flights are served by buses, there are not enough toilets, and the food court offers average food. Also the fact that one needs to stop in middle of the night in AUH, instead of going direct, exposes the travelers to risks of delays and long transit times. Etihad is still far away from competing with Emirates and needs to focus on having a top quality airport which can handle all its passengers comfortably and fix the systems so that some simple fog does not shut down its airport!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Nora Dowling    (Ireland)

I am disappointed with the service provided from Bahrain to Dublin. There is never enough time to catch the connecting flight in Abu Dhabi and most of the time it results in the bags not making it on the same flight. I was unlucky last week to have to wait in Dublin to collect bags that never made the connecting flight. I will not fly Etihad again by choice and would not recommend.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by P Tyrrell    (Ireland)

I have used Etihad many times in the past. My flight from Dublin to Abu Dhabi was good and the service at the Dublin lounge is up there with the best - the staff servicing it are a credit to this company. Unfortunately, anything of quality was absent after that. Abu Dhabi ground service, facilities, attitude and bad manners is worse than shocking. Flight departure services for EY408 to Bangkok on the 27th December was an absolute nightmare. Sitting on a bus for more than 40 minutes to get to the plane, another 20 minutes waiting at foot of aircraft to board a clapped out 777 which had only one stairway for as many passengers that this plane holds. It took ages to board. Then met by a surly unhappy looking crew that took little interest in their premium "guests" - seats worn and tired, aircraft showing its age, toilets filthy and unkempt. Flight late into Bangkok. The major problem using this airline is it's annoying inconsistency. Excellent flight service at both Dublin airport and onward flight. Nightmare from landing to arrival in Bangkok. Greatest comfort is I still have choices.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Marinescu    (Romania)

Not very good. Very poor information as the previous flight to Bangkok was cancelled due to a strike in Belgium. Called 4-5 times to finally get an answer. Service on board poor. Never had my meal preference (on both flights, Brussels-Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi- Bangkok) The flight back to Brussels from Bangkok cancelled - didn't received any info until arriving at the airport. Waited 6hr in the airport for another flight. I don't recommend it at all!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Jawad Khan    (Pakistan)

This was my second time with Etihad. The route was Lahore, Pakistan (LHE) to New York (JFK), USA. I was quite happy with the experience from LHE to Abu Dhabi (AUH) and then AUH to JFK but on the way back from JFK to LHE, it was a terrible experience. At JFK boarding gate, nobody could hear their announcements as the speaker quality was very poor. Boarding process was not very quick and also they were not really good to handle ~ 250 passengers on gate. Although, flight experience was OK from JFK to AUH but upon arrival at AUH, they informed that flight from AUH to LHE is at least 12 hours delayed because of heavy fog at destination. It was quite surprising when they refused to provide any hotel room and asked us to spend the whole night in the airport. I had no other option except spending the night on airport chairs after a 13 hours flight. I would not recommend travelling with Etihad Airways.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 January 2015 by Michael Schade    (United Arab Emirates)

AUH-IST return during Christmas. Due to the usual chaos at AUH airport during holidays, early check in for Etihad guests was introduced just before Christmas. The deal was that passengers would be compensated with 5000 Etihad guest miles and extra an 5kg baggage allowance. I did it and was told that the miles would be credited within 24h - it's more than a week later now and still waiting for my miles. The flights was the usual Etihad standard, total chaos at AUH airport, uncomfortable and narrow seats, non attentive staff, and dreadful food (always the case ex AUH, much better ex IST). I expect better from a carrier which claims to be the "world leading Airlines".

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Norah Lilley    (Australia)

This yearn we flew to UK and back and Koh Samui and back with Etihad. I don't think we did any sector that would be classed as good. The seats are small and uncomfortable, the staff did not seem at all interested in the passengers and we had great difficulty even getting a second drink (would have thought we were alcoholics). On nearly every sector they locked off one of the toilets and this made it difficult as all flights were full. The galley is badly designed as people had to queue for the toilet in the galley which obviously made the crew a bit cranky when they were trying to put things away. I can never understand why they put quite hot curry on flights.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Brian Nick    (Ireland)

Flew EY48 (DUB to AUH) and EY416 (AUH to KL) on December 21st. Check in online was fine and was allowed to change allocated seats to a pair of window seats. Check in was very smooth and they checked our bags all to way to Penang even though our final flight was on a separate ticket. Boarding was very civilised. The flight to AUH was bumpy initially and the captain informed us that it would continue until the North Sea which it did and the crew went about their work. They were friendly, smiling and engaging the whole way. Food was good and drinks were also good. Crew answered every call immediately. Only drawback was long bus journey to terminal building. Flight EY416 was with Jet Airways operated by Etihad. A lot of confusion having boarded the bus to aircraft and then waiting on bus for 35 mins and again a further 15 minutes at plane. Once boarded everything was similar to first flight although a marked difference in crew for who it was a challenge to offer a smile. That said, they were professional in their approach. Entertainment systems on both flights were good with very good selections of movies and programmes.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by J Walton    (UK)

EY016, MAN-AUH, 19 Sept, 2014. EY486, AUH-PER, 19 Sept, 2014. The seating for long haul cramped and uncomfortable. Cabin staff surly and unhelpful. Food the worse I have had on an airline for a long time, and I travel every year long haul, this is first time and last time with Etihad. The only saving grace was this flight was relatively inexpensive, compared to other airlines, so I suppose you get what you pay for.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Dewulf Maurice    (Philippines)

Flew Economy on 21 Dec Bangkok to Abu Dhabi (on Boeing 777) and then Abu Dhabi - Brussels (on Airbus 330). Having flown many airlines, I found the Etihad experience very good. Indeed, as many other reviews also underline, the Boeing 777 had somewhat less spacious seats than the A330, but was nevertheless much better than many other (and more expensive) airlines. Flights were very smooth - cabin crew seemed to compete for excellence! Will definitely fly Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by D Jacobs    (Belgium)

BRU-AUH-SGN in business class. Etihad has a competitive price on this route, but their product is just average, and below the standard of e.g. Qatar Airways. Their business class on the A332 is fairly cramped, both seat space and cabin space in general. Manoeuvring through the cabin trying not to disturb sleeping passengers is tricky and I'm just a 1.80m, 78kg guy. That same average goes for the food served. Flight crew was friendly and efficient. But the worst is that you have to transit Abu Dhabi airport when flying with them. By far one of the worst airports I have ever visited, and I travel extensively for the last 30 years. For some reason they forgot to install a sufficient number of toilet facilities, resulting everywhere, even in their business and first premium lounges, for waiting lines of 10-12 people. That itself is reason to avoid any airline transiting Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Harding    (UAE)

AUH-PER. First time using direct service to Perth rather than via DOH or DXB. The obligatory 90 minute delay leaving AUH negated any time advantage, however. Moreover, the use of an A330 configured for European services makes for an uncomfortable journey for passengers and crew, who appeared to have no dedicated rest area, nor do I appreciate receiving the same meal for breakfast as was served for dinner. Only price will tempt me to use again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by P Jeffries    (Australia)

Travelled from Brisbane to Singapore on Etihad in November 2014, flying economy. This is the first time I have travelled with Etihad and it will be my last. The seats must be the smallest and hardest I have ever sat on in an aircraft and the room was so bad it was impossible to pick up anything off the floor without belting my head on the seat in front. They were so close it was even impossible to stretch out fully. If I could give a 0 out of 5 for seat comfort I would. Service and meals were adequate and the inflight entertainment was the usual standard for international flights without being exceptional. Avoid this airline if at all possible - there are heaps more comfortable airlines to travel with. I think I would even prefer Jetstar to this one and I never thought I would get a worse outfit than Jetstar.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Cairns    (UK)

We travelled in business class on flight EY401 Bangkok to Abu Dhabi 8th December 2014. We travel frequently and this must be at the top of my list for rudeness and lack of professionalism from a flight crew. The cabin director seemed not to have any control or management whatsoever. The cabin must be among the worst for space and comfort. If you can get the same fare with another airline then I would advise you to take it!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Cairns    (UK)

We connected from our Bangkok to Abu Dhabi flight (EY401) which was horrendous. However, we were pleasantly surprised by our flight EY45 Abu Dhabi to Dublin (9th December 2014). The crew were fantastic, attentive, professional, efficient, especially the male crew member. Nothing was too much trouble. The business class cabin is still one of the most cramped we have travelled in, but the cabin crew made up for any discomfort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by M Magennis    (Australia)

I had not flown Etihad and booked Sydney - Rome return without viewing the reviews. A few days before flying I did read the reviews and was horrified and really worried! However, on both outward and inward trips, I can say that apart from the lack of legroom (this is true), I was pleasantly surprised by the cabin crew who were both friendly and efficient, the meal choice, the inflight entertainment and the on ground services. The seat itself was comfortable and I managed to sleep (it's a gruelling 14 hour flight). Apart from the narrow legroom I cannot fault this airline. It may not be the best, but it's OK and well-priced.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by O Lu    (USA)

I recently flew Etihad from the US to India and Maldives. Overall, a very disappointing experience. While three of the flights were unremarkable / average for business class, three of them were downright abysmal. Among other things, Etihad doesn't seem to comprehend the concept of on-time departures - all six flights were delayed by an hour or more. Yes it happens but 6 times in a row?. The Jet Airways aircraft have seen better times and this is Etihad's way of making an entry into a new market. The airport in Abu Dhabi, especially Terminal 1, is awful. Three of my six flights, all international, involved a bus service and a hike up the stairs. The flight crew were a major disappointment on most flights - they try but in most cases don't come close to the class and experience of world-class airlines (e.g. Singapore, Asiana, Cathay). In 20 years of flying for business, I never had to wait 10 minutes for a flight attendant to answer a call. In the end, my conclusion is that regardless of how much money Etihad spends, it can't buy class / elegance - perhaps one day they will get close, however, I don't think that day is near.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Poddar Subrata    (Saudi Arabia)

I had the most disappointing travel experience with Etihad. I travelled from Jeddah to Narita and back last month, and still regretting the decision to fly Etihad. The business class beds on the Abu Dhabi-Narita sector is the narrowest that I ever travelled in. What was most apalling and disheartening was the arrogant attitude of the ground staff on my return journey from Narita. As I had a 9 hour transit time in Abu Dhabi, we had requested hotel accommodation. We had got a written confirmation that hotel accommodation was to be arranged on arrival at Abu Dhabi. However, when we reached Abu Dhabi at 5am - we were told that there was only 1 room (we were 3 business class passengers) available! The staff refused to entertain or make any efforts - their simple response was their system says 1 room. When we wanted to speak to Duty Manager - we were told he will be available in an hour and will meet us in the Lounge. There was no sign of Duty Manager until 8am! We were finally given rooms in the Airport Hotel at 930am. When I sent a complaint on the airline website, the responses did not even attempt to explain why they could not provide rooms after confirming, or why the Duty Manager never showed up. Instead, they appeared irritated by the complaint and added insult to injury by unilaterally closing the communication. Welcome to business class travel!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Lhan    (Australia)

Never again. Brisbane-Abu Dhabi-Heathrow. 6 foot tall, seats are absolutely ridiculously spaced. Staff beyond rude. Terminals at Abu Dhabi are awful. Will never fly again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Mansour Alkhuzam    (Kuwait)

I flew from JED, EY312 to KWI, EY305 via AUH. The Boeing 777-300ER was from JED to AUH. The inflight service was excellent, attitude of the crew was friendly. My stop-over in AUH was about 4hrs, I went to the pearl business class lounge, it is the most luxurious lounge I have been too. My next flight EY305 on the A340-600 which is unusual because Etihad airways operates A320s to KWI. EY305 was also fantastic. The only thing that I did not like is that the A340-600 seats are still the old business class. Overall I enjoyed my flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Nige Brink    (UK)

I flew from LHR to AUH in business with Etihad. It's been years since I have been to T4 and I was surprised with the changes and improvements. Check-in was super-fast. I was given an invitation card to use the Gulf Air lounge as the Etihad one is closed for refurbishment. Fast-track security was quick and I was airside in about 3 mins! Like most airport terminals there are loads of shops, but I made my way to the lounge. The lounge was nice and I was welcomed at the reception desk and given a slip of paper with the wifi code. Plenty of space and great views of aircraft. There is a staffed bar and the barman was happy to mix up any cocktails if he had the ingredients. The champagne and port were both nice. The toilets seemed much better than the ones in BAs lounge in T5. In fact, everything about the lounge - including the staff - seemed more welcoming. Lunch was being put out in the food area. Fairly good selection and it was tasty. I got to the gate after most passengers had boarded so don't know if priority boarding was used. Found my seat and was offered a choice of champagne, water or fruit juices. Had the champagne and it was nice. I found the seat very comfortable. Food is served when you like. Mumm champagne served once airborne and it was cold and fresh. It did look like the individual cabin crew on each aisle were a bit stretched especially as each order is taken for drinks, fetched from the galley and then served. Looked like a lot for the crew to do in a full cabin and with the result that it took a while to get topped up. The food was delicious. Just the right amount and very tasty. The IFE was ok. Arrivals at T3 was fine though the priority tags on the bags didn't seem to make any difference. I waited about 45 mins for my case. The limo service to the hotel was great. All in all a great flight and I'd definitely fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Shetty Siddharth    (India)

Economy class from Abu Dhabi to Bengaluru. As I was in Dubai my pickup point was in Etihad Airways office in Dubai, where I was able to check-in early with my baggage. Travel to Abu Dhabi airport in the Etihad bus service with the boarding pass. It was a 3.5 hour flight, quality of service was good and the food was aesthetically pleasing. Blankets provided and inflight entertainment, seats were comfy.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by A Maraey    (Egypt)

Roundtrip flight from Cairo to New York JFK with connection in Abu Dhabi. The problem happened with returning flight from JFK to Cairo specifically the second flight from AUH to CAI. The flights was supposed to take off at 00.50, 24th November 2014. We boarded the aircraft but we stayed 2-3 hours due to fog after which we were transferred back to the airport. The fog cleared at around 7am. Nevertheless, there was no real updates about the flight. The flight took off at 1:00 PM after 12 hours from the designated take off time. After 13 hours travel from New York and 5 hours transit in AUH was only offered a meal. No hotel provided. We were forced to wait 12 hours expecting take off at any time making a nap risky. I'll never book with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Clarke    (Ireland)

DUB-DEL via AUH. Staff onboard recognized me as a Gold member on both legs without prompting them, which had been hit and miss last few trips. It is always a nice touch when they do that. In general, the staff were all good - friendly, helpful, and professional. The flights were on-time and went smoothly for the most part. The only issues that I had related to New Delhi arrivals. For some reason, there were no foreign entry cards available to any passengers on the AUH-DEL flight and I was told at the immigration desk that I had to get my own card, fill it in and cut the queue again, which made me feel uncomfortable. They should have these on the flight. I have noticed this issue before where sometimes they have the cards and sometimes they don't.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by A de Gruiter    (Australia)

2nd time flying with Etihad and found that the seats are getting smaller, legroom disappearing and squashing in as many people as possible into the plane. Very disappointing and uncomfortable flights. The food was disgusting and a lack of beverages was rather disappointing. The airline crew were in a hurry to get everything done so they could disappear.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by N Hall    (Australia)

Melbourne - Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt and return. The flight between Abu Dhabi to Melbourne return is long, painful and uncomfortable. The leg room on this flight was terrible and I would hate to be a tall person. I will not fly Etihad again on long flights and would rather pay more money and fly a different airline. I think Business class would be the way to fly with this airline or if they had Premium Economy.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by H Hussain    (Canada)

Overall very disappointed with Etihad service. The seats were uncomfortable, food choice was not good considering 14 hour flight to Toronto. I found the crew arrogant and unprofessional. Etihad has stopped including wet tissue in meal tray, a very cheap move by them.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by I Chapman    (UK)

First time flying Etihad. Took four flights in total Manchester-Abu Dhabi-Nairobi and back. Really pleased with all sectors of this flight. I had requested a special meal on all four sectors and this was served to me. On one flight the snack box contained meat sandwiches and I'd requested vegetarian - the flight attendant instantly swapped it for a crew vegetarian meal. I was really pleased with this. Flying Nanny is a great idea. Crew immaculately turned out. The service was great. All flights had blankets, pillows, full meal service (even on 4 hour flight). A world apart from US carriers and the budget airlines currently in the UK.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Paul Keene    (UK)

London to Brisbane on 6/10/14 and returned to London from Perth on 3/10/14. After reading some of the reviews on this website I was fearing the worst. However, everything was OK. The planes left and arrived on time. The service was fine. Drinks were available when needed. The meals were OK - no worse that any other airline economy class. Booking in luggage was easy and the staff were polite. My only gripe was that seats on the 777 from London to Abu Dhabi were a little cramped and the flight was full. I am over 6ft tall but I managed OK. The big upside was the cost of the trip. London-Brisbane-Perth-London (4 flights) cost £753.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by W Kimmel    (USA)

Sao Paulo to Abu Dhabi then Abu Dhabi to Mumbai. I fly United internationally a lot from the US, so I was eager to compare my first Etihad flight. I was in Economy on the A340 for both legs. Things didn't start off well. The check-in process in Sao Paulo took a full hour. Told that their system was running extremely slowly that day. Both flights were late taking off. About a hour each. The communicated progress pretty well. Food was good, headset very nice, blanket and pillows good quality, and the entertainment options were good. I lucked out and had an entire row of four seats all to myself, so I was able to lie down. I was disappointed by one of the flight attendants during the service. Despite the flight not being crowded, she was quite surly. Dishing out drinks without even looking at the passengers, terse, frowns all around. The other flight attendants were fine. United gets poor marks for service, but I think the service I experienced on board was comparable or less good than what I usually get on United. It's just one flight though. They collected headsets and turn off the entertainment way before the flight ends - 40 minutes. I can understand collecting the headsets, but why turn off the movies so early? Will I fly Etihad again? I don't see why not, but it wasn't the most amazing experience. Perhaps my expectations were too high, since I'd heard and read so many good things.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by H Simon    (Germany)

EY 8 from Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi. Seat pitch a bit poor. Food served average. Entertainment system ok.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Glossop Ross    (Australia)

Perth to Sao Paul on Etihad via Abu Dhabi. Now economy travel is pretty basic on any airline. We had some positive and some negative experiences on this trip. The positives, well the flight was delayed leaving Perth by about 4 hours, how can this be a positive? Well flights can be delayed, we received some food vouchers, and when I complained about some consequential costs to us of this delay the customer relations people on the internet were very quick to respond and to offer compensation, and they followed through. Negatives, the communication at the airport could have been better (the ground staff were pretty invisible), all people want is some information about what is happening and know when the plane will depart, having someone around taking the questions is the best way to keep people happy. The real negative was the legroom. I am comparing economy to the economy of other airlines on the trip we took and we travelled on 5 other airlines in economy. It makes quite a significant difference to the comfort of a long distance economy flight. The in cabin service on the two sectors was variable in quality and sometimes (in the evening ) you had to wave your arms to get some water or attention. It is a good airline and they were responsive to my concerns for which they get a 10 out of 10, but really tight legroom makes for an uncomfortable flight. I would fly with Etihad again probably not on such a long leg as Abu Dhabi to Sao Paulo.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Rohit Raj    (India)

DEL-AUH, Travelled on A300-200. The check-in process was below average, long queue with only 3 check in counter opened for large number of Economy Class passengers. The handling agent staff were poor - shabby uniform and very low on personality. The flight was on time. The seats were comfortable, on-board mobile network throughout the journey, wifi equipped. I received the special meal which I had requested at the time of purchasing ticket. Flight attendants were attentive and took good care of all passengers including kids.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Baughman    (USA)

EY130 and EY131. Etihad has 2 really great features that I'm not aware of from any other US-Middle East carriers. First, if you buy a business class ticket there are times when you get a chance to bid for a first class seat upgrade. Maybe its for Gold members and I have upgraded with pretty modest bids. Second, you clear US customs in Abu Dhabi so you enter the US as a domestic passenger. I fly out of Washington Dulles, the absolute worst US gateway, and not having to get stuffed in a "people mover" waiting a half hour for the entire plane to cram on the bus, and then get dumped into immigration after a 14 hour flight, is incredible. This airline has really improved dramatically. AUH airport has its issues, including a new premium lounge that is still too small. Attentive staff everywhere.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Diana Zanon    (Australia)

Just returned from America via London, 4 legs on Etihad business class. Quite disappointed, no MUM champagne on any of the flights (food was very good), staff service was terrible. Offered nothing for 2.5 hours when we got on in Abu Dhabi (even in economy they can do better than that). The girl was slow and sullen serving. On one leg plane was late leaving Abu Dhabi so missed out on pampering in the lounge on the ground. In New York lounge was full, no seats, no service, awful food.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Muthu-Krishna Prakash    (Australia)

Perth to Athens return in economy and we were pleased with the service of ground staff at both ends who assisted us with access to the lounges at the airports. In the plane the seating was fine and so was the entertainment. We were seated around row 30 in both directions and at meal times choices of meals had run out by this stage. The onboard staff were polite though very abrupt with their mannerisms. The flight was smooth and punctuality was great. As a Velocity member I will continue to fly with Etihad into Europe as I was pleased with the whole experience. There was a discounted offer to purchase a Business Class seat however at the end of our holiday 900 Euro each on top of what we had already paid was a lot. As a Platinum member perhaps a further discount may have enticed us. Economy seats could have had a footrest built in to help with the long flight. IFE sound was poor - I could not reduce the volume and there was a lot of background noise. It is also important to keep us hydrated irrespective of which seat you are in, this did not happen unless one asked.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by A Cooper    (Australia)

Terrible for economy passengers! I flew business class with Etihad in 2012 - business class was bearable but when I flew in economy in Oct / Nov 2014 it was the worst airline I have ever flown with. The cabin staff attitude towards economy passengers is poor. My husband and I pressed the button once to ask for a drink and the stewardess looked inconvenienced by us. We paid $5,000 AUD for the two of us to fly to Dublin and back and it will be the last cent Etihad ever get off us. The inflight entertainment that they brag about hadn't been updated so the movies / tv shows / documentaries that the magazine promoted didn't match what was actually offered - instead we had to watch old movies, old tv series, and the "latest releases" in the movie section were at least 12 months old. The seats are uncomfortable.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Butt Khurram    (UK)

Manchester-Abu Dhabi-Islamabad return. A great experience. I am a single father and was travelling with two little children. All four sectors were fully booked. My children were given kids goody bags on all four flights. All flights were on time. Transit in Abu Dhabi on both occasions was very smooth. Our flight attendant on MAN-AUH (25/10/2014, morning flight) deserves a medal for an excellent customer service. Similarly, on AUH-MAN route(02/11/2014, early morning flight) staff were very professional and helpful. Our overall experience was awesome. We have already booked our next flights for February half term.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Julie Marland    (Australia)

We flew economy from Sydney to Dublin via Abu Dhabi and then from Paris to Sydney via Abu Dhabi in October. The in-flight entertainment is great, personal screens and a wide variety of entertainment choices. The seating is incredibly tight and uncomfortable. I had to sit on my travel pillow to alleviate the discomfort. Regarding food service, my daughter had ordered the gluten free meal but on both long haul flights there was nothing for her first meal. Something was scrounged up by the second meal but that is a long time, (over 10 hours) without any food, and no one seemed concerned. It is hard to get any assistance from the flight attendants, but that is understandable as there are only a few of them and a LOT of passengers to deal with. We managed an upgrade to business class on the shorter flight from Paris to Abu Dhabi and I must say, here is where Etihad shines. The attendants were attentive and helpful. Once again there was no gluten free meal available, however something was put together straight away. The seats are wonderful (with inbuilt massager) and a real sense of space is created. This flight was a thoroughly enjoyable one. Unfortunately business class is not within our budget.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Paul Emil    (Germany)

Flew economy Berlin-Munich-Abu Dhabi-Bangkok. Considering the low price, everything was very good. Legroom ok, meals acceptable, flights on time, entertainment very good. Abu Dhabi airport is old and less attractive than other middle east airports, but who really cares about these expensive shops and restaurants?

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Beard    (Australia)

Flew MEL-AUH-MAN-AUH-SYD on EY461 and EY450 respectively earlier this month. Overall the Etihad experience was just OK. We found the 3-4-3 seat configuration on the 777-300ER to be cramped and not particularly comfortable, especially if the person in front put his or her seat back. The AUH to SYD leg was on a A340 which didn't feel as cramped (2-4-2) although I found the seat to be harder. Meals were average and of standard fayre but my wife found all of her pre-ordered vegetarian options to be very poor. The IFE was acceptable. Cabin staff were OK but nothing special. Abu Dhabi airport was transited with ease although we remained within Terminal 3 throughout. Flight delays were minor. If price was the sole determining factor I would recommend Etihad however on this overall experience I know there are much better options to be had elsewhere.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Mick Smith    (Australia)

Flight 487, Perth to Abu Dhabi, flight 83, Abu Dhabi to Rome, flight 84 Rome to Abu Dhabi and flight 486, Abu Dhabi to Perth. 25/9/14 and returned on 23/10/14. The flight was fantastic, left on time, arrived on time, all connections were very smooth. A very good service and certainly gives the people in WA another option. One negative was in board entertainment was out dated with very old movies to watch. I would recommend Etihad and will be using them on my next trip.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by James King    (Australia)

BKK to AUH to MEL. BKK to AUH in J. AUH to Melbourne in F. First sector was ok, as usual Etihad flight was delayed, arrival in AUH ok, very unfriendly airport and immigration staff. AUH to MEL, driver to pick me up at 19.00, but turned up at 18.00. Check in F, 4 people sitting or sleeping there, a bad business card for the Airline. F-Lounge closed due to renovation. Very unfriendly staff at the Airport including immigration officers. Boarding fine, and again 75 minute delay in departure. This airline is no good if you do business, as most flights are delayed. F Class, service is very mechanical, nothing you would write home about. The food was acceptable. The seat is extremely hard. Conclusion, Etihad is an airline who invested money in other airlines, but has not after so many years brought there on house in order. I missed a number of connections (with no assistance) in the past, nothing to write home about and very little features and benefits. The Airport is a mess, the staff are extremely unfriendly.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by A Kirkman    (UK)

Flew MAN-AUH-KUL then MEL-AUH-AUH-MAN. First flight delayed 4 hours, missed our connection to KUL, we was put on a flight later that night, this wasn't any good to us as we had booked another airline to fly us to SYD and would have missed that flight. We was put on a coach to Dubai and had to fly MH DXB-KUL, really good service on MH. We made our connection with 13 min to spare. Service was very slow and if you pressed your call button it was just ignored, food wasn't that good, only good part was AUH-MAN. The staff on this flight were really good. Not many new films on E-BOX, I normally fly Emirates and will be sticking to them. All in all very bad experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (The Netherlands)

AUH-DUS, EY 23, Oct 26. Better than Air Berlin on the outbound flight. Better seat pitch, better entertainment, better food. Love the fact that they give you a snack bag soon after departure at 2.15 am and a full breakfast short before landing. AB does it the other way round, but who want's a full meal late at night? Flight attendants EY friendlier too, so I suggest AB learns from partner EY. Just didn't understand why online check-in is not possible for this route. It's 2014 EY!

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |