Etihad Airways

"one of the worse flights"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Colombo via Abu Dhabi. This is one of the worse flights I have ever taken. Very poor service followed by very little food for a 15 hour flight. They made a pretty big deal about the size of the bags I was taking as caryons. They made me put my bags in to a container and try to make me pay extra when they do not fit in. Some flight attendants were rude. There were some good people, but overall, I have had much better service before. Flight was late and almost missed my other flight at Abu Dhabi.
RouteChicago to Colombo via Abu Dhabi

"Quite a few changes"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | I have flown on Etihad on previous occasions and it had been a while since I last traveled with them. Quite a few changes since then. The seats are slightly larger than they used to be, the staff are friendlier and they have a full entertainment system for their flights to Calicut unlike the others that fly the same route (except Qatar Airways). I had requested for the Low Calorie Meal which was served much earlier than the rest of the passengers which is always an advantage. What I did not appreciate was that the airline had to add more fuel for the flight to AUH from DMM since it did not carry enough. There was a fog in Abu Dhabi and they were advised to do so, delaying the flight by an hour. We landed with an hour to spare for my connecting flight. After another hour of delays and waiting on the runway on the plane to CCJ it finally took off. I don't blame them for the delay since the fog was really bad.
RouteDammam to Calicut via Abu Dhabi

"a horrid experience"

Trip Verified | I have always been a loyal customer of Emirates but wanted to try Etihad just cause they were offering much lower fares from San Francisco to Hyderabad. The journey from SFO-HYD was decent. They have comparable cabin service to Emirates, but their aircraft are somewhat old. The problem was during the return leg HYD-SFO. Don't ever go to their HYD check-in counter with even a single KG of extra baggage. I had just 1.1 Kg of extra baggage in my combined check-in luggage of 46KGs. I should have accounted for the Finance Textbook I added at the end. But little did I know that it would cause me so much hassle. First I thought they would be lenient and just let it go, but the guy was at the counter was rude and wanted me to pay the extra fee. I agreed to pay the additional price for the extra KG, but supposedly they have a flat rate of $125US. The guy was hurrying me to pay the additional fee and threatened me to get out of the line and to come back after throwing my luggage. He even mocked me that I will get further 15KGs if I buy the extra baggage and I can fill my bags with the Karachi biscuits they were selling at the airport. Terrible service. I was upset by this treatment as I didn't pay so much for such service. I called the manager, who was nice, but he wasn't helpful either. I was ready to throw my luggage, but I was not going to pay after the humiliation. I read their luggage policy and decided to carry my Textbook as a personal item (since they are not allowing an additional laptop bag, but a personal item now which they don't tell you about). It was a horrid experience. I will always avoid Etihad after this incident and wouldn't recommend the airline to my worst enemy. Stick to Emirates if you can!
RouteSan Francisco to Hyderabad
Date FlownAugust 2017

"poor service I received"

Trip Verified | Manila to Edinbugh via Abu Dhabi. The service of this airline is getting worse, seats are squeezed and food has no quality. I asked three of the flight attendants if they have toothbrush and toothpaste and no one comeback. If I had known that I am travelling with a budget airline type of service I should just pack my dental hygiene kit in my hand carry. I was surprised with the poor service I received.
RouteManila to Edinbugh via Abu Dhabi

"best long haul flight"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Abu Dhabi. This was the best long haul flight I have been on. The main course of the meal was lovely, I couldn’t believe it was flight food! I got speaking to several flight attendants who were so friendly and informative. WiFi was cheaper than that of some Gulf airlines and the entertainment was great. I will definitely fly with Etihad again.
RouteDublin to Abu Dhabi

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Lahore via Abu Dhabi. Worst experience ever. I always fly with Etihad Airways but this would be the last time ever. There was no leg room, the flight was overbooked and not even cabin space. Staff wasn’t even nice except for just one guy. Washrooms weren’t working, so for 2 washrooms there were lines.
RouteToronto to Lahore via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"you need to up your game"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Male via Abu Dhabi. What a shambles. First time flying with Etihad and will be our last. Flew business class with my wife from LHR to Abu Dhabi and then onto Male. First flight was late leaving by an hour and despite being first off the plane the transfer at Abu Dhabi, it was shambolic. I have never seen crowds like it or so disorganised. It took one hour to get through and when we arrived at the lounge we had 5 mins there before boarding, time for a coffee only. Boarded the Male flight that departed at 8.40 only to be surprised they were serving lamb and chicken for in my view breakfast. We had lamb at 10.30pm UK time on London flight, was really looking forward to breakfast so ate nothing for a further 4 hours. No snacks, sandwiches or any savoury option available. So thank you Etihad I had no food for over 10 hours. You should be totally embarrassed by the fiasco at your main hub. Clearly you have significant transfers here and it is not fit for purpose. No priority channel until you get 2 yards from business security. This is entirely unacceptable and your food choice should be so much more on a business class flight from your hub. I paid for business class for my wife and I on a wedding anniversary trip and got a poor economy service from Etihad. I had heard so many good things before flying, my experience is entirely different. Finally seating in business class was a fiasco too, we booked flights 5 months ago and still couldn’t get seats side by side in either flight. When we questioned this on the second flight they found 2 business seats together but why couldn’t we book them? Far from a great experience and look forward to reporting on the return leg very soon. Etihad you need to up your game, terrible experience and very poor value.
AircraftA380-800
RouteLondon to Male via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"the most horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London via Abu Dhabi. We choose to fly Etihad Airways on our agent’s recommendation. It was my first and certainly the last time I flew with them. It was the most horrible experience. The cabin crew was very rude and uncourteous. Very uncomfortable seats and the worst part was despite pre-ordering meal I did not get Vegetarian meal. The crew member was unprofessional and told me that meat is all what we have, if u want to take it it’s your wish. My son was given food after waiting for more than an hour. I did not get any food at all through the flight. Overall the worst flying experience I have ever had. Would never recommend flying with them. Even if it is cheaper it is not worth it.
AircraftA320 / A380
RouteDelhi to London via Abu Dhabi

"The service was slow"

Trip Verified | This was my last leg of a flight from Perth to Manchester, after spending some time in the Etihad business class lounge, it was time to board the plane, firstly they do not call you when it is time to board (other airlines do) you have to keep checking yourself. Etihad advertise in their inflight magazine that they have a premium fast lane for all first and business class passengers in other words a fast track, they had the signs up but there was no entry so I had to join the economy long queue and had a long wait to get to my seat. What's the point in paying the extra only to stand in the long economy queues. The service was slow and the staff obviously did not have much food to go around, was not offered much not even the hot roasted nuts that they normally supply. Wish I had read the reviews first before flying Etihad would never have flown with them, stick with Emirates or Qatar.
AircraftBoeing 777 300ER
RouteAbu Dhabi to Manchester
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"poor service below average standards"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Melbourne via Abu Dhabi. Extremely disappointed with the poor service and below average standards on our flights. We visit family in Germany every year and having flown other airlines (business class) we took our agents recommendation and flew Etihad Airways for the first time and most definitely the last time. I am taking the time to write this review just on 24 hours from getting home because my husband, daughter felt that we were (and other passengers) inconveniencing the crew. Their negative attitude and lack of professionalism were not acceptable. On a positive note checking in at Frankfurt Airport was excellent, easy and staff were friendly. However, from the moment we entered the aircraft we noticed the cabin crew rushing around, looking very stressed and un politely pushing passengers aside saying, “please move” to get past. At no time were we properly greeted or welcomed on board. The aircraft on our first leg of the journey was old and a bit shabby and the seats were not really comfortable. When we ordered our meal (I requested the lamb dish) I was told they had run out! After dinner was served the staff disappeared and were pretty much non-existent. Fortunately, it was only a 6.5 hr flight. However, the second leg of our flight 12.5 hrs was dreadful. Larger aircraft and seat/bed comfortable, our biggest disappointment again was the cabin crew. Except for one crew member who was somewhat polite the rest of the crew were unprofessional and just not visible during the flight. I requested a meal at about the 6-hr point of the journey and had to wait an hour – the food however (Grouper) was really good! My biggest shock came 1.5 hrs before landing in Melbourne when I woke up and requested a cup of coffee and some breakfast (they did not come to me I had to go to the galley). I was told by the female attendant that the ovens were turned off and they had no hot meals left. I explained that I had several hours in Melbourne to connect to Sydney and asked if I could maybe have a coffee and some toast to which the female crew member said, “you could get some breakfast and a better coffee in Melbourne”. I could give you more details about our whole journey but want to limit by saying I will not recommend Etihad to family and friends and certainly not fly Etihad again. I know that it is not Etihad's fault but Abu Dhabi Airport was also a nightmare - understandably a larger airport than Sydney but even though we were in transit everyone had to go through security checks (applaud this) but was chaotic and over crowed and understaffed. Scary airport! In a few words, very poor service and below average standards – we will stick to Singapore Airlines, Thai and Lufthansa no matter what the price difference is!
AircraftA330-200 / Boeing 777-300ER