Etihad Airways

"see how late plane will leave"

Verified Review | Cairo to Abu Dhabi. We started by checking luggage in which took about an hour for such small crowd about 40 people ahead of me. Then reported at desk that the guy had a point that we saw a number of people checking luggage from side outside line. Only three desks were open for check in. Then at gate very late boarding I am still waiting at airplane as I am writing and people still boarding so let’s see how late plane will leave. And at gate only two employees checking boarding pass to let people in after computer fail. Boarding started 15-30 min before take off time. I am flying Coach but if I would rate this airline I would give them a 3 so far. I have another flight to Los Angeles which is 17 hours. I will write another review when I get home about the whole experience. But so far I would not recommend this airline.
RouteCairo to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"choose a different airline next time"

Verified Review | Jakarta to Berlin via Abu Dhabi and Belgrade, I was looking forward to enjoy a pleasant flight. The first flight from Jakarta to Abu Dhabi was an Etihad operated flight, the last two flights were Air Serbia operated flights. For those, who do not know Air Serbia: Etihad owns 49% of that airline and manages it. The first flight was a night flight, departing 0:10 am. My seat was not reclining as it should. It was going back to normal position, when I leaned forward a little. The flight attendant confirmed that the seat has a defect, and told me, she would try to find a solution. Well, nothing happened, not even a feedback. After 23 hours of travelling with Etihad (including waiting times at the airports), I was about to start my final flight to Berlin at Belgrade on time. While waiting in the airplane I fell asleep, just to wake up 20 min. after regular departure time, because of the pilot's announcement: All passengers would need to leave the airplane due to a technical error. Then, we needed to wait, without knowing, what would happen next. This took around 3 hours. The airline provided water and apple juice for free but no information. Then, the flight was cancelled. The ground staff told us, that we would get new tickets immediately and after that we would stay in a hotel to catch our new flight connection on the next day. What they did not tell us: Everybody would need to wait until all new tickets are issued. No option to buy food is available at that part of the airport. After that, we would be transfered directly to the hotel. This happened another 2 hours later. While waiting for the new tickets to be issued and in the bus for the other passengers whose tickets have not been issued yet, no food was provided. So 5.30 hours after the regular departure time, I was checking in at the hotel. It was 11.40 pm local time and they were about to pick me up at 4 am the next day, so that I could catch my flight in the morning at 6.35 am. At the hotel we were finally provided a food bag, with a sandwich in it, an apple, drinkable yoghurt and chocolate mousse...The hotel kitchen was closed already...too late. The spa was also closed by the way. Well, I did not get any sleep that night, because I was so afraid of missing my next flight, because I was super tired. All in all, the way I was treated as a customer was semi-professional. I would probably choose a different airline next time.
RouteJakarta to Abu Dhabi

"professional and kind"

Verified Review | Etihad Airways made our flights the least of our worries on the whole trip (we had very bad luck the entire trip, except on the flights). We visited UAE for 4 days and Cairo, Egypt for 10 days with transit home to Chicago. Our journey back home was 26 hours. The team had a very hospitable and caring attitude and never seemed like we were bothering them at all if we needed anything. My husband was very sick and had sinus pressure pain in his face, one of the girls kept coming to check on us and got us a hot towel, and followed up later on to check on him. They really went above and beyond compared to other airlines we have been with before. I even forgot my phone on the plane when landing in Chicago and the captain and manager took it and saw me running back and returned it to me, then followed up with us a few minutes after about our baggage just to check on us. The most professional and kind international team I ever flew with. Recommended for anyone traveling to or around the Middle East.
RouteChicago to Cairo via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Etihad has become so cost cutting"

Verified Review | Munich to Abu Dhabi in First class. I flew Eithad to the US twice before from the UAE in first and raved about the food, service and comfort on its 380. So roll on three years forward and a business class booking where I spent good money to upgrade to first from Munich to Abu Dhabi​ where​ the experience could not have been more different and disappointing. The outbound flight EY04 Boeing 777-300 seat was the first shock since clearly these seats had seen a better day and for the most part unless fully extended was uncomfortable. The leather padding kept moving around and thus prone to slide in the sitting position. Unlike the two prior trips where the first class seating was big enough to seat two people these seats were not. The aircraft seemed old and worn unlike the new 777’s which are great to fly. The food options were greatly diminished from prior Etihad flights and I was a bit shocked to see just how uninteresting the menu was. I ordered food but then decided to cancel since sleep was needed. I did not feel like I missed anything and other reviewers confirmed it. I would have liked something to munch on even though the plane had less than an hour before landing but the answer was no. Really not even a breakfast roll? I had to keep asking for coffee refills but at least I got that. Very different from my prior Etihad flights​ where service was outstanding​.​ ​ The movie selection was mediocre and not worth turning on to watch the films available. The other on board surprise was the FC toiletries that were handed out. An oversized bag with tiny samples of lotion or toothpaste. Etihad no longer carries the Bergamonte brand it did ​previously​ and clearly my bag was exactly the same as business. Etihad use to be much more generous in its offering both size and quality of products. Once I passed immigration I decided to stop into the arrivals lounge for a bite to eat since I missed my meal and the food offerings there were a joke. Some tiny sandwiches tea, juice or coffee. So I passed and decided to wait until I reach my hotel. Etihad has also cheapened its car service by insisting you buy a full fare ticket before you have access to the service. At first their worthless customer service said no but I tried requesting again online and got a confirmation of service so I was able to use it. The supervisor in the line of cars awaiting Etihad passengers had to argue with four of the drivers before one would agree to take me as I was not that far from the airport. I was shocked to watch them go back and forth. The value if I had booked a car service they recommended for the discounted FC passengers from AUH to ​the Intercontinental​ $35. Now Etihad has become so cost cutting that on a $5500 ticket they didn’t want to cover the $35 cost or even pay for the $20 taxi ride to my hotel? So average service, mediocre food, worn out first class seating, unnecessary rules for first class car service; just adds up to a second class airline in all major categories when looking at their competition. It was the initial pricing and prior experience which hooked me into grabbing a seat. I just wish I had read the other reviews before booking as I would have taken another choice.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteMunich to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"food not up to the mark"

Verified Review | Business class was comfortable and the staff is very attentive. However the menu and food is not up to the mark and very restricted. Despite booking meals in advance we didn’t get what we asked for. They also ran out of some dishes after some part of the flight. Lastly, we had a Jet Airways connection flight from Bombay to Abu dhabhi. It’s a terrible seat for business class in an old school carrier. Waste of money - we hope Etihad chooses better partners.
RouteMumbai to Dallas via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I would recommend Etihad"

Verified Review | I travelled on Etihad yesterday from Kochi to Jeddah with one stopover in Abu Dhabi. There is nothing wrong to mention, infact everything was good and smooth. The airport staff being kind and polite and wanted to assist. My check in took roughly five minutes. The flight was good and it had more legroom compared to any other airline I have travelleD. The food was normal, nothing special to mention. From Abu Dhabi to Jeddah I felt a little discomfort as that flight had no push back seats and was fully occupied too. Everything else was good. I would recommend Etihad to my friends and family.
RouteCochin to Jeddah via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"worst experience of my life"

(Bahrain)

Verified Review | New Delhi to Bahrain via Abu Dhabi. This is the worst experience of my life. Flight gets delayed in New Delhi and as a result I have to miss my connecting flight. The staff is so rude in Abu Dhabi. Rather than trying to help or provide solutions they would rather behave irritated. Now they have given me a flight the next day. I am a girl traveling alone, staying in the airport overnight is inappropriate. They should consider these facts but instead they prefer being adamant and non negotiable. Also be careful while booking your flight. They book in the name of Etihad Airlines and send customers in Jet Airways. Even if it is codesharing it needs to be mentioned. We are not fools here. We have paid our money and therefore expect service. Rather than the rude behavior of the staff. The staff is not doing us a favor in fact it is the other way around. I am despising this experience.
AircraftEY379
RouteNew Delhi to Bahrain via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"cabin crew were friendly"

Verified Review | Flew Brisbane to Amsterdam via Abu Dhabi. I recently had 2 flights with Etihad Airways and they were both extremely good. The cabin crew were friendly and could not have been more helpful, the seats and lighting great and the cabin temperature just right. The toilets were clean and checked during the flight. The food was better then I am used to with other airlines. The lounge in Abu Dhabi was well equipped and the washrooms and shower very clean with a special cleaning lady present and helpful. Only critical point is the transit through Abu Dhabi airport, that is more like a survival of the fittest, but the airline cannot be blamed for that.
AircraftBoeing 777 Dreamliner
RouteBrisbane to Amsterdam via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"one of my bags was missing"

Verified Review | I travelled by Etihad Airways on 1st September from Lahore to Toronto. I had 2 stopovers, Abu Dhabi and Dublin. When I reached Toronto, one of my bags was missing. Since then despite sending repeated emails,making phone calls, at first Etihad didnt respond. Etihad had code sharing with PIA and Air Canada. When finally they responded, they said it was not their responsibility and put blame on Air Canada. They said they have closed the case from their side. How can they close the case like that? My whole bag of 23 kilos is gone they think it is a joke, not ready to compensate. It is a very devastating and demoralising situation.
AircraftA330-200
RouteAbu Dhabi to Dublin
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"inflight service was very poor,"

Verified Review | Abu Dhabi to Melbourne. The worst flight ever. No leg space and the inflight service was very poor, the worst I have ever come across. This is the 2nd time I have flown Etihad Airways, thinking it was a one off bad service I got the first time, but the 2nd time round was the same poor service.
AircraftBoeing 777-300er