Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Eddy Scott    (UK)

This was my return flight back to Manchester, my departure flight was poor, bad service on the MAN-Abu Dhabi leg, and Abu Dhabi-BKK was only slightly better, yesterday's flights were totally different, the service on both legs of the flight were exceptional, good food, drinks service very good, could not fault any of the service side of the flight, what I would say is that Etihad need to invest in new aircraft or refurbish the existing fleet as the seats and interior are getting very tired, and uncomfortable. I will try another airline next year just to compare the airlines, but if Etihad Want to retain their high status they need to listen to the customers that use their airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by A Alhilou    (UK)

I booked to travel from MAN to AUH on EY22 on 20th Dec. I called EY's call centre to upgrade using miles/cash to business where I was assured that there are plenty of seats available and should head to the airport 3 hrs before departure to process this. The information given was completely incorrect as the desks opened 4 hrs before departure and all seats were taken by then, which was very frustrating and disappointing. EY ground staff and EY's Business class lounge staff at MAN acknowledged the mishap and were very courteous and attentive and attempted to solve this problem. Return flight on EY21 on the 29th of December, light load in J class, we were well looked after by the excellent crew in J. as usual, EY's catering is excellent, cabin crew attentive and good hard product. I just wish they sort out the unhelpful call centre and bring back the old amenity kits in J class with Aigner products, that were infinitely better than the current cheap substitutes.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 December 2013 by D Stefano    (Australia)

Never Again. Rome-Abu Dhabi (Alitalia Business Class). Abu Dhabi-Melbourne (Etihad). Food excellent on Alitalia flight and entertainment system and service very good, this after experiencing the worst business class lounge I have ever been in at Rome. Went to buy a sandwich at bar outside after 5 minutes. No computers, showers or food and small bar. Arrived Abu-Dhabi check in and business class lounge good but crowded. Plane terrible. Narrow seat not comfortable. Old seat. Promotes internet from device did not work. Service terrible. Movies poor. Plane old and uncomfortable. Drinks limited. Looking at leaving Emirates and Singapore will not be doing any time soon.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Duncan Hopkins    (Australia)

We travelled from Melbourne to London and back. Poor service. Frozen food. Long waits at check in at all stops. Not happy. Will not use again. Do not recommend.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 December 2013 by A Khwaja    (Canada)

Business Class ticket for Abu Dhabi - Hyderabad, India leg of a journey originating in Toronto, Canada. Decided to shave and shower before the flight. Lukewarm water, one bath towel, no facecloths, and no amenities kits in the bathroom. Etihad simply outclassed by Emirates on this score. Presented myself at the boarding gate at the appointed time. No priority check-in for Business Class passengers, told that we would be ferried to the plane on a separate bus once it arrived, no such thing happened, Business Class passengers last to board the plane. Meal service a farce: stewardess extremely apologetic for not being able to serve my requested appetizer, main course and dessert!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by George Smith    (UK)

I flew 1st class Shanghai - Abu Dhabi - Heathrow. Lets start with the bad points we were collected from the Hilton by a driver wearing jeans in a car that needed a clean to be delivered to the airport. On arrival we were looked after promptly by Etihad ground staff and made our way to the 1st class lounge shared with Air China. This was not as good as many business class lounges and was happy to be moved on ASAP. Now the fun part on sitting down in seat 1A and drinking a glass of quality bubbly, I had a very well cooked steak and drifted off for the night part of the journey. We arrived at Abu Dhabi and went through to the 1st class lounge, quick shower, bite to eat, felt excellent. Went onto the next leg Abu Dhabi - Heathrow, I must admit the level of service on this leg of the journey was the very best I have experienced. The team were a real credit to Etihad. I had a friend who was flying business class come up and join me for what was a fantastic meal all ushered through by the main steward without any hassle.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Riaz Osmani    (UK)

LHR to Abu Dhabi and Dhaka, Dec 25-26 in economy. Etihad's economy product is inferior to that of Emirates. Seats small and uncomfortable. IFE not as good. Food however is excellent. Three choice of entrees and the option I chose was very well prepared though a little stingy in portions. FAs pour alcoholic beverages from large bottles in tiny amounts. Wine selection was poor even for economy and their wine bottles were empty by the time they came to me. On the whole however, the FAs on the first sector were gems. They provided service from the heart with genuine smiles. But they were horribly inefficient. It took them 4 hours from take off to finish dinner service and turn the lights down. And this was on a 6 hours night flight. An hour before landing, they served breakfast wraps (much appreciated) which Emirates does not on similar flights to Dubai. Economy FAs on the flight to Dhaka were functional. Migrant workers from Bangladesh needed to be transported and fed and that is all the FAs achieved. No smiley engagements as in the first segment. Not impressed.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Liz Walker    (UK)

Manchester to Melbourne : I was dreading this trip as I was travelling alone and had never flown long haul before- but I can't wait to go again. I was upgraded to Business Class for the 14 hour trip back from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi which was wonderful but even in Economy I was well looked after. The food was as good as it can be under the circumstances and the in flight entertainment was excellent. I didn't need the book I had brought with me at all. Staff were as attentive as they could be and I disembarked feeling I had had excellent value for money. I got to my destination safely. Some people expect way too much. If you want to be spoilt pay up and fly first class- and stop moaning.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 December 2013 by I Pezzoni    (Australia)

Flew from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne in business class on November 21. This was an Airbus with very small seats and no space to put my handbag or a glass of water. Even though the seats were lie-flat they were just too narrow to move. No privacy whatsoever. Overall a terrible flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Scott Eddy    (UK)

I have flown this route before with Etihad, Manchester - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok, first leg of the flight the stewardess seemed to keep the service for one side of business class so we had very limited and poor service, no drink on arrival at seat, no face towel, very poor service. On the Abu Dhabi to BKK leg, unless you asked for something you got nothing apart from a smile if you were lucky, unless the flight home improves I will not fly with Etihad again, there seems to of been many changes in the last twelve months as last years flights were perfect.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Tony Williams    (UK)

MAN-AUH-BKK in the last month. Chauffeur pick up and lounge at Manchester were excellent. Lounge in AUH was crowded. I noted that several passengers in the lounge were not travelling business class but were sprawled over the limited seating. Boarding at BKK was haphazard with no priority for premium passengers. This was my 5th trip this year with EY in Business class. I have noted some deterioration in standards but once on board this is compensated by the excellent service and meals.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Mark Craddock    (Australia)

Travelled from Jakarta to London Heathrow. Miserable experience with little to no customer service whatsoever. On both flights I wasn't even offered one drink aside tea or coffee during the dinner/breakfast service! I was also woken up three times whilst wearing a seatbelt to be told to put it on despite it being fastened clearly visible over the blanket! It seemed the only thing crew were interested in was the mandatory trolley service. Beyond that cabin service was non existent. My summary, never again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 December 2013 by S Greenhalgh    (Australia)

Travelled SYD to AUH October 2013 on a 777. Wow, what a shocker. The lack of space was disgraceful for a long haul flight (or even a short one for that matter). My knees wouldn't fit, had to put them either side of the seat in front and shoulders touched the people sitting next to me. Never again with Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Brian Evans    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Sydney return via Abu Dhabi. Must say the flights were good. Abu Dhabi airport is a nightmare, very busy and chaotic. Upgraded to business class for Abu Dhabi to Sydney and that was good. My problem relates to the customer services that they offer. It is very limited, lip service that does not resolve any issues at all. I was charged double for the upgrade, an Etihad mistake. I will not fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by P Barnwal    (USA)

JFK - Abu Dhabi - New Delhi on Dec 9. First leg was a bad experience. I inquired with the crew about the reason for such poor service delivery, it turned out they only had 6 crew members to take care of 300 passengers. If you are flying at 9.40pm, and don't see your dinner before 1.30am, this can't justify any cost savings. I have been on shorter flights before and mostly, they are able to provide full service even on flights of less than 2.5 hours. The crew were so small that even a small emergency can totally disrupt the service to whole plane. There was a health emergency and I must say the crew did pretty well. Other leg (of 3 hours) also had the same problem. I got my lunch in the last 40 mins of the flight, that was after asking for it again. They had to stop beverage service minutes after they started it, because the plane started descending.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by A Gillespie    (Australia)

Flew MEL-AUH-DUB. Booked business and got unexpectedly upgraded to First Class for MEL-AUH leg. Luxurious. Private cabin. Flight attendants were excellent. Wine and Champagne delicious. Lamb shanks were cooked to perfection. First Class flat bed is wide and long and allows for a great sleep / comfortable flight. AUH-DUB trip was business class. The business class flat bed is not long enough for people over 6". I recommend a window seat for tall people - there is 'extra' space for your legs / feet between seat and side of plane.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Brian Brennan    (Australia)

Jordan to Sydney via Abu Dhabi. The transit in Abu Dhabi - long queues in hot and airless conditions - was a nightmare. My computer cables were all confiscated from my hand luggage by airport security. No signs and no warning from Etihad about this regulation. The Ethiad check in was chaotic with endless checks and then the flight was delayed, We sat on the tarmac for an hour in the heat. It was 2.5 hours before I got water given and it was only because I asked for it. The food on board was so bad. There was no menu choice offered for the second of the meals hours later and people near refused it completely. Never again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Stephen Grief    (UK)

Flew in September to Hong Kong via Abu Dhabi and can't praise the staff and airline highly enough for the standard of service and attention. AUH-HKG is code share with Air Mauritius which was an interesting experience but again the staff and meals were terrific. Wouldn't hesitate to travel again and for the price out performs Emirates hands down.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by M Griffiths    (UK)

Etihad are getting a lot worse. Four years ago when we flew with them for the first time they were excellent, a true 5 star experience even in economy. Now 3 star at best. They seem to have been taking lessons on customer service from Ryanair, but without the cheap fares to compensate they will just alienate their customer base. Emirates and Qatar are now much better and from Manchester offer alternative routings at similar cost. Flew out of Manchester and jobsworth checking hand baggage size and weight really degrading for what is sold as a luxury airline. Didn't have same experience at AUH on way home, although check in a complete shambles there.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax