Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

Not Rated

Airline not Rated

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Laurence McCarthy    (UK)

KUL-AUH-LHR, 11/2/14. MAS Golden Lounge in KLIA continues to go downhill. Alcohol now served in a completely separate section near the entrance. You really feel like a leper having to walk all the way through the lounge to get a drink. The lounge, even though recently refurbished is dirty and already looks tired. Check In was good, but everything else until leaving was very poor, as MAS also handle boarding and baggage checks at the gate. KUL-LHR flight superb, great food, staff, service, wine and the attention staff give each passenger is impressive. Aircraft interior looked like it had be recently refreshed and that was nice, Etihad were starting to look a little tired. So well done there. AUH lounge is a disaster, too busy and for a flagship it really let's down one of the best airlines around. Boarding was a mess and we ended up standing (no seats) at the gate for 45 minutes. Flight AUH to LHR great as above, save for a child in Economy who decided to scream for most of the flight - but the airline can't be held responsible for the bad behaviour of passengers children. Why do people with children believe it is acceptable to trouble everyone else? All in all another excellent trip, marred only by the MAS lounge and the transit through AUH lounge. Definitely recommend Etihad as one of the best - hope that now they do KUL twice daily they will invest in their own lounge at KLIA.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by J Roberts    (UK)

Recently travelled to Abu Dhabi from Manchester return. Flight EY021 and EY022. My family and I had flown with Etihad in the past and vowed never to go with them again. We decided to give them a 2nd chance, what a mistake to make. The plane looked tired and the seats looked dirty. The seats were positively the most uncomfortable I have had the misfortune of sitting in, hardly any space at all. The service was poor and the food awful. I can definitely say I will not be travelling with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by V Ellis    (UK)

EY15, Abu Dhabi to Manchester, approx 7hrs. Firstly seat remained in upright position for whole journey (night flight) staff unable to rectify. The cabin was absolutely freezing. Many people wearing overcoats to counter this. I was dressed appropriately for the flight and used the blanket and pillow provided and was still stone cold. Surely this isn't acceptable. Will never fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Claudia Krischer    (New Zealand)

Round trip AKL-SYD-AUH-FRA-AUH-SYD-AKL. First time with Etihad: Flight and service was average, but despite the fact I had boarding passes already for the whole trip I needed to queue again at every single stop over airport to have the boarding pass rechecked by Etihad staff. Airport in Abu Dhabi was completely overloaded and couldn't cope with people moving to their connecting gate. But worst thing was the luggage handling! I can't recommend Etihad at all.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Vanessa Tan    (Singapore)

Travelled EY38 on 24 Dec 2013. Service was horrible. Stewardess did not smile. My sister and I asked for pasta, upon hearing that the stewardess replied rudely that she needed to check and she cannot guaranteed that both of us would get our choice of meals. We told her politely that we could not take the other meal choice due to the meat. She replied coldly we should have asked for special meal. We understand that we cannot guarantee to have our choice of meals given a full flight. However, the stewardess could told us politely. This is certainly not the service that I expected. This is the first and last time I will travel with Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 February 2014 by P Knight    (Australia)

Round-trip SYD-AUH-SYD. Overall, excellent experience on all counts. Friendly and courteous staff. The service on the flight was excellent and staff addressed me by name. Cabin Manager came around to make personal introduction and to explain flight amenities. Food was outstanding and the wine choices were top notch. Wouldn't hesitate to fly with Etihad again. Entertainment selection also excellent for long journey.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by J Quesec    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to Sydney on 11 February, have to say Etihad proved that deserves another chance. Despite my previous experience I booked with them and this time it was a pleasant surprise. Food was average, but service much better than last time. The legroom was way too small, they should consider updating their config for these long routes. Ground services maybe the worst of all the airlines. However I might consider flying them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 February 2014 by G Tonge    (UK)

Flew Manchester-Abu Dhabi-Bangkok. Chauffeur picked us up at the arranged time. Check in at Manchester was seem less. Etihad lounge at Manchester is first class with very attentive staff. Etihad business class seat is a little bit narrow and anyone over 6 foot won't be able to lie flat. All seats have direct access to the aisles. If you want privacy I recommend the window seats. The paired seats are very intimate. Food and beverages very satisfactory as too was the service from the cabin crew. Very basic amenity kit was given. Changing terminals in Abu Dhabi was chaotic. Baggage first off the carousel in Bangkok.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 February 2014 by T Lammert    (Australia)

18th January, EY0455, SYD-AUH. Flight back to Sydney on 5th February, EY0454. Recently flew from Sydney to Geneva. The Boeing 777 is a horrible aircraft with cramped kindergarten seats and aisles so narrow that one cannot walk to the bathroom without bumping the shoulders of sleeping passengers. Will not fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Raymundo Licuanan    (Kuwait)

I had been traveling Etihad for the past 3 years, twice a year, Business Class, KWI-AUH-MNL, back and forth. Food, comfort and cabin crew are superb. Leaves and arrives on time. Now, my only issue was when I am flying AUH-KWI. At Abu Dhabi Airport terminal waiting area, Business Class passengers were being treated as Economy Class. For the past 2 flights, going back to Kuwait, I experienced that there is no special or separate bus for Business Class passengers. We were all being mixed with Economy Class passengers on a single bus. Before, Business Class passengers always had a separate bus and had priority on boarding the bus and plane. There used to be a lane for Business Class. As I had mentioned, for the past 2 flights I had AUH-KWI, this does not happen anymore. I am now thinking of going back to Emirates or Qatar Airways on my next flight to Manila.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Guilloteaux Marie-Jose    (South Korea)

I have been doing the same trip in 1st class (Seoul-Paris/London-Abu Dhabi-Seoul) with Etihad, every year for several years, but have seen standards declining sharply in 2013 and 2014. At every boarding, I had to actively look for someone so I could hand them my coat. No welcome aboard and guiding to my seat, and nobody addresses me by my name anymore. The Champagne used to be Bollinger but has been downgraded to something cheaper. The quality of the food can vary dramatically depending on the skills of the on-board chef. Despite my request for breakfast yesterday, I was not woken up in time and had to do without! The worst perhaps is the chauffeur pick-up , which stressed me enormously. Nobody called me to arrange a time for pick-up in London, so I had to call the UAE to arrange it myself. They did not send any text message or email confirmation, despite another call to request it. The pick-up was confirmed (orally) for 6.30 am, but I was woken up by the driver at 5.15 am. My flight was at 10.30 am and I was a 15 minute-drive away from the airport! On the next leg of the journey, Etihad left me a message that a pick-up had been arranged for me in Dubai, but the time turned out to be less than 3 hours before take-off, and it takes at least 90 minutes to go from Dubai to Abu Dhabi if there is no traffic. It took me countless calls to Etihad. Luckily, the driver came on time. All in all, I do not envisage traveling 1st class with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by N Henshall    (UK)

Manchester-Singapore-Sydney via Abu Dhabi. First time flying with Etihad and impressed with their service. Planes are modern and the seats in cattle class are acceptable. The in-flight entertainment is ok, but not spectacular being too limited in content for long haul. Emirates are better in this context. Abu Dhabi is not one of the better airports to change through and isn't well organised. Each time involved a bus trip to the aircraft. I think it is an airline trying to climb up the ladder and the service was the standout. I would happily use them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Sebastian George    (Australia)

I've had a much better experience on half a dozen long haul flights with Etihad lately than I've ever had on Malaysian and Singapore. Abu Dhabi is perhaps not the best hub to transfer through, but the Etihad aeroplanes are up to date, well serviced and the staff are friendly and competent, if not outstanding. Travelling with a child on this airline was a breeze, and they have special staff roles and extra services to help with kids.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Justin Flynn    (Australia)

Business class MEL-AUH then economy AUH-LHR. Business class LHR-AUH and again J class from AUH-MEL. Originally booked the entire trip in economy but bidded using Etihad's online upgrade auction that is sent out to select customers. I was successful in all 3 bids. Quick note about economy - the 777-300ER aircraft used a 3-4-3 seating as a lot of airlines are doing these days. The seating is horrible and a massive step down from J of course. Leg room was just adequate. The business class legs were great. The individual 'suites' are very private although the window seats are better and more private than the aisle seats. Seat was comfortable and very comfortable when in 'relax' mode. My only complaint was the bed. Fully reclined the bed is 185cm and I am 184cm. There is no scope for letting your feet hang out over the end of the bed. For a premium product, the bed simply isn't long enough for someone who only slightly above average in height. However, due to some careful manoeuvring, I did manage to get plenty of sleep. Overall, the airline was fantastic, although transiting between terminals in Abu Dhabi is a pain. The food and service from the cabin crew were wonderful and all flights were on time, except or the AUH-MEL leg which was one hour late. The Arabic mezze I had for starters on each J leg was excellent and the lamb shanks were restaurant quality. I didn't drink much alcohol, but on the MEL-AUH they had a very nice shiraz that I enjoyed 2 glasses of. Champagne is offered pre takeoff. Amenity kits were basic. The economy section was standard economy. No better, no worse and for 7.5 hours, wasn't too bad even with a full plane. The trip back from London was very painful for me emotionally as I had lost my mother the day before. The cabin supervisor couldn't have been more helpful.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax