Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 July 2013 by J Murphy    (Australia)

Melbourne to Dublin, 28/9/2012 with chauffeur pick up at Dublin airport. Except for the chaos of AUH airport every aspect of this flight was above what I expected. Flight crews were fabulous. Return trip was just as good with an early morning pick up at 6 am, dropped off at the airport and attended by no less that 3 people at the desk and then directed to the Etihad lounge for breakfast. A small lounge but very attentive personnel. Trip to AUH was the same level of service as I had experienced on the previous trip. The same chaos seemed to be in charge at AUH, quickly in the business lounge and using iPad with free wifi. There was to be a delay in departure, escorted to the First lounge. After a wonderful lounge stay we boarded our flight 2 hrs late and I was escorted to my suite. The flight was a night one so after a little snack it was time to change and came back to my bed made up for sleeping. I feel the J cabin is all I need on long haul and Etihad fulfilled my expectations and I will fly them again in the next few months.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 July 2013 by T Cooper    (UK)

LHR-AUH-BKK return with some trepidation after reading some dire reviews particularly about seating in Coral - the check in on line, bag drop, in flight service and entertainment were all more than adequate and comparable with many other 4 star airlines. The seating is a problem though, this would possibly stop me using them again for long haul flights. The recline impacts on legroom, which is already limited, and affects viewing on e-box, the seats are just hard and uncomfortable and whilst I know this is economy, Etihad need to address the cramped seating and the 3-4-3 on their 300er aircraft, it is claustrophobic to say the least. All that said I was pleased in the end with how the whole return trip went and yes I would recommend to friends and family, if price is more important than comfort then yes choose them otherwise look at alternatives.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 July 2013 by J Williams    (UK)

Dusseldorf to Abu Dhabi on A330-300. Quickest check-in, it only took 2 minutes to receive my boarding pass. The nice agent apologised that no window seat was available. Told to have a look later if any became available. Air Berlin lounge was not very good. Boarding announcements were clear and easy to understand and made in three languages: English, German and Arabic, the first time I have heard that on an Arabic carrier. Fortunately the gate agent gave me a new boarding pass with window seat. I was impressed by that service. Onboard service was excellent. The crew were nice and helpful. The food is tasty and delicious. Arrived on time in Abu Dhabi. I will definitely fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Dilkushi Fonseka    (USA)

Washington DC to AUH and on to CMB. Plane was not full. Food service was terrible. By the time the crew reached the 3rd row of economy they had run out of choices. AUH - CMB on UL on flight share service was awful. The only time they offered a drink was with the meal and I had to request UL crew many times for a drink of water before landing. My husband took the same flight and landed this morning and he to said the 2 meals offered were not great. Sandwich offered late after dinner was so dry you could not eat it. UL and Etihad need to do better. Not looking forward to the return in a week or so.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Nicolaas Brandts    (Netherlands)

AMS-AUH-BKK return in June 2013. The inflight experience is fine with excellent cabin crews. But the transfer in Abu Dhabi is extremely stressful with very, very long lines of passengers waiting up to one hour to go through security. Because of the bad experience on the ground I will not fly them again until they have a new terminal (which will take some time).

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Jean-Pierre Ravyst    (Belgium)

Trip preparation and information was perfect, chauffeur pick up from home and the airport on schedule. Flight (A330-300), BRU-AUH was on time, good service, catering and a comfortable seat (but narrow). Waiting time in AUH to connect to BKK was only 1.5 hrs and the service in the Etihad lounge was very good. Connecting flight to (B777-300ER) BKK was on time. Seat configuration is not ideal because there is no privacy, in addition my video did not work at all, so could have another seat if I wanted (because there is 1 available). The food and drinks were excellent but as I was located on the last row (11) it took more then 1.5 hrs after take off before I was served and this on a red eye flight (not recommended). On the flight back BKK-AUH same airplane, same seat number, same experience, the video did not function, same narrow seat but the service from the staff was very good service. Unfortunately during take off AUH-BRU, we had to return to the gate and wait for 4 more hours in the middle of night. Staff took care of the passengers. Landed in BRU with a delay of 4 hrs 45 mins, chauffeur in the airport was waiting to bring us home.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Jason Cook    (Australia)

Brisbane to Singapore one way to begin our Asian holiday. 2 adults and 2 kids. At check in Brisbane we were told our in flight entertainment wasn't going to work in one of our seats however there was no issue. They served kids meals first that were yummy and gave them an activity pack. In flight entertainment was great, food was terrific, leg room really good, drinks very slow and staff excellent. If I had 1 criticism it would be that it took ages to clear away our meal trays, other than that couldn't fault them.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 July 2013 by A Griggs    (UK)

Flew LHR-AUH-CTU, BKK-AUH-LHR. All flights left on time apart from BKK-AUH which left 1.5 hours late due to a late arrival. This would have meant missing the AUH-LHR flight, however Etihad ensured that the flight waited until the Bangkok flight arrived. Service was very good with all the cabin crew happy to help. The seats were comfortable and with 3 out of 4 flights half full it allowed us to either have exit seats or a whole row to ourselves. The entertainment was comprehensive with a range of box office hits and chart music. Meals were usual standard with a good selection although not always available due to popularity.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 July 2013 by R Willliams    (Australia)

Istanbul to Melbourne, 6-7 July 2013. Day time Istanbul to Abu Dhabi flight was fine. Changed planes in Abu Dhabi. Plane was late loading at Abu Dhabi and then we were stuck on the tarmac for over 2 hours with little explanation and subject to a continuous blast of overhead cold air. Why load if problems? Cabin staff did a great job but no co-operation from the pilots. No lost time was made up. Beds narrow and food poor. Pick up on arrival was valued and efficient given the late arrival home.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 July 2013 by P Pongsawat    (Thailand)

MUC-AUH on EY6, 16 Jul 13. After the plane left the terminal it was announced that there was a technical problem. We were in the plane for almost 2 hours with hot temperatures and poor ventilation. The temperature was very hot and we had many crying babies on the plane, not to mention more than half of the passengers who finally missed the connecting flight at AUH due to the delay of almost 3 hours. After the plane finally took off - we got no clear informational on flight connections at all and the captain and staff made no attempt to let us know anything. When I arrived at the airport to change the ticket for the next flight to BKK, the staff at the transfer desk sent me to stay at the lounge of airport hotel with 2 meal coupons for McDonalds.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 July 2013 by G Gifari    (Indonesia)

SIN-BNE. EY470 on A332. First time on a "Gulf Three" carrier. Excellent flight overall. The seats were excellent in Coral Economy. After take-off, crew handed out the menu. We were served a Cafe Service of [bland] wholesome sandwich before sleep. When the crew came to serve me I asked when they would serve breakfast and she said about 2 hours before [a morning] landing. I asked if I could have my breakfast served earlier so I could fast from the start of daylight. She said I could and asked when would I want to be served. Later on she came back to my seat to serve passengers in my row sandwiches and told me that the captain will notify her when could I eat. She then passes me and went on to serve the next row and I had to tell her that I only fast during daylight and asked whether I could have a sandwich. She made a sincere apology. When the moon sank I had breakfast. The way she responded and addressed me was top-notch customer service and showed great enthusiasm in serving Economy class passenger. For what I paid, this is great value. Downside was the in-seat power not working.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 July 2013 by M Thakkar    (UAE)

AUH-BLR during peak summer traffic. Impressively efficient check-in - Etihad has improved dramatically over the years in this aspect. Boarding process with remote gates is somewhat unnecessarily chaotic; this should improve drastically when the Midfield Terminal at AUH opens. There can be absolutely no excuse for delaying pushback by 40 minutes in waiting for transit passengers arriving from elsewhere. This caused me to almost miss a connecting flight at BLR by 5 minutes - this is deeply disappointing for an airline claiming international prestige. Seats on A320s need updating, there is a notable lack of the strip-pattern design introduced two years since past in Economy. Staff service is efficient and extremely competent; exactly what one might expect of Etihad. Inflight entertainment is up to standard, but must be updated to the newer EBOX format - it is most lamentable that only the A320s miss out on this facet of Etihad's service. The food was of excellent quality and quantity - one must commend Etihad on this. Mealtime is superbly managed, thanks to a well co-ordinated crew, and beverages are nothing short of outstanding. Staff could however be a little more warm in welcome, and AVMLs could do with Subcontinental dessert choices rather than merely fruit. All in all, it is paramount that Etihad does not begin to lose ground previously gained in service excellence in Economy class - it was most impressive to see cabin crew being impartial in service in their attitude to passengers of many ethnic origins. Cockpit crew may wish to remember to catch up on time lost in-flight, which would be welcome next time.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2013 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

AUH to JNB return (EY604 on 15 June 2013/EY603 on 27 June). Aircraft was the more modern A330-200 and seat features included touch screen IFE and a USB port. The service by the flight attendants was better than previous experiences with Etihad. Food was good but nothing to brag about. But all in all a good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 July 2013 by A Krummacher    (Thailand)

BKK-AUH-AMM return. BKK-AUH flight delayed 3.5 hours. I received a SMS about the delay and reported to the airport later. At check-in was told I won't make my connection to AMM and there was no other flight on the same day. Hence, I was re-booked on Gulf Air all the way from BKK via Bahrain - this airline is quite a downgrade compared to EY. Finally arrived in AMM 6 hours later than scheduled. On the return leg, AMM-AUH was perfect: On time departure on a brand new A320, attentive service. AUH-BKK was a joke. Airport crowded with very poor signage and no gate information. Boarding took an incredible 90 mins, apparently because their system was down. A full 777 finally left AUH 1 hour late. No words of apology about the delay. Service on board was very bad and crew seemed quite unhappy. Call buttons consistently ignored and when I finally managed to get crew's attention, it took about 1 hour to get my drink. Plane arrived in BKK 1 hour late and then another 30 mins wait after passing though immigration to get the luggage. A truly bad experience this time on EY.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 July 2013 by Carole Powell    (Australia)

Not very impressed with this airline as flight overbooked from Abu Dhabi to Sydney. I had flown in from Amman and no seat for me to continue my journey. Given hotel and food voucher for overnight. Female Staff member who dealt with me was very matter of fact and didn't care about the inconvenience to me. But a male staff member dealing with another customer was exemplary and went out of his way to be helpful and finished off some finer details for me. First and last time I will fly with Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 July 2013 by N Sutherland    (UK)

LHR-BKK-LHR. Mixture of B777 and Airbuses. Economy all flights. Pretty much on time departures and arrivals. Better seat comfort, cabin service and meals than Emirates. Better value for money than Emirates. Pretty good choice for in-flight entertainment. Abu Dhabi is much better for short connections compared to Dubai. My only criticism was the non-functioning of online check-in and inability to pick out a seat in advance, necessitating lengthy queuing in LHR and BKK. You spend several minutes entering all your details only to be advised they have insufficient information and you have to check-in normally at the airport. Very frustrating.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 July 2013 by G Abdullah    (Canada)

Flew YYZ-KHI and returned on July 9, 2013. The washroom size in economy is huge comparable to other airlines I have travelled, but seats are cramped and not so comfortable, had the aisle seat, but gave it to a newly wed couple who wanted to sit together and was the biggest mistake, was stuck and could not move since there was no room to stretch legs. The service is amazing but not the food. If Etihad can works on their seats it will win a lot more passengers.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 July 2013 by O Biskin    (Germany)

Hamburg to Kuala Lumpur from 05/06/13 - 23/06/13. Hamburg - Düsseldorf: 05/06/13, Düsseldorf - Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi - KL. Return: KL - Abu Dhabi: 23/06/13, Abu Dhabi - Munich, Munich - Hamburg. I didn't have a pleasant flight. Other then observing that they have strict stewards, the most irritating experience was to find out they had no headphones onboard which would help to relax and enjoy the long flight. Upon request I was told there were none. Considering the amount spent, a little more customer friendliness wouldn't harm the business. an opinion of a not so much satisfied customer.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 July 2013 by Adil Ali    (USA)

I flew from JFK (New York) to Islamabad via Abu Dhabi, and Islamabad to JFK (New York) via Abu Dhabi, A346. Both parts of trip were good. Flight was on time, even a few mins early, leg space between seat was too short that's the only problem. Good experience overall.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 July 2013 by S Jordan    (UK)

March 29th 2013 - Business Class to Abu Dhabi from UK. The whole experience was outstanding and was superior to other airlines we have previously flown. Service and food were exemplary.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 July 2013 by S Moodley    (South Africa)

Flew between Johannesburg and Abu Dhabi in June and had a very pleasant experience with this airline. Extremely pleasant cabin crew and very good service. Food and drink plentiful and of high quality. Made use of the Al Reem lounge in Abu Dhabi considering my long layovers which is decent but by no means outstanding. Overall a comfortable experience and I would definitely fly them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 July 2013 by S Rathbone    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Phuket, first leg of flight very good, then code share with Air Berlin. Plane old, cramped seats, surly staff and food was barely edible. Never again! Would rather have the hassle of stopping in Bangkok.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Soull Abbas    (UK)

Flight from Manchester via Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong from 30th June to 1st July 2013. Could not check in online for both parts of my journey. Manchester to Abu Dhabi senior cabin crew rude and abrupt to passenger, the inflight E- box service kept crashing and no sound. 1st July from Hong Kong to Abu Dhabi 11 hrs wait at Abu Dhabi, no hotel offered by the airline nor was any food vouchers. Upon arrival to Manchester on the 2nd July the airline had lost my suitcase. I will never fly with this airline again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 July 2013 by K Elliott    (UK)

PEK-AUH-LHR - A330 from PEK-AUH. First time flyer with Etihad. Cabin was clean, seat was comfortable and spacious. Entertainment was good but could have slightly more variety. Food was excellent. AUH-LHR was an A340, two very good aircraft. Crew was generally friendly but some seemed cold and uninterested on both legs. On the whole, a very good experience and would fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

FRA-AUH-BKK return. Forgot to pre-order special meals, but was still available - and quite tasty. All kind of beverages given. Great selection of international movies. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Stop in AUH was ok, pretty overpriced shops though.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 July 2013 by Christine Stewart    (Australia)

Travelled from Brisbane to London and return. Was very happy with airline. I found seats adequate (remember you are not sitting in your lounge chair). The staff were friendly and efficient with the exception of one between Abu Dhabi and Singapore on the return flight who obviously did not want to be there. The food on the whole was enjoyable. Would recommend this airline to others.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Adam Weinberg    (Australia)

Recently flew Sydney to Frankfurt and Istanbul to Sydney in Pearl Business on the B777 and A330. Both aircraft's had the upgraded business seats - I had window seats on all flights which offer maximum privacy if you are travelling solo. Food and beverage top notch - especially the Arabic meal choices. Dine anytime is good but is complex and at times delays the service. The lie-flat bed was comfortable with soft duvet and nice pillow. Service was attentive yet unobtrusive. Lounge in AUH was good with comfortable seating and decent food - the Six Senses Spa is great. Chauffeur service to the airport was a nice touch. Overall, great business class product - I would highly recommend.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 June 2013 by Tim Eb    (Thailand)

Had 12 flights with Etihad this year and I have a silver status. Have flown BKK-AUH-FRA and return on all flights. Service was mostly good with a good selection of food and drinks. All flights left on time. Crew was great on all flights but sometimes they where very busy. I was very happy when they started to call me by name in economy class. Never had that before. The only negative aspect is the entertainment system. Still good but poor compared to Emirates or Qatar. Highlight was the tour through first class including champagne and seat testing for two hours. Business class was good with a good food and wine selection. First was the best experience on an airplane so far.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Barbara Minne    (South Africa)

My husband and I had pleasure of flying from Johannesburg to Abu Dhabi, connecting to Frankfurt, returning same route. Delightfully pleasant cabin assistants, they never seemed to lose their smile. Nothing was ever too much of a problem. I have no hesitation in recommending this airline to friends and hope to be able to use them again one day. Thank you Etihad for a memorable trip.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 June 2013 by P J Trebuchet    (UAE)

EBL-AUH, 18 June 2013. A so-so experience. Excellent entertainment on board for such a short flight, food was ok but nothing special (a nice starter with hummus, cucumber and tomato, followed by chicken biryani, but no dessert nor butter or the tray). At least, even though EY is officially "dry" on GCC routes, I was served a glass of excellent Spanish red wine upon request. Staff was dedicated without being robotic. Bad points: always that appalling Dnata ground staff at EBL, very reduced space and cramped seats (equipment flown was an A320), and luggage which did not arrive on time at AUH. I had to wait more than 20 minutes and lost my EY shuttle-bus connection to Dubai. However, EY is a good choice overall.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  24 June 2013 by P Price    (UK)

MAN-AUH-BKK 13/14 May, ok but 777 not comfortable. BKK-AUH-MAN, 13/14 June, check-in and boarding at AUH a shambles and why, at a major hub airport like AUH, are passengers being bussed to the aircraft? The catering on the flight to MAN was appalling, different suppliers? The saving grace was the beautiful music at 'Meditation' on the Ebox. 1st time with Etihad, maybe the last.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Martin Kral    (Slovakia)

BKK-AUH on 25/05/13 (and AUH-BKK on 15/05/13). I was really late for check-in but they helped me to catch the plane. The crew members were nice and kind. I had the best meal - pasta - (more than 100 flights around the world)! The atmosphere was relaxing. Nice experience. I will fly with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 June 2013 by E Philpot    (Australia)

MEL-AUH-DUS-AUH-MEL. They were very cheap in comparison to other airlines at the time. Food, service and entertainment were quite good - my only issue was with the seat pitch. Whenever the seat in front of me reclined there wasn't much room at all and I'm only 5"2'. Some flights were code share with Air Berlin, which I actually preferred.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 June 2013 by John Kneijber    (Australia)

Flew Brisbane to Singapore May 2013 and returned June 2013. Flight operated by A330-200 that had not been updated with the new seating. Outbound flight we were seated in two adjacent middle seats and these have some huge short comings. The seats are narrow and short and if you are off average height you cannot stretch out fully, rather you can only lie down with knees bent meaning sleeping on your back is virtually impossible. These seats are rather claustrophobic and it's difficult to watch any TV as you are constantly distracted by your neighbours screen. I would not like to be in one of these seats with a stranger next door. On the inbound flight we had seats separated by the aisle and this was much better. The seat immediately next to the window is very private. All seats lack any storage space for personal items. On a positive note the service is excellent from friendly crew and the food & beverages are also very good. Booked this flight with points and was still able to utilise the limousine service so that was a bonus.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 June 2013 by Richard Derrick    (UK)

Flown Etihad, Manchester UK to Abu Dhabi onto Bangkok, 3 times in the last 18 months. The Man to AUH leg is with an airbus plane and is much more comfortable than the Boeing on the leg to Bangkok. Can only afford economy class but find the food acceptable and the crew excellent. The entertainment system is varied although I do tend to take my own. You cant please everybody but usually find one of the latest films to watch.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 June 2013 by D Thomas    (Kazakhstan)

Flew as a code share from Atyray KZ to Jakarta. Ground service was very poor and not what I expected with a rude and disinterested gentleman checking us in for our connection in Abu Dhabi. Once in the air normal service resumed with happy efficient and courteous cabin staff. Seat was fine but as often happens the inflight entertainment system frequently crashed and the screen in my seat seemed to have damaged sound so it was difficult to watch movies. Upon arrival in Jakarta bags were lost and arrived 3 days later. Bags were also lost on return to Atuyrau. Overall a mixed experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 June 2013 by P Woodcock    (Australia)

Sydney - Abu Dhabi - Nairobi and return. Seats very uncomfortable, packed in like sardines. On Abu Dhabi return leg flew Virgin Australia, Boeing 777. Great seats and much better spacing. Will not fly Etihad again!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Tony Heavey    (Ireland)

Travelled Dublin - Sydney on 24/4/2013. Return flight 7/5/2013. Inflight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi I found the crew to be the friendliest, most polite and professional crew I have experienced. On the second leg of the journey Abu Dhabi to Dublin the crew were also excellent. I would certainly recommend Etihad to my friends.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Stephen Riches    (Thailand)

First time with EY and it was a C and F class mix from BKK to Paris and returning from London to BKK. All in all, very good. Their 1st Suite is excellent and the food and beverage outstanding. C Class - they miss quite a bit. Not being addressed by name, seat comfort was just ok and meals took forever to be served. But very good F&B selection. The blue fabric seats in C are tired, I think they're upgrading the C cabins on their 777s. Every sector was on time which was a bonus. Overall I would recommend this if you're ok with plane changes at AUH.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Marilyn Whyte    (New Zealand)

Flights were fine but the system of transferring to partner airlines, Air New Zealand, from Sydney was a nightmare. Air New Zealand did not want to transfer our long booked and paid for flight to Wellington saying we had to contact Etihad - it was their problem. Etihad said that we had to 'see' Air NZ so many frustrating hours were spent at Sydney airport trying to get someone to give us a boarding pass. Only after we, along with 6 other frustrated tired travelers, pushed staff members did someone come to help sort out this problem. The 5 minute wait for this promise of help turned out to be an hour and a half! Etihad needs to sort out their systems to avoid the happening.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Noordin Norita    (Malaysia)

Travelled on EY 418, depart AUH, 3/6/13 at 02.30 hrs to KUL in economy class. Packed like sardines. Cabin crew displayed arrogance when asked on choices of breakfast menu (the only other 'meal' served apart from a sandwich served some 20-30 minutes after taking off). Simple question which could have been attended to with little effort but crew asked customer to refer to menu instead.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 May 2013 by T Watton    (Thailand)

I've flown Etihad for the last 7 years, working in Abu Dhabi, and have held a Gold Card for 6 years. The complete service in my opinion is second to none. However I have 2 important issues which I have brought up with senior cabin staff whenever I can. 1. I've only been upgraded to business class once in 6 years. Several of my friends who hold a similar gold card with Emirates are very regularly upgraded. 2. The Etihad lounge in London is superb, and open to Gold card holders. However in Abu Dhabi we gold card holders are banished to Terminal 1 lounge, and so to get there we have to go out of the secure area, I tried it, and nearly missed my flight. Ironic as this is Etihads home base. Let us use the business lounge! As I regularly stage through Abu Dhabi, this is a very important point for me. Maybe small points but enough to turn me to Emirates when I've used up my miles.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 May 2013 by P Malet-Warden    (Australia)

Apprehensive about flying with Etihad after I had read some of the reviews! I few Brisbane to London Heathrow, via stopovers of a couple of days in both Singapore and Abu Dhabi. I couldn't fault this airline. Service was excellent, the cabin crew were friendly and efficient, and spent a lot of time walking through the cabin to make sure everyone was comfortable. The seats are not luxurious, but that's exactly the same for all airline economy tickets! The food was excellent, and the crew made sure we all had plenty of water, coffee, etc. Will be flying back to Australia with them and am looking forward to it.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 May 2013 by T Arndell    (UAE)

AUH-BRU return in Business. Lounge very crowded as usual in Abu Dhabi. Kind staff member found me a seat and spa was a great treat as always. Lie flat beds both sectors, first row window 5A, seat fantastic will request this from now on, very private plenty of space, great service from cabin crew. Row 1 aisle 6a on return less private but no less comfort. Food and beverages very good, although beverage choice has declined over the past 12 months. Cabin crew service much improved this trip, exceeding expectations. Chauffeur service an added benefit, professional drivers, nice vehicles. Overall, a pleasure to fly with them, premium product for a premium price, however this time round was pleasantly surprised with sale. Call centre staff for Etihad Guest most helpful in planning my trip.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by S Towheed    (UK)

LHR-AUH-BKK return in Pearl Business Class, May 2013 and impressed by all aspects of the service. Check in was efficient and friendly. Food and beverage selection (especially out of London) was superb - Etihad offer quality champagne in correctly sized flutes and food and beverages are appropriately paired. Dine on demand service works very well, although the complex service delivery can take time. Attention to detail was superb on all sectors. On all flight sectors, was addressed by name and thanked for flying with Etihad. Superb fast track immigration and baggage service at Bangkok. Basic but tasteful amenity kit offered on all 4 sectors. The flat bed remains one of the best in the business, and the duvet is warm and thick. Chauffeur drive (pick-up and drop-off service) was booked online and worked perfectly in both London and Bangkok. All Frequent Flyer miles were correctly credited to my account within 24 hours of travel. Will have no hesitation in booking again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 May 2013 by M Mihalakis    (Greece)

ATH-SYD return May 2013. Never again! Packed like sardines, the seats are narrow and uncomfortable, service was poor and the food was dreadful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by Katrina Wehipeihana    (Australia)

Flew Abu Dhabi to London, Economy class. Never again, squashed in like sardines, most uncomfortable seats ever experienced. Awful service, understaffed. Never again will I fly Etihad.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by B OSullivan    (Australia)

Travelled BNE-AUH-LHR return during May 2013. Regularly fly Etihad and yet again good experience. Flights on time, above average airline food, Ebox great selection of entertainment. Good value. Would recommend.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by Sandra Strok    (Sweden)

Stockholm, Sweden, made a transfer in Abu Dhabi, and arrived in Sydney on 27th Feb 2013, where I found out that my luggage was missing at the airport Terminal 1 among maybe 5-7 other people on the same flight. However, got the luggage a day later. Airport in Abu Dhabi is excellent, yet not the biggest, but a nice relaxing and friendly atmosphere, the staff are very respectful with a smile. Onboard, I thought the entertainment was good, staff are service minded, yet could smile a bit more. You get a big blanket and a small pack of warm socks, a sleeping mask, toothbrush, toothpaste, neck pillow etc! I would book them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  15 May 2013 by Peter Plant    (Dubai)

I am Etihad Gold Card Member, have been flying every month from Abu Dhabi to Dublin for 3 years. In my opinion they are a great Airline, but since their new Website has been launched, prices seem to have risen significantly, so for my last 3 trips I have flown from Dubai with another Airline. I would prefer to fly with Etihad, but with a price difference of 1250 AED on a return flight for my next trip, I cannot afford to fly with Etihad anymore. It is not just seasonal either.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 May 2013 by M Ensikat    (Germany)

Took a codeshare return flight with Air Berlin from TXL via AUH to BKK. AUH-BKK leg and return were served by Etihad. Had more than one hour delay waiting inside the airplane at AUH without any notification or excuse why. Staff were ignorant and rude. Both flights were cramped and the uncomfortable seats made it even worse. Bad food quality as well. Only the entertainment system was decent. Not sure whether we fly with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 May 2013 by N Kariyawasam    (Sri Lanka)

Flew from Colombo to Abu Dhabi and then to Milan. Flight delayed so had to go on Kuwait Airways to Rome. The IFE and food was good. Cabin crew were a bit lazy. Check-in at Colombo was slow.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by A Lischke    (UK)

B777-300 ER out, Airbus A340-600 return. London to Sydney. This airline is ok but could be much better. On the plus all business class seats on this route are very comfortable for sitting and sleeping, being fully flat, unlike some Emirates seats on the same route which are all angle lie flat design on their 777s. The food too is better than Emirates in my view. The seat layout is good with the offset rows which give some degree of privacy and prevent you being disturbed by the bright screen of other passengers when you want to sleep and they want to watch a film. On the downside is the business cabin fixtures and fittings which is a bit sparse, lacking storage space and a rather poor entertainment package. And the personal hygiene and grooming bags are really very poor for this class of travel. A point of advice for those that like a quiet flight, the A340 engines and cabin pressurisation system is noticeably quieter than the B777-300.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 May 2013 by B Nadesan    (USA)

Flew from Chicago to Abu Dhabi to Bangalore, then from Abu Dhabi to Chicago. Seats were cramped and uncomfortable. They messed up on meals giving me chicken instead of Hindu vegetarian. Staff at gate and some crew members were rude in their treatment of passengers.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 May 2013 by G Dean    (UK)

4 flights with Etihad over the past 3 weeks, MAN-AUH, AUH-SYD, SYD-AUH, AUH-MAN. Every flight was very good. Service and food were good, as was the entertainment system, perhaps a little more leg room would be nice, but will definitely travel with them again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 May 2013 by J Crook    (UK)

From UK to Singapore via Abu Dhabi. Seats cramped, if flight had been full would have been unbearable, luckily people spread out. Staff really good. Present when busy then as lights went out only in cabin to answer call bells - instead of pacing up and down and talking loudly as experienced with another carrier. Veggie meals pre-ordered and very disappointed. Bean salad and bean stew with couscous then second leg salad with 2 pieces of feta, then the most awful ratatouille ever encountered. Felt a very lazy menu.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Bernard Loison    (France)

CDG-AUH-BKK return trip on Y class. Flight from AUH to BKK delayed 5 hours without explanation why. No food voucher or lounge access. On each flight, waited 2 hours after take-off to get one drink. Seats are poor, especially on 777. Return trip: AUH to CDG. Boarding from T1 which is like a zoo. T3 much better. Controlling airport staff at gate very rude. Not enough seats to wait to board on. No announcement that boarding was open. Onboard staff correct but don't expect any help from ground staff in case of problems. Next time, will fly A380 of Emirates.

Earlier comments for Etihad Airways have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).