Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways Customer Trip Reports

Not Rated

Airline not Rated

Read Etihad Airways Passenger Reviews and Etihad Airways customer trip Reports

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by T Arnold    (UK)

9 Oct, EY20, 10 Oct, EY441. 19 Oct, EY440, 20 Oct, EY11. Flew LHR to Abu Dhabi and on to Vietnam: and then return. Found staff uncaring: food disappointing: seats uncomfortable: everything very grubby. Return flight had to wait almost 3 hours at transfer desk before they would issue my boarding pass. When I asked for a drink at midnight on return flight one attendant asked the other 'do we have anything open'? I only wanted water or perhaps orange juice!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 October 2013 by A Llewellyn-Evans    (Australia)

Sydney to Abu Dhabi and then to Athens and back from Istanbul to Sydney in September and October this year. We were lucky enough to gain upgrades for the two longer legs and this made the flight more enjoyable. As all the previous writer indicate there certainly is a step up with Business class and while I could not justify paying the full price the chance to upgrade sections is worthwhile. The space is the major gain you have what seems the equivalent of 3 seats, you can stretch out, have places which to store books, glasses and water bottles and certainly the amenity kit is worthwhile. The service also improves with a higher staff ratio and they were certainly attentive to all needs from extra blankets to late night snacks (I can recommend the steak sandwich). The food, which while not that much better than economy is presented in a more sophisticated way and taken with the space makes dinning an enjoyable experience. Would I recommend the upgrade, yes for the longer legs 12-14 hours for the shorter ones 4-6 hours you can survive!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Freddy van Belzen    (Netherlands)

Economy BRU-AHU-BKK and return. Very good onboard service, excellent staff. Stopover in Abu Dhabi ok, restrooms very poor.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Andrew Maile    (Indonesia)

Abu Dhabi - Jakarta. I was offered an online upgrade for which I bid $500. Didn't find out until I checked in that I had been successful. It was definitely worth every penny. Super-fast boarding, very comfortable lie-flat seat/bed, excellent choice of food and drinks from a very extensive menu with great presentation, and very professional service. There were 4 cabin crew for approximately 15 passengers. The only negative: had to change seats as the TV remote control wasn't working. The aircraft was an older 777. Very good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Tony Williams    (UK)

MAN-AUH-BKK return. Excellent, punctual flights. Pick up by chauffeur at each end was much appreciated and transit in AUH was seamless. Food on board was wide in terms of variety but of very high quality. Cabin crew were most attentive and professional.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by C Hellings    (Australia)

Purchased a return trip flying first class from Melbourne to London in Sept/Oct 2013. Flight to London was excellent - could not fault. However when arriving at airport for return flight - return ticket no longer worked? Etihad claimed it was American Airlines fault and they needed to sort it and therefore they did nothing to assist me. AA are their sister airlines but are at another terminal at Heathrow - Etihad would not assistance in sorting out problem - obviously could not be bothered. Now flying with Singapore but have to wait another 10 hours. Thank you for your lack of assistance Etihad - other airlines are far more helpful.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Brian Corrigan    (Australia)

Flew BNE-AUH-DUB return, BC in September and found the service on board excellent both ways. The food was terrific and the only point in the whole journey that let the airline down was the inflight entertainment. It was rubbish for such a long haul flight, movies were very old, TV shows were showing reruns.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by P Morris    (UK)

EY22, Manchester to Abu Dhabi, EY622, Abu Dhabi to Mahe, EY621, Mahe to Abu Dhabi, EY15, Abu Dhabi to Manchester. We decided to try Etihad rather than fly with Emirates. What a mistake. There is no leg room if you are tall. When the person in front put their seats back it was most uncomfortable and the staff only begrudgingly asked them to put them upright when the meal was being served. The food was not very good. There was no clean up of the toilets during a 7.5 hour flight. There was no way you could walk around as if you went to the rear of the plane the staff frowned if you went into their space. The films on offer were not very good. The Etihad flight from the Seychelles was an hour late and we came into gate 35 then had to rush to transit at gate 1 and then rush to gate 36 for our Manchester flight. All in all it was an experience that we will not be repeating.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Al-Bayyari Moath    (UAE)

Abu Dhabi (AUH) to London, Heathrow (LHR). Etihad requires the passenger to check in at the airport at least 1.5 hrs before the flight. As you approach the airport, the streets are filled with signs to guide you on where to go. When you reach, workers with trolleys will be waiting for you to help with the luggage. While you're entering the terminal the security check is after the luggage check therefore, it will be comfortable for the passenger to go through security without having to worry about the luggage. After the security check and when you are ready to board, you will walk through a fairly small duty free which requires improvement. The shops were not organized and small and the food court is very small and does not have the variety that would make the passengers have a good experience at the airport. I boarded the Boeing 777, which was very large compared to the other airplanes I went on. There are two lines before you enter, a line for economy class and the other for business and first class. The line for economy was much longer than the other line. I did not have to wait because my ticket was a business class ticket. The flight welcomed the passengers with smiles, which was a great start. The passenger is guided to his seat and helped with placing his hand luggage. The seats were small as my expectations were higher for a highly priced ticket that cost 8130 AED. However, as the plane took off and the passengers were allowed to move the seats, it turned out to be very comfortable as the seats can turn into a bed. The service was very quick and I had access to food at all times during the flight. Overall it was a great flight that I recommend for all.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Bourne Denzil    (UK)

Flew EY878, (AUH-NRT) on 24 Sept. A332. Had to bus from the terminal to the jet. Managed to get a paid upgrade to Business. Seat seemed to be narrow, But was great when flat. Service was outstanding from boarding to disembarkation. IFE in Business was the same as in Economy. I expected more from the amenity kit. I would pay for an upgrade again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Bourne Denzil    (UK)

I flew on EY20, (LHR AUH) on 23 Sept. B777 in economy. The flight was empty so we were all able to spread ourselves out. The cabin service was quick and friendly. Drinks flowed and the food was actually really good for economy. IFE seemed limited but acceptable for a short flight. One crew member seemed to be new and a little lost but I'm sure she will be on top of her game after a couple flights. Leg room was fine but seat width across the shoulders may have been uncomfortable if the flight had been full. I will fly again.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 October 2013 by S Prasad    (Australia)

Travelled SYD-AUH-LHR and back. Firstly the pros, the service and entertainment were great. Food and drinks (water) kept coming. Washroom was clean all the way, that's pretty good for 21-22 hours. But the reason I may not travel again on Etihad on a long haul flight are the seats, very uncomfortable, I am not very tall so leg room was adequate, but the seats were very hard and not at all good for my back. The armrest on all flights did not have the cushion part sewn on it, it was just hard. For long haul flight all passengers whether first class or economy require a certain degree of comfort which was sorely lacking on Etihad. I am not anti-Etihad, perhaps for a trip to NZ I would travel on it again, but never again for a trip to Europe.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Mel Thirnton    (UK)

Flew from Manchester on 21 September to Abu Dhabi with Etihad, had very mixed expectations as I had flown last year with Emirates who were very poor. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised as the flight and the staff were outstanding - nothing was too much trouble. Having said how good our flight was we now had high expectations of our connecting flight to Colombo - how very disappointed we were. Badly organized, didn't check seat belts, left our meal tray for 45 mins after everyone was finished - not sure what they were doing. We only had to wait 20 mins for them to answer our calls and then 10 more mins to bring the wine.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  1 October 2013 by Greg Cooper    (Australia)

Flew out on 21st Aug, BNE-SIN-AUH-ATH. Returned 14th Sep, EY470, LHR-AUH-SIN-BNE. This was not the cheapest carrier. Sets are too small for majority of those around 6 ft. I saw at least 7 passengers with their knees jammed in seats and one tall woman in tears. Meals were ordinary and drinks adequate - most staff do their best once on board and the cabin manager was great. Most disturbing thing is the stop and re-board at AUH. Main terminal is a disorganised mess - toilets are inadequate. Bussed to plane, air conditioning useless and by the time you get to aircraft you are seething.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 September 2013 by S Goussetis    (Australia)

Flew from AUH to MAN. No check in at Abu Dhabi as was transit passenger from another airline. Was bussed from remote stand for a long ride, unimpressed with the airport itself and long security lines. Seat assignment pre- booked honoured. Full flight to Manchester, AVOD was decent, but could be better. Found cabin crew polite, professional, though the male staff seemed professional. Food was good, with full hot breakfast before arrival. All in all a good flight which pleasantly surprised me.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Janarthanan Geetha    (USA)

Flew from D.C to Chennai. Things were not good at Abu Dhabi, the terminal and Gate to India was over crowded and no place to even stand. The arrival time to Chennai was 1.5 hrs delayed and we lost our connecting domestic flight. On the way back, the seats were not assigned properly, they canceled our selected seats. In a four seat row, for a family of four, we were given three seats and we had to travel with a toddler for a 15 hr flight from Abu Dhabi to D.C. The seats are not that great either, they are narrow and not much leg space. Only good thing is the flight crew.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Andrew Smith    (UK)

Flew Business class, LHR-AUH-PVG. Great service on the first leg, the Business class lounge at Heathrow was superb. Excellent selection and very comfy. The boarding was a little chaotic, but once onboard excellent flight. Wine selection was wonderful as was the food selection. Transfer very easy. Next leg was in First. I was the only person in First and what an experience. Food was of restaurant quality, having my own chef literally. The wine and champagne again was of tip top standard. As nobody else was on board, I had my own dining booth and my own sleeping booth. Managed a full 7 hours uninterrupted sleep. Breakfast again was superb.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Tim Eb    (Thailand)

I've flown Etihad more than 20 times within the last 9 months. On my most recent flight last Tuesday I had the same great service as usual. The cabin crew were very open and friendly. Even if I couldn't sleep on the two flights the crew were offering drinks and food during the night time. Food was good as usual as well as the entertainment system. I love flying with this airline and can recommend it to everyone. Compared to others the seat comfort is good and I had plenty of leg space.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by T Bawden    (UK)

After booking my tickets I advised customer services of my disabled needs. When I arrived at the airport this information was not on my booking and so I had to explain again my disabilities and needs at the check in desk. On arrival into AUH the plane was parked on a remote stand. after the plane has disembarked I had to wait a further 20 mins for ground crew to bring the lift to get me off! I was taken straight to the connecting gate as normal. At the gate I had to identify myself to the staff who had no history of my needs and I had to stop a ground staff and request my own assistance to board the flight via the lift. I boarded nearly last which meant jostling . Again no specific instructions in case of an emergency were given - it is usual to be informed what the crew will do for me to get me off in an emergency. I have before have I been treated with less dignity or support.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Nabil Al Atassi    (Czech Republic)

Abu Dhabi - Kuala Lumpur - Abu Dhabi. B777-300, 3x4x3, economy class. Very slow check in at Abu Dhabi airport, flight delayed for 5.5 hours without prior notification, and also without a word of apology. Return flight on time. I have commented before on seating comfort on those flights, after 7 hours you feel the impact of hard seats in your limbs. Food quality and services very good both legs, so is the inflight system.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  23 September 2013 by G Drew    (Australia)

Traveled with my wife from Abu Dhabi to Sydney in June. Seats were so close together it was impossible to stretch legs in any way, easily the worst we have encountered. Cabin service was almost non existent and food was well below average. Etihad ground staff in Abu Dhabi were rude and very unprofessional. We will never consider Etihad for any future flights.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  20 September 2013 by P Seaton    (UAE)

13-16 Sep 2013,  EY421 Abu Dhabi to Dublin, EY 42 Dublin to Abu Dhabi. My two flights can only be described as the worst flying experiences I have had to date. Aircraft was an old A330 with a "brown" interior and the tightest long haul seating configuration I can recall. Service on board varied from dated to simply rude and unhelpful. Special meals booked in advance did not arrive and no alternates offered. However all of this was minor in comparison to the purser on the return leg who was rude to the point of being intimidating. Inflight entertainment system was old but would have been better if it had actually functioned. Recommend you eat well before the flight and take a book for entertainment if you have to travel with this airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 September 2013 by A Sargeant    (Australia)

Moscow - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok. A good trip although check in staff member seemed not to speak English. Flight was a little late leaving Moscow and arriving in Abu Dhabi which made the transit a little stressful as it was not clear that I and my luggage would make the second flight. Cabin staff were friendly and attentive but no one spoke Russian on the Moscow - Abu Dhabi sector. Food and wine were good but the service a little slow especially on the Abu Dhabi sector where I was trying to get a reasonable amount of sleep. Both planes were good and clean and with seats being fully flat beds were restful and spacious. The IFE was good on both planes and we were permitted to use the IFE until we had landed. The airport in Abu Dhabi was undergoing extension/renovation and a bus was used to transport passengers to the terminal. The lateness in arrival meant that the plane was about to board so it was not possible to eat in the lounge and then only sleep on the second flight. Here supper, rather than dinner was late being served so valuable sleep time was lost. Bag did make the second flight but it was one of the last off the plane in Bangkok so received zero priority!

Etihad Airways Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Amir Tariq    (Pakistan)

26th June, was going to Washington from Lahore. Lahore - Abu Dhabi was fine, Abu Dhabi - Washington was good though seats were small, there was no room to stretch legs on such a long flight of 15 hours. Flight was on time. The staff were friendly from Abu Dhabi to Washington. Service was really good but the food was pathetic on both flights. Staff were bad coming from Washington to Abu Dhabi. They weren't listening to bells and were taking too much long to bring even water. Overall it was a good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  17 September 2013 by A Bartlett    (Thailand)

I flew from Manchester UK to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi on 18/19 Aug 2013. Worst flight I have had since I travelled Kenya airlines in the eighties! From Manchester seating was very uncomfortable. The flight to Bangkok was turned around as we taxied for take-off to decant two passengers who were headed for Jeddah not Bangkok! Delayed one and a half hours.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Lee Pattison    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Bangkok through Abu Dhabi. Everything was excellent from the chauffeur service to the Spa in the business lounge in Abu Dhabi. I have flown with many of the worlds airlines in business class, this was far superior. The food was excellent, the seat / bed was extremely comfy, the staff and service could not have been faulted. I am flying again to Sydney at the end of October, and am looking forward to the trip as the flight can be part of your holiday, rather than just the drag at the beginning and end. I would highly recommend Etihad, as farms I am in Club world layering the year to LA, and know its going to be a let down in comparison.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 September 2013 by David O'Neil    (Australia)

29/7/13, EY 455, Sydney - Abu Dhabi. 30/7/13, EY 19, Abu Dhabi - Heathrow. 20/8/13, EY 2, Frankfurt - Abu Dhabi. 20/8/13, EY 454, Abu Dhabi - Sydney. I had the pleasure of travelling a combination of business and first class to and from Australia. The staff were exceptional, making sure all requirements were attended to without intruding. A very pleasant experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Dean Huddlestone    (Australia)

Its all about the crew, SYD-AUH-LHR, EY455 - friendly efficient crew -long haul 14 hours to AUH and delayed out of SYD by an hour due to missing PAX. Good flight, seat 35H. But this flight EY19 to LHR is like 'chalk and cheese' with a very unfriendly crew, running out of food and disinterested in passengers, why do the job?

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 September 2013 by C Egan    (Australia)

Very disappointed, seats in economy uncomfortable, very little leg room, worse when the passenger in front reclines their seat. On our flight FA forgot to serve meal to our row, almost 3 hours and only provided with a small cup of water during this time (a 14 hour flight). Service was poor on all 4 flights on journey to UK from Sydney. On one of the legs of this travel, FA advised they had only vegetarian meals available, on next leg of trip the inflight entertainment system failed on the majority of passengers. Generally not a good experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Liz Martin    (Australia)

My Husband, daughter (20 mths) and I recently flew to Dublin via Abu Dhabi from Sydney on August 2nd 2013. It was the worst flight we have ever encountered! Our seats were very uncomfortable, very little leg room! We had to request a safety belt for my daughter just before takeoff as we were taxing down the runway! No cabin staff checked if I was familiar with the procedure of applying this belt or indeed if I had applied it correctly . Only infant food available no alternative offered despite requesting alternative toddler food. My Toddler had no food except what I brought onboard. Cabin staff were rude and definitely not child friendly! Hot food was just put down despite having a toddler on my knees! Inflight entertainment was very poor. My flight from Abu Dhabi to Dublin improved in terms of more efficient customer focused cabin staff but otherwise very disappointing overall experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Chris Markovic    (Australia)

Melbourne to Belgrade, 17/07/13. MEL-AUH-BEG. Upgraded a few days before trip. The seat was exceptional as usual and the service was spot on. On flight from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi we were able to use onboard internet. Only downside is the Business class lounge at AUH which is a bit small. I will fly them again next June.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Burg Antoine    (Luxembourg)

FRA-AUH-CMB on 27 July. First the flight was delayed from 11.15-15.00. Then told that we would get a new connection FRA-AUH-DOH-CMB. Spent more than 11 hours waiting in Abu Dhabi. They couldn't book us on the Doha flight as our baggage was lost. They booked us on a Male flight. In Frankfurt they promised us a hotel room in Abu Dhabi - it wasn't the case. Baggage arrived 2 days later. It was the worst flight we have had and will never fly again with them.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  3 September 2013 by E Fleming    (Australia)

Booked a return flight from Australia to England. I was on crutches and informed the airline that my surgeon had requested that I needed to keep my foot elevated during the flight. The airline assured me that there would be no problems and that I would be able to sit in the baby section which had more leg room. When we arrived at the airport and checked in I found out that I did not have the extra leg room. I got on the plane and spent the next 14 hours with my leg up on the food table which was extremely uncomfortable. While on the plane the hostess also had to take away my crutches so they were out of the way of other passengers. At other times within the flight I pressed my buzzer to call the flight attendant over and I was completely ignored. This was the worst experience I have encountered.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Robert Cruickshank    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled to Frankfurt in early June with a wonderful 2 day stopover at the Jumeirah Hotel in the Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi. The service, comfort and overall experience was better than other first class airlines including Emirates, Qantas and British Airways. I would recommend Etihad to any first class traveller. Our return flights in late August 2013 were just as memorable as was the 3 day stay in the Etihad Towers.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 August 2013 by M H Bergman    (UK)

As a regular Etihad flyer (UK - Australia return every 3/4 months), I have to say the service quality is slipping below an acceptable standard. All their efforts are spent on their first or business clients, so if you are going economy, you can only expect the bare minimum of customer care and comfort. The entertainment system is very good, but lost baggage, seat comfort, pre-assigning seats and being able to easily contact a helpful customer service when things do not go to plan, are also part of the service I consider myself to be paying for and Etihad do not deliver on these points. Also they code share with airlines that are well below Etihad's standard, its very disappointing to believe you are paying extra for a good airline, only to find you've been code shared onto a second rate partner airline.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Nabil Al Atassi    (UAE)

Abu Dhabi - Bangkok- Abu Dhabi. B777-300ER, 3x4x3 configuration. Slow check in both ways, delayed take off both legs (2.5 & 1 hr). Traveled economy class, food quality and choice very good, average services, seats not comfortable.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Alexander Fairbairn    (UAE)

LHR-AUH, EY020, 24th August 2013. Even though the flight was delayed by at least half an hour, as soon as we took off everything was fine. The seat was exceptional as usual and the service was spot on. The food choice wasn't as exquisite as normal but still satisfactory. The IFE was up to date and of good quality. All in all a fantastic flight.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Recalcati Cesare    (Italy)

Milan-Abu Dhabi-Kuala Lumpur and return. A330/200 from Milan to Abu Dhabi and return, and B777/300 for the other legs. Aircraft's in good condition and clean, cabin crew very polite and friendly, food and IFE good. In general I'm satisfied of this my first experience with Etihad. The only thing they must improve is the 32" legroom: for intercontinental flights is a bit cramped and it's hard to sleep.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  27 August 2013 by J Cayzer    (Germany)

TXL-DUS-AUH-HYD, first leg with Air Berlin, DUS-AUH-HYD with Etihad. Both Etihad flights were excellent, comparable service to Qatar and Emirates really. FA's extremely courteous and attentive for both legs, excellent IFE and seemingly very well executed landings. Only gripe is the rather inefficient process of attaining boarding passes due to the code share with Air Berlin. At first, Air Berlin staff informed me something was strange about my booking and they could only check me in as far as Dusseldorf, after making me wait 15 minutes they then told me they could check me in as far as Abu Dhabi. Upon arrival in Abu Dhabi had to line up again to get my boarding pass for onward flight to Hyderabad. Surely it should be possible to check passengers and their luggage through to the final destination from the point of first departure. I didn't understand the logic in that. Overall only added an extra 30-45 minutes of effort to overall flight experience though, so not that bad. Would definitely recommend Etihad to anyone considering it.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  19 August 2013 by O Shah    (UK)

Return flight from London - Abu Dhabi - Nairobi. The seat allocation was badly managed for flight from Nairobi to Abu Dhabi. Vegetarian food was requested at the time of booking. Instead leftovers were offered. Throughout the flights they had no record of me requesting a vegetarian menu. Cabin staff service was very slow. On one instance while food and drinks were being served, it seems I was ignored and finally when I requested coffee it took a very long time to arrive and this also after a reminder.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  16 August 2013 by Henry Fabrice    (Switzerland)

Switzerland to Singapore. Compared with Singapore Airlines, it is cheaper for almost same seat and space comfort in the cabin. The service is great, maybe less cabin crew but still great as they do their best for you. They are strict with safety, food is good but compared to other airlines is more simple, bread not so good. The down side for me was entertainment, disappointed. On way back got opportunity for cheap business upgrade. Great business class. Good value for money. Great food, very good service with nice crew. Seat perfect and flat. Downside again entertainment. The other downside is Abu Dhabi airport, one of the most boring international hub airports I've transited. Not much too do, lack of good seats. Very few opportunities to sleep. Small airport hotel always fully booked.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 August 2013 by Daniel Kisliakov    (Australia)

Melbourne to London. All in all decent experience. Crew were excellent on both legs, especially considering that the Abu Dhabi leg was completely full. Good entertainment system and food not bad. The major drawback is the seat pitch. Seats themselves fine but when they're crammed it affects the whole experience. Might make me consider another carrier in the future for that reason.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  14 August 2013 by G Mavrides    (UAE)

The seats in Pearl Business Class are unusually narrow and short as others have written. I weigh 173lbs (78kg) and am 170cm tall. The foot enclave is so narrow that I could not comfortably place both feet together. I had to sleep with one knee bent the entire time. There is simply no way an overweight or tall passenger would be able to squeeze into this seat. The IFE system is very poor in variety and choice and Etihad Airways forces their passengers to watch a 90-120 second commercial (that cannot be skipped) before every program. This is very irritating. On both fights, the electrical outlet did not work and I lost battery power on my iPad before the end of each flight. Every seat on the return flight in Business Class was full and the air temperature in the cabin was at least 75 degrees (24 Celsius). My wife and I were perspiring during the entire 9 hour flight and were unable to sleep due to the hot cabin. The food was surprisingly bad. I ordered the “grass-fed fillet of beef” and my wife chose the mushroom lasagne. I returned the beef after the first bite. The mushroom lasagne was mediocre and my wife couldn't finish it. For the entire 9 hour trip, we subsisted on mixed nuts and Diet Pepsi. The quality and variety of the food are considerably better on many other lower cost business class flights.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 August 2013 by A Michel    (France)

Paris to Abu Dhabi - July 3 2013 and back on July 27 2013. Flying with Jet Airways from Paris to India, we had a stop to Abu Dhabi, so that the long flight was endorsed by Etihad partnership. Such a great company in economy class! We were well placed close to the window, great seat comfort, plane quite new, great stewards service. My headphone wasn't working and the hostess gave me a new one within 5 mins with apologies. Good food, and good vegetarian food. Good choice of entertainment. Flight was quiet. Cabin was not cold at all, and we were glad for such good comfort.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Aran Lally    (Ireland)

A great flight experience that can get you from to Dublin to Abu Dhabi in 7 hours 20 minutes. A great deal and the seats were pretty comfortable. Staff were sometimes annoying but good overall. However, like many airlines, I don't like the food but the beverages were good. I would rather starve yet hydrate. The best part was the entertainment. There were lots of movies and games, and the headphones were quite comfortable. The plane I was in had new AC power ports that would activate about 2 to 3 hours into the flight and switch off just before landing. All in all, it was a great experience.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Siva Kodukula    (USA)

Chicago to Hyderabad via Abu Dhabi. My carry-on was not allowed at Chicago, they claimed it was bigger than the allowed size. I took the same suitcase many times on Emirates and American Airlines and was never questioned. My option given was to check-in with $65 fee. Surprisingly, I saw people board with bigger suitcases than mine. Food and entertainment is good, however air hostesses are a bit rude.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by M Goodman    (Thailand)

Complaint about Air Berlin (Etihad's partner) Phuket-Manchester. Etihad, in my opinion is very close to being a premium airline but are being seriously let down by Air Berlin who are absolutely a Budget Airline in every sense. Today (6th August) we sat in the plane on the tarmac for 2 hours at Abu Dhabi. It appeared that Air Berlin had over booked the plane. Some passengers had the same seat ticket and had to be let off. The food on Air Berlin is a joke. I had pre-ordered a vegetarian meal, however, there were none and the stewardess said the main meal (omelette and sausage) - I could eat that and just eat around the sausage. She then said the vegetarian option was really only for children and I could have that. It was a 'crepe' with a slice of peach. Hours old and disgusting. The food on the Etihad flight was excellent. The drinks on the Air Berlin leg were all lo-cost type drinks. The entertainment system on Air Berlin is rubbish. I absolutely will not fly with Air Berlin again and I will be complaining directly to Etihad that they are being seriously let down by their partner in this leg. I do not expect to pay a premium price for a budget airline which makes up half the leg (The Phuket to Abu Dhabi leg).

Etihad Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by I Matthews    (UK)

For the flight it was very good MAD-CDG-AUH-SYD, Business, return. Pity that Abu Dhabi lounge was lacking as was the staff in general. Certainly too small for flight numbers and waiting for one person to serve drinks was laughable. Would certainly never ever take a flight out of Paris again, but assume that was either the handling agents or AF on the first leg/last return leg. Not enough planes as the delay on the way back due to another incoming, that made another 300 people late, was silly.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 August 2013 by H Koh    (Australia)

BKK-AUH-DUS, MUC-AUH-SYD in business. Connecting in AUH can be a nightmare, plane departed late but no communication. The seats are hard not really comfortable, the service not as good as the computation is, food and beverages are acceptable, but honestly nothing to write home about. An overpriced product, not to be recommended.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 August 2013 by David Monteiro    (Switzerland)

Flew AUH-GVA, A333. The Business class product is very good and consistent from the Etihad chauffeur that picks you up at the hotel to the hard product onboard. Very good seats, good choice of meals and attentive cabin crew. Only downside is the Business class lounge at AUH T3 which is a bit small.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  6 August 2013 by V Saxena    (UK)

March 2013, MAN-AUH-DEL in Economy Class. While Manchester Airport staff handled things very well and Flight Attendants were very good on Manchester to Abu Dhabi segment, things deteriorate once you reach Abu Dhabi Airport to catch flight to India. Extremely crowded. When boarding started for my flight to Delhi, there was a staff member to selectively snatch Carry-on Luggage. They say that space is limited and you will get it at Delhi Airport. When I boarded, I saw people with even bigger carry-on luggage then mine. At Delhi, told my bag would be with on Luggage Belt. On return from Delhi, again staff were taking carry on bags. I saw many people returning their Special Meal, when it comes to our choice, choices were very limited and many has run out. Between Delhi-Abu Dhabi, I found staff a bit rude. Full marks to Manchester Airport to Abu Dhabi flight crew and also the staff managing Abu Dhabi Airport to Manchester flight. Unless they sort out this fiasco about carry-on bags between Delhi to Abu Dhabi, I will avoid travelling with Etihad. Food is good and they give complimentary drinks.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  5 August 2013 by S Nkavoyannis    (Greece)

For some reason, First Class is not always available on the Abu Dhabi to Athens leg and so after travelling FC from MEL, I had to use the Business Class Lounge. Fine - except for the fact that there was not enough room for everyone to sit down. After a long trip this is not amusing. Perhaps this lounge should be enlarged as everything else about the lounge is more than adequate. Why is it that there is no sign (a green light, something!) to indicate that the toilets are empty? This would appear to be a fairly standard design detail. Very inconvenient. I have travelled on FC and BC on Etihad and am satisfied. However, the real test of an airline is how it treats its Economy Class passengers. I will be checking out these comments.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  2 August 2013 by Colin Walsh    (Australia)

Very disappointing flight (DUB-AUH-SYD) recently. Etihad have been steadily getting poorer and this is it for us. No seat assignment on booking to the AUH-SYD (14 hour) leg. Phoned Etihad office in Dublin on several occasions who agreed to file seat request on our behalf. Online check in - no option to choose seats. Check-in in Dublin could not issue boarding passes for 2nd leg. Hour long queue in Abu Dhabi to find in 2 random B seats in the cabin for me and my wife! Give me a break. If I book same flight with VA I can assign seats for both carriers. and that is exactly what I will be doing in the future.

Etihad Airways Customer review :  31 July 2013 by Nick Thow    (New Zealand)

Myself, my Partner and 8 year old son have just flown from Auckland to Manchester return, the legs from Sydney being with Etihad. They are certainly the EasyJet/Jetstar of long haul travel and know how to cram as many seats and few toilets into their planes especially the A330s. Having said that for the price it was good being $2000NZD cheaper for the 3 of us than the similar route with Emirates and to the UK with other airlines. The flights were good times and on time the staff were friendly and our vegetarian and child's meals were fine. I would use them again if the price was right.

Earlier comments for Etihad Airways have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).