Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  27 August 2013 by J Munro    (New Zealand)

Was a trip of 2 halves. Flew out on July 18 and the service from AKL-HKG-LHR was amazing, great food, attentive staff, comfortable seats and excellent inflight entertainment. Flew home on 18 August and what a difference. Food was average and the crew disappeared for most of the flight. In addition the reclining seats were frustrating and annoying.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Edwin Yuen    (USA)

CX872, Aug 18. I just got back from a trip from Hong Kong to San Francisco in economy Plus. There is no priority boarding like they advertise. You will board with the regular economy class. My TV monitor did not work.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 August 2013 by V Carslake    (Australia)

Flown 7 Cathay flights in 2 weeks. Can't say I love them. The new shell seats are the most uncomfortable seats ever! Food very average, especially as I ordered vegetarian meals. Bland and carb filled. Terrible service at the airport in HK. Flew Colombo-Singapore-HKG, with a 7 hour stopover before MEL. On their website it says those with a transit time of over 4 hours can access their lounges. Upon arriving at one of them we were abruptly told no, this is for business class and first class or members only. Won't fly them again. They were on time though.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  15 August 2013 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

Sydney to HKG, premium economy. Flight cancelled by SMS due to typhoon. Struggled to contact Sydney office, ended up buying new ticket myself. PE class very empty and business class very empty too , even though I asked for upgrades due to extra cost and inconvenience. Seats etc good, not much cabin presence as lights turned off. Food ok but really just a slight step up from economy. Think pricing wrong for this class as cabin always empty or filled on upgrades. Contacting CX while in Australia hard as phone line just went dead.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Kayla Seet    (Singapore)

Hong Kong to Singapore on CX711 on 8 August 2013. The seats were narrow with no room space to straighten legs. Worse when the passenger in front row reclines their seat. Food is terrible, tasteless and meatless. Service is slow. Requested warm water and they took ages to serve it. Inflight entertainment is also a disappointment and during my return flight, my inflight entertainment is faulty and there was no entertainment for me throughout my entire journey. I am sorry to say that in general, budget flights have better service, quality and seats.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 August 2013 by C Lindsay    (Hong Kong)

Just returned to HK from JFK on CX 831. As usual, CX service, food, condition of the cabin, etc. were all top notch and we had a great flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Anthony Windsor    (China)

Shanghai to Taipei via HK. The boarding process was normal, the service is given on family name terms. The food is nice looking but the quantity is not enough. FAs walk around the cabin every 3 minutes asking whether you need anything. They are nice and talkative. Felt at home on board.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 August 2013 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

HKG to Sydney. Flight was on Airmiles. Lounge lovely as boarding, boarding fine and economy cabin was clean and fresh. Great crew throughout, really helpful. Food nice all thought and the AVOD is excellent. PE class almost empty, asked if I could pay for upgrade, told no. Excellent Cathay service.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Graham Andrew    (UK)

I flew CP from Seoul to Narita, Japan last year in 1st class. Staff were exceptionally solicitous and almost desperate to help in any way they could. Everyone was very polite. Cabin was spotlessly clean and very well- appointed. Food was delicious. Service was superb. Cannot fault it.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by L Muscat    (Australia)

I have just got back to Melbourne from Rome via Hong Kong flying and I was very disappointed. The food was terrible, myself, my husband and our son could hardly eat any of the meals and when asked if they had any crackers they said the only snack they can offer is peanuts or noodles. Flight CX929 from Rome to Hong Kong, after pressing my button for assistance and waiting over 45 mins I noticed people walking to the back of the plane and coming back with drinks? A fellow passenger informed me there was only one stewardess on duty and we had to get the drinks ourselves. As to the snacks offered, you can imagine my surprise when my husband came to me and offered chocolate bars. He said the stewardess offered them to him. I must however say that our flight from HK to Melbourne was nothing like this, there were lots of staff on duty, except food was just as terrible and snacks offered were peanuts and noodles.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Jeremy Chan    (Hong Kong)

CX 506 from HKG to KIX on 31/7, and CX 567 return on 7/8. Flew a 22-year old B747-400 on the first flight. Shell seat was not a problem for me. Food (pasta) was good, and a wide-selection of inflight entertainment. Staff were really mediocre, not outstanding. Flew on a 10-year old A330-300 on the return flight. Seat was fine, although quite narrow. Old inflight entertainment system, and only a few channels to choose from. Food was edible. Staff were not impressive, and I should say, definitely below Cathay Pacific standard for both flights. Ground staff at Hong Kong International Airport were fair, but the check-in staff at Kansai International Airport was excellent and helpful.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 August 2013 by H Feather    (UK)

BKK-HKG. Took the 1.20am Thursday July 26, CX706 red-eye from BKK-HKG. Plane took off about 2am. I took a chance and didn't bother to book the emergency exit seat and it paid off as there was plenty of room for me to lay out across the 3 seats in the centre section. Plane had the new economy seating and much more comfortable than the old shell seats. Leg room much better than the hopeless alternative on Thai Air. Staff as usual helpful and attentive. Silly little snack packs provided but at that time of the morning not too bothered. Overall pleasant flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Sylvia Goddard    (UK)

AKL to Hong Kong [partial return of my July journey]. Airbus 340/300 with the coffin like seats I have commented on before. I struggle to see why Cathay are a 5* airline. Again I find the service to be OK but just OK. I missed out on a pre take off drink because no one noticed I had arrived and sat down. After that the service is functional but not pro active. You needed to get up and ask for anything and again, I saw no cabin walk through. This was a 12 hour mid day flight so they served lunch and then after 6 hours [with 6 to go] they served dinner which very few wanted [most were asleep] and then after the main course that was it - nothing more. Strange. The next part of the journey home is later today, this will be the new business class on the Boeing 777. Overall, if the price was very good then I would use them again, but other far east and middle east airlines are ahead of the game. Not overly impressed, mainly because of the lack of service.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.