Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Hong Kong. Beijing, June 19, Business Class. Extremely comfortable short flight. Private lie flat seats on the A330 with great entertainment options. Decent breakfast served, appropriate for the regional service, by an efficient but not at all warm cabin crew. All in all US and European airlines could learn a lot about how to do regional first/business right. I would never hesitate to fly or recommend this carrier in the future.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Dilip Mathew    (Australia)

Economy class SYD-HKG-EWR. Professional and respectful service on both legs, and it was particularly good on the HKG-EWR leg. The HKG-EWR flight is one of the longest flights in the world, but I found it very comfortable. After a 15 hr 20 min flight, I emerged feeling pretty good. Seats are good, good choice of food and sufficient variety in the IFE choices to keep passengers entertained. Cabin crew took care to ensure cabin and toilets remained clean throughout. They also came around regularly offering drinks, an essential but often overlooked need on ultra-long flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by C Harris    (Australia)

Sydney - HKG - Milan and return Premium Economy. Sadly disappointed. Having flown premium economy, or business, on a number of airlines in recent years this definitely felt "economy". Service, food and beverages were very average. Seat and entertainment acceptable. I note that the cost was equivalent to Singapore Airlines economy class via Singapore. Next time we'll opt for SA. Neither the food or the beverages offered were business class equivalent. Did I misunderstand what we were paying for? The crew were rarely seen but happy to step across passengers in the front row. No "excuse me's" were offered. The only flight where service was up to standard was HK-Sydney when the aircraft was not full. If this was "premium", we'll opt for economy on another airline!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Jason Lam    (Hong Kong)

My family and I have recently traveled on the first class seats of the 777-300er. It was a "rather" comfortable seat. It is a lovely experience because with just one click of a button you can transform the seat into a bed. The cost of the seat was a bit expensive but it was worth it. The staff service is excellent because of how fast they help you and how they remember your names. The food was okay, but not the best. The inflight entertainment was okay, very high quality but lack of movies. Overall, I think that the first class experience is very good.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Fell Kevin    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled 4 sectors in Cathay Business Class recently (CX110/CX261?CX260/CX139). We have a benchmark from travelling frequently with Qantas in Business. Several major aspects warrant comment. My wife is diabetic which was nominated at the time of booking. On one long overnight sector she asked for a light snack as she had to take medication. The staff member disregarded the request and offered no snack. However, on the return long overnight sector a staff member when asked offered that a special snack had been loaded and was most obliging. What an inconsistency in the attitude of cabin staff. There appears to be no small snacks available at any time as is the case with competitors. Seat allocation. Was arranged at the time of booking which was some six months prior to departure. Boarding passes were issued at Sydney for the two sectors. Upon presentation at Hong Kong we were informed of a problem i.e the seat was broken and would not recline thus was unusable. We were asked to go to one side whereon we asked for a supervisor. Apparently our adjoining seats were not possible as one seat was broken (by coincidence the frequent flyer award seat). As the flight was almost fully booked we were allocated seats apart five and six rows behind. As it was nearly midnight we had little alternative. Upon boarding we overheard a passenger seating next to my wife who wished to be repositioned nearer his friend. We were able to sort this out and then inform cabin staff. Sometime later (there was an hour and a half delay before takeoff due to weather conditions) we noticed the original seat was occupied and was fully reclined. This seat was the frequent flyer seat.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by M Davies    (Australia)

My wife and I recently flew MEL-HKG-KIX and return and found the airline's standards have fallen since we last flew with them several years ago. The 777 seating between Hong Kong and Japan was particularly uncomfortable, food on all legs was some of the worst we'd had eg. braised beef between MEL and HKG was almost all fat, while 3 of the 5 Western meals on the HKG-MEL leg had onion sauce &/or onion ingredients. We were laughed at by the cabin staff member when, in response to her question, we asked for diet coke with our main meal between HKG and MEL. The entertainment system is good but there was little difference between the May programs and those on offer in June. Also, the same advertisements before each program are very annoying after a while but at least you can fast forward through them. I doubt we would choose Cathay Pacific ahead of Singapore Airlines in future.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by J Smith    (Hong Kong)

Flight from HKG-DPS return, business class both ways. HKG-DPS older 777, seats went out with the arc. hardly any choice on the IFE. Trip only saved by the friendly and efficient staff. Return leg, changed aircraft to 747. Uncomfortable seating. headphones did not work. Staff offered me a change of seat, but was a baby right in front of new seat so politely declined.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Yong Mak    (Hong Kong)

Hong Kong-Bangkok-Hong Kong, outbound flight CX705 was half empty. Services were standard. However, there was no inflight entertainment system. The inbound flight CX616 was cancelled without prior notice even though I already provided the airline with my full contact details, including email, when I bought the ticket online. Check-in staff said the flight was cancelled because the airplane didn't arrive from Hong Kong last night due to operational issues. If so, the airline should have had sufficient time to notice passengers. I was transferred to another flight 3hrs later. The flight was packed. The services were standard as per usual. Again, there was no inflight entertainment system.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Chris Cunard    (Australia)

Wonderful experience aboard Cathay Pacific. Had to fly to London and back in 72 hours so needed to be comfortable. Long haul business class beds on Cathay Pacific are the most comfortable I've flown and I managed to comfortably sleep 7.5 hours on the long haul flights. The staff are amazing. They all remember passengers by name throughout the flight. Studio CX IFE was great. The food, delicious and plentiful. A perfect experience.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by S Howell    (Australia)

We flew BNE-LHR via HKG on 29th May. Really excellent product, seats are much more comfortable than Economy and it is much easier to sleep. First meal is business class quality and second is economy - all round the food and cabin service was excellent. Priority boarding also in Brisbane and Hong Kong was appreciated. The small cabin made for 2 very quiet flights. Thank you Cathay.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by L Perrin    (Australia)

JFK-HKG-SYD. No mention at the boarding gate for Premium Economy guests to board before Economy. Had a champagne prior to take off which was an improvement over our previous flight on Virgin Atlantic. The cabin service was friendly and attentive. The food was very poor, the worst I have had to be honest, not even Economy standard. The seats were wide, but the old bugbear when the seat in front reclines fully is still a problem in Premium Economy, it is very intrusive and you need the passenger next to you to climb out if you want to get past them. We got more sleep than previous flights in Economy, but it is still a fairly uncomfortable experience. The noise-cancelling headphones were a great feature and you could actually hear and enjoy the comprehensive entertainment selection. The cabin noise was quiet having only 38 passengers and a dedicated toilet was a good feature on the JFK-HGK leg, but we had to use the Economy toilets for the second leg (different aircraft). This was our first experience in Premium Economy and while it was a slight step up from Economy, I do not think it is worth the extra money. Apart from the entertainment selection and wider seats, it felt more like an Economy experience than Premium Economy to be honest. We would fly Economy next time, have stopovers and avoid flying a 14 hour leg if we could, as you do not arrive at your destination feeling particularly refreshed.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Rajagopalan Raghavachari    (India)

My wife and I (both seniors) were in Premium Economy Class (Seats 31H and 31K) on flight CX879 from SFO to HKG (with connection to BLR) on 12th September 2013. During our onward flight from HKG to SFO in March 2013, we had felt very cramped in Economy Class and so we got our tickets upgraded for our return journey in September. Little did we know at that time what a wise decision that was. After the flight CX879 took off on 12th September 2013, the elderly passenger in front of us took ill. The flight was diverted to Anchorage in order to offload the passenger and then we landed at Taipei for crew change. Finally, after being in the aircraft for 20 hours, we landed at HKG on 14th morning, very tired. We had of course missed the connecting flight. We were afraid that there would be a crowd and big confusion at the transfer counter. We thought we might have to spend long hours at the airport. We were in for a delightful surprise. We found a long table arranged with all the new boarding passes, envelopes with hotel coupons and cash for meals, also instructions for transport to hotel. We could not believe our eyes. We were accommodated at J W Marriott, where we could take good rest and take the BLR flight on 14th night. We should also add that the 20-hour flight was made bearable because we were in Premium Economy. One complaint: On that long flight no clear announcements were made about our landing time, arrangements made for connecting flights, etc. Because of my good experience with CP last year, I am again travelling BLR-HKG-SFO on July 22, 2014 by Premium Economy. Even though the price was high for me, I still decided to pay extra for the comfort.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Phil Scott    (Australia)

Cairns - Hong Kong return. My seat, tray table and screen had dirt on it and a repulsive odour. Flight attendant didn't care but did give me a towelette. Food was poor. Return night flight had dreadful service, no hot beverages at all. Limited choices of others. The FA walked through a couple of times only with a couple of drinks on a tray and did his best to ignore everyone. The in-flight announcements in English were incomprehensible. These planes did not have any personal airjets and were uncomfortably warm.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Vivien Simon    (Australia)

I am a fan of Cathay Pacific. They seem to me to be the most consistent in cabin service, wherever you embark. Mostly I have travelled Business Class, but have also travelled Economy on one occasion. I like a clean cabin and clean wash room facilities. Cathay Pacific seem to ensure that this is the case. The crew provide efficient, helpful and pleasant service. Our last flight was LHR-HKG, then HKG-MEL in May 2014. I like the flat beds on the Cathay Pacific 777. To me they seem longer than other airlines flat beds. LHR-HKG we were given Billecart Salmon champagne, and very nice it was too. On the HKG to MEL leg, it was Deutz. Not quite as nice as the Billecart. Food varied from good to excellent. The array of entertainment options was comprehensive.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by A Raath    (South Africa)

On flight CX 749 from Hong Kong to Johannesburg Wednesday 23 April 2014 my friend became ill and went into a semi coma. The staff were brilliant and two staff were excellent for the efficient way in which they dealt with the person. Thank you for all the support! to get your act together because passengers that get up at 4:00am for an early flight expect to arrive on time.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Brian Wilson    (Australia)

ADL-LHR via HKG. Check-in at ADL quick and easy, well organised. Unnecessary delay with boarding process resulted in 20 mins late take-off. Stacked at Hong Kong landed 30mins late. Onward flight to LHR already closed so rebooked on later flight at 23:30. Given a hotel voucher but this didn't compensate for losing my previously selected aisle seat and having to then travel overnight to LHR arriving 05:45 am instead of 20:30pm the previous evening. Aircraft, meals and cabin service could not be faulted and Premium Economy definitely recommended on longer journeys, just a great shame that ADL to LHR schedule obviously does not allow enough time for flight transfer at Hong Kong, so don't expect to fly straight through. Cathay Pacific you need to get your act together because passengers that get up at 4:00am for an early flight expect to arrive on time.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by L Massari    (Australia)

Melbourne-Rome return. First leg of flight fantastic service great, stop in Hong Kong of 6 hrs, a bit of a drag, second half much better due to larger seats, but service great all the way. My travel friend had difficulties walking and was offered wheelchair assistance for all the flights - they were wonderful and friendly putting her and myself at ease. Flights home even better. Thank you to all the staff who helped us have a great holiday.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by M Richardson    (UK)

Heathrow to Denpasar (Bali) transiting in Hong Kong. Overall a very positive experience especially for the money (585 pounds return which is exceptional value). The choice of entertainment isn't as extensive as on Emirates or SIA but was adequate with several of the latest movies offered. Service was friendly and prompt. Food and beverages were hit and miss but having apples, nuts and noodles available between meals was a nice touch. I'm 6"3 but found the seat comfortable enough for a long flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  21 May 2014 by K Ryan    (Hong Kong)

Vancouver to Hong Kong. Flight was pretty uneventful other than three infants on board which didn't stop crying, but that's not the airline's fault. FAs were very attentive and went through the cabin with a tray full of cooked cup noodles and offered them to anyone that wants one midflight. Very good IFE with some of the most recent movies available.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Steve Fraser    (Australia)

Perth to Hong Kong in business class, the first time that I have used Cathay Pacific. The seats are very comfortable with power recline and are able to lay flat if you need to sleep. These pod seats are fairly private and the food and cabin crew are outstanding. The food included fresh fruit, croissants, salmon, Kung po chicken and various other delights. A choice of beverages was extensive.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 May 2014 by I Martin    (New Zealand)

I was very disappointed with our flight from Rome to Hong Kong (flight CX292) on 7 May 2014. My son was travel sick and the flight crew were very unhelpful. Also service of water and snacks during the night was very poor. I had to ask for water and when I asked for assistance with my son none was given.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Howard Wong    (Canada)

I flew on CX 889 from Vancouver to Hong Kong, and found that the seats are too cramped and very uncomfortable. It was a Boeing 777-300ER plane and the seats were badly modified to make them closer to each other probably to accommodate more passengers. After the flight, I couldn't walk as my legs became swollen due the cramped seating positions. My previous flights with Cathay Pacific weren't like this at all, the seats were less congested and there were more leg room. On other recent flights like CX 2710 from Colombo to Singapore, it was the same plane model Boeing 777-300ER, yet the seats and leg rooms are adequate. (5hrs flight journey). Hope that Cathay can make amends on the seats for the flights to and from Vancouver.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by S Nicola    (UAE)

Dubai to Tokyo Haneda via Hong Kong. Price wise from Dubai, Cathay is the best value for money to fly anywhere in Asia and given the fact that the first experiment went well, I didn't hesitate to go for the next one. I was right again. Cathay is outstanding value for money to travel in Asia from Dubai. The first leg from Dubai to Hong Kong was flown on a 330-300, fairly new, with the newest business class which is equivalent to first class in terms of comfort. Fully flat lie beds, with a huge monitor, plentiful of entertainment and nice environment. Service on- board is excellent. Service is prompt and flight assistants were excellent. The second leg was flown by an older 747, with an old seat configuration, it can still convert into an 180 degrees bed but in my opinion it's not as comfortable for a 6 foot tall passenger, even worse if the person is robust. In my case it was more than comfortable and the trip lasts between 3.5 and 4 hours. With a vast variety of lounges the waiting time at HK airport is no issue. Overall a wonderful experience and with these fares I'd only opt for Cathay for my Asian trips.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by C Chua    (Malaysia)

I flew to and from KL-HK-KL. Flight was delayed 2 hours ex-KLIA. Cabin was very hot both ways. Food is below average. Inflight entertainment is below par. At both airports, check in took a while even though it was only to drop off the bag. All in, the experience was average. I have had better experiences in other airlines.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by M Coleman    (Thailand)

DOH-HKG, Airbus 330-300. Business Class. It is many years since I was a Diamond member of Cathay, this is my first flight with them for nearly 15 years. Although the service was good, they have gone downhill since my last journey. The seats are a strange design almost coffin like, the food is pretty average as is the wine choice. No sleepwear like Qatar. The juice is carton, not fresh. Overall although a safe trip not worth the money they charge.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Julian Jansz    (Australia)

Last year I flew from Sydney to Hong Kong, the flight was delayed 2 hours which wasn't too bad. Onboard the flight the food was good for an economy class ticket, the seats where comfortable and the entertainment was excellent. The flight attendants were very nice, pleasant and helpful. Overall the flight was good and pleasant and I would recommend that anyone who's deciding on an airline to fly on should consider flying Cathay Pacific Airways.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Johnny Lim    (Singapore)

My flight from SIN-HKG was terrible. There was no food and no in-flight entertainment system. Flight was delayed by 24 hours.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Seran Karunaharan    (Canada)

My family and I just flew from YYZ-HKG-KUL in February, 2014. I must say it was a very long flight from YYZ-HKG. The check-in was very smooth and we got the boarding passes for both our sectors right at YYZ. The flight was wonderful. The IFE, the meals, the flight crew were all top notch. The cabin crew were very friendly and caring. Their service was exceptional. There were enough snacks made available to the passengers throughout the flight. The seating was okay. The kids really enjoyed the IFE contents. The transit at HKG was pretty quick and our next flight from HKG-KUL was excellent as well. Overall, were had a wonderful flight on both sectors. Thanks to the wonderful crew of Cathay Pacific for making our flight an enjoyable one and I would definitely be flying with them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Anna Kelly    (New Zealand)

Flew from CDG to HKG and HKG to AKL return. The service was excellent. I had swollen legs from the first flight and a customer service rep helped me get a visa in to Hong Kong so I could see a doctor and then got me extra legroom on the next flight. Flight attendants checked on me every 20 minutes or so and got me extra blankets and water as needed. I was very taken care of and they went the extra mile. Overall, all 4 flights were great: on time, with good food and excellent entertainment. Seats weren't great- the life vest thing is in the seatbelt - but it's economy class. The bathrooms were cleaned often so were sparkling. Overall, 4 excellent flights and I would happily take them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Landingin Mark    (Philippines)

BAH-MNL, delivered a superb service. Cabin crew always friendly and approachable. Inflight entertainment excellent, only downside of this particular trip for me was the food as I am not a fan of duck and salmon. This was my 7th time flying with them, 8th next month, and I cant think of any reason why I wont fly with them for the 9th, 10th and so on.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 April 2014 by S White    (UK)

HKG-LHR, 25th April 2014, CX253. The first time I have flown with Cathay Pacific and it won't be the last. Excellent service throughout. Flew outward premium economy and flew back with business class. Aircraft was clean and tidy but the cabin crew were the stars of the show very attentive and pleasant without being too enthusiastic if you know what I mean. The food was excellent in both in premium economy and business class but business class certainly has the edge with the comfort and privacy. My wife doesn't normally sleep well when travelling in aircraft however the fully reclining seat was a great bonus which allowed her to get a few hours of good sleep. In comparison with other airlines I have travelled with, the service that Cathay Pacific provides gives it that little bit extra. We can all say the seats are hard or the food needs a little bit extra but at the end of the day it is the staff who can make or break a journey and for me the staff certainly made it for me.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Achmad Nashruddin    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-HKG-KIX return on A340, B747 and B777 all in Y. Seats on the 340 and 747 were comfortable enough but seat pitch on 777 (regional version) was very tight, especially after the person in front of me fully-reclined his seat. Crew on all flights friendly and many smiles. But HKG-SIN 777 flight was a red-eye and they served only a snack box with sandwich and juice box, leaving me famished for the 3.5 hours.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Gerard Nicolas    (USA)

EWR-HKG in Premium Economy and HKG-EWR in business (thanks to an unexpected upgrade). Had a great experience in both classes, attentive but not too present service, new airplanes, clean, friendly, on time, good connections in HKG (although I found their inter-connection with their subsidiary Dragonair not optimal), classy. Would definitely fly them again. Premium Economy product was good and definitely worth it on a 16hrs flight. While meals are close to those of economy if not the same, the cabin, quietness and space are enough to make this worth it. Business class was one of the best I've been in, with attentive and not over-present service, classy and providing you with the options you need when you want them for a pleasant and relaxing flight. Cathay definitely carried the magic of Hong Kong on their flights. Business class seating and bed is very good, roomy and comfortable. A very good experience.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Fran Constable    (Australia)

Flew Business/Premium from Perth, Australia to LHR and return. Cannot fault the crew on all 4 flights - they were very pleasant and efficient. Food and service in Business was very good and above average in Premium Economy. Ground/check-in staff at LHR very helpful with flight changes. The seats in Premium weren't the most comfortable, but there was plenty of legroom which is always a problem for me being quite tall. I'll certainly fly Cathay again, especially whilst their fares remain so competitive.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by G Alexander    (Australia)

SYD-HKG-CDG return, left April 12, return April 19. I flew this same route last June/July and chose to fly CX again. The flight to HK on 330 was very comfortable, with excellent food and service. The inflight entertainment was good, with a wide variety. I slept a little, enjoying the flat bed. The flight to CDG later in the evening was in the small front business cabin. I wanted to try this because everyone raves about the cosier and more private space. I was in 11K. Small cupboards are located right here as well and these were accessed a lot by FA which was distracting and did wake me up several times. Also, after dinner was served, it is a long wait to breakfast. My only complaint is that the flat bed is much firmer than the 330 and in fact uncomfortable and difficult to sleep on at times. On the return flight from CDG-LHR I was in the main business cabin this time, which was in fact quieter. The FAs did disappear for sometime, and often were engaging in conversations in the galley and less interested in checking on PAX during the flight. When I requested a snack because it was way past dinner time in terms of Paris time, the FA was at first a little put out by my request (a first in my experience flying CX). I also found the inflight entertainment almost identical on all flights and hence found it difficult to find anything to watch. Admittedly, it was return flight in one week. The flight from HKG-SYD was very good with probably better service than the Paris legs. The food was good, although the dinner was served only half way through the flight, and then nothing for the last four-five hours. All flights were punctual and even early at times. It is a good value for money business class ticket, especially as their business class is one of the best overall. I would fly CX business again even though not as good as last year.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 April 2014 by A Bellet    (France)

I've flown for 10 years from Paris to HKG every month, at least twice a month. I've seen the service quality, whether in economy or business class, drastically going down from 2009. The food has become much poorer, quantity and quality-wise. The temperature in cabin was very cold, and most of the time, no more blankets left, even for my 9 year old daughter. The online booking does not show you complete routes when booking a ticket. Example: HK to Singapore, they don't mention there is a stop in Bangkok. So you just get the surprise at check-in. If you want to upgrade from your miles, you need to buy a more expansive ticket, and even then, you are not sure you can be upgraded. Even as a frequent flyer of this company, it became almost impossible to book a front row seat over the years. Before, as a Marco Polo gold member, I could easily get any seat I required. Will never will fly with them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by P Wipatavit    (Thailand)

We flew BKK-HKG-NRT. The BKK-HKG route was on a A330-300 with the new seating product. We were on CX524, flight departed on-time. About an hour after take-off, crew started serving meals. There were 2 meal choices and there were plenty of meals for all passengers. Flight landed before schedule which was excellent. Had a 5 hr layover at HKG. Flight to NRT left approximately 30 minutes late but landed 2 minutes before schedule. Meal service on board was a snack meal. Drinks offered upon request. Crew were friendly and always smiling.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Andrew Sweetiong Tan    (Singapore)

Our group flew CX650 on 9 Apr 2014 and returned CX715 on 15 Apr 2014. Both sectors the in-flight service was good and cabin crew served with smile. The economy class seat is comfortable. The breakfast meal of scrambled egg was flat, while the dinner meal of chicken curry was delicious. Overall enjoyed my CX flight and will recommend this airline.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 April 2014 by Charlton Heather    (UK)

Ruined the end of our holiday. We returned Premium Economy from New Zealand - shared flight with ANZ (incidentally ANZ were superb) - what a waste of money - service worse than in ordinary economy. Ran out of meal choice then offered from the (cheaper) economy menu, entertainment console / light and call system all broken! On way out, offered medical assistance when call went out - given bottle of water as thanks!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Tim Patrick    (Hong Kong)

HKG to Taipei economy. Flight was on time, smooth, good boarding and service, efficient cabin staff and the service director came down to cattle class which was a nice touch. Very old seats but comfortable. AVOD screens small and dark, hard to see the picture. The 'catering' was an all time low for CX. Dry rice box with mushroom? No taste whatsoever and a cold oolong tea carton. Wine and water on request though. I know it's a 1 hr 20 flight was the offering from their 'Mouth-watering' menu was very poor. Eat before you board!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Cheung Dickson    (Australia)

Sydney - Hong Kong vv with airbus 330 economy. Inflight service alright. Food very small, the main portion was less than 300 ml in capacity. A bit meagre when compared with Qantas meals. Flight attendants very courteous. Seat in front of toilet, so didn't disturb anyone when seat reclined. On the return flight, congee served, which suited the cultural background of most passengers. A choice of 3 meals, didn't run out of choice. Sat next to toilet again, toilet door didn't shut properly, so ended up closing door for passengers most of the time. No 2nd offer of drinks, unless on request. This is below par compared with SQ, in which each drink is offered twice. Overall, a satisfactory product.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Pierart Laurent    (Vietnam)

SGN-NRT and OSA-SN. Economy class. Having previously flew CX, I was quite confident in the quality of the carrier. Nevertheless, these last experiences came as a disappointment. For short/medium haul flights, it seems that CX has definitely opted for the low cost, low quality approach of the business. Between SGN to HKG, the service was indifferent at best. Pax did not even receive a tray with the so called meal but simply a sort of hard paper food box. Drinks choice on offer were limited but large choice on request. I was not proposed any coffee or tea. To sum-up, disappointing experience despite the fact that we always flew on time on this trip.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Benjamin Mowat    (Hong Kong)

I was very impressed with their new business class flying to Chicago. The crew were nice and the airport was excellent. The only thing that I didn't like is the time it leaves. The flight there takes off at elevenish and flies through the Hong Kong day and when you're about to fall asleep you land. I then had a connection to Boston on American and it was very hard to continue on as you're so tired.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by A Tsui    (Hong Kong)

Flew on the new route from Doha to Hong Kong (CX640). A very smooth and comfortable night flight of only just over 7 hours. The flat bed on this newly refurbished A330 was reasonably wide and there was plenty of space for hand luggage. Food was good and service was excellent. Only complaint was not with CX but with the Qatar Airport - on both my inbound and outbound flights, the aircraft was requested to park miles and miles away from the terminal, and the airport bus took well over 20 minutes to transport passengers to and from the aircraft.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by B Fruin    (China)

Flew from Shanghai to Auckland in February. 777 to HK then A34O to Akl. The A34O used to Auckland has the new seat layout which is the same seat configuration as the 777-300 and is quite comfortable. Bigger screens and better overall than the older 340 used on the route before. Took off on time and arrived a little early. Food and service always very good. The planes are clean and the crew outstanding. Return flights both on time with the same great service.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Jacob Choi    (Hong Kong)

I flew from LHR-CDG and CDG-HKG with BA and CX respectively, it was excellent as CX managed to upgrade me from a normal Y to Y+ on the Paris-Hong Kong. It was my first time in PE and it made quite a difference since it was a 11 hour flight. There was a significant amount of legroom, and the amenity kits and enhanced levels of service made the great difference in price between Y and Y+ that I should now consider in the future when it's a long haul flight. The movies were decent and varied and the cabin crew were flawless, one thing that is particularly commendable as they really collaborated together and you felt that they were helping each other out as a team.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Walker Shane    (Bangladesh)

I have flown with Cathay many times before, but always in Economy or Premium Economy. This was the first time that I have travelled Business Class with them. The flight was Hong Kong to Melbourne return, and was on a newly fitted out A330 with the new style Business Class configuration (not the old style herring bone). Overall I was extremely impressed. The service, food, drink selection, and entertainment were all excellent. However, the best part of the flight was the seat, which was probably the most comfortable business class seat that I have experienced, plus there was ample storage space and compartments. The only thing to be aware of, is that some seats are not exactly aligned with the window, and so you have to crane your neck around the cubicle wall to see out of the window.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Peter Gordon    (UK)

LHR-HKG-NRT and HND-HKG-LHR in Economy. I discovered that by travelling CX I could have a stopover at HKG on my trip to Tokyo at no extra cost to flying direct. 3 of the 4 flights were slightly delayed by no shows but we arrived on time or only a few minutes late in all cases. Overall the flights were very good with above average catering and comfortable seats. Cabin crew were excellent and were available throughout the flight. I would make a couple of comments. It would be nice if Cathay could fit "ears" to their economy class seats - it helps avoid getting a pain in the neck. Also it would be good to fit adjustable air vents above each seat. I found the first flight too hot when I got on, the cold during the flight (although that was fixed by a trip to the loo to put my vest back on) - adjustable vents would help alleviate this. Notwithstanding these comments I'm happy to award Cathay top marks.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by C Joaquin    (Philippines)

Very nice and good service with many channels available but I don't like the old aircraft's such as the A330-300 and the Boeing 772 because of the old seats and old TV sets. Everything else is ok, meals are good, bathrooms are clean and staff are friendly.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Norton Clive    (Belgium)

CDG-HKG-SYD. My wife and I chose PE Economy because of the seat and we were not disappointed. A few extra inches in width and quite a few extra for legs with extra recline and a wide armrest with food tray inside. This all made a dramatic difference for our comfort on a 22 hour flight. It was possible to find a sleeping position. Also at meal times the seat in front did not interfere with the food table. Cabin staff were very friendly and professional, a very solid product I would choose again. Try and get the front row seats, they have extra leg support.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Norman Mitchell    (UK)

CX918, B77W, MNL-HKG. I am not a regular user of CX but past recent experiences in their new Business Class have been good. The seat is excellent and the catering satisfactory. On this flight, I was told that I was being upgraded to First Class but was then advised that there would be no First Class service, just the seat and that the catering would be Business Class standard. Having selected a Business Class window seat, as always in the CX type of lay-out, I was allocated seat 1D in First Class. This is a single centre seat in CX’s apparently new First Class lay-out and can only be described as a cell. Its certainly spacious as you would expect in First Class nowadays, but there is a feeling of being locked in to a high sided enclosure. The seat itself is like a bench, its width would adequately seat two people and has no shape to it. Also, there are no overhead bins, only a small cupboard that forms part of the cell which is only large enough to take a small bag and a jacket. Roller bags have to be placed on the floor, protruding out from underneath the foot-stool that forms part of the flat bed. It was sufficiently depressing that I asked for my Business Class seat back but the flight was full, hence the “upgrade” and my seat had been allocated to someone else. The Business Class catering dinner on this flight – comprised an adequate fruit salad, a main course where a choice of two meat in a sauce and rice and fish in a sauce and rice were offered up on a tray by the cabin attendant. They looked so unappetizing that I passed on the main course. Dessert was a dry looking piece of cake which I passed on as well. This was low standard Business Class catering at its worst, there was no menu given so the actual content of the meal was down to guess-work. Finally, we were told whilst in the Lounge that there were problems with the IFE on board. We then departed almost 2 hours late. Overall, very disappointing and in comparable with other carriers in the Region.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

HKG-LAX. Upgraded on miles to b-class. Great product all round - service, plenty of privacy, seat comfort and lie flat bed very comfortable, making for a decent amount of sleep. Only complaint on this 12hr flight was the meal service timing and slight delay in drinks after take-off. Around 3hrs in, dinner was served (which was excellent, with a great selection of wines) and then followed around 5hrs later with brunch - some 4hrs out from the destination. It was explained this was in response to some customers providing feedback they got hungry. Odd as CX offer decent inflight snacks and also at odds with other 12hr flights. The service interrupted my sleep and whilst I asked for my brunch to be served 2 hours later, and this was done, some parts of the brunch offering were missed.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Seigfredo Origenes    (UK)

Had a very safe flight from LHR to Hong Kong to Cebu and back. The overall flight made it quite worthwhile at the same time, entertaining. Will book my next flight here and highly recommended to all first time travellers.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Halonen    (Finland)

HEL-AMS-HKG-MEL. All flights 99% full. Food good, seats uncomfortable, cabin crew friendly. On return flight got upgraded MEL-HKG and HKG-LHR. Good value for your money.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Shiva Sitaraman    (USA)

SFO-HKG-MAA, BLR-HKG-SFO (BLR-HKG on Dragonair) in early March. Enough has been said about the horrible shell seats on the 747-400s. One can only hope they replace these aircraft soon. Once again the special Indian vegetarian meal out of SFO was terrible. I have traveled this route 4 times over the past four years and the same entree has been served. I wrote to the airline about this but obviously to no avail. Food-wise things do generally improve on the other legs but in general the quality is going down. AVOD was superb with great sound and picture quality. The selection was vast with all the 2013 best picture Oscar nominated films already available. Overall, good value for money with decent on board service and on time flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

CX881, LAX-HKG in Premium Economy. After a number of recent flights on US airlines, it was a real pleasure to step on board a Cathay Pacific plane. The PE product is great for the long haul and worth the extra investment. Far superior to BA's equivalent. Only downside is getting out of your seat if you are at the window (or center) when the seats in front are reclined - makes for a difficult clamber over the person in the next seat. Great service - friendly, sincere and efficient. The separate compartment on the 777 is a plus, especially when sat on the right side making for easy access to the dedicated washroom.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Koehncke    (Hong Kong)

CX have not disappointed me in 3 years of flying. Perhaps as a recognized traveler, I get special treatment but never witnessed such with any other airlines. Point in case, on recent JFK-HKG flight. I arrived on a late AA connection and had not checked my baggage through to HKG (only checked to JFK). Fearing I would miss my CX connection, I did not bother to pick up my luggage at AA baggage claim and went straight to CX, barely making the flight. Arriving in HKG, I contacted CX baggage services. Even though my bag was not under their control, not tagged for them, they sent their JFK staff to AA baggage, retrieved my bag, put it on the next CX JFK-HKG flight and delivered it to my home. All in < 48 hours. During this period, CX contacted me several times by phone to let me know the status. This is exemplary customer service.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.