Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by L Kong    (Canada)

YVR-JFK round trip. This flight is a bit weird because it carries passengers from HKG to JFK via YVR. It collects some passengers from YVR to JFK. Captain greeted passengers with weather and flight information. Flight to JFK was full, but flight crew served drinks and food together, then with another round of drinks before shutting off the lights to let people sleep. An hour before landing, flight crew walked the aisles with water jugs to serve water. On the way back from JFK to YVR, the flight was only a third full. Check-in staff gave me a full row to myself. My phone charger broke, so I asked for one and the FA gave me her personal charger. The 777 has touch screen entertainment with USB access, massive collection of movies and TV shows. Good airline overall, the HKG-YVR-JFK route however is mostly going to be a red eye flight, the return flight was less stressful.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by N Petersen    (France)

HKG-TPE. I have travelled several times with Cathay Pacific, and I am always very impressed with their service. On my return flight, I arrived early at the airport. At the check-in, they told me that my flight was slightly delayed. Because they feared that I might miss my connection to Europe in Hong Kong, they automatically rebooked me on the flight one hour earlier very professional! The flight experience itself was, as always impeccable.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Smith Nanette    (Australia)

I have travelled Cathay Pacific in the past and enjoyed the experience but have to say my last two flights from Perth to Hong Kong then Hong Kong to Tokyo Haneda were very average. The plane was looking old (in economy, noted that first class and business looked like they had been renovated). My entertainment system did not work on the first flight. Rarely have I found an airline meal so bad I would not eat it, but the Hake was disgusting and the scrambled eggs the next morning also awful. On the first flight the cabin crew were abrupt, I realise it was a full flight but I still expect pleasantness. The service was minimal and seemed rushed and a bit sloppy. I thought it might have been just me but when I caught up with my husband and son who had flown the same route two days earlier, we laughed because they too had exactly the same experience. I'm hoping to enjoy my return trip in a weeks time more.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Roger Tilling    (UK)

CX270, AMS-HKG and CX767, HKG-SGN. Flight from Amsterdam in an A340 had the old herringbone Business Class seats - I actually really liked having my own private 'pod'. The cabin crew were some of the friendliest, courteous and most genuine I have ever been served by in the sky - nothing was a problem to them. The inflight food was beautifully presented and cooked. I admit, being 6ft 5ins tall, the flat bed is too short to lie flat, but even though I wish they designed seats for taller people it is still possible to get some sleep. Their lounges at Hong Kong Airport are outstanding - there are 6 of them! The flight to Ho Chi Minh City was on an A330 with the old regional seating, not the new 777 with new business class seating (aircraft change) but still the serene, comfortable, professional service and great food. I'm not surprised that Cathay Pacific is a 5-Star airline - other airlines like BA could learn so much from them. An absolutely brilliant experience!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Short    (USA)

CX807, March 24 2013 and CX 709, March 25 2013. I have never experienced a more enjoyable travel experience. Cathay is truly on their game, and puts other top airlines to shame. I felt at home and cared for, which made for a great trip.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 January 2014 by M New    (Hong Kong)

HKG-KUL. The plane is embarrassingly old. My seat was broken as was the entertainment system. The flight attendants do their best but the airline really leaves them high and dry with the product they are putting up. It happened that my schedule was such that I returned to HK on Malaysian Airlines (a code share with Cathay) and that was much better. The Malaysian Airlines staff were excellent, the plane was new and it all worked very nicely. Cathay's best days appear to be well behind them.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Kwai Cindy    (Hong Kong)

CX100, SYD-HKG in Premium Economy class. On ground welcome drink and hot towel. I took the first row window seat and it was nice that next to my seat was empty. The meal was great, not worse than Business Class. Inflight snack you can choose noodles, chips, biscuit or apple. One thing is not good enough in PEY cabin is that they do not have a restroom on Airbus A330-300. The 773-300ER has one restroom. I am glad that they still provide Business class headsets in PEY cabin. It helps reduce engine sound. The seat was just like regional Business seats. Flight arrived 35 mins early.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

HKG-LAX, B77W, First Class. Transferred from a regional CX flight, and was met at the arrival gate and escorted to a special transfer line for expedited security checking. The Wing First Class Lounge is excellent, with attentive staff service, good food/beverages and outstanding Cabanas. A second security check of hand luggage prior to boarding, but the boarding lines could be better organized. On time departure. Four passengers in a cabin for six. The "pre-refreshed" interior (which I prefer to the latest colors) was well-preserved and clean. Staff friendly, but lacked the standard of finesse expected on CX First Class, especially when there were only four passengers. The hand-written welcome note on my tray was for another passenger, until I pointed out their error. One flight attendant was very young and inexperienced, and was unfamiliar with the wine choices available on the flight. The food served is of good quality and tasty, but the menu is rather limited with main entrees that are not as good as served a couple of years ago. The AVOD system is outstanding, and the seat very specious and private, but not very comfortable for sitting in for 14+ hours, though excellent for sleeping in the lie-flat position. On-time arrival at LAX, but baggage took longer than expected for delivery. Overall, I like the CX First Class product very much, though I am concerned that standards are slipping slightly, especially when some Asian and Middle East competitors are improving their product.

CX161, HKG-SYD, Business Class. Excellent seat. Flight 20 mins early arrived. Check-in was smooth. On ground welcome drink and hot towel. Food was great. During 2 meals services CX provide snack and noodle as well. AVOD with touch screen. Headsets was comfortable. Each seat is single seat and flat bed. Cabin crew did a very nice work. I strongly recommend to take Cathay Pacific Airways even you are book economy class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by B Williams    (Australia)

SYD-HKG-NRT. Boarding was very efficient on both flights. The service was attentive, efficient and pleasant on both flights. The SYD-HKG flight was serviced by an A330 with the new economy class seats. The new seats were very comfortable with good legroom and plenty of storage space. Two full sized meals were served on this flight - the first was quite average but the second was delicious. The HKG-NRT flight was serviced by a B773 with the old economy class seats. These seats were not the most comfortable but thankfully I had three to stretch out over. I found the IFE system, Studio CX, a little harder than average to use at first, but the range of entertainment options was outstanding. Overall, good value for money, a high quality new economy class and outstanding service will see me coming back to CX.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by P Porter    (UK)

London Heathrow to Hong Kong and back, economy both ways. Flew on the last 747 service from London to Hong Kong on 31st December 2013. We were all given a lovely commemorative postcard set at the gate. As we taxied a firetruck water canon salute was in operation, although the fact that it was pouring with rain rather spoiled the effect! Seats were reasonably comfortable and although I know others find these older style 'sliding' recline Cathay Pacific seats not so comfortable, at least you don't get problems with the person in front if you reclining their seat all the way back. Food was nothing special, neither was the movie selection and crew not the most attentive, I was expecting Cathay Pacific in-flight service to be up there with the other major Asian airlines and so was a little disappointed. Return flight Hong Kong to Heathrow was on a 777. It may be my 'shape' but I just could not get comfortable in these seats (economy class) and unlike the old style 747 seats, the new 777 seats recline by tilting and so inevitably, the person in front of me decided to recline fully for the entire flight. This, combined with the uncomfortable seat (no lumbar support and either very low armrests or high seat cushion - I couldn't work out which) made it one of the most unpleasant long haul flights I have taken in recent years. Cabin crew not friendly (aside from one female cabin attendant who seemed to be doing more work than all her colleagues and who was genuinely personable and friendly) and, as on the outward leg, cabin crew not especially attentive. Very relieved to land at LHR and get off this flight. Disappointed with Cathay Pacific given their generally very positive reputation.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Leo Chung    (Hong Kong)

HKG-SIN-HKG. The outbound flight (CX739) was a 77W, which is equipped with the latest long-haul seats. Seat was comfortable and the AVOD was working properly. However, I was disappointed with the meal portion and the service. Requested a cup of hot tea for 3 times, to 3 different crew members, but still also unattended. Finally, I went to the gallery to ask for a cup of tea. The return flight (CX714) was a retrofitted regional A330 (B-HLT). The service was much better. The crew was friendly and was very willing to assist me with the luggage. Water service was offered throughout the whole red-eye flight. A thumb up to the team. Overall, the service standard was dropped and Cathay, please listen up and improve!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 January 2014 by B Le Quesne    (Australia)

Flew from Perth to HK and return in November 2013. The 9hr flight was very smooth and quiet, the service on board faultless, food was first rate and the seat in Business Class was very comfortable to sleep in. One can only imagine what it would be like to fly in First Class! Granted Cathay Pacific are not cheap to fly with but if you can afford to spoil yourself and upgrade to Business Class on Cathay you will not be dissapointed. Hopefully I get to fly with them again some time.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Calvin Cheng    (Hong Kong)

CX888, HKG-YVR-JFK. Great service with good taste meal. Also inflight entertainment was great. Lots of movies and music.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.