Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Jacob Choi    (Hong Kong)

I flew from LHR-CDG and CDG-HKG with BA and CX respectively, it was excellent as CX managed to upgrade me from a normal Y to Y+ on the Paris-Hong Kong. It was my first time in PE and it made quite a difference since it was a 11 hour flight. There was a significant amount of legroom, and the amenity kits and enhanced levels of service made the great difference in price between Y and Y+ that I should now consider in the future when it's a long haul flight. The movies were decent and varied and the cabin crew were flawless, one thing that is particularly commendable as they really collaborated together and you felt that they were helping each other out as a team.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Walker Shane    (Bangladesh)

I have flown with Cathay many times before, but always in Economy or Premium Economy. This was the first time that I have travelled Business Class with them. The flight was Hong Kong to Melbourne return, and was on a newly fitted out A330 with the new style Business Class configuration (not the old style herring bone). Overall I was extremely impressed. The service, food, drink selection, and entertainment were all excellent. However, the best part of the flight was the seat, which was probably the most comfortable business class seat that I have experienced, plus there was ample storage space and compartments. The only thing to be aware of, is that some seats are not exactly aligned with the window, and so you have to crane your neck around the cubicle wall to see out of the window.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Peter Gordon    (UK)

LHR-HKG-NRT and HND-HKG-LHR in Economy. I discovered that by travelling CX I could have a stopover at HKG on my trip to Tokyo at no extra cost to flying direct. 3 of the 4 flights were slightly delayed by no shows but we arrived on time or only a few minutes late in all cases. Overall the flights were very good with above average catering and comfortable seats. Cabin crew were excellent and were available throughout the flight. I would make a couple of comments. It would be nice if Cathay could fit "ears" to their economy class seats - it helps avoid getting a pain in the neck. Also it would be good to fit adjustable air vents above each seat. I found the first flight too hot when I got on, the cold during the flight (although that was fixed by a trip to the loo to put my vest back on) - adjustable vents would help alleviate this. Notwithstanding these comments I'm happy to award Cathay top marks.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by C Joaquin    (Philippines)

Very nice and good service with many channels available but I don't like the old aircraft's such as the A330-300 and the Boeing 772 because of the old seats and old TV sets. Everything else is ok, meals are good, bathrooms are clean and staff are friendly.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Norton Clive    (Belgium)

CDG-HKG-SYD. My wife and I chose PE Economy because of the seat and we were not disappointed. A few extra inches in width and quite a few extra for legs with extra recline and a wide armrest with food tray inside. This all made a dramatic difference for our comfort on a 22 hour flight. It was possible to find a sleeping position. Also at meal times the seat in front did not interfere with the food table. Cabin staff were very friendly and professional, a very solid product I would choose again. Try and get the front row seats, they have extra leg support.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Norman Mitchell    (UK)

CX918, B77W, MNL-HKG. I am not a regular user of CX but past recent experiences in their new Business Class have been good. The seat is excellent and the catering satisfactory. On this flight, I was told that I was being upgraded to First Class but was then advised that there would be no First Class service, just the seat and that the catering would be Business Class standard. Having selected a Business Class window seat, as always in the CX type of lay-out, I was allocated seat 1D in First Class. This is a single centre seat in CX’s apparently new First Class lay-out and can only be described as a cell. Its certainly spacious as you would expect in First Class nowadays, but there is a feeling of being locked in to a high sided enclosure. The seat itself is like a bench, its width would adequately seat two people and has no shape to it. Also, there are no overhead bins, only a small cupboard that forms part of the cell which is only large enough to take a small bag and a jacket. Roller bags have to be placed on the floor, protruding out from underneath the foot-stool that forms part of the flat bed. It was sufficiently depressing that I asked for my Business Class seat back but the flight was full, hence the “upgrade” and my seat had been allocated to someone else. The Business Class catering dinner on this flight – comprised an adequate fruit salad, a main course where a choice of two meat in a sauce and rice and fish in a sauce and rice were offered up on a tray by the cabin attendant. They looked so unappetizing that I passed on the main course. Dessert was a dry looking piece of cake which I passed on as well. This was low standard Business Class catering at its worst, there was no menu given so the actual content of the meal was down to guess-work. Finally, we were told whilst in the Lounge that there were problems with the IFE on board. We then departed almost 2 hours late. Overall, very disappointing and in comparable with other carriers in the Region.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

HKG-LAX. Upgraded on miles to b-class. Great product all round - service, plenty of privacy, seat comfort and lie flat bed very comfortable, making for a decent amount of sleep. Only complaint on this 12hr flight was the meal service timing and slight delay in drinks after take-off. Around 3hrs in, dinner was served (which was excellent, with a great selection of wines) and then followed around 5hrs later with brunch - some 4hrs out from the destination. It was explained this was in response to some customers providing feedback they got hungry. Odd as CX offer decent inflight snacks and also at odds with other 12hr flights. The service interrupted my sleep and whilst I asked for my brunch to be served 2 hours later, and this was done, some parts of the brunch offering were missed.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Seigfredo Origenes    (UK)

Had a very safe flight from LHR to Hong Kong to Cebu and back. The overall flight made it quite worthwhile at the same time, entertaining. Will book my next flight here and highly recommended to all first time travellers.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Halonen    (Finland)

HEL-AMS-HKG-MEL. All flights 99% full. Food good, seats uncomfortable, cabin crew friendly. On return flight got upgraded MEL-HKG and HKG-LHR. Good value for your money.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Shiva Sitaraman    (USA)

SFO-HKG-MAA, BLR-HKG-SFO (BLR-HKG on Dragonair) in early March. Enough has been said about the horrible shell seats on the 747-400s. One can only hope they replace these aircraft soon. Once again the special Indian vegetarian meal out of SFO was terrible. I have traveled this route 4 times over the past four years and the same entree has been served. I wrote to the airline about this but obviously to no avail. Food-wise things do generally improve on the other legs but in general the quality is going down. AVOD was superb with great sound and picture quality. The selection was vast with all the 2013 best picture Oscar nominated films already available. Overall, good value for money with decent on board service and on time flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by B Crockford    (USA)

CX881, LAX-HKG in Premium Economy. After a number of recent flights on US airlines, it was a real pleasure to step on board a Cathay Pacific plane. The PE product is great for the long haul and worth the extra investment. Far superior to BA's equivalent. Only downside is getting out of your seat if you are at the window (or center) when the seats in front are reclined - makes for a difficult clamber over the person in the next seat. Great service - friendly, sincere and efficient. The separate compartment on the 777 is a plus, especially when sat on the right side making for easy access to the dedicated washroom.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Koehncke    (Hong Kong)

CX have not disappointed me in 3 years of flying. Perhaps as a recognized traveler, I get special treatment but never witnessed such with any other airlines. Point in case, on recent JFK-HKG flight. I arrived on a late AA connection and had not checked my baggage through to HKG (only checked to JFK). Fearing I would miss my CX connection, I did not bother to pick up my luggage at AA baggage claim and went straight to CX, barely making the flight. Arriving in HKG, I contacted CX baggage services. Even though my bag was not under their control, not tagged for them, they sent their JFK staff to AA baggage, retrieved my bag, put it on the next CX JFK-HKG flight and delivered it to my home. All in < 48 hours. During this period, CX contacted me several times by phone to let me know the status. This is exemplary customer service.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.