Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Bissell Julie    (UK)

We flew from Hong Kong to London Heathrow on 23 October. The flight left 35 minutes late. The first problem was that Cathay Pacific had not registered my vegetarian meal, and were in the process of allocating this to a surprised passenger nearby (who was willing to accept it). When we let them know that it was me that had ordered the vegetarian option, the crew said that It "shouldn't be a problem - there was probably a spare vegetarian meal aboard". Not what you want to hear at the start of a 13 hour flight. For the record, the other partners on the flights involved (Virgin Atlantic and Air New Zealand) had registered my request and made it clear within minutes of our arrival onboard that they knew where to deliver the vegetarian meal. We saw the cabin crew for the two meals, and on three occasions after - the other aisle was serviced, our aisle had little assistance. I was awake for about two thirds of the flight, so I didn't miss them while I was asleep. We had to almost grab a steward to hand over our rubbish. This was not Premium Economy, this was cattle class with extra legroom. Never again. Next time we fly we will avoid Cathay Pacific.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Quin    (Australia)

I first flew Cathay in 2011 to China which was a very good experience in all areas (service, catering, entertainment etc) however, I flew Cathay again in 2014 to USA and Canada and was very shocked at how the quality of their service, catering and entertainment had declined in a matter of 3 years. The staff who were previously helpful are now unfriendly, lazy and unhelpful and the catering is atrocious. The food is poor quality and has little or no taste and rightly said by another reviewer, they somehow no longer provide salt and pepper! I understand times are tough with certain airlines but you wouldn't expect them to skim on basic condiments. The entertainment system has limited options and sadly, I think the overall passenger experience in economy has gone downhill. Don't think Cathay will be my first choice in future.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by R Sanyal    (USA)

Recently flew from Calcutta via Hong Kong to Chicago. Calcutta-Hong Kong section operated by Dragonair. Good service, friendly attendants. Interestingly enough, I was served a full meal while the others in the cabin received a wrapped sandwich. Eating and drinking "sumptuously" while surrounded by passengers sipping cola and chewing on a morsel made me self-conscious and slightly uncomfortable. A flight attendant informed me that the others had been upgraded and had not paid the fare that I had and was thus not deserving of the full meal and drinks and convenience pack normally provided in this cabin! The Hong Kong-Chicago flight was efficient as always though it seemed the standards among the flight attendants were not uniformly high. Overall, Cathay Pacific delivers a high quality travel experience.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

YVR-HKG-MEL in Premium economy. On balance, a bit of a mixed bag experience. Seats definitely an uptick from economy, but the fundamental problem is cabin design, which is flawed - the cabin feels like a retrofitted afterthought, which it is. On the B777, YVR-HKG leg the one toilet in premium economy is in the right front of the cabin, necessitating anyone on the left side of the plane to crawl across the four seats in the middle front row to access it. That isn't well thought out, and isn't a nice thing to do to the people sitting there and is difficult at night with all four people stretched out sleeping, so the alternative is walking back into economy down the left aisle, which is a hassle. On the A330, HKG-MEL there is no premium economy toilet, which requires a trip back to economy. Food seemed more 'economy' than 'business' but to be expected really. The other big negative on the YVR-HKG flight was the premium economy cabin was filled with upgraded passengers due to a massively oversold economy cabin. I would estimate 80% of the people in premium economy were upgraded, and not for status reasons, which makes the logic behind paying for it hard to justify. On the positive side, Cathay service always shines, and the crews are professional and efficient.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Bree    (Australia)

MEL-HKG-YYZ return in economy. It was okay, let's face it economy is never going to be fantastic, but for economy it was just fine and I would do it again. As we were going to Canada we were allowed 23kg x 2 which is great. I considered upgrading to Premium Economy but it would have been an EXTRA $4000 for the two of us, just too much. The flight to and from HKG from Mel was fine. Seat a little hard, but we found sitting on their blanket in its bag helped there. The food was okay. The FA's were lovely, very friendly. Entertainment very good also. Flight to Toronto was full. We paid extra for exit row seats. Was very cold against the door. I had wrapped just about everything I could around my legs, it was really freezing there but still not a bad seat in that you could just walk straight out of it, no climbing over anyone so if you go for that seat, bring warm items for your legs. Going to YYZ was better than returning. Returning the staff seemed to disappear. They were not very organised at YYZ coming back either, the line ups were all messed up and wheelchairs couldn't get through. They called the far rows first before business and it was just a big crazy mess of confused people. We were late leaving HKG for MEL due to late passengers but not surprising as there was a gate change. Mostly though the flights were on time, our luggage arrived safely, the entertainment was good, and thank goodness there were no shell seats as what we experienced back in March. After travelling to Canada before via LA, this is a far better option even if longer. Stopping over in HKG is ideal and the airport there is very efficient.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Narottam Lal    (India)

DEL-HKG-SFO in Premium economy class. Few of the points to be highlighted are: Reliable, co-operative ground staff and very co-operative onboard staff. Highly graded on punctuality. Easy booking even on phone. Easy online check in and pre-allotted seats. Good and tasty onboard food service. Comfortable seats even in economy class, premium economy class is not as comfortable as advertised by air line but OK for the money charged.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Stephensen Warren    (Australia)

We travelled from Hong Kong to LA on the 17/10/2014 on flight CX880, we usually fly business but on this occasion we flew premium economy, we have flown for many years using Cathay to Australia, Europe and the Middle East, so were expecting a good flight, not long after dinner the staff closed all the window shades obviously wanting people to sleep so they did not have to work as was indicated by the total lack of any service, they passed through the cabin about twice in 6 hours offering people warm water from a bottle, where was the ice, cold drink or tea or coffee?, I have never ever experienced such poor service in all my years of flying, the staff on this flight had no recollection of customer service or relations, to earn the 2014 airline of the year baffles me. we will certainly not be using Cathay on future flights, the aviation world is full of options.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Silalahi Farel    (Indonesia)

Flew CGK-HKG-JFK-HKG-SIN on the 8 Oct and to Singapore on the 12 Oct. Overall experience ok. Seat comfortable. Food slightly disappointing. Flight was on schedule. Entertainment nothing to be excited.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by James Ng    (Hong Kong)

Traveling with Cathay Pacific in premium economy class from Doha to Hong Kong in 28 August, 2014. Flight was on time and was operated on a A330-300. Welcome drinks and hot towel was served when I got on the plane. Touch screen entertainment system was sensitive and films were up to date. Dinner was served 1.5 hours later and it was good. However, breakfast wasn't good - just a snack box served with a very cold chicken wrap - Qatar Airways serves a hot meal on the same route in economy class. Crew should smile more. Seat was uncomfortable and after a eight hours flight, I was very painful. The toilet was dirty. Flight arrived Hong Kong on time. I won't pay about a double price than economy class next time when I travel in Cathay's premium economy class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Struck Bernd    (UAE)

CX418, 6 Oct, HKG to ICN. A330 Fully occupied. Seat ok, also cushion attached to Seat Belt very uncomfortable. Food (Pasta) was a nightmare, completely tasteless. Salt and Pepper is not being served anymore. Preferred not to eat.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Steven Cao    (China)

Shanghai Pudong-Hong Kong-Newark on Sep 25, Chicago ORD-Hong Kong-Shanghai Pudong on Oct 5, very disappointing experience! Shanghai-Pudong-Hong Kong on Dragonair's A330, entertainment system breakdown for whole aircraft during the entire journey, very simple lunch served (only rice or pasta, with a mini-size salad), when arrived at HKG, bussed to terminal which is really inconvenient. HKG-EWR a disaster, again after simple dinner served (tiny rice or pasta, with tiny salad, nothing else), no real food (except chips) could be provided until the breakfast (very funny arrangement as we landed EWR at 21.00pm New York time after almost 16hrs flight). Return flight ORD- HKG was the same, for such one of the world's longest flight, CX really doesn't care about passengers in the economy cabin. Entertainment was good for HKG-EWR and ORD-HKG, staff friendly except the HKG-PVG sector.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by S Tchan    (Australia)

Flew Premium economy ADL to HK with connecting flight to LHR on 27 August. Flight left Adelaide 90 mins late, so, missed flight to LHR. What followed was the most frustrating of experiences. 10 hours in HK then we were forced to fly via Tokyo to LHR. Delay of another 7 hours in Tokyo. Arrived LHR feeling dreadful. No compensation whatsoever was offered to us until our daughter complained and we were offered a $100 voucher each which we still have not received and we are now back in Adelaide. Then came the return flight last week. Plane out of LHR delayed two hours. Turned up at airport with bags packed (as we had been told to do whilst still at home) only to be advised that they could not get us on a flight out of HK for 48 hours. Back home and unpacked bags. Two days later had to fly home via Melbourne as no seats available on direct Adelaide flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Mulcahy    (Australia)

Hong Kong to Milan in F using QF ff points. Spent time in the First lounge. Overhyped and not up to Qantas SYD first lounge or Thai first in BKK. Boarding professional, service outstanding. Didn't have the dinner as it was a 1am flight but breakfast very good. Plane spotless and toilets cleaned on a regular basis in F and Business. Best in class product.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R M Jones    (UK)

Probably the best of the legacy carriers. Had a trip DCA-HKG-LHR in economy and there was little to fault, from price, food, seats and service. I do prefer from the more generic Gulf carriers. The service is more focused and tried to deliver a Hong Kong/UK/Europe product instead of a false generic international feel.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by C Hallman    (Australia)

Flight 293 from Hong Kong to Rome on an A340-300, seat 16A. As it was a late night flight, was told that my meal would be available when requested. When I asked, they said they were unable to serve reheated food but would serve me their bowl of snack noodles, which was just that. The AVOD was not functioning on arrival and continued to be out of order for the 11 hour flight. A most apologetic flight manager offered me some inflight shopping vouchers. Not very happy about the whole experience in an ageing craft despite full recline seats.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Yong Mak    (Hong Kong)

Hong Kong-Tokyo Haneda-Hong Kong, Outbound flight CX542 was excellent, the flight attendants were very attentive even though the flight was busy. They carefully asked passengers' preference and when I was not sure which wine to order, the flight attendant suggested me to try a little bit of each before making a decision. Very thoughtful, indeed! I also enjoyed the conversation with them. The flight was slightly delayed but it didn't bother me too much. However, the return flight CX549 was less impressive. The flight attendants were not as friendly and attentive as the outbound flight. They forgot and skipped my dessert. Anyway, everything else was fine.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Paterson    (USA)

JFK-BKK return in F. Simply the best. Outbound via stopover in YVR on 773, seat was malfunctioning but staff were more than proactive in having engineering fix it the second we landed in Vancouver. Fantastic food, drink and AVOD combined with immaculately professional service from FAs equals the absolute best way to fly commercially these days. Staff go above and beyond to ensure a 15+ hour flight feels as comfortable as possible. Lie-flat seat with comfy duvet and mattress pad mean I was able to get over 8 hours of solid sleep - a rare feat for my over 6-foot- tall frame. Flagship lounge "The Wing" in HKG very comfortable but could use some more food options. Otherwise, impeccable. Will be flying CX on all future trips to Asia.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by M Stoutenberg    (USA)

I recently flew, economy class, from round-trip from the U.S. to Hong Kong on to Japan. I must report that the experience with Cathay Pacific was once again excellent. I enjoyed everything about the flight - the entertainment, the flight crew, the food, and snacks. On this trip, my bags were lost in the U.S. by American Airlines and did not make the transfer to Japan. However, Cathay staff took responsibility, provided me with compensation for my troubles and then delivered the bags the next day exactly when they said they would. I was extremely impressed with how they handled the situation (being very apologetic) to the professional manner in which they handled the situation. I would definitely fly with this airline again in the future!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Audrey Ferguson    (UK)

Great trip from Hong Kong to Heathrow, but no vegetarian food, although this was requested by our Tour Operator. The Steward kindly cooked a vegetarian meal for me, so thank you for that. The food and drinks given were really good and entertainment was tremendous.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Robert Ross    (UK)

Amsterdam to Melbourne via Hong Kong. First leg had the 1-2-1 seat configuration which is better for couples. Second leg had the 1-1-1 herringbone configuration. Really comfortable seat. Full flat and very comfortable sleep. Confident assured staff. Good quality business lounges - excellent showers in Hong Kong. Good food but not great. Good entertainment. Best carrier I've been with.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Miranda Leung    (Hong Kong)

I took CX369 today, from Pudong Shanghai airport. I was actually booked an earlier flight of KA891 which was cancelled due to typhoon "Phoenix" at 1830h, I was being notified by CX via text message before 9am so at least I had enough time to rearrange another flight. It was all fixed before 10am - how efficient. When I arrived at the airport, all flights were further delayed - ground staff gave me the option to change to another flight. Eventually the flight was 3.5 hours delayed and on landing in HGK it was only 2.5 hours delayed. Apart from that, all announcements were clear, as a Marco Polo member, I was comfortably enjoying some private time in the CX lounge.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Wilson See    (Singapore)

SIN-HKG (A330-300) and HKG-SIN (B747-400). Very comfortable and reasonable services provided. Less interference by the staff and very prompt service. In-flight entertainment was adequate for the four hours flights. No qualms over the seats as there were adequate leg space for both flights except that it's not rolled back but protruding in front. Cathay Pacific certainly beat Singapore Airlines when it comes to value for money. But if you are talking about overall comfort and satisfaction, I will still prefer SQ over to CX. However, I will definitely fly with CX again if there is any good fares offered by them.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by L Loveridge    (Australia)

Had high expectations. My main gripe is the inflight entertainment. It is controlled by them and you cannot watch anything until about 15 mins after departure and then they took our headphones and turned the screen off when there was still 15 mins to go before landing! No other airline does this that I have flown with. You can watch what you like until 20 mins after landing with British Airways for example and many others. I had 7 mins left of the movie so not impressed. Food portion was small and not particularly nice. Wine is poured by them into a cup so you don't get much. Offered only twice on long flight. Other airlines give you a small bottle each time. Seats uncomfortable No toothpaste or toothbrush offered. Coffee revolting. Won't fly again with CP if I can avoid it.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

Flew YVR-JFK on CX 888 in First and can't say enough about the quality of the product. I'm Qantas Platinum / One World Elite and fly CX whenever I have the opportunity. This flight was another example of what CX offers - unmatched comfort along with all necessary amenities and ultra professional service. The airline is firing on all cylinders and is the benchmark by which others should measure themselves. Cabin peaceful, seats comfortable, food delicious, IFE superb and highly professional crew. Consistently the best product in the industry.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by R Knight    (UK)

LHR-HKG. Premium Economy cabin, isolated from the mayhem of Economy and had its own toilet for PE passengers which was not crashed by Economy people. Service very good, particularly the hostess who put my jacket away in a closet and remembered to return it to me as we stopped at the stand in HKG. Food a bit disappointing - the breakfast tasted poor and was sickly. Good choice of entertainment. Could not sleep in the seat though, just not comfortable enough to relax sufficiently. On return journey cabin was partly empty which looked promising, but the only benefit was faster service and no toilet queue. A man sat in front of me and reclined his seat fully for the whole 13 hours except meals which wrecked my journey. On a daytime East-West flight that is totally unacceptable and should not be permitted. I had to watch movies with the screen 30 cm from my face. It's the luck of the draw however, and overall I would recommend the airline and cabin.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

HKG to LHR, PEY class. Lounge busy but as good as ever. People arrive far too early for flights so it's always full. Flight boarding fast, got front row seat. Food and AVOD great both ways. Impressed in general, buzzed for a coffee on both flights, lovely friendly attitude for coffee both times quickly, designated bathroom in PEY. Highly recommended.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by R Stone    (Australia)

Numerous flights with Cathay Pacific over the recent month or so, almost all long-haul. Most recent was BNE-HKG- LHR-HKG-BNE. All flights packed but on-board service remained good. However, even for an Emerald Frequent Flyer (and I fly Cathay so many times I've lost count) getting a window seat preference was not always possible. Also, while the cabin crew always seemed to do their best, the same cannot be said for their lounge counter staff, especially in the Hong Kong (First Class) Lounge, who only rarely seem ready or willing to assist with enquiries. On-board food good but wine portions poor these days.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by E T L Yang    (Singapore)

First time on long haul CX. Usually SQ or QR (Qatar). Was delayed all 4 legs - SIN to HKG, HKG to SFO, SFO to HKG (14 hours), HKG to SIN. That was disappointing as no mention to reason for delays until we finally go aboard! Ground staff service could be better. Inflight service was reasonably good, but I miss the gourmet coffees on SQ! Food quality good and ICE up to date. J class seat a little narrow but had a real flat bed feel. Overall I will fly with them again westbound out of SIN if prices are competitive.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Scott    (Australia)

I've flown with Cathay a few times. Recently did SYD-HKG-LHR and return 9 days later (yesterday). I enjoyed my trip and was pleasantly surprised with the food this time more than any other. Seats are a bit comfier with Emirates but for the price being just slightly above the cheapest available, I would choose Cathay if on a budget. If I had a bit more money I would prefer Emirates. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by John Kennedy    (Australia)

Hong Kong to Sydney, Business Class. I haven't flown them in a few years but did last night and will certainly do so again. Seat, movies, touchscreen TV, service, meals, customer attention is first class. I fly first class regularly but CP leaves even first class for dead.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Les White    (Australia)

Flew HKG-MEL on an A330-300. Went on board with great expectations and was left wanting to be honest. First the good things, dedicated check in and boarding which some of the other airlines that fly PE could learn from. The gluten free meal I was served was tasteless and the entertainment system I found was nowhere near as good as the BA one was. Service was sketchy at best, couldn't recommend them.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by John Fairclough    (France)

FRA to HKG return plus a PVG-HKG sector in between (in Ordinary Econ). All flights on 777-300ER. Each on time arrivals. Find the PE seats a definite notch up from the Econ ones, as you would expect. The front row middle section is nice because of the extra legroom, but I found the leg rest fiddly and not terribly comfortable. Also, as others have noted the S/B side toilet means a lot of people have to clamber past you to use it which gets tiresome. Food and drink tasty and plentiful, surprisingly for a HK based carrier, the western option was better than the Chinese one ! There seems to be a running debate on here as to whether PE is worth the difference over Econ. I'd say it all depends on the extra fare demanded. In my case it was about 30% more, which to my mind is worth paying. I've seen some instances where it's nearly double the Econ fare, which, I'd not feel justified in paying. Overall, CX's is better vfm than the BA or Virgin product, but still well behind that of Air New Zealand.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Peter Chan    (The Netherlands)

Amsterdam to Bali with transit in Hong Kong. Did the same trip with SQ last year with transit in Singapore. I have to say that the SQ experience was much better. CX seats are awful for my back. SQ gave more attention and the service was not rushed. Cut backs are quite obvious with smaller food portions and only water during the night. The seafood congee breakfast had three small prawns and four slithers of mushrooms and that was it. Quite inadequate. The last few years I have flown many times to Hong Kong with Qantas, BA and Qatar. CX do not stand out compared to other airlines. Will avoid CX in the future.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by I Aaron    (USA)

JFK-HKG. Was upgraded to Business Class at check-in without even asking. Almost 16hr flight, seat extremely comfortable and roomy. Best airline food I've eaten, and plenty of it. Entertainment system had 15" screen and more movies and TV shows than I could have watched in 3 flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Phoebe Lee    (Hong Kong)

Flight CX162 from Sydney to Hong Kong on August 31. Unfortunately the touch screen in front of me had some problems midway through the trip and turned blank. Asked a cabin attendant for help but nothing could be done except resetting the inflight entertainment system which meant everyone on board would have to stop watching their movies for 10 mins. I was left with nothing to do for the 2nd half of my journey which was a bit of a let down as others were enjoying their movies. We got served 2 meals during the flight but on both occasions I didn't get what I want because of limited supply.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by B Wang    (Canada)

I paid $2500 for a return flight Toronto - Bangkok on 22nd August, 2014. The flights were on time. The food was mediocre. The entertainment was good. My real beef is with my return flight. The leg from Vancouver to Toronto was carried out by Westjet. 1) They (CX) could not issue my Wesjet boarding pass. I had to go to Westjet counter in Vancouver airport to get the boarding pass. 2) Since it was a red eye flight, there was no sandwich provided even though I agreed to pay. This was a 4.5 hrs flight 3) You have to purchase a headphone. Headphones were provided free of charge on all CX flights. CX dropped the ball when they switched their passengers to Westjet. I will never fly Cathay Pacific again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Gonzaga    (Malaysia)

CX829 and CX723 YYZ to HKG and onto KUL on 24 Aug. In contrast to the outgoing flight, I must say I was more than satisfied with my return flight. Early morning departure from Toronto, we were the last flight to leave. Full flight, boarding was organized and efficient and the ground staff were pleasant and accommodating. I had an empty seat next to me which helped. The meals were disappointing in terms of size but were tasty. Snacks were provided on the 15 hour flight to HKG but you had to ask. Good quality shortbread cookies and hot cup noodles were provided. Staff were pleasant and the cabin manager was very sweet. As I had a cold, she made me a cup of tea with honey and lemon and checked on me later to ask if I wanted another one! Seats were ok, not great and in flight entertainment was adequate. No real complaints. All flights were on time, toilets were clean so all in all a slick operation.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Rod Oppy    (Australia)

I am a lifetime Gold Qantas member and just this week flew Sydney - Hong Kong Premium Economy with no issues flight, food and service was great. Then boarded CX0364 to Shanghai, flight was 30 minutes late boarding however then we waited in the plane for 3.5 hours before taking off (I watched 2 movies), the reason that there was 4 other flights ahead of us using the same route to Shanghai, unbelievable. Then on the return flight to Hong Kong CX0369 arrived at the Pudong airport at 2.30pm for a 5.30pm flight to find all of the check in counters closed, there was no real explanation for this but was told to check in at the standby counter. I did this and received a pass B16, it seems because I have gold status I was allocated to B, the guy I was flying with being a silver was allocated C6 and the local guy a D as he has no status. In talking to other passengers we learnt that the 1.30 flight still had not left so it seems that the pass was a chance to get on an earlier flight. Now I could go on and on about this but the facts are that some of the Cathay staff were very rude and unprofessional in their handling of this matter, we received no real info on what was going on except to ask us to come back at 4pm and then 6pm to check what was going on, after returning at 5 mins to 6pm I heard my number B16 called so I was moved to the earlier flight which was supposed to depart at 7pm but finally left after 8pm then to rub salt into the wounds on arrival in HK we had to bus it to the terminal. I arrived at my hotel at 11.30pm but my boss arrived at 3.30am! I understand that flights are delayed from time to time however surely Cathay can train its staff to be polite and advise customers what is really going on.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Li    (UK)

LHR-HKG. I normally fly CX whenever I go Asia. Flight to HK was delayed but was informed 10hrs before my flight and was given 15 food vouchers to spend when I checked in. Service was impeccable as always, quick service when I request anything, entertainment is plentiful and staff were attentive, even remembering my name and seat! Return back to LHR was a fully booked flight so service was a little slower, but that was fine by me. Staff always had a smile on their face even though they were very busy. Cabin and toilets very clean as per usual. Seats are comfy, and extra pillows and blankets on request. Can't fault the service and it is definitely worth the money. Another happy customer of CX.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Arvin    (USA)

ORD-KUL via HKG. I found service on both legs of my flight to be not good at all. The crew were not attentive and spent most of the time in the galley. They hardly served drinks throughout the flight. Food was average at best and the Western options were not good.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by R Gonzaga    (Malaysia)

CX829, YYZ-HKG, 24 Aug and connecting to CX723 to KUL. YYZ to HKG was a 15 hour flight in Premium Economy and was as perfect a flight as you could have wanted it to be! I was sick with a cold and the stewardess brought me a box of tissues and made me hot tea with lemon and honey. She enquired if I needed more and was quite attentive. When I told her I recognized her from my outbound flight on 4 Aug, she was thrilled that I recognized her. Seats were spacious, great leg room but I would have appreciated another 2 inches of recline to make sleeping that more comfortable. The downside was the food, what was served was tasty but the portions were small and served on a tray not much larger than an A4 size piece of paper. The meal service was rushed and as it was a night flight, there could have been more patrols with drinks and snacks. They need to improve on their snack quality which mainly consists of processed food. A few choices like fruit and sandwiches would have been nice. Would definitely fly with them again especially in PE.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J O'Reilly    (Australia)

LHR-HKG-SYD. First leg on a modern 777-300ER, boarding slightly chaotic with most people not listening to the boarding calls. Onboard service was very good with food and drinks of good quality. AVOD was fast and responsive with a decent selections of movies etc. Second flight on a a330-300. Bulkhead seats so plenty of room to stretch legs out. Food and drinks again of decent quality. Would recommend this airline, my only issue being the seats which are a bit on the hard side.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Rosin    (South Africa)

Johannesburg to Ho Chi Minh City return via Hong Kong. 3/7/2014 - 19/7/2014. Flight was delayed and caused missing connecting flight. Delayed me by over 24 hours. Ground staff were rude and unhelpful. Customer service that I contacted when I eventually got home were not much better. Will never fly Cathy Pacific again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by A D Storey    (USA)

LAX-HKG-BOM in Premium Economy. Seats are very comfortable. Food and drinks were good quality and sufficient. Crew were really good and responded quickly to requests. Definitely good value for money.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by M Reno    (USA)

Business Class, ORD-HKG-ORD, Seats 19A, 19K. Could not get online boarding pass, so had to go to the counter in Chicago. Unfortunately, they only open a few hours before the flight leaves. So about 50 of us had to wait in line for over an hour before they open the counter. No choice, can't even go to the bar to wait because you can't get into the terminal without a boarding pass. Poor selection of wine (hard to believe that the most popular wine in America - Chardonnay is not on flights to/from USA). Poorly stocked beverages, every CPX flight I've been on has run out of various beers and soft drinks. Meal marginal. Overcooked beef. The service is bizarre. They are incredibly friendly, and seem to be sincerely sorry as they apologize over and over throughout the flight for the various shortcomings. But having said that, they are frustrating because they hide in the galley for most of the flight. Never come through the cabin. Seating on the plane is comfortable. Check-in at HKG is awful. They assume you are familiar with the process, lounges, etc. They offer no explanation or guidance. I fly the airline because the seats are comfortable and they have reasonable award levels for flights with Asia Miles/Marco Polo.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Lau Ni    (Macau)

Took CX919 and CX912, HKG-MNL-HKG on 11/15 August 2014 for business trip. Both flights were delayed and on the return leg I almost missed a ferry connection to Macau due to this. CX only offers light snack (a roll/puff/wrap) on flight, with only water, juice, coffee or tea options. Considering it was less than two hours, it is still acceptable, though I have been on similar-length flights that served full meals (Air Macau MFM-TPE). Seats were unbelievably hard - I had aches upon arrival for both flights. Given the limited options between HKG and MNL, guess this is already the best option.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

London to HKG business. Upgraded from PE class so good start. Lounge nice, quiet. Boarding chaotic due to families with teenagers choosing the ' small child board early ' call. Lovely onboard, crew responsive and friendly. Food great, TV excellent, slept a lot. Delayed after landing but captain updated us regularly and as usual good effort to transfer connecting pax efficiently. Worlds most efficient airline.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Kevin Forge    (Australia)

AMS to HKG, Aug 3 and then HKG to SYD, Aug 6. 6 ft passenger and 5 ft 6" passenger, Seats 32E,G and then 31D, E. On both flights the seats were superb - I can't sleep on flights but I felt very comfortable the whole time. Hindu Vegetarian food was excellent. On the 1st flight on the A340, there was only 1 toilet in Premium Economy and on the 2nd flight on the A330 there were no toilets - very annoying and not what you would expect when paying double or triple the economy price. Both flights were very late departing.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.