China Southern Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read China Southern Airlines Passenger Reviews and China Southern Airlines customer trip Reports

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Q Chen (UK)

Recent trip to Guangzhou from London Heathrow, travelled with my 10 month old daughter. Outbound flight was on 4/5/14 and due to take off at 22.35hrs. A plane fault delayed departure until midday the next day. Despite this problem I found the crew to be very friendly and they did their best to help me and my daughter. During the flight the crew made the journey a pleasant experience. I would have liked to have been made aware that there is no baby suitable food on board China Southern planes, especially as the delay had caused me to use up some food that I had prepared for the journey. My return flight was on 28/5/14, CZ303. This journey was without issue and again I found the crew to be especially friendly and helpful. Overall I was very happy with the service China Southern provided and will definitely by flying with them again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by William Davidson (Australia)

My wife and I have just returned from six weeks in the UK flying China Southern from Sydney via Guangzhou London. The flight from Sydney to Guangzhou was perfect in economy flying an A330. Great seats, good food, AVOD fantastic and a wonderful crew. A flight in the brand new Boeing 787, what a let down, I found the plane noisy cramped and the seating was shocking. They were hard, small and only fit for small people. Get rid of those seats they are no good for a twelve hr flight. All was forgiven on our return flight from Guangzhou to Sydney in our beloved A330.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Whitfield William (New Zealand)

Recently I flew from Auckland to Guangzhou via one of their Boeing 787 aircraft. No problems with the seat booking arrangements, and I paid a little extra ($25) to obtain an aisle seat on the sector. However it was the economy seat comfort or rather the lack of it, which really down graded the service. 6000 miles on a hard seat is sort of bizarre torture by an airline, there simply is not enough padding in the seat bottom to make the coach class travel seating bearable. Having said that, the fare was reasonably priced, and the staff service was good to a point. They ran out of meal options on the service. The final issue I experienced was trying to register for travel points before I left and after many attempts I just gave up.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Alex Guo (China)

Flown SZX-PEK (Shenzhen-Beijing) on an A380, business class on upper-deck last week (they call this first class in domestic and biz class on international flights). Check-in and security was fast. A long walk to the lounge and the gate at the new Shenzhen Airport. Lounge was mediocre. Priority boarding good. Now about the flight itself. Good things: seats very good, comfortable and lie-flat, a light quilt and soft pillows placed at every seat. IFE was very nice with headphones and lots of movies and other videos to watch, but the ads are a bit annoying but can be fast-forward. Now the bad part. Staff didn't smile much, makes you feel you're not welcomed. The A380 seemed under-staffed and I had to wait 10 minutes for a drink refill. Food seemed a little unfresh, a mysterious sauce and meat? In general China Southern has 5-star hardware and 3-star staff and service in my opinion. I had used my FFP miles for this flight, but if I had actually paid I might not be happy with the service quality.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Wang Alex (USA)

CZ3116 from Beijing to GuangzhouonMarch 18th. As I travel to China frequently, I've flown with China Southern several times. In general, the service is above average. Most flight attendants are young girls in their 20s. They look professional and respect customers. They were very polite to me, though they barely understand English. Overall, I am satisfied with the service.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Ron Fisher (Australia)

My wife and I recently flew Melbourne to Shanghai via Guangzhou and our return flight was Beijing to Melbourne via Guangzhou. We could not fault the crew's attitude and service or the aircraft's facilities. It was a perfect way to start and end an amazing China holiday.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by John Hampson (Australia)

PER-CAN-PEK return in May 2014. I booked a business class seat from Perth to Beijing return and my son in law flew premium economy. We booked because of the attractive prices. We flew two international sectors and two domestic. The aircraft are modern, pilots are safety conscious. The staff on all sectors were polite and gracious. English was okay but a bit of a struggle, if you are polite and patient you will be ok. Food is mostly Chinese but very good, not the fried stuff but more cantonese style. Alcohol is available but not regularly offered except in business class. Seats in business class are similar to many airlines and premium economy extra legroom was very comfortable.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Shiva Raman (Australia)

Sydney to Dublin (via Guanzghou and Heathrow). Check in at Sydney quick and efficient. They managed to sort out the luggage so it went directly to Dublin, but this also meant that at no point was my luggage subject to Customers Inspection. Sydney Qantas lounge is below disappointing. Speedy priority boarding, jackets collected and slippers provided. Boarding drinks offered. Food was good and there was loads of it. In Guangzhou escorted to the bus and through immigration quickly. The lounge in Guangzhou is very comfortable and good choices of food and drink. To London on the B787, same process once again. The cabin was split in two business class sections. The first one (which I was in) was for all passengers that stopped over in Guangzhou. Upon take off food was quickly served and our lights dimmed however the second cabin didn't have their lights dimmed. Questioned why this was the case and was advised how the cabin was split up and to ensure those traveling long haul were better rested. China Southern was fantastic. I was apprehensive at first but after my first experience, I'm looking forward to the flight home. We paid $4900 return and well worth the money. If you're looking to be indulged and waited on the whole time then this airline probably isn't for you!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Gwen Oldman (Australia)

Travelled from Beijing to Melbourne with a stopover in Guangzhou 25th May, 2014. New planes, very comfortable. Good service on the plane, well looked after. In flight entertainment excellent. Could not fault flights and would definitely fly with them again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2014 by A Guo (China)

DLC-PEK in domestic first class, 1 hour short trip. Check-in and security was fast. I enjoyed the lounge, it was quiet and clean, and had some Chinese stir-fries for dinner. Boarded on time. Seat was typical recliner on a narrow-body jet, but comfortable enough for the flight. Drinks and some snacks (a plate of fruit which isn't fresh and some cookies) offered. Entertainment drop down TV but no headphones. Plane didn't park at the terminal but a minibus was waiting for first-class passengers. Crew friendly.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Mark von Boehm (Australia)

Guangzhou to Melbourne CZ321 on May 17. What a wonderful airline, with genuine, good honest service. A few of the Australian airlines could take a leaf out of their book for sure. All the staff were most friendly.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Rob Chapman (Australia)

SYD to LHR. Two flights, one on A330, and the other on B787. Extremely caring and courteous cabin crew, although their English was hard to understand. Everything on time, scrupulously clean toilets, comfortable seats turning into flat beds 6 feet long. Aircraft in excellent condition. A330 SYD to CAN: Screens on the bulkheads are smaller than those on the seats, and I found them hard to view. Availability of alcohol was minimal, with no champagne, 2 reds, and 1 white only. The white was a Penfolds Koonunga Hill which I can buy at my supermarket for $7. I feel business class deserves better. I found the main meal of beef unappetizing, with thick congealed gravy. Finally my sleep was curtailed as the FA's chatted happily in the galley just in front of my seat. The lounge at CAN was beautiful, and transfer very easy. There were comfortable seats overlooking the airport, and tasty food on the ground floor. Transfer to Boeing 787 by small VIP coach into excellent aircraft. Very impressed, this was my first flight on a 787. Seat No 14, and this time Champagne offered before take off. Delicious, but on asking for a refill, it had run out! Later the Scotch had run dry, as had the Heineken beer! And when it came to ordering the meal, all the beef had run out, too! However all food was good on this leg. Food service was a little erratic and my wife was a full course ahead of me. I would travel again with China Southern Airlines, but would hope for better, plentiful alcohol choice, and a greater choice of movies and Western music.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Steven Mccarthy Whitbread (Australia)

23/4/14, CZ302. 24/4/14, CZ303. 7/5/14, CZ348. 8/5/14, CZ301. The airline offers excellent value for money, although the planes I flew on were a little old and tired looking and the electrics in the seats and headsets were faulty. The quality of the staff were outstanding (business class) and very well groomed. Seats were lay flat beds and very comfortable although a little extra leg room for those over 6' would be a bonus. Flights were on time and ground staff were friendly and helpful. The entertainment system was OK, but a very annoying feature was the car ads which play at the beginning of every show, and even if you change your mind and don't wish to watch a show that you have started watching, you have to watch the ads again for a new selection. If I had one negative it would be the food, which could only be rated 2 star and needs improving. Perhaps have a look at Cathy Pacific.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Jack Whiteley (UK)

CZ304, 2 Nov, Heathrow to Guangzhou. CZ303, 9 Nov, Guangzhou to Heathrow. Don't waste your time collecting SkyTeam points with this airline. It is impossible to redeem them on their website. Even when you ring China their points cannot be used on other Skyteam airlines so why Skyteam allow them as members is beyond me. Their new Dreamliner is very good in business class. I travel regularly and it is the only airline direct from Heathrow to Guangzhou. Seats are comfortable, food is only just ok, service can be fantastic and terrible depending on the crew. I only chose this airline due to the direct flight.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Guisheng Gao (China)

Travelled in Business Class, Guangzhou to LA on Apr 29, CZ327, the seats were comfortable, good range of movies to select, food and drinks were very good and staff were very friendly.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Janina Rewaj (UK)

CZ 7968, CZ 308, CZ 343, CZ 344, CZ 307, CZ 7875. I travelled from Manchester to Melbourne via Amsterdam and Guangzhou China, I must say I found the whole experience brilliant especially for the price I paid. The staff, aircraft, food, inflight entertainment and help at the airports when changing flights were all great! I would definitely fly with China Southern Airlines again and I have already recommended the service to my friends and family.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Kenneth Bunt (Australia)

We flew to Guangzhou from Sydney on 11/4/2014 on flight 302 in Economy and were very disappointed-no individual TV screens hence very poor inflight entertainment. Food and beverages very basic. However on our return to Sydney from Guangzhou, we were booked into Premium Economy. Our flight from Siem Reap to Guangzhou was delayed for at least 6-8 hours hence the overnight accommodation we had booked in Guangzhou was minimised to 2 hours - time for a 1 hour sleep and a shower-quite disappointing. We then boarded our final flight to Sydney in premium Economy flight 301 and the flight was fantastic. We had inflight entertainment and food service was really good. Beverage service was quite basic as the 1 bottle of red wine was empty hence we could only have 1 glass of wine. Leg room was great in both Economy and Premium Economy. China Southern needs to improve the quality of the flights to remain in a competitive market.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by D Bowman (New Zealand)

Flew AKL-CAN-LHR-CAN-AKL in April. Incredible low price for very comfortable journey. Small difference in service standards AKL/CAN/AKL v CAN/LHR/CAN in that the LON flights seemed to have better trained staff with better English. Charming service on 787 Dreamliner all sectors. Nice wine food average. 8 hour transit in CAN on the way back is a killer, next time better to overnight.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by G Lowry (Australia)

Business Class, Melbourne to Guangzhou - 3 May. Took off on time, landed on time. Great business class seat going completely flat providing opportunity to get some good sleep. Connecting to international flights at Guangzhou could be improved with "through check-in" capability with other airlines.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax