Air Canada rouge Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Air Canada rouge
1.0 Star Rating: Very poor

1 2 3

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 June 2014 by S Dancausse    (Canada)

Higher priced than competition such as Air Transat, Sunwing or Westjet, but not much comfort, you pay for everything, even for blankets. Audio or video is not for anyone anymore. You need an ipad and you receive multimedia via wifi streaming. For half of passengers, it does not work because prior to boarding you had to download an app to watch movies, and for the other half, a good proportion did not use headphones and had their ipads at full volume. People hang their ipads on the seat in front of them and it falls during turbulence, not very safe. For legs it is not comfortable. If the passenger in front of you reclines and there is an emergency, you're stuck, impossible to get out of your seat except if you're a contortionist. Tables are not adapted for North American market, if you have a belly, something you see more and more in Canada, the table rests on your belly and can't be flat. But there are some good points, flight attendants are smiling and courteous, and the flight went well in general, on time. But mainly because the lack of comfort during the whole flight, my girlfriend and I will avoid Air Canada knowing that at any moment we can be "Rouged". It sounds like someone found a good way to sabotage Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 June 2014 by G Headrick    (USA)

AC 1908, Toronto to Dublin, 5/28/14 and AC 1909, Dublin to Toronto, 6/6/14. Worst International flight I've ever had and, having lived out of the country for 10 years, I been on innumerable flights. Seats feel like they were reclaimed off of a discarded school bus. Thinnest I've seen. No leg room and sardines would feel relieved. I'm surprised they didn't charge to turn on the air as they charge for everything else and the chicken didn't even taste like chicken. We were so tired on landing that it ruined the first day in Dublin so no value. I use to live in Canada and thought AC was pretty decent but they really screwed up with this.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 June 2014 by L Nat    (Canada)

I have tried Rouge twice. They first time was awful, but as always I give everything a second chance. The second time was even worse. There is no leg room at all, none. I am 6 foot tall 205 lbs, which is average, and my knees were almost in my chest. Shame on you Air Canada for doing this. Its impossible for a guy like me to sit in those seats. No entertainment so I stared at the back of my seat for 3 hours. The second time I bought my Ipad and they entertainment was way outdated. Come on air Canada really? I do like the new outfits and younger more pleasant attendants. But, my personal experiences are not good. Will avoid them at all costs, even if I have to use 2 planes.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 June 2014 by John Schuit    (Canada)

In the middle of a 3-week stay in Barbados. Dread the thought of the trip home. AC Rouge was startlingly inadequate. The tray would not come down when the seat was tilted back. Very cramped. Insult to injury, the attendants and the pilot said numerous times, "sit back and enjoy the flight." Really! Last time for the Peoples' Airline for me if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Marco Gilbert    (Canada)

Flight 1914 on May 22 from Toronto to Barcelona / Flight 1915 on June 4 from Barcelona to Toronto. Onboard I began to look for the headphone plug and I was shocked to find out that there is no entertainment system available.…No TV, movies or music for a flight that is over 8 hours long. Only option was to rent an iPad and connect to the plane's WiFi but what do you do when you travel with all your family? You rent many iPads? Moreover, what happens when your battery is empty, again you are left with nothing to do but sit in the uncomfortable limited space that you have. Other bad points for Rouge, on the flight back the overhead light was not working so we could not even read a book. Rouge does not offer individual climate control so if you are too hot there is nothing you can do to get a little more air. The crew wasn't so good, they seem very disorganized and service was bad. When the meal service got to us we had no choice. We got our beverage long after the meal, and again they ran out of a lot of selections. I would accept a lot of those inconveniences for a short/medium length flight, but I cannot accept such conditions for long flights. Our experience with Air Canada Rouge was a disaster and I would never recommend Air Canada Rouge to anyone. And I will do all I can to avoid it in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 June 2014 by A Cowan    (Canada)

We flew Air Canada 2 weeks ago (not Rouge) Toronto - Munich on an outbound leg to Athens. While boarding the craft in Toronto was a little disorganized, the flight and service was great and the flight would have rated full stars across the board. Our return flight was AC 1901 Athens-Toronto, only gets 3 stars for satisfaction as we did arrive safely and on time. That is really the only good thing to be said for it. This was an 11 hour flight through 7 times zones. The flight was half full so staff were not overworked. Unless you pushed the call attendant light, they were only in evidence when the very poor meals were delivered (not served). No choice available, limited beverage service followed 15 minutes later. One mid-flight trip down the aisle to slide some pretzels and 4 ounces of pop or juice onto your tray, and two silent passes of an attendant with a bottle of water, and the staff disappeared, at least in our cabin. No entertainment available at the seat unless you were willing to pull out a credit card again to rent the airline tablet. The worst of it all was the total lack of comfort provided by the seat. We do not like having the seats in front of us recline so that is not really a problem, however the seat design offers no support in the lower back and has restricted both aisle and window passengers from stretching their legs. The arm rest design means that you can inadvertently call the attendant or turn your light on or off. Others have commented on the lack of personal ventilation at the seat so I won't. A mixed blessing was having blankets and pillows provided prior to take-off. At 1pm this seemed a little like telling someone that they are being "put down for a nap". If you don't want them you must give up your limited space to store the items in the event that might want them. On the plus side, overhead baggage storage was adequate (however this was not a full flight and might be a problem if fully loaded). Washrooms were adequate but masking tape holding dispensers and bins closed does not inspire confidence. As has become the norm, the audio system was poor - either the airline staff need a lesson in microphone use and diction, or the system needs an overhaul as most announcements were so "mushy" as to be indecipherable. Finally, while we recognize that the airport is responsible at this point, the baggage pick-up was a bit of a problem as the overhead monitors specified one carousel but the baggage actually arrived on a different one.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Wiesner    (Canada)

May 30, I left Las Vegas on AC 1854, taking the overnight flight to Toronto. Check in at McCarran was disorganized. Not an auspicious start to my journey. As for the Air Canada Rouge flight, I will rate the following aspects as poor: 1) Professionalism: Upon boarding the aircraft, I was greeted by the flight attendants with a rather chummy, “Hi guys! How was Vegas?”2) Comfort: The seats are now very close together, with little or no leg room. 3) In-flight entertainment: Non-existent. I realize that I could have rented an iPad for $10, but why would I want to use something that has been handled by other travellers? This can't be sanitary. 4) Passenger information: The interior cabin lights remained on for the entire flight. I did finally find out why, but at the outset, no announcement was made by the in-flight crew to explain the situation. This left a lot of passengers both wondering what was going on and feeling very inconvenienced. This was an overnight flight. To leave the lights on (since the reading lights were apparently not operational) in order to allow a few passengers to read, is unacceptable. I am looking forward to a return visit to Las Vegas in October. This time I will be taking our two daughters with me. I would not want to subject them to the unacceptable in-flight experience that I experienced with Air Canada Rouge. We will be flying with West Jet. In the future, I will never fly Air Canada Rouge again. Lowering service standards is not the way to keep customers. You have lost this one.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 June 2014 by B Fisher    (Canada)

I flew Air Canada Rouge round trip to Dublin in their so called Premium/Business class. While we had executive class check-in, the quality that I have come to know in AC Business class stopped there. No access to the lounge or a priority check-in line. The seats were very uncomfortable with very little decline-trying to get some sleep on the over night to Dublin was almost impossible due to the dis-comfort. Breakfast prior to arriving in Dublin was almost non-existent-very poor. On the return flight to Toronto, no Cdn newspaper, wine served in plastic class, did not have the choice of meal I wanted. At least our luggage was first out. I also try to fly AC but in the case of Rouge, I will try to avoid it if I have other options available to me.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 June 2014 by A McLeod    (Canada)

Flew on Rouge from Toronto to Montego Bay and back. Great flight attendants and staff. I am a 6ft average male and the seats are slightly more cramped than I'm used to on Air Canada but on my last vacation on Westjets and previously Sunwing are no better or seats were about the same. Flight was on time both ways and I enjoyed the wifi streaming of movies and music on my iPad. Food for sale on board was fresh and lots of choice. Overall I felt very safe and that's the most important thing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S Liscano    (Canada)

On May 8, 2014, my husband and I boarded AC1894 to Tampa. It turned out to be one of the worst Air Canada flights we have endured. The seats were very uncomfortable, and extremely tight. The leg space was so tight in fact, that I was not able to open up the in-flight magazine and read it properly. In addition, the flight attendants were very young, and inexperienced, which gave us cause for concern. The French announcements were made by an attendant who was clearly not bilingual, as she struggled. The other issue we encountered was the in-accessibility to an entertainment system. The only option is an ITunes system available only to users who operate Apple products. The in-cabin hospitality was terribly slow, mostly due to the inexperience of the staff. There was little co-ordination between the food cart staff, and the drink cart staff. Consequently we had to wait more than 20 minutes for the drinks to catch up to our meals. To further add to our dissatisfaction, the hotel arranged and paid for by Air Canada, for the inconvenience of the overnight stay in Toronto, was not of a very high standard. The hotel was clearly old and smelled of smoke. The room was very small, and the climate control equipment extremely noisy and had to be shut off in order to get any sleep. The main reason for our dissatisfaction is that, we had booked Air Canada flights, and expected to receive the Air Canada service we were accustomed to and had paid for. We did not select Rouge. Rouge was forced upon us. We were not offered any suitable replacement flights, and did not receive any compensation for the loss of services and amenities. In future, we will be very strongly considering other airline companies and other options when we fly. Air Canada Rouge will not be an option or a preference again. It is our belief that Air Canada will be losing a lot of customers due to this change.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 June 2014 by M Cooley    (USA)

Flight 1901 on June 3rd and I was very disappointed. 1) There was no free entertainment, if a passenger did not have their own device for accessing the internet using the plane's WiFi. We were charged $10 CAN to rent an ipad. 2) The overhead reading light did not work for my seat. 3) There was no individual climate control (overhead cool air blower) available in economy class. Therefore I found the cabin temperature quite warm and uncomfortable during my 11 hour flight. 4) The emergency exit lights on the floor which the cabin crew referred to prior to take-off were not apparent. This was cause for concern about our safety in the event of an emergency evacuation. 5) The movie/music selection on the rental iPad was limited and unsatisfactory. 6) No magazines or newspapers were offered to passengers prior to take-off. This was disappointing in view of the long 11 hour flight. 7) The cabin crew were polite but rather unprepared, inefficient, and immature. They ran out of orange juice while serving beverages and I had to wait until the next beverage run hours later in order to get my beverage of choice. 8) There was no video flight map available on the airplane and the captain failed to provide periodic verbal communication to the passengers regarding our whereabouts. 9) No fresh towelettes were offered to us prior to meals. Thus I was obliged to get up and go to the washroom to wash my hands prior to my meals. This was not ideal given that the cabin crew was in the isles serving passengers. My overall experience was extremely poor and I shall never fly Air Canada Rouge ever again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Dan O'Neill    (Ireland)

Premium Rouge

I took AC Rouge for the first time yesterday from Dublin to Toronto with my wife and two children. Having read all of the negative comments on this and other sites I was prepared for the worst. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. First class it is not, but neither are the fares. Inflight staff were great, service was outstanding, food was so-so but certainly edible. I have certainly had many better flights, but I have had many worse flights as well. They are good value for money and I will fly them again. As for the in flight entertainment, we are pretty tech savvy, and I like old and obscure films, so it was great, but it may not suit everyone.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 June 2014 by B Mutton    (Canada)

I travelled to Florida in March and was quite surprised at the services offered by Rouge. I was shocked to think that we had a 3 hour flight with no inflight TV screen to be able to watch movies etc. I detest the assumption that everyone has a device to be able to watch a movie etc. and always considered it part of the entertainment provided on my flight. I had my 90 year old mother with me and she was very frustrated at not being able to watch anything while travelling. If the flights were dramatically cheaper I could understand not having all of the conveniences but we definitely did not pay a cheaper flight. We are giving Air Canada another chance in flying to Las Vegas in July but if we do not have a better experience will reconsider future flying with Air Canada. Based on the reviews that I see here Air Canada better rethink it's Rouge airline set up before it loses all of its customers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Selva Wahan    (Canada)

Travelled to Las Vegas from Toronto on May 30 2014. Flight seats were tight and very old. No more Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 June 2014 by N Williams    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS return on as part of an AC Vacations package. I'd read the negative reviews online but thought I could suffer the inconvenience for the 4-5 hour flight. Got onboard and was greeted by smiling, cheery FA's dressed like they were going to a high school prom as opposed to being professionals, but as has been said they were friendly. I managed to squeeze into my seat (15C-aisle) which was not much fun and the plane hadn't even moved yet. I'm 6'3" and even with legs crossed one knee was in the aisle and the other was encroaching into the space of the middle seat. There is no inflight entertainment (IFE) which is fine as I always bring my iPad anyway but to see the FA's trying to flog rental iPads for $10 was in my opinion a bit tacky, especially considering the limited numbers. The FA's appeared very young and generally inexperienced. The dreaded return flight home was equally as bad and I was even looking for alternative routings which would allow me to avoid suffering another 4 hours of discomfort and general amateur performance. Unfortunately I was not so fortunate and flew back to YYZ on the 'red eye' departing LAS at 2330Hrs due to delays (flight was due to depart shortly past 2300 hrs). Again, the inexperience and amateur behaviour of supposedly trained FA's was on display with one looking as though he'd just spent all night in a casino as he wandered up and down the aisle with a dishevelled uniform, tie loosely done and top button open. Once the initial drink service was completed I expected the main cabin lights to be dimmed so people could sleep, but no the lights remained ON during the entirety of the overnight flight which I couldn't understand but of course given the rest of the performance it wouldn't have surprised me if the FA's didn't know how to turn down the lights! Overall, Rouge is a discount product being offered as a full fare, premium product which is wrong on so many levels. I've flown many low cost carriers in various parts of the world and they all share the same features (or lack thereof) as Rouge yet they're openly advertised and priced as 'low cost' and 'no frills' which is something Air Canada is not doing with Rouge. Never again will I fly this pitiful excuse for an airline, lack of legroom not withstanding and if Air Canada does not smarten up and listen to its customer base I will be moving all of my business elsewhere.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 June 2014 by D Maxwell    (Canada)

Calgary to Las Vegas direct, flight AC1896. Rouge is a clear statement of Air Canada's utter disdain for its 'leisure' traveller. God forbid there is an emergency I fear what might happen due to hampered ability to get in and out of seats with the reduced space - hard to articulate how tight it is but many men had their knees pressed into the seat in front of them and no room to bend over to put their things under front seat. Air Canada charges full AC fares - provides no fare discount to fly Rouge but the experience in every way is to fly a discount airline - but at full AC fare, which will ultimately negatively impact their bottom line - despite timing and routing options. The fact that AC flights can be bumped to Rouge makes me hesitant to book AC again - if I pay for a transatlantic business class - a pod - I don't want to be crammed in a small seat -3 per section! Never again will I fly Rouge! One upside - the FAs are, in a word, sweet.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 June 2014 by L Garrett    (USA)

I booked my daughter and her friend from Toronto to Athens. They were in row 27 Emergency Exit seats. My daughter said it was horrific and never to be repeated. Freezing in the cabin, to the degree shivering so hard she couldn't sleep. Served drinks once when took off and once 1 hour prior to landing. No service and she couldn't imagine how much worse it would have been in non-emergency row seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Donna Baruch    (USA)

AC1914, May 17 2014. Flew from Toronto to Barcelona. A little over 8 hours. The seats were cramped with no legroom. I am 5' 3", 118 lbs and could barelyfit. No entertainment unless you had an IPAD. Then you could use their system, or rent one for 10 bucks! Asked for a blanket. Another 10 bucks for purchase only. Asked for a glass ofwine. Another $6.50! The one meal that we received was horrible. The "snack" was a dry piece of cake.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 June 2014 by S Lau    (Canada)

Took the inaugural flight from Montreal to Athens on a Rouge 767. I was expecting the worst given the extremely bad reviews given here, but surprisingly it turned out to be a rather pleasant flight that was pretty much on par with any of the many long-haul AC flights I have taken in the past. Seating and legroom were equivalent to regular AC flights (I am 5 '11"), and the food was even a bit better quality (although portions were slightly smaller). Wifi-based entertainment system seems to be Apple-centric and did not work properly with my Android tablet, although movies were shown on the overhead screens. Departed from the domestic terminal in YUL, which was a bit odd. Based on the other reviews I see, I would guess that the experience on the transatlantic flights on the 767 is markedly better than NA flights on the A319.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Jim Noon    (Canada)

Rouged in March for a May YVR-LAX flight. Too late to change to anyone else. So annoyed I did an interview on CBC which went National. Crew was pleasant, seats were extremely uncomfortable being 6"2". Never ever again. It's all about the money.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by A Pedersen    (Canada)

Booked a trip to Vegas and thought we were flying with Air Canada until we got our itinerary that said Air Rouge. The airplane itself was run down and dirty. The seats were uncomfortable, but thankfully we paid for the exit rows so we had more leg room. The overhead bins are small and you likely won't get 2 roller cases in the bins. We sat in Row 27 A and C on flight 1851 to Vegas and my boyfriend froze the left side of his body on the flight down. The crew seem very disorganized and no one seems to really know what is going on. There would be an announcement in French only and as an Anglophone I have no idea what they were saying so here's hoping it wasn't overly important. During the flight we had some turbulence and the seat belt sign was on but people continued to use the washrooms and the crew allowed them to do so. Don't think they actually have inflight entertainment as this isn't the case. We downloaded the app onto our Ipad and truthfully it was a waste of time. Their idea of inflight entertainment is to allow you to watch 10 mins of a show and then it crashes, forcing you to have to log back on and try and find where you were in the show. This happened to us several times and finally we gave up because a 44 min show would have taken us well over an hour to watch and it was frustrating to have to keep logging back in. One gentleman on our flight even returned his $10 Ipad he borrowed as it's a waste of money when the entertainment doesn't work. We have decided that if we can't fly with Air Canada not Rouge then we will book with another airline regardless of price because this was horrible.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by W Nadeau    (Canada)

As a long time customer of Air Canada I will now be looking at other airlines for my frequent trips from Vancouver to California. Rouge represents a major drop in quality from Air Canada. There is no entertainment centre and the leg room is the same that I experienced on an Air Transat charter flight when we were packed in like sardines - my knees were touching the seat in front of me. Anyone over 5' 11' is simply not going to fit in the tiny seats. From my perspective this has severely damaged the Air Canada brand and presents a big opportunity for its competitors.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Tom McIntosh    (USA)

We flew Rouge from Venice to Toronto on May 25th. The flight had mechanical problems, which certainly can't be forecast. Hence, we were about 5.5 hours late. The crew was delightful, they did what they're supposed to do about the delay. The praise stops there. The seats were unbearably uncomfortable, and we were in the Economy Plus section. Our leg room was fine, it was the seat itself that was the problem. The poor folks behind us were packed in like sardines. This is the first 767-300 I've ever seen with 53 rows of seats. My wife and I both got swollen legs, even though we got up and walked frequently. I don't think we'll choose Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by J Wilcox    (Canada)

Flew from Montreal to Nice and then Rome to Montreal. Didn't realize when I booked that Rouge was AC's new discount holiday carrier. My fault. But really shocked at the age of the planes with the old drop down ceiling screens. I knew they had the new inflight streaming entertainment, Westjet is going this way too, but I didn't realize it was because the planes were so old! Don't think they have been cleaned since they were new either, the floors, crevices, bathrooms, walls of both planes were filthy. My seat from Rome was broken and slanted towards the centre. The flight attendants were very sweet, all of them barely out of high school. They giggled when they mispronounced words or messed up the announcement. Very cute but wondered who would ever lead whom should an emergency arise. I didn't like my odds. Would not fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by J Martin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Booked a trip to Cancun from Toronto and was surprised to arrive on board and see the business class cabin had been replaced by some awful seats. You no longer get the business class you paid for, just a regular economy seat with nobody in the middle. Food and beverages were the same but completely lacking in seat comfort, complete bait and switch by Air Canada on this one, should have received a refund. Only good thing was I had two tray tables to play with. No IFE either and the streaming they offered, the newest movie I could find was Cliffhanger! Truly pathetic.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by L Johnson    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I was switched to Rouge after booking a business class ticket on a regular Air Canada flight to Phoenix. The Rouge version of business class is shocking. It is the same small uncomfortable seats in economy but they do not book the middle seat. There is little to no overhead storage and people in business class ended up having their bags stored in economy, which made disembarking a delayed and frustrating experience. This month, Air Canada "rouged" me again by switching a business class flight I had booked to Hawaii. We demanded - and received - a full refund. I will never, ever fly Rouge again and I will make every effort to avoid Air Canada in general.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Bob Cook    (Canada)

NAS-YYZ, 06/03/14. Worst flight taken. Legroom was non existent. I cannot agree more with comments from previous reviews. $10 dollars to rent an ipad! On the positive side the flight was on time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 June 2014 by J Kornder    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Took 2 trips on Premium rouge (out of necessity, not by choice). One was paid as exec ticket YVR to MCO but YYZ to MCO was rouge without notice. Horrid seats. No space. Now they are expanding, wish they had kept at least one flight a day on mainline AC on these routes. I am a million Mile member, and not very happy with AC Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 June 2014 by J Lawrence    (Ireland)

Recently flew DUB-YYZ return with Rouge. Absolutely awful flight, the seats were absolutely tiny, the food was intolerable. I wouldn't regard myself as claustrophobic but I definitely felt a little panicky because I couldn't move my legs properly, and the seat in front was uncomfortably close to my face. I'd fly with Aer Lingus if I went again, or go out of my way to find a connection from another European airport because I definitely couldn't withstand the torture of this trip again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 June 2014 by R Brown    (Canada)

Dangerous lack of legroom. Knees touched back of seat and I am only 5' 8". Could not get my carry-on under the seat because the seats were too close. No wonder they ask people to check their carry-ons. Changed my return flight to another airline. Catering only to Apple products is unfair. Bring back in-flight entertainment centers, free movies. Not worth any supposed savings. Will never fly this airline again and I am long time Aeroplan member and always fly Air Canada. Revamp this airline now.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 June 2014 by D Schwartz    (USA)

We flew from Toronto to Barcelona (Flt 1914) on 5/29. It was the worst (non-weather related) air travel we've ever had. We spent $180 for extra legroom and the seats turned out to be in a bulkhead, something we never choose even when free because it's actually less room if you need to stretch your legs. (The bulkhead location had not been shown online during the purchase.) The plane was so cold we used blankets over our overcoats. Somehow the "ice" water and juice we requested were warmer than the plane. We couldn't get comfortable in the seats and couldn't get the air to work. The dinner was barely edible, and when breakfast came, we did not even open the saran wrapped bagels that felt more like dog biscuits. The flight attendants did not seem to understand they had a responsibility to attend. Beverages were not offered nearly often enough. We had trash on our trays for hours at a time. Bathrooms were littered and had no toilet paper nor tissues. We'll avoid Air Canada Rouge in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 June 2014 by G Cardinal    (Canada)

Booked on Air Canada only to find out our flight from Toronto to San Diego was switched to Rouge. Too late to change or do anything about it. The seats are awful, sitting in the middle seat is torture if you are a bit claustrophobic. Being short I could not even see the flight attendant doing the safety demonstration and of course no entertainment. I don't know if it is another "benefit" of Rouge but you never hear the pilot and you have no idea where your flight is at (no map, no screen, no communication). When I asked the flight attendant how long until we get to destination it was "like about 2 or 3 hours but I will check". Never heard back from her (it was an hour). I don't know how the AC spokesperson can keep a straight face when she says passengers are happy with Rouge. I guess if they keep saying it they will eventually believe it. I will never fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  30 May 2014 by M Giancola    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Phoenix to Toronto, business class, May 30th, 2014. An absolute insult to people like us who paid for business class. How Air Canada is getting away with this boggles the mind. We have already looked into traveling WestJet for our next trip to PHX. AC will be a last choice from now on - enough is enough. The seats are identical to those in cabin area. Only difference is there are two pillows stacked on the centre seat which makes it unusable. Armrests do not lift either. Tight and very uncomfortable seats. Tray could barely support the weight of my Macbook laptop. These are old planes that are retrofitted. Very young crew did not inspire confidence. Tried telling me my seat # was B25 - I explained that was the Gate #. No beverage cart service. No snacks.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Richard Paul    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

This was my second flight on Air Canada Rouge. Paid J fare for Las Vegas to Toronto in May. Leg room tight, no closet for jackets, no newspapers, meal service all over the map, ran out of wine and most disappointing once again the crew was poorly trained although pleasant. The only positive - it was a non stop flight. Will avoid Rouge whenever possible making my overseas loyalty to AC mainline more tenuous.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Maryn Anderson    (Canada)

I recently travelled from Toronto to Athens Greece on Air Canada rouge - it was a most unpleasant experience. I would never do it again if I can avoid it! No leg room - could not cross legs. No entertainment features. Bathrooms very dirty after 10 hours.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Eve Stevens    (Canada)

Booked our trip from the Bahamas to Canada on May 15th from Air Canada. After hearing about Rouge I wondered and checked the reservation. It was Air Canada Rouge, where the seats have been taken out, replaced with cheaper, shorter seats with no inflight entertainment or even a plug and they have added 2 rows. Not wanting to endure that flight with nothing to do I loaded the laptop with stuff to watch. We boarded and found out the man in the window seat had taken my aisle seat. After we fixed that, I found out why. He said he had been flying Air Canada for 22 years and had never had that little leg room. After we were in the air, I pulled out the laptop case from under my feet and found out I did not have enough room to open it. I slid it into the aisle to open, was told not to do that, but got the laptop out. I pulled out my tray, put the laptop on it, opened the laptop, to find out there wasn't enough room to open the screen high enough to view it. I am a thin woman so I pulled the tray into my chest and the laptop closer too. That worked and I watched a movie the whole flight. Every time somebody went down the aisle they hit my seat which jabbed the laptop into my chest a bit more. I can no longer fly the real Air Canada to the Bahamas, WestJet flies there too and they have normal legroom and inflight entertainment.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 May 2014 by James McLean    (Canada)

Have been a long time supporter of AC but after this first experience flying Rouge I will avoid it at all cost, unfortunately still have my return ticket. I always appreciated that even in normal economy AC provided reasonable room in seating - today my knees were pressed against seat in front of me, and then the person in front of me reclined their seat to allow me to get to know my tray table on a very intimate basis. Lack of services in flight just gave everything a very cheap feeling - except when I looked at the fare I paid I realized not all was "cheap". Time to stop worrying about accumulating points and start looking for a better airline choice. Found it interesting that they switched me from regular AC to Rouge on my Toronto-Phoenix flight the sent email saying we understand people are unhappy and if you contact us you can get your money back in full - no questions! Makes me think I am not the only one and even AC knows deep down they haven't got it right.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Karen Hersey    (Canada)

I needed to fly to Orlando for a conference May 16 2014 and booked on Air Canada Rouge because it was the only option on the day/time I needed to fly. I was not aware that Rouge was the new "vacation line", the term the flight crew used when I expressed astonishment at the lack of personal entertainment systems. As a business traveler, I expect better options and was unhappy with the (lack of) comfort in the cramped seats, the lack of power at the seats, the slow food/beverage service due to the first 70 minutes of service dedicated to renting the i-Pads for movie/Wi-Fi. The crew were very attention and pleasant, which was a nice surprise from the usual variable AC crew. Regretfully, crew alone will not get me back on a Rouge flight unless there are absolutely no other options.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 May 2014 by S Rom    (Canada)

LAS-YYZ: tight seats, had an aisle seat and had to keep my legs in the aisle as there was no space in my seat (for a 6 foot guy). I don't know how long Air Canada will be able to get away with this, but I will do everything in my power to avoid Rouge. Overpriced, cramped and minimal value for money.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 May 2014 by B Melvin    (Canada)

We were jammed in like cattle on flights from Montreal to Orlando return on Air Canada Rouge. Legroom was substandard. You pay substantially less to fly on Sunwing and Ryanair for this type of service so why is Air Canada allowed to sell regular priced tickets for Sunwing and Ryanair type service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Gerry Mulgrew    (Ireland)

Decided to visit Toronto and Vancouver for a month. Wanted to miss London so agent found us a direct flight from Dublin to Toronto as leg one of the trip. Got tickets. Later that day the flight was cancelled. A week later flight re-instated. Two days before leaving flight time delayed two hours. On arrival at airport flight again delayed 1.5 hours. Lots of jollity, singing, dancing and dignitaries to launch this 'NEW ROUGE' enterprise. We the passengers not involved, totally ignored if the truth be known, after 'another' hour the flight finally takes off - 4 hours and 20 minutes after the time we booked. As so many others have said the crew were officious and diffident, the food was worse than poor, no entertainment even though we had bought an 'Android' tablet for the trip, so we had 7 hours and 20 minutes of utter boredom. Couldn't read either, none of my armrest lights worked.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 May 2014 by R Schellenberg    (Canada)

AC booked ticket got changed to Rouge with loss of seat selection. Seats were very small and uncomfortable. Staff on the flight down did manage to serve the entire cabin but did not offer iPads for rent to anyone in economy. On the return flight there was no food stocked. Staff appear to be uncoordinated amongst themselves to get the service completed or attend to passengers needs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Domier    (Canada)

Calgary to LAX: 45 min delayed departure due to some issue with a seat belt, poor flight attendant service (last 10 rows did not appear to get served beverages due to poor coordination between attendants), little leg room. To top it all off, this flight was originally booked with Air Canada (with advance seat selection included). Our flights were switched by AC to Rouge, and they would not honour our original seat reservations. As we were traveling with a disabled adult and wanted to sit together, we had to pay AC another $208 (4 seats - 2 flights) to get confirmed seats. On the return flight (LAX to Calgary), our Rouge flight (along with another Rouge flight) was cancelled due to "engine problems". Imagine that, two flights within hours of each other, both with engine problems! AC did give us breakfast vouchers, but also promised lunch vouchers once we were through security. Unfortunately, after that point, no body at AC knew anything about lunch vouchers. The only good thing about this whole sorry episode was the replacement plane was not a "Rouge" plane. It had decent leg room and in flight entertainment. AC also mysteriously, credited back $104 to my mastercard. Could it be they felt guilty about charging me for seat selection on the return flight (seats that I had when I originally booked this trip)?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Gilles Lapointe    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I booked 2 tickets from Montreal to Las Vegas in business class and paid more than $ 5,000. I was seated in the first row and have never had so little leg room in any airline ,including economy class. I moved to a back seat during the flight and I had more room than where I was seated. No place to put my jacket, no place to .ut my carry on, as first four bins were full with Air Canada equipment. No entertainment screen. They give you an Ipad so you can watch 15 year old movies. No place under my seat to store my computer. The flght attendant took it away during takeoff and landing and I had to ask to get it back after take off. The tray in the first row is very small and no place to put a glass. A passenger to my right spilled his coffee twice. Very inexperienced staff. She spilled water on me and no excuses. He would serve men before women. My travelling companion received a wet towel but not me or at least 5 other travelers in business class. The toilets at the front were available to everyone on the plane. I asked to hang my jacket and they told me that they do not have any room and to put in on the middle seat. When you book a seat in business class, you expect quality and comfort. The way I see it, I ended up paying $ 3,000 for our two meals.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 May 2014 by C Gottfried    (Canada)

For a transatlantic flight, it was not up to par. Many have complained about the seats. That isn't my biggest complaint. It is the overhead compartments - they are undersized. You cannot fit 2 standard carry-on sized bags inside them. I had to place mine about 8 rows back. The lack of decent entertainment/info system is wanting. Unless you have a mobile device and previously uploaded the player app, you will need to rent an ipad. I was pleasantly surprised that despite the notice saying that there is no power supply for devices, I did find there was one. The notice recommended having your ipad/mobile fully charged prior to boarding, but even so, I don't know of any device that can last 6+ hours. I know Air Canada is often criticized for poor service, and Rouge is not helping their reputation.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Linda Egan    (Canada)

Montreal to Las Vegas. Many passengers I saw had tags on bags showing they were Elite status or higher. This was my first experience with Rouge, and I will do everything I can to make sure it's my last. The comments noted by so many; cramped seating, non existent inflight entertainment, etc, don't need to be repeated again. The level of frustration shown by most passengers who flew on Rouge shows such a blatant disregard for passenger comfort that it makes one ashamed to call this our Legacy airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 May 2014 by A Simmons    (Canada)

Montreal to Athens and returned Athens to Toronto. The airfare was the same as my Air Canada flight to Athens the year previous, so there was definitely no savings. Instead, for the same price I was herded into a Boeing 767 that should have retired from service 10 years ago. Dingy is all I have to say. I am horrified that Air Canada is now replacing all of its mainline flights between Vancouver and Los Angeles with Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Laura Squires    (Canada)

I got switched to Rouge on a Barbados to Toronto 6 hour flight without warning. The lack of entertainment was not an issue for me as I prefer to read but the seat size (I am quite small) is not acceptable for a long flight. My other complaint is that the Caribbean is not considered International and therefore meals are not served!! Purchased meals are unpalatable! I am a senior who has travelled Air Canada (and TCA before) all her life, but will definitely be looking for alternatives.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 May 2014 by Jennifer Hooper    (Canada)

When people book Air Canada flights and pay full price, they should be told that they will be flying Rouge so that they have the choice to decline. The seats were very uncomfortable, there was no TV and the plane really looked decrepid. The flight attendants seemed to just be an extension of the the whole sad situation. I have flown Air Canada since the 50's and was always proud of our Canadian airline. I find it a shame that we do no longer compete with other fine airlines of the world. From now on, unless it is an extreme emergency, I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 May 2014 by B Parrish    (Canada)

I was on an Air Canada Rouge flight from Venice to Toronto May 2014. The plane had no TV's and customers are expected to download an air Canada app in advance to their own smart phones, i pads etc. They rent ipads for those without their own. The stewardess spent much of of the trip trying to trouble shoot problems with access to the system. Most people gave up and spent 10 hours with nothing to watch. That makes for a very long flight and makes the assumption that everyone is travelling with such a mobile device and wants to watch tv on their phone screen. This is not good customer service for such long flights. Also unless you had accessed the app before your flight, it would not run movies or TV shows. Despite over an hour delay taking off in Venice to Toronto no Air Canada rep bother to advise travellers to download it in advance from the Venice airport internet service. Also there are no "new releases" in the movie options. The movies are "classics" and as old as the ruins in Rome. The flight was late back into Toronto and we were given incorrect info from the crew as to the gate for our flight connection in Toronto and we had to complete our journey standby.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 May 2014 by H Millar    (Canada)

I paid for an Air Canada fare from Halifax to Barbados. Toronto-Barbados portion was on Rouge. What a horribly plane. Luckily, even with our flight almost full, there was no one in the center seat. I am 6ft 1in, I had to have my left leg over in the middle seat and my right leg into the aisle to get any measure of comfort and needless to say that was uncomfortable for 5hrs 45 mins. It actually made more sense for me to stand up during the flight. And the lack of individual monitors? Renting iPAds to watch movies? That's a curse in itself. The staff tried to be very helpful, but how can they help you get more room when there is none.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 May 2014 by T Fields    (Canada)

Premium rouge

I am only 5'8" and my knees touched the seat in front. Anyone 5'10" or over will not be able to fit in these seats without angling their legs. Staff young and friendly but inexperienced, and their cavalier attitudes did not sit well after being cramped for a few hours. I purchased AC flights but was "Rouged" with no compensation. Air Canada was really improving the last few years and has taken a huge turn for the worse.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 May 2014 by F Reddick    (Canada)

Premium rouge

I booked a ticket from Calgary to Anchorage with a stopover in Vancouver and like many other commentators on here, got my flight switched from Air Canada to Rouge to Anchorage (YVR-ANC). Fortunately I was sitting in the "bulkhead row" of economy, otherwise my knees would have been going into the seat in front me. On both the flight there and back (3 hours), the flight attendants came through once to serve drinks and offer food. I found their cheery attitude even more annoying given that the service they gave was subpar. When I checked in they had an offer to "upgrade" to premium rouge on this flight for $300 (which I did not opt to do). You get more leg room and 2 free checked bags, but that's about it since the seats are as narrow as economy. Getting free cheap booze and an okay meal is not worth that kind of money.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 May 2014 by Tim Leech    (Canada)

Premium rouge

As someone who is over 6 feet and 220 pounds the only word I can use to describe Air Canada Rouge seating is inhumane. I can live with wireless movies, no meals, and pay for baggage but I do need a seat I can sit in without skinning my knees. I can honestly say Rouge seating is the worst I have had to endure.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 May 2014 by T Brydon    (Canada)

Premium rouge

Great vacation except we were put on Air Canada Rouge flights by Air Canada (Toronto-cancun and back)- even though our original booking was on Air Canada. We were not given a choice or told of the change or what the change would mean (and it did not equate to any kind of discount). I have never been so cramped on a plane - I'm only 5'5" and my knees touched the back of the next chair when it was reclined - I couldn't lift my purse from under the seat in front (and bags bigger then a purse will not fit under the seat). My husband is 5'10 and couldn't fit his legs in front of him so had to encroach on my space. The person to my left was over 6' and also encroached on my space - claustrophobic. The first thing the flight attendant said to me as I reached my seat was "do you like the legroom" and laughed. One of the bathrooms was out of order for the flight. There are no movies unless you purchase a tablet for $10. We didn't try any of the purchased food so can't comment about it. Added to all this - originally we booked a 2 hour layover back from Mexico in Toronto to have time make it through customs and having to go through security again before connecting flights (sadly happens at TO airport)- our "itinerary" change to a rouge flight lowered this to not much more than an hour. Flight crew very friendly and young and inexperienced. This has put a very bad taste in our mouth re: Air Canada who we have flown dozens of times with in the past. We mentioned it on our air Canada trip home and it seems that others feel the same.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 May 2014 by K Herman    (Canada)

Premium rouge

I've been Rouged! Low cost, really? I paid for an AC flight and got Rouged. I didn't receive any refund as it was the the same price as an AC flight. Business class is a joke. Don't waste your money as the only difference is you get 2 checked bags and a meal. Seats are 3x3 with no one in the middle. Why put the 3rd seat in? Entertainment is worse than before. I have 2 more flights that have been Rouged and then never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 May 2014 by T Feltham    (Canada)

I just flew Rouge for the first and likely the last time YUL- CAN. The first thing you notice are the seats. I am 6'0" tall and found the seats to be very cramped, uncomfortable and claustrophobic. If the person in front of you chooses to recline, your eye-to-seatback distance becomes very small. This situation may be barely tolerable for flights under 2 hrs but for the 4.5 hrs to CAN, it was tantamount to cruel and unusual punishment. The next thing you notice is that there is no traditional entertainment system. It is WiFi only and currently appears limited to iPad and some Windows devices. I have an Android tablet and therefore was not able to access their movie selection. What is surprising here is that an entertainment system that is designed around a bring-your-own-device concept provides no AC or USB access to power/charge your device. You also notice the "fun" attitude of the crew seems forced and disingenuous.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 May 2014 by P Shroff    (Canada)

Premium rouge

I travelled on AC/Rouge inaugural flight 02 May Dublin/Toronto in economy class. Much to my surprise this was on a new B767 My first class seat got transferred to Air Canada Rouge version of first class from Los Angeles to Vancouver, BC, which is a joke. This was done without my permission and without refunding any difference. They have 3 economy seats in the first class cabin on either side of the aisle and just do not sell the middle seat. The seats are narrow and uncomfortable. I feel like they are cheating first class passengers by selling economy seats in "first class". They provided a meal but that hardly covers the $500 plus cost difference from an economy seat.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by W Cooke    (UK)

I travelled on AC/Rouge inaugural flight 02 May Dublin/Toronto in economy class. Much to my surprise this was on a new B767 with wingtips and a good crew and the food was good too, except for those awful wraps on the second meal service. Seating was normal and didn't feel cramped. The crew were fun and always around to help. The problems with Rouge seems to be on the A319 domestic/transborder flights as I have nothing to complain about on the B767 International flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by Girard Benoit    (Canada)

These seem to be very old aircraft, repainted though, refurbished with the slim line seats which are perfect for slim line passengers - which I am not, even though only 5'3", my knees are touching the seat in front. In the washrooms, the doors still had an old metal ashtray. Crew is apparently paid to smile and be friendly. But after a half hour sitting on the runway, they disappear, and reappear when it's time to sell the $10 chicken wraps. I don t mind getting a low-cost carrier, but if I don't get the low cost, what is the use?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by M Benninger    (Canada)

My wife got Rouged today, paid for an AC seat, got moved to Rouge without permission or compensation, old planes, poor leg room, no power, no food she can eat, no options. She has to fly it to get home, then we're WestJet and Delta out of Buffalo from now on. I'll be getting Rouged on Monday when I join her in Vegas, WestJet from now on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by Kate Wilson    (Canada)

My husband and I planned a nice trip to Cuba with Air Canada Vacations - Toronto to Varadero and back, in March. Everything was great - except for the flights on AC Rouge. We are both tall, and were hideously cramped in the tiny Rouge seats. The food was expensive and terrible, if I'd known how bad it was I would have taken my own. Both flights were crammed, and on the way back we were not seated together, and were seated in the middle of a huge group of high-school students. Fortunately the kids were pretty well-behaved. I am now going to Las Vegas, and my flights have been Rouged even though we thought we were going with the real Air Canada. I am a frequent flyer, and will stick with AC because I like the lounge and use the points - but they are going to hear from me about Rouge. As others have said, it's a bait-and-switch. The late NationAir was better than Rouge - and they were awful!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by S Alleyne    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to Barbados on May 12th. The worst flight of my life! I am only 5'2" and I have to say it was tight for me. The seats recline about 4 inches in total. When the person in front of my seat reclined the back of the seat was in my face! I felt sorry for the fellow in the window seat who was over 6' tall. I really don't know how he managed for the 5hr plus flight. His legs were stretched out the entire time so that he could fit into the seat. 2 guys behind me were hacking and coughing for the entire flight (not the fault of Rouge - but they should have worn masks or not be allowed on the plane). The staff was great and were cheerful throughout the entire flight. The overhead luggage bins are smaller than those on other planes. Then I discovered one of the reasons the bin space was further limited was that the crew had at least 3 of their bags in the bins so the paying customers had even less space for their items. I hope that reviews like this will be taken into consideration and that Rouge is not used on flights to Barbados. Also, the seats were hard and uncomfortable. For 2 days since the flight my back and neck have been in a terrible state. I will not fly Air Canada again between Barbados and Toronto until more comfortable planes are in use.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by M Dumestre    (Canada)

They are now the only AC option from Calgary to Vegas, which I fly 6 to 8 times a year. Awful experience with Rouge on my last, and hopefully only flight with them (Westjet here I come). I am only 5' 7" and my knees were just about touching the back of the seat in front of me. I did bring my fully charged ipad to view the entertainment. Unlike regular AC flight which offer the latest movies, the selection consisted of old movies, most of which I had already seen. The image was often grainy, reflecting the poor streaming quality of the WIFI. Staff extremely young and inexperienced, and no, i do not need their false cheeriness!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by Ray Mowling    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My wife and I were on AC 590 from Phoenix to Toronto May 5 when we were told at check in that there were aircraft problems. Much later it came out that the plane was inoperable but instead of another AC plane they had to find a Rouge plane-which they did in San Diego so it went to Toronto then Phoenix so a 10 hour delay for us. The ground crew said they have fielded nothing but complaints since Rouge started. This was just the latest. I am a million mile for life AC client and my wife is super elite for the last 3 years. The Rouge experience is bad - no leg room, limited overhead baggage room (more people, same space), no entertainment system and every flight we have been on leaves late. It is the overhead baggage that creates the problems. At one point Rouge did not allow the same aeroplan point saving until clients complained and it was changed. Whoever came up with this concept did not consider their current clients. The price of tickets is the same and now Westjet will fly from Toronto to Phoenix beginning in the fall and they will take AC customers for sure. Rouge started with the short hauls and leg room can be tolerated for 2 hours but now they are on long hauls. Dressing the crew in designer clothing will not overcome these issues and in fact this situation is not fare to these staff and ground personal that are handling these complaints.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by J Casey    (Canada)

Last week I flew Air Canada Rouge for the first time, not realizing the difference from Air Canada when I made the booking. The leg room is absolutely ridiculous. I took a picture while seated. My hand reached from my seat to the one in front of me, and I don't have big hands. Service was lackadaisical. I asked for coffee, but was told it couldn't be served as the seat belt sign was on, which is understandable. On "real" Air Canada flights this has happened to me and the flight attendant has brought coffee once the light goes off, but not on Rouge. Rouge is not recommended unless the price is really great.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by Kari Alguire    (Canada)

LAS-YYC. I never brought my iPad and it would not have mattered due to the fact that the system didn't function. I was travelling on my own on this trip but had I had my children it would have been even worse. We travel quite frequently but only have 1 iPad so I guess we will have to rent them now for the rest of the family. I also see we can't use them for the first 20 mins or the last 20 mins either. Why bother to watch a movie on a 2-3 hr flight as you would never get to see it all. No more place to charge devices either. Air Canada had a pretty good thing going and now it has taken a turn for the worse again. Whom ever thought up Rouge was obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. These types of major changes should have been piloted properly and reviews taken seriously. Very disappointed!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 May 2014 by J Csrroll    (Canada)

Awful customer service. The flight attendants care more about talking to each other than taking care of customers. Don't expect much water service -- expect to be dehydrated. There is a war at the gate over luggage due to the cramped seating - expect a lot of airline staff to be yelling at you. Seating is cramped, awful, uncomfortable. Avoid this airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 May 2014 by U Chatterton-Gilboe    (Canada)

Reserved and paid for regular Air Canada round trip Toronto to Puerto Vallarta last year for travel this April. Wound up on Rouge with a person with a dog in a carrier under the seat next to me. This left no space for the passenger's legs so he took part of my space which was tight enough already. When I politely asked for another seat I was told there were none. I walked the length of the plane and there were seats at the back. No entertainment, tablets for $10 that did not work, mushy sandwich, and knees in my back. Thanks, but no thanks - no more Air Canada for me. Rouge me once, but not twice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 May 2014 by A Adamson    (Canada)

My flight was changed to Rouge. I didn't have enough leg room, seats were horrible and when I put my tray down it was so tight it touched my stomach. I have been a supporter of Air Canada but I have had enough. Flying another airline now. Will never touch an air Canada flight again. If you want to feel what a sardine feels like in a can, fly Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 May 2014 by L Kolody    (Canada)

Rouge is a great disappointment. Air Canada has labelled it as a "leisure" airline, which is code for poor service, cramped seating space and price gouging. The number of "Air Canada" flight routes are rapidly dwindling with the carrier moving routes to Rouge service. Last week, I flew Toronto return to Tampa. The seating pitch is cramped. The passenger next to me continually had their head in my lap while trying to access their under seat storage. When the passenger in front fully reclined their seat, I briefly thought about offering them money to return their seat back so that I could have a few more inches of space. The entertainment system is not well thought out. Passengers on both my flights were not using headphones to watch their devices. Volume levels were on high to compete with the jet noise and their hearing aids. With the in-flight entertainment system, headphones are required to access the entertainment sound. None of the flight attendants addressed the lack of headphone use issue, but instead preferred to ignore it. The entertainment selection on the Rouge app is not appealing. Very sad is that the cost to fly Rouge in May was more than 40% higher than to fly Air Canada less than a year ago with the same advance booking time. I will not fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 May 2014 by A Jordon    (Canada)

I recently used the last 2 credits of my Air Canada Sunpass (YUL-LAS), that I purchased in August 2013, fully Decided to take Air Canada Rouge to Orlando from Winnipeg. The only problem we needed to get to Toronto. No big deal since Air Canada flies out of that city. Well, a typical Air Canada flight was then met with a fresh and fun flight on Rouge to Orlando. Inflight entertainment was easy to use and reliable. Young, hardworking staff. Both pilots stood at the front and said goodbye to passengers, something you don't always see. Was it cramped - not really as I'm 6'1 and was able to stretch my legs beneath the seat.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 May 2014 by J Raza    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I recently used the last 2 credits of my Air Canada Sunpass (YUL-LAS), that I purchased in August 2013, fully expecting the full J experience I had paid for. Took the first return flight in September, and it was the mainline, perfect. Then my route got Rouged. Had 4 credits left, and I got to be the guinea pig on one of the very first Rouge flights to LAS. Late, broken plane. Inexperienced crew. IPADs didn't work. Then they did. Saw the selection, and was wishing it didn't work again. Service was poor to passable, seats were broken. Lumpy metal boxes blocking the under seat space for feet or bags. I just used my final 2 credits a few days ago and expected some kinks to be worked out, nope, same crummy IFE.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Peter Adermann    (Germany)

Worst flying experience in a very long time. Flew AC Rouge back from Vegas to Calgary. First irritant was paying Worst flying experience I have had. Las Vegas-Toronto. Unfriendly and no service, nothing to eat, no entertainment. Very hot on the plane.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 May 2014 by A Feather    (Canada)

Flew Toronto to Las Vegas with Air Canada Rouge. Didn't realize when booking that this was the new discount airline. Had to pay $25 each, each way to check a bag. When we got to the airport, flight was delayed by an hour due to issues with the plane. Kept announcing more and more delays. Flight crew showed up, then left. When our plane was finally ready to go, no one could get a hold of the crew, had to wait another 10 minutes for them to show up. Carry-on compartments were small, attendants spent forever trying to rearrange them to fit everyone's bags. Maybe if checked bags were free, people wouldn't be trying to cram so much into their carry-ons? Seats were cramped, no TV screens at all. You can download an app for your iPad to watch movies, which they tell you about on the plane (app has to be downloaded before boarding). Or you can rent one of Air Canada's iPads for $10. Food was awful, not worth the $30 it cost. Usually like Air Canada, but will never fly with Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 May 2014 by S Eder    (Canada)

Worst flying experience in a very long time. Flew AC Rouge back from Vegas to Calgary. First irritant was paying to have my bag checked. Apparently because I was flying on airmiles, I couldn't check in online. Got to the check in area at airport and the desk clerks were insistent I use self check in, which didn't work properly for us, so eventually they let me (and my party of 5) check in at the counter. If I wanted to change seats, they were going to charge me $25 per seat (by the way, these are all things that another airline provides free of charge). No entertainment system other than their "rent an ipad" system, I tried to connect my tablet as they indicated with free wi-fi, but because I had not pre loaded some app it did not work. Glad I did not rent an iPad for $10, because they only passed them out nearly an hour into the flight, and collected them an hour prior to landing (which left less than an hour for viewing). Leg room is a bit of a joke, and the speaker system above my head nearly blew my eardrums out, which was more than just a small irritant. Oh yes, nearly forgot to mention that for no explained reason, they changed the time of my flight to more than one hour earlier. I will do everything in my power to avoid flying this airline in the future. I think it might be time to trade in my Aeroplan miles for some other rewards.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 May 2014 by J Taylor    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Earlier this year I bought a flight pass (an 8 flt SunPass to be used from YYC-LAS) all the flight were AC. My first return booking with my flight pass, my trip there is AC with all the regular amenities - and leg room. My trip back however was on Rouge and all further flights on the pass look to be Rouge as well. I am tall, 6'2" and I actually "upgraded" to Rouge Premier which is their version of Business Class. My knees still touched the seat in front of me and the seats were no wider. Still 3x3 in "Business Class" upfront so if you pay for an upgrade (I used points), be very careful as you can still get a middle seat. Still the same as the back, no power, no entertainment. but they do offer an iPad with the App pre-loaded, which still makes me shake my head. No real place to put it with the exception that it came with a cover and you could sort of hang it from the seat back in front of you where in other airlines, the entertainment was supposed to go. Two problems with this. 1) the earphone cable has to stretch over the tray and if you're using that for a drink or food the risk of knocking something off of that with the earphone cable rises sharply, and of more concern 2), if the plane hits some unexpected turbulence, all of a sudden you've got iPads flying everywhere - at least far more than you would on an AC flt. All this aside, I still felt like I've paid for an 8 pass with an AC and got a 'bait and switch' to Rouge with no options. Some of us have to travel (it's not for vacation) and when we do and have paid for and expected a certain level of service (which I felt was fair and competitive with AC) and suddenly you are still paying the same price but the level of service, comfort, and even safety, has dropped dramatically, I can't feel but that I got bait and switched.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Stephen Greenberg    (Canada)

Purchased Business Class, Toronto to Las Vegas, horrible surprise. Very uncomfortable. We had to hold iPads to watch the entertainment. Staff advised to hang on headrest in front of us. iPad fell and spilled drinks several times. Paid for business class for extra comfort, very surprised of smaller seat than usual Air Canada business class.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Ken Gracey    (Canada)

Flew from Jamaica on a Boeing 767, good headroom, pleasant crew, but horrible placing of the 'press for service button' on the armrest, meant constant and irritable sounds of sometimes very loud multiple alarms going off. Even the crew were upset and they had to put up with it going and coming! If you can, fly a different airplane, I will definitely avoid the 767s.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Alyssa Taylor    (Canada)

After booking my flight to Disneyland in August 2013, we had a fabulous vacation. Tired and hungry we (the group of 9 of us) boarded our flight in LA to Vancouver, with a dead cell phone, fully anticipating being able to charge it on the plane. To my surprise, the flight had no way of charging my phone, nor did we have video to occupy our 3 hour long flight with our knees in the back of the seats of other unlucky passengers in front of us. My 9 year old son also had his knees touching the seat in front of him and a seat in the face as the other uncomfortable passenger tilted their seat back in hopes of finding some extra space. The flight crew were insistent on asking us how we were enjoying the flight, numerous times. It got annoying. Fortunately, we had bought snacks to prepare us for the dinner we would miss during the flight, and thankful we did because we weren't even offered so much as a bag of peanuts. As we were flying internationally, we needed to fill out declaration cards. Someone didn't stock them on the flight, so we had to fight our way through the small table outside of customs to fill out our declaration cards. This could have occupied some of the boring time we spent on the flight looking at the obvious hole in the seats where the video consoles had been removed. The good news was it gave us a great place to put our hands on so we could attempt to nap on our forearms. Oh and to hold onto when we landed. Fortunately we had wifi for our ipad! This was a saving grace - we tried to connect, no luck. This was when they came over the system to proudly tell us we could use the wifi for free and hopefully we had previously downloaded their app to view inflight movies. Much to our surprise, the wifi would only work within their app. But no worries, we could pay 10.00 to use a complimentary ipad that had said downloaded app on it. I had never heard of Rouge before, but I do now. I suggest you do not fly them. If I wanted to fly in a cattle car, I would have booked through a cheaper carrier. Shame on you Air Canada! Shame on you!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 May 2014 by M Bratt    (Canada)

April 24, AC 7971. It is hard to imagine what management thinks about when they make decisions totally focused on the bottom line rather than customer service. So with service now inferior, flight comfort at an all time low then why use AC? I was loyal but no longer. After a series of awful trips, horrible service and basically no compensation, then I will now be an airline shopper. I get they want to make money and I support that but Service and Comfort are what count. Rouge is just awful, it is like a charter flight with higher prices. Plus with no entertainment unless you have an Apple device, they don't tell you that so I wasted a few hours trying to download their entertainment onto my PC laptop. Worked out better as I spent the time reading. They launch this ridiculously confusing distinction program which I still have no idea what it is for! PS if you are going to Europe try Swiss or Lufthansa, both offer great service and comfort.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Stevens Eve    (Canada)

I have not boarded my Rouge flight yet, that will be this Thursday. I am not looking forward to it after reading the above comments. I looked at prices from the Bahamas to Toronto in March and wondered why after mid April, prices increased. I finally booked the flight I'm leaving on. I could have left April 17th for 240 Canadian but it was too cold in Ontario to go back. Now we are paying 271.05 each to return on a less than comfortable flight. I will see how it is but just losing the entertainment part is annoying. Does AC think we all have I-pads and i- phones? I will be flying Westjet from now on. Air Canada, not one dime of taxpayer money do you get for wrecking your own business.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by B Brandes    (Canada)

Air Canada 1873, April 22nd. Lousiest airline I have ever been on. Extremely small spaces between rows. Flight attendants cannot even speak French properly, they all seem like they just got out of high school, very non- professional staff. Will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by David Carter    (Canada)

Brand new "Rouge" - I am a frequent flyer with Air Canada but was "forced" onto their new "Rouge" service on a recent pleasure trip to Cuba. Flew "Rouge" Montreal-Holguin on May 1 return on May 8. Connected each way to YVR on regular AC. Massively unhappy with Rouge. Pretty new exterior paint, odd uniforms (what were you thinking?) but the bottom line is AC is forcing people to use Rouge and it is just a "bait and switch". Crew were pleasant and flights on time - but this trip was charter by another name! Seat pitch very poor, seats thin and anything happening in seat pocket behind ands up communicated to your lower back. The "entertainment" system (bring your own tablet or rent one for $10.00 from them. I had pre-loaded their required software and it worked perfectly on way down but on way back - failed and failed (same for man next to me). Crew suggested I needed newer software (hey it was new and worked 7 days previously). Next time if they force (and they do) Rouge on me - I am switching to a different charter airline (for that is what Rouge is - it is a bait and switch) for lower service levels - lack of comfort (oh and no business class cabin not even premium economy). I am retired and felt beat-up on this trip. Not happy. Better of with a "real charter" - next time I will avoid anything "Rouge".

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Sharon Carter    (Canada)

A new expression for airline travel! "We have been "rouged". My husband is a very frequent flyer (Elite status) and always tries to use Air Canada. We flew AC May 1, YVR-MON-Holguin (return on 8th). The Vancouver-MON were fine (usual economy with Air Canada). Rouge is horrible, Seats are jammed in like Sunwing or similar, seats too thin and you spent hours being nudged and bumped by any movement behind you, food not good (as usual), but worst is the "entertainment" system. You bring your own and we did - our iPad all pre-loaded as they asked, worked one way but not on return. Crew were polite but suggested our operating system needed updating (in a week). Never again. There is no price advantage, there was no premium economy, sets are very cheap and above all Air Canada is trapping it's loyal customers into this trick.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by R Cannon    (Canada)

Booked two economy tickets on Air Canada in April 2013 to fly to Grenada from YYZ and paid over $1000 per ticket for a flight in March 2014. Paid extra for bulkhead seats. Air Canada switched flights to Rouge without even notifying us and gave away the seat selection we had paid extra for. Not only that but they changed from flying on Saturdays to Mondays. The seat pitch on Rouge flights is 29". This is one of the lowest in the airline industry. To add insult to injury, they awarded us a fraction of the Aeroplan points because the flight was operated by Rouge and not Air Canada. Wish there was a star rating for 0.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by R Brothers    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Never again. After so many years of loyalty but now feel completely "rouged". There is no deal, there are no option on routes - its Rouge or nothing. Business class is a joke! 9 hours waiting for a plane to arrive because they could not substitute with regular AC fleet. So why not inconvenience passengers who paid the same price as AC fares and then refuse to post comments on their website. Goodbye Rouge, Hello Westjet!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Doug Edwards    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

What a ripoff! Had business class seats but ended up flying Rouge from Orlando to Toronto in their so-called "premium" seats. What a joke, not even close to business and only marginally better than the horror story that was economy class. Crowded, rushed, and rude attendants. I learned a lesson here - to stay away from Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Christina Mulcahy    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My sister and I decided to go to Barbados for Easter. Booked business class. We were very shocked when we got on the plane and saw what Rouge defines as business class. Paid the same price as a regular Air Canada business ticket but definitely did not feel that we were flying business. Staff were young and trying their best but could not pacify the unhappy passengers in "business class". I decided to make the best of it but its difficult to enjoy your flight when everyone around you is so angry. The iPad we were given was a joke! Movies were not even close to be current releases. Every time I paused the movie, I was forced back to the beginning. Very frustrating. I think the worst part was the passengers from economy coming up to "business class" to use the lavatory. I had an aisle seat with people from the back of the plane forming a line beside me. If I wanted people to hover around me, I would have booked economy. When I asked the attendant if they should be up here she said no but did nothing about it. The attendants had no control over the situation. We were in the last row of "business" on the way home and had the first row economy person constantly pushing on my seat. Again, this is something you expect in economy class. It was a long flight which I usually don't mind when I am sitting in business. But this is not business! I am very hesitant to book Air Canada ever again as I am afraid that it will be another Rouge flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by G Herrmann    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

May 5 return from Phoenix. What's the value proposition for the customer. I still can't get an answer. We just spent 10 hours in the Phoenix spirit because of a Rouge malfunction with the plane coming from Toronto. Because it's Rouge and not Air Canada they had to wait for a Rouge plane coming from San Diego. We got this great service. Poor legroom and no inflight entertainment and at the same normal Air Canada fare. I'm a long time super elite. Westjet will be flying Toronto - Phoenix. Why wouldn't I fly that way in the future. I am so, so disappointed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by R Macdonald    (Canada)

26 Aug, AC1924. 2 Sep, AC1925. Flew to Costa Rica, could not wait to get off that plane. Staff were too young, inexperienced and rude. Forget service, it was as if you were bothering them if you asked for anything. No in- flight entertainment unless you provided your own, unfortunately if your computer, iPad etc ran out of power there are no outlets for charging your equipment. Was planning a trip to Ireland with AC and once we found out it was with Rouge the 5 of us are now going to fly Westjet. On future trips will still fly AC but will not fly Rouge again nor will I book clients on Rouge flights. Sorry Rouge, gave you a fair shot and you failed so badly I can not give you another chance unless you drastically lower your prices to match what you offer.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by C Hopkinson    (Canada)

Flew from Phoenix to Toronto this week on Rouge. Boarding was delayed as the staff spent at least a half hour trying to get passengers to check their carry ons due to the fact that the Rouge planes have a much smaller overhead bin. That's not the only thing that is smaller and uncomfortable. The seats are tight, (this says a lot coming from someone who is 5' 3"), the entertainment choices are dated/if they work, staff are young and inexperienced, service was disorganized and slow. We will do anything we can not to take a Rouge flight ever again. I understand that they might want to offer a lower priced alternative to travellers, but there are no deals on their flights compared to their previous Air Canada flights. We're stuck with this as the only option until Westjet begins their service YYZ to PHX - with luck this fall. Can't imagine who thought this would be a good idea - whoever it was should be made to sit in a middle seat for a 5 hour flight and rethink all that Rouge has to offer.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Gunther Trageser    (Canada)

On May 1st my wife, son and I were on the inaugural Rouge flight from Toronto to Dublin with regular flights from Edmonton to Toronto. We booked last summer and knew the flight would be on Rouge and the price seemed to be OK. Interestingly our daughter and her boyfriend later booked on regular Air Canada through London and paid over $100 each less than us. There goes the low cost airline, unless low cost means low cost for the airline which translates into rip off for the customer. The plane we travelled on was a Boeing 767. The plane we originally boarded had a broken windshield wiper and therefore had to be abandoned in favor of a second plane. This delayed our departure by over two hours. We were seated in economy class. Looking at the six abreast "premium class" seats my wife and I were glad we hadn't paid for an upgrade. The economy class seats are very slim and rows are close together. This might be ok for short flights of up to three hours but nothing to look forward to for a transatlantic flight. Further the seats hardly recline at all. Lacking blankets and pillows, good luck for some sleep and welcome to aches and pains arriving in Dublin. Entertainment is via WiFi through iPads or lap top computers with flash player. No option for Android devices. Anyway, I could not get it to work on my computer. $5 saved. The cabin crew was young and inexperienced in silly uniforms. Food quality was airline minus minus. A free soft drink was provided but alcoholic beverages had to be paid for (free on my daughter's cheaper regular Air Canada flight). All together, Air Canada Rouge is a rip off approaching Ryan Air quality. At least Ryanair is open about its cattle truck approach. After having failed with two attempts at budget airlines, what is Air Canada thinking? I expect Rouge to die and unceremonious death - the sooner, the better.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by B Harper    (Canada)

AC1760, Toronto to Holguin, Cuba, March 16, 2014. Return flight AC1761, March 23. Booked an Air Canada Vacations package to Cuba. I would generally use ACV because service tended to be a bit better than other vacation companies.I guess those days are gone. The flight was terribly uncomfortable. Seat padding is thin, inadequate leg room (I'm 6'3"), no entertainment unless you own or rent an ipad, and all this for the price of a regular flight. I'll be looking for other options from now on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 May 2014 by S Ropes    (Canada)

Only problem I had with the plane was the seats. The entertainment was poor but it didn't bother me. Flight staff were good. I would pay more to fly on a non rouge flight but they don't offer any to Florida. For our next flight I have paid the extra $40 for premium seats, still in economy though so I hope the extra $ is worth it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by C Turner    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Round trip Toronto to San Jose, Costa Rica in Feb. 2014. We paid an additional, substantial fee for the upgrade, which provided slightly more leg room and the middle seat blocked off with pillows, providing more room to aisle and window seat passengers. Pillows! We sent Air Canada a complaint email regarding many problems we experienced in booking our tickets, finding out at the last minute that we were bumped down to economy, etc. and have not yet heard back from them. Next time we travel to Costa Rica, it's with WestJet.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by L Kolarik    (Canada)

I traveled AC Rouge on flight 1851, March 17 and returned on flight 1852, March 20. We found that we were on a newer version of the 767-300 with the wing tips turned up. The first class cabin had been reduced in size so that it was hard to get our carry on past the passengers already sitting without bumping them. When we got to our seats in a row near the back of the plane it was impossible to get our two regulation AC carry on bags in the same overhead. Seating was very cramped and my knees were tight against the seat in front of me. I had a window seat and it was very cold sitting there. My husband is 72 years old and has some circulation issues and could not move at all even though there was no baggage under the seat in front of him. We will not be able to travel AC Rouge anymore and will look for another carrier! We found the cabin crew was young and seemed stressed and not well trained. This gave me a very uneasy feeling if there happened to be an emergency.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by R Pierce    (Canada)

AC Rouge 1836, May 6 2014, Phoenix to Ottawa. This used to be an enjoyable flight until it was converted to Rouge. When we booked we did not know that this would be a Rouge flight for which we were charged for seat selection even though we selected within the 24 hour window of the flight. I am 6 feet and the seating/leg room was really cramped and not pleasant. Thankfully the person in front of me did not recline their seat. One of the washrooms was out of order which created long lines and difficult passage through the aisle and no doubt inconvenience and annoyance for those seated in last several rows. The crew made only one pass with the beverage cart. While I bring my own iPad for entertainment, others were left wondering where the inflight TVs went. The crew were very young-and likely inexperienced-their dress was unprofessional and I have doubts that they would have performed to the same level in an emergency as a more experienced crew. Good luck getting everyone out of the plane in an emergency, especially through the over the wing exits with less space to manoeuvre in. While we arrived safely, I am left wondering why Air Canada worked so hard to make air travel less enjoyable. I will not be flying Rouge again regardless of price. I will seek out alternatives even if it means driving to Syracuse to fly an American airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by S Robert    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I flew Rouge from Toronto to Tampa for the first time a couple of weeks ago and upgraded to business using my e- upgrade credits - what a joke! seats are crammed, no entertainment and staff are very new to the industry. As a super elite member with Air Canada, I was more than upset that I had used six e-upgrade credits for such a terrible "business class" - these planes are awful and its clear it's all about quantity and no regard for the comfort of the traveler.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by B Jon    (Canada)

Regularly commute between LA and YVR. Was shocked by the sudden change to Rouge - and that's the only AC option now. The tightest legroom of any plane I have been on - have to be under 5'5". All language is around "leisure" so it appears they have abandoned interest in serving the frequent or business traveler. Web site does not even have new routes on them. Premium service is a joke with economy seats that just leave the middle seat empty - but still charge you business class prices ($700+ one way). Paid the same price as I always have for less service and less room.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by E Rubin    (Canada)

Have flown Air Canada Rouge three times - once to Vegas, once to Cancun and once to Orlando. Both my Vegas and Cancun trips were booked on Air Canada and then moved to Rouge. In each case, the flights were equally as expensive as Air Canada has historically been on those routes (I travel a ton for both work and pleasure. These are things I watch all the time). But the aircraft is terrible, the lack of entertainment is a problem with kids (my little ones can't hold iPads on their laps!!), and the flight times were changed in the case of the Cancun flight from 10am to 6:30am. On one flight, I upgraded to business class using 10 upgrade credits, only to find that business class is the same seat as coach, without someone in the middle seat!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by L Rogers    (Canada)

Worst flight ever! Flew with 3 small children (2, 6 & 8). Horrible service. Non-existant entertainment (most of the movies were circa 1993 or older). Air Canada saw fit to rearrange our pre-paid assigned seats. None of us were sitting together. My 2 year old was supposed to sit alone 2 rows behind me. And our girls were also alone. Asked for help at 1800 # and checkin desk and was told there was nothing they could do. Same story at the gate and was told I would have to ask passengers for help. Added in a random stopover that wasn't on the original booking. Made us get off the plane on that stopover and get back on the same plane (& same crew) 20 min later in new seats that we once again had to rearrange! Seats are horrendously uncomfortable. What a total disaster. I have flown many times with my kids - never had a problem before. We only flew AC this time as we were able to book our tickets on points.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Robert Mclernon    (Canada)

Last January my wife and I had a flight to Cancun booked with Air Canada at least 6 months in advance. I contacted transportation in Mexico and was advised that the flight number that I had given them for pick up did not exist. I called Air Canada and after about 35 minutes my call was answered. I was just told that I had a new flight number ( no mention of change of services). You can imagine our surprise as we entered our seat and found out we were on a new product called rouge - it felt like we were on a real charter. After 3 hours in the air it was also obvious that this new product is a training center for new employees. We are now trying to book a flight to Cancun for next xmas and new year. Much to our surprise Rouge is our only option - the prices are substantially higher than all our years travelling to Cancun. Trying to get answers on anything such as schedule changes, sales or just about anything is next to impossible.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Russell Wintersgill    (Canada)

BGI-YYZ AC1831. I'd be ok if I was paying discount prices for what I got, but sadly Air Canada has found another way to take advantage of the lack of competition on these routes from Canada. As options are limited and BGI is home, I guess I'm stuck. I'm just waiting for them to find a way to only award half the Aeroplan miles.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by P Goulding    (Canada)

I have traveled six segments with AC this spring and been pushed into the Rouge. Each time it has been a disaster and the service has decreased each time. The crews are very young and seems there is not any leadership at all. The last flight I experienced the newer model 767-300 which is built different than the older 767-300 and the overhead storage will not accept two legal size carry on bags and this created extreme stress with passengers and crew! On one flight my wife asked for a glass of water to take medication and was told to wait until the refreshment cart came around which was 1/2 an hour later. Another flight I asked for two more beers when we were 1 hour out of Toronto and the young staff just laughed and never returned. I have flown AC since 1958 and watched them go into bankruptcy protection on several occasions and they are track for the next time. Once a company forgets who the customer is and who is paying for the service they are on their way down.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by S Ward    (Canada)

I booked an Air Canada seat to Los Angeles from Vancouver, and was switched to Rouge, without confirmation, and no reduction in price (which was more expensive than flying to Toronto). The seats are painfully cramped, and I only got a Diet Coke on descent as the crew was disorganized; there was no time to even pay for food because they didn't have time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by C Dixon    (Canada)

Was suppose to fly and paid for Business Class seat on Air Canada Toronto to Orlando in March. I fly Business Class to have a very large seat and a lot more leg room. It gives me a lot more room to work. This particular trip I flew AC using Aeroplan Airmiles. Get on the plane boarded to find out I am on an Air Canada Rouge Flight- in a class called Premium Class, same size seat as an Economy Class seat. They block the middle seat with pillows belted in. The flight attendant assured me that even though the seat was a normal size seat that their service would be the same as Business Class. When I returned to Toronto I posted on Air Canada Rouge's Face Book page my disappointment. The replies for AC Rouge FB staff made all kinds of excuses. The end result after 10 messages back and forth, they tell you send a letter to AC's Customer Relations. Customer after customer make the same negative comments. AC Rouge remove negative comment for the FB page and then block you from posting any more. Air Canada 'Rouge tells the customers to message Air Canada. Air Canada tell customers to contact Aeroplan. Aeroplan tells to it not their problem. Its on made vicious circle tying to get your problem solved. All I was asking for was the difference in Airmiles between AC Business Class Seat and a Regular Ecomony Class seat refunded to my Aeroplan Account.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by S Underhill    (Canada)

I understand the business model for Air Canada's decision to launch a "low cost" leisure (vacation) airline to popular vacation destinations in USA, South and Europe. Their 'regular' Air Canada flights are staffed by more experienced (and expensive) crews, with higher salaries and benefits such as employee pension plans, and expensive to operate and maintain in-flight entertainment systems. Air Canada was having trouble competing on many of these routes served by other vacation airlines such as Air Transat, Sun Wing and some charters. In my opinion, the airline had another reason - their fleet of Airbus A319 and Boeing 767 aircraft were growing old and tired and needed new duties while Air Canada began a program of planning for their eventual replacement at the main airline with the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner and other aircraft types. Hence, Rouge was born. I have been a loal Air Canada customer for over 30 years -- even travelled with them to Mexico, which was excellent - but this Rouge experiment leaves a bad taste in my mouth and aches in my legs and back. The refurbished Rouge cabins on these planes have more rows of seats which means less leg room. Cramped and uncomfortable on a long flight to your vacation is not my ideal way of arriving. While the flight crew at Rouge are very attentative and friendly, I feel pity for them that they have to deal with passenger complaints that are mostly no fault of their own. I recently flew Air Transat to Jamaica in a nice comfortable wide-body A330 with lots of leg room and a big seat-back free entertainment system, all with refurbished cabins with soothing colours and advanced lighting to limit effects of jet lag. Lots of overhead storage space too. Fourth time I flew with them and never been disappointed. Rouge needs to change soon or they will just go to the place in the sky where many other airlines have gone before them to die. Rouge was supposed to be a "new airline", according to Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by T Perry    (Canada)

Along with 14 other passengers (18 in total) we booked our trip and paid for a flight on Air Canada. We were subsequently switched without our knowledge, consent or a reduction in airfare in to the "Rouge" airline. We were "Rouged". Discount airline while paying regular price. Very deceitful. After learning of the switch I inquired to see if there would be any noticeable changes between the two carriers and was told "no, just the flight number and departure times". That was incorrect. Rouge has pathetic inflight entertainment that you pay for and the food is inadequate for a family travelling with young children. The one item that may appeal to children (pizza) was not available.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Dianne Wallis    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Booked return flight from Toronto to San Diego recently for a conference and was looking forward to comfortable business class seating. Their version of business class is that they only fill the aisle and window seats leaving the centre seat open - really? How does that make up for horrendously uncomfortable narrow seats and no legroom? Entertainment was a joke - movies on I-pads were very old (Gigi) and certainly not very thought provoking. I gave up and read for the duration of the trip. FA's uniforms are terrible. Come on Air Canada what are you trying to do here. The passenger beside me paid $2,600 for his flight from Montreal and this is considered low fare?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by K Ross    (Canada)

AC switched my flights Toronto-Tampa return to Rouge without disclosure. Cramped seats, no entertainment included. I will avoid Rouge whenever I can in future, worst I have flown in years.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Roger Carter    (Canada)

I recently flew from Tampa to Toronto on Rouge. I was booked and paid for a regular AC flight but was changed to Rouge without any notice. We were packed on the plane like sardines, no entertainment, poor service. Our friends were with us. He is quite tall and he had to spread his legs around the seat in front of him because there was no leg room. Add to this the fact you pay for seat selection, baggage, lousy food, cheap wine. And don't dear be one pound over your 50 pound limit per suitcase - or you will be on the floor at the counter area exposing your underwear to several others rearranding your baggage.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by A Pearson    (Canada)

It was not less expensive than regular Air Canada. We flew regular Air Canada Toronto to Palm Beach International and flew home from Orlando to Toronto on Rouge. The Rouge leg was more expensive but we had no choice to fly it as they only do Rouge to/from Orlando now it seems. Worst part, we brought Ipads for our children and ourselves but only 2/4 of us could log on to the in-flight "entertainment" because, we were told by flight attendant, there is a limit to how many people can log on during the flight. And the "entertainment" is all very old shows. Will never fly them again and will only fly Air Canada if I have no other choices.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Beth Davidson    (USA)

Tampa to Toronto. Just got "rouged" last night. One of the worst flying experiences. No leg room. (I am 5'6", which shouldn't be too squished.) The seats were so uncomfortable. I had the person behind me's knees in my lower back the whole time. No tv. Can rent an ipad for $10.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by J Jefferson    (Canada)

Rouge is a thinly disguised process of jamming more people into the same space. I am a Super Elite 100k Aeroplan member. I had my first Rouge flight Phoenix to Toronto and the seats are uncomfortable, leg room is awful, there was one beverage service. I initially booked on AC with my usual aisle. I was moved to window with no notification.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by E Koeck    (Canada)

Booked Air Canada regular flight and got switched to Rouge. Seats cramped, service very poor, no in flight entertainment, no snacks (you even have to pay for pretzels). Will not fly Rouge again. Can't trust Air Canada not to Rouge me again, so will fly another carrier.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Stephen Taft    (Canada)

I booked a flight from Toronto to Puerto Vallarta last June 2013, on an Air Canada flight for March/April 2014. I pre booked aisle and middle seats. I was switched to Rouge, with no choice. I am 5'10', my legs were pressed against the seat back. Our seats were changed to window and middle. There was no entertainment. You could watch movies, if you had the Air Canada app, but we did not know that in advance. They also changed the return flight to March 31, so we missed one day's vacation, no big deal if the service had been there. They also charged me $150 for a bike one way. I sent two emails to air canada, but no reply.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by C Belanger    (Canada)

Pricing does not reflect the service level that reflects a no-frills airline. Seats are uncomfortable, cabin crew are inattentive and the inflight entertainment is problematic to say the least. I have a Windows tablet and you cannot download the app to stream movies. Add to that the fact that Air Canada no longer gives me a choice to destinations that I travel to on business, because they view them as "vacation" destinations. This means that I need to find a new airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by A Vandelay    (Canada)

YUL-MCO on the Rouge A319. Seats cramped beyond anything I've experienced before. I'd sooner fly a US carrier with stopovers than fly a Rouge configuration again due to the limited seat pitch (I'm 6ft tall). On the other hand I didn't mind the BYOD in-flight Wi-Fi entertainment system but the seats need power / usb ports for this to be really useful. I found the entire flight crew to be genuinely friendly and welcoming.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by L Vallillee    (Canada)

I was recently bumped from Air Canada flights flying Toronto to San Diego and return and put on Rouge. It was like being on a plane manned by high school kids whose attitude, flippant manner and vocabulary did not instill any level of security or professionalism to which I have been accustomed from Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Michel Lemay    (Canada)

I bought direct return flights a year ahead of time (YUL-CUN). I paid full fare. Without warning, Air Canada re- routed me through YYZ and downgraded me to Air Canada Rouge. On the return flight, I was also downgraded to Air Canada Rouge without any compensation whatsoever. On top of it, the state-of-the-art wireless entertainment system didn't work and on the return flight, we found out that the "state-of-the-art" wireless entertainment system doesn't even support the latest Windows 8.1 operating system. You should also know that the seats are extremely uncomfortable, narrow and with little leg-room. The service was basic including incomprehensible French announcement (flight out of Toronto). On the return flight (direct to YUL), the flight attendants in economy didn't speak French but one. This simple fact increases risk in case of an emergency. Clearly Air Canada is reducing service and security (low cost) while maintaining full fare. It is a lost-lost for all travellers. Avoid Air Canada Rouge!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Glen de Freitas    (Canada)

I also thought I was booking an Air Canada flight on-line and ended up on Air Canada Rouge. I did Toronto-San Jose-Toronto. Within 3 minutes of hitting the seat I told my partner we will never fly Air Canada Rouge again and unless there is a way to know whether our flight is an Air Canada flight or an Air Canada Rouge flight at the time of booking, we are not booking with Air Canada again for fear of ending up on Air Canada Rouge. The aircraft is clean, the crew were good, the food was good, but the seats are terribly uncomfortable and absolutely crammed in. We are iPad folks, but the available entertainment is limited and dated. Never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by C Taylor    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

All flights to/from YYZ. All flights direct. Avoid Rouge whenever possible. Have flown on 6 Rouge flights. Similar experience to other travellers: very cramped seating, normal pricing, poor/inexperienced service, misleading advertising regarding Premium Rouge service. Save yourself the frustration and book elsewhere.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by B Laurie    (Canada)

On March 2/14, a friend and I were booked on an Air Canada Flight. I had no idea that it was Rouge until I completed the on-line check in. Our flight was to take off at 6.30 am from Toronto, Canada. We all boarded the plane and approximately 5 min before take off we were asked to leave the plane as there was no pilot scheduled for our flight. We had to wait for 2 hrs for them to find another pilot and for him to arrive.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by F Florenzo    (Austria)

Las Vegas to Toronto, flights on time - aircraft 767-300ER well maintained, crew okay, check-in staff efficient and checked my bags to final destination with other Star Alliance partner. Only one beverage service on this 4hrs+ flight. Cabin temperature very cold. Would fly them again if fare and schedule convenient for me.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by M Williamson    (Canada)

April 21 2014. Flight AC1890. I recently booked a flight to Tampa Florida. When booking the flight nothing told me I was booking on Air Canada Rouge. If I had know I would not have booked this flight. I have never been on a plane where I have felt so crowded. I am only 5'4" tall and my knees hit the seat in front of me. The seats are so close I could not bend over far enough to put anything under the seat. This is certainly discount flying at it's worst, I will make sure the next time I fly I don't get on Air Canada Rouge or I will fly another carrier. Also expecting to have entertainment on the flight either music or TV they have nothing. You can bring an IPAD that you have download an APP on or rent one for $10 during your flight nothing when booking the flight said anything about this.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Nancy Mckinnon    (Canada)

I recently travelled to Mexico, wasn't aware we were flying Air Rouge, not that that was a big deal, but you're almost sitting on top one another. No leg room, but the worst was no TV to watch a movie - you could rent one but no thanks, paid enough for the flight. It was a 5.5 hour flight so you think you would at least be able to watch a movie for free - not impressed!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by W Williams    (USA)

AC1837 on May 5. Has anyone actually had a good Rouge experience. Mine certainly wasn't. I paid the full AC fare for a Rouge flight from YYZ to PHX (the only direct flight option) and sat on the plane at the gate for 3 hours while they tried to decide how to resolve their "technical issues". 3 hrs spent in a cramped seat, working on a too-close tray table, without a power source for my laptop. The end result was de-planning and then fending for ourselves to make alternative travel arrangements. Rouge did not cancel the flight - it took off 9 hrs after its originally scheduled departure. Basically, Rouge is like a discount charter vacation service at full service prices with few planes available, so if something goes wrong with yours, prepare to camp out, there's no back- up. What were they thinking?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Keith Sanftleben    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

AC421, Mar 2, Samana to Montreal. Very disappointed in my flight travelling back from Samana. I was in premium seating and my friend I was travelling with upgraded. However, they were unable to confirm our seats together. We ended up sitting by two different passengers who did not what to trade seats. The flight attendant kept speaking only French to me. I do understand French but my language of choice is English. This happened several times. I won't discuss luggage problems as this will not be published.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Peter Douglas    (Barbados)

Premium Rouge

AC1830 on May 4 2014. I am a regular customer of Air Canada on the Barbados-Toronto route. Like many of the other business travel regulars, we were generally satisfied with the service on the route. The flight attendants knew what they were doing, the pitch on the seats in economy and business was fine (even on the 319) and the in-flight entertainment system was a plus on the flight that can be over 5 hours. This new Rouge service is a huge step down in quality, with no reduction in fares. The economy seats are too narrow and close together for anyone over 5 ft tall. The iPad based entertainment has a degraded selection of material. And any upgrade to their premium service is a joke.Yes, two more inches in pitch, but the seats are the same narrow width in economy. Even the overhead storage is reduced in the front of the plane. The flight attendants are obviously new and not yet up to speed. An absolute waste of money to pay for the upgrade and a waste of Upgrade points. The only safe bet is to get in the preferred seating row. Most of us are now looking to the alternative, Westjet. I would not advise anyone to book the Rouge service if they have a choice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by P Haines    (Canada)

Venice to Toronto on August 23, 2013. Air Canada stuck us on this flight on the return trip from Venice to Toronto. My husband is 6 ft 5 and my 3 sons are 6 ft 2 so needless to say they were all miserable. No entertainment, Rude service. Really old plane. There was so little padding in the seats that any time you used the seat pocket, you poked the person in front of you. Will never travel with Air Canada again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by B Grimes    (Canada)

AC1830, Toronto to Bridgetown, 24 April 2014. AC1831, Bridgetown to Toronto, 4 May 2014. Like many others posting, I booked flights for myself and my husband months in advance of our April 2014 trip to Barbados. When I booked, I paid for an Air Canada flight - not an Air Canada Rouge flight. As I understand it, Air Canada Rouge didn't even fly into Barbados at the time I booked. We were subsequently bumped to Air Canada Rouge with no consultation and no refund. I had upgrade credits to get us to Premium Rouge so the trip down wasn't too bad (except for the lack of entertainment) but the trip back, in economy, was terrible. My husband was forced to sit sideways (to the extent possible) in order to avoid jamming his knees into the seat ahead. Clearly, AC didn't get anyone over 6 feet to test the comfort of these seats before they decided to alter the planes. So we got a "discount" service with no discount!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by C Ritter    (Canada)

Flew Rouge YYZ-CUN in Feb 14. Knew when we booked it was Rouge and had concerns but Husband is AC Elite and we "always" fly AC so we gave it a shot. Big mistake, huge mistake. I am only 5'3" and 125 lbs and even I found the seats awful. I had to stuff my jacket between my lower back and seat for support, had back ache for 3 days afterwards. Paid for a vodka and sprite, got the mini vodka and a little splash of sprite in a cup. For 6 bucks you would think you would get the whole can. Return flight sat on tarmac for 3 hrs getting a wheel fixed. Same as other posters, first told 30 mins, then 1 hr, then 3 hrs. Seems mechanical problems a common issues. Hubby will still fly regular AC for business, heaven help them if they bump him to a Rouge flight. We will fly some other airline for pleasure.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by S Peter    (Canada)

Departed Toronto on Feb 12, flight Ac1812 returned AC1813 on Feb 28. Flew return Toronto to Cancun. In Toronto flight was overbooked by 10 people, very crammed seats, no leg or wiggle room. Wife has problem with back and suffered the whole flight to Cancun. Flight back to Toronto, the person in front of wife leaned seat back, due to closeness of her knees to the back of seat she was crushed. The remedy was to move the person that forced the seat into here and his 10 year old child to first class where they where given food and drinks, while the wife had to suffer. Very poor service poor seats, no wiggle room and no leg room.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Overing John    (Canada)

Outbound flight on May 1st, AC 1820, return flight on May 5th, AC 1821. I was recently Rouged on a flight to Cancun, Mexico. I used 20 upgrade credits, and when I selected my seats, it clearly showed a standard executive class configuration of 2 wide seats per side. Imagine my surprise when I found the configuration to actually be the new, slimline seats with a 3 seat configuration, and a pillow placed on the centre seat. I feel that this is a blatant attempt to mislead, and had I known that this would be the case, would not have used the credits.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by C Hannonen    (Canada)

YUL-LAS return booked on Air Canada months ago, converted to Rouge and refused to discount or refund flight to book elsewhere. Experience confirmed fears: heinous, obvious decrease in legroom, stripped of all entertainment, including power outlets to stay plugged into streaming system IF it's working and IF you have an Apple device. Young and eager crew does not know what they're doing and their poor pay promises to keep turnover high and little improvement. AC management loves that they're still able to charge full Air Canada prices for discounted Rouge, but that won't last. Certainly not for me. Actively booked away from AC - even mainline - on next 3 upcoming business/leisure flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by M Ryan    (Canada)

I just flew from Vancouver to LAX on a Rouge flight. I booked with Air Canada because of my aeroplan points collection, and my general good experience with the airline. I'm 6'5", so legroom on even a 3 hour flight is important to my level of comfort. All airlines are relatively tight, but this Rouge flight was a new level of discomfort. I could barely squeeze my knees into the available area, with one knee spilling into my neighbour's area. Even sitting bolt upright, I wasn't able to get my knees into the available area. Thank goodness I was seated next to a tiny woman. To give you an idea of the lateral space, she fell asleep and her head fell right onto my shoulder. When the person ahead of me put their seat back, the seatback was right in my face, to the point that I was barely able to read. It was ridiculous, and I'll never fly Rouge again, or AC for that matter, as I might be bumped to Rouge without notice. On the upside, the flight staff were very nice, but that only goes so far when I'm crammed into a seat like a sardine.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by M Thompson    (Canada)

My Wife and I flew from Barbados to Toronto on AC Rouge and I saw red. We had booked on Air Canada regular service and were switched to Rouge without our consent. The seats are very uncomfortable, limited leg room and crammed. No audio, no USB or electrical plug. I don't have and IPhone or IPad to download the AC Rouge Apps to see movie or listen to tunes. Flying 6 hours sitting on those seats killed my back and I was bored. For extra cash I will be flying WestJet. AC Rouge would be fine for short flights EG: Ottawa, Toronto.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by L Ward    (Canada)

Flew from YYZ to SJO, longest 5.5 hrs ever. I have flown to SJO 7 times and that was the worst flight. The crew were very nice but that didn't make up for the cramped leg room and very uncomfortable seats. Luckily we all had iPads and could use the onboard entertainment system. The return flight was even worse, we sat at the gate for an hour after boarding with no information, then were told we had to leave the gate for a new flight coming in and we would be departing in 4-5 minutes which turned into 45 minutes. We waited 2 long hours for the wind to change direction so we could take off. Apparently the plane Rouge sends to San Jose, Costa Rica is not big enough or powerful enough to take off full if the wind is blowing towards the mountains, if they had tried, we would have crashed into the mountains. This was told to me after the fact by someone extremely familiar with the planes used by Rouge. We have never experienced such a delay in all the years we have traveled to SJO back to Air Transat for us. So a 5 hr flight is now a 7 hr flight, in uncomfortable cramped seats, my six year old was very tired and upset after all that. This was our first experience with Rouge and our last.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Gabriella Prager    (Canada)

My husband and I recently took an Air Canada vacations flight to Costa Rica. We had never flown on Air Canada Rouge and had no idea how small and tight the seats were. Luckily, because my husband has knee issues, we paid extra for one of the extra leg room seats. But, the entire return trip, I had the person's knees sitting behind me pressing in the small of my back. Why would they do that to people who have to be on a plane for 5+ hours? It was my understanding that Air Canada offers free meals on flights over 2 hours - but nothing was offered. Given the length of the flight, I expected more comfort and service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Mercier Marc    (Canada)

I flew from Barbados to Toronto on AC Rouge and I saw red. I didn't notice when I booked the flight that this was AC Rouge. The seats are very uncomfortable, limited leg room and crammed. No audio, no USB or electrical plug. I don't have and IPhone or IPad to download the AC Rouge Apps to see movie or listen to tunes, therefore I read Enroute. This was the worst flight ever! Flying 6 hours sitting on those seats killed my back and I was bored. For extra cash I will be flying West Jet. AC Rouge would be fine for short flights EG: Ottawa – Toronto. AC lost my business!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 May 2014 by H Du    (Canada)

Flew YYC to LAS a couple days after these flights were Rouged. Flight attendants were horrible, either the PA system was poor or their speaking ability or both. The announcements in French would make my elementary French teacher cringe but it wasn't like the English was that much better either, it felt unrehearsed and like they were reading off post it notes and need to pause every few words to find their place. The lack of IFE was archaic for a new airline and was the clincher for me to not fly this airline again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 May 2014 by John Kousik    (Canada)

Recently flew "Rouge" and got "rouged". No leg room for anyone over 6 ft tall, very narrow seats, very limited overhead compartments for small hand luggage. In fact before boarding people were asked to volunteer to have their hand luggage checked. I bought a full service regular seat and got downgraded without being consulted. Will avoid or find alternatives to anything "rouge" related.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 May 2014 by S Nicol    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I was traveling from Ottawa to Las Vegas via Calgary and was told at check in my connecting flight from Calgary to LV was on AC Rouge. When I complained I was told that there is nothing that could be done other than refund my ticket and cancel the trip“if I was not happy”. As I had meetings planed this was not an option and one which I personally think they use to most BC travellers who are not happy. When I got to Calgary I spoke to the AC representative at customer service and she advised me to write to AC and complain. She told me that this is a budget carrier so don't set your expectations high. As a traveler who clocked up more than 150k miles last year with AC they have certainly made me consider my carrier of choice. The seats were awful, the food the same bland offering as usual, cabin dated but, the staff were attentive and seemed to go out of their way to serve, maybe I drew a good hand on this flight. I will reiterate what the agent at customer service stated to me “this is a budget carrier,”so don't set your standards too high.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 May 2014 by D Rhodes    (Canada)

I originally booked a regular Air Canada return flight between Vancouver (YVR) and Los Angeles (LAX). While the flight to LAX was all that I expect from Air Canada (including meal-for-purchase and in-seat movies), unbeknownst to me the return portion of the trip was changed to an Air Canada Rouge flight - meaning no meal-for-purchase, no in-seat movies, not even any orderly boarding of the aircraft, plus the flight was an hour late to boot). I did not pay for an AC Rouge flight and certainly wasn't prepared for absolutely zero amenities on the flight. I have been a loyal Air Canada customer for decades, but will never book or fly on Air Canada Rouge again. Clearly, though, booking what I thought was a regular AC flight didn't mean anything as the flight was changed with no notice to me or any other options. Shame on Air Canada for doing this to customers!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 May 2014 by J Peoples    (Canada)

Flew to Florida on flight AC1860 May 2/14 at 6.30am, return on 7th. I'll take the friendly service of this non- union staff any day of the week over that of the staff from its parent company. Onboard entertainment using your own device is a brilliant way to keep costs down. I'll forego a few first world luxuries over being treated like a third class citizen. The cheery Rouge uniforms matches that of their customer service. I'm excited to have an option under Aeroplan outside of AC.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 May 2014 by B Carter    (Canada)

YVR-LAX. Probably the most uncomfortable and worst seats on any airline. I am average build and height and I could barely fit in my seat. On-flight entertainment was not functioning. No real price savings. Thankfully there are other carriers that service LAX from YVR.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Robert Genereux    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Super Elite traveller, purchased a business class ticket from Montreal to Cancun back in October 2013 (for an April 2014 trip). In March 2014, this flight became a rouge route - and this is not what I purchased originally. Rouge seats, service, IFE are not the same. You could not entertain a conversation with the staff in French. Wifi did not work at all, so no IFE.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Jeanette Costa    (Canada)

Air Canada has really missed the mark with Rouge. I understand this is supposed to be a leisure, low cost alternative for Canadian going to southern destinations or Europe, however I have found the fare is generally the same as full service Air Canada with all the benefits stripped away. The Entertainment system rarely works, and the movie selection is very old/out dated. The legroom in rows 20 and back is very limited, and if the person in front of you reclines you can barely open your tray. The food and beverage service is exactly the same Air Canada, free drinks, food for purchase.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 May 2014 by G Kruger    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

April 28, YYZ-NAS. I booked Rouge Premium. We boarded fairly quickly and efficiently, were offered juice and water while still at the gate, newspapers as well, pushed-back and took off on time. FAs were friendly, perky and a bit informal and their service throughout the flight was courteous and efficient. Food and drinks were exactly the same as Air Canada mainline Business. The big downside of Rouge are the seats, I'm 6ft 3 and weigh 220lbs. I had just enough legroom so my knees did not bang into the seat in front of me and I was able to cross my legs no problem. There is definitely less legroom between the Rouge Business seats and the Air Canada Business seats. The seats are pitiful on the recline, only 3 inches and is pretty useless. The seats on Rouge are called "New Slimline Seats" and they definitely are slimline, especially on the cushion aspect, as well as much narrower, since they have jammed 3 seats across into the same space that used to have 2 across. There is absolutely no lumbar support so lower backpain is the reward after a couple of hours. 2 other aspects about the seats, the actual length front to back of the seat is less than normal so no support for the upper thighs, which can be problematic for some. No inflight TV screen on the seatbacks, just the foldaway meal table a-la 1970s aircraft seats, along with a couple of pockets. My Rouge flight was only half-full so as I said, service and food were up to Air Canada mainline standards in Business class but the Rouge business class seats, comfort and space are a definite step down. I paid the same airfare for less legroom, less comfortable smaller seat and less space as I paid 4 months ago for a standard business class seat and space on the same route with regular Air Canada. I will only fly Rouge on flights of less than 3 hours and only if I can get a seat in the Rouge "business" class and only if their are no other airline choices.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 May 2014 by J Morton    (Canada)

Las Vegas to Calgary, April 29th. If our experience on a Rouge flight is any indication, this Air Canada endeavour is a huge bust. We fly Air Canada a lot and this was without question the most uncomfortable flight we have had. We arrived at the airport to discover our full fare booking (made 3 months prior) had been changed to a low cost” Rouge flight. The 319 plane was cramped with uncomfortable seats, absolutely no leg room and no ventilation. Average height people found their knees jammed into the seat ahead of them and it was impossible to bend over to place or retrieve items from under the seat. Heaven help you if the person in front of you reclined their seat even the small degree they move. No entertainment (unless you wanted to rent a tablet) and no power to the seats if you wanted to use your own just topped the cake. Air Canada has gone too far trying to cram as many people as possible into a plane. We could not wait to get off this flight and will never fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Anne Squires    (Canada)

Tampa to Toronto on Apr 27th. Terrible describes it in one word. Seats are terrible and morale with travellers is contagious, I am super elite now for a number of years and feel married to Air Canada. I travel YYT to TPA at least 10 times a year and I really don't like WestJet. However, WestJet is superior to this. Business class is a joke and prices are Air Canada regular, not discounted like the service. I am sorry but they have lost my vote.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  30 April 2014 by G Hyslop    (Canada)

Flight was from LAS to YYZ in April 2014. This was probably my worst experience with Air Canada. Cramped and uncomfortable seats, little to no ventilation, an aircraft that was probably 20 years past its prime, and flight attendants that seemed like they just wandered in off the street and were given uniforms. I feel very fortunate that we didn't have to find out how the flight attendants would have responded to an emergency situation. As with others, the flight was changed after booking but at the same fare. Just a terrible overall experience and I couldn't wait for it to be over. I have flown with Air Canada as much as possible for over 25 years - this was truly the worst and I will simply refuse to fly with Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Derek Stapleton    (Canada)

Rouge flight from Tampa to Toronto on 27 April 2014. I am a frequent flyer Elite 50K and most to and from that destination. First experience with Rouge! Best word to describe my experience "horrible". Without a doubt the most uncomfortable flight in a full-sized aircraft ever. 6' 11/2" (there are taller) my tailbone pressed against back of seat and knees wedged against seat ahead. Could not move for almost 3 hrs. And I mean I could not move. As I recall even WestJet has more space. Will be seeking out other means to get to FL. The bottom line is important but this tactic will in the end loose them their most frequent customers. Do they care?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 April 2014 by June Thurlow    (Canada)

We booked with Air Canada in August 2013 for a return trip, Toronto - Tampa. The return flight was changed to Rouge the day before we left. The seats are horribly close. 5 inches from knee to seat in front. Lack of food service. Took hours for the one attendant to get a drink of even water to us. I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 April 2014 by P Stelmacovich    (Canada)

I have flown Rouge twice in the last two months on business. The airplanes were old and under-staffed. It took over 2 hours to get a refreshment. The App-based entertainment was pathetic - perhaps it works for those with smart devices (which 75% of people do not have) but try sitting with a laptop on your food tray in a seat that is far too close to the seat in front of you and you will not be impressed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Fouad Habbouche    (Canada)

AC1851, Toronto to Las Vegas, April 17th. Wifi kept on cutting out and finally never worked. The service was very slow, no one passing in the alleys. The flight attendant call button on all seats was non functional until I complained about it and then it was turned on 2.5 hrs into the flight. Bathrooms are dated and not very clean, ran out of paper towels halfway through the flight and never replaced. Price is similar to Air Canada flights, yet Air Canada Rouge is like a third world airline. I had to ask 3 times for decaf coffee over a period of 2 hours. Very poor customer service. It is unacceptable that on a long flight, both the entertainment system and service are terrible.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Donna LeBlanc    (Canada)

They pack you in like cattle. Flight attendants allowed passengers in back rows to place their overhead luggage in the front overhead bins - where are these passengers in the front rows suppose to put their luggage? No entertainment - they rent you an ipad or whatever for $10 - money, money, money. And not even a cookie or titbit to go with the 'free' beverage. We will never fly Air Canada rouge again, and perhaps not even Air Canada if it can be helped.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Doreen Pascoe    (Canada)

On a recent flight from San Diego to Toronto, I was not informed that I would be on Air Canada Rouge - which I consider a "discount" carrier after my experience. My flight was booked months ago on Air Canada so I was surprised of not only the change to Rouge, but a time change also. Good thing I checked in advance as the flight left earlier. The first eyebrow raising experience was when the pre-flight announcement indicated that our flying time was more than the gate-to-gate time. I only had about 2" from my knees to the seat back in front of me which made it impossible to access anything stowed under the seat in front of me. I was cold and I could see others were reaching for their jackets, too, to cover their laps and legs. I was surprised also at the lack of in-flight entertainment. I also felt the flight attendant's uniforms didn't look smart or professional. I would not choose to fly again on Air Canada Rouge & I am relating my experience to whomever will listen. I feel Air Canada has made a mistake in introducing these so-called cost-saving measures. I feel many customers will be lost to competitors.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 April 2014 by J Thomas    (Canada)

Flew from NAS-YYZ on flight 1833, and I can honestly say that this was the most uncomfortable flight and most disappointing in-flight experience that I have seen. Sat down in my seat, and could had to sit at an angle for the whole flight because my knees would not fit in the seat pitch (and I am only 5'10!). There is no screen and no power source on these flights but they provided entertainment through iPads. Fortunately, I had the most up-to- date Air Canada app so I could access the entertainment free of charge. Seat were beyond uncomfortable and the head flight attendant was rude beyond belief. I found it funny that she had to read the "scripted" relaxed announcements. I am an Altitude 50K Aeroplan member and have literally flown thousands of flights and I have never been so disappointed with the in-flight experience I had with Air Canada rouge. To anybody who wants anything near a comfortable flight: do NOT book a AC rouge flight. Book Westjet or a US-based airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 April 2014 by A Sujich    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I flew from Montreal to Las Vegas in premium. Service was terrible and entertainment was even worse. If flight attendants make an announcement your Ipad freezes, if the announcement is longer than 1 min you must restart the movie or show from the beginning. Very sad that Air Canada would attach their name to such poor service when people are so use to have great service on Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 April 2014 by M Cook    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Terrible experience, seats are very small and crammed in. Pretty much same as Sunwing layout but seats are more uncomfortable. No TV screens, you have to bring your own iPad apparently to access movies (and sit it on your lap or table tray - did not try this out but hear it did not work well). On way back to Toronto from Orlando (flight 1863, Sunday April 20th) there was a 10 hour flight delay due to mechanical problems. So instead of arriving home at 1pm we got home at midnight. I can understand weather delays or other emergency delays but this was ridiculous. The part they were missing was originally "a small thing that should be fixed in 30 mins", then that turned into another hour, then another 2 hours, then another 7 hours. I'm sure they knew at the start it would be a 10 hr delay - and had we been told, we could have left airport and spent day at Universal Studios with our friends instead of hanging around airport. My hunch is that given the planes are older the delays are not unusual. One good thing: The staff were friendly. Overall, the flights are way too expensive given the service provided and uncomfortable seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 April 2014 by R Paul    (Canada)

Rouge Flight from SJD-YYZ in Rouge plus no J offered. Terrible inflight service. The crew did one service up the aisle selling meals and then disappeared for the rest of the 5 hour flight. They closed the curtains to the front galley for the whole flight which made it awkward to use the front washroom. They were visibly annoyed when they had to respond to passengers call button. Entertainment system did not work for half the flight. I will fly another airline which has real first class seating instead of Rouge anywhere. I am an SE / MM and this leaves me with less ties to the mainline carrier.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 April 2014 by S Rondeau    (Canada)

Flew Ottawa-Toronto-Cancun-Toronto-Ottawa. All flights were late. On the way from Toronto to Cancun the boarding was late and we waited almost an hour on the tax way, on the way back the flight was more than 2 hours late, we lost the connection for Ottawa. They put us on standby for a flight 4 hours later without knowing if we could continue the same day. Finally, it took us 19 hours to come back from Cancun to Ottawa and on top of it, they sent one of our pieces of luggage to Newfoundland. We paid for seat reservations and did not get our seats. There was garbage from previous passengers on the floor. There was no wifi onboard and neither TV screens for such a long distance flight. Staff onboard were correct. Staff on the ground were very unpleasant and unhelpful. It will be our last trip with Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 April 2014 by B White    (Canada)

Flew "Rouge" from Barbados April 18th, absolutely worst flight we have had. We usually fly Air Canada but we will never fly Rouge again-you are cramped in like sardines, no entertainment system - unless you bring your own laptop/tablet - word to Air Canada - this is not acceptable.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 April 2014 by N Jenkins    (Canada)

We have returned from a holiday in Barbados. We flew comfortably to Barbados as usual on Air Canada. To our surprise we were flown home on Rouge. It is a very uncomfortable plane for this long flight. Cramped seats which are very uncomfortable. There is a ten dollar fee for the IPad entertainment system. The plane and service was chintzy at best. Service staff tried to be cool. We are dedicated Air Canada travellers and this was not up to the standard we have come to expect.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 April 2014 by K Hannah    (Canada)

I took an Air Canada Rouge recently from San Diego to Toronto on an A319 and it was the most uncomfortable flight I have taken in years. The seats themselves are not comfortable. I am 6'3" and I physically could not place my knees in front of me and spent the flight trying to avoid being kneecapped by the attendant's carts. The woman in the seat behind my wife had her knees embedded into the back of my wife's seat and she was a lot shorter than 6'. There is no entertainment system other than the wifi - not even audio. I had a Blackberry Playbook with me and my wife had a Google Nexus but neither one could log into the "Air Canada App". No wonder Blackberry is in trouble when the national carrier couldn't be bothered to make their app compatible. I will do what I have to to avoid future flights on Rouge. I booked on Air Canada and was not aware that they placed me on a Rouge flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Dionne Dany    (Canada)

AC Rouge to Las Vegas. Horrible experience: no leg room, no entertainment system except if using own entertainment device (mobile, tablet or laptop). However, the seats are lacking any power outlet and have no USB ports, preventing charging. There is no way to make a laptop last the whole flight. Moreover, mobile and laptop requires to have previously installed the Air Canada Rouge app, which of course was not installed on my own devices.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 April 2014 by C Devai    (Canada)

AC Rouge 0818 to Puerto Vallarta Mexico, and back with 0819, both flights simply horrible. No leg room, bare bones, no frills, nothing. Very unsympathetic staff. Overall a very uncomfortable flight. I booked one year ago and it was an AC flight and was downgraded to Rouge. As a senior with artificial limbs I was extremely restricted, soft seats, no pillows or any options unless one paid an additional prohibitive sum of close to $1000 for a "Premier Rouge" seat. Although I am an Aerogold member, I will no longer by loyal to Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 April 2014 by R Anthony    (Canada)

First and last time flying Air Canada Rouge. YYZ to MCO with 3 kids and no movies. Did not want to fork over another $30 for something that is available with other carriers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Hilary Borner    (Canada)

Just flew YYZ to SJO - my first flight with rouge. Seats are horrible, no leg room, very uncomfortable flight. Inexperienced staff did not help. Didn't have an ipad to watch the entertainment but they announced that they were having problems with it and were working on it. This was almost a 5 hour flight - seats are way too uncomfortable. Possible fuel leak delayed us out - sat on the plane for nearly an hour before we left. Wouldn't you think they would check for a fuel leak before loading us all on?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Lisa Power    (Canada)

My family and I flew to Orlando from Toronto (AC 1862) on April 13. These flights are no cheaper than the regular Air Canada flights to Orlando (we usually go there twice a year) and to put up with the no leg room (I am a small female (5'4 and 120 pds), no service and a terrible entertainment system, I would need these flights to cost $100 a ticket to put up with such a horrible flight. My husband (who is a super elite member) said that he will never take an Air Canada Rouge flight again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Jan Glaser    (USA)

Premium Rouge

Horrible. Paid for business class from Toronto to Las Vegas on April 13, 2014 - no leg room / awful food / no wi-fi.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 April 2014 by DeGrandis Barry    (Canada)

Flew non stop Rouge Flt. 1880, Jan 16, Toronto-Sarasota and return on Rouge Flt 1881 Apr. 5. Both flights were conducted in an efficient and professional manner. The new Rouge outfits worn by the youthful and polite flight attendants were jaunty and fun. Cafe service was good. The Economy seats were comfortable. The pitch at 29" is close but not something to obsess about. Hey, the Rouge seat is wider at 18" than an Air Transat Economy seat at 16.5" I did not rent or bring an iPad on board so I cannot comment on the wi-fi entertainment offerings. The seasonal (winter) non stop Rouge service to Sarasota from Toronto is welcome and time saving as the rest of the year I have to make connections through Atlanta on Delta airlines or Charlotte on US Airways. Service on these airlines is also good but no better than Rouge. Rouge is a good airline & I wish it great success.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Allan Fernandes    (Canada)

Flew 1851/1852 three times from Toronto to Vegas in March/April 2014. I thought Rouge was supposed to be a discount carrier but all 3 flights were over 1000 bucks. The seating is absolutely horrible - the worst I have seen in years and I have been a super elite traveler for the past 3 years. Wifi entertainment is extremely buggy on my iPad. Half the shows stop playing part way through and you can't even select individual songs from an album when listening to music - It always defaults to the first song in that album. The worst part about this whole experience is that not one time over the last 3 trips was the plane on schedule. The 2nd trip coming back to Toronto on the redeye flight was eventually cancelled at 3am, keeping everyone waiting around the airport when it was known that the plane's broken windshield would not have been fixed that night. The next day was a nightmare, the noon flight was delayed by 4hrs and they just couldn't manage the people waiting around very well. Put them on the next United flight out! But of course that means taking responsibility and taking care of the passengers, something that Rouge and Air Canada seem incapable of doing lately. I have to say that the staff were friendly. I have been a loyal and frequent traveler with Air Canada for the past 9 years and I have to say that this is it for me. WestJet is in order of magnitudes better than Air Canada for their domestic coverage including US, and I'm just hoping that they will bury this Rouge airline quick.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Andrew Frowd    (Canada)

I travelled YYZ-SAN on April 1. The restrictive seat pitch on Air Canada Rouge A-319 is intolerable for a flight exceeding 5.5 hours. The operation of the flight was problematic. No reason or apology was offered for our 25-minute late arrival in San Diego. If it was due to adverse weather en route, this must have been known to the flight crew prior to our departure from YYZ and appropriate measures taken. The flight was fully boarded and doors closed 10 minutes before scheduled departure time (6.05pm). Nonetheless, the aircraft was held at the gate until 6.05pm and then started a lengthy taxi to the runway, where it was delayed again to await two general aviation arrivals. For sheer professionalism, I will travel by United next time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 April 2014 by J Loesser    (Canada)

I flew 1851 YYZ-LAS and 1852 LAS-YYZ recently and will never do it again! Old, run down planes, inexperienced flight attendants, garbage in-flight entertainment system, cramped seats and absolutely no legroom and I am of average height and weight. I fly this route fairly regularly and won't be flying Rouge again. It will be WestJet from now on or connections with United. Air Canada - putting Rouge on this route (as well as many others) was a very poor decision on your part and one that I hope you will re-visit. Until you do, you've lost me as a customer.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Brian Whitson    (Canada)

Flew to Las Vegas over past weekend. Whole experience was beyond bad. Worst seating I have ever experienced. iPad did not work on inbound or outbound flights. Both flights gate attendants said at least 25 people had to check carry on bags, did Air Canada not think or care that by cramming all those extra seats in the plane this might be an issue, part of this issue of course is that that a checked for my wife and I adds another 100 dollars to the flight. I will never fly with them again, will pay more for better airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Peter J Horea    (Canada)

March 29 - April 2 2014, Toronto to Las Vegas, it was one of the worst experience that I have had flying, the leg room is terrible, no entertainment, and no adjustable air flow, it gets very warm inside the plane, also the staff were not very friendly, I am glad that I didn't upgrade to business class, because that was not much better. I fly to Las Vegas and Los Angeles on business several times a year, and would hope that Air Canada would at least give me a choice to fly Rouge or Air Canada. I will be looking to fly with another carrier, this is taking Air Canada back 30 years. I have been a super elite member for several years and try to fly Air Canada as often as possible. I hope this venture for Air Canada will eventually fail.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Horea    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I flew business class on Air Canada Rouge on 2nd April back from Las Vegas and this was my first time flying with Rouge. I am baffled that Air Canada has their name associated with Rouge. Not impressed at all. No TVs and the ipads that were provided worked for about 15 minutes until they had technical difficulties. The seats are not as comfortable as a regular Air Canada flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 April 2014 by N Tebeka    (Canada)

Flight 1873, Montreal-Orlando. March 28th departure, April 4th return. Not worthy of Air Canada! Huge disappointment!Seats were extremely tight and I'm 5"3. My partner is 6"2 and were miserable. Air Canada Rouge is extremely cheap! No entertainment, food, claustrophobic!Choose other airline!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Tim Hepworth    (Canada)

Montreal to Vegas on direct flight on A319. Simply put, the legroom is beyond bad, I am of average height, when the person in front of me put back their seat, it was hitting against my knees. To have to endure this for a 5.5 hour flight is a terrible experience. Flying back from Vegas on a 767 through Toronto and switched to an A320 which was not a rouge plane, almost felt I was in 1st class. As far as the 767 plane, no climate control, constant draught. Overall a terrible experience. Out of curiosity, found it was cheaper by about $200 to use another airline. Never will I fly on Rouge again, unless they resolve the seating issue.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by V Lambros    (USA)

Premium Rouge

AC1852, 3 April, AC1851, 6 April. Just got off the second leg of Vegas - Toronto and back. The seats were small with no legroom there was no closet and nowhere in business class for a business sized carry on. Very frustrating.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by D Sheerin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew AC rouge to CUN from Toronto in the J cabin. The service was acceptable, the food was the same as mainline, however the comfort in the redesigned A319 left a lot to be desired. Seats were very uncomfortable, seat pitch in business class was significantly less than on mainline. The IFE was beyond terrible.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Tick Elizabeth    (Canada)

AC 1880 and 1881 return from Toronto to Sarasota this past winter. We had the bad luck of being on a Rouge flight. I have one word to describe the experience. Awful. This old refurbished equipment which seems to have a lot of mechanical problems. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. There is minimal leg room, even if you pay extra for the seats with supposed extra space. AC advertises this Rouge flight as a more economical flight. The only thing economical about it is the interior. We paid exactly the same as we have paid in all the other years we have gone to Sarasota. Business Class is a total joke. On our trip back to Toronto, we only found out that the flight was delayed when we got to the airport. Flight Tracker gave no indication of this delay, neither did the AC website. It would have been nice to have been notified of this delay by phone, email, or text, thus saving us having to spend an excruciating amount of time at the Sarasota airport. Having tracked the arrival and departure times of these flights over the past several weeks of this winter, it seems that the norm has been at least a 1 hour delay. The weather was not always a factor. AC has to improve this. We have choices as to how we get to Sarasota. It is for certain that we will not ever fly on a Rouge flight again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by K Chen    (Canada)

Booked a flight from LAS-YYZ on Air Canada's website, and was forced to take AC"s new low cost carrier, Rouge. The plane was an extremely old 767, and besides the refurbished carpet and seats, everything inside was old and run- down. The overhead compartment are probably from the 1990s, as I forgot the last time I saw limited luggage space like that. The seats were cramped and uncomfortable, with no entertainment whatsoever (there is the option to rent an iPad, for a fee). The flight was a red-eye of around 5hrs, but half the time the cabin lights were on as the crew came around trying to sell food. This was very disruptive to rest, and added to the general discomfort of the flight experience. The crew were young and "hip" looking, and I must say they were friendly. However they seemed inexperienced and newly hired. There was a passenger who lay on her seat and stretched her legs into the aisle throughout the flight. This was during take off and landing, and none of the crew said anything about having the arm rest down or the fact that her legs were obstructing the aisle. I am sure this violates various national and international safety regulations, and the crew did not seem to mind. Probably one of the worst flying experiences I have had, and I would definitely not recommend flying with Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 April 2014 by V Manuel    (Canada)

Toronto to Las Vegas, Flight 1851, March 27. Air Canada Rouge is simply horrible. The seats are so tight with no legroom. No inflight entertainment and FA's are not friendly at all. I didn't feel welcome or appreciated. The plane was dirty as it was not properly cleaned from the previous flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 April 2014 by J Lister    (Canada)

Air Canada Rogue is one of the worst if not the worst airline I have flown. I fly at least once a month. I booked my flights with Air Canada but the flights were changed to Rogue without notification. The seats are too small and very uncomfortable. My husband is 6'2" and he was uncomfortable the whole flight. My elderly mother was almost in tears due to the lack of leg room. There is no entertainment systems. The last flight had only some breakfast items on an evening flight. All passengers were complaining about the lack of leg room. It is torture if the person ahead puts their seat back. I have always been a loyal Air Canada customer but I will be booking WestJet were possible. The flights were so bad I would rather have to change planes than endure another Rogue direct flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 April 2014 by P Schreck    (Canada)

March 7 and 23, YYZ to SJO return, AC1806/1806. I will never use Air Canada Rouge again. The 29-inch seat pitch is the lowest in North America with the exception of Spirit Airlines. This was the most uncomfortable flight I have taken. The barely edible food cost extra and most selections were sold out by the time the attendants reached my row. The in-flight entertainment system (which can only be played over one's own tablet or device) consistently malfunctioned. The plane was generally dirty and contained significant garbage left on earlier flights. A horrible experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 April 2014 by R Charass    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

As a 4 times a year traveller to the Caribbean it is clear that ACR want to take every single penny of us, the all inclusive prices are the same of AC. A flight is a flight, the flight attendants are rude and impolite. I bought a sandwich that perhaps was a left over from another flight because the expired date was for the same day.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Linda Mason    (Canada)

When I booked ticket (3 in total) to travel the end of June 2014 from Canada to Barcelona, Spain I booked with Air Canada and wanted AC to be my carrier. However I know find out we will be travelling with Air Canada Rouge, the company's low cost carrier. I also have found out there will be NO entertainment unless you go out and buy an Ipad and the seats are going to be smaller and tighter together. There are other cuts and this is totally unfair to me as an Air Canada customer. I did not get any rebate for flying with this low cost carrier - absolutely nothing. It is just tough luck for us. I like travelling with Air Canada with their experienced crews and the special benefits that go along with the overseas flights. I am not happy about this - I feel like we have been Rouged by Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 March 2014 by V Nicholls    (Canada)

We flew from Toronto to Cancun the last week of January and dreaded the return the next week. We booked Air Canada because the flight times were good, we collect Aeroplan and fly AC from Toronto to Calgary at least once a year. We did not know anything about Rouge and not until almost the time for our flight did we know AC had another section for hot spots. We were not concerned because we have always been happy with our service. We did not know there was no in-flight entertainment until we were on the plane. We do not use Apple products but have an Android tablet, no good to us on the flight. The seats are squishy and uncomfortable. The only saving grace coming home was I had booked late flights, so we just slept, no other choice. When we got to our destination, I went on the web to learn about Rouge. It is not easy to find anything. Next time we will go to the States and choose an American carrier. Never again Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Marit Wise    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew Rouge "business class" from Toronto to Las Vegas and return a week ago. I had booked business class originally from Ottawa to Vancouver to Las Vegas but Air Canada cancelled that as the connection was too tight and instead routed me through Toronto. They promised me that business class would be exactly the same on Rouge but it is not! The seats are smaller, there was no TV screen in backs of seats - they gave me a tablet to watch but the content was poor. Service was not good at all. And on top of all this, the price was the same! Very disappointing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 March 2014 by James Bird    (Canada)

I flew with Air Canada Rouge in January on business from Toronto to Sarasota, and was seated in the standard cabin. Although the flight itself was pleasant enough the seats were very close together and cramped. If given the choice, I would not choose to fly with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 March 2014 by A Scott    (Canada)

Flew Toronto-Puerto Vallarta-Toronto. Early both down and return! Great staff, skewed younger and nice change from the stuffy regulars usually on AC! Service was great - purchased a wrap that was tasty! Entertainment - downloaded AC app and no problems both on my iPad and iPhone. Pitfall was not AC but the other passengers - one carry on means one, not one, plus a purse, plus a backpack, plus just "two little bags of shopping". Yes, perhaps that is why you had no leg room, your 5 carry on bags! There always has to be "that one" passenger and they always seem to sit near me! The seats are tight, get over it you are on vacation - want a first class wide seat pay for one on a more expensive airline! Excellent service Rouge and can't wait to fly again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Kalbun    (Canada)

We flew from San Jose, Costa Rica to Toronto, Canada on Air Canada Rouge. A lot of unusual activity at boarding with seat mix-ups, people on the plane with boarding passes with no assigned seats and lots of passport checks. The flight was totally sold and left 1/2 hour late. Five hours into the flight and a half hour before landing we are told that 50 bags could not be loaded onto the plane because of jet fuel concerns due to high winds at San Jose, late departure, full capacity. We deplane, clear immigration and hope that our bags have made it on the plane. We learn that there are no bags on the plane at all! No one at the airport claim desk or customs seems to think that this is anything unusual. They promise that we will have our bags in 24 hours, but given all of the misinformation we have received at this point, I am not holding my breath. No wonder they have dubbed this airline Air Canada Rogue. No leg room, smaller seats, no entertainment, no hot beverages due to potential turbulence, total incompetence from check-in to airport exit.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 March 2014 by M Knight    (Jamaica)

21-24 March, 10.20 departure, arrived in Jamaica 1.20.Depart from Jamaica 2.40, arrives in Canada at 7.30. AC1805. The last time I flew Air Canada was 2007, so I decided to give them another chance. The plane was dirty, no snacks, on a 4 hour flight. The staff going down to my destination were neat and put together, however the person doing the announcements, needed some training. Entertainment both ways was horrible, I could not even access it on my iPad. Comparing Rouge with WestJet, and Air Transat they are so behind in time and entertainment. I am going away in June, and there is a possibility that Air Canada Rouge will not be my first choice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by J Crossley    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada Rouge to/from Costa Rica. Had never heard of Rouge and was not told that this would be the carrier even when I called to book seats and meals. There are no meals, unless you buy the overpriced cold items available - very limited choice, as would be expected on a flight. Had we known, we would have brought our own food as we did on the return flight. Entertainment available by Air Canada app that must be downloaded before flight. A few tablets are available for rent - and they go fast. Seats are not comfortable - spent a week with back pain after 5 hours in one. There is also barely enough room to get into your seat. I'm not a large person but it was a challenged getting in and out of seat. Have flown Air Canada before and was happy with it. Not happy with Rouge and, as you don't know if they will be the carrier when you book through Air Canada, this will prevent me from ever booking a vacation, or flight, with them again. Cabin staff were friendly but not really helpful - there didn't seem to be anything they could do to help.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Wayne Denman    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada rouge Toronto to Grenada return, March 3 and 10, 2014. Will never fly it again. A disgrace for a any airline let alone what they term a discount airline. Will travel to US or make connections on other airlines before I fly them again. After a week of sun and relaxing to have to endure seats with no leg room and no entertainment or even a 25 cent bag of peanuts who needs this. Get Real Air Canada rouge. You say all is well but people will only fly once and say goodbye forget your return flyers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Jacob Mintz    (Canada)

Traveled from YYZ-MCO MCO-YYZ, both flights were on time. The flight attendants are nice and helpful but a little disorganized. The plane was en airbus A319 and was modern and clean both ways. Seat are not very comfy plus there no legroom and you are squished in the seats. The service on the plane and at the airport are good. Movie system has new shows but old eps. Overall both flights were good. There is a good selection of food and drinks.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  24 March 2014 by R Fromm    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

LAS to YYZ, March 2014. I am a loyal Air Canada flyer and mostly travel Executive Class. I am extremely disappointed with Rouge and how Air Canada is forcing its clients to use Rouge and has stopped regular Air Canada flights to my usual destinations. The planes are all very old and rickety and the attendants very inexperienced although all friendly. It would be different if the fares dropped in half but they are exactly the same which is ridiculous. I am looking for alternatives as I will not be forced to receive second class service for the same high prices, the entertainment system is poor and they show movies on an old tube screen but do not provide the ancient headphone adapters so what's the point.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 March 2014 by N Anthony    (Canada)

Just came back from a trip to Orlando from Toronto. Purchased my tickets on Air Canada only to find out a few weeks before that I got "Rouged". I am an Air Canada Altitude Elite 50K member and fly on mainline AC quite frequently. When I bought my ticket in April 2013 I expected to fly on the airline I originally booked with but that was not the case. They switched my flight without warning. Getting on the plane the first thing you notice is how they squeezed all the seats together to give you no leg room. Unless you are a young child, your knees will be plastered against the seat back in front of you. Good luck with the inflight non-entertainment system - you will need to remember to charge your device completely because there are no outlets. Also the movies were all second rate. Best of luck trying to get any work done, the cramped room does not allow a regular sized laptop to be placed on the tray table without being squeezed between your abdomen and the seat in front.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 March 2014 by L Villeneuve    (Canada)

They kept us on an airplane for 2 hours initially, hardly any circulation, trying to fix a problem with the navigation system. Then they left us on the plane for 2 hours while they tried to fix it, giving us false hope every 30 minutes or so. They offered some of us a tiny bag of almonds but we had to share with the person beside us because they didn't have enough for everyone. Finally, they got us off the plane 2 hours later. Gave us $10 to buy lunch. Flight was supposed to leave at 10.30am, at 1.30pm or so we get an announcement saying flight will be leaving at 3pm. Then another delay to 4pm. Meanwhile, the weather outside is getting worse and worse. So now we board at 4pm. They had us sit on the airplane for another 3 hours before we actually took off. 200+ people missed a whole day of vacation time. Updates were very infrequent. To top it all off, the flight crew were miserable. They were finally walking by to offer us some food but a) they ran out of everything, and b) they walked right by our row without asking. When I waved my hand the attendant got annoyed with me. It was the last time I fly with Air Canada. The free food was a sandwich. The drinks - they gave you pop, juice or water and you couldn't have an actual can. Inflight entertainment - forget it. They didn't play a movie on the way to Montego Bay. You had to have the app downloaded on your phone. If you didn't have the app, you got nothing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Christine Cord    (Canada)

Feb 27 2014. When we original booked this flight from Toronto to Orlando return it was with Air Canada. When Air Canada up and decided to change the flights to Rouge there was no compensation for cost given as a refund or credit as Rouge is supposedly a cheaper flight. This fact was confirmed by speaking with other passengers on the flight who booked the flight through Air Canada Rouge. Not only did they not compensate us for the change, they automatically changed our seating - splitting my husband and myself approximately 8 rows apart. I would also confirm that I had to prepay for seat selection. When I went to check in online the flight was sold out and I could not get my seat that I had paid for back. The new seats are horrible. I am only 5 feet and I couldn't get comfortable with the decreased leg room. I don't know how they expect people to sit in these seats for a 5 plus hour flight. They have taken out the TVs in the seats. They boast themselves as having a huge selection of movies etc. with their new app that has to be downloaded. Their huge selection is worse and older than Netflix. It really is a joke. If you want anything that is enjoyable make sure you download your own movies/shows before flying. Next time look at WestJet before booking Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Stuart Braund    (Canada)

I am relatively tall and have just experienced the most uncomfortable flight in my (substantial) list of flights (over 50 years). In the interest of (literally) squeezing the last buck out of their aircraft's potential, they have shortened (even further) the distance between seats, making it impossible for me to withdraw my legs to sitting properly behind the seat ahead! Totally ridiculous, whoever came up with this "brilliant" move, must have been a height challenged individual.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Paulin Tellett    (Canada)

On March 2 2014 we flew back from Puerto Vallarta on Air Canada Rouge (flight A/C 1819). Was it a good experience? No. It was an awful experience. Rouge makes us see red. The seats in the plane were so crammed up that we felt that we were in a can of sardines, One of us is 1 m 90 tall Consequently, his knees were stuck in the seat in front of him with no way of stretching his legs. Many passengers with mobility issues had a hard time getting out of their seat (e.g: to go to the washroom). Rouge is a poor service and shame on Air Canada for offering it. It shows disrespect to the clientele. We’d rather pay more money to get a better service and have more space. We expect a better service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 March 2014 by P Smith    (Canada)

YYZ-MCO-YYZ. Family of 5 travelling in economy. On time departures both ways. Flight crew was very friendly and attentive (also much younger than the average AC flight crew which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Aircraft was an A319 in rouge livery. Pretty basic but clean and nice. The only catch is the IFE is Wifi-based so you have to have an IPhone or IPad with the AC app or you need to rent one in flight for $10. Fortunately they told us this before we departed so we were able to download the app.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 March 2014 by E Chayer    (Canada)

LAS-YUL on March 14. First impression is that legroom is very tight as compared to regular AC flight on a similar airplane, so much that my legs hurt at the end of the 5hr trip (and I'm no big guy). Catering goes, as always, from front to rear, and food is for purchase. If your seat is at the back of the plane, good luck getting proper food, you'll have to make do with chips and chocolate bars. I did not use the wi-fi flight entertainment system, but others tried and were not able to get the feature working properly. Staff friendly but issues are not related to them. It just feels as if Air Canada has decided to cheap out as much as they can while still charging a premium.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 March 2014 by J Martin    (Canada)

I took AC Rouge for a flight back from Las Vegas. Flight attendants were very young and inexperienced. Very poor service onboard, one beverage service for a 5 hours flight (FA's having fun in the back of the plane for the rest of the time). No announcement from the captain. Very few iPads available. I'm a frequent traveller with AC, I will avoid Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 March 2014 by E Couture-Doherty    (Canada)

After reviewing the webpage for Rouge, I charged up my laptop, and tablets to make use of the entertainment system on board that streams content to your device. For the flight to the destination, the onboard system malfunctioned, flight attendants were unable to make it work for any passengers. For the flight back home, it was working, however after trying to stream the content for 30 minutes, on each of my devices, I asked the flight attendants why it was not working, and they replied that the service is for Apple customers only. Air Canada Rouge should specify that only Apple products will work with their systems. Seat pitch was uncomfortable in the A319. On the way to my destination, attendants came only once with food and beverage service for a 4.5 hour flight. Also, I was under the impression that Air Canada had to hire bilingual staff members, where the only French that the flight attendants were able to speak was when they were reading the safety demonstration card, and the landing card. They were not even able to provide accurate translations of the Captains announcements. Not impressed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 March 2014 by Brent Tarini    (Canada)

AC 126, Edmonton to Toronto, Mar 1. AC 1874, Toronto to Orlando, Mar 1. AC 1875, Orlando to Toronto, Mar 14. AC 175, Toronto to Edmonton, Mar 14, 2014. Air Canada Rouge is definitely not up to Air Canada standards! I fly AC on a weekly basis and took a trip down south with my family on AC rouge. It is not the AC that I am used to that is for sure. Bad seats, no leg room and multiple delays on both legs 9 the trip. I am loyal AC customer but won't fly rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 March 2014 by D Gresko    (Canada)

Toronto to Montego Bay return. Cabin outdated and in need of serious attention. Inflight "entertainment" is wildly outdated. Good point: I travelled in business class, and food was pretty good. Service a bit slow, but at least we got fed. Overall, average and definitely not worth the cost.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Bertrand Marc    (Canada)

Second experience with Air Canada Rouge. AC 1871, MCO to YUL, Feb 28 seat 3A, on an Airbus A319. There was no premium class on this flight, so all seats are available in the first 3 rows and no other perk than an extra 6 inches of leg room. Cannot use E-Upgrades certificate to get these seats, only available for a fee of $30, unless you are lucky and these are the only seat available when you board. Plane was full. Take-off was aborted in the middle of the runway for a faulty alarm apparently, we had to go back to gate. After several passengers asked for it, one FA passed the water. FA had plastic smiles (not as genuine as my first flight), and seemed very tired. We landed about 90 min late from schedule. I find slim line seats to be uncomfortable after 30 minutes, so this delay was not welcome. In addition, I wanted to do some work on my computer, but as the person in front of me decided to recline his seat, I had no room to open the laptop and work on it. Level of service and comfort comparable to Allegiant who offers the flight to BTV for $111. Not at all comparable to AC Main Line service and comfort, but price is the same. IMO, comparable to lower class airline service like Ryan Air, Allegiance, Jet Blue, at a premium.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 February 2014 by R Dunigan    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My first AC Rouge flight, YYZ-LAS on a 767 in Premium Rouge. With all the griping previously posted here, I was curious and apprehensive. Aside from the change in IFE (streaming vs VOD), the flight was very similar to AC mainline North American service. FA's pleasant and attentive, breakfast nice, on time arrival and departure. No complaints at all, though I imagine those on the narrowbody service will be surprised by the seating configuration in Premium.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Roozen Len    (Canada)

YYZ-VRA, Feb 6, AC Rouge 1752. VRA-YYZ, Feb 13, AC Rouge 1753. This is Air Canada's new flag carrier. Stay away unless you like the smallest leg room in the air. If the seat ahead of you is reclined even slightly, no room on the tray for even a coke can! Staff are annoyingly friendly with silly banter and phoney smiles. Absolutely no in- flight entertainment unless you bring a device and pre-install proprietary software. On the upside, 100lb baggage allowance is highest around.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Gareth Parry    (Canada)

Despite all the previous comments on this website about how poor Rouge is, I have just come back from a trip to Las Vegas from Toronto and found the airline to be more than adequate. The aircraft itself was in good shape, the seating was 2-3-2 in economy. I sat in an exit seat on the way out and in a bulkhead seat on the way back and had lots of legroom and the seats themselves were not too narrow, even for me as a 6'2" guy. The staff were very competent and helpful and the service was good throughout. Their uniforms are a bit silly, but there you go. The on-board food selection was OK, absolutely not any worse than any other airline, believe me. The on-board entertainment, although a bit different (had to have an app on a laptop or ipad), was perfectly good, although slightly limited. I did not pay to access this. Overall, on this route and with this aircraft, all was good and no issues whatsoever.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 February 2014 by R Downing    (Canada)

First AC Rouge flight, YYZ-SJO, December 2013. Flight was on time, and no problems with the service. Wifi based entertainment system didn't work. Generally this is a big step down from regular service, and why can't I now book business to SJO or BCN?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Deborah Roworth    (Canada)

Terrible. I flew from Sudbury to Toronto to get this flight and the little Dash 8 from Sudbury had more legroom. The lady in front reclined so I watched her hair for 3 hours. Could not see my smartphone even if I had been stupid enough to pay for inflight entertainment on a 4 inch screen.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Bertrand Marc    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

AC1870 on Feb 17, seat 1A. I bought a flight pass for regular flights from Montreal to Orlando. Usually excellent service on Air Canada. They switched to Rouge last Monday. It is like buying a first class train ticket and being switched to a school bus. "Premium" class seats are economy, poorly padded, no working space. Entertainment system is an I - Pad (free in Premium - $10 in economy ) which works erratically at best. Staff doing their best with the tools they are given, wearing a uniform that seems to have bought on sale at Giant Tiger.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 February 2014 by A Winarski    (Canada)

AC 1881, Feb 12 2014, Sarasota to Toronto. Delayed 4.5 to 5 hours as of now. No considerations to passengers. JetBlue also delayed but they brought in pizza and drinks for their passengers. Many considerations to those that smoke to leave the secure area but no food. All the kiosks have been closed at this airport by 6 pm!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 February 2014 by T Edmiston    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Just returned from Huatulco Mexico. Booked our trip back in August with Air Canada. At the time had a choice of 3 airlines and even though Air Canada cost more money, booked with them anyway as in the past were very happy with service, flight, and experience. Found out 2 weeks prior to our trip that we'd be flying Air Canada Rouge instead. Not at all a similar experience. Flight attendants were inexperienced and one was very rude. Airplane was freezing when we boarded in Toronto. Overall a horrible experience both ways. Won't book Air Canada again as there is no guarantee we'd be flying with them instead of Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Malcolm Slater    (Canada)

YYZ to MCO and return in January. This was my first experience with Rouge (I had booked the flight before it was Rouged) and it was a major disappointment after flying regularly with AC for the last 30 years. The seats were not comfortable and the pitch is inadequate. The inflight entertainment is a joke, nobody in their right mind should rent an ipad or pay for the entertainment offered through their wifi service. The FAs did the minimum required. Coming back to the non-entertainment system as there are no power points you are unable to charge any mobile devices, not sure if any batteries can last 7 or 8 hours for the Rouge flights to Europe! AC needs to re-think the customer experience for Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 February 2014 by R Bendor    (Nova Scotia)

YHZ-YYZ AC619. YYZ-MCO AC1868. Air Canada Rouge: A discount airline which happily accepts full business class fares for tiny seats and no significant added value. I will never fly this airline again in business class. Cancelled my return fight and chose to fly another airline. Simple solution don't sell business class seats. Shame on Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Jay Mortson    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto Canada to Samana Dom Rep with Rouge airline (a branch of Air Canada) and the flight was great. The plane was an Airbus 319, it was modern and clean. Lots of leg room and the seats were comfortable. We had not flown with Air Canada in over 5 years and we had noticed a difference. If the chance comes up in the future to fly with them (its all about the price) we will.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Peter Henry    (Canada)

December 27, YYZ-MCO. January 4, MCO-YYZ. January 26, MCO-YYZ. Do not fly Rouge, seats are crammed, staff are not knowledgeable, planes are always delayed. After you book a seat and pay for preferred seating they will send out an aircraft change notice without notifying you and you will be moved to a different seat and separated from who you are flying with.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J O'Neill    (Canada)

Toronto to Las Vegas. Poor overall. Cramped seats - feel sorry for those on the aisle that have to contend with a steel box on the floor. No screens on the seat backs - so no movies unless you have an ipad - and mine didn't work with it. No big loss since the movies are all antiques anyway! No power for your computer. All this at a time where it appears that Air Transat is putting in screens.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Huitter    (Canada)

Departure Toronto to LV, Jan 19 on AC 1851. Return LV to Toronto, Jan 24 on AC 1852. Over the past 10 years Air Canada has turned me into a loyal customer. They achieved this through quality aircraft, crews who are customer focused and many little things such as comfortable seats, the best inflight entertainment and an overall enjoyable travel experience. However, I believe their attempt to compete head to head with low cost carriers and take market share from them will backfire. My Rouge flight to Las Vegas was cramped, uncomfortable, had no seat back entertainment system and the in-flight crew was undoubtedly frustrated by all the complaints and remarks that they were to the point of being rude. Through a 4.5 hour flight, I didn't receive a visit from a flight attendant and wasn't even offered a glass of water. The worst part of the experience was the fact that I wasn't even aware this was a Rouge flight until I received an e-mail about their in-flight entertainment system. Up until the Rouge idea, Air Canada had done a remarkable job of building a first class airline. I will never fly Rouge again and will even think twice about flying Air Canada in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2014 by P Donnie    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS-YYZ. Never again! Five hours squished in an inhumanely tiny space with our knees pressed to the seat opposite us. The flight was no better than a cattle bus. The crew dressed up in ghastly uniforms and silly hats with seemingly no idea of what they were doing let alone what they were telling the passengers during the announcements. No food unless you buy the poor quality food they sell on board and no in seat entertainment system. My wife insisted we spend the extra money and return by Westjet which we would of done had they not been sold out. We will never fly Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J McLean    (Canada)

Air Canada is mediocre as it always has been but Air Canada Rouge is an absolute travesty. Usually when service and comfort drop, the prices would too. Zero leg room for anyone taller than about 5'8" and completely unhelpful customer service agents made my recent flight from Toronto to Orlando a nightmare. Fly pretty much any other airline if you have the opportunity.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 January 2014 by N McFadden    (Canada)

CUN-YYZ: In July I booked a December trip on Air Canada, and several months later we received an email saying the flight had been switched to Rouge, but no refund, so we paid for an Air Canada flight but got a much less comfortable Rouge flight for the same price. The seats on Rouge are very cramped: my husband's knees were hitting the seat in front and my son, who is 6'4", had to sit with his legs spread, knees pointing outward. No screens in the back of the seats, and if you don't have the device and app that connects to their system, you can rent one to watch movies at a cost of $10! As far as staff go, they seem to be trying to make Rouge more like Westjet's casual and friendly style, but failed dismally on our flight. Announcements had a false perkiness to them... it sounded like they were trying to be conversational, but were obviously reading (badly) from a script. The staff member doing the French announcements had an appallingly bad accent. Staff were pleasant enough, but announcements very annoying.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Arlene Kattelus    (Canada)

My husband and I recently took AC Rouge to Cancun, upgrading to premier seating. There was no business class available unless we flew through Montreal. I have been a loyal AC customer for many years - typically reaching Super Elite or Elite Status. All I can say is the flight was very disappointing. The flight attendants were inexperienced - spending far too much time in the galley giggling with one another. The premier seats were minimally better than a regular economy seat. The onboard meal options were horrible - and did not have any hot meals available although listed as a menu option. We are taking one more chance - we booked business class rouge to Cancun in February. I am hoping for the best, and expecting the worst. If no better, we will need to look at other airlines. And get rid of the "hats" - they look ridiculous.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Oscars    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

YYZ-LAS. In a word-terrible and to be avoided. I feel taken advantage of that I paid the equivalent of a business class fare for a tawdry uncomfortable and disappointing experience. The plane was an ancient 767-300 and the seat I was given in the called overcrowded Premium Rouge premium cabin, was badly upholstered, narrow and uncomfortably lumpy. I was unable to access any media content with my iPad because of some glitch in the wireless transmission and which was the only way one could access the IFE as on the flight there are no personal TV's. The crew were young and pleasant but embarrassingly unsophisticated and inexperienced as proven even when making scripted announcements and mangling them. Most of the time they were unsure how to make themselves heard on the cabin speaker system and their reading skills were not evident. One thing that was consistent with Air Canada's business class product, is the insipidly awful catering. The breakfast was the same tired taste challenged over-salted omelette and chicken sausage Air Canada has been serving seemingly for the last decade. Sadly Rouge is now the only Air Canada carrier on the Las Vegas route unless one flies United who offer an inferior business class product but often for a lot less money than Air Canada charges even for Premium Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 January 2014 by M Klosin    (USA)

We fly Orlando to Toronto twice a year every year and until this last trip, it was on Air Canada. AC is a decent airline and a relatively comfortable experience. This was our first experience with Rouge and what a huge disappointment! The seats are extremely cramped, both legroom and between seats. It was a full flight. No TVs on the backs of seats but you can connect your mobile device to their limited Wi-Fi "if" you download the AC app. at home. My laptop didn't fit on the cramped tray table (especially with the seat in front reclined), and the music was echoing so I gave up. My android phone couldn't connect. Positives: Plane was clean and the crew had fancy bowler hats. Business class is a joke with the same seats as cattle class except with a doily and a bit more space. I would pay extra to avoid Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 January 2014 by K Peru    (Canada)

Toronto to Punta Cana and back to Toronto. Rouge is the worst airline I have experienced. Absolutely no room and I have short legs. No entertainment system, you must have an apple product in order to get movies, this is so bizarre. The flight attendants were amateurs, all they did was sit in the back of the plane and talk loudly during the whole trip. I will avoid any flights that use Rouge. Honestly the worst flight experience I have ever had.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Lawrence Cohen    (Canada)

We flew Air Canada Rouge Airbus to Samana. It is amazing how many seats can be crammed into an old old airplane. While not tall my knees touched the back of the seat in front of me. No video, you must use your laptop or tablet and you have to pay for the service. No A/C power on the plane. When I asked the staff about this their response was my computer battery should last the 4.5 hours flight. The seats in my opinion were designed to provide the least amount of padding and comfort to allow for the absolute maximum number of seats in an aircraft. I will avoid Rouge flights in future at all costs for any flight over 15 minutes. Not up to Air Canada standard.

1 2 3