Air Canada rouge Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Air Canada rouge
1.0 Star Rating: Very poor

1 2 3 4

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by D Larson    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

AC1872, YUL-MCO on December 6, 2014. I was flying in Premium rouge and was curious what the experience would be like given all the reviews. I'm aware that there is a vast discrepancy between Premium rouge and regular rouge service, however I would have to say that I was quite pleased with my experience. On this flight, the Premium rouge cabin was less than half-full, and service was smooth and punctual. All staff were very friendly and ensured that any needs were met. The meal service went well, with the standard mainline AC offerings, and the food was moist and flavourful. iPads were distributed and while I had my own media with me, I opted to try the distributed iPad simply for the experience. The library of films was a bit on the older side, but for someone who isn't a cinephile, the selection should be sufficient. The video quality was a bit grainy at times, given the streaming service, but was consistent. The seating arrangement on this A319 in Premium rouge is 3x3 with the middle seats blocked and with pillows seat-belted in where a human would otherwise be. I found the seating arrangement very roomy, and to be honest, I think that I actually preferred it to the mainline J cabin seating! The legroom was about the same as on the mainline J cabin. I enjoyed having the tray table space of the empty middle seat to put my drink and personal items on, instead of putting them on my own tray, so as to optimize space. Additionally, the under-seat storage of the middle seat allowed easy access and storage for my carry-on bag, without having to reach up to the overhead bin, and without impeding my own legroom. The colour scheme of the Premium rouge cabin is also quite nice, and is a refreshing change from the blue tones of the mainline J cabin. All in all, I had a pleasant experience on Air Canada rouge in the Premium rouge cabin, however I'm sure my review would be vastly different in the regular rouge cabin, given how little legroom there is there (I'm 5'11, so I would be sure to notice it). Thus, I would recommend flying rouge, so long as you can get a seat in Premium rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Burt Rick    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

This is the second time we booked Air Canada and was bumped to Rouge. We paid for Air Canada and got its cousin Rouge. As a Super Elite (MM) member I was outraged that Air Canada has the arrogance to throw 5 members of my family on this 3rd world service. Seat too small, flight attendants were mostly arrogant and ignorant except for one mid cabin FA. Can't charge a phone, uniforms look like they are out of a bad movie. I'll be using Westjet for any flights that are not guaranteed "Air Canada" or Jazz.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by C Conde    (Canada)

Flew AC1804 and AC1805 from YYZ to MBJ with a friend and 6 other traveling companions. Our hotel accommodation was booked on our own and not as a part of Air Canada Vacations, therefore, my review is based on the flight experience alone. My standards are not very high. Although I personally work in the customer service industry I live in a small town and am used to small planes with limited leg room and limited services. However, for a flight from Toronto to Jamaica, I expected much more. As I am rather short I did not have an issue with the leg room, but I can see how others may. How can you have a 4+ hour flight with NO in flight entertainment? Yes, IF you have an iPad you can use their "app" to stream movies and TV but the selection was absolutely horrid and the service did not work BOTH legs of our trip. On the way down only the TV shows would stream and on our return both did stream but the application crashed every 1-5 minutes, meaning you would need to relaunch the application and find your spot all over again. In a 4 hour flight we only got through about 1 hour of our movie. If I am ever forced to fly with them again I will make sure to download films prior to leaving or bring a magazine with me - Lesson learnt. Even more frustrating was the lack of communication surrounding this, the flight attendants would constantly say they were resetting the wifi and to stay off of the app for apx 5 minutes while they did this, but no announcement was ever made to the other passengers.. so maybe this is why it never worked. On my return trip I had kindly and politely requested a beverage from 2 separate flight attendants - It never came, after about an hour I ringed my service bell 3 times, still never came.. attendants were never seen again until landing. Perhaps the full capacity Boeing 757 was too much for the crew to handle, I am genuinely not sure. I absolutely loved my vacation but the flight was legitimately the only downside of my experience. If this airline was incredibly low in cost it may be worth the sacrifice but since WestJet is approximately the same fare I will travel to the next city over and travel with them next time I go to Jamaica.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Sharon Friestad    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flight #1897 December 26th. 40 minutes to give us our iPads - there was only 6 of us sitting in Business Class! As the other passengers were served first in a 3 hour flight we couldn't even watch a 2 hour movie. No warm towels prior to dinner, no offer of wine with dinner, no bread rolls, no offer of tea or coffee after. If you are going to charge Air Canada Business Class prices - we deserve Air Canada's business class service. We were forced to fly Air Canada Rouge, but the service was not different than flying with WestJet and paying $25.00 for a premium seat. Could have saved ourselves at least $300.00/per person. Which will be our next choice if this service/price does not improve.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by D Pollock    (USA)

A very early flight from SFO to YVR during the holiday crush was made pleasant by an extremely pleasant and helpful team of flight attendants. I travel a lot and this is the first time I have ever felt compelled to praise cabin service. Thanks for making what I expected to be a miserable experience into a very pleasant one.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Sebastian    (USA)

Not worth flying Rouge unless you are small in stature. Disappointingly tight legroom. Actually laughed when I got to my seat and saw how little legroom there was and then cried when the person in front of me reclined their seat into my knees. First time I ever had my 11 year old daughter commenting how cramped the seats were. Although the flights were cheap, there were comparable deals available for the same itineraries, with better comfort levels. Booked as codeshare on United and tried to reserve seats in advance but was unable to so. Very long holds on the phone with AC, (30 minutes, excellent deterrent). As a Star Alliance Gold, was disappointed with this level of service. Everything else was roughly as expected. Will make a point of avoiding Rouge in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by B Chula    (Canada)

Full flight YYZ-CUN. Seats are hard and the leg room is laughable, but the plane was clean, plenty of food options and the flight attendants were courteous, prompt and served up plenty of beverages throughout the entire flight. Coming from some atrocious US Airways and United Flights, good service and a clean plane makes all the difference. Not as bad as they say and better than some of the other NA carriers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by P Cross    (USA)

Premium Rouge

LAS - YVR connecting to YYC and return YYC to LAS non stop. Booked in the Premium Rouge cabin. There are three rows of 3 x 3 however the middle seat is left unoccupied with two oversized red pillows. The catering is identical to Air Canada Business Class with a menu provided with entrée choices, food is served hot and is good quality and sufficient quantity. Service was professionally casual. My only suggestion for a better service experience would be to hand out the iPads sooner to allow for more access. On both flights the iPads were handed out well after take-off and then they are being collected back just after the pilot announces the descent of the aircraft, which leaves about 30-45 minutes of time when you could be enjoying some entertainment to pass by the time for those who don't read books or bring their own entertainment equipment.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Z Chapman    (Canada)

I was on rouge yesterday for a 5 hour flight from Toronto to Phoenix and it was the worst flight of my life! There was no leg room - never ever again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Chuck Resnick    (Canada)

The worst experience. The 767 appeared like it was built in the 60's. Dull, dingy, worn arm rests. Sears looked worn and out of date. On the way to Las Vegas they played two movies on the big screen and on the way home, none. I will never fly them again. Air Canada should be ashamed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by P Polasek    (Canada)

YVR-OGG-YVR. What a let down! I am a 100 000+miles/year traveller and I was truly disappointed with AC Rouge. It's not cheap, the service is a skeleton of what it should be, seats are very uncomfortable (they simply do not recline). Plane had technical issues both ways (no Wifi, engines would not start etc), seriously - none of this is very confidence building pre-flight. There were delays both ways, premium Rouge does not look much better. Huge disappointment and makes one really reconsider loyalty to Air Canada and it's brand.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Josef Bach    (Austria)

Flight with Canada Air Rouge from Toronto to Orlando. 3 hours of a nightmare. Almost no space for legs, a real squeeze, the plane was dirty, toilets dirty, staff seemed to be fed up, not even a glass of water during a 3 hour trip, thank you Air Canada Rouge, never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Anthony Betsill    (USA)

12//20/2015 flew to Toronto out of Phoenix, AZ. The leg room was very poor. I am 5ft 10 my knees were about 1 inch from the seat in front of me. Flight crew and flight was good. Coming back from Toronto the seats were even worse, when I sat down in my seat my knees were touching the seat in front of me, poor guy across from me was about 6ft 1 or 2, when the person in front of you decides to recline the seat, the seat is about 14 inches from you nose. When most passengers were loaded we had to wait for a couple of stragglers about 45 minutes, 5.5 hrS on the plane ended up being 6.5 hrs. Flight crew and flight was good.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by C Barr    (Canada)

Booked an AC Vacations package and got rouged. I'm average size and had about 3" of knee room. Seat was uncomfortable, outgoing I had a knee massage from the tall man seated behind me who was clearly struggling in his seat. My partner was served cold coffee and got a shrug when we mentioned it. A women in the row ahead was served cold tea and the flight attended loudly blamed the passenger for putting milk in the tea. Late in the flight I happened to see a flight attendant racing through the cabin silently waving a water jug in front of her body. I suppose that is the Rogue way of offering customers a glass of water? She breezed past our row ignoring our "excuse me". Lesson: carefully check any AC vacations flights to verify the airline. No need to pay extra when you can get better service on Skyservice or Air Transat.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Victoria Bach    (Austria)

We were put on Air Canada since our flight with Lufthansa (Munich - Orlando) was cancelled due to Lufthansa strikes. Air Canada Munich - Toronto was ok. The flight from Toronto to Orlando with Air Canada Rouge was a nightmare. The space between rows was almost zero (maybe 15cm), the seat comfort non existent, since the whole body was squeezed into a ridiculous narrow space. The aircraft was absolutely packed and the service was accordingly. We were not offered any drinks at all, not even water. Drinks and snacks had to be paid for. The crew seemed to be put off and their faces and behavior were off putting for passengers too. The toilets were dirty. If we can avoid flying Air Canada in future, we will do so, just in case we are placed in Air Canada Rouge again. Never again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by O Holmes    (Canada)

Round trip to Orlando from Toronto. So I can put up with horrible seating for 3 hours but sat delayed on arrival for a while due to snow. The crew tried telling us to stay "seated" but no luck. Time to revolt. The absolute worst seating. I will connect, jump on any other carrier, drive or walk before Rouge ever gets another dime from us unless they move the seats back. All for 2 more rows? Time to listen to your loyal customers and free us from Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Barry Hurndall    (Canada)

We have had the unfortunate experience of flying AC Rouge on two recent trips, one to Rome and one to Cuba. This is without doubt the worse excuse for an airline anywhere. The staff are poorly trained, slow and disinterested. The seats are way beyond uncomfortable - for anyone over 5'8" they are brutal. The food is atrocious and the entertainment non existent. I normally fly AC wherever I go in Canada, or overseas but will not use AC Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by K David    (Canada)

YVS to LAS on Christmas eve. Flight left close to on time and arrived on time, but took forever to find a gate. The flight itself was OK. No real positives aside from on time departure and arrival. The seating is incredibly cramped, seats are the most uncomfortable ive experienced, and the crew are stretched and stressed. Inflight entertainment is also non-existent, even with the AC app that kept on crashing. I get the idea of no-frills airlines but call it what it is (don't fly as AC) and the price really isn't that much cheaper. I'll be back to United or Westjet next time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Tom MacGowan    (Canada)

Terrible, I am 6'2" and my legs were cramping up. Felt sorry for the passenger in front of me as my knees were in her back. I stood up as much as I could to make the flight from Phoenix to Toronto bearable. Needed an app to use iPad on flight but had no idea ahead of time. Those who had app didn't do much better as system kept failing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Unwin Valerie    (Canada)

My husband and I were booked to fly from Honolulu to Vancouver on Air Canada Rouge on Thursday December 18 at 11.15pm. Moments after pushing back from the gate the pilot addressed the passengers to tell us there was a small problem with the brakes and maintenance would be called to inspect and repair them. After several announcements and hours later there was no resolution. The Air Canada ground staff had no authority to provide answers to the passenger. By 2.30am we still had zero information and the Air Canada staff told us they could not provide us with food vouchers or water. They had no access to blankets or pillows either. Families with small children and infants, as well as the elderly, were unfortunately required to be patient or leave the gate and go to a hotel as their own expense. By 4.30 am we were still at the gate but the flight crew was relieved of their duty and sent to a hotel. Passengers demanded answers and grew angrier but the ground crew was unable to provide any assistance as they waited for instructions from head office. By 6.30am we were told that Air Canada was trying to find hotel accommodations for the passengers but we needed to be patient. By 7.15 we were instructed to go and wait downstairs and a shuttle bus would take us to a nearby airport hotel. Again there was no assistance to escort families with children or the elderly to the shuttle bus location. By 7.45am the first of three buses arrived and we were taken to the hotel. Hotel staff told us to wait as they had not been given authority to check us in. In total the last passenger to be checked in at the hotel was processed by 10am. Air Canada Rouge is the worst airline I have ever experienced.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Anthony Betsill    (USA)

Our son lives in Canada. We have traveled numerous times to Toronto out of Phoenix, AZ. We had not heard of AC Rouge until our son booked the flight to Toronto in the latter part of Nov. Then I started looking on the Internet about AC Rouge. We never buy food or drinks nor movies on any plane so no problem there. Flight was good, other than the terrible seating, i am 5'10 and my knees were touching the seat in front of me, then the guy in front of me moved his reclining seat back then it made his seat about 14" from my face. Such terrible leg room makes it quite an ordeal for anybody going to the restroom.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Tessier Kevin    (Canada)

Flew YUL-LAS a few weeks ago. First of all mechanical issues, we were delayed 75 mins out of the gate. Second, as most Rouge commenters here, no IFE (bring your iPad for a selection of outdated movies), you get an ice-filled Coke (maybe 30 ml at best) and uncomfortable, cramped seats. The fellow next to me was overweight and snored/slept on my shoulder the entire trip. They ran out of food too, which angered a lot of passengers at the back. To make things worse, we had no gate assigned in Vegas and sat on the tarmac for 40 mins. Luggage somehow also took an addition 35 mins. Yes it was direct from Montreal, that was the only redeeming feature. However next Vegas trips in 2015 (2 of them) will be booked on other carriers (American, Delta or WJ), AC Rouge will never have my money, huge contrast with the main airline which that is average at best.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Russo    (Canada)

If Rouge were indeed a discount airline at discount pricing, I would get it. But it's not. You pay full fare to sit with your knees in your chin, to have inflight entertainment that is older than my grandfather, and food that isn't fit to be served to livestock. Truly a race to the bottom. Old Air Canada slogan, "We're not happy unless you're not happy" Sad, but very true. 5 hours from Toronto to St Martin. Suicide would have been less painful.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by H Cheng    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is not recommended for tall people due to the extremely cramped legroom in economy class. Flew from YVR-LAS on Air Canada Rouge, the seat is very disappointing, very little legroom. It's like sardines being packed into a can. Staff service was okay. Food was average and they really need to improve the inflight entertainment. The things I would say to improve Air Canada Rouge is to increase legroom to at least 33" inches. And Premium Rouge on Boeing 767 aircraft should have flat bed seating instead of cheap recliners. Think about it Air Canada Rouge. Do something that can improve customer/inflight service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Dean Smith    (Canada)

Must say I'm very sad that the Air Canada Vancouver to Maui flight is now Rouge. I typically fly that route 3x per year. I have chosen to fly AC over Westjet for years because of the comfort. Well it isn't comfortable anymore. Shame on you Air Canada! I feel like I should say something positive first - the staff are young and fresh. Now the negative: First it was the most I have ever paid for a flight to Maui $1400. That doesn't seem like a budget airline to me. I felt like I was being gouged. Secondly it is first time I have arrived with a sore back. The seats look not bad but they are horrible!! I'm not tall so the space was Ok but the seats the worst possible design for your back and they barely recline at all. I'm dreading the night flight back! Finally the wifi entertainment system (that I was actually looking forward to) has an old and poor selection of movies and TV shows, transmits in very low resolution, and crashes every 10 minutes or so. I did persevere with one movie but had to restart it at least 7 times. Bye bye Air Canada! I've always been a supporter but think I'll be booking with Westjet next time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by L Perry    (Canada)

YVR-PVR-YVR, Dec 6-13/14. I would advise you not to travel with Rouge if you are above average size as seating is extremely tight. Since I am of average size and my flights were on time, I can hardly fault them. I also got a great deal on this particular flight, but this was definitely an anomaly as I see the flights for the same route to PV are now upwards to $1200. I'm ok paying cheap fares for cheap product/service, but $1200 for a 5 hour flight is ridiculous in the extreme. I only paid about a 1/3 of that for these particular flights, which makes this review ok. BRING your own entertainment. Food is buy on board, same as everyone else. I've flown Westjet on this route lots of times and Westjet is no better or worse. They are extremely tight and no cheaper. My advice is know what you are getting into and do not pay/sit in Premium (not worth the extra $$). If the flight is too expensive then vote with your feet. Unfortunately we are a captive audience as Westjet's prices are the same if not higher.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Panat    (USA)

Yes, it was a great deal but c'mon! The staff was just ok, no TV's or screens but you can rent an iPad for $10.? Like we are already not paying enough to airlines. No music stations either. The only advantage of my flight was that no one was next to me (sheer luck!) so I was able to stretch and sleep. The plane was dirty and you can see that the sides on the floor have not been vacuumed or cleaned in a long time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by P Meyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Just returned Vancouver/Maui return in worst flight of my life. Air Canada switched to Air Rouge after we had paid for business class and value for money was atrocious. Both ways, drink tray would not pull out and only one reading light worked. Used warm facecloth to wipe down table top and arm rest (filthy). Table tray in arm rest reduced seat width. No lumbar support in seat. Middle row had to ask to have reading lights turned off for whole section on return (red eye) flight so they could sleep. Food on flight over acceptable, breakfast meal on return flight edible. The only 2 good things I can say about the complementary IPads are: didn't have to pay for it in Premium Rouge, and I finally learned how to play Angry Birds because the movie selection was "thin". Staff were "preppy" and helpful but they must be exhausted by having to constantly apologize "we're working on it" when customers complain. On return flight there was no AC on the ground in Maui and then when airborne, economy class passengers froze and we sweltered in Premium Rouge. I will never fly this airline again and will think twice about AC overall.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Vic Singh    (Canada)

Vegas from Toronto. When I called them to book specific seats I was on hold for over 45 mins. When I spoke to the travel site about this they said this is quite normal. We couldn't print boarding passes from their site. When called Rouge it was another 1 hour on hold. She said there seemed to be a problem with the site and to just print them out at the airport. We paid extra ($160 for 2 people/round trip) to seated by the emergency seats for the extra leg room. There seemed to be a problem with their heating because it was freezing the whole time. The food was bland and cold within seconds of receiving it. The flight attendants took forever to carry out requests.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Barry Sjolin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I am an Altitude 50K member and have been for several years. I use Air Canada a lot. I swear it is the best airline in the Star Alliance and at least the Top 5 world wide. I traveled to Las Vegas this past weekend and was relegated to 'Rouge' because Air Canada does not fly there any longer. If you want to fly AC to Vegas - you must be rouged. The airfare (Flex) was more expensive (21% to be exact) then the Flex fare for September 2013. There are no amenities. No inflight entertainment. Oh sure, you can watch a stream on your ipad or iphone - but there is no way to keep your device charged because in this, the 21st Century, some engineer decided there was no need for power supplies. Force people to watch on their electronic devices, but don't allow them to charge. I used my upgrade points to 'Premium Economy' - although the ticketing laughingly refers to it as Business class. Seats are the same size as in economy, no power, no entertainment and yet - the same amount of credits are required. Thank god they at least had more leg room. But that's all they had. My food was adequate, beverage service was slow and there are only 12 seats to serve. In the spring as I will be forced to Rouge again - and it will be the last and final time. I could go on, but why bother. United Airlines, here I come.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by D Royal    (Canada)

We just came back from the Dominican Republic and all I have to say about Air Canada Rouge is that the aircraft and staff are ok but the seats are the worst I have encountered and I have been flying since the early 60's. The seat basically has no bottom cushion. It is hard and extremely uncomfortable. The pitch between the seats is OK if you are 5 feet 2 but otherwise your knees hit the front seat and if by chance the front passenger reclines OUCH!!! The seat cushion is also not long enough and offers no thigh support. I will never ever fly Air Canada Rouge again until they change their seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by P Meyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Just returned from Maui, originally booked business class AC and were switched to Premium Rouge without adjustment in our fare. Flight over on 5 Dec was good but drink tray broken and my reading light would not come on. Food very good and drink selection excellent. Seat area filthy and when I wiped the table tops and arm rest with my warm towelette, it came back black. Inflight use of IPad nice but the system kept freezing up and having to be restarted. Flight Maui to Vancouver 14 December was awful. Air conditioner turned off on tarmac so we roasted until after take off, then we still roasted in Premium and Economy froze. Same broken seat issues. Not all of the inflight IPad items were working. Crew seemed disorganized (took 45 mins to deliver breakfast trays and not all 24 people in Premium bothered to eat). Coffee offered on an individual basis Once). Overall we were terribly disappointed. My husband is an AC Elite/Altitude flyer but we have decided to go with another carrier on our Europe trip this fall. We will never fly Air Rouge and when we go back to Maui, it will be with Westjet or Alaska Airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Wichtel    (Canada)

We generally find our experience in overseas travel "average" on AC compared to other airlines, but our first Rouge flight to Honolulu was nightmare for us. We travel back and forth to NZ frequently. We understand the YYZ - HNL is a new service but we would encourage AC to rethink making such a long flight and large plane a Rouge flight - it just doesn't work. The cabin crew were inexperienced and completely overwhelmed. We were 4 hours into a 10 hour flight before we were offered even a glass of water. Another 4 hours before we saw them again. The back and forth required to supply meals, iPad etc, to passengers made the rest of the flight service very sub-standard. Once you got your iPad the entertainment selection was the worst I have ever experienced in my long years of flying. For long overseas flights (yes, this is every bit an long haul international flight), AC should retain the standard approach of meals and drinks supplied at appropriate times. It was unfair to the crew and unfair to the passengers. The nickel and diming for every single thing is ridiculous (to have to pay for a blanket when the people by the windows are freezing is inhumane!), I doubt most people want their vacation to begin with such a sour experience. Even at the risk of a few more dollars on the ticket. I am sure most passengers left the flight feeling tired, hungry, thirsty, cold and bored. We did.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Gallant David    (Canada)

HNL- YVC 15-12-14. We had been advised that our return flight was to be with AC Rouge. Having read a number of negative items concerning Rouge we were not expecting anything different. However we went with an open mind. The crew were professional and gave good service considering that it was a red eye flight. Departure and arrival were both timely. We sat in preferred seating which was much better than the regular economy seating. The seats were comfortable however did not recline too much. From a safety perspective I was unable to hear some of the announcements. There was no track lighting in the aisles. The overhead directional lighting did not work. Overall the aircraft 767-300 was clean. The toilets were cleaner than other AC flights that I have taken. The food for purchase was good however way overpriced. The funky uniforms of the flight attendants could be more professional. Ditch the hats. This is considered a no frills concept. They didn't miss the mark in that statement. The cost however is greater than mainline AC. I downloaded the AC Rouge APP and viewed some of the movies etc. They could do better as a lot of the downloads were old. For example, I love Lucy, Auntie Maime etc. Not worth purchasing the $10.00 iPad usage. Would I fly AC Rouge again? Firstly we fly every year to Hawaii. AC provided good service and we enjoyed those flights. We will no longer fly AC Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Hiebert    (Canada)

I might as well join the ranks of most of the reviewers, Travel AC1810, 29 Nov, YYZ-CUN, B767 and AC1813, 6 Dec, CUN-YYZ, A319. Both flights on time, Inflight service about the same as AC mainline, Inflight entertainment, not bad, but content very dated. Seat comfort - B767 leg room about the same as a lot of Westjets B737, A319 leg room, my wife is 5',6", she didn't enjoy the return flight at all, I" 6',4' and scored the 18F emergency exit window (no 17F in front of you) so legroom wasn't an issue with me this time, if I haven't been able to score 18F, I know I would have been in for a world of pain. The seat has very little padding and the front on the seat is angled down, so you feel like you could slide off the seat. As for recommending to others, if you are travelling to a Sun Spot for holidays, you have very little choice for a comfortable non stop flight these days on any Canadian carriers. The trend is squeezing more seats on an aircraft world-wide and passenger comfort is impacted.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by McLelland Lauryn    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is a service that should be eliminated. I paid for a preferred seat on a flight from Toronto Ontario to Liberia Costa. The seat was cramped and I am average weight at 5'7". There are only 3 sandwich offerings of which they ran out of one before the flight was a third complete. If you need to use the toilet facilities it is difficult as the carts were frequently in the aisles blocking the access to the only bathrooms at the rear of the plane. When I asked if I could use the toilet in the Premium section, I was told I had to wait until the beverage service was complete in my section. When the attendant was not looking, I used the Premium toilets. The fact that you must use your own devices to watch movies is the biggest money extraction ploy. There were no plugs to recharge devices. Staff were pleasant but working in difficult circumstances. Never will I use this service again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Holm    (Canada)

My husband I recently flew on Rouge YYC-LAS return. We were, to this point, both loyal AC customer and my husband is Super Elite. Air Canada Rouge is a step back air travel! The seats are cramped, my husband is 5'10" and his knees were touching the seat in front of him. And that was without them reclining! The flight was very cramped and uncomfortable. I cannot imagine a long haul flight with this airline. Well in fact we won't do it. The entertainment system is terrible, a bunch of old movies I have already seen. Doesn't even come close to Air Canada's system. I will not fly Rouge again, it is a discount airline that costs the same. And they just announced Air Canada is rolling out domestic Rouge flights from YYC. VERY disappointing. Guess we will be flying WestJet a lot more from now on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Lawson    (Canada)

This airline demonstrates that it is a race to the bottom. I flew from Calgary to Vancouver on a regular AC flight - fine - I had 6 inches between my knees and the seat in front. From Vancouver to San Francisco my knee was jammed into the wire support for the magazine holder attached to the seat in front. Why? This was not a leisure trip - it was business - and I booked on AC.com not Rouge.com. I could not open my laptop. I got a water about 2 hours in when we stared the descent. Air Canada did have a little Rouge Logo on next to the flight. I will be avoiding that logo in the future. The upbeat uniforms and the Fedora made me even more annoyed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Michael Davies    (UK)

Manchester - Toronto. This is without doubt the worst airline in the world. And its up against some pretty stiff competition such as Ryanair, Air Asia and Spirit. I am now reluctant to use the brilliant main line Air Canada just in case they change the route to a Rouge. I hope the executives see the reviews - they have created a dreadful airline and I wonder how long it will be until this airline is wound up.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Bob Harrison    (USA)

While the services associated with flying have been going downhill in the US, I just can't believe the return flight I had from Phoenix to Toronto. I am 5' 11" and I had zero leg room on my flight. There were other passengers around me who were all looking bewildered and as a group the feeling was "really". So after we boarded they started playing up the rental revenue pitch for iPADS and the app they have for watching on your personal device, but here is a clue AC. Why not make an announcement in the terminal area before the flight so you can download the app that you need to watch on your personal device. Absolutely nothing positive about this airline. They were not less expensive and cattle are treated with more respect. I will never fly Air Canada again because of this experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by John A March    (Canada)

Having Just flown Air Canada Rouge Toronto to Dublin Ireland I would comment that the seats are much smaller than normal Air Canada flights. The seat padding is non existent, there is no entertainment unless you have an apple device, no other devices work and given that android is at least 1/2 of the market they should also work. Generally I will never fly Rouge or for that matter Air Canada again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Bruce    (Canada)

Kahului, Maui to Vancouver. Flight 1828 on Dec 4. We booked a regular AC flight. It was changed to Rouge. It was without a doubt the worst flight we have had and we fly quite often. The seats are hard. The seat recline is negligible. We are tall (6'4") and it was impossible to sit with knees forward. The plane was very noisy. We had another flight booked with regular AC which was also changed to Rouge. I cancelled and received a full refund.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by T Domenici    (Canada)

We flew to Rome in September on AC and were booked on AC Rouge out of Venice. We assumed that Rouge was just a marketing gimmick. Were we wrong. Upon boarding the new 767 we all thought our 9 hour flight to Toronto would be relaxing. Then we got under way and the surprises kept coming. Cramped seats, barely recognizable food, no monitors for entertainment. The stewardesses took the brunt of criticism for AC Rouges lack of communicating that, in fact, ACR is actually a no frills carrier. Not cheaper but "no frills". Add to that $ 6.50 for a warm, 4 oz. white wine and $ 10.00 for an Ipad and you get the feeling that perhaps Rouge should re-think a strategy that will cost them customers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Peter Judd    (Canada)

My wife and I flew to Phoenix, mid November on Rouge. It was our first experience with Rouge, not by choice, and it will be the last. We flew about 5 hours each way sitting in very cramped conditions, very little room when trying to walk down the aisle (passengers are not going to get out of that plane in an emergency situation) and a pathetic entertainment system. My wife found she could not turn the pages of her magazine as it lay on the table without hitting the seat back because it was so close to her. It was an almost impossible task to try to reach down to grab a bag under the seat. Flight crew did not address my concerns that I voiced twice, assuring me they would come back, that the seat if front of me was fully reclined (which isn't much with Rouge by the way) during landing giving me almost no space between me and the setback. My wife and I agree that we will make sure we do not fly Rouge again, flying the competition instead.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Christie    (Canada)

Aeroplan member since 1987. Went out of my way to fly AC (even if it was a few $$ more). It's now done. AC Rouge from Las Vegas to YYZ. Full disclosure, we "lucked into" front row of economy with 35" seat pitch so was not too bad, however looking at those crammed into 29" pitch seats made me squirm. There are plenty of other options at the same price. After 25 loyal years I will now go out of my way to avoid AC.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by B Davis    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I had my first experience on AC Rouge this week with a flight to, and then return from, Las Vegas. I am a very frequent flier, almost exclusively with AC logging about 75 flights per year. Business class pretty much all the time because of upgrades. Wow, this was an unpleasant surprise. Horrible seating-cramped with marginal width in the seat and little leg room. Old planes I guess so the lack of quality in flight entertainment (iPads with video choices matching the age of the planes). All this for the price of regular AC Business Class! I will never fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S David    (Canada)

YYZ-MCO is a new low for Air Canada. This is a flight that is filled with parents and children headed to the wonderful world of Orlando and most of them have come to expect the TVs and other amenities to be a part of AC flights. That is no longer the case - no TVs, no plugs and no leg room leads to a very uncomfortable flight for all. I'm a AC super elite passenger and do anything I can to avoid taking the rouge flight including driving 3 hours to Fort Lauderdale to catch the AC proper flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Fagan Greg    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

While the service is similar to a regular Business Class flight on Air Canada the seating is in no way business or premium. The seats are narrow with limited leg room - there is no arm rest or power outlets. The large pillows you receive take up the centre seat as a business traveler if I pay more and I expect more from Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Clifford Lax    (Canada)

Rouge is to be avoided whenever possible. I have travelled both in Economy and in their "Premium Class" which is the same economy seat with the middle seat left unsold. A few inches greater leg room but with a huge increase in price. Air Canada has made a huge miscalculation.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Mosher    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Toronto to Phoenix in Premium Rouge and was was very disappointed with the quality of this section. Instead of wider seats, the seats are three across with middle seat blocked. I'm not impressed with the iPad entertainment system either. On other AC flights, one can start watching a movie while still on the ground. In this case we were several minutes in the air before getting the iPad. The selection of movies and TV programs was poor and not to my taste at all. The staff were friendly but were absent a lot. I will avoid Air Canada Rouge in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R K Englehart    (Canada)

Flew from Honolulu to Vancouver AC Rouge Nov. 29th 2014. This was a very disappointing flight for many of the following reasons. Changed our tickets from AC to AC Rouge. No leg room and we are not tall. Seats uncomfortable. I completely froze all night long. I requested a blanket and they said yes for eight dollars. No entertainment unless you pay ten dollars for an iPad, unable to see the safety demo.. Unable to sleep as crew in seat behind us talked and laughed all night. We will not fly AC Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by C Petersen    (Canada)

Recent flight on Air Canada rouge was terrible. The seats were so uncomfortable and narrow. The "new" entertainment they couldn't get working. This flight was terrible and unfortunately I have three more flights booked with them. My mother was in Premium Rouge and the seats weren't much wider and yet they charge hundreds more. My advise is don't waste your money. Pick another option any option is better than Air Canada rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Longo    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Paid extra for premium seats which were no better than economy on a regular flight. Leg room was horrible. Service from attendants was the worse I have had on any flight ever! The worst thing of all is that now flying direct from Toronto to Vegas, this is all I can get unless I take the red eye. These flights should only be flying locally and no more than 1.5 hr flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Gordon Jeffrey Parks    (Canada)

Less for more. London(ON)-Toronto-Tampa return on Rouge. Small seats and no screens so it was impossible to see the safety demonstration. 3 cabin crew who were expected to serve close to 200 passengers. On the way down one toilet was closed and on the way back one toilet had no water for washing but the crew had thoughtfully put a few packs of handwipes in the toilet. Drinks while going up in price arrived pre-poured not cans of mix and miniatures.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Kelly    (Canada)

I couldn't care less if the flight attendants are happy or sad or dressed like an 80's boy band. I also couldn't care less about the inflight entertainment or the food they serve. However I do expect a comfortable seat. At 6'2, 200 lbs I was unable to move my legs throughout the flight. My knees were firmly lodged into the seat in front of me as well as a metal armrest on the widow side. I couldn't utilize the space under the seat for extra leg room because the pitch of the seats. It was without a doubt the most uncomfortable flight I have ever had to endure. Luckily the couple in front of me (the gentleman was also jammed into his seat) looked back and we're horrified by how I was crammed into the seat and didn't recline their seat back otherwise It would have been unbearable. My flight was only 2.5 hour so I can't even fathom being on a 6 or 8 hour flight with this airline. I have always been a big fan of Air Canada but I will never, I repeat never, fly Rouge again even if I was given tickets.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 December 2014 by C Barre    (Canada)

With Air Canada Rouge, the travel experience has been taken to a new low. We had the unfortunate experience of flying with them to Barcelona and will never travel with them again. The planes are old. I paid extra to get an exit row and was still beyond cramped. The inflight entertainment (an extra cost requiring you rent an iPad from them) features third run movies and old television series. The food is tepid and the planes desperately needed to be cleaned. Whatever you do avoid this airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by A Mitchell    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS return. I have been a loyal AC customer and Super Elite. Air Canada Rouge is a step back in customer service and flight comfort. The seats are cramped and uncomfortable. A four hour flight and one cup of cold tea, regular flights on AC the service is night and day. I will not fly Rouge again, the price of a ticket is not a bargain. Extremely disappointing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by R Sawyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

YYZ-MCO return. Service and food were up to mainline AC business class standards, however the seats were regular Rouge but with a much better seat pitch. Since they do not sell the middle seat, I see no reason why they could not go the extra mile and have wider seats. All the privileges of AC Business class: free checked bags, priority boarding, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority security at MCO all made it worth the extra cost, which was not too excessive. Not particularly impressed with the iPad entertainment system, but it worked and there was a reasonable choice of things to watch. This is by far the only way to survive Rouge. I looked back to the cheap seats and it looked awful: an impression confirmed by some who traveled back there. Not up to AC Business Class, mainly due to the poor seating, but acceptable for a relatively short flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Byers Martha    (Canada)

As a paraplegic, I have no complaints about how the airline handled me. I have flown Air Canada for years and all that has come to a stop, I flew AC 1891 on October 25th 2014. Tampa to Toronto. While I do not fault the airline for its taking off late, (was boarded first 30 minutes late) As a result of rainy weather (I assume), we sat waiting on the runway for an hour. Once we did take off, there was one food cart, don't order food, as I have found all the items disgusting (especially the veggie wrap). They also had one beverage cart. Food cart came first. I like to have a glass of wine or at least water while I fly. One hour and ten minutes in to the flight I was finally offered a beverage. I am 5 ft 4 and 125 pounds and I was packed in to the seat. If you are over 5 ft 9 I would not book AC rouge. There was zero entertainment on board. As I am accustomed to watching a film when I fly, I did not bring reading material. No TV. No music, no view, nothing. Also to add insult to injury, I flew AC rouge last time, business class and don't bother. Seats are three across with a pillow in the middle seat. The seats are not comfortable and the price outrageous!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by J Grodzki    (USA)

Flew from Vancouver to Honolulu on what I thought was Air Canada but was, instead, Rouge. It was the most uncomfortable flying experience I've had in years of travel on many airlines. Checking in at Vancouver International was handled by Air Canada ground staff in the usual courteous and efficient way, but when boarding the aircraft I was surprised to see the flight attendants dresses in their ridiculous uniforms and hats and the drab decor of the aircraft. I squeezed into my seat and soon realized the next six hours were going to be an ordeal. Are you kidding me? I am very average, slim, 6 feet in height, and I could not sit in my seat with my knees in front of me. The seats are hard, barely recline, and are immensely uncomfortable. The flight attendants were pleasant when they were around. No entertainment, cramped seats beyond description made for a very long six hours. I am very disappointed to learn that Rouge is taking over all flights to Honolulu. This move by Air Canada is a terrible business decision. I will book with any other airline other than Rouge in the future. Never again Rouge!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by J Austin    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is an experiment that has to go away. I flew from Toronto to Phoenix and at 5' 10" was crammed into my seat with absolutely no leg room. The service was horrendous and many 'customers' of Air Canada were more than unhappy after the five hour flight. The wifi entertainment system, complete with antiquated movies and shows, was intermittent and froze at regular intervals.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Janelle Lise    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I have had the unfortunate experience of having no choice but to have to fly with Air Canada 'Rouge'. Trying to make a more uncomfortable way of flying, just as expensive as before sound 'cool'. I am a frequent flyer with Air Canada but I am seriously considering not flying with them anymore because of these new ways of trapping us. I am supposed to be flying to Maui in January and they get you because you have no choice but to fly Rouge for the last long leg of the journey from the west coast to Hawaii. I have flown premium (which was really not premium at all from the USA with not even a meal or drinks and I have flown economy, which is smarter because you don't get much difference for how much more you have to pay.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 November 2014 by M Smith    (Canada)

This is the worst ever airline I have had the misfortune of flying. My husband didn't even have enough room to sit with his legs in the seat. He is 6'3". Had to sit with his legs in the aisle. The seats have a slant so that you cannot sit comfortably. The seat in front of us was in our face it is so close. This flight to Europe had food that made plastic taste good. Breakfast! A joke. There is absolutely no entertainment? Well, unless you wanted to rent an iPad. If I could rate less than one star, I would.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Jorgenson    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flight 1914/1915, Sep 2014. Air Canada rouge is the worst experience I've had on an airline. I am a loyal Air Canada customer and have been flying with "status" for over 12 years, and just recently flew Toronto-Barcelona in their "premium economy". The seats are incredibly hard, close together and barely recline. The service is both minimal and terrible with undertrained staff who have to read the "directions" out of a book when they do the announcements. They barely served the economy customers at all, and spent most of their time in the front. I will choose another airline rather than fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Shoshana Orner    (Canada)

October 5, AC 1900. I was flying from Toronto to Athens and I can only eat kosher food. When I booked, I made sure to tick off that I needed kosher food and I called the day before my flight to confirm. Yet, when I got on the plane, they had no kosher food to speak of for me. The stewardess was completely cold and didn't even attempt to make any accommodations. I was very upset because I had a 12 hour stopover in Athens with no food, on top of a 10-hour flight. I was very unimpressed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by R McLaughlin    (Canada)

We flew Toronto to Dublin, when booking the flight it was simply Air Canada, it wasn't until we were boarding we saw the air hostesses wearing those ridiculous trilby hats that I realised something wasn't quite right. Safe to say the worst flight I have been on. Very unprofessional staff, the food was cold and horrible. Neither me nor my boyfriend ate it. The planes are very cramped and the seats are terribly uncomfortable. I definitely would not recommend them for a long haul flight. I paid $1200 to be squished in a seat for almost 8 hours with a rented tablet and a headphone dock that didn't work. Also, when you usually travel with any airline you expect a certain level of professionalism in how the staff not only act but how they dress, Air Canada Rouge staff look very scruffy. Shirts untucked, unbuttoned, as I said ridiculous hats, just not what you would usually expect-but maybe that last part is just me!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Cox Robert    (Canada)

Very surprised, wrote a negative review just a few months ago. Took same flight in November and it has changed very much for the better. New aircraft, 767, great leg room (was my biggest beef in first review), very comfortable flight. Crew were professional, plane was on time, and the plane was in GREAT shape. They honoured seat selection and made check in easy. We enjoy going to Cancun a few times each winter and I am glad they changed the leg room for better.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Niwa Greg    (Canada)

A319, YYC to LAS return - the most uncomfortable aircraft I have ever flown in. With my seat back upright and the person in front of me reclined it 13 inches from his seatback to my nose - you don't have to think too hard to guess what the leg room was like. It amazes me to what lengths these airlines go in cramming seats into claustrophobia situations and people just take it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Nott Sonya    (Canada)

My husband is just over 6 feet tall. Not abnormally tall for a man. He had the centre seat in economy and he was not able to sit with his knees in front of his body. I can't believe that air travel has stooped to such an amazing low. We flew home from San Francisco - not even a candy to pass around the cabin. Pretty sad and cheap. The staff, while pleasant enough, couldn't rattle off the safety spiel fast enough. I really do despair at how low air travel has fallen. Maybe the price does need to go up because this competitive cheap pricing just makes me want to spend any vacation I have at home.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Laarni Hall    (Canada)

By far the most uncomfortable flight I've experienced! Flew to Phoenix and back on same plane last week. Not much leg room. Tough to get out. Didn't recline seat because it will give rear passenger even less space. Felt bad for people above 5' and people with disabilities. Entertainment not worth it. Movies were outdated. Won't fly Air Canada if this is their new way of flying. Will go for West Jet!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Jon Walker    (Canada)

Very disappointed with Air Canada Rouge. I thought that after reading the negative reviews online before our travels, it would surely not be that bad, but alas, our experience was as disappointing as the many previous reviews. If you are hoping that Rouge will 'get you into the mood' for your vacation, then you should seriously think about choosing a different carrier. Flew YYZ to LAS on Nov 6th 2014 on a 767. Nothing has been updated on this aircraft, except for the new thinner seats. Leg space is inadequate. The carpet looked like it had not been cleaned. Reading lights did not work, and after asking two crew members why not, the response was 'not sure'. The poor people in the rows ahead reading lights stayed on the entire flight, and could not be turned off. Inflight movie and TV selection is very poor, and only available on your mobile device, otherwise $10 to rent an iPad. Being a proud Canadian, this is not an airline that makes me proud at all. A Star Alliance member offering this product, really? You can do better. I will certainly not book on Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Jo-Anne Gagner    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Paid for first class but we just had an empty seat between my husband and I. We feel like we were mislead and very dissatisfied with the quality of the service. Letting me use an ipad for a few hours was not worth the extra hundred's of dollars.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Trites    (Canada)

The worst long distance flight I have experienced - Toronto to Venice (flew Air Canada from Vancouver to Toronto). The trip from Toronto could not have been more unpleasant from staff to seating, entertainment and meals. Unable to see steward giving safety information (no video equipment). Dinner was delivered, consisting of pasta which had freezer burn with a tough and flavourless beef stew on top. No choices. Drinks were not offered. Managed to get some water. Breakfast was 1/2 piece of banana loaf. Coffee came in tiny cups - no refills ever offered even after request. Seats cramped - no personal control of air conditioning, etc. Very cold in our section. If I had wanted to watch anything I would have had to rent an I-pad for $10, since I do not own one. Crew seemed to do a required task and then totally disappear. They were not, in any way gracious, or helpful. My carry on was specifically purchased to meet all the restrictions of this flight but could not fit either under the seat or in the overhead bin. I could have done this flight on another airline and wish to heaven I had - the cost would have been the same or at most only very little more. Never again! I have tried, over the years, to be a supporter of Air Canada and although I have had some flights which were less than advertised, this one was unbelievably awful and Air Canada does not deserve any kudos for their 'discount' (not) airline!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by P Gallagher    (Ireland)

Dublin to Toronto return. Okay the seats aren't the most comfortable in the world, too thin and seem to lean slightly too far forward but otherwise I had no issues and my back survived both ways. There is less space overall on the plane compared to other transatlantic flights but I was still able to get up and walk around. I was aware before hand that you needed an iPad to watch the inflight entertainment so I had books etc with me instead. The food is the best airline food I've had on any flight. The staff were pleasant and polite and in dealing with one passenger, with special needs on the return flight, were the best I've seen on any airline. I would fly with them again. In addition, unlike certain airlines - the staff were up and down the aisles frequently with extra water for passengers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by R Paquette    (Canada)

Hands down the worst airline I've ever flown on. I spent $1000 (hardly low cost) to fly one way from Las Vegas to Toronto and even at 5'8 this is beyond uncomfortable, I felt like the person in front of me was sitting on my lap and I could not even open my computer on the table. The service is similar to going into a restaurant where they are on day one of training. As a Super Elite member I truly hope Air Canada rethinks this strategy or they are certain to lose business travellers. I hear they are going to Vancouver/Calgary now as well, I am not sure how those are vacation destinations.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Trent Colette    (Canada)

I flew from Montreal to Barcelona on October 8. The seats were so uncomfortable. Not having a screen is really unpleasant since the space is so limited that even holding an iPad becomes difficult. The hot meal was quite good although it is really trimmed down to the bare essentials. Cheap cellophane wrapped piece of cake that is meant to be breakfast! Were is the juice? The yogurt? The fruit? Really pitiful. I will not fly Rouge again if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Mannila    (Canada)

YEG-BCN. Return flight late - 8 hours. Service poor - lack of professionalism, no attention to detail. International flight and I had to pay for wine with a poor dinner. Poor selection of entertainment and tiny seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 November 2014 by J Berliner    (Canada)

Toronto to Athens in July 2014. Narrow , hard and uncomfortable seats. Only older movies available on the in flight entertainment system using your own ipad. Cost of flight was comparable to going Air Canada and Lufthansa or Aegean with a connection, so Rouge is definitely not a low cost airline. Not sure what AC's strategy is .Only benefit was that it was a direct flight, rather than having to connect. Would not fly Rouge again, other than perhaps on a 3 hour flight to Florida. Never again on a long haul flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Marian Wadhams    (Canada)

Oct 19 - Toronto-Dublin, Flight 1908. Oct 31 - Dublin-Toronto - Flight 1909. Outbound flight was not very pleasant, staff didn't seem to care. Food was terrible. Terminal One not user-friendly, i.e. very little staff presence to assist with machines and gate direction. Was sent all around the terminal to another security checkpoint - by most unfriendly personnel who were quite impatient. Shops are very high end and expensive. Range from a glorified newsagent to Gucci and Victoria Secret shops. Other terminals have good quality T-shirts, sweat shirts, souvenirs, etc. at reasonable prices. I paid $15 for a small glass of wine. Absolutely ridiculous! Inbound flight was entirely different. Staff was very friendly, helpful and cheerful. Food wasn't too bad - but not the greatest. Noticed flight attendants were more on the ball and seemed to enjoy their work. An opportunity for In Flight Duty Free Shopping would have been nice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Athar Afzal    (Canada)

First time on AC Rouge on March 2014. At check-in the kiosk wasn't working when I placed my CC in for the extra bag, had to queue which had only 1 agent for everybody - later I found out the kiosks weren't working for anybody. At check-in the agent told me I have a standby boarding pass and the 'SSSS' on it means that I had been randomly selected for extra scrutiny. At the gate the agent called me up and gave me a seat and I asked may I have another she ignored the inquiry and said that's the only one and walked away rudely. My seat in the last row didn't recline. Entertainment system does not with android devices. During the drinks service due to turbulence they stopped serving at the last 5-6 rows and didn't bother to come back when it stopped. I asked for coffee which was served cold. In short, I'm not quite sure what the purpose of AC Rouge is - to offer lower fares? The amount we paid for the ticket and the high cost to change - what value are we getting?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Jacquie Wilson    (Canada)

Toronto to Phoenix flight on Rouge. Nice staff but rotten plane. Made my way to my aisle seat and found the middle seat was taken a very big man. He had the arm rest up because he had trouble sitting in the seat. I asked politely to put the arm rest down. He spilled over the arm rest into my seat. I could see he was very uncomfortable and now I was uncomfortable as I only had half my seat and leg room. Requested another seat with attendant but no other seats available. What a long 5 hours. What is Air Canada doing with these Rouge planes. Entertainment on iPads is terrible. Where did all the new movies go?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by T Turpin    (Canada)

Very disappointed Air Canada rouge. No entertainment systems! Surprised we had to provide our own iPads but really no big deal. Selection of movies to watch is poor. Such cramped leg room for economy passengers, I'm only 5'10 and couldn't sit far enough back in seat without knees digging in to seat in front of me, couldn't wait to land so I could stand up. Most uncomfortable flight ever. Some complimentary drinks but no free snack either.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by May Wesley    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I am a larger than average man. The seats on my flight were completely inadequate. The flight from YYZ to PHX is 4.30 long. Installing the same seats as economy and blocking one off does allow for the ergonomic support I require. Surprised upon boarding and very upset with the experience. I hope the larger seats will come back. Hope changes on this route are forthcoming or I will look for other alternatives.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by M Deilecx    (Canada)

I have been flying rouge pretty much every week from YVR to SFO. Fares have been ridiculously high (more then 550$ each way for a 2 hour flight). Thus, this is not a low cost carrier but they still want to provide a LCC service and discomfort. The only thing saving this airline is the crew. They are usually friendly. Seats are extremely close to each other to the point that most people can't fit (I am pretty slim and only 5'10"). In addition, rouge plus is not worth the extra money (no AVOD and normal economy class seat).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by Sheila Gallagher    (Ireland)

Dublin to Toronto. I found the flight fine. There are two problems with this airline, lack of leg room and the lack of seat back screens. As I'm not that tall the lack of leg room didn't bother me but can see a problem if you are. I downloaded the app onto my ipad. The films were outdated so wouldn't bother with that. The staff were friendly and professional. The food was nice for airline food. Overall I enjoyed my flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by T Harding    (UK)

Flew Dublin to Toronto return - flights very busy but despite that check-in and crew were calm, polite and efficient both ways. Space is no worse than many other airlines and food also comparable. The iPad system worked well - and gives better control / screen than many other seat back systems. My only complaint would be other passengers being late to the gate with large pieces of hand luggage!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Jean-Guy Godard    (Canada)

My first time flying AC Rouge and AC since 2008. October 18 from Dorval flight 1820 to Cancun. Delayed 4 hours due to mechanical defect. After more than 2 hours, the replacement part was not compatible, so we were instructed that we will change planes. Did not mind this, as safety is important and mechanical parts do brake. So we were moved to an airport bus and communication stops, waiting, observing, but nobody was telling us what was going on. Almost 2 hours goes by before we're ready to go. Two hours into the flight we're hoping to eat but by row 15, they ran out of meals. Nobody thought of getting additional meals (as it took 4 hours before taking off), as AC Rouge do not carry a meal for every passenger. So after 8 hours and 15 minutes, we land into Cancun. A little hungry! Staff were somewhat smiling, no one thought of explaining what they were up against. You know we could have been more understanding with some explanation. The return 1821 was better, I just brought my bag of chips just in case.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Loewen Marion    (Canada)

On Monday, Oct. 6, 3 friends and I took Air Canada Rouge, #1909, from Dublin to Toronto. We sat in seats 30CA and 31CA. As soon as the plane taxied off we noticed the reading lights did not work. Since there were no screens on the seats in front of us there was not much to do except read, which we could scarcely do since it was so dark. Then it got colder and colder. We noticed it was nice and warm further back in the plane but really cold where we were. The blankets were so thin they did not help. It was quite uncomfortable. I suggest something has to be done about that uneven heating system. All told, it was a most unenjoyable flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by A Berry    (Canada)

Seat was hard, thin padding, and armrest controls were annoying, bare cabin. Seat not wide enough for thighs to rest on and I am 5,3. Seats very close together. Crew were kind. We flew from Toronto to Dublin, and I would not use this airline again. We tried to contact the airline to upgrade in case we were on Rouge to return, and could not reach them overnight in Dublin but fortunately we took a regular Air Canada from Heathrow to Vancouver - Heathrow not greatest airport for flight changes, with heavy security.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Mitchel Tree    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Vancouver (round trip). Crew were friendly. Plan ahead and download Air Canada app so you can watch free stuff on your iPad. We brought our 6 year old son. He sat in the middle of three seats which made the flight more enjoyable since leg room was cramped.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by D Lobson    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada Rouge from Vancouver/Canada to LA/USA and then Las Vegas to Vancouver. Whoever designed this airplane seating plan should have been designing Sardine cans. At 5 feet-11.5 inches tall it was brutal with absolutely no leg room with the seat in front of me indenting my knee-caps. Both trips were the same (brutal). The only saving moment was my seat was an aisle seat allowing me to figet with one leg in the aisle. I'm never flying Rouge again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by L Bougie    (Canada)

YUL to Athens, flight 1902, 14/08/30. Athens to YUL, flight AC1903, 14/09/20. We flew from Montreal to Athens last month. We were very disappointed by the flight services, the food and by the entertainment system. That was a 9 hours flight. Never again. A mistake to take Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by J Tomlin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We flew Montreal to Rome, Oct 4th and back Oct 18th. We found Premium Rouge very good. Food going to Rome was good, food on the return flight was excellent! We had no problems with the free iPad and the movies were up to date. In fact we liked using the iPad! Seats were roomy. Check in staff were good. Priority boarding for Premium Rouge was good. Staff both flights were excellent and attentive. Would definitely fly Rouge again but would book Premium Economy.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by B MacKenzie    (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to LAX. Started to feel anxious once I sat in the seat and felt like I was in a straight jacket. My first thought was, "how can an Airline treat it's paying customers like this". I am 5'10" and could not sit with my legs together as they would bump into the seat in front of me. I didn't care about the lack of food or entertainment because it was a short flight. I would be concerned about Deep Vein Thrombosis if I was on a longer flight. I will never fly Air Canada Rouge again unless it is in the Premium section.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Vick Grewal    (Canada)

Flew Rouge from YVR to LAX. Unfriendly cabin crew, cramped seats and horrible service staff made this the worst experience I've had flying in a long time. I've heard of road rage, but this almost gave me the first case of flight rage. Avoid them at all costs, don't even think about them for transatlantic or flights >3 hours.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by P Fox    (Canada)

My husband and I flew A/C Rouge from Toronto to Dublin on Oct 7 and from Dublin to Toronto Oct. 20. We were pleasantly surprised. We had heard that there was little leg room, no screens and no meal. But we found the seating room was fine. We took our iPads, so that was fine. We had a meal on the way over and a meal and snack on the way back. The crew was pleasant as well. Our only complaint is that people are allowed too much carry on. We had no room when we got on, so the attendant took my carry on to the other side of the plane. I wish that could be more strictly regulated. Otherwise the flight was very good.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by P Whiklo    (Canada)

We recently flew to Athens from Toronto through Air Canada Vacations. Although the planes were new both going and coming home, and the staff were friendly and professional, we have never been more uncomfortable on a plane. The flight home was full and our seats were in the last row of the middle section with the bathrooms behind, so we couldn't even recline our seats (the extra 4 inches). We are both tall and it was an agonizing 10 1/2 hour flight. I believe Rouge would be okay for short domestic flights, but not the long flight we had to Athens.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by R Pinkus    (Canada)

Air Canada rouge got it right when they claimed that "You've never flown leisure like this before."b What an unbelievably horrible - and expensive - travel experience. Air Canada's attempt to save money is clearly "charge the same high fare for bare-bones travel". In short, there's not much more that I can say that hasn't already been said but here it goes: - Cheaply made and poorly designed seats that are so tightly packed together that anyone taller than 4'8" is going to be uncomfortable. - Brand new flight attendants who bad-mouth their employer in the back of the cabin in front of customers. - Surly customer service reps at the airports - obviously dealing with the stress of unhappy customers. - Bare-bones service overall.I flew non-stop from Toronto to San Diego, and this was my first and will be my last trip ever on rouge. It may also be my last trip on Air Canada. Absolutely abysmal.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Walker Michael    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I have Florida flight passes. I don't think I will purchase again. Rouge is terrible. I would rather pay a little more and fly Air Canada. Like most frequent travellers think, Rouge is terrible and Air Canada should admit it was a terrible idea. The branding is terrible as are the attendant's outfits, the food is bad, the premium seats are uncomfortable. I can't imagine flying coach. The entertainment is a good idea if you offer premium movies and wifi to all.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Carol Radmore    (Canada)

September 30 2014 I flew home to Canada from Athens. It was an 11-hour flight and it was the worst flight I have flown. I did not know about Rouge. My flights were booked by an agent and I was not warned about the details of this economy-class flight. I did not know that there was no on-board entertainment and that I would have to rent an I-pad, or that the seats were cramped, and that I would have to pay for any alcoholic beverages. I am used to flying transatlantic on a regular Air Canada flight, to Heathrow or to Frankfurt, and those flights have been comfortable and enjoyable. This flight from Athens was a nightmare, crowded with uncooperative passengers who insisted on standing in the aisles, visiting with their friends and refusing to sit down when asked to do so when we hit turbulence. The staff did their best - they had my sympathy. I will continue to fly Air Canada but never Rouge again. When I can, I will fly transatlantic on European carriers out of Montreal (Air France or KLM). WestJet has my vote for trans-Canada travel. I am disappointed with Air Canada, and with my travel agent as well. I don't know that this flight was any cheaper and I would have liked to have been warned about what to expect and given the chance to say an emphatic no.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Clarence Byrd    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

On boarding a flight from Tampa I was shocked to find that what this airline calls business class consists of placing you in an economy sized seat with standard leg room. The only extra feature was that an empty seat was left between A and C. I fly business class largely to acquire a larger and more comfortable seat. With Rouge, you pay for business class seats but you do not get them. Further, you are not warned of this when you book your flight. The information provided indicates no difference between Rouge business class seats and regular business class seats. This is a deceptive practice and Air Canada should be required to post proper information on this matter. In any case, I will never consider using Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Steve Alexander    (Canada)

We recently flew Toronto to Dublin, booked through RBC rewards. I have flown AC for 30+ years. This was my first and last Rouge flight. I received a meal as a diabetic, my wife didn't get any food at all on a 6 hour flight. Fortunately, we hit a Tim Horton's a leaving Toronto. I hadn't informed myself of the no entertainment options or I would have brought my iPad. Food service for my wife was a dry bagel and water. Not the best start to a dream vacation. If my return portion of the flight was on Rouge, I would just have stayed in Europe. Fortunately, it was on Lufthansa with decent entertainment options and two meals, free wine, and snacks. Never again, as many reviewers have said.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Watts    (Canada)

I was very disappointed in my latest flight on Air Canada Rouge from Dublin to Toronto on October 6 2014. The plane had no reading lights for the entire flight. Also the seat I sat in was very cold as cold air blew over it for the entire flight. The problem seemed to affect only 2 or 3 rows so no adjustment could be made. The attendants brought several people an extra blanket but they ran out so I did not even have that comfort. It was an extremely uncomfortable flight for over 7 hours. I will do my best to avoid Air Canada Rouge flights in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Dee Aycock    (USA)

This was my first time with this airline and I flew LAX to Vancouver. The seats were shockingly tight both in width and in distance from the seat in front. The person in front of me reclined and my face was inches from the back of their seat. I didn't recline because I thought it would be incredibly rude to the person behind me since I already could feel their knees in my back. I couldn't cross my legs the entire trip. After 2+ hours this experience could easily become unbearable. I see air rage in their future. Luckily for me, no one sat in the middle seat so the passenger in the aisle and I used that seat to lower the tray and it helped our spill over since the width is so narrow. I am 5'5 and 130 lbs. The space was too small for me! I travel frequently for work. This will be the first time I will complain about an airline and the first time I refuse to travel on an airline. I heard the company was able to jam an extra 11 rows through this configuration. Shame on them.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by W Ferdinand    (Canada)

Air Canada 1865, MCO-YYZ, May 4 2014. Avoid Air Canada Rouge like the plague. The seats are so cramped that at 5'7" I cannot sit without cramping up my legs. There is no entertainment unless you pay exorbitant rental fees. No room for your computer. No food. The person next to you must place their elbows in your face because they have no room either. Being ScRouged is the worst airline experience ever.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Leonardo Grimaldi    (Canada)

I flew Toronto-Phoenix and I'm still regretting it. Not only the price wasn't competitive (around CAD 800), it was the least comfortable flight I've taken in the past 5 years (and I travel roughly once a month). There is no legroom, no inflight entertainment, no snacks. You have to bring your own device to entertain yourself, but on a 5 hour flight that is impossible given that they don't even provide power to recharge your laptop. The options available aren't good either. TV show reruns and movie classics. Nothing you haven't watched at home on a Sunday. This airline proves we'll end up being stacked on top of each other like boxes during flights soon so they can increase their revenue.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Attwood    (Canada)

I recently travelled with my husband on Air Canada Rouge and was not pleased by the experience. My husband is 6'2 and his knees hit the seat in front of him and that was before the lady in front reclined! She should be allowed to recline as that's the type of seats that the airline claims to be selling but it shouldn't have been at the price of the person sitting behind her. If you didn't recline, seats were very rigid and uncomfortable. Staff were ok but that was the only decent thing about the flight. Unfortunately this airline apparently tries to save weight by choosing not to stock their food and drink selection so the flight attendants weren't actually able to meet most peoples request. People were very frustrated by the cramped space, limited food and overall crummy flight and some took it out on the flight attendants. This airline obviously cares as little about their employees as their customers since they choose to put their flight attendants in these situations. We called ahead of time to try and switch airlines since we originally booked with Air Canada's regular airline and wanted what we had initially booked. The lady on the phone assured us that the reviews on here were false and the Rouge service was the same as their regular service. Absolutely not true and I do not intend to fly with Air Canada Rouge ever again if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by R Pinkus    (Canada)

Abysmal. Where do I start? 1) This is their "Luxury Class" airline? I'd like to see their definition of "luxury", because while mine might include massages and such, having my backside massaged for five hours by the knees of the tall guy in the seat behind mine (through the cheap seat) isn't what I had in mind. 2) Service? For one, they don't actually have much service, other than basic drinks and bad food (must be purchased). The flight attendants are really young. The outbound crew spent most of the time in the back, bitching about their schedulers and how horrid it is to work for the airline. 3) Comfort? I'm short. Just shy of 5'2". I've been on amusement park rides that lock me in less securely than I was on my "rouge" flights. Seriously. When the person in front of my reclined, I was locked in for hours, and didn't even have access to my items on the floor in front of me. 4) Flight options? Surprise! The only non-stop flight to my destination was on rouge. Cheap seats for an expensive flight. (Even more expensive because I was using a previously unused ticket, that first required a 90 min wait to even talk to an AC rep, and then required a $235 surcharge to change and included a loss of several hundred $, that I think could have been used towards Business Class for at least one direction.) Worse customer service ever. In short, never again. This is a hypocritical "hip" new service that is best avoided at all cost. What an embarrassment. I will avoid Air Canada - and Air Canada rouge - at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by I Solar    (Chile)

I initially booked an Air Canada flight (LAX-YVR return) but after a while I was told by e-mail that my itinerary had been changed to Air Canada Rouge. Fortunately the timing of the flights was similar to those I booked. The flight was OK, but the seating was too tight (and I am not a tall person).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by L Dussault    (Canada)

Round-trip Montreal-Rome in Premium Rouge on the B767, on one of the 2 non refurbished B767 with only 3 rows (instead of 4) - older seats but more legroom. Very satisfied with trip overall - lots of legroom, food was good, got some sleep in the recliner style seat, service was good overall - just some minor issues / inconsistencies that you don't see on mainline. The leg rest and footrest were useless for me because I am tall. The big pillow added the lumbar support. Great value for price paid. Of course, not a flatbed like business class but also not the same price! So for me, I would not hesitate to take again premium rouge on the B767. I would also strongly consider trying the premium economy section on mainline 787 and 777HD after my experience on rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Fabian Chapple    (USA)

Seats are narrow and hard .If you are taller than 5ft 8 then your knees will be jammed into the row in front of you. Unreal and no entertainment TV, nothing on a 5-6 hour flight. Class act have been flying AC for 29 years and never knew rouge was 3rd rate flight at best. Avoid at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Kean    (Canada)

Had my first experience with Air Canada Rouge and will never use it again. It was by far the worst flight experience I have ever had. The cabin was extremely cramped and my knees were stuck in the back of the passenger in front of me for the entire flight. The check in girl was no treat either. It is a new low for Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Attwood Alyssa    (Canada)

I recently travelled with my husband on Air Canada Rouge and was not pleased by the experience. My husband is 6'2 and his knees hit the seat in front of him and that was before the lady in front reclined! She should be allowed to recline as that's the type of seats that the airline claims to be selling but it shouldn't have been at the price of the person sitting behind her. If you didn't recline, seats were very rigid and uncomfortable. Staff were OK but that was the only decent thing about the flight. Unfortunately this airline apparently tries to save weight by choosing not to stock their food and drink selection so the flight attendants weren't actually able to meet most peoples request. People were very frustrated by the cramped space, limited food and overall crummy flight and some took it out on the flight attendants. This airline obviously cares as little about their employees as their customers since they choose to put their flight attendants in these situations. We called ahead of time to try and switch airlines since we originally booked with Air Canada's regular airline and wanted what we had initially booked. The lady on the phone assured us that the reviews on here were false and the Rouge service was the same as their regular service. Absolutely not true and I do not intend to fly with Air Canada Rouge ever again if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by J Forsythe    (Canada)

We recently took an Air Canada Rouge flight from Edinburgh to Toronto . We had read many negative reviews but decided to try Rouge because it was a direct flight. For the most part we were pleasantly surprised. We found the flight attendants to be very efficient and professional. As far as the seats and configuration, we agree with others that it is pretty crowded and there is not much legroom. The rented iPad worked well for the inflight entertainment system. While our overall experience was positive we think that there should be a far greater fare difference for Rouge flights compared to regular Air Canada service. If this is to be a discount airline the fares should reflect this. Because of this we would prefer to use full service carriers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by M Darwish    (Canada)

Traveled to Las Vegas last week on Rouge for the 1st and last time. I am 6' tall and do not fit in the seat as my knees were pushing into the back of the passenger ahead of me. This passenger seated in the seat ahead of me, was upset at the fact my knees were in her back, but after getting up and looking at my predicament, was understanding of the situation. The flight I was on was full of people partying. Instead of trying to subdue the rowdiness, the Rouge flight attendants were joining the party. I finally looked at the attendant and asked her to keep her voice down and it would be nice if she would ask the other passengers to do the same. She looked at me as if I was doing something wrong. I was sitting on the aisle, my companion next to me in the middle and a young man in the window seat who never actually sat in his seat, but instead on the arm rest facing us with his feet on the seat and yelling loudly to all his friends sitting around us. The Rouge staff never once asked him to calm down and actually were laughing and joking with him and his friends. FYI, this was a night flight which normally would have been a flight where catching a nap for a few hours would have been normal. It was so loud, I could not hear the movie I was watching with my head phones. In future I will never fly Rouge again. I would rather take a different airline with a stop over than this direct flight again! Extremely disappointing!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by D Stevens    (Canada)

I have flown rouge 2 times, once to Nassau and once to Sarasota. I am 6 foot 1, and cannot sit in a normal position in the seats. I have to sit down into the seat and then twist my knees either to the left or right. That is the only position that I am able to sit in during the flight, and that is assuming the person in front of me does not recline the seat. If that happens yours knees will be crushed. For short haul flights like these (3hrs) you can suck it up, for a great price, unfortunately I have been flying these routes for years and the fares are exactly the same as they were regular with Air Canada mainline. This is a scam and they are making an enormous amount of money off passengers like us that have decided to pay the same fares yet give up comfort, entertainment, and sanity! The thing is that this will not last, over time more and more passengers will see what rouge has to offer and avoid it at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by D Vukits    (USA)

Terrible experience: 10 hours to Athens from Montreal. No video screens, rude flight attendants. Minimal food and beverage. Avoid this airline at all cost.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Vasiliki Chios    (Canada)

Flew from Montreal to Athens. The plane was very new and clean, I had one of the most relaxing trips because the plane was empty if all the seats were taken I am sure my experience will be very different. The staff were not bad but after dinner no one saw them until breakfast. I found the cabin air very dry and the staff not once offered water or any other liquid. If the plane was not as full maybe I will fly them again. My trip satisfaction rate is high because the plane was empty and I had three seats to myself.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Bernier Jean    (Canada)

I travel extensively. I am gold/platinum on both United and Delta. Recently moved back to Canada after living in US for 3.5 years. Have been dismayed by Air Canada, both by the high prices and poor service. But the worst is AC Rouge. Just travelled 2 trips, one to Las Vegas and the other to Orlando. The first was in "premium" class the other in economy. Both have been among my worst flights in each category. Even surprised regulations allow such cramped seats in economy. I will do everything to avoid Rouge in the future, even if it means making a connection as opposed to a direct flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Wood William    (UK)

Premium Rouge

I flew Manchester - Toronto then onto Charlotte, plane was late arriving Toronto and missed connection. I was told I would have to fly to Baltimore to get connection next morning. By the time I got to the hotel I had been travelling 23 hrs since leaving home. My luggage did not arrive in Baltimore despite being told it would be there when I arrived. I rang air Canada luggage services from Baltimore and was told there was no record of my luggage tag on their system and it should be in Charlotte when I arrive, it was not, by chance I was in the airport to meet a customer the following day and it was being pushed on a trolley so could claim it. I know these things happen but it is the total lack of any care or response from Air Canada that is my gripe. Premier seats were good both ways, food was ok, ipad idea does not work, where do you put them when drinks /food arrives, maybe Velcro on back of seat would help so it can be suspended and does not need to be held.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Fontana McGirr    (Canada)

We usually fly to Vegas via Montreal. We live in Ottawa and there are very few direct flights. This time we went via Toronto to Vegas. We flew Rouge. What a disappointment! The planes are old. There is no PTV and if you do rent an iPad, the movies featured are old. The overhead luggage compartment was full, so some people were asked to check their luggage because it would not fit. Luckily we had booked seats in front so we had good leg room. The flight attendants were very attentive but you could tell they lacked the experience of the veteran flight attendants. When we returned from Toronto to Ottawa, we flew a regular Air Canada flight and you could tell the difference. What has happened to Air Canada?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 October 2014 by S Furlotte    (Canada)

We flew Rouge from Toronto to Venice because it was a direct flight. The outbound plane was older, and the seats are definitely too small, and too close together. God help you if you had someone in front of you that wanted to recline! The crew however, were young, and more friendly than most we've had in a long time. Seemed to be more flight attendants also. Our return trip was on a newer plane, and the crew were again, very friendly and helpful, but the seating was the same. People need more room!. We were aware of the inflight entertainment option with iPads, but were surprised at the few, old movie choices, and offerings. These flights were too long to have such limited entertainment. I'm glad that AC has changed its mind about Rouge to Barbados.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 October 2014 by T Carter    (Canada)

San Diego on September 30, 2014 and returned to Toronto on October 6th. On the positive side the flight left on time and the crew was pleasant and tried to accommodate passenger requests. We sat in row 25 and by the time the crew made it to that row much of the food selection was sold out, however, the crew offered the few items left in the carts and were very accommodating. My key issue is seating space. I am 6 foot 1 inch tall and thin. As you can imagine getting into those Rouge seats was an issue and sitting in that cramp space for over 5 hours proved to be very uncomfortable. They really need to put a “warning” on the booking site to say that “Rouge seats will not accommodate passengers over 6 feet tall”. Sorry to say, but this will be our last Rouge flight and I will be sure to let family, friends and acquaintances know how tight the seating is and to avoid at all cost. I just can’t imagine surviving a trip overseas.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by S Blomfield    (Canada)

Travelled Toronto to Athens and return on this cut-rate airline that has cut everything but the rates. Staff members on both flights, with one exception, were disengaged, disinterested and at times downright rude to passengers. I am determined never to travel Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Monaghan    (Canada)

Very cramped space. No leg room unless you upgrade your seat or are in an exit row. The seats are narrow and uncomfortable. I would never recommend rouge. If the flights were really cheap I would understand that these are trade-offs. The only saving grace is that the flight attendants were very friendly and professional.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Siobhan O'Connell    (Canada)

I am a regular AC traveller Vancouver to wherever x 25 years. I had my first Rouge experience this week to Dublin, and was shocked and disgusted with all aspects of the flight. Staff seem to have been selected from Tim Hortons lineup and given camp counsellor training. With an average age of 21, I would not trust them to lead me out of my house much less off an airplane. Food inedible, seats hard and tight, and what an insult to not be told that there was no entertainment system onboard, and a charge for a glass of wine. When I complained I was told that AC always charges for wine which is not the case on the regular long haul flights. Take offence when extra charges are sprung on me (iPad). I paid same as I would have for route through Heathrow: never again a Rouge flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by H Giggi    (Canada)

I had my first and hopefully last Air Rouge trip - one way from Nassau. I'm a petite woman and I have never been so uncomfortable in a plane in spite of having an aisle seat. While it was slightly tolerable for the 3 hour flight I see that Rouge is also flying long-distance routes to places in Europe. I can't imagine being in those kind of cramped quarters for an extended flight of 8 or 9 hours. I'll fly WestJet on the Nassau route next time or an American flight through Miami. The entertainment choices were extremely limited on the iPad. I would have been happy to use aeroplan points and book the equivalent of business on Rouge but the seats are not available to Aeroplan. I called the redemption center to ask for an explanation about the Rouge flights and I was told by the customer service agent that they get many complaints about Rouge all the time. Air Canada needs to seriously reconsider their services and the routes they put these planes on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Wenda Montgomery    (Canada)

Booked my flight to Phoenix with the aircraft showing as a 320, only to discover when I received an itinerary change notification the equipment would be a rouge 319. My first flight with Rouge, what a dreadful experience - old aircraft, no leg room, even if you 'rent' an ipad, the entertainment options are dismal and no discount in the price. Having been a loyal supporter of Air Canada for many years with Super Elite/Elite status and having flown over 1-million miles I was extremely disappointed with the 'standard' that Air Canada is now offering under this brand for future travel, I will certainly we looking for other options when travelling to any destinations being serviced by Air Canada rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Thompson    (Canada)

Worst flight ever. No seat room, no leg room, cramped and uncomfortable. When the people behind use the seat pockets you feel it, if the passenger in front of you reclines its a disaster. The plane was full, AC has added about 25 additional seats to the A319 and made everyone uncomfortable. Rough landing at Toronto airport although the flight was early. I have yet to meet someone who claims rouge to be adequate. Stay away I will never fly rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by M Geoff    (Canada)

Having booked an Air Canada flight without regard to the specifics of AC Rouge, I quickly learned Air Canada "rouge" is basically charter airline discomfort at Air Canada standard airfares. Being 6'0" tall, the 29" economy seat pitch was outright miserable. My knees pressed against the seat in front of me even with proper upright seating posture. Sleeping on the red-eye return from Las Vegas to Montreal was near impossible due to cramped seating environment. The rest of the flight was uneventful-on time, food for purchase, and luggage made it undamaged. No in-flight entertainment TV's. Overall, in my opinion, Air Canada should segregate Rouge flight options from its standard ticketing engine and sell it separately as discount charter flights, because Rouge is on par with Sunwing, Air Transat, and Thomas Cook. Its bare bone, cattle class discount service is in a league well below Air Canada's normally high standards.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by K Grace    (Canada)

After reading many reviews, I was very apprehensive about our flight from Toronto to Montego Bay. The flights were on time and we found the staff, young, but professional. Maybe because we're not tall people we had enough leg room and didn't feel cramped. We also found the flights to be nice and quiet without the carts going up and down the aisle every little while. We ate before we got onboard and had snacks with us so that wasn't an issue. Would fly Air Canada Rouge again if the occasion presented itself.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by D Monahan    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is to be avoided. There is no leg room, the depth of the seat is short and seats are small in width. Staff are nice but hardly compensates for the discomfort. This is Air Canada's discount option but my fare was not discounted. Avoid!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Thompson    (Canada)

Stay away from Rouge. Nothing but discomfort and aggravation. Flew back from Vegas on Oct 6th the plane was full. No body room or leg room. If the passenger behind you puts something in the seat pocket you felt it. Your knees touch the seat in front of you. No inflight entertainment, only with an iPad and they rent them for $10.00. I will not fly them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Robert Crumb    (Canada)

You feel like your riding in a yellow school bus but with much less legroom. High seat backs, I'm 6' and my knees were pushed into the back of the seat in front of me. Flew from Toronto to San Diego for 5 hrs in beyond cramp conditions. There should be a law preventing such cruelty - the airfare wasn't any cheaper than non Rouge flights i.e. United, American, etc (you just don't see it's Rouge when you book AC).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by M Mack    (Canada)

I flew YYZ to PHX. Terrible flight. No leg room, no entertainment, no electrical outlets but the same price as before. I will fly any other option than AC Rouge from now on. I have been super elite on Air Canada for years and I feel somewhat betrayed. I flew BA to London last week because I'm so angry.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Sherman    (Canada)

I flew Rouge from Toronto to Phoenix despite the reviews. The reviews are correct. The biggest issue is the seat size. This is a good airline for children as they have enough legroom. For half the flight I stood in the galley because it hurt too much to sit in a 29 inch seat for 5 hours. There is also a problem with the inflight entertainment as it offers very little if you use an Apple product. Hopefully another carrier will provide some competition.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Doig John    (UK)

Premium Rouge

YYZ-EDI, 2 Oct 2014. Booked in Premium rouge, this being the fourth sampling of Rouge since they started operations in July 2013. I have read other reports on this forum about the negative comments about AC rouge, therefore there was an element of concern of what to expect! Premium rouge permits priority boarding at YYZ this was done efficiently. On boarding the aircraft it was clean and tidy with water and menus placed on the seat arms/dividers. The crew were young and friendly, they are not however as professional in service presentation as those on AC mainline. The safety announcements were fine, as they should be. The leg room in premium rouge is similar to that provided on AC mainline Executive class. I am 6’+ and I was comfortable for the overnight flight of 6hours +. A choice of chicken or a non-meat dish was provided for dinner with drinks included for the fare paid. Hot towels and linen for the tray tables are provided prior to the first meal service. Meal orders were taken shortly after departure along with offers of complimentary I pads for IFE. I did not bother with the I pad as I wanted to sleep after the dinner service which I managed to do for around 2 hours. About 1.5 hours before landing at EDI a small continental breakfast was serviced. The flight landed at EDI on time and with a carry-on bag I was though the airport in around 15 minutes after landing. Having experienced 2 AC mainline flights in Executive class immediately prior to this rouge flight, the rouge service stood up fairly well, hopefully the professionalism to service will follow with age. I am already considering AC rouge for future trips to North America, the real down side is that at present the EDI/YYZ service is only available mid June through early October.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Pamela Wells    (Canada)

Toronto to Greece with no in house entertainment is not a good thing. You can download entertainment app if you have iphone, ipad and they start at the front of the plane with limited ipad rentals. I am short but noticed the seats smaller and my husband definitely did. Flight crew great. We always fly AC but looking at flights to Barcelona and will not fly there with AC because Air Rouge is only option.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by E Williams    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Travelled to Las Vegas from Toronto. Paid the extra money for premium economy as it was a long flight. Luckily we got the row right behind business class and it felt a little roomier for the legs. Think we were luckier than the rest in premium economy for this reason only. God forbid if you had to go to the bathroom because you had to make your way down the narrow aisle to the back of the plane loaded with people waiting to use the bathroom. There is barely enough room to pass other people going the opposite direction. But people persist by squeezing past you nevertheless. We ordered 3 pizza slices and falafel wrap. The pizza was the worst. Paper thin. Nothing like the picture in the menu. Ate it because we weren't prepared with snacks of our own. I did find that the staff tried their best in these less than ideal conditions. They must have to deal with a lot of grumpy people on these flights. I guess a lot of people on the flight were up and about in plane as to avoid blood clots in legs. I was very thankful to finally leave the plane at our destination. I will seriously reconsider Air Canada Rouge for future flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Clarke    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew executive from Vancouver to Nassau on Air Canada (YVR to YYZ) then Rouge (YYZ to NAS). The Air Canada portion in a pod was 9 out of 10 as the food wasnt great. I braced myself for the downgrade partly from some seriously bad reviews on this website. I was pleasantly surprised to find the seats we not bad, food the same as Air Canada and the flight crew great. I thought Rouge was ok after all. Then came the return flight. We got to the airport only to find the flight had been cancelled and new flight would be 2 hours late. Then three, then four and here's where things went downhill. I was now not going to make my connection in Toronto back to Vancouver. I was advised by a lady who barely looked up that I was now booked on a red eye out of Toronto. I said I wouldn't fly an overnight flight and could I please book the first flight out in the morning. She said no at first but then came back and said I would have to fly coach - I said no as I had an executive ticket. She said it's an aeroplan booking and added if you had a paid for an Air Canada ticket she may have been able to help me. Flew to YYZ - went right to Air Canada relations. They listened and gave a sincere apology for my treatment in Nassau. They ask me when I wanted to leave and although they were unable to give me complimentary hotel stay in they did offer to get me a special rate. Flight home on Air Canada B777 perfect, breakfast was the best pancakes ever. Overall, Rouge not so bad but their handlers in Nassau were rude and disrespectful. Would I fly Rouge again? Probably but wish Air Canada would take back the route.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Deborah Vandewater    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We flew back to Toronto from Barcelona anticipating another good Rouge flight as was the outbound. The equipage was different and while the room (premium) was about the same, there was no outlet to plug into and the service was much less. As other reviewers have written- the staff spent a majority of their time behind their curtain in the forward cabin. They did their jobs- served towels, food and liquor, but otherwise you didn't see them very much. The buttons to recline the seat or put up the leg rest were very beaten up (I.e. Old) levers. Some seats worked - mine did not. So I would say your trip is really dictated by: A) the age of the plane and B) the hospitality factor of the attendants. One point in the attendants' favour is that they ran out of chicken on the flt back and switched crew meals to accommodate our choice. Guess Rouge needs more chicken for all the people coming home after a cruise as we start our diets! P.S. I borrowed one of their iPads as my mini kept cutting out on the first flight. Worked just fine and has a much bigger screen.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by I Redondo    (Canada)

Montreal to Rome Aug. 16 and Lisbon to Toronto September 14. Staff okay, they were pretty nice on the way to Rome, cheerfully indifferent from Lisbon to Toronto. Having to pay for an iPad and lack of Android app is not good. Seat pitch and lack of legroom horrid. Food was mixed: their main courses were totally inedible but wrap snack was okay. Not enough room on the overhead bins, where everything was squished, actually not enough room anywhere. Seriously total strangers were bonding over how cramped we all were. It's inhumane, really. And what was worse is that I paid regular AC prices! I don't know where those passengers who bought cheaper got their tickets, but I can tell you I've been rouged for the last time! I read that the AC CEO says that the problem is that passengers have to "adjust their expectations." I hope he'll soon need to adjust his. It was a horrid experience, and never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Lieberman    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Rouge 1898 & 1899 YVR-LAS and back. The only good thing about this experience was the fact that I was sitting in "Premium Rouge" and had some semblance of leg room on the A319 aircraft. I felt bad for the people in the back, cramped in like sardines. Ridiculous that they charge virtually the same as mainline flights for much less. Also ridiculous is that Rouge requires the same number of eUpgrades as mainline for a lot less in the J cabin. Flight attendants were more interested in chatting amongst themselves and their friends onboard, than looking after the rest of the passengers and they do not exude any confidence whatsoever. I highly recommend people avoid Rouge if at all possible!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by H Beattie    (Canada)

You don't even get a cracker with your drink, and the seats are narrow if you are over 5'6" or larger than a size M you will feel squished in your seat. No screens or power sources, so if you don't carry an Apple product they will "rent you one for a mere $10". At the very least when you book a flight on AC Rouge a window should pop up that advises you of these changes. No one likes a surprise and I didn't speak with one happy passenger. Needless to say the next flights we had booked, we've gone ahead and upgraded to their Premium Seats so Air Canada accomplished their goal - they got us to spend more. Westjet is looking pretty good right now.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Cowger    (Canada)

Like many others I feel that I was abused, maybe even cheated. I am a senior citizen, normally a trusting soul. Buyer beware. I booked an AC flight to Lisbon, and found that I was sent off on this substandard flight - never again. Thankfully the return flights were Lufthansa. What a difference. Worst to best. I am very unhappy with every aspect of the quality of this carrier. Others have already made similar comments - there seems no need to elaborate. Mostly I am unhappy at unwittingly being routed on this flight. Hopefully adding my name to the list of numerous other dissatisfied customers will prevent others from making this mistake. A mistake I will not repeat. Lufthansa or any other airline would be my future choice. As a Canadian, I could tolerate the normal AC second rate service, this has been more than anyone should be willing to accept.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Michael Walker    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I've had two flights with rouge. Never again. I was forced to use rouge with flight passes from Tampa and I will not purchase Air Canada flight passes again. Both times flights were late. The latest, a flight from Kingston Jamaica scheduled to leave at 2 pm left after 8 pm. There is no business class, food is terrible as is entertainment. Why not perfect your brand and let others fly Westjet or Transat - stop competing in this cheap flight service market. Hate to say it but I am going with American Airlines until Porter offers longer flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by S Mons    (Canada)

I have flown for over 20 years with Air Canada. However for the first time ever, I had a 4 hour flight from Phoenix to Toronto and I have never stepped foot into a plane that had such little leg room! I am 6'5" tall and I could not put both of my legs behind the seat in front of me. I was also surrounded by other men who were all over 6' tall and they all suffered from this. I will continue to fly Air Canada but only if it is not an AC Rouge flight. Unless AC changes their seat layout, I will start flying DELTA or American to the cities that Rouge flies to.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by B Eli    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew many times before on the YUL-LAS one way flight in economy and since they changed to Rouge just before this trip back in April 2014, I thought it was probably to satisfy a high demand for one way flights to LAS thus explaining the switch to a bigger plane. However, simply converting an old 767 plane into a "low cost carrier" for which the price was still the same as the previous 737 plane, I just can't say it was worth the upgrade to business class. OK, the seats are fine and so was the space, but to take away the personal in flight screen and all of the electrical outlets to be replaced with wifi and BYO Device? I wonder how many people got enough battery for 5 hours. Even though the tablet was included in business class, oh my lord the lack of entertainment choices! There was virtually nothing! As much as the food, rather disappointing but ok. My mimosa didn't have any alcohol and breakfast was as good as any economy food. Nice try AC to pass off a new low cost carrier by simply keeping all of the profits. Good thing people take notice into the type of aircraft they're paying for.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Primeau Georges    (USA)

I travel South from Canada twice a year. I always favored Air Canada for comfort, Entertainment, and the service. It bugged me a little when we had to pay for our meals, but it wasn't so bad. It was an excellent price-quality ratio. Last week, I've travelled Rouge. The staff were nice, but the rest was disappointing. I've travelled Air Cubana once, and I feel it was comparable to Rouge. The leg room is terrible, and the entertainment system is worst than awful, offering old movies at a high cost (10$ to rent the iPad and 5$ to access the movies). Rouge doesn't compare well to other budget airlines. Moreover, we've lost our best airline to the South.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 October 2014 by B Foster    (USA)

Booked a flight from Las Vegas to Quebec leaving at 11.30 pm arriving at 9.52 am. First leg was on Air Canada Rouge and the second was a turboprop plane. A week later double checked my reservation and found out that first flight had been cancelled and was booked on another Air Canada rouge. However, this time I was leaving at 12.15 pm arriving in Montreal and then had a 13 hour layover. I called Air Canada and asked if I was being put up in a hotel room for the night in Montreal. No was the answer. The agent really did not care at all. After much discussion I cancelled the reservation and asked for a confirmation email that I would get a full refund. Agent stated that it would not be a problem. When asking how long it will take for the refund he replied "Up to 3 weeks". 24 hours later I never did receive the email but the reservation had been cancelled. My suggestion is do not fly this airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Janet Smith    (USA)

Booked on "Air Canada" at a rather high cost from Montreal to San Diego. Discovered that "Rouge" was the carrier from Toronto onwards. Plane small, hot, crowded, all the usual complaints flyers have these days. Not even a bag of peanuts offered on a 4.5 hour flight, free water offered hourly, however. I have no objection personally to flying 'cattle class' when I have paid accordingly. This is outright highway robbery at over $300. one way on what I thought was a 'legacy' carrier. The cabin was overheated with no apparent way to improve the temperature or comfort level. Two lavs at rear of cabin appeared insufficient given the projected passenger load. The staff appeared eager, but inept in so many ways. I felt as though I was being attended to by the local fast food restaurant hostess: eager, chirpy but ill equipped for a real job. As is the current custom, constant nickel and diming along the way adds to flyer frustration, fortunately I can forgo the proffered toys at $10. a pop, but I do object to paying premium price on a cheap-0 carrier. Never again. (Date of Travel: Sept. 24th, flight 1847 - Toronto to San Diego non-stop).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Frank Barry    (Canada)

We flew AC Rouge to Venice on Aug 23 having paid for the extra leg room seats. The flight was good and the extra leg room was great. Having read many reviews complaining about the cramped seats. It would be nice if the cost of the extra leg room seats included a few extra perks (like priority boarding and/or free drinks) as $90 for a one way is a bit steep. The flight was good, excellent service. I was surprised that a flight to Italy did not have any announcements in Italian. The in-flight entertainment was OK on our iPhone and iPad. Although not "advertised" the USB plug on the arm rest came in handy for keeping our devices charged. There is also plug to be shared between the two seats by the window. Movie choices were OK but not as good as the mainline aircraft. I also really missed the flight data and maps that are available on most airlines.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by N Jean    (Canada)

Pro: Flight from Toronto (Canada) to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) and back safely and on time. Cons: No entertainment (ex. movies) on board, unless you have ipad, iPhone or Windows laptop. You can rent an iPad on the plane for 10$. Movies not compatible on Android systems. You had to pay for your food. Some beverages such as water, juice was provided for free though. No space between the economy seats. If your 6 foot and taller, unless your seated near the alley way, its very uncomfortable especially when the persons in front of you reclines their seat. The only reason we went with them, is because we saved 25% on our trip with our Airmiles. Don't get SCRouged by this airline, if possible choose another airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by K Ann    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to Montego Bay and return. Seats were cramped (I am 5'4" and my knees touched the seat in front of me), no entertainment unless you bring an iPad, service was minimal and no duty free offered on the return flight. This is definitely a no frills airline but you are paying full Air Canada price. Would never book with Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Thomas Bouchard    (Canada)

Excellent Flight and service. We travelled Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to Barcelona on 17 Sep 2014 and returned 28 Sep 2014. We originally had premium seating both ways, but we changed our arrival date and had to settle for economy. Prior to leaving, I read these reviews and was mortified and dreading our flight for 8.5 hours. We boarded the plane, it was clean, new and right off the bat, the staff were wonderful. Many reviews complain about the age of the staff? Why? They are extensively trained and I would rather travel with this crew than the stuffy old sky bags on other Air Canada flights. The leg room was perfectly fine in economy. I am 5'11" and 210 lbs. not a small lad and I was comfortable the entire way. As for air circulation, that is normally an issue on regular flights as you are always adjusting the flow and on overnight flights, there is a tendency to lower the pressure of air flow and turn up the temperature to make folks sleep. Not on this flight. The air flow was good, you could feel it, and it remained a comfortable constant. Meals were provided, which normally are not. Drinks were available as usual. As for the inflight entertainment, the IPad thing was perfectly fine, tons of options. We did not know about this, but if you read your itinerary email it tells you. Also, you can rent one of theirs for a small fee. Our return portion had us seated in the premium seating, just a little expense more, and again, more leg room, but really, it was perfectly fine. Better than United Air, which I will never fly again. This flight was great, we were comfortable. It is a budget flight as advertised and we would do it again. For those complaining, we have flown around the world, both on economy and first class and this flight was fine. I think they are complaining because that's what they like to do. Did not hear a single complaint from anyone on the entire flight. Air Canada Rouge is a hit. Thanks again to the wonderful flight staff for a great flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 October 2014 by P Campbell    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

SFO-YVR rerouted off cancelled United flight, as I have been avoiding AC Rouge on all of the Western Canada to California routes since they converted from mainline - I just can not do 29 inch pitch. On this A319 flight I used Altitude upgrades to Premium Rouge which is 6 across with middle seats blocked. Unfortunately I was assigned 1A which has 2 problems: (1) It is a bulkhead seat with less than 20 inches of room between the seat legs and the bulkhead, and (2) front row means tray tables stowed in the armrest so even though the middle seat was blocked, I was confined tightly into the seat. Onboard service was pleasant with the new crews and the meal that was offered with a menu and choice of entrees was good standard Air Canada domestic J quality. Unfortunately due to the reduced personal space and legroom, I will continue to make a point of avoiding Rouge where I am able to select another carrier. Glad to see DL is ramping up some more YYC service this fall giving more options to California.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Mindy Avrich-Skapinker    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We came back on a Rouge flight yesterday from Venice to Toronto. We paid $2000 for our flight, the outbound was AC to Munich-Sarajevo-Venice. All fine though hardly "world class". We had no idea we were booked on a Rouge flight home or what that meant. None of the pre-booked seats were available or honoured. We were put together, my husband and I in row 48 but many people were separated. Then we learned there are no screens, I don't carry a tablet so was told I could rent one for 10 Euros, on a $2000 ticket! Lunch - no wine, no drinks unless you paid $6.50. Lunch was nothing fresh, no salad, all starch, no fruit, no vegetables and dessert was a cookie. Then 2 hours later the snack - a cookie and 2 hours before landing, a wrap. This was a 9.5 hour flight. Two hours before the flight arrived the bathroom had no toilet paper and was unclean. The poor lovely staff were dressed in ugly colours with fedoras looking like they stepped out of South American villages. Shame on Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by K Kad    (Canada)

I have been a loyal Air Canada customer since moving to Canada. As someone who is traveling almost every week airline performance is important. Perhaps it's the perfect case scenario but for all the reasons that came to be, I am left having paid full fare for a 5 hour flight from Toronto only to get to the plane to find everything I had come to expect missing. I'll give Air Canada credit as I was very much aware that this was a "operated by rouge" badging which was very predominantly displayed throughout the purchase process. At the time I paid no attention to it as the price I was paying was exactly the same as all previous tickets purchased to this destination (I travel at least once a year to this destination to attend conferences). There is no entertainment screens, no USB power, no power outlets, cramped seating. All of which I may be perfectly ok with if it was it on its own. The fact that they are combined is making this unbearable. Do I have an iPad? Yes, is it charged enough to use for 5 hours? Absolutely not. As a businessman I've been on my devices all day and look forward to a flight without having to look at work or its related devices. None of my devices, including my phone I'm typing this on, is on a position to be used for extended periods of time by the end of the day. This is ignoring the fact I like to land at destination with a full charge! I spent extra money for a business class seat on the return, expecting to be on the red eye and landing at 7 am to drive straight to the office. Seeing what a "business class seat" looked like, simply same as economy with an empty "for your convenience" empty seat in the middle is useless. I will not get to sleep properly, unwind, relax, and be ready for a full day of business when I land. Instead I had to cancel some meetings and move my flight up to ensure that I can land with enough time to get a proper nights rest before my next day begins. Unfortunately I will be replacing all my flights in which Rouge operates and as soon as I identify an airline which can accommodate the destinations I require from YYZ I will be dropping Air Canada altogether.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Barbara Kakiris    (USA)

I booked what I believed to be standard Air Canada flights YYZ to ATH (AC#1900) on Sept 10 and ATH to YYZ (AC #1901) on Sept 19. Unfortunately, I learned what Rouge was, never having heard of the concept and certainly not ever wanting to experience it again. The 767 aircraft was an absolute nightmare for lack of space, entertainment, and food or beverage. The first thing I noted was the lack of TV screens on seat backs-I asked the attendant what was going on and he explained that for weight concerns, they'd removed them to save the cost of flying the AC planes. He also said that "everyone has an iPad these days" so they felt the decision was warranted. When it came time for meals, I asked for wine and was told that it was available for purchase. The attendants were in their early 20s, inexperienced, and should have been made to practice the company talking points before being permitted to board the plane and interact with customers, as their inability to provide acceptable rationale only made matters worse. Myself and my boyfriend are both tall and he suffered tremendous back and leg pain. It's not worth it to spend 10-11 hours on a plane with no entertainment or hospitality. All of the other carriers know what it is to travel internationally and will actually care for customers. Lose the fedoras and horrible shoes and spend some money on customer-focused resources.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by M Tomlinson    (UK)

We took a flight from Manchester to Toronto on the B767. After reading the reviews on here before I left, I expected the worst. I am over 6 ft tall and so asked at check in whether they had any extra leg room seats available. They did and I was placed there free of charge. Once on board I found the seat was a bulkhead by an emergency exit so although I couldn't stretch my legs straight, there was more space than other seats. My friends hadn't requested extra legroom so we're sat further back in the plane. I went and joined them for a small time (plane was half empty) and the space was no where near as bad as made out on here. Ok space is tight, but the cabin felt open and refreshed. Food and service was ok, but felt they were a bit stingy with the drinks (only serve soft drinks and only brought round twice), plus no water served in between. Having said all of this, I wouldn't like to fly on here should it be a full flight, so would try not to use them again unless it was the only option.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Donna Jones    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My husband and I booked Business Class from Phoenix to Toronto on Rouge a few days ago. After awhile in the air, I noticed that people were coming in from Economy to use the washroom. I needed to go and had to wait a long time for an Economy passenger to come out. I asked the attendant if this was allowed and she admitted it wasn't, apologized (with attitude and obvious resentment at being challenged) and said she had been "busy". What happened next was appalling. After a few minutes, she came to my seat, and loudly asked me if I would mind if another economy passenger could use the washroom as he was on crutches. Rouge customers should be made aware that if you book Business Class, at considerable extra expense, you are expected to carry economy passengers and their needs. Unbelievable. She continued to allow more economy passengers to continue to use the washroom for the duration of the flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by K Rogers    (Canada)

Extremely uncomfortable flight! The cabin was very cramped with no leg room. I am only 5'11" and my knees were jammed in to the back of the seat in front of me. When rows are that tight, you shouldn't have the ability to recline - yet Rouge seats still have that functionality. They also charge for checked baggage ($25) which causes everyone to try and carry on creating an even more cramped cabin. Rude service, no snacks. Cost was the same as a West Jet flight, with the additional cost of baggage. Sorry Rouge, you can't charge full price but then call yourself a discount airline so you can provide terrible service. The cabin couldn't be more cramped. Seats were so tight with zero leg room. Barely one person can walk down the aisle. Overhead bins full to explosion since they charge for baggage and with so little leg room people avoid putting things under the seat in front of them. Price for Rouge is same as regular AC flight. A total disaster!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D St Germain    (Canada)

My wife and I took Rouge from Montreal to Rome 3 weeks ago. I was very apprehensive given the stories of extra onboard expenses small seat and questionable service. We were both pleasantly surprised. The seats were great (we had a bulk head seat) and the service was excellent. The staff onboard were very young and attentive. The food was certainly adequate and surpassed my expectation. The entertainment system was very good and affordable. My only concern, not complaint, was our seats were located under the A/C vent and in order to keep the rest of the plane comfortable, my wife was wrapped in several blankets and her coat on. The young attendant provided her with a free entertainment system to help compensate. This was unexpected and appreciated. I would fly Rouge again with no apprehension.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Stensrud Doreen    (Canada)

Just returned from Dublin on Air Canada Rouge - not a good trip. Unfortunately the flight was delayed in Toronto by 3 hours. No communication from ground staff in departure lounge that could be heard. Boarding was confusing. Sat on tarmac another hour plus I am elderly and needed to use the toilet that was not allowed. Flight attendants were not warm and friendly, we did not feel welcome. The meal was ok but my pop was warm as they did not offer ice. There was supposed to be a snack meal near the end of the flight but nothing was offered. Could not have coffee due to turbulence which for the whole trip was minimal. Kept seat belt sign on for most of flight making it difficult to use the toilet, in fact my husband was told he could not. We have been flying many years and Air Canada is not our carrier of choice due to attitude of staff. We will not be flying Air Canada again unless we have no other choice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Blow Joe    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I recently flew ATH-YYZ on Rouge. It was much better than I expected - but I think that was probably mostly because I was in Premium Economy. The regular seating section really looked cramped, and passengers there did not look happy. The good: great flight crew. Yes, they are young, and yes they wear funny outfits (the hats are ridiculous!). But they were all really friendly, helpful, and attentive, and I saw no evidence of lack of knowledge. The seat was very comfortable - not business class, but definitely much roomier than even 'normal' economy. On time take off and landing, frequent drink service, and decent food (for an airline). The bad: the Premium seats seem to be anchored by some mechanism that completely blocks the under-seat space. That meant there was no room for my shoulder bag - which I have successfully placed under seats in much smaller aircraft. As others have noted, the iPad connection is not always reliable, and I had to restart it a couple of times.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Good Brian    (Ireland)

We thought we were flying from Toronto to Dublin on a normal Air Canada flight and had not heard of Rouge until we arrived at the airport. We were there 4 hours before the flight, checked in at the self service kiosk and were not allocated seats, we were told this would be done at the gate. The gate did not open until about 30mins before departure, we asked about seat allocation and were told by a rather officious member of staff to sit and wait until we were called, so the flight is boarding and very late in the day we are called to be given our seats. There is some difficulty in finding 2 together for my wife and I but finally it happens, we walk the short distance to the plane to find our seats already occupied by 2 members of a family group. After a lot of faffing around the cabin crew finally split the family up by giving 2 of them an upgrade to the comfortable seats upfront while we are left in he hard cramped nasty ones in the main cabin. Only then do we discover this stupid nonsense with the lack of inflight entertainment unless you have an ipad with you and have downloaded their app which of course we had not been aware of. Altogether an unpleasant flight experience, doubly disappointing given Air Canada's supposed good reputation. I would not fly with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Wayne Dillon    (Canada)

What a mistake they have made with this change. Definitely a disappointing experience, older aircraft, no price break, limited choice on non stop routes and poor entertainment options. We would have expected more from the Air Canada brand. Hopefully they will rethink this experiment and return to the standards we have come to expect from Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 September 2014 by G Davey    (Ireland)

Premium Rouge

I flew from Dublin to Vancouver with Air Canada on 12 August 2014. The first leg of the journey was with Air Canada Rouge to Toronto. The flight was delayed by 11 hours due to pilot problems. When we finally boarded we were greeted by very young and in all likelihood very inexperienced staff. The plane was old and very cramped. When we finally landed in Toronto , I then had a 6 hour wait to get my connecting flight to Vancouver. I thought that this was all just an unfortunate problem in the delay but lo and behold my daughter took the same Air Canada Rouge flight from Dublin three weeks later and was delayed taking off by 4 hours and missed her connecting flight. Less than one week after her flight I happened to be flying in from London Heathrow at 3pm, and guess what, the air Canada Rouge flight which was supposed to have taken off at 12.10 was still sitting in Dublin airport. I will never fly with Rouge again and I think Air Canada need to look at this whole off shoot airline. It is a complete disaster and I would suggest that the company review it before passengers vote with their feet and move completely to other carriers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 September 2014 by T Jones    (USA)

I wanted to believe that the reviews I read before my Rouge experience were exaggerated by picky pampered flyers. Sadly the reviews were accurate, Air Canda Rouge is no bargain. I just flew 8 hours from Montreal to Rome on AC 19,20, Sept 20 2014. 8 hours of uncomfortable seats that kept buckling inward so I felt my neighbors every move in their seat. When I asked for water it took them 40 minutes to bring me a cup, with attitude since I used my attendant call button. On an 8 hour flight I only received two beverage services that were water and coffee. Lack of water is unhealthy on a flight this long. I actually paid 81 usd to upgrade my seat to a window seat. Worst decision - very cramped seat. Do yourself a favor switch to regular Air Canada. I have never written a poor review for an airline. Sadly they deserved this review. Oh and the inflight app stopped working every 10 minutes and the wifi only services the app. Sad service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Burch Lucille    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My husband and I were scheduled on Rouge flights from Ottawa to Las Vegas connecting through Toronto in September 2014. We purposefully selected the flight leaving from Ottawa at 06.00 (leaving the house at 04.30) to fly out of Toronto at 8.50 with the intent of arriving in Las Vegas early to get the most out of a five-day vacation. Instead of walking the Las Vegas strip we were stuck in the Toronto airport for an 11 hour delay - kind of hard to believe that Rouge could not find another plane to fly out of Toronto earlier. Guess what happened on the trip back - a nine hour wait at the Las Vegas airport again thanks to Rouge management. Both trip delays were not weather related. We wasted a complete day of vacation thanks to Rouge. We would have had little to say if the flight price was a discount but it certainly wasn't. We have truly been "rouged".

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 September 2014 by G Waddell    (Canada)

Flew out of Toronto yesterday, 8.50 am flight to Vegas, scheduled to arrive around 10.30 Vegas time. Took off a few minutes late, and the flight was uneventful for the first 2.5 hours, with the exception of the worst possible seats providing no comfort and space. Did have to ask the lady in front of me to keep her seatback straight to prevent injury to my knees. The pilot came on the intercom to tell us we have a "situation" whereby we lost our left engine and were diverting to Denver to get it checked. He assured us the 767 could fly safely on one engine and he did a good job getting us on the ground without incident at about 9.45 local time. Met by the firetrucks on the tarmac and they checked out the engine and determined it was ok to proceed to the gate. Got to sit on the plane for an extended period without air conditioning and little information forthcoming about our situation. We were finally told another plane would be dispatched from Toronto to pick us up and get on our way to Vegas at 5.30 local time. When we finally got off the plane they gave everyone $20 worth of meal vouchers and then the waiting began. Went to the gate in plenty of time as we had a lot of it to kill. There was no representative at the gate and when we checked the departure schedule discovered that our time had been delayed to 6.30. Suddenly the departure time changed to 7.30. How long does it take a 767 to get from Toronto to Denver, even considering a new crew was needed? After changing gates, we were told by an announcement that the plane was on the ground and would be at the gate by 6.30. Finally things were looking up. Started boarding about 7.00 and then we sat. The crew kept walking around the plane checking seats for some unknown reason while the passengers were getting restless and looking for answers as to why we were not leaving the gate. The pilot finally came on to tell us the plane needed rebalancing - I believe there were 6 people who made other arrangements and were not continuing on this flight. Finally left Denver after 8.00 and arrived in Vegas just before 9.30. Plane arrived in Terminal 1 and our bags were in Terminal 3. Again no information given by Air Canada staff so people basically had to figure out for themselves that you have to grab a shuttle bus for a 5 minute ride to Terminal 3 and then try and find the right carousel. Got to our hotel about 10.30, about 12 hours later than expected. Given the choice, will not fly Air Canada in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Susan Elias    (UK)

Premium Rouge

My husband and I flew Dublin to Toronto direct on 8 Sept and returned Sept 15, in the premium economy cabin, the aircraft was a 767 both ways with a 2-2-2 seating configuration. We chose this airline mainly on price - approx £ £400 cheaper per ticket than British Airways or Virgin PE from London via, I think, New York. The first thing to say is that if you are expecting Business Class seating/facilities you will be disappointed. This was nothing like the BC we have used on Emirates and Turkish Airlines. However, as a premium economy offering at an exceptionally good price, we were very pleasantly surprised - in fact, we could not fault it. I would judge it not quite as good as Virgin PE, but certainly equal to, if not better than, British Airways PE. We were able to use the priority lanes for both check in and security clearance on both legs, the aircraft was clean and comfortable, the cabin crew were all extremely pleasant, helpful, presentable and very professional (other reviewers have complained that the crew are young and inexperienced; they were certainly young, but we could not fault the service they provided throughout). In fact I much preferred the Canada Rouge crews with their positive can-do attitude to the 'Can I really be bothered?' stand-offish attitude I have experienced more than once on British Airways. We had no problems at all with the tablets issued to us for entertainment, an issue that some reviewers have been unhappy with. The food choices were not extensive but certainly sufficient, of good quality and presented nicely. Drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic were good quality and frequently offered. I would say, well done Canada Rouge - in our experience you have an excellent value for money product, at least in the PE cabin. We will certainly use again for transatlantic flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 September 2014 by J Francois    (Canada)

Well Air Canada was my preferred flight until I took a flight with AC Rouge to Vegas, Sept 12/2014, return Sept 15/2014. The seats are so tight and uncomfortable, my legs were cramped up, no entertainment onboard. Now it's time for me to try Westjet, or Sunwing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 September 2014 by John Malevich    (Canada)

Booked an Air Canada flight to Vegas. I had no idea it was Rouge. Easily the worst flight, very cramped, no entertainment, not even a cracker. The line up for the toilet went half way up the plane and you had to squeeze past people to get back to your seat! I will never fly Rouge again. Air Canada you have lost me.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 September 2014 by B Post    (Canada)

Just returned from Barcelona on Air Canada's Rouge flight. I will not be doing this again. Terrible seating, inexperienced flight attendants, no entertainment units, not even headphone connectors, made a very boring and uncomfortable flight. Consider this a bargain basement airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Mark Greenberg    (Canada)

I have just come off a Rouge flight from Edinburgh. I had no idea what Rouge was and had booked on a standard flight on Air Canada. Since I am 6 foot 4 I had paid an extra $100 to be sure I could manage the leg space. I was appalled - I had an exit row seat that was bulkhead, and smaller than a standard row seat on regular Air Canada. It was not possible to sit straight, and I experienced significant leg cramps as a result. The absence of basic amenities such as TV, movies and music unless you possess or rent an iPad was unacceptable. The only redeeming feature was the extremely pleasant staff. I am upset at having paid the extra cost and received no increased space.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by S McBride    (Canada)

Unfortunately, AC has discontinued service of their full service line from YYC to LAS, and there is no choice but to take Rouge. I have travelled in Premium Rouge once before, and while I also disliked this Lufthansa short haul version of business class, the economy service takes the cake! Seating is the most horrifying experience imaginable. I can honestly say I have never been on a plane where the seats were so uncomfortable and had such little room. I didn't even realize my legs had cramped up due to not being able to move until I tried to disembark the aircraft. I am 5'11, and my knees were wedged against the seat in front of me. I could not move my legs underneath the seat in front of me. I had used my frequent flyer comps to get a free meal from the BOB service. Even though I was the 6th person asked if I would like something from the BOB service, my choice had "just run out". So I was stuck with a backup option. Additionally, I told the FA that I had a meal included with my ticket, and he did not believe me. I had to disrupt the people sitting next to me to reach my bag and dig out my boarding pass to show him the meal logo on it. I watched another FA scream at a passenger who desperately needed to use the lavatory because the seatbelt sign was on and "Your seat is the safest place for you! Please sit down!". The lack of an entertainment system is aggravating. I knew of this before leaving for my trip, and am not willing to pay to download AC's not free entertainment app on my phone, so I brought my small laptop to watch some movies. There was not enough room between the seats for me to open the lid on the laptop all the way. Of course, all of this might be made tolerable for some people if the fares are discounted, as you would expect on a self proclaimed "discount airline" Unfortunately, I have been flying this route every 3 months for the last 4 years, and can tell you the prices are exactly the same as what the full service AC has been charging. In other words, a total scam. Never will I ever fly this airline again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Dirk van Doodle    (Canada)

I flew from Barcelona to Toronto with Air Canada Rouge. The thing I hate is that we book a flight with the normal Air Canada and we get Rouge which has no TV and very little legroom. We flew in the 767-300ER. The whole flight took 8 hours. The seats are very cramped. It was a very unpleasant flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by R Lalonde    (Canada)

MTL-Las Vegas, AC 1855, Sep 8th. LAS Vegas-Montreal, AC1858, Sep 11. This is the worst airline I have flown with. I don't how much money AC is saving by adding the extra row of seats but it is inhuman to treat people this way. Flights attendants are inexperienced and clumsy. The best description would be "Cattle Class". I have flown over a million miles with Air Canada and my three flights with Rouge have been the worst experience of my life.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by A Kobayashi    (Canada)

We were excited to hear that Air Canada was adding routes to Europe way back when we started booking a big family vacation, this allowed us to fly into Venice and out of Rome on AC flights both ways. At the time Rouge had just started its international service so we didn't know what to expect, but it's Air Canada right? It has to be at least decent. I have to say at this point thank goodness we changed our return flight date which meant we went from a Rouge flight to a regular AC flight. Travelling over 8 hours to Italy in those cramped circa 1970s metal framed seats was not fun and I had the luxury of a 4 year old next to me so I could use some of her space. I am not a tall person and I felt like my knees were in my armpits the entire time, because of the ridiculously small seat pitch you can't actually recline your seat more than an inch, maybe two inches. Fantastic for an overnight flight. At least they gave us pillows and blankets. Hardly any of us slept, and it was a long boring flight since we don't all have ipads and theirs were booked. I'm curious to know how there is still no Android app for their stupid in-flight entertainment system, but I digress. People also need to know that the reviews here are accurate regarding the overhead bins, they are not regular carry-on size, each bin could fit maybe 1 item - for 4 seats! I would also like to point out that flying Rouge is definitely a buyer beware activity. I'm not sure if there are any cases of the prices reflecting the "bargain airline" thing they are trying to be but I think it is all kinds of insanity to charge the same for this service as for regular Air Canada flights. I know this is true because AC had a schedule change that meant we went from a regular flight to a Rouge flight and the gentleman at the call centre warned me that we would be getting less service for the same money. In fact, he was required to explain that to me and I had to agree and it was made clear that this would be recorded so that there would be no "misunderstandings." As a result, I got so nervous I changed that flight to a different day to avoid having to fly Rouge home and thank goodness for that. Two of our party were in business class, on Rouge that meant Premium Rouge or some such silliness and they had slightly bigger seat space and a curtain to divide them from the steerage behind, on Air Canada they had pods with lie flat beds for the same price. I'm sad to say that this is no exaggeration. Now, if I pay a little bit of money for a discount flight on a bargain airline, okay, I expect to get what I paid for - not much. But when you are paying full Air Canada fare and get bargain airline seats and service I'm not okay with it. People need to know that this is going on and make their dissatisfaction known with their dollars.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by P Boyer    (Canada)

The cabin couldn't be more cramped. Seats are so tight with zero leg room. Barely one person can walk down the aisle. Overhead bins full to explosion since they charge for baggage and with so little leg room people avoid putting things under the seat in front of them. Price for Rouge is same as regular AC flight. A total disaster!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Mark Demeny    (Canada)

Sep 7th, AC1855. Sep 10th, AC1854. Got "rouged" - where you don't know it's a Rouge flight until you get to the gate. It isn't indicated when booking flights - so you expect a regular Air Canada flight, and instead you get this for the same price. No entertainment system, or legroom, or chargers. It's rubbish. Avoid at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Garry L Price    (Canada)

Dep YYZ 1 September 2014 to CUN, Dep CUN 11 September 2014 to YYZ, Premium rouge, 2A outbound and 2C inbound. After reading the horror stories about Rouge I approached these flights with some trepidation. With the exception of the A319 seating in Premium Rouge service was on par with the former business class. Meal selection and inflight service was up to par. The only issue I had was trying to use my own IPad, the selection on the Rouge iPads was far superior. I do however object with paying business class for Premium rouge, when other airlines only charge less for similar service and seats. Would I fly with them again? Yes.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 September 2014 by M McKane    (Canada)

Flew from Dublin to Toronto on Rouge on August 29/14. The worst flight. No entertainment on board, you had to rent an iPad, with few options. Small, cramped seating and horrible food! The flight attendants seemed to be chatting amongst themselves, rather than providing service. We would never fly anywhere, any time on this airline again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by G Vergottini    (USA)

Venice to Toronto B767-300ER and then to San Diego A319. It wasn't the best of experiences. It's not right to call Rouge Air Canada's budget alternative - it's Air Canada's substandard offering on many of their routes. It's not an alternative and it's not particularly cheap either. I flew Air Canada (I didn't even know about Rouge) because I am a United MileagePlus member and wanted to stick with United to maintain my Premier Silver status. I fly to and from Venice every September on business. In the past I used U.S. Airways but they're no longer part of the Star Alliance. On every other Star Alliance airline I have flown, having Star Alliance Silver status has got me priority boarding - usually group 2 or similar. With Rouge, you have to have Star Alliance Gold status to get priority seating and there is no other level. Next is the planes - they're Air Canada's oldest planes reconfigured to carry more passengers. This means thinner and less comfortable seats and less legroom - done in a drab gray. There is no reconfiguring of the overhead space to account for the higher passenger load. The 767s in particular have an outmoded overhead bin space design from the early 1980s that is very inefficient and does not accommodate modern carry-ons very well. When you have an additional 50 passengers to carry, the problem only gets worse - expect a battle for bin space. The seats feel cheap and my tail bone ached through most of both flights from the hard surface underneath. The seats do recline, but pressing the recline button nearly broke my finger - on both seats. On the 767, the flight attendant call button is on the armrest in a position you're quite likely to inadvertently press. As a result, it happens all the time. I counted 11 flight attendant call lights lit in my part of the cabin at one point - so flight attendants don't pay attention to them anymore. There is power to the seats - but only 4 outlets for every 7 seats in each row. Expect to have to share an outlet with your seat mate. There are no USB power outlets. There are no onboard entertainment systems at each seat. Instead, they wirelessly stream entertainment to your personal electronic device. However, there is a catch. You can watch TV shows using a basic wi-fi connection but in order to watch movies, you need to have downloaded their iPad/iPhone app before the flight. This feature is only available for the iPad/iPhone so if you have a laptop or Android device, you're out of luck. The app is a simple wrapper around the website - there is absolutely no reason why you should have to have install the app to get to the movies. You can rent a limited number of iPads from the airline for $10. As for the entertainment itself, it's pretty bad. While there were new episodes of Big Bang Theory and other recent shows, most of the TV was old. The movies were mostly old or second rate. The inflight service wasn't bad. The food was good and service came often. We had a good lunch and idway through the flight there was a second service which included a bag of chips chocolate chip cookies. The final service included a small but tasty chicken pesto wrap. The young staff were attentive and friendly. Ground staff in Venice were friendly but not so good in Toronto. All in all, this was a bad experience. Air Canada is cheapening their product with this sub-par airline. This feels more like a way around labor unions than an effort to build Air Canada into a great airline. It's such a disgrace that I vow to never fly either Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge again - that is my punishment for this awful excuse of an airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by D Vandewater    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

My husband and I just deplaned from the Toronto - Barcelona flight. Having read the mounting negative commentary on Rouge over the last few months we were prepared for the worse. We were pleasantly surprised. The 767-300 was clean and maintained, the bathroom likewise, the attendants all friendly and personable. We were in premium and there was a big blanket and pillow and a small bag of toiletries, plus bottled water at our seats. Food was most satisfactory (same as AC as I had most of it earlier in the day). No complaints and such a relief to have gone Rouge. Plugs below the seats for the electronics. Premium rouge will never be business class - still rather cramped, but I would fly it again and we will on our return home! The inflight entertainment was easy to hook up to with my iPad and mac air, but it kept disconnecting, necessitating 9 more clicks at least 10 times thru the flight to get the program back that I was watching.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Caitlin Carrol    (Canada)

Booked Air Canada Rouge return Ottawa to Las Vegas, it was easily the worst airline experience I've had. I was Rouged many times on each flight and don't recommend this company to anyone. Narrow and very uncomfortable seats, with little to no leg room (and I'm only 5'5). No inflight entertainment, unless you have an ipad or want to rent one from them. Oh, and your reward for renting the ipad is a terrible and tiny collection of entertainment choices. Don't forget to charge up your devices, because there are no power sources on board. Which makes for a particularly long flight when you're crammed into an uncomfortable seat with no entertainment. Did I mention the food selection? It's not good either. Half, and sometimes less than half, of what's available on Air Canada flights. I could go on, but I won't. It seems like others share my disdain. Don't bother booking premium rouge, it's the same seats and same situation as the rest of the plane.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J Leighton    (UK)

My wife and I flew Air Canada Rouge from Manchester to Chicago. We didn't know when we booked it that it was a Rouge flight. I will never fly with them again until they sort the leg room. It's a shame, as everything else was OK, but for a long haul flight, I need to be able to sit down without my knees touching the seat in front. I'm a bit over 6 foot. Even my wife found if uncomfortable, and she's a bit shorter than me. Basically, unless it's so cheap that it makes up for the 8 hours of pain you'll get from being jammed into something even cattle transporters would consider cruel, go with another airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by D McKay    (Canada)

After reading all the reviews here my wife and I didn't know what to expect from Rouge. We flew from Toronto to Edinburgh on Aug 28 and were very pleasantly surprised. My wife is pushing 6' and not once complained of leg room she did have an aisle seat where I get the window seat and I didn't have a problem either. Food was airplane food what else can I say it was hot and edible, didn't once have a problem with any request from the crew. Crew was very professional and courteous young and full of energy. Must say better than some of the flight crew on the mainline AC, a smile goes a long way. We flew Rouge on the return trip Sept 12 and experienced the same service. We knew of the inflight entertainment and came prepared, I liked using my own IPad, I could watch or listen to my own or theirs. We would fly again on Rouge we liked the route and really liked the price over mainline Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Daniel Ruttle    (UK)

I booked a flight direct on the Air Canada website, choosing this flight over the slightly cheaper alternative thinking I would receive a higher level of service, how wrong I was. What they don't tell you at the point of booking is that you are being fobbed off onto their 'no frills' budget organisation! The level of service onboard was shocking, from boarding and realising there is no in-flight entertainment unless you rent one of their ipads at a cost of $10 or have pre downloaded their app onto your own device, which is all well and good had we been informed of this prior to being sat on the runway with no internet access! With that disappointment settled in we move onto the food, I've taken many long haul flights in my time but never experienced such poor quality food, from stale bread to bland chicken that's barely warmed through is probably the only inflight meal I've not actually finished! On the returning leg we were fed the same for dinner and were treated to a soggy slice of banana cake for breakfast. Trying to get a drink during the flight is equally annoying, when you are actually offered a drink you are lucky if they have what you want, they push the apple and orange juice on you as if that's your only option but on both occasions I ordered apple (both legs) they had run out! Alcoholic beverages are also not complimentary which again is odd for a long haul and especially with a so called premium airline, another disappointment was when I actually got a coffee, it arrived with no stirrer or spoon as they had run out and was barely lukewarm and very poor quality! All in all a completely disastrous experience and one that I will never repeat!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by T Chung    (Canada)

AC1900, Toronto to Athens on July 17, return on AC1901 on Aug 7. Our flight on AC Rouge to Athens was comfortable and we found the staff to be friendly and competent. As others have commented, the seats are close together but my husband and I were comfortable (I'm 5’ft 4”, he is 5 ft 11”). The food and beverages were fine (meals included spicy pasta with a small salad or chicken breast with vegetables, light snack included warmed wraps). We were regularly offered water during the 10 hour flight. With the Rouge app downloaded in advance, the entertainment is fine. We had no trouble connecting to in-flight entertainment during our flight. Our son has an allergy to peanuts and, having read the reviews on this site, we were concerned for the cleanliness of the seats (potential cross contamination causing an allergic reaction) and the competence of the staff. Anyone with serious allergies will understand the level of worry that comes without access to medical assistance for a long period. On both our outgoing and return flights, the flight attendants were very attentive and in both cases asked passengers sitting close to us to refrain from eating nuts which we greatly appreciated. We didn't use the blankets and pillow provided (brought our own) and brought allergy free food for my son so we didn't require any special or additional attention from AC.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J Carey    (Canada)

Flew Rouge from Toronto to San Diego and return. Didn't know I was on a Rouge flight, I should have paid more attention but then I didn't know what awaited me. What awaited me was the worst flying experience ever. There was no legroom. I rented an Ipad on the way down and was disappointed by the entertainment offering and they ran out of ipads on the return leg. I have been a long time supporter of Air Canada. I have always said that I knew what to expect (a service offering I was satisfied with) and when I got on an Air Canada flight to come home, I felt I was home when I boarded the flight. I really have been a vocal supporter of Air Canada. But no longer. We are currently booking flights to Phoenix in January, not on Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Gibson Ron    (Canada)

I flew to Phoenix AZ and back to Toronto on Rouge for the first time last week. The seating was cramped and the staff on the return flight were rude. In addition to having to pay for my checked luggage I had to pay for advanced seat selection. I am glad that I did because I could not have survived the trip in the middle seat being over 6 feet in height. This was my first and last Rouge flight. As a former Super Elite and Elite member for over 10 years I have become increasingly disappointed by Air Canada. I have switched to other airlines for overseas flights and will now give my remaining business to the competition even if I end up paying more.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 September 2014 by K Lam    (Canada)

We flew from Toronto to/from Barcelona on Rouge - specifically AC1914/AC1915. We flew AC because it was the only direct flight available. The general experience is ok but if given a choice in the future, we will not fly Air Canada, and definitely not Rouge. We were disappointed with the lack of entertainment screen - it's annoying to have to "rent" an ipad or download the app to our devices in order to see AC's selection of old movies and shows. What I find unforgivable is that AC actually served our meals (all passengers) with "bread roll" that were almost as hard as rocks. I think AC should review their food service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Arlene Willis    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flight Number 1895 from Tampa to Toronto on September 2nd. My husband and I are both Super Elite 1,000,000 members. Air Canada Rouge is not up to Air Canada Standards! It is like a cattle car! People are stuffed into the seats like sardines. We were lucky enough to get bumped to Premium Rouge but it is still awful. The staff are very sweet and nice but when I asked what kind of red wine they had - she said we have a Chardonnay and a Cabernet! Surely you can do better Air Canada. In addition, all of the ground staff at Tampa Airport are leaving or have left because of the treatment they receive from Rouge Management and staff. We have taken Flight 902 and 903 for over 30 years from Tampa to Toronto and Toronto to Tampa.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Jim Arnold    (USA)

Orlando to Montreal, Sep 3 at 10 am returning on Sunday, Sep 7 on 8.35 flight. They are terrible to say it bluntly. No food, no leg room, etc. Will never fly with them from USA to Canada. Only plus was they didn't lose my golf clubs. Also, were begging folks to check in their carry-on luggage at the gate. How could they already know that there would be little room available?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Lewis Deitch    (USA)

I have been an Air Canada Aeroplan member for over 30 years, and I do a lot of overseas traveling from my home base in Phoenix, Arizona. Fortunately Air Canada has connected Phoenix with Toronto since the mid 1990's, making overseas connections quite easy. In winter there is additional service to Calgary, which enables flight connections to London and Frankfurt. Recently Phoenix service was converted to the new Air Canada Rouge budget category. All I kept reading were negative reviews about how cramped the business class was and how poor the food and service were. I traveled to Toronto on July 1 to connect to Frankfurt and returned from Toronto (Copenhagen) on August 30. Frankly I found nothing wrong with Air Canada Rouge. Yes the seats are smaller coach seats with the middle seat blocked out. But there was almost as much legroom as on a regular Air Canada domestic flight. As for lunch en route to Toronto and Breakfast returning to Phoenix, the food quality was comparable to a regular domestic Air Canada flight. And the young flight attendants, though not clearly as experienced, were very attentive. I would prefer a return of regular Air Canada service, but I did find Rouge an acceptable choice and with Calgary now being a year around connection and the addition of Vancouver, I am very pleased. These are short flights and the added comfort of domestic first class would be nice, but I for one can live without it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by L Lloyd    (UK)

No leg room on the airbus A319 and not much more on B767 and I am only 5 foot 9 and my son 5 ft 5. Plane clean and staff pleasant but very narrow seats and as already said no leg room. Could not get the entertainment system to work on either laptop running window or tablet on android and the staff did let us have an ipad but this ran out of battery and the replacement froze more times so gave this up. On the return the weather made us late and they kept us informed but often a little late, ie say ground crew were finishing up loading luggage but the ground warning light had restarted flashing so they could not work whilst this was on so speeding up information would have helped. Overall wish I spent an extra a few pounds and gone with United or US Airways.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Barbara Bryan    (Barbados)

Air Canada, you have hit a new low, it's called Rouge. Worst flight to Barbados in many years. They may fool some with their flight attendants wearing cute trilby hats as passengers boarded, and with the cute pink headbands (my 5 year old grand daughter wears a similar one) while "attending" in flight, but we were not fooled. They cannot try to mimic Westjet service until they actually do the work to train staff to actually believe that their job is to make their customers feel secure, looked after and yes, catered to! If they plan to staff their Rouge plane for an international flight, it's a good idea to inform them of the entering countries landing document. When we asked for our landing cards, we were told that they would be handed out at 2.10 (we arrived in B'dos at 2.25). We told them that B'dos requires a landing doc for each person, not one per family, as she rudely tried to tell me, when I asked for 2 forms! Yikes! Immediately after the cards were handed out (one per family, except for us) they told us to prepare for landing, seats upright and tables closed - while everyone was still filling out their forms! After we landed, the customs officers were scrambling to get people to fill out their forms. Make sure you have your ipads charged if you want entertainment. The seat monitors are gone. You can rent an ipad for 10 Cdn. But they have no means of charging your device. Also, if you are taller than 5 feet and weigh more than 125 lbs, you won't fit. It's unfortunate that Air Canada has no idea what the repercussions are when bad service comes into play. But then again, they really don't care.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Jillian Nichols    (Canada)

I flew from Winnipeg to Cancun with Rouge in August. My husband and I took 23 guests on our wedding vacation. From the get-go, our entire wedding party had an awful experience. The flight from Toronto: in the beginning, we were frustrated that we didn't get certain things that were promised to us when we booked our wedding through Air Canada Vacations. We were supposed to receive a complimentary upgrade, which we did not (to make matters more frustrating, there was another wedding party on the same flight, of which the bride and groom were upgraded). They were also supposed to hang my dress on the plane, and when my mom asked they said there was no room. While this on its own was frustrating, the flight was delayed by about an hour. We were told to stay in our seats with our seatbelts fastened this entire time. We were travelling with our 9 month old daughter. When I got up to get her formula out of the overhead bin about halfway through this wait, I was rudely scolded by the flight attendant and told to sit down. She slammed the bin shut. Everything else about the experience is just how most people say - seats are jam packed with virtually no leg room, there is absolutely no in-flight entertainment and they only offer juice, water and pop (everything else you need to pay for). If I thought the flight there was bad, I don't even know what to call the flight home. After boarding the plane in Cancun, we sat on the tarmac for three hours while they tried to sort out mechanical issues. Again, travelling with a baby, this was a complete nightmare. During the entire wait, we were offered water twice. Eventually they told us we would be staying in Cancun. We disembarked and they put us in a small holding area with no air conditioning. We waited here for another three hours, without being offered any food or drink. When passengers started to get testy, they walked us through the airport to immigration. We waited and waited while all 200+ passengers went back through immigration and security. When we finally got outside and hopped on shuttles, the Air Canada Rep said, "the hotel is all-inclusive - go eat, drink." When we got to the hotel, they told us that Air Canada had not in fact paid for all-inclusive. We were only entitled to a meal and two non-alcoholic beverages. While this wasn't a huge deal, it just demonstrates the disorganization and lies that were the theme of our entire day. I will never travel with Air Canada Rouge again. The next morning at the airport, only some of our wedding guests were given connecting flights through to Winnipeg. Once we arrived in Toronto, we were sent home on three separate flights. On our flight, there were six guests. Three were offered a complimentary food item "for their trouble". Apparently the rest of us (including the bride and groom) were not on the "list". All in all, Air Canada Rouge turned our wedding vacation into a complete nightmare.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by S Barrett    (Canada)

Do not fly Air Rouge unless you are happy being canned in like a sardine. I could not reach under my seat without hitting my face on the seat in front of me, that is how tight the seats are packed and this is coming from a person who is practically 5 feet tall. I have always flown AC but now that I have flown my first Air Rouge flight it I feel cheated. The worst part is that this horrible flight was not a discounted flight, I paid $1000 for an overpriced flight from San Diego. All the lovely Air Canada amenities are gone - do not expect entertainment, instead expect to pay for an ipad that will be confiscated from you and hour prior to landing. Do not expect comfortable seats or leg room. Avoid flying Rouge at all costs!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J Leighton    (UK)

I flew from Manchester (UK) to Toronto on Air Canada Rouge. Everything was OK apart from the leg room. I'm a bit over 6 foot tall, and my knees were jammed into the seat in front. For a long haul flight, this was intolerable; I will never fly with them again until they fix this. It was a shame, as everything else on the flight was better than I expected for the price - modern plane, smiling staff and reasonable food.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 September 2014 by S Chrisula    (Canada)

Flight AC1901, ATH to YYZ. Is there anything lower than one star? Absolutely embarrassing service lack of professionalism by not one but all staff. No entertainment system, no decent food, and you have to beg for a glass of water. It's really as if you are annoying the staff just by being there. Staff member observed yelling and screaming at passengers for disobeying the seatbelt sign. Awful airline with no positive comments.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Rob Doyle    (New Zealand)

YYZ-LAS. On 27th August we were scheduled to travel from Toronto to Las Vegas on Air Canada Rouge with a 0850 departure time. On check in (at 06.50), the Air Canada Check In agent greeted us with "It is my pleasure to inform you this flight is delayed until 17.00". She did actually use the word "pleasure". So an over eight hour delay, no apology no explanation. The flight did not leave at 17.00, but 17.55 - a nine hour delay! We were to drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in the afternoon. Instead we drove through the night, arriving at 02.00. Air Canada Rouge is a disgrace to call itself and Airline offering a service. In thirty years of travelling on numerous different Airlines, we have never experienced such poor service. You book via Air Canada, however end up on the Third Rate Rouge. Then you are offered a discount on a future flight. We do need to note that staff on the actual flight were very good. No issues. Also, previous Air Canada flights have not been a problem. We will never fly Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 September 2014 by C Beeb    (USA)

I had the pleasant experience of traveling to Toronto from San Francisco on mainline AC and then from Toronto to Athens on AC Rouge and let me tell you, I would choose Rouge over mainline AC every single time. The flight attendants were fantastic, we were served drinks almost every hour, and we were given two meals which were just as good as the meals on any other airline. The in-flight entertainment app had the exact same movies/shows as the mainline flight and it worked perfectly fine. Did I mention that the flight attendants were extremely nice? The plane (Boeing 767) was clean and updated, but no charge ports anywhere in economy. We flew back to the states on Lufthansa and I was much more comfortable on our Rouge flight. For a discount airline (yes, discount. Our tickets were so cheap! I'm not sure where these other people are booking their flights), Rouge is great and I'll definitely be flying with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 September 2014 by B Jesse    (Canada)

Booked a vacation to Jamaica through Air Canada Vacation. The both Rouge flights were the worst experience. No room for legs, outdated video entertainment, narrow aisle between cramped 3x3 rows, all two washrooms at the end of the plane. According to CBC "Rouge seats on the Airbus 319-100 have 73.5 cm of pitch, compared with 79-89 cm on the same aircraft on a regular Air Canada flight" and that is true! Quite bad business decision Air Canada leadership made. I will make every effort not to fly with Rouge ever more, even if I have to change my trip destination.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Michel Rail    (Canada)

I found the seats and spacing comfortable in coach. The design is minimalist. I understand that taking the wiring and screens out of the seats reduces the cost, weight and maintenance. My wife had an issue with the lack of ventilating port above the head. She was hot the entire flight. I was comfortable. I don't like the message Air Canada sends when they encourage a monopoly in their own aircraft by only supporting Apple devices. It doesn't take that much effort to create the applications for Android and BlackBerry. My frustration spans from the surprise I got taking a 5 hour flight with no entertainment. Had I known, I would have loaded a few movies on my Android tablet. This was last May and they said then that the Android app was coming. 5 months later, it is still not out.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 September 2014 by S Price    (Australia)

Premium Rouge

Thinking of flying Air Canada Rouge? Don't. Thinking about booking business class with Air Canada Rouge, believing it can't be all that bad? Don't. My partner and I flew in business class from Toronto to Las Vegas. Tickets cost $1600. We were seated in Premium Rouge for this exorbitant price. There were no business class seats, only economy seats with a spare seat in the middle. We were in the front row and could not even move the armrests or stretch our legs out fully. They even tried to get out of providing my partner with the amenities pack (which consists of a blanket, eyemask and ear plugs) by saying they would just give him the blanket only - he insisted on the full pack. Entertainment is via an iPad which lo and behold, business class passengers get for "free" while economy passengers have to pay $10 for the privilege. The iPad is useless. Cabin crew are young and try to be funky and upbeat. This falls pretty flat when you get on board and realise what awaits you. Never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 September 2014 by I Kenyon    (Canada)

Last night I travelled back from Barbados to Toronto but was diverted to Montreal. I do have some very serious questions though based on my experience. 1) Why was there no-one from AC to guide the passengers from the Barbados flight to the new check in location. Many of the passengers were elderly Barbadians who would not be able to speak French. I have traveled a lot, can speak French and even I found the journey from immigration to check in very confusing. 2) Why are we then made to make our own bookings when we are already significantly inconvenienced? 3) When we try and make the booking why are we kept on hold for so long at 1am in the morning and why then was I put on hold, not once but twice for a total of an extra 25 minutes so it took a total of one hour to do what should have been a very simple process that usually takes 10 minutes maximum in the daytime. This is at a time when I should have been sleeping as I had to get up at 4.00am for a 6.00am domestic flight as the AC booking officer then told me I would have to go through the whole process of queuing up etc to get my ticket so should leave at least 2 hours. Just a very disappointing experience from a Brand with which I had much higher expectations.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Gary Hyde    (Canada)

After reading all the reviews I was very concerned about flying rouge - but I must say that we had a great flight from Rome to Montreal on August 31st. The crew were very friendly and helpful. The planes were old but very clean. There were more than enough Ipads for purchase at $10 for inflght entertainment. For me the hospitality of the crew is very important and it was nice to be treated well.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 September 2014 by C Verkuyl    (Canada)

Terrible experience flying AC Rouge last week. Delayed 5+ hours on my Toronto-Las Vegas flight (due to mechanical issues, no notification until arrival at the airport, 2 hrs in advance of the flight time so a total of 7h spent idle) then delayed 10+ hours on return flight 2 days later, no reason given. On the first flight, by the time the food cart reached Aisle 40 there was little left and on the second, there was no food cart, period. People boarded with more than one carry on bag, limiting the overhead space available for everyone - the crew worked very hard to find space for everyone, anywhere onboard and should be commended for their hard work and cheerfulness - and the in-flight entertainment selection was dismal. Load up your iPad/phone before you go. I will never travel Rouge again, if it can be helped. Very disappointing experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 September 2014 by T Josh    (Canada)

AC1830 on August 13, AC1831 on August 20. I was quite nervous about flying with Rouge, given all the negative things I have heard from friends and family. My flight to my destination was uneventful - on time, boarding was easy, staff were friendly and I lucked out in that nobody was in the middle seat, so I was able to stretch my legs, given the compressed seating, this was a major plus. The flight home was overbooked, which although did not impact me, is frustrating to have to deal with. The entertainment options are extremely limited - very few movies and episodes of TV shows. Staff were friendly and helpful, no complaints there. Given my flight was short - just over five hours - it was a good experience. I wouldn't be comfortable flying with them on longer flights because of the lack of space. All in all, they got me where I needed to go and that's all that matters.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jean Berube    (Canada)

AC1906, YYZ to VCE on Sat 30 Aug 2014. Booked ticket 8 months in advance: No inflight entertainment system, not at all, not even the old TV screen on the upperhead. You need an iPad to download a specific application to use the inflight system and iPad alone, because they do not sponsor Galaxy. Seats are small with tight leg space (flew a 767-300). What can we say about the flight attendants with their grey hats - who designed this? Flying rouge is like going back in time when flying Air Transat 15 years ago.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 September 2014 by K Barber    (Canada)

My wife and I recently flew from Toronto to Phoenix with Rouge. It all started at the airport when they did not have a flight attendant show up so no one could board for over an hour. I am only 5'9" but found my knees up in my chest during the 4 hour flight and very uncomfortable. Never fly with Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Marc Lapointe    (Canada)

I return from LAX to YVR with Air Canada Rouge. I'm 6'2". There is no legroom. I had my knees against the front seat and my lower back pressured against my seat the entire flight. Extremely uncomfortable and unmanageable. My knees were half way through my neighbours seats. I have always flown Air Canada to have legroom. This time is now over and they now have lost a long time client. I have flown with low cost carriers in Asia and you expect what you pay for. Here, you get less for the same price as before.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Viciana    (Canada)

I had AC Rouge for the return flight of my itinerary (BCN to YUL), and was dreading the 8 hour return trip based on the reviews I read here. I was pleasantly surprised, perhaps due to my own lowered expectations and was compelled to write this review as I don't think this airline is getting a fair shake. The plane itself was clean and in good condition, and the crew was friendly, courteous, and helpful. The flight offered meal service, which was no better/worse than any other airline I've flown. Regarding the leg room, I found no difference between AC Rouge and coach class on other airlines. By comparison, I've flown transatlantic on Air Transat, Air France, and United, and frequently use AC main line within North America. If there is a difference, it's negligible. Overall, I'd say the leg room was "industry standard". For instance, during this same vacation, I took a short haul flight with Vueling which I would say had "no leg room". Regarding inflight entertainment, I consider this a non-issue. Yes, there is no inflight entertainment other than the movies shown on the main cabin screens. However, in this day and age of smartphones and tablets, I was more than satisfied to watch movies of my choice on my phone. The only thing that would've been nice would be to have had USB chargers for devices (my daughters tablet ran out of battery 3/4 way through the flight). Ultimately, my first priority is reaching my destination safely, and for this reason alone I tend to gravitate towards Air Canada. Factor in the competitive pricing, and I'm likely to fly with Rouge again at some point.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Callaghan Ron    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

AC1752, July 31 2014 and AC1753, Aug 7 2014. I have never been so disappointed by an airline! I paid what I thought was business class and found it to be cattle class. Nothing and I mean nothing provided. I will avoid Air Canada vacations if this is their primary carrier! I now have to book a trip to San Diego . Last time it was air Canada and it was business class. Now they dump it to Rouge and they have the nerve to call this business class? Same price without any service. They should be ashamed to call this anything but cattle air. Bring drinks and real food with you! Just fly with them once and you will see!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Boardman Katherine    (UK)

Before booking our flights to Canada we debated between Virgin (our usual airline to the US) or Air Canada. Our agent told us that although Virgin were better Air Canada would be fine with similar legroom, entertainment, food etc. this was last year before anyone in the UK had heard of Rouge. The seats only recline one inch, the person behind me who was just average height had his knees in my back the whole journey, there are no air vents above the seats and the entertainment is shocking. For an airline to introduce a new service which is in effect a transatlantic budget airline but still with Air Canada prices is absolutely appalling.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by S Marotta    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

LIS-YYZ. Poor communication, embarrassing service and a disappointing lack of even a modicum of care about their passengers seems to be how this airline operates. Flight got cancelled in the middle of the night. We received just a text (and not even an email) to a link with our updated flight "status." Essentially, we had two options: stay in a hotel organized by the airline or go on your own and hope to be reimbursed. We were told that we would be rebooked on a flight 21 hours later. After the most unbelievable line at check in (one person said he had been waiting for 2 hours. Note that we were the only AC flight going out that day), we checked our boarding passes to see that we were actually delayed again by another 2 hours, putting us 23 hours behind schedule. We didn't even get a text telling us this, so we woke up at 5 am for no reason. It's not really Air Canada - don't let the name fool you. No attempt to rebook us was made, like a normal airline. I once flew American Airlines, not exactly known for its service, and had a flight cancelled, only to be rebooked (ironically) on Air Canada. Don't expect that decency from Rouge. I will never, ever take this airline again. I'm a proud Canadian but I'll be looking elsewhere. These reviews are awful for a reason. Watch out.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Bobby Giannakopoulos    (Canada)

YUL-YYZ on Air Canada Express, YYZ-LAS on Air Canada Rouge. All the flights went smooth and on time from take off to landing. I knew what to expect when I purchased the ticket on Air Canada Rouge. There's no entertainment, unless you have an Apple device (such as Ipad) and have download their application and be aware there's no charging ports on board. The flight crew was fine nothing special you have to purchase for meals. Overall it's pretty much the same service on a normal Air Canada flight but with less legroom, even in the emergency exists the legroom is not a lot. Overall you get what you paid for on Air Canada Rouge which is fine but don't expect a super service and lots of legroom, unless you fly in Premium class.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Smith    (Canada)

Toronto to Barcelona return in early August. Worst overseas flight I have taken. When I compare Air Canada Rouge to regular Air Canada, it's like night and day. The seats on Rouge are very uncomfortable and cramped. Inflight entertainment is barely acceptable. In order to access it, you have to own an iPad or rent one on board. The movies are old and out of date. On the return flight from Barcelona to Toronto, there was garbage (including used napkins and food) from the previous flight still lying on the ground when we boarded. It was filthy. One of the bathrooms was out of service for the nearly 9 hour flight from Barcelona to Toronto. Every time the seatbelt sign turned off when there wasn't turbulence, people rushed to the bathrooms that actually worked. Flight attendants seemed very young and inexperienced. I will try to avoid Air Canada Rouge in the future. They charge the same airfare as Air Canada regular, except you're getting an inferior service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by C Nakahara    (Canada)

Flew Rouge Flight AC1836 from Phoenix to Toronto on Aug 26, 2014. The worst flight ever! Felt crammed in our seats with no leg room. I am 5'6" and am glad that I was not taller. Could not stretch my legs during the flight and felt the knees of the person sitting behind me most of the flight. I do not understand why we have to rent an iPad for onboard entertainment when a regular Air Canada flight has a touch screen in the seat back directly in front of you. Certainly not the same as a regular Air Canada flight. I will avoid flying Rouge in any way, even taking connecting flights, or changing my destination so that I will not be on a Rouge flight. Unfortunately, Air Canada Rouge is the only option for direct flights for certain destinations. If a discount airline was truly an optional airline, then why don't they also offer regular Air Canada flights to these same destinations. Rouge is every bit a discount airline without the discount price. Avoid Rouge! If Air Canada wants a discount airline, they can offer Rouge with more leg room. At least you know ahead of time that you are getting screwed! I will fly anyone else to avoid Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Marvin Henschel    (Canada)

Our family traveled from Vancouver to Los Angeles with Air Canada Rouge last week. We found the staff to be the nicest flight staff by far from all airlines we have travelled with before. We have flown multiple times with US Airways, Air Canada and West Jet, we found that Rouge was the friendliest by far. An example what the staff did for us if that they saw that we traveled with an infant, the flight was completely full, however the flight attendants get 3 reserved seats at the very back of the plane for them to rest, they gave up this entire row so my daughter could sleep laying down on 2 seats and myself beside her. I usually don't write comments online but I see people always writing poor comments online, I want people to read this and see that the staff do everything to make the flight the best for the passengers, the seats are more tight however their service makes it worthwhile for me to fly with them again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Worby Michelle    (Canada)

I have travelled Rouge last month and if I had a choice as to who to fly with I would never pick Rouge, the seats are crowded. No entertainment available, except at an extra cost. Absolutely disappointed with this flight, we travel Air Canada all the time as we travel to Arizona at least 3-4 times a year with Air Canada and have never had a problem, I travelled this time and it was terrible.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Staebler    (Canada)

I recently booked a flight on the Air Canada website from Toronto to Barcelona and back. Air Canada "Rouge" seemed marginally cheaper, so I went with that. Nowhere in the booking process was there any warning that "Rouge" is essentially AC's version of Air Transat at AC prices: they've ripped out all the seats with entertainment systems and replaced them with pre-1970 style seats, decreased the seat spacing, and if you want a beer or glass of wine, you have to pay through the nose. It would have been nice to have some indication of this in advance! On top of that, the service was slow and terrible. Whoever in AC management thought that creating something as sub-par as Rouge was a wise business decision needs to have their head examined. This will do irreparable damage to AC's already sliding reputation.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J DelGiudice    (USA)

I booked my flight from Rome to Los Angeles with Air Canada, which I have flown with before and enjoyed. It was not until I received my booking confirmation that I realized that the first leg of the trip (Rome to Montreal) was with Rouge and the second leg (Montreal to LA) was with regular AC. After having already committed, I checked the reviews for Rouge and became startled. All of the negative comments had me dreading the trip. It is a long flight, and to be cramped would suck. Much to my surprise and pleasure, the seats were fine! Of course I have noticed that most of the negative reviews were for Airbus planes and we flew on a 767, but the seats were identical to the regular AC flight we took on our second leg. There was plenty of leg room. In fact, there was more leg room on the Rouge flight than on the Lufthansa flight we took getting there. The seats were plenty wide. The staff were a little young, but nice and cheerful. The food was great and plenty of it. I read so many bad things about the lack of inflight entertainment, but then they played two recently released movies on the cabin televisions, more than I got on my last American Airlines flight going the same route. Overall, it was a great flight and experience. In fact, it was much better than the second leg we flew on regular AC, in that the staff sucked on the AC flight and they charged for snacks and food. The only thing better was the in flight entertainment was in the headrests, which is always great. Bottom line, I would definitely fly Rouge again and would recommend to friends.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Bishop Steve    (UK)

They get an overall rating of 2/10 because I at least got to my destination (Edinburgh - Vancouver, return) in the end, and the air hostesses were very pleasant and friendly. However, positives then stop. Inflight entertainment has to be purchased (unless you have an appropriate mobile device on you), 4.5 hour flight from Toronto-Vancouver requires purchase of food, and the was a huge overbooking problem with truly abysmal ground staff help. From Vancouver to Toronto I was put on standby for no apparent reason, despite having an international connection in Toronto and checking in hours in advance. The Air Canada help desk was totally inadequate (1 person only for a long queue, although she was pleasant - maybe because unfairly inconvenienced people were being exceptionally polite to her, despite having massive delays enforced upon them), and the staff at the gate were unacceptably rude. For example, a couple with a baby who had checked in 2.5 hours in advance were rudely told that their failure to get a seat was entirely their fault as they should have checked in even sooner. No apology for what struck me as breach of contract by Air Canada. I eventually did get on my planned flight, but in a very negative state of mind.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Gulliver    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew from Toronto to Rome (Connecting through Montreal), on August 15, 2014. I decided to spend the extra $$ and book a "Premium Rouge" seat. I am 6'3" and normally try and book the "Preferred Seating" on mainline AC for all my flights, just to have the leg/knee room. Flying from YYZ-YUL, was mainline AC and I upgraded the day of to Business Class. I think this gave me a false sense of hope for the Rouge portion of the trip. First off, the plane (767-300), was disgusting. The plane must have been at least 20-25 years old. It was dirty as can be, with seats falling apart in the Premium Rouge cabin. In terms of leg/knee room. It was virtually the same as North American Business Class on mainline AC, so more than enough room, with decent recline for an over-night flight. Nowhere near the quality of the Pod seats, but let's be realistic, I paid substantially less for this flight, as compared to mainline AC Executive First. Second, the staff, as described by many others, were very friendly, young and enthusiastic, however that's where the positive reviews end. It took them over 2 hours to serve the first meal/drink service (there were only 5 people in Premium Rouge cabin) and they were very inattentive. The crew gave me the sense that they were not in control of the flight's service whatsoever. Always seemed un-organized and the so called "Dedicated lead Rouge crew" for Premium Rouge were non-existent. I did not speak to the same flight attendant more than once. All-in-all this was the worst flight experience I have ever had, and I'm saying this knowing full-well what the reviews on Rouge are. I will avoid Rouge at all costs.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Janitens    (USA)

Just had the worst experience on an aircraft, and will never fly Air Canada Rouge again. Flew 8 hours to Venice (9 back). Absolutely no leg room (if you're 5'8' or taller). Seats only go back an inch or two (but then again-that's because there is no leg room). No overhead controls for air. Also took 20 minutes for an attendant to answer our call button. Our movies cut out 6 times. Had to restart and judge where we'd left off. Absolutely dreaded our return flight. Never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Savage Alison    (Canada)

YYZ-MCO. Absolutely terrible leg room! This seems to be a recurring issue based upon the multiple reviews below. Listen up Air Canada, your customers are giving you vital feedback but you appear to be doing nothing about it! Won't be flying Rouge again until something is done about this problem. Smarten up as we have other choices.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Pritchit    (Canada)

Do you prefer quality or cheap pricing? (Vancouver - Maui). My parents, brother, and myself flew to Maui on February 13. Our flight was supposed to leave at 6.20, but we were delayed for 2.5 hours! Once we boarded we then found out that there were mechanical issues, so we had to de-board the Boeing 767-300/ER. Another 2 hours later, and we were finally off to Maui. The flight wasn't anything to write home about - what you would expect from a "low budget" airline. But, what was upsetting is that we did not arrive in Maui until around 4.30-5 in the morning. We had to wait 3 hours until the car rental places opened up. I would not recommend Air Canada Rouge to any Canadians that are planning on going to Hawaii this fall or winter. Take Alaska Airlines or Hawaiian out of either Seattle or Portland. You definitely know what you are getting from those two airlines.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Linda Revels    (Canada)

No seat back entertainment for transatlantic flight Toronto to Dublin, yes I know you can have your personal electronic and download app, but with three kids - nice/need to have hands free! Seats as hard as the road, no leg room, and when I asked flight attendant to ask the person in front to put their seat upright just for the meal service, I was told, no you have to ask them. Shirking the responsibility or what? Instead of fancy ridiculous looking uniforms, that probably cost a fortune, what about spending it on the very outdated 767!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Caru    (Canada)

Flew back from Rome to Montreal (9 hour plus flight) plus had a one hour delay Have been spoiled by the regular Air Canada flights (elite status). Had read emails about the "Rouge" experience from others, well Air Canada has embarked on a journey to destroy their brand which took many years of solid service to develop. Forget the direct flights with Rouge, take the alternatives. My next trip to Europe will be with Lufthansa. Nice to have had the chance to catch up on old movies - due to lack of choice!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 August 2014 by P Rose    (UK)

Premium Rouge

Flew Manchester UK to Toronto, 6/8/2014 - returned 22/8/2014. Chose them because they had a good name, did not realise it was not Air Canada and secondly price. Really good price for this time of year. The cabin crew were young, I like their trendy uniform. I think the return journey crew were better than the outbound, only because going they were asked questions about travel connections and should the passenger pick up their luggage or would it be transferred, they did not know the answer. Also I think the return journey at night is easier for the crew because people sleep. I found the crew very attentive and very friendly, they did not forgot requests from passengers. The downside of the flight - no duty free, I did not realise this on my outward journey. The inflight entertainment, I had read you could purchase a tablet for $10 which I did on my outward journey - the tablet kept freezing whilst I watched a film. I think it took me 3 hrs to watch the film. Other passengers also had problems. I did not purchase the tablet on the return journey but the same thing happened, but they made an announcement that they rebuffed the machine and I think that did work but they didn't do this on the outward journey. The food was ok although I am not a fan of airline food and would of preferred a salad or a sandwich. These days it is hard for crew with food requirements, there were a lot of different diets and it was not made easy when the passengers moved seats but they handled it very well. I would definitely travel with this airline again. My seats were fine, I had leg room. Yes it is no frills but not everyone can afford luxury travel and also don't always rely on bad reviews. I was surprised how good my flights were.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by C Brandon    (Canada)

I am a seasoned business traveller. I've flown just about every week for the past three years, mostly on Star Alliance partner airlines, and very regularly with Air Canada. I flew Air Canada Rouge from Las Vegas to Toronto and was completely and wholly dissatisfied with my experience. I'm a big guy (6'2), but by no means a giant. I could not even come close to fitting my legs straight in my seat. I had to sit with my legs bent for a 4 hour+ flight and am still feeling it in my knees and back two days after the flight. The plane was sweltering hot - I witnessed at least a dozen different passengers complain about how warm it was, only to have the flight attendants tell us that the temperature could not be controlled by them (obviously a lie). And despite being a red eye, the plane flew with significant cabin lighting on. I've flown many red eye's before and have never seen such a bright cabin. I know Air Canada will respond with some ridiculous template message that there is an option for preferred/first class seating with more leg room, but in this case the flight was full and a first class upgrade was going to cost me over $200. I will make it my personal mission to never fly Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Joy Caley    (Isle of Man)

Dublin - Toronto return. After all the bad reviews I've read about Rouge, I was quite apprehensive when the holiday started. We were pleasantly surprised that our trip turned out to be one of the best, yet. The seats we were given were the middle seats, no 15, and my son and I discovered that there was a USB charger. And because I prepared for our trip, we were armed with our ipads complete with the apps. We also noticed that our seats had bigger leg room, unfortunately, the ones behind us had less. Why this is, I don't know. Did we pay a bit more so that we were afforded this comfort? We were also assigned no 13 seats on our return flight so we were anticipating a comfortable ride, but we were fortunately upgraded to premium Rouge so it was even so much better! Can't explain this either, but I'm not complaining! Food was not the best, but reasonable, the premium rouge was not that much better, but was ok. Drinks were constantly offered in our outbound journey, no alcohol, though. In premium, alcohol was free, but it was the cheap kind. Nothing different from what other airlines offer. Air hostesses and stewards friendly and helpful, the toilets were relatively clean, so nothing to complain about, really! Check in both ways were easy, boarding was ok. The plane was late 1 hr coming back, but we had a 6 hr wait for our connection, so no worries there! I'll fly Rouge anytime, but maybe pay the high(ish) fare?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Dallaire Pier-Luc    (Canada)

AC 1920, August 4th, YUL-FCO. AC 1921, August 18th, FCO-YUL. Probably the worst airline I have ever flown with. What a disappointment! Nothing is up to date, old aircraft with no leg room. The application for personal entertainment kept on crashing. Worst food ever. Never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Allan Kawakami    (USA)

Star Alliance Gold Million Miler. I recently flew from Los Angeles to Montreal on Air Canada, connecting to my Rome flight on Rouge. I must tell you, I was terrified to fly Rouge after reading all the reviews. I was seated in Row 27 directly behind the Exit Row with 2 seats next to the window. I will start by saying that the experience on Rouge was good and comparable to other airlines in Coach Cabin (not preferred Seating or Economy plus). The recline was average and leg room fine, I am 5'7' and was able to stretch my leg under the seat. The flight was full and the crew did a nice job with meal and drink service. I would definitely flew them again, not my first choice, but will fly them again if necessary. They did recognize my Star Alliance status and early boarding.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by S Chartrand    (Canada)

I can understand Air Canada trying to compete with other lower cost carriers, but with their Airbus planes used by Rouge I think they have gone too far. Last week I flew from Toronto to Montego Bay with Rouge (Airbus) and 2 days ago the return flight with the same plane. The seat pitch is far to small, I am 5 ft 8 in and my knees had only about 1 inch of clearance and the seat cushions don't have the density to cushion anything. There is a huge difference between Rouge and regular Air Canada flights. I would not recommend Rouge simply due to the uncomfortable seats and the lack of legroom.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by M Atkinson    (Canada)

Flight was Ok, seats seem even smaller, my knees hit the seat in front of me. Entertainment system still does not support android devices - very disappointing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Peter Riga    (Canada)

My family and I flew Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to Athens Aug 5th and back Aug 21st. I was satisfied with the flight and service. Rouge is a discount airline. That means slightly smaller seats, less leg room and paying extra for anything beyond the basics (like liquor). Rouge delivered value for what I paid. The staff are young, pleasant and did a good job. The inflight entertainment worked well. The fact that you need to bring your own device was communicated to us twice by the airline prior to departure and there are plugs to charged your devices on the flight. The food was as good as any economy class food that I've had.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by D Sinclair    (Canada)

AC 1854, 13 Aug 2014, LAS-YYZ. Rouge is an intentional cheat by Air Canada management. This masquerade - selling Rouge under the guise of normal AC is criminal. You don't even know it's Rouge at time of booking. No difference in fare from normal AC. Aircraft (A319) is fine. Staff are fine. Issue is seats and legroom, even for smaller people. Would be OK for flights less than 2 hours, but to use for cross-Canada/US is absolute rubbish. Stand up, Air Canada, and don't even put the label Air Canada before Rouge. We know the game, and it's clear it's all about cheating the customer.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Karen Rudrud    (USA)

AC 1900, Toronto to Athens. July 31st. Such a disappointment! Terrible seats, minimal food, no free alcohol on overseas flights, no in seat entertainment and the crew looked very, very young. We paid far too much for this terrible flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Taylor    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

After 5 flights on Rouge, I will avoid them at all costs and fly any other alternative, most likely WJ from now on. All my rouge experiences have been on the lowly 319's and on YYC-LAS-YYC, but as so many others have stated, leg room is number 1 (I'm 6'2), uncomfortable seats (I can't understand how some reviewers say these are comfortable?), lack of any amenities. Cheerful and enthusiastic, but non-effective FA's, Very poor gate's at LAS (compared to WJ), etc. I've heard the 767's are marginally better (30" pitch vs 29" doesn't sound like anything wonderful), but at this point, I'm not willing to even try if that's an option in the future. AC, you've lost another LT customer.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 August 2014 by A Orzechowski    (USA)

I flew from Toronto (YYZ) to Venice (VCE) on the 767-300ER. Rouge is simple but still provided a pleasant flight. Leg room not bad at all. Flight attendants were all female and young. Hot meal served but alcohol costs money. No video screens but who cares when you have a good-looking crew to look at.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 August 2014 by M Lowe    (Canada)

I knowingly booked on AC Rouge YVR-SFO because that's the only flight which worked with my schedule. Flight was delayed one hour but that's due to SFO runway construction/inbound restrictions. We were kept updated so no complaints there. In all fairness, the in-flight service was no better or worse than any mainline AC short-haul service (that is, serviceable without wow factor.) Where they really fall down is the lack of legroom. 29" pitch felt rather claustrophobic and I'm not even tall. Be warned if you're anything over 5'5". I did appreciate one of the pilots standing by the door thanking passengers upon disembarking. All in all, for an 1 hr 50 flight it really was quite okay and I'd do the same flight with AC Rouge in the future. Any longer I don't think I'll ever go for based on seat discomfort alone. P.S. we were only offered a small cup of juice/pop/water, but for such a short flight I really don't give a toss.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Billingham    (USA)

Flew Toronto to Punta Cana. I booked using Air Canada vacations on mistaken assumption that this would afford me a better seat due to star alliance status. Of my 1 million miles flown, most international, this is my first user review and this flight was the worst seat with the worst legroom that I have ever experienced. Plus, the wonderful person in front of me reclined throughout all the time airborne. I guess buyer beware and I should have researched the airline before but I do feel scammed by AC and won't be flying them again any time soon.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 August 2014 by G Kaluzny    (Canada)

I was expecting an Air Canada flight with the same service I have been used to over the years only to find out at the last minute I was on a Rouge flight. I paid the same price as an Air Canada flight but ended up with Rouge. Just when I was expecting a Calgary - Vegas nice comfortable flight I ended up with this expensive bait and switch. Now if I paid a third less cost for my flight, then it would be no issue.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 August 2014 by James Gadd    (UK)

YYZ-MCO. This is basically a budget airline, so with that in mind it wasn't bad. My main criticism was the terrible legroom - I would suggest they fix the seats in the upright position as the European budget carriers do, because when someone reclines it really is very uncomfortable.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Angelo Comazzetto    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flight 1899 on May 9th. The airline might be marketing this as low cost, but it is certainly low cost for them and not the passengers. I got "rouged" on a "business" flight from Las Vegas and thought for a second I was on Ryanair or Air Berlin. In business, they took the Lufthansa short haul idea of simply blocking the economy seat off next to you. The flight attendant told me after we took off that I would need an app on my phone (how can I get that in flight?) and then halfway through the flight offered me an iPad to use after I complained this was pretty silly. It wasn't cheaper, it wasn't good, it was all around terrible. I guess it helps AC make their sales number, but it sure doesn't help the passengers in any way. Maybe if it was 50% less than what it is now, it might be worth a look. Steer clear!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  16 August 2014 by G Wernicke    (Canada)

6 August, YUL-YYZ (AC 835), YYZ-SAN (AC-Rouge 1887). 12 August, SAN-YYZ (AC-Rouge Business 1886), YYZ-YUL (AC 834). One of the worst flights that I have taken - absolutely no leg room, an entertainment selection that malfunctioned on two flights and shockingly unprofessional service. The worst business class in the industry. The only thing that is low cost about Rouge is the service and comfort.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Jones Desray    (Barbados)

Travelled to Canada from Barbados on July 30th, didn't have a clue that it would not be an Air Canada flight until couple days before departure, when I received an email on this issue. There is no inflight entertainment unless you rent a iPad for CDN$10, the movies are not that up to date either. In the email your are told that if you have an APPLE device, (iPad,iPhone,iPod) you can go on the app store and download the Rouge app with will allow you to watch the movies on your device. All I can say is what a plug for APPLE. Legroom in economy is poor and the seat is uncomfortable. I booked on Air Canada not Rouge and felt cheated especially as I was travelling with an elderly person and a child. Air Canada needs to inform the public upfront and not after tickets are purchased. I have no expectations that our return flight home will be any different.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 August 2014 by T Lockyer    (Canada)

Flight and crew on flight to/from Toronto to Dublin was very good. Confused though since provided wine free on flight to Dublin but charged on the return leg. Seat was broken (would not lock in upright position). Biggest complaint / issue is that Airline allows carry on baggage regardless of size which jammed up overhead storage. One case had to be removed to close bin and was stored by crew in the back. This should be enforced for comfort of all.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Martin Calver    (UK)

We travelled from Manchester to Las Vegas, via Toronto with Rouge. The flight was 3 hours late leaving Manchester, and the organisation at Manchester was dreadful. The crew were very kind and understanding, but the food was poor and left a lot to be desired. The onward flight to Vegas was fine. The return flight from San Francisco was good but the flight to Manchester was again delayed by 3 hours. We then were informed that two passengers had refused to fly, and we had a to wait another 90 minutes while bags were unloaded. It all seemed so laid back. Don't think we will repeat the experience, rather go via Heathrow.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 August 2014 by P Schaller    (Canada)

We flew to Orlando from Montreal last February. The seats had very little padding. It was very uncomfortable. The distance between seats was very little causing great discomfort when the seat in front was pushed back. I had to push it forward to get out of the seat. Entertainment was non existent unless you wanted to pay. We took our own food because of previous experience. All in all, we would not fly Rouge again. We only fly Air Canada because we have very few options.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 August 2014 by D Kemp    (Canada)

When flight was booked we were not told it was Air Canada Rouge and did not find out until we selected seats. Legroom was totally inadequate. I am 6" tall and could not sit with my legs straight forward. I had to angle my legs to fit and that was very uncomfortable for a short flight (2+hrs) let alone if we had been on a long flight. Like most economy flights the service and amenities were non-existent. The least they could do is give you a comfortable seat with decent legroom!

1 2 3 4