Air Canada rouge Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Air Canada rouge
1.0 Star Rating: Very poor

1 2 3 4

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Burt Rick    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

This is the second time we booked Air Canada and was bumped to Rouge. We paid for Air Canada and got its cousin Rouge. As a Super Elite (MM) member I was outraged that Air Canada has the arrogance to throw 5 members of my family on this 3rd world service. Seat too small, flight attendants were mostly arrogant and ignorant except for one mid cabin FA. Can't charge a phone, uniforms look like they are out of a bad movie. I'll be using Westjet for any flights that are not guaranteed "Air Canada" or Jazz.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by C Conde    (Canada)

Flew AC1804 and AC1805 from YYZ to MBJ with a friend and 6 other traveling companions. Our hotel accommodation was booked on our own and not as a part of Air Canada Vacations, therefore, my review is based on the flight experience alone. My standards are not very high. Although I personally work in the customer service industry I live in a small town and am used to small planes with limited leg room and limited services. However, for a flight from Toronto to Jamaica, I expected much more. As I am rather short I did not have an issue with the leg room, but I can see how others may. How can you have a 4+ hour flight with NO in flight entertainment? Yes, IF you have an iPad you can use their "app" to stream movies and TV but the selection was absolutely horrid and the service did not work BOTH legs of our trip. On the way down only the TV shows would stream and on our return both did stream but the application crashed every 1-5 minutes, meaning you would need to relaunch the application and find your spot all over again. In a 4 hour flight we only got through about 1 hour of our movie. If I am ever forced to fly with them again I will make sure to download films prior to leaving or bring a magazine with me - Lesson learnt. Even more frustrating was the lack of communication surrounding this, the flight attendants would constantly say they were resetting the wifi and to stay off of the app for apx 5 minutes while they did this, but no announcement was ever made to the other passengers.. so maybe this is why it never worked. On my return trip I had kindly and politely requested a beverage from 2 separate flight attendants - It never came, after about an hour I ringed my service bell 3 times, still never came.. attendants were never seen again until landing. Perhaps the full capacity Boeing 757 was too much for the crew to handle, I am genuinely not sure. I absolutely loved my vacation but the flight was legitimately the only downside of my experience. If this airline was incredibly low in cost it may be worth the sacrifice but since WestJet is approximately the same fare I will travel to the next city over and travel with them next time I go to Jamaica.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Sharon Friestad    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flight #1897 December 26th. 40 minutes to give us our iPads - there was only 6 of us sitting in Business Class! As the other passengers were served first in a 3 hour flight we couldn't even watch a 2 hour movie. No warm towels prior to dinner, no offer of wine with dinner, no bread rolls, no offer of tea or coffee after. If you are going to charge Air Canada Business Class prices - we deserve Air Canada's business class service. We were forced to fly Air Canada Rouge, but the service was not different than flying with WestJet and paying $25.00 for a premium seat. Could have saved ourselves at least $300.00/per person. Which will be our next choice if this service/price does not improve.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by D Pollock    (USA)

A very early flight from SFO to YVR during the holiday crush was made pleasant by an extremely pleasant and helpful team of flight attendants. I travel a lot and this is the first time I have ever felt compelled to praise cabin service. Thanks for making what I expected to be a miserable experience into a very pleasant one.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Sebastian    (USA)

Not worth flying Rouge unless you are small in stature. Disappointingly tight legroom. Actually laughed when I got to my seat and saw how little legroom there was and then cried when the person in front of me reclined their seat into my knees. First time I ever had my 11 year old daughter commenting how cramped the seats were. Although the flights were cheap, there were comparable deals available for the same itineraries, with better comfort levels. Booked as codeshare on United and tried to reserve seats in advance but was unable to so. Very long holds on the phone with AC, (30 minutes, excellent deterrent). As a Star Alliance Gold, was disappointed with this level of service. Everything else was roughly as expected. Will make a point of avoiding Rouge in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by B Chula    (Canada)

Full flight YYZ-CUN. Seats are hard and the leg room is laughable, but the plane was clean, plenty of food options and the flight attendants were courteous, prompt and served up plenty of beverages throughout the entire flight. Coming from some atrocious US Airways and United Flights, good service and a clean plane makes all the difference. Not as bad as they say and better than some of the other NA carriers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by P Cross    (USA)

Premium Rouge

LAS - YVR connecting to YYC and return YYC to LAS non stop. Booked in the Premium Rouge cabin. There are three rows of 3 x 3 however the middle seat is left unoccupied with two oversized red pillows. The catering is identical to Air Canada Business Class with a menu provided with entrée choices, food is served hot and is good quality and sufficient quantity. Service was professionally casual. My only suggestion for a better service experience would be to hand out the iPads sooner to allow for more access. On both flights the iPads were handed out well after take-off and then they are being collected back just after the pilot announces the descent of the aircraft, which leaves about 30-45 minutes of time when you could be enjoying some entertainment to pass by the time for those who don't read books or bring their own entertainment equipment.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Z Chapman    (Canada)

I was on rouge yesterday for a 5 hour flight from Toronto to Phoenix and it was the worst flight of my life! There was no leg room - never ever again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Chuck Resnick    (Canada)

The worst experience. The 767 appeared like it was built in the 60's. Dull, dingy, worn arm rests. Sears looked worn and out of date. On the way to Las Vegas they played two movies on the big screen and on the way home, none. I will never fly them again. Air Canada should be ashamed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by P Polasek    (Canada)

YVR-OGG-YVR. What a let down! I am a 100 000+miles/year traveller and I was truly disappointed with AC Rouge. It's not cheap, the service is a skeleton of what it should be, seats are very uncomfortable (they simply do not recline). Plane had technical issues both ways (no Wifi, engines would not start etc), seriously - none of this is very confidence building pre-flight. There were delays both ways, premium Rouge does not look much better. Huge disappointment and makes one really reconsider loyalty to Air Canada and it's brand.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Josef Bach    (Austria)

Flight with Canada Air Rouge from Toronto to Orlando. 3 hours of a nightmare. Almost no space for legs, a real squeeze, the plane was dirty, toilets dirty, staff seemed to be fed up, not even a glass of water during a 3 hour trip, thank you Air Canada Rouge, never again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Anthony Betsill    (USA)

12//20/2015 flew to Toronto out of Phoenix, AZ. The leg room was very poor. I am 5ft 10 my knees were about 1 inch from the seat in front of me. Flight crew and flight was good. Coming back from Toronto the seats were even worse, when I sat down in my seat my knees were touching the seat in front of me, poor guy across from me was about 6ft 1 or 2, when the person in front of you decides to recline the seat, the seat is about 14 inches from you nose. When most passengers were loaded we had to wait for a couple of stragglers about 45 minutes, 5.5 hrS on the plane ended up being 6.5 hrs. Flight crew and flight was good.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by C Barr    (Canada)

Booked an AC Vacations package and got rouged. I'm average size and had about 3" of knee room. Seat was uncomfortable, outgoing I had a knee massage from the tall man seated behind me who was clearly struggling in his seat. My partner was served cold coffee and got a shrug when we mentioned it. A women in the row ahead was served cold tea and the flight attended loudly blamed the passenger for putting milk in the tea. Late in the flight I happened to see a flight attendant racing through the cabin silently waving a water jug in front of her body. I suppose that is the Rogue way of offering customers a glass of water? She breezed past our row ignoring our "excuse me". Lesson: carefully check any AC vacations flights to verify the airline. No need to pay extra when you can get better service on Skyservice or Air Transat.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Victoria Bach    (Austria)

We were put on Air Canada since our flight with Lufthansa (Munich - Orlando) was cancelled due to Lufthansa strikes. Air Canada Munich - Toronto was ok. The flight from Toronto to Orlando with Air Canada Rouge was a nightmare. The space between rows was almost zero (maybe 15cm), the seat comfort non existent, since the whole body was squeezed into a ridiculous narrow space. The aircraft was absolutely packed and the service was accordingly. We were not offered any drinks at all, not even water. Drinks and snacks had to be paid for. The crew seemed to be put off and their faces and behavior were off putting for passengers too. The toilets were dirty. If we can avoid flying Air Canada in future, we will do so, just in case we are placed in Air Canada Rouge again. Never again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by O Holmes    (Canada)

Round trip to Orlando from Toronto. So I can put up with horrible seating for 3 hours but sat delayed on arrival for a while due to snow. The crew tried telling us to stay "seated" but no luck. Time to revolt. The absolute worst seating. I will connect, jump on any other carrier, drive or walk before Rouge ever gets another dime from us unless they move the seats back. All for 2 more rows? Time to listen to your loyal customers and free us from Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Barry Hurndall    (Canada)

We have had the unfortunate experience of flying AC Rouge on two recent trips, one to Rome and one to Cuba. This is without doubt the worse excuse for an airline anywhere. The staff are poorly trained, slow and disinterested. The seats are way beyond uncomfortable - for anyone over 5'8" they are brutal. The food is atrocious and the entertainment non existent. I normally fly AC wherever I go in Canada, or overseas but will not use AC Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by K David    (Canada)

YVS to LAS on Christmas eve. Flight left close to on time and arrived on time, but took forever to find a gate. The flight itself was OK. No real positives aside from on time departure and arrival. The seating is incredibly cramped, seats are the most uncomfortable ive experienced, and the crew are stretched and stressed. Inflight entertainment is also non-existent, even with the AC app that kept on crashing. I get the idea of no-frills airlines but call it what it is (don't fly as AC) and the price really isn't that much cheaper. I'll be back to United or Westjet next time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Tom MacGowan    (Canada)

Terrible, I am 6'2" and my legs were cramping up. Felt sorry for the passenger in front of me as my knees were in her back. I stood up as much as I could to make the flight from Phoenix to Toronto bearable. Needed an app to use iPad on flight but had no idea ahead of time. Those who had app didn't do much better as system kept failing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Unwin Valerie    (Canada)

My husband and I were booked to fly from Honolulu to Vancouver on Air Canada Rouge on Thursday December 18 at 11.15pm. Moments after pushing back from the gate the pilot addressed the passengers to tell us there was a small problem with the brakes and maintenance would be called to inspect and repair them. After several announcements and hours later there was no resolution. The Air Canada ground staff had no authority to provide answers to the passenger. By 2.30am we still had zero information and the Air Canada staff told us they could not provide us with food vouchers or water. They had no access to blankets or pillows either. Families with small children and infants, as well as the elderly, were unfortunately required to be patient or leave the gate and go to a hotel as their own expense. By 4.30 am we were still at the gate but the flight crew was relieved of their duty and sent to a hotel. Passengers demanded answers and grew angrier but the ground crew was unable to provide any assistance as they waited for instructions from head office. By 6.30am we were told that Air Canada was trying to find hotel accommodations for the passengers but we needed to be patient. By 7.15 we were instructed to go and wait downstairs and a shuttle bus would take us to a nearby airport hotel. Again there was no assistance to escort families with children or the elderly to the shuttle bus location. By 7.45am the first of three buses arrived and we were taken to the hotel. Hotel staff told us to wait as they had not been given authority to check us in. In total the last passenger to be checked in at the hotel was processed by 10am. Air Canada Rouge is the worst airline I have ever experienced.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Anthony Betsill    (USA)

Our son lives in Canada. We have traveled numerous times to Toronto out of Phoenix, AZ. We had not heard of AC Rouge until our son booked the flight to Toronto in the latter part of Nov. Then I started looking on the Internet about AC Rouge. We never buy food or drinks nor movies on any plane so no problem there. Flight was good, other than the terrible seating, i am 5'10 and my knees were touching the seat in front of me, then the guy in front of me moved his reclining seat back then it made his seat about 14" from my face. Such terrible leg room makes it quite an ordeal for anybody going to the restroom.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Tessier Kevin    (Canada)

Flew YUL-LAS a few weeks ago. First of all mechanical issues, we were delayed 75 mins out of the gate. Second, as most Rouge commenters here, no IFE (bring your iPad for a selection of outdated movies), you get an ice-filled Coke (maybe 30 ml at best) and uncomfortable, cramped seats. The fellow next to me was overweight and snored/slept on my shoulder the entire trip. They ran out of food too, which angered a lot of passengers at the back. To make things worse, we had no gate assigned in Vegas and sat on the tarmac for 40 mins. Luggage somehow also took an addition 35 mins. Yes it was direct from Montreal, that was the only redeeming feature. However next Vegas trips in 2015 (2 of them) will be booked on other carriers (American, Delta or WJ), AC Rouge will never have my money, huge contrast with the main airline which that is average at best.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Russo    (Canada)

If Rouge were indeed a discount airline at discount pricing, I would get it. But it's not. You pay full fare to sit with your knees in your chin, to have inflight entertainment that is older than my grandfather, and food that isn't fit to be served to livestock. Truly a race to the bottom. Old Air Canada slogan, "We're not happy unless you're not happy" Sad, but very true. 5 hours from Toronto to St Martin. Suicide would have been less painful.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by H Cheng    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is not recommended for tall people due to the extremely cramped legroom in economy class. Flew from YVR-LAS on Air Canada Rouge, the seat is very disappointing, very little legroom. It's like sardines being packed into a can. Staff service was okay. Food was average and they really need to improve the inflight entertainment. The things I would say to improve Air Canada Rouge is to increase legroom to at least 33" inches. And Premium Rouge on Boeing 767 aircraft should have flat bed seating instead of cheap recliners. Think about it Air Canada Rouge. Do something that can improve customer/inflight service.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Dean Smith    (Canada)

Must say I'm very sad that the Air Canada Vancouver to Maui flight is now Rouge. I typically fly that route 3x per year. I have chosen to fly AC over Westjet for years because of the comfort. Well it isn't comfortable anymore. Shame on you Air Canada! I feel like I should say something positive first - the staff are young and fresh. Now the negative: First it was the most I have ever paid for a flight to Maui $1400. That doesn't seem like a budget airline to me. I felt like I was being gouged. Secondly it is first time I have arrived with a sore back. The seats look not bad but they are horrible!! I'm not tall so the space was Ok but the seats the worst possible design for your back and they barely recline at all. I'm dreading the night flight back! Finally the wifi entertainment system (that I was actually looking forward to) has an old and poor selection of movies and TV shows, transmits in very low resolution, and crashes every 10 minutes or so. I did persevere with one movie but had to restart it at least 7 times. Bye bye Air Canada! I've always been a supporter but think I'll be booking with Westjet next time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by L Perry    (Canada)

YVR-PVR-YVR, Dec 6-13/14. I would advise you not to travel with Rouge if you are above average size as seating is extremely tight. Since I am of average size and my flights were on time, I can hardly fault them. I also got a great deal on this particular flight, but this was definitely an anomaly as I see the flights for the same route to PV are now upwards to $1200. I'm ok paying cheap fares for cheap product/service, but $1200 for a 5 hour flight is ridiculous in the extreme. I only paid about a 1/3 of that for these particular flights, which makes this review ok. BRING your own entertainment. Food is buy on board, same as everyone else. I've flown Westjet on this route lots of times and Westjet is no better or worse. They are extremely tight and no cheaper. My advice is know what you are getting into and do not pay/sit in Premium (not worth the extra $$). If the flight is too expensive then vote with your feet. Unfortunately we are a captive audience as Westjet's prices are the same if not higher.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Panat    (USA)

Yes, it was a great deal but c'mon! The staff was just ok, no TV's or screens but you can rent an iPad for $10.? Like we are already not paying enough to airlines. No music stations either. The only advantage of my flight was that no one was next to me (sheer luck!) so I was able to stretch and sleep. The plane was dirty and you can see that the sides on the floor have not been vacuumed or cleaned in a long time.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by P Meyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Just returned Vancouver/Maui return in worst flight of my life. Air Canada switched to Air Rouge after we had paid for business class and value for money was atrocious. Both ways, drink tray would not pull out and only one reading light worked. Used warm facecloth to wipe down table top and arm rest (filthy). Table tray in arm rest reduced seat width. No lumbar support in seat. Middle row had to ask to have reading lights turned off for whole section on return (red eye) flight so they could sleep. Food on flight over acceptable, breakfast meal on return flight edible. The only 2 good things I can say about the complementary IPads are: didn't have to pay for it in Premium Rouge, and I finally learned how to play Angry Birds because the movie selection was "thin". Staff were "preppy" and helpful but they must be exhausted by having to constantly apologize "we're working on it" when customers complain. On return flight there was no AC on the ground in Maui and then when airborne, economy class passengers froze and we sweltered in Premium Rouge. I will never fly this airline again and will think twice about AC overall.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Vic Singh    (Canada)

Vegas from Toronto. When I called them to book specific seats I was on hold for over 45 mins. When I spoke to the travel site about this they said this is quite normal. We couldn't print boarding passes from their site. When called Rouge it was another 1 hour on hold. She said there seemed to be a problem with the site and to just print them out at the airport. We paid extra ($160 for 2 people/round trip) to seated by the emergency seats for the extra leg room. There seemed to be a problem with their heating because it was freezing the whole time. The food was bland and cold within seconds of receiving it. The flight attendants took forever to carry out requests.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Barry Sjolin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I am an Altitude 50K member and have been for several years. I use Air Canada a lot. I swear it is the best airline in the Star Alliance and at least the Top 5 world wide. I traveled to Las Vegas this past weekend and was relegated to 'Rouge' because Air Canada does not fly there any longer. If you want to fly AC to Vegas - you must be rouged. The airfare (Flex) was more expensive (21% to be exact) then the Flex fare for September 2013. There are no amenities. No inflight entertainment. Oh sure, you can watch a stream on your ipad or iphone - but there is no way to keep your device charged because in this, the 21st Century, some engineer decided there was no need for power supplies. Force people to watch on their electronic devices, but don't allow them to charge. I used my upgrade points to 'Premium Economy' - although the ticketing laughingly refers to it as Business class. Seats are the same size as in economy, no power, no entertainment and yet - the same amount of credits are required. Thank god they at least had more leg room. But that's all they had. My food was adequate, beverage service was slow and there are only 12 seats to serve. In the spring as I will be forced to Rouge again - and it will be the last and final time. I could go on, but why bother. United Airlines, here I come.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by D Royal    (Canada)

We just came back from the Dominican Republic and all I have to say about Air Canada Rouge is that the aircraft and staff are ok but the seats are the worst I have encountered and I have been flying since the early 60's. The seat basically has no bottom cushion. It is hard and extremely uncomfortable. The pitch between the seats is OK if you are 5 feet 2 but otherwise your knees hit the front seat and if by chance the front passenger reclines OUCH!!! The seat cushion is also not long enough and offers no thigh support. I will never ever fly Air Canada Rouge again until they change their seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by P Meyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Just returned from Maui, originally booked business class AC and were switched to Premium Rouge without adjustment in our fare. Flight over on 5 Dec was good but drink tray broken and my reading light would not come on. Food very good and drink selection excellent. Seat area filthy and when I wiped the table tops and arm rest with my warm towelette, it came back black. Inflight use of IPad nice but the system kept freezing up and having to be restarted. Flight Maui to Vancouver 14 December was awful. Air conditioner turned off on tarmac so we roasted until after take off, then we still roasted in Premium and Economy froze. Same broken seat issues. Not all of the inflight IPad items were working. Crew seemed disorganized (took 45 mins to deliver breakfast trays and not all 24 people in Premium bothered to eat). Coffee offered on an individual basis Once). Overall we were terribly disappointed. My husband is an AC Elite/Altitude flyer but we have decided to go with another carrier on our Europe trip this fall. We will never fly Air Rouge and when we go back to Maui, it will be with Westjet or Alaska Airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Wichtel    (Canada)

We generally find our experience in overseas travel "average" on AC compared to other airlines, but our first Rouge flight to Honolulu was nightmare for us. We travel back and forth to NZ frequently. We understand the YYZ - HNL is a new service but we would encourage AC to rethink making such a long flight and large plane a Rouge flight - it just doesn't work. The cabin crew were inexperienced and completely overwhelmed. We were 4 hours into a 10 hour flight before we were offered even a glass of water. Another 4 hours before we saw them again. The back and forth required to supply meals, iPad etc, to passengers made the rest of the flight service very sub-standard. Once you got your iPad the entertainment selection was the worst I have ever experienced in my long years of flying. For long overseas flights (yes, this is every bit an long haul international flight), AC should retain the standard approach of meals and drinks supplied at appropriate times. It was unfair to the crew and unfair to the passengers. The nickel and diming for every single thing is ridiculous (to have to pay for a blanket when the people by the windows are freezing is inhumane!), I doubt most people want their vacation to begin with such a sour experience. Even at the risk of a few more dollars on the ticket. I am sure most passengers left the flight feeling tired, hungry, thirsty, cold and bored. We did.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Gallant David    (Canada)

HNL- YVC 15-12-14. We had been advised that our return flight was to be with AC Rouge. Having read a number of negative items concerning Rouge we were not expecting anything different. However we went with an open mind. The crew were professional and gave good service considering that it was a red eye flight. Departure and arrival were both timely. We sat in preferred seating which was much better than the regular economy seating. The seats were comfortable however did not recline too much. From a safety perspective I was unable to hear some of the announcements. There was no track lighting in the aisles. The overhead directional lighting did not work. Overall the aircraft 767-300 was clean. The toilets were cleaner than other AC flights that I have taken. The food for purchase was good however way overpriced. The funky uniforms of the flight attendants could be more professional. Ditch the hats. This is considered a no frills concept. They didn't miss the mark in that statement. The cost however is greater than mainline AC. I downloaded the AC Rouge APP and viewed some of the movies etc. They could do better as a lot of the downloads were old. For example, I love Lucy, Auntie Maime etc. Not worth purchasing the $10.00 iPad usage. Would I fly AC Rouge again? Firstly we fly every year to Hawaii. AC provided good service and we enjoyed those flights. We will no longer fly AC Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Hiebert    (Canada)

I might as well join the ranks of most of the reviewers, Travel AC1810, 29 Nov, YYZ-CUN, B767 and AC1813, 6 Dec, CUN-YYZ, A319. Both flights on time, Inflight service about the same as AC mainline, Inflight entertainment, not bad, but content very dated. Seat comfort - B767 leg room about the same as a lot of Westjets B737, A319 leg room, my wife is 5',6", she didn't enjoy the return flight at all, I" 6',4' and scored the 18F emergency exit window (no 17F in front of you) so legroom wasn't an issue with me this time, if I haven't been able to score 18F, I know I would have been in for a world of pain. The seat has very little padding and the front on the seat is angled down, so you feel like you could slide off the seat. As for recommending to others, if you are travelling to a Sun Spot for holidays, you have very little choice for a comfortable non stop flight these days on any Canadian carriers. The trend is squeezing more seats on an aircraft world-wide and passenger comfort is impacted.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by McLelland Lauryn    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is a service that should be eliminated. I paid for a preferred seat on a flight from Toronto Ontario to Liberia Costa. The seat was cramped and I am average weight at 5'7". There are only 3 sandwich offerings of which they ran out of one before the flight was a third complete. If you need to use the toilet facilities it is difficult as the carts were frequently in the aisles blocking the access to the only bathrooms at the rear of the plane. When I asked if I could use the toilet in the Premium section, I was told I had to wait until the beverage service was complete in my section. When the attendant was not looking, I used the Premium toilets. The fact that you must use your own devices to watch movies is the biggest money extraction ploy. There were no plugs to recharge devices. Staff were pleasant but working in difficult circumstances. Never will I use this service again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Holm    (Canada)

My husband I recently flew on Rouge YYC-LAS return. We were, to this point, both loyal AC customer and my husband is Super Elite. Air Canada Rouge is a step back air travel! The seats are cramped, my husband is 5'10" and his knees were touching the seat in front of him. And that was without them reclining! The flight was very cramped and uncomfortable. I cannot imagine a long haul flight with this airline. Well in fact we won't do it. The entertainment system is terrible, a bunch of old movies I have already seen. Doesn't even come close to Air Canada's system. I will not fly Rouge again, it is a discount airline that costs the same. And they just announced Air Canada is rolling out domestic Rouge flights from YYC. VERY disappointing. Guess we will be flying WestJet a lot more from now on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Lawson    (Canada)

This airline demonstrates that it is a race to the bottom. I flew from Calgary to Vancouver on a regular AC flight - fine - I had 6 inches between my knees and the seat in front. From Vancouver to San Francisco my knee was jammed into the wire support for the magazine holder attached to the seat in front. Why? This was not a leisure trip - it was business - and I booked on AC.com not Rouge.com. I could not open my laptop. I got a water about 2 hours in when we stared the descent. Air Canada did have a little Rouge Logo on next to the flight. I will be avoiding that logo in the future. The upbeat uniforms and the Fedora made me even more annoyed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Michael Davies    (UK)

Manchester - Toronto. This is without doubt the worst airline in the world. And its up against some pretty stiff competition such as Ryanair, Air Asia and Spirit. I am now reluctant to use the brilliant main line Air Canada just in case they change the route to a Rouge. I hope the executives see the reviews - they have created a dreadful airline and I wonder how long it will be until this airline is wound up.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Bob Harrison    (USA)

While the services associated with flying have been going downhill in the US, I just can't believe the return flight I had from Phoenix to Toronto. I am 5' 11" and I had zero leg room on my flight. There were other passengers around me who were all looking bewildered and as a group the feeling was "really". So after we boarded they started playing up the rental revenue pitch for iPADS and the app they have for watching on your personal device, but here is a clue AC. Why not make an announcement in the terminal area before the flight so you can download the app that you need to watch on your personal device. Absolutely nothing positive about this airline. They were not less expensive and cattle are treated with more respect. I will never fly Air Canada again because of this experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by John A March    (Canada)

Having Just flown Air Canada Rouge Toronto to Dublin Ireland I would comment that the seats are much smaller than normal Air Canada flights. The seat padding is non existent, there is no entertainment unless you have an apple device, no other devices work and given that android is at least 1/2 of the market they should also work. Generally I will never fly Rouge or for that matter Air Canada again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Bruce    (Canada)

Kahului, Maui to Vancouver. Flight 1828 on Dec 4. We booked a regular AC flight. It was changed to Rouge. It was without a doubt the worst flight we have had and we fly quite often. The seats are hard. The seat recline is negligible. We are tall (6'4") and it was impossible to sit with knees forward. The plane was very noisy. We had another flight booked with regular AC which was also changed to Rouge. I cancelled and received a full refund.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by T Domenici    (Canada)

We flew to Rome in September on AC and were booked on AC Rouge out of Venice. We assumed that Rouge was just a marketing gimmick. Were we wrong. Upon boarding the new 767 we all thought our 9 hour flight to Toronto would be relaxing. Then we got under way and the surprises kept coming. Cramped seats, barely recognizable food, no monitors for entertainment. The stewardesses took the brunt of criticism for AC Rouges lack of communicating that, in fact, ACR is actually a no frills carrier. Not cheaper but "no frills". Add to that $ 6.50 for a warm, 4 oz. white wine and $ 10.00 for an Ipad and you get the feeling that perhaps Rouge should re-think a strategy that will cost them customers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Peter Judd    (Canada)

My wife and I flew to Phoenix, mid November on Rouge. It was our first experience with Rouge, not by choice, and it will be the last. We flew about 5 hours each way sitting in very cramped conditions, very little room when trying to walk down the aisle (passengers are not going to get out of that plane in an emergency situation) and a pathetic entertainment system. My wife found she could not turn the pages of her magazine as it lay on the table without hitting the seat back because it was so close to her. It was an almost impossible task to try to reach down to grab a bag under the seat. Flight crew did not address my concerns that I voiced twice, assuring me they would come back, that the seat if front of me was fully reclined (which isn't much with Rouge by the way) during landing giving me almost no space between me and the setback. My wife and I agree that we will make sure we do not fly Rouge again, flying the competition instead.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Christie    (Canada)

Aeroplan member since 1987. Went out of my way to fly AC (even if it was a few $$ more). It's now done. AC Rouge from Las Vegas to YYZ. Full disclosure, we "lucked into" front row of economy with 35" seat pitch so was not too bad, however looking at those crammed into 29" pitch seats made me squirm. There are plenty of other options at the same price. After 25 loyal years I will now go out of my way to avoid AC.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by B Davis    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I had my first experience on AC Rouge this week with a flight to, and then return from, Las Vegas. I am a very frequent flier, almost exclusively with AC logging about 75 flights per year. Business class pretty much all the time because of upgrades. Wow, this was an unpleasant surprise. Horrible seating-cramped with marginal width in the seat and little leg room. Old planes I guess so the lack of quality in flight entertainment (iPads with video choices matching the age of the planes). All this for the price of regular AC Business Class! I will never fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S David    (Canada)

YYZ-MCO is a new low for Air Canada. This is a flight that is filled with parents and children headed to the wonderful world of Orlando and most of them have come to expect the TVs and other amenities to be a part of AC flights. That is no longer the case - no TVs, no plugs and no leg room leads to a very uncomfortable flight for all. I'm a AC super elite passenger and do anything I can to avoid taking the rouge flight including driving 3 hours to Fort Lauderdale to catch the AC proper flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Fagan Greg    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

While the service is similar to a regular Business Class flight on Air Canada the seating is in no way business or premium. The seats are narrow with limited leg room - there is no arm rest or power outlets. The large pillows you receive take up the centre seat as a business traveler if I pay more and I expect more from Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Clifford Lax    (Canada)

Rouge is to be avoided whenever possible. I have travelled both in Economy and in their "Premium Class" which is the same economy seat with the middle seat left unsold. A few inches greater leg room but with a huge increase in price. Air Canada has made a huge miscalculation.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by M Mosher    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Toronto to Phoenix in Premium Rouge and was was very disappointed with the quality of this section. Instead of wider seats, the seats are three across with middle seat blocked. I'm not impressed with the iPad entertainment system either. On other AC flights, one can start watching a movie while still on the ground. In this case we were several minutes in the air before getting the iPad. The selection of movies and TV programs was poor and not to my taste at all. The staff were friendly but were absent a lot. I will avoid Air Canada Rouge in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R K Englehart    (Canada)

Flew from Honolulu to Vancouver AC Rouge Nov. 29th 2014. This was a very disappointing flight for many of the following reasons. Changed our tickets from AC to AC Rouge. No leg room and we are not tall. Seats uncomfortable. I completely froze all night long. I requested a blanket and they said yes for eight dollars. No entertainment unless you pay ten dollars for an iPad, unable to see the safety demo.. Unable to sleep as crew in seat behind us talked and laughed all night. We will not fly AC Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by C Petersen    (Canada)

Recent flight on Air Canada rouge was terrible. The seats were so uncomfortable and narrow. The "new" entertainment they couldn't get working. This flight was terrible and unfortunately I have three more flights booked with them. My mother was in Premium Rouge and the seats weren't much wider and yet they charge hundreds more. My advise is don't waste your money. Pick another option any option is better than Air Canada rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Longo    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Paid extra for premium seats which were no better than economy on a regular flight. Leg room was horrible. Service from attendants was the worse I have had on any flight ever! The worst thing of all is that now flying direct from Toronto to Vegas, this is all I can get unless I take the red eye. These flights should only be flying locally and no more than 1.5 hr flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Gordon Jeffrey Parks    (Canada)

Less for more. London(ON)-Toronto-Tampa return on Rouge. Small seats and no screens so it was impossible to see the safety demonstration. 3 cabin crew who were expected to serve close to 200 passengers. On the way down one toilet was closed and on the way back one toilet had no water for washing but the crew had thoughtfully put a few packs of handwipes in the toilet. Drinks while going up in price arrived pre-poured not cans of mix and miniatures.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Kelly    (Canada)

I couldn't care less if the flight attendants are happy or sad or dressed like an 80's boy band. I also couldn't care less about the inflight entertainment or the food they serve. However I do expect a comfortable seat. At 6'2, 200 lbs I was unable to move my legs throughout the flight. My knees were firmly lodged into the seat in front of me as well as a metal armrest on the widow side. I couldn't utilize the space under the seat for extra leg room because the pitch of the seats. It was without a doubt the most uncomfortable flight I have ever had to endure. Luckily the couple in front of me (the gentleman was also jammed into his seat) looked back and we're horrified by how I was crammed into the seat and didn't recline their seat back otherwise It would have been unbearable. My flight was only 2.5 hour so I can't even fathom being on a 6 or 8 hour flight with this airline. I have always been a big fan of Air Canada but I will never, I repeat never, fly Rouge again even if I was given tickets.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  4 December 2014 by C Barre    (Canada)

With Air Canada Rouge, the travel experience has been taken to a new low. We had the unfortunate experience of flying with them to Barcelona and will never travel with them again. The planes are old. I paid extra to get an exit row and was still beyond cramped. The inflight entertainment (an extra cost requiring you rent an iPad from them) features third run movies and old television series. The food is tepid and the planes desperately needed to be cleaned. Whatever you do avoid this airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by A Mitchell    (Canada)

YYZ-LAS return. I have been a loyal AC customer and Super Elite. Air Canada Rouge is a step back in customer service and flight comfort. The seats are cramped and uncomfortable. A four hour flight and one cup of cold tea, regular flights on AC the service is night and day. I will not fly Rouge again, the price of a ticket is not a bargain. Extremely disappointing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by R Sawyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

YYZ-MCO return. Service and food were up to mainline AC business class standards, however the seats were regular Rouge but with a much better seat pitch. Since they do not sell the middle seat, I see no reason why they could not go the extra mile and have wider seats. All the privileges of AC Business class: free checked bags, priority boarding, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority security at MCO all made it worth the extra cost, which was not too excessive. Not particularly impressed with the iPad entertainment system, but it worked and there was a reasonable choice of things to watch. This is by far the only way to survive Rouge. I looked back to the cheap seats and it looked awful: an impression confirmed by some who traveled back there. Not up to AC Business Class, mainly due to the poor seating, but acceptable for a relatively short flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Byers Martha    (Canada)

As a paraplegic, I have no complaints about how the airline handled me. I have flown Air Canada for years and all that has come to a stop, I flew AC 1891 on October 25th 2014. Tampa to Toronto. While I do not fault the airline for its taking off late, (was boarded first 30 minutes late) As a result of rainy weather (I assume), we sat waiting on the runway for an hour. Once we did take off, there was one food cart, don't order food, as I have found all the items disgusting (especially the veggie wrap). They also had one beverage cart. Food cart came first. I like to have a glass of wine or at least water while I fly. One hour and ten minutes in to the flight I was finally offered a beverage. I am 5 ft 4 and 125 pounds and I was packed in to the seat. If you are over 5 ft 9 I would not book AC rouge. There was zero entertainment on board. As I am accustomed to watching a film when I fly, I did not bring reading material. No TV. No music, no view, nothing. Also to add insult to injury, I flew AC rouge last time, business class and don't bother. Seats are three across with a pillow in the middle seat. The seats are not comfortable and the price outrageous!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by J Grodzki    (USA)

Flew from Vancouver to Honolulu on what I thought was Air Canada but was, instead, Rouge. It was the most uncomfortable flying experience I've had in years of travel on many airlines. Checking in at Vancouver International was handled by Air Canada ground staff in the usual courteous and efficient way, but when boarding the aircraft I was surprised to see the flight attendants dresses in their ridiculous uniforms and hats and the drab decor of the aircraft. I squeezed into my seat and soon realized the next six hours were going to be an ordeal. Are you kidding me? I am very average, slim, 6 feet in height, and I could not sit in my seat with my knees in front of me. The seats are hard, barely recline, and are immensely uncomfortable. The flight attendants were pleasant when they were around. No entertainment, cramped seats beyond description made for a very long six hours. I am very disappointed to learn that Rouge is taking over all flights to Honolulu. This move by Air Canada is a terrible business decision. I will book with any other airline other than Rouge in the future. Never again Rouge!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  1 December 2014 by J Austin    (Canada)

Air Canada Rouge is an experiment that has to go away. I flew from Toronto to Phoenix and at 5' 10" was crammed into my seat with absolutely no leg room. The service was horrendous and many 'customers' of Air Canada were more than unhappy after the five hour flight. The wifi entertainment system, complete with antiquated movies and shows, was intermittent and froze at regular intervals.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Janelle Lise    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I have had the unfortunate experience of having no choice but to have to fly with Air Canada 'Rouge'. Trying to make a more uncomfortable way of flying, just as expensive as before sound 'cool'. I am a frequent flyer with Air Canada but I am seriously considering not flying with them anymore because of these new ways of trapping us. I am supposed to be flying to Maui in January and they get you because you have no choice but to fly Rouge for the last long leg of the journey from the west coast to Hawaii. I have flown premium (which was really not premium at all from the USA with not even a meal or drinks and I have flown economy, which is smarter because you don't get much difference for how much more you have to pay.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  25 November 2014 by M Smith    (Canada)

This is the worst ever airline I have had the misfortune of flying. My husband didn't even have enough room to sit with his legs in the seat. He is 6'3". Had to sit with his legs in the aisle. The seats have a slant so that you cannot sit comfortably. The seat in front of us was in our face it is so close. This flight to Europe had food that made plastic taste good. Breakfast! A joke. There is absolutely no entertainment? Well, unless you wanted to rent an iPad. If I could rate less than one star, I would.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Jorgenson    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flight 1914/1915, Sep 2014. Air Canada rouge is the worst experience I've had on an airline. I am a loyal Air Canada customer and have been flying with "status" for over 12 years, and just recently flew Toronto-Barcelona in their "premium economy". The seats are incredibly hard, close together and barely recline. The service is both minimal and terrible with undertrained staff who have to read the "directions" out of a book when they do the announcements. They barely served the economy customers at all, and spent most of their time in the front. I will choose another airline rather than fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Shoshana Orner    (Canada)

October 5, AC 1900. I was flying from Toronto to Athens and I can only eat kosher food. When I booked, I made sure to tick off that I needed kosher food and I called the day before my flight to confirm. Yet, when I got on the plane, they had no kosher food to speak of for me. The stewardess was completely cold and didn't even attempt to make any accommodations. I was very upset because I had a 12 hour stopover in Athens with no food, on top of a 10-hour flight. I was very unimpressed.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by R McLaughlin    (Canada)

We flew Toronto to Dublin, when booking the flight it was simply Air Canada, it wasn't until we were boarding we saw the air hostesses wearing those ridiculous trilby hats that I realised something wasn't quite right. Safe to say the worst flight I have been on. Very unprofessional staff, the food was cold and horrible. Neither me nor my boyfriend ate it. The planes are very cramped and the seats are terribly uncomfortable. I definitely would not recommend them for a long haul flight. I paid $1200 to be squished in a seat for almost 8 hours with a rented tablet and a headphone dock that didn't work. Also, when you usually travel with any airline you expect a certain level of professionalism in how the staff not only act but how they dress, Air Canada Rouge staff look very scruffy. Shirts untucked, unbuttoned, as I said ridiculous hats, just not what you would usually expect-but maybe that last part is just me!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Cox Robert    (Canada)

Very surprised, wrote a negative review just a few months ago. Took same flight in November and it has changed very much for the better. New aircraft, 767, great leg room (was my biggest beef in first review), very comfortable flight. Crew were professional, plane was on time, and the plane was in GREAT shape. They honoured seat selection and made check in easy. We enjoy going to Cancun a few times each winter and I am glad they changed the leg room for better.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Niwa Greg    (Canada)

A319, YYC to LAS return - the most uncomfortable aircraft I have ever flown in. With my seat back upright and the person in front of me reclined it 13 inches from his seatback to my nose - you don't have to think too hard to guess what the leg room was like. It amazes me to what lengths these airlines go in cramming seats into claustrophobia situations and people just take it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Nott Sonya    (Canada)

My husband is just over 6 feet tall. Not abnormally tall for a man. He had the centre seat in economy and he was not able to sit with his knees in front of his body. I can't believe that air travel has stooped to such an amazing low. We flew home from San Francisco - not even a candy to pass around the cabin. Pretty sad and cheap. The staff, while pleasant enough, couldn't rattle off the safety spiel fast enough. I really do despair at how low air travel has fallen. Maybe the price does need to go up because this competitive cheap pricing just makes me want to spend any vacation I have at home.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Laarni Hall    (Canada)

By far the most uncomfortable flight I've experienced! Flew to Phoenix and back on same plane last week. Not much leg room. Tough to get out. Didn't recline seat because it will give rear passenger even less space. Felt bad for people above 5' and people with disabilities. Entertainment not worth it. Movies were outdated. Won't fly Air Canada if this is their new way of flying. Will go for West Jet!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Jon Walker    (Canada)

Very disappointed with Air Canada Rouge. I thought that after reading the negative reviews online before our travels, it would surely not be that bad, but alas, our experience was as disappointing as the many previous reviews. If you are hoping that Rouge will 'get you into the mood' for your vacation, then you should seriously think about choosing a different carrier. Flew YYZ to LAS on Nov 6th 2014 on a 767. Nothing has been updated on this aircraft, except for the new thinner seats. Leg space is inadequate. The carpet looked like it had not been cleaned. Reading lights did not work, and after asking two crew members why not, the response was 'not sure'. The poor people in the rows ahead reading lights stayed on the entire flight, and could not be turned off. Inflight movie and TV selection is very poor, and only available on your mobile device, otherwise $10 to rent an iPad. Being a proud Canadian, this is not an airline that makes me proud at all. A Star Alliance member offering this product, really? You can do better. I will certainly not book on Air Canada Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Jo-Anne Gagner    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Paid for first class but we just had an empty seat between my husband and I. We feel like we were mislead and very dissatisfied with the quality of the service. Letting me use an ipad for a few hours was not worth the extra hundred's of dollars.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Trites    (Canada)

The worst long distance flight I have experienced - Toronto to Venice (flew Air Canada from Vancouver to Toronto). The trip from Toronto could not have been more unpleasant from staff to seating, entertainment and meals. Unable to see steward giving safety information (no video equipment). Dinner was delivered, consisting of pasta which had freezer burn with a tough and flavourless beef stew on top. No choices. Drinks were not offered. Managed to get some water. Breakfast was 1/2 piece of banana loaf. Coffee came in tiny cups - no refills ever offered even after request. Seats cramped - no personal control of air conditioning, etc. Very cold in our section. If I had wanted to watch anything I would have had to rent an I-pad for $10, since I do not own one. Crew seemed to do a required task and then totally disappear. They were not, in any way gracious, or helpful. My carry on was specifically purchased to meet all the restrictions of this flight but could not fit either under the seat or in the overhead bin. I could have done this flight on another airline and wish to heaven I had - the cost would have been the same or at most only very little more. Never again! I have tried, over the years, to be a supporter of Air Canada and although I have had some flights which were less than advertised, this one was unbelievably awful and Air Canada does not deserve any kudos for their 'discount' (not) airline!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by P Gallagher    (Ireland)

Dublin to Toronto return. Okay the seats aren't the most comfortable in the world, too thin and seem to lean slightly too far forward but otherwise I had no issues and my back survived both ways. There is less space overall on the plane compared to other transatlantic flights but I was still able to get up and walk around. I was aware before hand that you needed an iPad to watch the inflight entertainment so I had books etc with me instead. The food is the best airline food I've had on any flight. The staff were pleasant and polite and in dealing with one passenger, with special needs on the return flight, were the best I've seen on any airline. I would fly with them again. In addition, unlike certain airlines - the staff were up and down the aisles frequently with extra water for passengers.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by R Paquette    (Canada)

Hands down the worst airline I've ever flown on. I spent $1000 (hardly low cost) to fly one way from Las Vegas to Toronto and even at 5'8 this is beyond uncomfortable, I felt like the person in front of me was sitting on my lap and I could not even open my computer on the table. The service is similar to going into a restaurant where they are on day one of training. As a Super Elite member I truly hope Air Canada rethinks this strategy or they are certain to lose business travellers. I hear they are going to Vancouver/Calgary now as well, I am not sure how those are vacation destinations.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Trent Colette    (Canada)

I flew from Montreal to Barcelona on October 8. The seats were so uncomfortable. Not having a screen is really unpleasant since the space is so limited that even holding an iPad becomes difficult. The hot meal was quite good although it is really trimmed down to the bare essentials. Cheap cellophane wrapped piece of cake that is meant to be breakfast! Were is the juice? The yogurt? The fruit? Really pitiful. I will not fly Rouge again if I can help it.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Mannila    (Canada)

YEG-BCN. Return flight late - 8 hours. Service poor - lack of professionalism, no attention to detail. International flight and I had to pay for wine with a poor dinner. Poor selection of entertainment and tiny seats.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 November 2014 by J Berliner    (Canada)

Toronto to Athens in July 2014. Narrow , hard and uncomfortable seats. Only older movies available on the in flight entertainment system using your own ipad. Cost of flight was comparable to going Air Canada and Lufthansa or Aegean with a connection, so Rouge is definitely not a low cost airline. Not sure what AC's strategy is .Only benefit was that it was a direct flight, rather than having to connect. Would not fly Rouge again, other than perhaps on a 3 hour flight to Florida. Never again on a long haul flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Marian Wadhams    (Canada)

Oct 19 - Toronto-Dublin, Flight 1908. Oct 31 - Dublin-Toronto - Flight 1909. Outbound flight was not very pleasant, staff didn't seem to care. Food was terrible. Terminal One not user-friendly, i.e. very little staff presence to assist with machines and gate direction. Was sent all around the terminal to another security checkpoint - by most unfriendly personnel who were quite impatient. Shops are very high end and expensive. Range from a glorified newsagent to Gucci and Victoria Secret shops. Other terminals have good quality T-shirts, sweat shirts, souvenirs, etc. at reasonable prices. I paid $15 for a small glass of wine. Absolutely ridiculous! Inbound flight was entirely different. Staff was very friendly, helpful and cheerful. Food wasn't too bad - but not the greatest. Noticed flight attendants were more on the ball and seemed to enjoy their work. An opportunity for In Flight Duty Free Shopping would have been nice.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Athar Afzal    (Canada)

First time on AC Rouge on March 2014. At check-in the kiosk wasn't working when I placed my CC in for the extra bag, had to queue which had only 1 agent for everybody - later I found out the kiosks weren't working for anybody. At check-in the agent told me I have a standby boarding pass and the 'SSSS' on it means that I had been randomly selected for extra scrutiny. At the gate the agent called me up and gave me a seat and I asked may I have another she ignored the inquiry and said that's the only one and walked away rudely. My seat in the last row didn't recline. Entertainment system does not with android devices. During the drinks service due to turbulence they stopped serving at the last 5-6 rows and didn't bother to come back when it stopped. I asked for coffee which was served cold. In short, I'm not quite sure what the purpose of AC Rouge is - to offer lower fares? The amount we paid for the ticket and the high cost to change - what value are we getting?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Jacquie Wilson    (Canada)

Toronto to Phoenix flight on Rouge. Nice staff but rotten plane. Made my way to my aisle seat and found the middle seat was taken a very big man. He had the arm rest up because he had trouble sitting in the seat. I asked politely to put the arm rest down. He spilled over the arm rest into my seat. I could see he was very uncomfortable and now I was uncomfortable as I only had half my seat and leg room. Requested another seat with attendant but no other seats available. What a long 5 hours. What is Air Canada doing with these Rouge planes. Entertainment on iPads is terrible. Where did all the new movies go?

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by T Turpin    (Canada)

Very disappointed Air Canada rouge. No entertainment systems! Surprised we had to provide our own iPads but really no big deal. Selection of movies to watch is poor. Such cramped leg room for economy passengers, I'm only 5'10 and couldn't sit far enough back in seat without knees digging in to seat in front of me, couldn't wait to land so I could stand up. Most uncomfortable flight ever. Some complimentary drinks but no free snack either.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by May Wesley    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I am a larger than average man. The seats on my flight were completely inadequate. The flight from YYZ to PHX is 4.30 long. Installing the same seats as economy and blocking one off does allow for the ergonomic support I require. Surprised upon boarding and very upset with the experience. I hope the larger seats will come back. Hope changes on this route are forthcoming or I will look for other alternatives.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by M Deilecx    (Canada)

I have been flying rouge pretty much every week from YVR to SFO. Fares have been ridiculously high (more then 550$ each way for a 2 hour flight). Thus, this is not a low cost carrier but they still want to provide a LCC service and discomfort. The only thing saving this airline is the crew. They are usually friendly. Seats are extremely close to each other to the point that most people can't fit (I am pretty slim and only 5'10"). In addition, rouge plus is not worth the extra money (no AVOD and normal economy class seat).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by Sheila Gallagher    (Ireland)

Dublin to Toronto. I found the flight fine. There are two problems with this airline, lack of leg room and the lack of seat back screens. As I'm not that tall the lack of leg room didn't bother me but can see a problem if you are. I downloaded the app onto my ipad. The films were outdated so wouldn't bother with that. The staff were friendly and professional. The food was nice for airline food. Overall I enjoyed my flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  5 November 2014 by T Harding    (UK)

Flew Dublin to Toronto return - flights very busy but despite that check-in and crew were calm, polite and efficient both ways. Space is no worse than many other airlines and food also comparable. The iPad system worked well - and gives better control / screen than many other seat back systems. My only complaint would be other passengers being late to the gate with large pieces of hand luggage!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Jean-Guy Godard    (Canada)

My first time flying AC Rouge and AC since 2008. October 18 from Dorval flight 1820 to Cancun. Delayed 4 hours due to mechanical defect. After more than 2 hours, the replacement part was not compatible, so we were instructed that we will change planes. Did not mind this, as safety is important and mechanical parts do brake. So we were moved to an airport bus and communication stops, waiting, observing, but nobody was telling us what was going on. Almost 2 hours goes by before we're ready to go. Two hours into the flight we're hoping to eat but by row 15, they ran out of meals. Nobody thought of getting additional meals (as it took 4 hours before taking off), as AC Rouge do not carry a meal for every passenger. So after 8 hours and 15 minutes, we land into Cancun. A little hungry! Staff were somewhat smiling, no one thought of explaining what they were up against. You know we could have been more understanding with some explanation. The return 1821 was better, I just brought my bag of chips just in case.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Loewen Marion    (Canada)

On Monday, Oct. 6, 3 friends and I took Air Canada Rouge, #1909, from Dublin to Toronto. We sat in seats 30CA and 31CA. As soon as the plane taxied off we noticed the reading lights did not work. Since there were no screens on the seats in front of us there was not much to do except read, which we could scarcely do since it was so dark. Then it got colder and colder. We noticed it was nice and warm further back in the plane but really cold where we were. The blankets were so thin they did not help. It was quite uncomfortable. I suggest something has to be done about that uneven heating system. All told, it was a most unenjoyable flight.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by A Berry    (Canada)

Seat was hard, thin padding, and armrest controls were annoying, bare cabin. Seat not wide enough for thighs to rest on and I am 5,3. Seats very close together. Crew were kind. We flew from Toronto to Dublin, and I would not use this airline again. We tried to contact the airline to upgrade in case we were on Rouge to return, and could not reach them overnight in Dublin but fortunately we took a regular Air Canada from Heathrow to Vancouver - Heathrow not greatest airport for flight changes, with heavy security.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Mitchel Tree    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Vancouver (round trip). Crew were friendly. Plan ahead and download Air Canada app so you can watch free stuff on your iPad. We brought our 6 year old son. He sat in the middle of three seats which made the flight more enjoyable since leg room was cramped.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  3 November 2014 by D Lobson    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada Rouge from Vancouver/Canada to LA/USA and then Las Vegas to Vancouver. Whoever designed this airplane seating plan should have been designing Sardine cans. At 5 feet-11.5 inches tall it was brutal with absolutely no leg room with the seat in front of me indenting my knee-caps. Both trips were the same (brutal). The only saving moment was my seat was an aisle seat allowing me to figet with one leg in the aisle. I'm never flying Rouge again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by L Bougie    (Canada)

YUL to Athens, flight 1902, 14/08/30. Athens to YUL, flight AC1903, 14/09/20. We flew from Montreal to Athens last month. We were very disappointed by the flight services, the food and by the entertainment system. That was a 9 hours flight. Never again. A mistake to take Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by J Tomlin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We flew Montreal to Rome, Oct 4th and back Oct 18th. We found Premium Rouge very good. Food going to Rome was good, food on the return flight was excellent! We had no problems with the free iPad and the movies were up to date. In fact we liked using the iPad! Seats were roomy. Check in staff were good. Priority boarding for Premium Rouge was good. Staff both flights were excellent and attentive. Would definitely fly Rouge again but would book Premium Economy.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by B MacKenzie    (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to LAX. Started to feel anxious once I sat in the seat and felt like I was in a straight jacket. My first thought was, "how can an Airline treat it's paying customers like this". I am 5'10" and could not sit with my legs together as they would bump into the seat in front of me. I didn't care about the lack of food or entertainment because it was a short flight. I would be concerned about Deep Vein Thrombosis if I was on a longer flight. I will never fly Air Canada Rouge again unless it is in the Premium section.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Vick Grewal    (Canada)

Flew Rouge from YVR to LAX. Unfriendly cabin crew, cramped seats and horrible service staff made this the worst experience I've had flying in a long time. I've heard of road rage, but this almost gave me the first case of flight rage. Avoid them at all costs, don't even think about them for transatlantic or flights >3 hours.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  31 October 2014 by P Fox    (Canada)

My husband and I flew A/C Rouge from Toronto to Dublin on Oct 7 and from Dublin to Toronto Oct. 20. We were pleasantly surprised. We had heard that there was little leg room, no screens and no meal. But we found the seating room was fine. We took our iPads, so that was fine. We had a meal on the way over and a meal and snack on the way back. The crew was pleasant as well. Our only complaint is that people are allowed too much carry on. We had no room when we got on, so the attendant took my carry on to the other side of the plane. I wish that could be more strictly regulated. Otherwise the flight was very good.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 October 2014 by P Whiklo    (Canada)

We recently flew to Athens from Toronto through Air Canada Vacations. Although the planes were new both going and coming home, and the staff were friendly and professional, we have never been more uncomfortable on a plane. The flight home was full and our seats were in the last row of the middle section with the bathrooms behind, so we couldn't even recline our seats (the extra 4 inches). We are both tall and it was an agonizing 10 1/2 hour flight. I believe Rouge would be okay for short domestic flights, but not the long flight we had to Athens.

1 2 3 4