Air Canada rouge Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Air Canada rouge
1.0 Star Rating: Very poor

1 2 3 4

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  6 February 2015 by S Leed    (Canada)

I'm a frequent flyer with lifetime status and fly about 150k a year. This was my first and last rouge flight. Economy seating was terrible. There's absolutely no room. When comparing economy seating and space on rouge to other airlines, other airlines' economy seating is huge. I thought sardines had it bad, but then again the sardines are typically dead before being canned. I now know what a sardine feels like. I'll be taking another airline. To Air Canada, bring back normal service!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  30 January 2015 by Christine Simpson    (Canada)

If I had to fly Rouge Economy always I would quit travelling. I am a regular BC Client and on short notice had to fly Rouge. All they are doing with this service is making me fly other airlines. I am forced to fly Rouge Premium to Costa Rica Feb. 23rd and purposely choose American Airlines with a Layover in Miami of 3 hours for the trip home as I prefer their business class.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Mark Knight    (Canada)

On way to Orlando I got bumped to Premium rouge as a frequent flier. Unfortunately, no Premium class provided. On the way back I flew in Economy class. Worst flight ever being cramped, and bum hurt which never happens even during a 15 hour flight. People beside me also could not believe this bus class service. Flight Attendants nice but what cheesy outfits. Air Canada what happened to you! As a frequent flier they are giving me too many reasons not to be a loyal customer.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Mary Leger    (Canada)

I had no idea what Air Canada 'Rouge' was until I experienced it on a trip from Toronto to Tampa on January 13, 2015. Everything you read in the unflattering reviews is true. However, to add insult to injury, we had a full flight with no water in either of the washrooms! There was what appeared to be a well-worn sign in the washrooms apologizing for the lack of water, and a supply of little individual towelettes to wipe your hands afterwards. On the trip back when the stewardess asked if I wanted a drink, I asked first whether there was water in the washroom this time before deciding whether or not to drink anything. I will never travel Air Canada Rouge again. I will fly another airline for my next trip to Florida in a few months time just to avoid the inconvenience of no leg room (and I'm barely 5 foot tall), discomfort of thinly padded seats, inability to get in and out of any seats but the aisle, nothing to ease boredom - not even a used newspaper from a previous flight. By far the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Robert Ablamowicz    (Canada)

Rouge does an injustice to Air Canada mainline. I am an AC frequent flyer and will look for alternate carriers if the only option is Rouge. Flight to Tampa on January 18th was a 18.50 departure and we got off the ground at 00.30 on the 19th. Trip home on the 23rd was delayed over 3 hours. Not sure what the issues were but weather was not one of them. I have no problem with one delay but two in a week makes me think that these folks have some issues. Seats also leave something to be desired and Rouge should be renamed Crampjet!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2015 by S Hillyer    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Flew to Dominican. I agree with all other reviews. Worst leg room ever. Expect lots of leg related health issues in the future because you truly cannot move your legs while inflight. I fly with AC frequently but will be looking at other options. I do not carry my IPAD with me, nor do I wish to rent one for $10.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  28 January 2015 by A Gyba    (Canada)

Firstly flight delayed 6 hours out of YYZ to LAS. Sure breakdowns happen. I was tracking the history of the aircraft online and it has been broken down and attempted to be put back into service 4 times in a week. I am 6 foot tall and the lack of leg room was not only insulting it is bordering on a health and safety issue. Air Canada Rouge would rather make the extra few bucks off cramming a few more seats on the plane than worry about whether passengers will be able to walk again after flying with them. I am so upset that I have cancelled my return flight with this airline.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 January 2015 by D Hay    (Canada)

Flew Toronto to Tampa on January 6. Air Canada Rouge is the only AC option on this route. Flight attendants tried their hardest and were pleasant. Only two of them, however, so service was very slow. Seats are worst I have ever flown - no leg room, hard and thin seat cushions. I'm 192 cm, and my knees were stuck against the seat in front of me. Everything about the experience was cheap, cheap, cheap. Price was no different than regular AC service. I've been a regular and loyal AC customer for many, many years. I would avoid AC Rouge and switch airlines if this is the only service AC would offer on the route I wanted. Trip satisfaction 4 out of 10 because we arrived safe and sound, not because of the inflight experience!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Linda Amaral    (Canada)

I will never travel Air Canada Rouge again. If you are booking a cheap flight their service may be fine, but when you book an all inclusive vacation with Air Canada and have to pay for baggage check-in, food, and entertainment it is not acceptable. The seats were uncomfortable for a 5 hour flight. $10 to rent an I-pad for entertainment. No in flight music or movie without the rental. Not everyone has an I-pad or takes it on their vacation. Pre- booking seats can only be done by calling Air Canada and waiting on line for 45 minutes or longer. I will never book another Vacation with Air Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2015 by K Hamer    (Canada)

AC1837, December 30 2014, Toronto to Phoenix Arizona. I normally enjoy flying Air Canada, even tango is more preferred than other airlines. Air Canada Rouge is the least comfortable airline I've ever been on. I am 5'5" and if I didn't sit up perfectly straight my knees touched the back of the seat in front of me. My boyfriend who is 6"3' was quite a bit larger then the space that he was provided. The poor person in front of us had issues reclining because his knees were in her seat. Air Canada is great as long as there is no rouge tacked on at the end.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2015 by F Habbouche    (Canada)

e flew from Vancouver to Kahului on Air Canada Rouge AC1827 and back on AC1828 a week ago. Alas, this might be the last time we use this airline as it was the most uncomfortable seating and rudest crew. My back is still hurting after a week and we cancelled a trip to Hawaii that was coming up due to Air Canada Rouge. The crew was, as usual, arrogant and unprofessional. They decided to turn all the lights on half away through the red eye flight, to distribute beverages while everyone was trying to sleep. As for the price, there is no difference with mainstream Air Canada. You pay the same for a horrible experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Baglieri Paul    (Canada)

Flew from Montreal to Rome on Sept/18/2014 and returned Oct/18/2014. This was the worst experience of my life. Never again. Air Canada should be ashamed, you are so cramped in your seat that can hardly breathe.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2015 by James Newbury    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

AC1831. Jan 10 2015. Absolutely awful. Paid for business class and got hostility class. Attendants terrible. Seating worse than economy on other flights. Will never fly AC again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  23 January 2015 by M Singh    (Canada)

We flew Air Canada thinking we'll be getting a basic level of comfort common to all Air Canada planes, but what a mistake. Didn't know about Rouge. There's no leg room, minimal service, no comfort, no space in the overhead since people bring large carry-ons to avoid paying for checked-in luggage. The almost 5 hr flight to Phoenix from Toronto was painfully boring with the in-flight entertainment consisting of online streaming of old movies and shows. We had to bear all this again on the flight back!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Saunders Shawn    (Canada)

Have travelled several times between Toronto to Phoenix - always a good service. Went on Rouge, the worst flight ever. Did not tell us we had to download an app to get inflight entertainment until 15 mins in the air so nothing to watch on the 5 hr flight. Packed in like cattle, no leg room.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 January 2015 by E Brown    (UK)

Toronto to Fort Lauderdale. Return from Fort Lauderdale to Ottawa. As many have said, cramped. Rouge, is overpriced. Reminded me of cheap flights UK to Spain 25 years ago. Yet, for what one gets, Rouge is not a cheap option. But at least the crew got us there and with a soft landing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 January 2015 by R Klein    (Canada)

Brutal seats. I am 6'4" and could barely get into the seat. The passenger in front of me insisted on reclining his seat back. The AC Rouge website states that the slimline seats provide more room and more comfort. My legs are still swollen from the flight. The only good thing about flight 1892 YYZ to Tampa on January 16 was the inflight cabin attendants. I will never fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Luby Deborah    (Canada)

Less leg room than usual, no inflight entertainment, no hot meal for an almost 6 hour flight (If you want something you have to purchase it off their very limited food cart), and limited space in their overhead compartments. My husband was asked to hold our carry-on bag on his lap during take-off because there was no room in the overhead compartments and the bag did not fit under our seat. The staff on flight 1786 were not at all accommodating. Both my husband and I are not complainers but the service you get with Air Canada Rouge is totally unacceptable. They give you nothing for your money.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Babin    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

I flew with Rouge from YUL to SAN last year and was disappointed after using my eUpgrades to find out I was in the front of he airplane which is no different from Economy class in Air Canada. The seats were nothing like business class, the service was so so, we got an IPad for inflight entertainment and it felt like a 'charter type' airline. I wasn't aware that my flight was with Rouge so I was very disappointed when I entered the airplane and realized I was on the discount flight and had used my upgrades for this. I go to San Diego a couple of times a year and I will probably fly with United from now on since Air Canada doesn't give us an option to use Rouge when connecting to Canada.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Robert Kindrachuk    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Vancouver to Honolulu. Booked Air Canada in Feb 2014, got changed to Rouge. Worst flying experience ever. Flight to Honolulu was 1 hour late, returning flight was over 3 hours late. Seats are uncomfortable with no legroom, even in Premium class. We were charged the same prices as Air Canada, nothing on Rouge is close to a regular Air Canada flight. We have flown many low cost carriers in Europe for 1/10 the cost with better service. Will never fly Rouge again, it is awful. Inflight entertainment is a real laugh. My wife and I are regular Air Canada customers. I would rate trip satisfaction, value for money, and seat comfort 0 as other passengers have done.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Judith Tompkins    (Canada)

Traveled to Phoenix, Dec 18th for two weeks holiday and booked Air Canada as usual. One week prior to departure rec'd an Air Rouge email - oh well, had no idea what it was. Now I can inform you - it was awful - a throw back to Air Transat planes 20 to 25 years ago. The seats were so close you could not sit with your legs straight if you are tall and you could not cross your legs let alone your ankles. Once the person ahead put her seat back, I could not move or would have hit my head on the back of her seat. There ought to be a law re safety -- none of us would have been able to move to get out in an emergency and what about health insuch cramped quarters. The correct spelling is not "Air Rouge" - it is "Air Ruse"! I will never take an Air Rouge flight again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Roy Allan Harris    (Canada)

On January 8, 2015 I had the displeasure of being a passenger on Air Canada Rouge flight 1828 from Maui to Vancouver, and prior to that Air Canada Rouge flight 1827 from Vancouver to Maui. I begin by comparing the regular Air Canada Boeing 767 to the Rouge Boeing 767. You will note from the seating chart that the regular Air Canada Boeing 767 has 39 rows with eight passengers per row. The Rouge aircraft has 49 rows. The additional ten rows undoubtedly speaks volumes to the uncomfortable seating mentioned by many. Like many of the previous commentators, I have been a member of the Air Canada Altitude 50K group for years. In good faith I booked with Air Canada to discover my flight to be with Rouge. The Rouge seats are extremely uncomfortable and offer an average sized passenger little if any leg room. Your knees are crushed when the passenger in front moves their seat back. Comparatively, the seats are similar to sitting on a wooden church pew for the duration of the flight. I will never again fly Rouge. From Edmonton there are a number of other options available.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by B Rogers    (Canada)

Dec 15 2014, AC1828 and AC1876 Jan 9 2015.Terrible. Avoid at all costs. I travel quite frequently and am of reasonable height/weight. The seats are tiny and uncomfortable. Knees pressed against the seat ahead. Barely any lean back because you'd slam into the person behind you. Very small storage above. Inflight 'entertainment' didn't work. 5.5hrs to Maui. Paid top dollar. Lots of other people commented the same. Nice staff, not the jaded older ones that can be found on regular AC flights.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by H Glick    (USA)

YVR-LAX on 1/12. Can't complain about the service as the attendants were workmanlike. Seating, as noted by most reviewers is awful. The in-flight Wi-Fi service did not work initially and when I finally corralled a flight attendant she laughed and told me that the crew had forgotten to turn it on. By the time they did turn it on we were third of the way through our 2.5 hr. flight. Would fly this airline again on short routes, no more than 2 to 2 1/2 hours, and only with an aisle or exit row seat. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Lois Vanderhooft    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

For a business class ticket price, this was a waste of an upgraded price. The seats do not recline far enough to rest comfortable, the inflight iPad usage is really not conducive to eating in flight and your posture is compromised while viewing a the iPad needs to sit on your tray table, thus causing your neck to bend downwards. I watched as passengers tried to eat while positioning their iPad here or there. It was really bothersome. It was not a comfortable flight. We fly to Maui several times a year, and this is not my preferred airline for sure - Air Canada Rouge is not what I would choose to fly. I was very disappointed overall.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Douglas Davis    (Canada)

Last August, after returning to Toronto from San Diego on Air Canada Rouge I couldn't walk properly for a week. The seat space was so small I felt that I was being punished for the full five five hours of my trip. Since I'm just under six feet I wondered how the tall people were handling the unconscionable seating. I didn't write a letter then but vowed not to take Rouge again. However Rouge became the only option on a recent return trip to Tampa. I had the same negative experience.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by E Alison O'Rourke    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Booked business class with Aeroplan direct flight Toronto to Cancun only to end up on AC Rouge, not by choice. Flight 1810 January 8/15. Premium Rouge is not close to AC business class level at all and I don't feel it should be charging the same amount of points for Premium Rouge. Usually you are served water or juice on arrival to aircraft but there was a delay with that. The overhead bins above the middle seat section were too small to accommodate most regular size carry-ons. The inflight entertainment was non-existant and iPads were offered free to Premium rouge customers, $15 for economy customers. We could have used our own iPads to watch the movies offered if we had known and downloaded an app for this. We were told this quite rudely by the air attendant who seemed quite annoyed we didn't already know that is how it's done on AC rouge. The iPads weren't handed out for an hour and collected about 45 min prior to landing so we did not get to finish our movies. You were also unable to hear any announcements when you had earphones in listening to the iPads which I'm sure is not allowed by the safety guidelines. The first drink service was after the iPads. The meal was very tasty and good but too bad no switch up with menu as we had flown previous day with same menu. Seats smaller and very old and no support. I am not sure if they were short staffed that day or what but all the attendants seemed very unhappy and rude. I would never fly this airline by choice and I think Air Canada should have a serious look at keeping this airline. We were unhappy in business class so I cannot imagine how those in economy felt.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by D Kline    (Canada)

LAS to YYC was the worst I have experienced. Seats are jammed in. They are narrow and there is no room between the seat in front of you. I am only 5' 7" but could not sit straight with my knees together. They were jammed into the seat in front of me. I could not put my laptop on the tray unless it sat at an angle. Entertainment system was a joke. First of all, they announced after we were asked to put our phones on flight mode to download the Air Canada Ap. This information should have been announced in the boarding lounge. Even if you had the ap, it could not be used until 45 minutes after we left the gate and had to be turned off when we started our descent (1/2 hour before landing). Staff announced we were headed for Vancouver; not Calgary. They seemed like this was their first flight and were unsure of everything. They were like excited kids but not helpful. This is the first and last time I will flying Air Canada Rouge.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by P Walter    (Canada)

If you've spent any time reading on-line reviews of Rouge service, and you're still considering booking a Rouge flight, don't do it! I was Rouged once when the service was first introduced, and vowed to never fly with them again. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of consciously booking with Rouge while thinking that it couldn't still be as bad as my first experience - I was wrong! My YUL-LAS return flights over the past two weeks were a complete disaster in every possible way. I even earned a compensation reward (that will never be used!) for one of the flights. I fly a lot, including regular transpacific flights (not with Air Canada!) and super discount flights on Chinese airlines. Nothing compares to the poor quality of service on Rouge. Rouge seats are terribly uncomfortable, the flight attendants are clueless, the planes are old and not well maintained (does anyone enjoy blocked overflowing toilets).

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Pendergast    (Canada)

We flew Air Canada for years because we knew we could depend on a pleasant experience and a comfortable ride - a far cry from your typical charter. On a recent trip to the Caribbean on AC rouge, we were treated to incredibly uncomfortable and cramped seats, a dingy and dirty interior, a flaky electrical system (lights on, lights off, like magic, if the lights worked at all), and an unreliable entertainment system (maybe you can watch a movie, maybe we'll be having bandwidth allocation problems and you won't be able to). We brought our own devices for the entertainment system, but there is no charging capability. How handy. And the light switches are on the arm rest, so my neighbour's elbow was also quite efficient at turning it on and off unexpectedly. The flight was late both directions, didn't seem to be weather related. Nobody made their connection on the way back, forcing them to stay overnight. So, no incentive to choose AC again, that's for sure. We were always willing to pay a bit more in the past. Now, we might as well go with any low-quality, discount airline. Apparently, they are all the same.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Megarity Luke    (Canada)

I don't think you could get any worst! I also was "rouged" as I took a flight from YUL-MCO. Being 6'4 I would rather get a root canal then have to sit on a rouge plane again. I am in disgust that Air Canada would create such a terrible product, when their mainland carrier is great. I am an altitude member and fly often with AC and somehow have managed to avoid this airline for almost two years, and will never take another rouge flight as long as I can help it. The entertainment selection was terrible, not that I had enough room to watch it on my ipad as my legs where twisted in a pretzel trying to find a comfortable place for my legs. Never again!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Mitch MacLeod    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

YYC-LAS, LAS-YYC. This itinerary was made tolerable by the fact I was able to upgrade both flights using aeroplan e credits. Very uncomfortable seats on the 319 to LAS and the so called Premium Rouge reminds me of Canadian early 90s on their 737 with the seat next to you not sold. Food was OK both flights but obviously cut rate from mainline J eg less linen. The 767 flight to YYZ was akin to narrow body J mainline in terms of seating. I am not sure what Air Canada was thinking with the IFE, what are you supposed to do with that iPod while eating? And they were handed out far too late on the first flight. I did not get through the movie I was watching. If I had to wear a uniform like that to work I would not be doing so proudly! I will avoid Rouge if at all possible in the future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Miller    (Canada)

Vancouver to Honolulu January 9-17, 2015. To Honolulu, AC1831, 5.30 pm on time departure, seats 12 D and E (Zone 5): 1) How the new boarding works at YVR airport - when they call out Zone 3 (back of the plane), you must wait about 10 minutes before boarding. My complaint is that none of the gate attendants called out Zone 5. It became a free for all where no one bothered to call out Zones 4-5. Having Prestige status and/or one of the Visa Infinite Privilege credit cards will not bump you into Zone 2 for priority boarding on rouge. 2) Our cabin and cabin seats were clean. My partner is 6'2 and I'm 5'4. We found the seat pitch (35) to be comfortable, and the recline to be sufficient enough to enjoy a snooze. I brought my Android kobo reader and downloaded movies/TV shows beforehand and was happy with that. Yes, they charge $10 per iPad rental but as stated in previous reviews, the connections timeout and any Air Canada app show you watch will intermittently stop and take up to a few minutes to load and continue (as my partner experienced on his iPhone). 3) Flight attendants are attentive, and aim to be very pleasant. 4) I ordered cheese cubes with crackers as a light snack from the OnBoard menu. We had visited the Priority lounge prior to for some light snacks. 5) Flight came in to HNL 25 minutes early. We waited 40 minutes for our luggage in the partial, open-air airport which still looks the same as it did in the 80s as with most dated American airports. To Vancouver, AC1830, 01.00am departure (delayed from 11.15pm), seats 12 A and C (Zone 5): 1) If you are a Nexus card holder, you get pre-TSA clearance at HNL airport which is handy for moving quickly. This open-air airport is not air-conditioned in the main corridors. Lounges are closed after 6pm. Check before you leave hotel to make sure flight is on time. 2) HNL gates are open only when the incoming flight has landed and completely deplaned. 3) Nothing past Zone 3 is called out. At YVR, gate attendants admit that the system is new and they are still figuring out how it works (whether or not to bother calling out Zone 5 at all). 4) By the time we boarded, we noticed that the plane was not full. Because the plane arrived late (weather reasons), although the signs said "delayed to 12.05am", we didn't take off until after 1am. However we arrived only 20 minutes later than we normally would had the plane left on time. 5) Both directions, there are no means to control air, and there are no power outlets to charge devices. HNL airport has plug-ins throughout to pre-power up however. 6) Cool air was blasting in our window/aisle seats and we felt it. When we were mid-cabin flying to HNL, this wasn't a problem. I'd recommend purchasing a beach towel merely to cover up and keep warm on the plane. We were fully dressed for chillier Vancouver winter weather which helped. Would I fly it again? Yes, booking seats 12 D and E or D and F. Why? Good price, decent leg room, served first with drinks/snacks - they offered twice and in a very timely manner. You de-plane faster. Overhead bulk storage is big enough for two, single-day backpacks and more. We always had room for our stuff. The flight attendants were kind.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Jen Calvin    (Canada)

I have been flying to Hawaii for over 30 years always Business class on Air Canada but Air Canada Rouge which is part of Air Canada has got to be the worst experience I have had. The equipment is old 767 aircraft. I confirm this with the flight attendant because the bathrooms were in really bad shape. The seats were new and hard and no longer flat beds. You can get spoiled when you pay for Air Canada business-class prices for economy experiences. The food was good but they ran out of my choice. Do not fly Air Canada rouge unless you need to use this airline. No TV on back of seats, and bring your iPad.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Donna Fairley    (Canada)

I flew Air Canada Rouge for the first time the beginning of January. They should rename it Air Canada Sardine Can. I am only 5 foot 3 inches and my knees were hitting the seat in front of me. I dropped my glasses on the floor and there was no way I could get them and was told by the steward on the plane that there is nothing he could do that I would have to wait until the plane was empty and then I could try to reach and get them and then he said nothing else can be done and my reply was "fly another airline". Going into Cuba I had 3 forms to fill out and they gave them to us as we were starting to land and then told to put our trays up and we could not use the trays to fill out the forms. Very poor service and you are crammed in as I said like sardines.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Rantfors    (Canada)

Vancouver to Maui on Air Canada Rouge December 13, 2014 - this was the worst flight. Seats were the most uncomfortable. For the cost of this flight I was expecting more for the money. I will not be flying with Air Canada any more for the simple fact that when the flights were booked back in August there was no mention of Rouge and there certainly was no discount for that portion of our flight. Time to go back to old system.. I do not recommend flying rouge if your flight is over 1 hour long or if you are over 5' 5" good luck trying to fit your knees in front of you in your seat. Goodbye Air Canada Rouge!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  19 January 2015 by C Rantfors    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Jan 16 2015, OGG-YVR. What kind of a system of 3 zones to load an aircraft? Simply ineffective, annoying and takes extra time to load the aircraft. What were Air Canada thinking? Service was rated as zero, just like a charter flight. No more Air Canada!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by A Thomlison    (Canada)

Toronto to Phoenix. What happened here? Last year it was standard comfortable economy and this year we were jammed in like cattle. Never again will we travel Rouge! The couple next to me had an 18 month old baby on their lap. Awful for everyone.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by T Zimmerman    (Canada)

Toronto to San Diego / return and lucky to have aisle seat. Loading time is long as middle and window seat passengers have to squeeze in and out. I'm 5'10" and my knees touch seat in front.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Loubert Patrick    (Canada)

Regular Air Canada customer and had probably the worst airline experience that I can remember. Flight 1807 from San Jose to Toronto on Jan.4th. Initially scheduled to arrive on Sunday afternoon then changed some time ago to Monday morning at 1.40am. Plane was then delayed with no explanation for two hours and sat on the runway for another 25 minutes. The new seat spacing is absurd. If you are over 5ft 10 do not use this airline. Arrived Toronto approx. 4.30am on Jan 5th with partner and two younger kids to find that the bags did not arrive with the plane. To date no info on when they will arrive.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Al Trainer    (Canada)

The first and last time I fly Rouge. What a disappointment! My previous flights to Honolulu were on Air Canada, not Rouge. When I boarded the Rouge jet in December, 2014, I noticed there was no inflight entertainment. A 6 hour flight with no inflight entertainment? Air Canada should let travellers know that the 767's they fly to Honolulu have no inflight entertainment. Had I know this, I would not have flown Rouge to Honolulu.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by K Tompkins    (Canada)

Recently flew from Toronto to Phoenix and were quite surprised to find ourselves on Rouge-we certainly weren't aware we were booking it. Never again. Seats were horribly uncomfortable-on the flight down my husband and I both ended up with back pain because the seat forced me to sit with my shoulders slumped forward. I've also never been on a plane with so little leg room-maybe three inches from my knees to the seat in front and I'm only 5'2". Flight back was slightly better (different seats) but still uncomfortable. We noticed several rows of "prestige" seats as we got on the plane, but they were the same as all the other seats except with a bit more leg room. There were only 3 flight attendants for the entire plane, one and a half of whom were dedicated to business class so service was slow. As other people have said, there's no inflight entertainment, unless you happen to have an iPad. I generally read, so that's not an issue for me, but I'd have been in trouble if my e-reader ran out of charge as there were also no plugs or usb ports available. And, though it's a small thing, the uniforms are hideous, especially the hats, which looked to be "one size fits nobody."

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by L Ian    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

We had booked Air Canada Business Class seats, YXY to MCO 17-26 Dec 2014, and were initially disappointed the flight out of Toronto was on Rouge (Premium). We read many reviews, majority being negative, but were hopeful our trip wouldn't end up as other travelers had. As it turned out we had a very enjoyable flight, both directions. Even though there wasn't the customary onboard entertainment the provided iPads worked well though it would have been nice to have had them prior to takeoff for full enjoyment. I would certainly recommend flying Rouge, Premium if it is within your budget, and are considering a Toronto to Athens flight in the near future.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by E Menard    (Canada)

I flew to Phoenix from Toronto on Dec 28th Business Class and returned Jan 5, 2015. Both were equally disturbing in their own way. The bottom line is that if Air Canada is going to charge full fare on a flight then it should not be "charter" quality. If I pay to fly business, then I should get what I pay for. As for economy, the leg room is atrocious for a 5 hour flight. If the person in front of you leans back, then their seat is a few inches from your nose. Also, we were not warned ahead of time that there would be no entertainment- they tell you to download the app to watch movies on an Ipad or Iphone but they provide no charging mechanism for your battery so you are forced to rent an Ipad for $10. If we are paying the same rates as a regular Air Canada flight, shouldn't the entertainment be free just like on those flights? Air Canada used to be my go-to airline. No more- certainly not if I have to take a long haul flight on Rouge. They are shooting themselves in the foot. They used to claim "Best Airline in North America five years in a row". This will never happen again if they continue on this path. Extremely disappointing.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Tony Laverghetta    (Canada)

YUL-LAS, 767-300. I knew it was going to be bad but still I was curious to fly rouge and experience it. The plane was very old, worn and dirty, non existent leg-room, poor selection of movies from their wifi IFE, cabin crew okay but very young and inexperienced, never felt safe with them, food options a joke and unhealthy. This product would be acceptable if low cost but the prices are the same as AC mainline and the offering is tremendously below standards. I had better flights with real low cost carriers in Europe or Asia for 1/10 of the price paid. Good things, landed on time and my baggage arrived too. I won't get rouged ever again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by C Yantha    (Canada)

If I can help it there is no way I will utilize Air Canada Rouge again. The leg room is terrible - my knees were jammed into the seat in front of me the whole time from Toronto to Phoenix and for the return flight back. If the person in front of you reclines their seat it is absolute torture. Out of 4 flights in total from Ottawa to Phoenix, we had 7 planes due to mechanical failures. Very archaic options for in flight entertainment. If I could give 0 stars for "Value for Money" and "Seat Comfort" I would.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Innes Ian    (Canada)

If you have ever enjoyed flying, book a trip with Air Canada Rouge, they will change you forever. We travel from YYZ to SJO frequently and usually with Avianca. This time we flew with Rouge - what a mistake! The lack of seat room is just unacceptable, our friend could not even get his tray down, had to eat of his wife's tray. This really is an airline of last resort unless of course, you are a midget on a diet. Be warned!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by C Robinson    (Canada)

I usually fly with AC but after this experience, would never fly ACR again. Flight YVR-OGG. As many have pointed out the seats are brutal. Thin (felt the guys knees in my back), no leg room, and the reading lights in our row of seats didn't work. Pretty hard to read in the dark. The so-called inflight entertainment system is a joke. Only worked on the iPad and even then kept getting knocked out, and then had a hard time re-connecting. Neither our android or MS systems could connect. Make sure to take your own food as the buy-on-board is expensive. The only positive was the young cheery flight crew. Overall, AC has used the term discount to refer to the reduced quality of the flight experience, while maintaining ridiculous prices.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by N Kimberley    (Canada)

Got rouged with a bait and switch on a flight from Vancouver to San Francisco at the end of October. Most miserable, uncomfortable flight I have ever taken. Thank goodness it was a relatively short flight. No entertainment other than to advise me I should have downloaded their app on to my iPad before boarding. I am not tall and don't have long legs yet my knees were jammed into the seat in front of me and were quite sore by the time we landed. Do not bring anything on board to put under your seat because you will need every last cm of space. The seat was also narrower than average along with being much closer to the seat in front with a minimal recline. The direct flight to Hawaii from YVR has now been rouged and I am on a flight in February. My wife and I are already dreading the flight. Back to Seattle or Portland to get Hawaiian or Westjet from now on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Robert Storness-Bliss    (Canada)

Premium Rouge

Air Canada Rouge is the worst experience I have ever had flying with this Airline and I am a loyal supporter for the last thirty-five years. As a Super Elite traveller I expect Air Canada to offer the best in comfort and service, they have failed miserably with this service. Seats are horrible even in Business Class. Staff are all junior and haven't a clue what Service is. As soon as we got on our flight the Flight Attendants were in the galley eating rather than making sure the paying customers were taken care of. This continued throughout the flight. At dinner, in Business Class u expect the same level of service as on the regular flights - not. Wine was not even offered although in my case the FA forgot to even put a wine glass on.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by D Starr    (Canada)

I wish I had visited this site before being Rouged. I can't believe that Air Canada looks good to me now! Toronto - Dublin return. I'm a taller woman and had to sit sideways for over 7 hours. I totally agree with the other criticisms on this site. I think the crew is tired of hearing complaints from the passengers and their attitude shows they don't have much patience left. If you are thinking of Rouge my advice is keep the trip short (nothing over a few hours), pack a lunch and download your favourite movies and music on your tablet (their media solution is a joke and wouldn't play on my tablet). If you're tall or big resist the temptation!

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by L Shannon    (Canada)

Vancouver to Honolulu on Air Canada Rouge in December 2014 - this was the worst flight ever. Seats were the most uncomfortable and the inflight entertainment service that you have to watch on your iPad froze and was not worth the effort to try to reload numerous times since it just kept freezing. For the cost of this flight I was expecting more for the money. I will not be flying with Air Canada any more for the simple fact that when the flights were booked back in July there was no mention of Rouge and there certainly was no discount for that portion of our flight. Time to get better planes if people are still paying top dollar for a long flight. I do not recommend flying rouge if your flight is over 2 hours long or if you are over 5' 8" good luck trying to fit your knees in front of you in your seat.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by G Insogna    (Canada)

I'm never again going to fly Air Canada Rouge. My wife flew Rouge to Vegas in October 2014, and she said it was terrible. Just got back from Cancun yesterday, and the Business Class in Rouge was just terrible. The flight attendants have no experience, and are VERY young. The seats are small and tight. My wife told me the Airbus seats are worst than the Boeing seats. Being a proud Canadian, I always try to fly with Air Canada when possible, but Rouge is awful.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by S Mitchell    (Canada)

I fly around 20 times a year for work, mostly on Air Canada. I've now twice had the displeasure of having to fly Rouge (once to Europe and once to Florida). In my years, I've flown some bad airlines but Rouge is garbage. I truly hate this airline. Cramped seats, no amenities. Nickel and dimed. Upgrades give you zero benefit for the money. Rouge is the most cynical airline I have ever flown. It signifies that Air Canada truly and officially does not care about it's customers. We are just freight. I will never, ever fly Rouge again.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by M Leung    (Canada)

First time flying Air Canada Rouge from Toronto to San Diego. I usually fly the regular Air Canada flights so I was in for a surprise. I'm only 5 ft 4" but my legs were cramped in Economy. There are no screens in front of you so you needed to use your phone/tablet to see their very limited selection of movies/shows. Plus, no power outlets to charge your phone so by the time you arrive to your destination, your phone is nearly dead. AC rouge took the couple good things that stood out against west jet and threw it down the pipe just so they can squeeze more people in the plane. It feels like they're just in it for profit, not customer satisfaction.

Air Canada rouge Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Ball    (USA)

The in-flight entertainment is if you have a device or pay $10 for an i-pad. I had my own device but because everyone is trying to stream, it didn't work. I was able to stream something for maybe 3 minutes. A customer asked the attendant and they had no idea, said they would come back with a solution and never came back. The majority of the attendants were very rude on the flight over. Plus all segments on my journey to and journey from were delayed or late. They don't offer you a glass of wine like the brochure/ads say, or a warm towel.

1 2 3 4