Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  6 June 2014 by L Rosenkranz   (Canada)

I flew from YVR-HKG and return on the new 777. This is my 3rd time flying this flight on these new 777s. The only reason was to use up my upgrade points for the year and then change to a new airline. This plane is terrible as is Air Canada when it comes to pretty much every aspect (comfort, service, etc). I am currently in Limbo about which airline to change my loyalty to, but there is nothing Air Canada can do to retain me. The prices, service, comfort, etc is absolutely terrible compared to all the other airline choices. I have been Air Canada Elite status for years but have finally come to the point of giving it up for a new airline. I hope many do the same.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 June 2014 by L Beeldman   (Australia)

SYD-YVR and YYZ-SYD in May. The only reason these very long flights were bearable was the extra we paid for Exit row seats. I had read reviews about Exit row seats being reassigned, but thankfully our seats were in order, except they hardly reclined at all. AC probably charges the highest rate for Preferred seats than any other airline I have flown. The flight staff were mostly friendly, another stroke of luck I believe. The IFE was not that good, even though we had our own headphones, the sound was very bad. The food served on both flights was the worst I have eaten on a flight in a very long time. Unappetising, fridge cold bread rolls/wraps, quite inedible. We had gone prepared fortunately, took some snacks with us, otherwise a 15 hour flight without eating could well have been the result. Ground staff in SYD were fine, VR and YYZ not great. We had issues with carrying Duty free in our hand luggage on the YVR/YYZ sector because staff had not been advised of the change in rules. We were made to open our suitcases to try and fit the liquor in, before the staff concerned realised she had made an error. I can say with all honesty I would not fly AC again. Fortunately, in this part of the world we have some great carriers.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 June 2014 by A Purr   (UK)

I was a little concerned about flying with Air Canada after reading some of the negative reviews on here but I should never have been. I flew on flight AC851 on the 18 May 2014 and I have to say the cabin crew on this flight were absolutely great, they were helpful, friendly and cheerful in their work and nothing was too much trouble. They made our flight enjoyable! Food was good for an airline, seat comfort was good and although there were some delays before take off this was due to Heathrow ground staff and no fault of Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 June 2014 by David Carter   (Canada)

Great word of caution. AC flight may be "Rouged" in whole or on connections. AC regular deserve, from my experience as an Elite flyer, their four stars. Notable AC improvements in customer care, on-time efficiency, crew attitude and wine selection in business. Rouge is another issue entirely. Take away 4 inches of seat pitch, remove IFE, seat back TV, put you on seats that are ultra thin and hurt you, take a 3 by 3 narrow seat and put a pillow in the middle seat and call it Premium. Use underpaid Disney trained staff who wear odd hats, smile and try to put their best foot forwardbut are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers on the plane, fighting for overhead bin space, and how crowded and unhappy they and you have Rouge. For us it was like travelling in a nice comfy car on one leg andthen being put on a cattle truck for the next and for the same price!Never been so comfortable on one or felt so tricked on the next. Maybe we should bring our own iPads and a nice folding chair? Since this was an Air Canada ticket you are forced to share it with Rouge (look on-line Rouge has either subsumed all flights on some routes or is interleaved on others). For this review all stars have been cut in half because of our Rouge experience. Mixing the two is airlines is comparing "chalk and cheese" and confounds the star ratings.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 June 2014 by A Bigelow   (Canada)

YVR-HKG on 777 High Density configuration. Everyone must avoid this 777! Even if this flight was a few hundred dollars less than competition (which it's not), I'd still avoid it. I am Elite Air Canada and would never fly this plane (trying to see if I can change my return flight). Seats are so cramped that it shames low-cost airlines, not only you do you not have enough room, but the seats are also very uncomfortable, the controls are inaccessible (on the armrests), and recline is very limited. Due to extreme high density, service is slow, and very poor, there's no duty free on a 14hr flight! There's absolutely not enough lavatories for the number of people this plane carries. From what I've heard, the business class is also horrendous.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Kyle Thiel   (USA)

Our Detroit to Toronto flight was cancelled after being delayed several hours which ensured we didn't have enough time to find another flight to make our Toronto to Munich connection despite originally having a 4.5 hour layover. Air Canada has no physical agents present at Detroit, so after finally getting through to customer service we were able to rebook for the next day with an extra layover. The next day we get to Toronto to find out that they rebooked us on an overbooked flight, so we actually found an Air Canada agent there to rebook us on a flight for later that night on a different airline. Coming back from Munich our flight was yet again cancelled after being delayed several hours ensuring we had no time to find a different flight. Of course, there are no Air Canada agents to talk to in Munich either and the poor Lufthansa agents were terribly confused. Now I'm sitting here at the airport again, wearing the same clothes because they refused to give us our checked bags back, waiting for our rescheduled flight watching the agents at the gate try to figure out what to do with all of us who have boarding passes from yesterday, currently saying we all need to recheck in which will no doubt delay this flight. I am baffled by the lack of communication and how unprofessional this airline is.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Mark Bourck   (Canada)

Flew on flight AC 420 to Montreal and AC423 return to Toronto. Customer service is non-existent. Needed help finding jacket left at departure gate, even though the gate is directly beside customer service, Air Canada employees disregarded the request. Flight return was late 50 min. Sat in plane with no explanation, just directed not to use electronic devices or inflight entertainment. Could not even use bathroom or get water?

Air Canada Customer review :  30 May 2014 by MacMillan David   (UK)

London to Montreal on Air Canada's new high density 452 seat 777-300ER. Check in was quick and boarding was a bit chaotic give huge number of passengers waiting in relatively small gate but priority boarding for business class was OK. Business class seating is new 4 and 6 across in alternating rows. Some seats much better than others so one has to choose carefully. Mine wasn't great with thin armrest on aisle side and was constantly bumped by crew and passengers. Overall business class ambience not great and the cabin felt very cramped given relatively high density of seating. Very large TV screens and good sound reduction earphones. Seats not as good as LH, UA, BA or pods on AC's older 777's and 767's. Service good by professional crew. Food and wine OK and decent portions and frequent drink rounds. Arrival in Montreal efficient and relatively quick baggage claim. Overall not as good as recent UA and LH transatlantic flights but generally OK.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Alan Krawec   (Canada)

NRT-YYZ in Boeing 777-300ER. IFE feeling old. Needed a full-plane re-boot in order for it to work, although some units still failed to work. Friendly service. Decent food although portions were small. Seat was okay.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Ed Diesner   (Canada)

AC085 Tel Aviv to Toronto on May 22nd. Plane arrived 20 mins late and was the same leaving. The food was acceptable, the flight crew were good and friendly. The entertainment was good and it was a smooth flight arriving 30 mins late. The old 767's are looking a little tired and ready for replacement.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Ed Diesner   (Canada)

Toronto to Victoria on 22nd May. Flight left on time, had a problem with the in flight entertainment system but not a big issue. Arrived on time and the cabin crew were extremely friendly. A pleasant flight on an Airbus 320.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 May 2014 by D Lamoureux    (Canada)

We have flying Ottawa to Calgary for the past 2 years. I have always been able to book my seats in advance cost free. Now we have to pay $31 per seat to do this. We are retired grandparents and we save to be able to go and visit our grandchildren as they are very young. This is another financial burden making it more and more difficult to visit family. Greed is so ugly.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 May 2014 by S Jensen    (Canada)

Toronto-DC-Toronto in mid-May, and paid the $25 per bag fee for checked baggage. Too many "economy-minded" passengers didn't want to pay this reasonable fee so opted to bring over-stuffed bags onto the flight as "carry-on"s. One woman with such a bag PLUS a large backpack so large it could not fit under the seat. These people were not directed by AC staff to check their bags, the consequence being that there was insufficient in-cabin overhead bin space, causing a delay in boarding of over 20 minutes. This caused us to queue on the runway for over half an hour, waiting for clearance from air traffic control. The result - we left DC around the time we were supposed to land in Toronto. Contacted AC regarding this irritation, and received an email that the wait-time for a response is twenty working days (yes, that's a month!) If I phone to make a complaint, the wait-time in the phone queue is anywhere from 35-55 minutes. This was my second AC flight and the second time I was delayed by inefficient staff. My Aeroplan miles are going to a charity, and I'm slicing up the card.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 May 2014 by J Ross    (Australia)

HKG-YVR, Boeing 777-300 New configuration. A nightmare that even embarrasses the flight crew to apologise for it. I am a 100K Aeroplan member and this dreadful experience led me to avoid Air Canada since. With other airlines upgrading their already superior products one is left to wonder why Air Canada has chosen to downgrade theirs. I can only imagine the plight in economy where an extra seat has been jammed into each row. On a positive note I have discovered the advantages offered by the competition - of which there is plenty. There may be a short term increase in yields as passengers are crammed into airplanes but the damage to long standing customer loyalty will sadly endure.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 May 2014 by A Ross   (Canada)

YYZ-YVR-YYZ this past week, enjoyable flights both ways. I am finding myself flying a lot on the 777. The leg room on this plane is great. On my return flight yesterday, the airline had to make a last minute aircraft change and we flew home on the 767. This change was handled in a very professional manner. The counter employees were quick to re-assign seats and tried their best to accommodate every ones request. I have flown Air Canada twice in the last 2 months and have had an enjoyable experience both times. People need to realize that we are no longer in the Wardair days and that Air Canada is doing the best they can.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 May 2014 by A Graupe   (Canada)

YYC-FRA and back, on the two-class 9-abreast 777-300ER. The seat was as comfortable as I've ever had in economy, with sufficient legroom for me even in a standard row. Service was hit-or-miss. On the way over, we had a very friendly, cheerful crew, but on the way back, the flight attendants were very snappy, and unbelievably inconsiderate to passengers that didn't speak English or French. The food was mediocre compared to the meals I got on the connecting FRA-MAD leg on Lufthansa, which is sort of disappointing for a 9-hour flight versus a 2 hour flight. The selection of wine was worse than Iberia Regional offered on MAD-GRX, no less. It's not a huge deal to me, I didn't expect to eat and drink like a king, but when you look at what other airlines are offering, I can't help but feel embarrassed for my national airline. The IFE system was decent, with a good variety of TV shows and movies. Unfortunately, the in-flight map didn't work on the return segment, but that's a very minor complaint. Overall, I was fairly pleased with the experience compared to my previous experience with Air Canada within North America.