Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Cora Martin    (USA)

IAH to YYZ to PEK to IAH. Flew economy in January, check-in at IAH was fine and smooth, so was the boarding process. Only one major delay on the last leg of the flight. But during the first flight from IAH to YYZ, the FA was incredibly rude to my family when we asked about the drink offerings. While chewing gum, she blatantly told us that all we got is soda, juice and water. The flight from YYZ to PEK wasn't all that great either. Flight attendants yelled at one of my family members when we tried to put our bags into the overhead bins. The bags weren't even that large! They fit in the bag size check at the gate, we checked twice! The only positive experience on Air Canada was on my last leg of the flight, from YYZ to IAH. The plane had been delayed for nearly two hours due to weather, which was understandable, and downgraded to a smaller jet. One of the women on-board turned belligerent when told by a flight attendant that there wasn't any food available to purchase. The flight attendant offered to give the upset woman her dinner, but she refused and remained inconsolable. What to take out of my experience: Don't fly Air Canada unless you absolutely have to and use this airline as a last resort. Avoid this airline at all costs.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Julien Marin    (Canada)

Just flew with Air Canada Rouge for the first time. I've been a dedicated Air Canada flyer for many years with Status alternating between Elite and Super Elite. Rouge is a big step down for their regular flight service: reduced legroom, uncomfortable chairs, inexperienced flight attendants. The lady next to me was not able to be served in French so I had to act as the translator for the attendants, this was unacceptable! The Entertainment system changed to an App or browser-based system. I'm not opposed to this, but it would be much better if they provided a system on which I can mount my tablet rather than staring down at the table-top the whole flight. Moreover, if you have an Ipad you will need to download the app ahead of the flight (or have the Google Chrome browser installed) otherwise you won't be able to view movies onboard. TV viewing will still work through the regular browser (not sure why TV and Movie streaming would be all that different but anyhow). They should offer the capability of downloading the require app (or Chrome) from the plane's entertainment system directly. Overall, generally disappointed and wouldn't recommend this flight division of AC.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 February 2014 by J Craig    (Canada)

Saint John, NB to Cancun, Feb 7th and will not fly with Air Canada Rouge again. 4 hour delay in Toronto not due to weather and no explanation to passengers for the reasons for delay. 4.5 hour flight with no hot meal available - experienced the same on the way back on Feb 15. Seats were exactly a coke can and a half between edge of my seat and back of next. I am 5'8" and my husband is 6'0" and we were very uncomfortable. No TV and music unless you want to download app and watch on your cell phone. You can rent an ipad for $10 but my experience on the way down and the way back was that everyone around me had problems with them. I'll pay more next time and be able to move my legs.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Paxton Kim    (UK)

Whilst most elements of the flights we took with Air Canada were acceptable rather than outstanding there were two elements that were really poor. Firstly the entertainment system was not working on one 7hr flight and the first stewardess just said she'd look into it but didn't. The second steward admitted they knew it was broken. The real issue though is that the only recompense offered was 5% off our next Air Canada flight. The second issue was the rude check in staff at Vancouver airport - not conducive to generating repeat business. The sooner the Middle and far Eastern airlines get a firm foothold into North America the better.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Barr Peter    (Canada)

Boeing 777 W (HD) Toronto-Vancouver, February 6 in economy. The 10 abreast layout is awful, cramped, hard and uncomfortable seats, I will not travel in this layout again. Leather does not breath. Other passengers in my area voiced opinions that this is not an experience to be repeated. I am a loyal million mile member of AC but this layout, and AC Rouge which I have used once and will not repeat for the same reason - too crowded, is just too uncomfortable and I will shop other airlines for better seating or just stay home.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Vladyslav Alexeyenko    (Canada)

AC151, Toronto - Vancouver. The only good thing was the online check-in through Air Canada's iPhone app, I was lucky enough that there was one exit row seat (has extra legroom) that no one purchased off at extra cost or checked-in earlier, so I got that. Apart from that, everything else was quite bad. The staff were not attentive. You ask them something, they promise they will get back to you, then they forget. When you click the button to call the attendant, no one ever comes, even though they walk by. As usual, no food on domestic flights, only drinks. The plane was dusty as usual.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 February 2014 by K Yount    (USA)

I recently spent between $3,000 and $4,000 for 3 seats on Air Canada, for a vacation to the United Kingdom for my wife, sister and me. It was important for all of us to sit together. When I tried to get seat assignments, their computer system did not work. I had to call instead and spent much time on the phone getting it done. We made the flight to London and were served a small breakfast and I was skipped. On the flight home, we were shunted from one departure gate to another. On our third different one, the computer system would not work and we were told we would have to be moved yet again, when it finally kicked in. As we were boarding our final flight, the stewardess pulled my sister from her seat and gave it to another person. I protested and asked how that could happen and we were told that a husband and wife, who had not bothered to reserve adjacent seats, had asked for my sister's reserved seat, and they just gave it to them, breaking up our family group to do so. We will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Caldentey Juan    (Chile)

I recently flew SCL-EZE-SCL, economy class. Relatively new 777-300. Good flights, average legroom and recline. Cabin crew attentive and polite all the time. Personal IFE system standard and requires some maintenance. Both flights were at meal times, food was good but very poor, only a sandwich and soft drinks.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Diesner Edmund    (Canada)

Took AC156 Vancouver to Toronto on January 16th. The flight was on time, the crew friendly, no problems at all.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Diesner Edmund    (Canada)

AC963, Bogota to Toronto on January 30th. There was a 4.5 hour delay as mechanical problems required the aircraft be replaced in Toronto. We were advised and given free meal vouchers to eat either at a restaurant in the airport or a hotel close by. Everything handled very professionally. No problems on the return flight, the food was actually quite good, the crew very considerate and the entertainment system worked fine!

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Diesner Edmund    (Canada)

Flight AC 962, Toronto to Bogota on January 16th. Flight was on time, the crew very good but the breakfast served very poor. Entertainment system worked fine and we arrived on time!

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Susan Marshall    (Canada)

Just returned from Hawaii using Air Canada and never again. We got to the airport in Vancouver to find that the flight was going to be 3 hours late leaving, they could have let us know by text or at least by email. The only compensation was that once on board we got the ear phones which usually cost $3 free! The seats I had booked had now been reassigned to someone else, no explanation about that so we were cramped up in the last row where my reading light did not work. We took our own sandwiches as I refuse to buy their expensive food. Coming back we did not get anything, not even a drink on the flight from LA. Also no blankets or pillows.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Sheppard Chad    (Canada)

Flew Air Canada rouge to Orlando from Toronto, Jan 25 2014. We will never use this airline again from now on we will fly into Tampa and drive to Orlando. Flight was delayed to and from while the staff whom could use some PR training assured us they hardly ever have delays such as this. Seating was cramped and uncomfortable and the staff on ground and inflight seemed rude and unprofessional unlike anything we have ever experienced. They even tried sending my 5 year old from the washroom at the front of the plane to the rear as not to disturb the people in so called first class. First class meaning they were separated from the rest of us with a curtain falling down and enjoyed a drink of cola while we had water because they ran out of pop part at the back of the aircraft.