Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  10 March 2014 by E Dean    (Canada)

Flew AC 883, CPH-YYZ you certainly get back what you give on AC. I always decide to treat the crew like gold, smiles and thank you and you get that back. AC 883 was about half full to very lucky to have two seats, aisle and window all to myself. I greeted the crew with smiles and they immediately offered my double food, two desserts and about an hour later one member brought me a tray with bread and cookies, I immediately went to the back and thanked them again. Flight was an ageing 767 but saviour these old birds as you'll never again get the incredibly comfy 2-3-2 configuration again on the 777's and 787's. My one complained on these old planes is the seating near the exit rows gets extremely cold, colder then when these planes were new.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 March 2014 by P Smith    (Canada)

LHR-YYZ. On-time departure with arrival 10 mins early in Toronto. Flight crew was friendly and generally efficient but disappeared to the galley for a long period during the middle of the flight. Food was average, wine was good. Business class seat wasn't very comfortable and is oriented away from the window. IFE was OK but doesn't compare well to some other long haul carriers (although it has got slightly better).

Air Canada Customer review :  10 March 2014 by E Dean    (Canada)

High Density 777-300, YYZ-YVR treated myself to an upgrade to Premium Economy and I must say I was extremely happy after seeing the cattle-car arrangement just behind me. PE is great! Seats are huge, like domestic Executive Class on A320's A319's and A321's on AC but only if the upgrade is offered relatively cheap. My one complaint is that there should be a curtain divider between PE and economy and the cabin doesn't feel separated or intimate and noise and crowds spill over into PE. AC's new EnRoute system is a high upgrade over the old, high-rez monitors much easier interface and improved maps. Seats are large leather arm-chairs, same as Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic, small footrest and small cocktail table in armrest. The economy 3-4-3 is just totally unacceptable to a North American consumer who are typically much larger than in other parts of the world. At baggage claim the complaints were loud, people all around me talking of the horrid cramped conditions, seats that don't breath and suffering passengers. AC get rid of this product, it's horrid!! I will avoid at all costs, it's no way to treat a human being. I can only imagine this product on a 13 hours HKG trip.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 March 2014 by F Atkin    (Canada)

Flew from YWG to OGG via YYC. Air Canada Express leg from YWG-YYC. Gate agent paged me and offered an exit row instead of my originally assigned Y class seat which was beside a mother and infant. Loved that the gate agent was so thoughtful. Last Minute upgrade purchased from YYC-OGG at an additional cost of $700. Enjoyed the flatbed for the 7 hr flight. Service was OK. Once meal service had concluded, J class passengers would have to ask for whatever they wanted by accessing the forward galley were the crew congregated. No moving map on either flight however both flights operated onetime. Confirmed with crew that this may be the last season Air Canada mainline operates to Hawaii as Air Canada Rouge will take over this flying which will not offer flatbed seating. Flew back on United from HNL-YWG via ORD as AC fares for a Y class ticket one way was in excess of $700.00. Purchased a First Class ticket on United for $860.00 was served dinner and breakfast and had no charge for checked bags. Beverage glasses were never left unfilled and water glasses were even topped up while passengers slept. No need to venture to the galley to ask for anything.

Air Canada Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Dorothy Boothroyd    (Canada)

My husband and I returned to Toronto from Tokyo on Air Canada yesterday. Our trip to Southeast Asia was with Eva Air. We were fortunate enough to fly Business Class (on points) both ways. The similarity ends there. Eva Air was the height of travel luxury - Air Canada definitely was not. From the so-called Welcome Onboard, we knew things were different. With the exception of 2 flight attendants on AC, the others were diffident at best, one of the flight directors downright rude. It seemed that they couldn't wait to get home. Our flight map didn't work. We were told "too bad'. One of the BC washrooms was out of service from the beginning of the flight. Of course, it was helpful to be able to lie flat but the beds were not very comfortable, the quilt looked and felt as if it came from Walmart and the travel kit was just okay. The remaining two washrooms were tiny and poorly maintained. As for the food - the lamb dinner was floating in grease, the beans were overcooked and the meal was inedible. As for the so-called Business Class service, it needs a major overhaul.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Ronald Kerr-Miller    (Singapore)

The new business class cabin on Vancouver to Hong Kong is a big downgrade. The seats go down under the armrests of the seats in front of you, so you lie in a narrow casket-shaped space - your legs can't move up and down at all, but the part of the lid over you chest and face is open. When the passengers put their seats back up it literally looks like vampires rising out of caskets. It's very cramped and there's no privacy. The herring bone pods were worth the money to me - you got a smidgen of privacy. The new configuration is back to 2 across (ex for a few singleton seats that are always gone already) so you have someone breathing at you from a foot away that you have to crawl over to get to the aisle. I will look for other airlines where AC uses this cabin.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 February 2014 by M Villeneuve    (Canada)

Just flew Air Canada Rouge (Toronto to Montego Bay) for the first time. Had heard horror stories and read the reviews about them so took nothing to chance. We took our own food to eat (which we have done for years with regular Air Canada) and had movies on our laptop to watch rather than the common movie which was being shown on the plane. I had also downloaded their entertainment app on my iPod in advance so could watch their entertainment system as well. Flight down was delayed leaving for about half hour and flight back slightly delayed. Took advantage of their single cart service when it was offered for soft drinks but other than that didn't ask for anything. The flight itself was no worse than some regular Air Canada flights I have taken and we were fortunately we were able to get the bulk head (at an extra cost) so had sufficient leg room. Overall, was satisfied with the flight because I expected nothing from them other than flying me to my destination.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Samir Akhavan    (Canada)

YYZ to YYC on Feb 14 and back the following day in economy. Both flights operated by 320 Airbus with plenty of legroom, good entertainment and decent enough buy on board. I recognize AC is not everyone's favourite airline, but I have rarely, if ever at all, had any major problems. One thing though: I would fly neither Rouge nor the new 777's with ten abreast seating.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 February 2014 by D Carter    (Canada)

I am a frequent AC flyer. Short-haul between YVR and Edmonton or Calgary. From not happy with them - over the last few years they have improved markedly. On-time is very good and so is customer service. I think they deserve the 4 stars. Last flight was Calgary-YVR. Airport is good shape and new massive addition almost ready, Gates staffed with well dressed and smiling (YES smiling) staff. Travelled on a business class upgrade. Flight on-time, attendant greeted me by name with great courtesy, food service just ok (same two light entrees seem to repeat a lot) wine offerings excellent and served promptly, carefully and with a little style. Hot towels very hot, seats ok, took my coat, hung it up and returned before landing.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 February 2014 by Mike Tigg    (Canada)

YYZ-LAX-YYZ, AC792. Consistently late departure on this route either with excuses of maintenance, luggage having to be removed or loaded, passengers tied up in customs, weather etc.. This time all of the above except weather. 763 with no space pod seating that is really showing it's age and lack of cleaning. Inedible breakfast mash of soggy pancakes and rubber sausage. Crew pleasant enough but given very low grade product to work with. On return the crew were efficient but perfunctory and the food just as awful. When I asked how well the beef was done, the attendant replied that they didn't know as all they were told by the company was to put it in the galley oven and cook for twenty minutes, same for all the meals. Very poor product for the money.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 February 2014 by S Summers    (UK)

EZE-SCL-YYZ. Feared the worst after reading other reviews however must admit I was very satisfied with this flight. Good, friendly, service, regular drinks distribution during the night, decent inflight entertainment and acceptable snacks and meals including complementary alcohol which isn't always the case on NA carriers. On time departure and early arrival at YYZ. Glad the older two-class 777-300ERs are used on this route rather than the newer high density aircraft.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Michael Carter    (Canada)

YYZ-NRT in Y class. I take this flight several times per year. It is a convenient direct flight from Toronto to Tokyo. This flight left on time (actually departing the gate a few minutes before the scheduled noon departure time) and we were in the air at 12:09 with no lengthy runaway or taxiing delays. Arrived a few minutes early in Tokyo. To me this flight is a notch above the standard AC product. They seem to be a little more attentive on their transpacific flights and the flights generally have a good on time performance. Service consists of full meal shortly after takeoff, snack about 6 hours later (noodle cup/sandwiches), and breakfast prior to arrival. Drinks (including alcohol) are complimentary. In summary, a good flight with a reasonable price and good service.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Vineet Bapat    (Canada)

Zurich to Toronto (Flight 879 on Feb. 13) on a rather ageing, tired Boeing 767 - however, it was not a full flight so we could easily change our assigned bulkhead seats to two by the window in an exit row - which afforded us great legroom. FAs were wonderful - a senior crew, - very welcoming, helpful and chatty. Likewise, the pilot was great, fully informing and updating passengers of a slight delay due to a technical glitch and, later, alerting us to a great view of the southern tip of Greenland when we flew over it. After an equally long flight from Mumbai in the rather cramped seating on a Swiss A330, this flight was a spacious delight. Food was OK, AVOD was good with a wide selection of movies, music and TV shows. The FA selling duty free items undertook the extra effort to locate what I wanted to buy when he could not find it on the cart. Not a commonly expressed sentiment, but the crew on this Air Canada flight went above and beyond the call in providing a level of service seldom encountered in the economy cabin!

Air Canada Customer review :  19 February 2014 by A Winarski    (Canada)

Flight 1881, departing Sarasota on 12 Feb 2014 to Toronto (YYZ). Delayed 4.5 to 5 hours as of now. No considerations to passengers. JetBlue also delayed but JetBlue brought in pizza and drinks for passengers. Many considerations to those that smoke to leave the secure area but no food. All the kiosks have been closed at this airport since 6 pm!