Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Jim Mitchell    (Canada)

Over the last two years we have taken 31 flights. Of those flights 11 were on Air Canada and on 8 of those 11 there were either delays of more than two hours or cancellations. My most recent was on Air Canada YVR to YEG - the flight was cancelled and it created a great deal of confusion for Air Canada. First they would let us know about putting on other flights in 15 minutes, half an hour later they were still confused and lost. They said they would give a lunch voucher but couldn't get them to print and that took 45 minutes. Finally a lunch voucher that would buy an airport pre-made airport sandwich. Back after lunch and sched on flight in another hour (now 2.5 hours later). This is very typical or even quite good service for this airline. Food and beverages - if you like a mini bag of pretzels and some juice or water or coffee then great. I only travel Air Canada when absolutely necessary.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Shannon Steve    (Canada)

Toronto - Tel Aviv - Toronto, B787 Dreamliner. Executive First. Aircraft is superb and is now my favoured choice over the B777. Innovative numerous improvements in passenger comfort and convenience. Cabin staff really proud of the aircraft and it shows in their service. Flights left on time and arrived early. Concierge at Tel Aviv personally accompanied me to my seat (a first). Overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience on both flights. A thumbs up to a great new aircraft and a motivated and delightful crew.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Friesen Robert    (Canada)

I am a Star Alliance Gold Card holder and fly business class frequently. I just returned from a trip to Thailand and flew the Vancouver to Hong Kong leg (return) business class in their newly configured 777-300 series aircraft. The new business class seating arrangement on this aircraft is an unmitigated disaster. Where do I begin! It is primarily a 2-2-2 layout with 3 rows being 1-2-1. This single seat is only available to AC super elite members. So AC has decided that any other full fare business class travelers on this aircraft are not entitled to a single seat. Ridiculous. The tight seats are far too firm and narrow footwells make it impossible to properly stretch out and have a relaxing sleep. There is no storage area and materials used are cheap and do not even belong in a Premium Economy section. Window passengers do not have a clear access to the aisle. You have to climb over the other passenger. This is unacceptable in a business class in today's airline industry! I browsed through the Duty Free Magazine located in the seat pocket in front of each seat and asked the Flight Attendant if I could order something. She advised me that the configuration of this aircraft did not permit any duty free sales on board. No duty free on board when there is a duty free magazine located in every seat pocket! I will never fly on this aircraft again and my frequent flights to Asia will be on other Star Alliance carriers which are improving their business class product, not reducing it to cattle car status such as AC.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Jones Ian    (UK)

Flew LHR to Vancouver Premium Economy on newish plane with different layout, premium economy is no longer separated by a bulkhead and curtain so we had to put up with kids running up and down the aisles and noise. On top of this they messed up on our return flight from Calgary. No premium economy available so we chose the front two seats in economy, they changed the plane last May, didn't tell us so we lost the seats, after a few calls to the call centre in India they refunded the charge for the so called premium seats but it's not a money issue, we wanted the seats. Arrive at the airport and now we have to pay $70 for our third case that was FOC on the way out. We explained we would have booked it if we could but no joy, they charged us. The only way to complain is to write to them apparently, which we will for sure. Based on these issues I wouldn't recommend this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by D Gallant    (Canada)

On 14th Sept flew Air Canada express - Saskatoon to Vancouver on AC Express. Excellent service by flight attendants. The plane is starting to show its age. We then flew AC 47 to Honolulu. Here again the aircraft is showing its age. Our preferred seat 12 A and C has no window. Service was excellent. The flight attendants were older and were very professional. We learned that Air Canada Rouge is taking over this route in Mid Nov. and we will be returning on that flight in Dec. Our flight departed late however arrived in good time. We had problems stowing our carry on bag as bins were completely filled. Flight attendant did put our bag in a bin in Business Class.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by M Tan    (Canada)

I flew from Toronto to Tokyo on my way to Manila on 22 Oct and had the worst service experience I had in a long haul flight (12 hrs). I was seated at the window seat, on several occasions I had a request for food, water in the middle of the flight, I pressed the attendant button, waited more than 20 mins, then an attendant went by and just went past, no stopping on our side of the aisle and asking if anybody needed anything, this happened in the middle of the flight when everyone was asleep so I didn't want to call out loudly, but was waving my hands. This went on for 3 more attendant passes me before I was able to get the attention of an attendant. On the way back flying from Tokyo to Toronto, I opted for an aisle seat, thinking it was easier to get their attention, it was, but they were not the friendliest or most cordial, I was asking for snacks in the middle of the long flight, I was asked to go to the back myself to get pretzels and cookies. No more long haul Air Canada flights for me if I can avoid it.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Harrison Jason    (Canada)

A trip from home from Greece to Calgary resulted in arrival 41 hours after the scheduled time. Air Canada did not contact me once during this time, only provided vague updates through the hotel staff. On the ensuing flight from Greece, customers were still charged $10 rental fees to use the in-flight iPads, despite being delayed more than a day and a half. Disgusting customer service, and clearly poor plane maintenance practices. A good way to ruin a vacation is to fly with Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Tangye Graeme    (New Zealand)

We had three short haul domestic flights with Air Canada - YVR to YYJ, YYJ to YYC and YYC to YVR. One flight was on time, one was 25 minutes late, and the other was over an hour late. Minimal information was provided about the delays, and most of that was obviously incorrect. Check-in at YYJ and YYC was simple and efficient, but at YVR was terribly slow with only 2 bag drop desks open and huge queues. The overhead lockers on the YYC to YVR were inadequate, leaving everyone a scamble to find space anywhere they could. I would give any other airline a try next time - Air Canada performance leaves much to be desired.

LHR to YVR, 777-300ER. Fairly new aircraft, with everything clean and working as it should. Cabin crew were okay, without being anything special. I found the staggered beds to be quite comfortable, although if travelling alone it is better to avoid the pairs of seats near the window unless you want to climb over/be climbed over by a stranger. Food was okay, but nothing special. Air Canada lounge at Heathrow was nice, but the check-in process was poor. The premium desk was far removed from the economy kiosks with poor signage and the Air Canada roving ground staff lady that we dealt with did not help. It was only when we reached the bag drop desk, after a long wait, that we were told where we should have gone.

Air Canada Customer review :  15 September 2014 by E Wong    (Canada)

On September 8, I boarded my connection flight scheduled to depart at 6.30pm from Calgary to London Heathrow, but after boarding, the pilot announces that there was a problem with the de-icing device. They spent hours trying to fix the problem, but in the end the flight was canceled. By the time we walked out of the plane it was almost midnight. I understand that due to safety issues there was no choice but to cancel the flight, but what I'm extremely upset about was the unhelpful staff and lack of support for the 300 passengers walking out of that plane, at midnight in a snowing city, hungry and without anywhere to go. After exiting the plane, we were summarily dismissed by agents who could do nothing to help us rebook our plane, find hotels, or even to just to remove our "checked-in" status, so that we could call the helpline to rebook our flight. Because the desk agents failed to remove my "checked-in" status (when I asked they told me it would be done in about an hour, which did not happen), I had to call the help line 3 different times before someone there was able to reach the ticket office to fix things up and issue me a new ticket for next evening. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night. As a single Canadian adult traveling by myself with all the right gadgets and adequate travel insurance, I was lucky enough to sort everything out myself, albeit with endless frustrations. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been for foreigner, families, or elderly people with hearing problems. Because of this experience, I will probably take a vacation from Air Canada for a long, long time.

Air Canada Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Cohen Jonathan    (Canada)

Toronto YYZ - Tel-Aviv TLV. Flew on new 787-8 aircraft in a standard economy window seat. The plane has only been in service since the early summer and it shows. It still looks (and smells) new. The climate control system pumped fresh air into the cabin, the AC was very good. The windows on this plane are huge. The ambient lighting changed according to our journey's progress and provided a good general atmosphere. The entertainment system was excellent and fast responding, with an extended selection of films, TV shows, games etc. Every seat came with a USB plug as well as AC power. Flight attendants were courteous, professional and between them spoke 6 languages to cater to the various passengers. The overhead storage bins were very large. The cabin in general seemed spacious and pleasing. Before I review the seats and leg space please make note that I have small build, 5'5" (165 cm) and 132 pounds (60kg). Leg room was ok as long as you don't have carry on luggage on the floor. The seat reclined to a relative comfortable position (as far as an economy seat may be comfortable) although I didn't note a major improvement over other/older Air Canada planes, including the 767-3 which was replaced by this plane on this route. The big problem with the seating in economy is the 3x3x3 configuration. The seats are narrow. I was lucky that nobody was sitting in the middle seat next to my window seat. The seat felt cramped without a person sitting next to me. It would've been almost unbearable to fly for 10 hours with someone next to me. Remember, I'm smaller than the average person and couldn't imagine how an average or large person could last in an economy seat for such a long flight. Air Canada definitely dropped the ball with this seat configuration on an international flight. It might work for a short haul flight but not on a 10 hour flight. Simply outrageous design decision. Another inexplicable design decision was to mount controls on the arm rest, exactly where you'd put your arm. There were several incidents witnessed during the flight where a passenger accidentally pressed the flight attendant button. The flight attendants reaction was as if it was a common occurrence. I myself accidentally pressed the seat lighting button a few times and changed the volume on my flight entertainment program. This is a very annoying design flaw, especially if a stranger sitting next to you will push the buttons on your flight entertainment controls. Food was horrible, possibly the worst meal I've come across, specifically the main course for dinner as well as breakfast. One bite was more than enough to leave the food on the tray. The new plane has a lot going for it but is plagued by design flaws in economy that would most likely make the long journey in economy a very bad experience for almost every single person. Disappointing! I cannot recommend a flight on this plane in economy. My suggestion would be to pay the extra money to fly in Premium Economy. The seats looked far more comfortable and had had a better 2x3x2 configuration. I also suggest to eat prior to flying at the airport and/or buy food to eat prior to boarding.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2014 by C Hall    (Australia)

Flew from Calgary to LHR. Comfortable seat, food was good. Plane was clean. Only defect was the inoperative entertainment system. That was no great hassle, I had a good book. Boarding was well done. Terminal 2 at Heathrow was hopeless. It took an hour to get through Immigration. Many booths were empty and the fast track computers were "down" so the fast trackers cluttered up the "other passports" group. Air Canada has some terrible reviews and my son in Calgary warned me of its reputation so I had bought some muesli bars, just in case. I was pleasantly surprised, the flight was good. I would use them again. Round the world flights seem poor value.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Maral Vieira    (USA)

No entertainment from Toronto to Lisbon, simply lights out. While I had entertainment from LA to Toronto, my daughter had none for both legs of the trip. I can not imagine in this day and age that an airline offers no entertainment. Food was okay, but you must pay for wine on international leg of trip. I think it's either BA or AF from now on.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2014 by T Law    (UK)

Travelled from Heathrow to Vancouver, we sat for 90 mins on the runway with little info but just problems with one of the engines. The TV did not work and we had to wait for the stewardess to be ready to re boot it! The seats are 3x4x3 and very little leg room although the leather seats were quite comfortable. The worst thing was the rude service we got from the air hostesses, they looked like it was too much trouble to do anything for you! The food on return flight was appalling, before we landed we were handed a yoghurt and a dry slab of some kind of cake. For the price of the flights I felt the great films did not make up for the bad service, poor food, and cramped conditions!

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2014 by D Dal    (Canada)

Booked a flight in February to Greece, since booking our return flight has been changed 4 times. We first had one stop in Montreal then straight to Edmonton landing at 10.30 pm. After the 4th change Air Canada had added another layover in Toronto after Montreal, now returning at 1.30 am. I wouldn't have booked this flight if I knew this is the way they operate. There are too many other airlines that never change there flights no matter how full or empty the flights are. Book through another provider.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Rebecca Dorman    (Australia)

Our family flew from Vancouver to Sydney in Business Class on the final leg of an around the world trip. All other Star Alliance airlines were great. Air Canada was shocking! There were no shower facilities in the Air Canada lounge in Vancouver. The aircraft was very dirty. Crumbs of food, smeared sticky stuff, old rubbish around our seats. We had ordered special meals due to medical conditions for 3 family members. The food was inedible - overcooked. Our business class meal consisted of chicken that was too hard to cut, potatoes that disintegrated as soon as we tried to pick it up with a fork. Dessert was a small fruit salad. We were offered our breakfast instead of our dinner in case that was better, and the crew were understanding, but there were no other food options available for a 19 hour flight. We were hungry for 19 hours (travelling with 2 children). This would have been unacceptable in economy. Upon receiving our complaint Air Canada offered 10% discount off our next flight. Useless as we will never fly with them again.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 September 2014 by P Harvey    (Canada)

Flew YEG-LHR (again). Great experience. It's not the luxury of the middle eastern or Asian airlines, but the meals and wines are included, unlike Icelandair, and the cabin experience is far better than United. My first choice. The LHR terminal they use is now excellent.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 September 2014 by John Brough    (UK)

26th September, 1.5 hours late leaving London Heathrow for Montreal. Knew I would miss my connecting flight to Toronto City, where I had family waiting for me. Was assured from the aircrew that Air Canada ground crew were aware of the delay and arrangements had been made to fly Toronto passengers out on two flights. All we had to do was contact the AC agents at Montreal. Suffice to say, no one was available to help in fact a less helpful bunch of individuals I have yet to meet. After lots of chasing around from one departure gate to another, I was eventually put on a flight to Toronto Pearson which resulted in my sister having to dash across Toronto at the last minute. Furthermore, it seems my luggage arrived on an earlier flight, isn't that a security breach? All in all a very poor service from Air Canada, which has resulted in me vowing never to fly with them again, going back to Air Transat.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jeffrey Tjan    (Canada)

AC001, YYZ to NRT. Could not scan the boarding pass to retrieve baggage tag using the machine, hence we had to queue up for 'check in assistance'. The line up was long, we had to wait for 1hr. Boarding was quite quick. Service was mediocre, kind of bad actually when you compare it to ANA (I have a connection to CGK using ANA). Return trip AC006, HND to YYZ. Same service except for better IFE due to newer aircraft (b787). Food was not delicious but edible on both sector. Overall Air Canada is a mediocre airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 September 2014 by E MacDonald-Williams    (UK)

A good flight from London to Toronto - but what miserable female flight attendants - one did not even manage a smile in 7.5 hours. Please Air Canada - staff training on welcoming people to Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Julian Wyer    (UK)

London Heathrow to Montreal, 28 August 2014, Boeing 777-333ER, C-FNNW. One of Air Canada's latest Triple Sevens equipped with their latest interior in economy with black leather seats and a very cramped 3-4-3 configuration. Very narrow seats, uncomfortable but just OK for a 6.5 hour flight. The controller for the in-flight entertainment screen is now placed in the arm rest just where you lean your elbows, causing lights and cabin call alerts all over the cabin. Little thought has been placed into the design of Air Canada's new economy cabin! Also, my light control was turning on the incorrect light (obviously little testing of their systems on a new aircraft). Cabin attendants all old-timers and all very miserable but this is consistent with my experience of AC's transatlantic offering. Food - perhaps it is time they quit the hot food service! Still cannot believe this economy cabin design has actually entered service and other airlines that also employ the 3-4-3 configuration on the Triple are far more comfortable.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Carter Dave   (Canada)

Vancouver-Calgary-Grande Prairie and return Aug 24-27. Unlike recent ghastly experience with AC Rouge - this was all on regular line. Planes were on-time, clean and crew were friendly and efficient. Maple Leaf Lounge in Calgary is being re-built but there was plenty of seating and the food and drinks just fine. A highlight on the GP-Calgary (5.00 flt) - a very friendly and funny FA. Two young chaps were using inappropriate language as they boarded and she (young FA with charm and humor and lovely French accent) reminded them of "language" around others. We all smiled and they complied and I was impressed with her. Very nice trip on all four legs.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 September 2014 by D Yu   (Hong Kong)

HKG-YVR. Each time I take Air Canada between Vancouver and some Asian destination, I become increasingly frustrated with half of the staff's attitudes. It seems to me that some of these flight attendants tend to get easily frustrated towards Asian passengers. One flight attendant was lecturing me what I should and should not place in the overhead compartment (I really wish I just ignored her). Another major issue I have with the new seat design is the placement of the earphone plug, which is located in front of us. It's extremely inconvenient to unplug it in and out all the time when a passenger next to you has to get up. Plus, this is also one of the least comfortable economy seats I have sat on.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Jean Tinling   (Canada)

24 July, YWG-YYZ. I was leaving on an early morning flight on July 24, 2014 and had a serious fall onto my face just as I was leaving for the airport. I arrived at the Air Canada check-in in pain and shock. I was greeted by the most caring and compassionate ticket agent, who immediately called the medics. They got a wheelchair and ice packs for my face, and accompanied me through customs, after clearing me for travel with the on call doctor. They gave me extra ice packs for the flight to Toronto, and the flight attendants gave me a bag of ice to rest my face in and constantly checked back to check my comfort. Empathic and caring flight attendants.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Ralph Smith   (Canada)

My original rant today starts because of Air Canada's online flight tracker. Every time one of our friends comes in from out of town we normally follow their progress online to make sure we don't have much of a wait at the airport. Air Canada doesn't seem to care and leave their customer's rides hanging, today it was almost an hour. Now my second rant is from personal experience a number of years back and I tell anyone who asks me which airline they should use and shouldn't. I haven't taken a flight myself with Air Canada since we booked a trip using airmiles and never will again. Our flight to Cancun was originally set for 32 hours, 5 stop overs and leaving from an airport an hour and a half away. A few days later I received a call from them to change my itinerary to 26 hours when I asked if they could let me use the airport 10 minutes from my home he said since we put you through the trouble OK. Sleeping in my wheelchair inside of the Mexico City and Guadalajara airport we arrived in Cancun utterly exhausted and me with a diabetic low blood sugar. On the 6 hour flight home with an overnight in Calgary my wife left me ahead to grab our luggage. When they came to get me I told them my supplies were all in the overhead compartment. The rude stewardess wouldn't even look and told me that my wife had everything. I get off of the plane and when I saw my wife she didn't have my jacket, medical supplies or test kit. After spending the night trying to retrieve my medical supplies in the city we went home exhausted again. They had the nerve the next day to tell me to come and get my supplies. After them making 3 trips I finally got everything back. Even if I was offered a few flight I will never board another Air Canada plane ever again.

Air Canada Customer review :  2 September 2014 by V Colley   (UK)

Flight from Heathrow to Ottawa, AC889 - myself and my husband and daughter. We had paid top prices to travel to visit family in Canada. On boarding the plane we were not greeted, merely nodded at by a 'gentleman' who barely glanced at our boarding passes and said 'down there'! Not a great start and this attitude and lack of care or service continued throughout the flight. Not one of the cabin crew smiled during the whole flight - for which I was awake the whole time! Yes, we were travelling economy class however we had paid premium prices for these flights! Very disappointing to be treated so poorly. As for the 'food' - words fail me!

Air Canada Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Dela Santa Corazon    (USA)

Our Air Canada flight to Barcelona, August 8 and our return from Madrid, August 21 were saddled with cancellations, delays and very poor customer service. As the 8.50 flight was getting closer to departure time on the night of August 8, passengers were first told that the aircraft had not arrived, while the crew had come in. Then we were told that there was no part and it was best to wait and be safe than sorry. By 10.30 additional staff came in and said that the part had arrived. After an hour of waiting close to midnight, we learned there was no crew to fly and the flight was cancelled. The station manager came in with security and more staff. The manager said that all hotels in downtown Montreal were full booked thus no hotel for us. He however guaranteed that we would be flying the next day to Barcelona and that we could retrieve our luggage and AC staff will make sure that we are comfortable. There was not a single staff member around after customs so passengers who decided to sleep in the airport went around looking for benches and chairs to sleep on. Vouchers of course were handed over but in the beginning my sister and I were told of the following: no food will be served on the flight but would be available for purchase, no re-routing to catch our tour and AC was not responsible if we missed our tour. All these actions on the part of Air Canada were well orchestrated and any questions from passengers was met with Security ready to handle any raising of voices. Our Air Canada saga however did not end in Barcelona. On the way back August 21 from Madrid, again the 1.30 pm flight was moved to 3.00 pm. It was not difficult to figure out again the cause for delay. As more fresh looking passengers came in to join the 3 pm flight, it was clear the delay was done to combine the 1 pm and 3 pm passengers. The delay caused us to miss the connecting flight in Toronto for Montreal our final destination. When we asked Air Canada customer service if we could take an earlier flight to Montreal, we were told that our luggage had been checked in for the 10.30 flight to Montreal. We could not say anything to customer service only to find out that our luggage did not arrive in Montreal in spite of the nearly 3 hour window to load our luggage. As someone enticed to fly Air Canada's direct flight to Barcelona from Montreal, this airline gave its passengers a sing song routine when all passengers like me wanted to know what is really happening with our flights. Air Canada should never forget that we paid the fare they asked for be it from a travel agent or online.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Jeff Russell   (Canada)

YYC to Narita return: Horrible flight there. Checked in for my wife and I with seats together the night before. Somehow when we showed up at the airport, the seats were separated. Managed to change 1 seat with a nice Japanese lady. Both inflight entertainment systems did not work. About 50% of the cabin had the same issues. How hard is it to test the system beforehand? Or upgrade to a system that works. On the way to Narita, we were both stuck with the Japanese meal being at the back of the plane. Was awful. On the return flight back, we managed to get seats in the front of the plane and had a much better meal. Still 1 out of 2 inflight systems did not work properly, only a couple of movies worked. We were both a sleep/dosing when they served the breakfast ~2hrs from Calgary and were both woken up, did it look like we wanted breakfast?

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Liberman   (USA)

I flew Air Canada from BOS-YYZ on 8/20/14 in economy class. FA's were friendly and the seats were very comfortable. Not that many movie choices, but it is a short flight. On the way back there was a problem with my name during boarding (probably because I was an unaccompanied minor), and as an apology I got a free business class upgrade. The food was great and the seats were very nice. I recommend it.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2014 by K Fisher   (Canada)

Flight AC 7439 was cancelled in LaGuardia, no explanation. Put on another flight to YYZ and connection to Edmonton. Counter clerk printed out wrong boarding pass so had to return from security to get correct pass. Flight was late and arrived in YYZ with 30 minutes to clear customs, grab bags, drop off bags at domestic, go through security and get to gate. No Air Canada representative anywhere in this process to assist in getting through quickly so we missed our flight. The counter clerk insinuated we should have asked for help. I asked the Baggage Clerk, the Information Clerk, the Customs Clerk and the Security Clerk. There was no Air Canada representative present anywhere during this process. I realize there may be a reasonable explanation for cancellations, but we were given none. Worst part is that their Executives could care less, so it goes from the top down as to the contempt they have for passengers. Air Canada will never see me or my family on one of their flights again.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 August 2014 by S Walford   (Canada)

YYZ-YEG Full flight. Overall, a great experience from web check in to early departure and early arrival. Great service by friendly cabin crew. Clean plane. Terminal 1 at YYZ easy to use. Air Canada has WestJet beat.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2014 by John Smith   (Canada)

YVR-LHR on the high density 777. Will avoid this aircraft in the future. Seats were filthy when we got on the plane with garbage shoved under the seat and in the pockets. Not acceptable for business class. Service was poor and staff constantly running around frantically. No water runs, no one came to collect garbage and there was no snack bar unlike other 777 flights. Food was mediocre at best. One positive about the 777HD is that the IFE is excellent and the TV screen is much larger. If you are seated next to someone consider yourself stuck because it is very difficult to climb over when the seat is reclined.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Taylor   (Canada)

I have just recently completed 2 return trips, YYC-YYZ in Y class, after a number of AC rouge flights and have to say I felt like I'd been upgraded. Flights were comfortable, entertainment had a great selection right at my seat and I didn't have to download an App to watch 30 yr old movies. Inflight service was good, lots of overhead cabin room and the best part - adequate leg room! I am still a fan of AC, but really hope they do away with AC rouge asap. It's bringing the AC brand image down to a very low level.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Lowry   (Canada)

Air Canada Express (Jazz) YYZ - Charlottetown PEI - YYZ, August 12-19. Given the strong and well deserved criticism levelled at Air Canada's bizarre Rouge offering, I want to compliment those in charge and working in their Express service. Our flights to Charlottetown and back were on time, professionally operated, with a calm atmosphere, completely absent the tension that exists on so many stressful jammed-in flights. The CRJ 705 to PEI was very comfortable, you could cross an ocean in those seats no problem. The smaller CRJ 200 on the way back is more snug, with a couple of inches less leg room but still adequate for the flight length. The CRJ 200 lacks the entertainment system and catering of the 705, that is the only thing removing some stars from my overall rating. Now that I will not book an Air Canada flight that could be Rouged at a later date, it is good to know that there are some services under the Air Canada brand that one can take with a confident expectation of good service and a pleasant flight. Well done Jazz Aviation and AC Express.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Keep   (UK)

We flew LHR-Toronto, outbound via Halifax and return via Montreal. Overall experience was positive with genuinely helpful and kind cabin crew on all legs, decent IFE selection and all flights arriving on time, even after one was delayed so they could find a bigger plane to accommodate a previous cancellation! All the connections were well managed too by calm and well organised staff. The LHR-Halifax flight is clearly not a prestige route and the older 767 along with some rather informal cabin crew and one bordering on 'doddery' did give the feel of something closer to a motorway diner than an international airline, but we enjoyed it anyway. Where Air Canada does have big room for improvement is the food. Meals were given on both transatlantic flights but all were decidedly average with breakfast before landing at LHR a single piece of cake! Many have complained about the 3-4-3 seating layout on the new 777-300ERs and yes, it is busy boarding and there are sometimes queues for the toilets, but I'm 6'2 and even with my long legs it was manageable for 6 hours, if not luxurious. Overall we were pleasantly surprised.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Hayley Peterson   (Canada)

AC8886, I flew from Edmonton to Newfoundland. My flight from Edmonton was delayed 55 minutes, the lady at the ticket desk did not even check in my son, so that caused a hassle when I went to get on the plane. When I got to Halifax the plane was delayed 3.5 hours. I had 2 cranky boys under 3 years old, everything was closed at the airport, they gave me a $10 meal voucher and were very rude about it. I do not recommend this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Richard Lau   (Canada)

I will definitely not fly with Air Canada again. Had a previous bad experience with them and thought maybe give them another chance. Wife and I flew out of Paris from CDG. Boarded aircraft along with other 398 passengers and waited for over an hour for the plane to depart. No apologies, nor explanations other than a brief P.A. about waiting for one late baggage. Plane arrived at Montreal one hour late and all passengers were not allowed to disembark due to some medical problem with one single person with another further delay of 20 minutes or so. We rushed to baggage claim to retrieve the check-ins then to an Air Canada connections kiosk. The clerk was extremely slow and seemed unsure how to process the transfer and became irritated when told that we were in a hurry to catch the 4 pm connector in 45 mins. She eventually told us that she would be placing us on a 8 pm connector instead. She became even more irate when asked for an explanation and merely told us to move on and just place the luggage on the conveyor. Another agent then came over and demanded us not to place the luggage on the conveyor as the flight was not until 8 pm and we were required to lug them around until further notice. While waiting for the connector - we spoke with a supervisor at an Air Can ticket counter and she explained that all passengers must be checked in 1 hour to departure hence we were placed on an 8 pm connector. At no time did any Air Canada staff members offer any apologies or help to alleviate the problem.

Air Canada Customer review :  27 August 2014 by K Manson   (Canada)

LHR to YYZ. We travelled in an old 767. On the inbound flight it was a beautiful big 777 and frankly, much better. This 2-3-2 configuration was crowded on a long haul flight and there are only bathrooms in the back of the plane. Our seats at the front - you get it. I do have a few issues with this flight- the bathrooms had not been cleaned and smelt terrible! I think a flight attendant did a good clean up mid flight as it seemed to improve as the flight went on. Surely not appreciated by her. My other issue with Air Canada on both flights is that the cancelled their pre dinner drink run. Cost cutting? Maybe. And the food was pretty lousy too. My children's meals in particular were terrible. Finally, our IFE had a glitch and the first 40 rows had their programming interrupted about 20 times. I know, first world problems - but when you pay for it. On a brighter note, 'some' flight attendants were friendly (others not at all). We will go back to our regular Air Transat route across. Cheaper, cleaner and more bang for buck. Friendly too.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Taylor   (UK)

LHR to Calgary: Check in at brand new T2 was a complete shambles - not sure if this is AC's problem or T2 teething troubles? Not enough staff around to deal with self check-in problems and only 2 check in desks available - the queue was long and slow! On board in Economy, seat pitch and leg room was pretty good for 2 adults and 1 child. Everything else distinctly average. Return leg, Vancouver to LHR, Premium Economy: Self check in worked fine but bag drop slow and everyone in the same queue, with not one AC rep on the airport floor in sight. Seats in Premium OK. Flight delayed for around an hour due to them being unable to get the door closed. Inflight service really poor - food was absolutely dire and meal of choice had run out even before we'd left the ground. Flight attendants completely lacking in attentiveness - no rubbish collection despite me having a nice tidy little bag full of bits, which I deliberately left in sight. Even as we came in to land, it got missed on their final cabin check. Missed drinks/coffee runs - there was definitely a preferred customer system in operation - fine, we may not be frequent flyer members (and never will be!) but we've still paid a premium fare and shouldn't be completely overlooked. Baggage reclaim at LHR T2 a mess - again, not sure if this is AC's problem but surely LHR should know what they're doing by now? All in all, both Air Canada and LHR's shiny new T2 have disappointed. Not sure we'll be able to avoid using T2 again in the future but certainly we will not be choosing AC again.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Eric   (USA)

Our NRT-YVR flight was quite pleasant. The flight attendants spoke English and Japanese and were friendly and accommodating. They helped with the overhead luggage (something rarely seen with US carriers) and worked hard to help with entertainment and tried to provide service during heavy turbulence. There were at least two choices of dinner, both quite nice. Kids got their meals first. Slippers would have been nice (like one gets on Asian airlines). The movie selection was good. Overall, an on-time well-handled flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Radda Stephan   (Austria)

We bought a ticket for Vienna - Toronto - Orlando and back Miami -–Toronto - Vienna online and got tickets for flights AC6167, AC1866, AC917, AC 6166. The first problem was we could not reserve seats for the Vienna-Toronto flight because it was operated by Austrian Airlines. We checked in online at the first opportunity and had an uneventful trip to Miami, the Air Canada Plane being a little rugged was an "Air Rouge" flight but it was ok. The return flight was a disaster. The Plane from Miami arrived late from Toronto, which resulted in missing the Vienna flight. We asked the onboard personnel if they could give us any information on the status of our connecting flight, but the same problem again: they told us they had no info on the Austrian Airlines flight and that it was "out of their hands" - then they got annoyed when we asked for priority disembarking. Well we ran for it but it had not waited for our party of 8. We were split up, re-routed to Paris AC880 and then after 5 hours of waiting to Vienna by Air France flight AF1738. We had to get the Air France boarding passes ourselves, offered no assistance like food vouchers or lounge access but told us we could fill out a complaint form online. We had to run around so much (with 2 little children) that we used 3 hours up anyway. When we arrived finally in Vienna, the luggage was missing, again some confusion which Airline was responsible now. The onboard and ground personnel were indifferent at best. I will avoid air Canada at all costs in the future.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Martin Pelletier   (Canada)

Flight from Ottawa to Fredericton. I arrived 42 minutes before boarding and "missed my flight". I Was charged 170 dollars to book a flight later. Customer "service" staff made no attempt to get me on my flight. They were rude and had zero empathy. On the return flight I was offered an earlier flight out of Fredericton but had a 6hr layover in Montreal. Weather in Montreal had delayed several flights. Air Canada staff directed me to wrong help booth on the first floor where I waited 45 minutes before being told rudely that they were too busy with people who had missed their flights to help me and I should try the Jazz booth on the other level. The Jazz booth had a two hour wait, because of the recent weather, with only one staff at the desk. When I arrived at the wait line I asked a passing staff if this was the right booth for Jazz and she told me to "just wait in line" whiteout even answering this simple question. I waited two hours and was told that they could not give me an earlier flight. Flights were on time but customer service was absolutely unacceptable. Needless to say this is my last flight with this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 August 2014 by James Gadd   (UK)

LHR-YYZ return. I was on a 3-3-3 configured 777 which was quite comfortable, however I would avoid the newly configured 3-4-3 777 as I understand the seat width and pitch is less - I have had experience of this configuration before and it is not comfortable. Food going out was great, but terrible coming back - I guess LHR has better catering! Regular drinks runs with a full bar rather than just juice/water was a welcome surprise.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Beverly MacPherson   (Canada)

We acquired our tickets on May 2 2014 for travel on July 26th 2014, the flight to Charlottetown PEI was okay apart from being delayed leaving Edmonton International due to overbooking again. We received $50 per person off with 1 free meal each. Travel agent paid Air Canada for our meals however we never received them. I was told vouchers would be provided via Air Canada when our tickets were scanned but that never happened. On the return flight Aug 9 2014 from Montreal to Edmonton one of our assigned seats 33F had no television working so our son did not even have a TV screen to watch on the 4.5 hour flight back to Edmonton. This is the last flight we will take with Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 August 2014 by S Bradley   (Canada)

I will not fly on Air Canada if I can help it. My wife and I won tickets to fly anywhere in Canada in a contest (not through AC). We decided on St. John's, NFLD. Somehow the ticket agents and boarding staff knew that we didn't pay for our tickets and from that point on the service ended. The man at the boarding desk actually said to me that I had no right to request better seats (the plane was only half full) because we didn't pay for our tickets. I was appalled at the rudeness we experience and will not fly on an airline that pays employees to treat people like this. We usually go to the border cities to fly out of to save money. But to fly domestically I will use WestJet if possible. Have flown on them twice and the service was excellent.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Jonathan Nesbitt   (Japan)

August 2nd 2014, AC009. We arrived at a very crowded, very unruly check in counter in Calgary where it was clear staff had no control of the lineup. When you're travelling with a 5 month old this situation can create a lot of stress. Once we boarded the situation became worse. The seats were dirty and clearly very worn. It was evident that the planes climate control was broken. We sat onboard the aircraft at the gate for what seemed to be a very long time with aircraft engineers trying to fix the problem. The pilot claimed the problem was fixed, we began our taxi away from the gate and then the plane just sat there. We went back to the gate and tried to get it fixed. After a lengthy wait (again) we taxied and took off. Of course, once airborne the cooling system still did not work and the pilot informed us that we were going to be diverted to Vancouver to potentially switch planes. Told a new plane was being readied and we would be boarding 7pm Vancouver time. When we went to our new check in gate the situation went from worse to downright awful. Ground staff had no idea on seat assignments and couldn't figure out where to seat everyone. We thankfully got our bassinet seats but other passengers were told to board and to find a seat "anywhere they could". We finally got in the air 9 hours after our ordeal. I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by A Hall   (Canada)

I travelled premium economy on Air Canada from Vancouver to Heathrow. This product is very good value in my opinion. Seats were similar to AC domestic standard business class, about 38' or more pitch, two on the sides. The dinner meal was a condensed business class meal in my opinion, having travelled in that class previously. The wine, drinks service was excellent, staff were very attentive. Morning meal more standard fare, but fine. Air Canada has come a long way in service over the past few years and I would definitely choose them over any American carrier and many European ones. I thought the dinner meal was better than what I ate on united first class. UA could take lessons from AC.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Hannah Lingrell   (USA)

San Francisco - Toronto - Madrid: Poorest plane I have flown in, and that's saying a lot as I've flown a lot during my time as a flight attendant and on my own for pleasure trips. Seats in the plane from Toronto to Madrid were very narrow and cramped (and I'm a petite, slim female) and extremely uncomfortable (did they purchase the seat foam at the dollar store? I think Greyhound bus seats would have definitely been more comfortable). I had recently called in to customer service to request a bland meal after getting horrible food poisoning days before my flight, but unfortunately, there was no special meal for me at dinner time. So lucky me, I got to eat a bread roll for dinner. No free food was served on the flight from San Francisco to Toronto? It was considered a "national" flight. What? It was an 8-hour flight that crossed an international border. Entertainment was one screen in front for the whole economy cabin on an international flight (Toronto to Madrid). I'll never fly them again.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Iain Hyslop   (Canada)

We were in the waiting lounge for a return flight from San Diego to Vancouver when we were told that the flight was cancelled due to technical problems. They offered us a flight part way to San Francisco and a hotel for the night there which we accepted. When we arrived at the SFO airport to leave however AC demanded another $50 for an extra bag. We explained that we had already paid this in San Diego and that it would have been for the entire flight to Vancouver, not just part way. The AC "customer care" representative was surly and annoyed at our refusal to pay this charge twice. Common sense finally prevailed but we had to demand a supervisor in order to sort this out.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Tony Laverghetta   (Canada)

AC865, LHR-YUL, B777-300ER, full flight and expectations fulfilled. Great plane, seats comfortable for a 7 hrs flight, IFE is superb with new touch screens (like ipad), good variety of movies, music and series selections, food OK, pasta was delicious however the wrap snack was nothing special, perhaps an ice-cream would have been a better option as we're in summer now. Staff very dedicated and attentive, always smiling, passing through the cabin quite often for water services and more. Amazingly enough it was my first time on an intercontinental AC flight and I got very satisfied with this experience.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Phillip Howarth   (UK)

AC869, 11th July 2014, London Heathrow - Toronto. LHR-YYZ. Travelled to Toronto business class on new 787, seat was the best I have experienced in a long time, good food on offer and great IFE. Only one problem, beware of booking seats 5A + 5K on the 787 - these seats don't have any windows.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Ivan Dzhur   (USA)

May 25th, Calgary to Winnipeg, AC 8380. June 30th, Winnipeg to Saskatoon, AC 8293. July 13th, Saskatoon to Winnipeg, AC 8296. July 27th, Winnipeg to Toronto, AC264. Recently I took four domestic flights with Air Canada. All flights were on time, crew did what they supposed to do. Certainly tickets are overpriced but its because there are no competition on Canadian air market. Would certainly consider flying with them again.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Rex Hou   (USA)

AC 1856, July 15th, Las Vegas to Montreal. AC 845, July 28th, FRA to YYC. AC 1896, July 28, YYC to Las Vegas. We had a terrible experience flying Air Canada business class. First of all on all segments' seating was separated for my wife and myself and every time we tried to change seating so we could sit together, AC staff didn't seem to care and gave us false info on the aircraft seating arrangement. We had to stop over at Calgary and the flight attendant was not familiar with the US citizen passing through and did not give us a Canadian custom form (luggage must be picked up and sent through US custom at the airport). The Air Canada ground staff were also was not clear about US bound passenger's procedure. Air Canada is no doubt the weakest link in the Star Alliance family.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by T Eldem   (Canada)

AC 811 from IST to YYZ on B767-300. The ground services in Istanbul are handled by a third party for Air Canada and are appalling. I am a top-tier AC frequent flyer and used the priority check-in which took an extraordinarily long time to process our party of 4 travellers. There were 5 agents behind the desk with only one dealing with the passengers and the rest simply watching. Boarding process was utterly chaotic with 9 agents in attendance and none of them at all interested in answering the queries from the passengers or helping them. I had to inquire 3 times about priority boarding before I was offered a snippy response. In one of those instances, the agent made eye-contact and then simply walked away from me completely ignoring my question. The gate assigned for the flight was woefully inadequate to handle a Transatlantic flight. 200+ passengers were processed through a check-in facility more suited for commuter planes. We were eventually bussed to the aircraft adding further delays to a flight that was already delayed by 90 minutes. Once onboard, the aircraft showed its age with tired interior, worn-out PODS, inoperable washrooms and dull lighting. FA's were very attentive and the AVOD selection offered plenty of options. Two meals and frequent water-runs were offered throughout the 11-hour long flight. The meals were mediocre at best but drink selection was good. The only redeeming aspect of the journey was the amazing Business Lounge operated by Turkish Airlines. The flight arrived late but we were lucky to make our connection. Air Canada must take a serious look at their ground service arrangement in Istanbul as it really gets the passengers off to an unpleasant experience.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by G Rendell   (USA)

AC 613, July 6th from Halifax to Toronto and AC 716, Toronto to NYC (LaGuardia) on July 6th. Ground crew and FA's were both excellent. Aircraft's on both flights (Airbus 320 and E-190) were very clean and well maintained. Cannot find anything to fault. Will fly Air Canada again without question.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Mainville   (Canada)

Ottawa to Antigua via Toronto (July 20th). The flight between Ottawa-Toronto was lengthened by more than 20 minutes and left us with 35 minutes to catch our connecting flight to Antigua. Not an easy task when you have to run up floors than down while changing to other sections of the terminal. The return flight on July 27th was even worse. Toronto-Ottawa was cancelled due to severe weather. It took us two hours to access customer service on the premises. Not enough agents, contradictory advise. We were put on stand-by on the 00.30hr flight with crossed- fingers wishing us luck. I can't understand that with the technology we have today they don't known the number of people who book the flight. To make matters worse, no ground crew for an hour, that left us in Ottawa at 2h30am without luggage and a closed office.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Boyd   (Canada)

Flew from Toronto Pearson to Milan Malpensa direct. I must say I have no complaints whatsoever, ok the food was average but its airline food so why complain. The whole experience was pleasant.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Hsui   (Canada)

777, Business class, HKG to YVR. Only 1 meal selection available, cabin service nearly non-existent, 2 of 3 washrooms closed (to store A/C staff luggage) typical A/C flight crew - surly and extremely "seasoned". Every second row has horrible seat configuration. Without exaggeration, there is more room between seating rows in a compact car than there was on this business class seat. Use any other carrier if you can - there is no way that you can do worse than Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Nicola Origgi   (México)

Mexico City-Toronto-Milan Malpensa round trip in business class. Air Canada delivers a consistent and sound business class product with some features that make it more similar to a first class product. For example, the seat configuration on the 767 (1-1-1) is really comfortable and give a great degree of privacy that is not provided on other 4* airlines. Staff service very attentive. I had a 12 hours layover in Toronto and Air Canada provided me a room free of charge at the Gateway Sheraton: a detail that was very much appreciated. I suggest an improvement on drinks in Business Class: for instance, an upgrade in whisky and a wider selection would be both very much appropriated.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 July 2014 by M Smith   (Canada)

I flew from Toronto to Sydney, Australia, via Vancouver. The flight was very comfortable. Sure the seat could have been roomier, but there was adequate leg room. The leg from Toronto to Vancouver was great, no one in the middle seat! And because I was continuing on to Sydney, I got free food (a choice of a meal item and a snack). The food on the long haul leg was okay, nothing special, but edible for myself. Free bar service is nice! Service was good and water was plentiful. I think Air Canada's seat back TV is best in class. Lots to choose from when you can't sleep! The only think I wish Air Canada did differently is get rid of 3x3x3 seating and make it 2x4x2. Yes, less seats overall, but it would make it a more pleasant flying experience for all!

Air Canada Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Abbey Klugerman   (Canada)

We flew from Ottawa to Hong Kong returned from Shanghai to Ottawa both via Vancouver. I paid extra for choice of preferred seats and while there was sufficient legroom the seats were so narrow as to make comfort and ultimately sleep impossible. The food was really nothing more than garbage, with a choice of "gruel" or a slice of some sort of egg for breakfast. For dinner I chose the beef which was a very poor quality meat, all fat and only 3 little pieces. I think next time I will pay more and try to fly with another carrier.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Michael Sackey   (USA)

We flew from Toronto to Hong Kong direct. The seats were fine and the flight attendants were friendly, but the food was really atrocious. The sum of the meals were carbohydrate heavy. For snacks, we were offered pretzels, and later some kind of shortbread-like cookie. The snack on the return trip included a roast beef sandwich which had nothing but white bread and roast beef (no lettuce, no dressing, nothing!). Oh yes, one of the other snacks was cup o'noodles. For main meal, one of the dishes was some kind of white pasta pellets with a little bit of chicken. Another main meal was white congee (i.e., white rice porridge) or egg. So again, carbs carbs carbs! I'm not anti- carb but the meals were all heavily laden with carbs with very little else to go with it. Not even vegetables!

Air Canada Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Thiessen Gerald   (Canada)

Winnipeg to Nashville via Toronto. Was scheduled to fly Sunday morning. Plane was delayed due to mechanical problems, things like this happen. The problem was we were not informed that our flight was delayed while standing in the line. The board showed our flight to be on time. Needless to say we stood for over 2 hours in line and were late to board our plane. Then told our plane was delayed. No help was offered while we were in the line, only told we would have to wait our turn. Ended up flying into Toronto later that day, but missed our connecting flight to Nashville. Thankfully Air Canada paid for our hotel and part of our supper in Toronto. On our return we were on schedule coming into Toronto according to our tickets. But when we had gone through customs and were ready recheck our bags to get the connecting flight to Winnipeg we were told we were too late as the baggage had to be checked in 1 hour in advance of the next flight. No effort to get us on the original flight. Thankfully I had enough time after landing in Winnipeg that I could still drive home. The service we got at the airports was just appalling. Flight attendants were okay. Luckily I was flying for holidays and not for work where time missed could be very costly.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 July 2014 by K Gelderen   (The Netherlands)

We flew from Frankfurt to Calgary and 3 weeks later again from Vancouver to London. Our first trip was a bit hectic because we had very little time to catch our connecting flight. We had to run to our gate and once arrived there was a big queue. We were assigned 2 seats apart from each other (15 rows in between) so despite the big queue we went to the Air Canada desk at the gate to ask if it was possible to change our seats. The lady was friendly and she did manage to change our seats on this very short notice, so that was positive. During the flight the food was good, you could choose from different soft drinks (cans, not just a glass) and the flight attendants came by with water quite often. The inflight entertainment was good as well (touchscreen). On the returning flight we had a newer airplane but the experience was not as good. The seat configuration was different as they added an extra row of seats which made 3-4-3. Because of this the seats were very small and less comfortable. Also the food was quite bad and the flight attendants were not as friendly and less skilled. The inflight entertainment system however was even better (latest version) so no complaints about that at all. Overall impression of flying with Air Canada was good. Would we choose for Air Canada again? Probably yes.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 July 2014 by Michelle St-Germain   (Canada)

I had booked a trip from Ottawa to San Diego with United Airlines. The flight I had to Chicago from Ottawa got cancelled due to weather conditions and I accepted an alternate route through Air Canada which I regret doing. The airplane sat on the YOW tarmac for over an hour and the flight attendants could only say that it was because there was lightening storms in Toronto. Only good thing I can say is that they turned off the engine and allowed us to get out of our seats while we waited. On my way off the plane in TOR, no one was able to provide assistance on how to ensure I could make my connecting flight to San Diego which was showing "on time" on the flight board. After passing customs, baggage check, etc. the flight was no longer showing on the flight board. The AC flight attendants I found roaming around had no clue where to direct me. I happen to find the service desk, and was told to get in line even though I said my flight was leaving in 10 minutes and I simply needed the gate number. As there were 4 people in line, my flight had left by the time I received "service". So booking another flight to get to San Diego, I opted for a layover in Los Angeles that night, instead of waiting another 24 hours in Toronto. I was not offered any compensation for either spending the night in Toronto nor Los Angeles even though Air Canada caused me to miss my flight. Staff member told me he could not give me the boarding pass for the next days flight, but omitted to say he did not complete the booking and that I was expected to go to the AC ticket counter at LAX to get one. I only got the customer service contact information when I returned to the desk to confirm my flight to San Diego was in fact the next morning at 9.55. After a short night in a close by hotel, I returned to the LAX airport the next morning. I went to US airlines who had no trace of my info who redirected me to American Airlines, I found out that there was no ticket for me as the booking the TO agent did not complete the booking. The agent in Toronto said he could do nothing for me because the notes on file said I had accepted LAX as my final destination. Told I needed to speak with a ticket agent at LAX to see what they could do for me. I walked from American Eagle terminal 4 to Air Canada terminal 2 and back. I barely made the 11.30 flight. I hate to think what would have happened to my baggage, had I any with me on this trip. I received no apologies from anyone at Air Canada throughout this whole ordeal.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 July 2014 by P Smith   (Canada)

YYZ-LHR-YYZ. Outbound flight on new 787. Return on 777-300. The new planes are a very welcome addition and a solid improvement over the dated 767. AC has reconfigured the business class pods for the 787 so they point towards the window instead of away. TV screens are much larger, table trays are better located and there are actually places to put your belongings (not so for the 777). Very tough to find any fault. They just need more of them sooner. Service was better than usual (AC can be very inconsistent). Food quality was poor for business class. IFE is getting better but still needs investment. AC's switch from T3 to T2 is a good move as the terminal is much nicer and easier to get through security, although the walk to the Heathrow Express is a long one.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 July 2014 by T Eldem   (Canada)

LHR to YUL on Boeing 777. Following a somewhat chaotic boarding process driven by the awkward queuing arrangement at the new Terminal #2, boarded the plane only to sit on board for nearly 50 minutes awaiting ATC clearance for takeoff. Once in the air, the service was prompt with very attentive FA's. Meal and drink selections were good but the main course I chose lacked flavour. Good inflight AVOD with decent selection of movies and entertainment. Pre-arrival snack was mediocre at best. Despite a late departure, the crew was able to make up most of the lost time achieving an almost on schedule arrival. Overall it was a pleasant experience but I must say the new staggered seat configuration in business class is a significant downgrade from the pods. Seat controls are in the arm rest resulting in frequent accidental activation. In lie-flat position one's feet have to fit into a very small space which is very uncomfortable. Swiss utilizes the same seats but provides more leg/foot room. The table is difficult to operate and even the FA's struggle with it. I have been a top-tier loyal customer of AC but if they choose to convert all of their long-haul business class to this seating configuration, I will look for alternatives in a hurry.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Collard   (Canada)

Vancouver to Victoria on 16 June 2014, a 20-minute flight aboard a Dash8-300 connecting from Lufthansa. As I was leaving the Vancouver immigration and customs hall, personnel of the Canadian Border Services Agency directed me to the wrong exit. Hence, instead of going through a dedicated security line for passengers connecting to domestic flights, I found myself in the main airport arrivals area, bringing all my checked baggage with me even though it was tagged to Victoria, my final destination. I asked an AC staff member driving an electric cart whether there was somewhere to drop my checked baggage or whether I should head for the domestic check-in queues. The airport wasn't busy, she confirmed that my baggage was already tagged to my final destination, and she had no passengers in her cart; so she took me directly to a separate counter (with its own conveyor belt) used for wheelchair passengers, accepted my already-checked bag, and issued my boarding card. Excellent treatment by Air Canada staff. (As it was a 20-minute flight, it had no food or entertainment.)

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Joseph   (Canada)

I've been a status flyer with AC for decades and look forward to the day when other airlines are allowed to compete in Canada for AC routes. Recent changes to Air Canada's 'reward' system mean it is much more difficult and expensive to achieve and retain status. I often fly YYC-NRT on AC010. Formerly, Tango Plus fares were full status points at a reasonable price, and upgradable. This has now changed, the 'low cost' Tango fare usually gives you a ticket at a higher price, with only 25% of the status points of the former fare, and is not upgradable. Customers seeking an upgradable fare must instead book Flex, which is a substantially higher price (35-45% higher). Additionally, Air Canada will now bill you an extra $750 per leg to book the upgrade. My experience on June 8th was this. Pay extra for a Flex fare in order to upgrade. Upgrade not available, so I've paid extra $350 for the Flex fare to sit in a lower priced economy seat available at a cheaper price. An out and out rip-off. If I had received the upgrade, the extra costs for this leg would be $350 for the Flex fare class, plus $750 for the upgrade itself = $1100. Add to this a flight crew that were disengaged and robotic.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by John Frewen-Lord   (UK)

Flew a short flight YYZ to YOW on 29 June, in ERJ190. More room both width and legroom than on the BA 787 that I flew on from LHR. Attentive crew. Minimal snacks, but then it was less than an hour. Would fly again on the 190.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by David Tebbutt   (UK)

Very poor quality service for Canada's "National" carrier. My wife and I travelled economy class Heathrow-Toronto on 9/6/2014, Vancouver-Anchorage on 16/6/2014 (admittedly this route is now down-graded to their low-cistern carrier, Air Canada Rouge), and finally Vancouver-Heathrow on 25/6/2014. No problem with aircraft, but cabin crew appeared insufficiently trained in a number of aspects, incl. seat and window-blind positions for landing. Quality of food was appalling, especially the vegetarian option my wife had pre booked and which was served 20-30 minutes before main service -she had finished what little she could eat before mine had arrived! The crowning glory was the offer called "breakfast", served after 8 hours a 9-hour flight and consisted of a small rectangle of dry cake with tea or coffee. How have Candians allowed their nation carrier to drop standards to this degree?

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by K Lockie   (USA)

Cabin crew were ok. Ground crew were overwhelmed and just didn't care what happened. Connections agent did not use any information system to inform us that our flight in 20 minutes had already departed. In fact, our connection had been delayed 45 mins giving us adequate time to get to the gate. The connections agent directed us to stand on line for flight rebooking and for hotel accommodation. After 1 hour of waiting, all the Air Canada agents went home and told us to rebook ourselves. Its a long story, but almost every interaction with an Air Canada representative was poor.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Collard   (Canada)

Victoria to Vancouver, 4 June 2014, a 20-minute flight aboard a new Dash8-Q400 connecting to Lufthansa. The Dash8 series has never been able to accommodate a full-sized carry-on bag in the passenger cabin, either in the overhead bin or under the seat in front. As a solution, AC has accepted full-sized carry-on bags aboard the Dash8-100, - 200, and -300 models by having passengers place their bags on a cart beside the airstairs when boarding, placed them in the baggage compartment as the last bags by the compartment door, and then put those bags on another cart at the foot of the airstairs for passengers to collect upon arrival. With its new Dash8-Q400s, Air Canada cannot do this, but it only announced that fact at the gate at Victoria, telling passengers that their full-sized carry- ons would be taken only as checked baggage to their final destination. Passengers were forced to take out from their carry-ons all the items essential to keep with them during their entire trip (laptops, prescription medications, anything breakable or valuable). My own carry-on is only two-thirds the standard full size and (just barely) fits under the seat in front, so I was able to keep it in my possession for my entire 16-hour journey. Travellers should avoid AC flights served by Dash8-Q400 aircraft unless they use smaller carry-on bags, not the standard full-sized ones. (As it was a 20-minute flight, it offered no food or entertainment.)

Air Canada Customer review :  2 July 2014 by J Edward   (Australia)

LHR to Toronto. Although I had originally seen a suitable flight schedule with Air Canada my travel agent organised for me to fly with Lufthansa as she said they were a more reputable airline. Turned out it was code share with Air Canada meaning no access to meal choice, no seat selection, and subsequently general anxiety about the booking. I got to the airport 3 hours before each time. At Heathrow I was patronised at the counter with 'everyone knows that showing up early does nothing anymore'. I was given a seat in the last row of the plane that only reclined slightly. No problem, I am an experienced traveller and although I was on the way to give one of the most important presentations of my life, I was able to relax and keep calm. At Toronto airport checking in for the Heathrow flight I had to queue a very long time and then was told there was no assigned seat for me. I went to Lufthansa to see if there was anything they could do for me. I asked why I could not check in online. They told me because the code was a Lufthansa code not recognised by Air Canada. They then told me that because I had bought a significantly cheaper fare (I hadn't) that I should expect to be treated like this. I did however notice that my class was Y which is usually on my boarding pass when I travel economy. Finally 30 minutes before the flight they called my name and had assigned my seat in the last row of the aircraft where I could not recline. This was the overnight flight from Toronto to Heathrow and I had to go back to work the next day. I was offered a choice of two meat based meals and had to refuse them as I am vegetarian. No seat choice, no meal choice. My advice is to give code share a miss. Lufthansa and Air Canada may well be partners but when you travel Air Canada as a Lufthansa customer you are bottom rung nobody who somehow deserves to be patronised by all.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Stuart Reay   (Australia)

Flew from Vancouver to Toronto in business class on a brand new 777-300. It had the brand new business class and it was excellent. Great staggered layout and single seats are amazing for sole travellers. Very comfortable in lie flat position and new duvet and pillows great quality. Excellent meal service and lovely staff. Would love to fly on this again.