Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  24 February 2015 by A Barnes    (USA)

Traveling Air Canada was the worst experience I have had. The agents were extremely rude and unhelpful in Toronto Pearson airport. Common courtesy seemed to have been an understatement. Flights were cancelled without proper notification, leaving passengers stranded in the airport with no where to comfortably stay. Not sure if this is policy, but agents were not required to assist with bag tagging, leaving first time fliers lost and confused.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 February 2015 by D Zeleny    (USA)

Booked to fly DCA to Quebec City via Ottawa Feb 13, leaving 7 am arriving 10.30 am. Instead after "crew rest" issues delayed the first flight, ended up doing: DCA to Toronto where we missed our next connection due to delayed flight; and then the next flight was cancelled (no snow that day) and after much negotiation with bored reps (and a 1 hour hold with customer service) we ended up Toronto to Montreal where we were promised we could get to Quebec City, but when we arrived they couldn't book us for 48 more hours to Quebec. Ended up renting a car in Montreal and driving to Quebec City, where our bags were lost for another day. 3 hour process turned into 24 hours and we never arrived at our destination via Air Canada. Were promised flights that didn't exist, no apologies. Never again.

Air Canada Customer review :  24 February 2015 by D Epstein    (France)

ORD-YUL-CDG in economy on 25/26th Jan 15. Our first flight with Air Canada was a shuttle from Chicago to Montreal where our flight to Paris CDG was our next leg. In fact, due to late arrival, we missed our connection and had to stay 24 hours in Montreal. Everything was handled perfectly by AC staff who gave us vouchers for a 4* hotel nearby, and for meals. We could get our checked luggage back and were immediately handed our boarding pass for the following day. All being very smooth in a quiet airport. The following day, our 6 hours flight to Paris by itself was OK, with various standards. Aircraft (777-300) with a clean cabin, without decoration, the blue colour of seats being the only colour. The seats were standard, without footrests. A good VOD system, with recent movies, especially for French speaking passengers. This is for the good side, but when you see the fancy earphones handed over, you will regret not to have yours with you. The weak side starts with no newspapers or magazines available. Cabin crew obviously well trained, and working efficiently. I am sorry that uniforms are so plain. No efforts from attendants to look like attendants, and participate to the dream of flying, like many other airlines. Meals were frankly just edible. A small salad where I am still looking for dressing, chicken with bulgur (totally bland), and a so-called chocolate cake, retaining from chocolate only the colour! A standard rate for the table wine, offered graciously, and for the rolls, quite correct for an airline. A bad rate for the low quality plastic cutlery. It seems North American carriers do like plastic very much. Before landing, we had a slice of cake (good), with hot drinks served in a tumbler. All in all, we were expecting more from an Airline claiming to be for the 5th time the best airline in North America. It is true that US competitors are so bad but European airlines are much better, and Emirates/Asian carriers are on another planet where passengers are taken care of.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 February 2015 by C Meunier    (Canada)

YVR-YUL-YVR, Flights on time, FA's were all very nice and friendly. They offered us water maybe 4-5 times during the flight. Nothing bad to say about them.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Williams Temidayo    (UK)

Air Canada is by far the worst airline I have ever had the misfortune to fly with. I was forced to sit through a 8 hour flight from London to Toronto with no TV entertainment because their screen was faulty while other passengers around me had their TVs working. The staff on board thought offering me newspapers was a good alternative to not having TV entertainment which we all pay for as part of ticket costs! Its like asking me to eat carrots for 8 hours rather than giving me the solid meal I was told I would receive as part of the service. Unbelievable.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Ian M Fraser    (Canada)

Planned to travel with Air Canada (Toronto to Ixtapa) on January 31st for a one week vacation in Mexico (given the short duration, time was of the essence). Arrived at Pearson in good time, and was advised the flight would be delayed 15 minutes (acceptable, but just!). On arrival at departure gate, loading of plane was initiated, then minutes later, an announcement that the loaded passengers would have to be deplaned, as there as a maintenance issue (not a weather or staffing concern!). First observation: why does Air Canada insist on placing faulty equipment in the loading gate? Don't think it is too much to ask to have a functional plane ready and available to load at prescribed time! Worse, the 'delay' (over the next six hours) lead to a flight cancellation at about 7pm. Many families with small children are then expected to deal with the development, one that was obviously known hours earlier but not shared. Air Canada's behaviour in this regard is consistent - it would be only a common courtesy to advise on such matters - honestly and in a timely fashion - so passengers can make other arrangements. But no, the airline drags the waiting times out until no other options are available. As a result, a plane-load of angry passengers are at the 'customer service' desk to make alternate (hotel and air travel) arrangements, only to learn that the staff there have not been advised of the situation. As a result, more time is lost (almost an hour) as harried staff scramble to address the issue, making other arrangements etc., without being prepared in advance for the onslaught, with answers ready and alternate course of action determined! Again, incredibly poor planning from this passengers perspective. Finally, we were advised that we were scheduled on a flight the next morning and this one actually took off, as scheduled and on time. Remarkably as for this passenger, it was the first Air Canada flight (out of the most recent five flights flown with the airline) that was neither 'cancelled' or 'delayed' on departure (I reference flights between March 2014 and January 2015 in this regard: Denver, SFO, Nashville, Miami and Ixtapa (1)). As a result, my 'trust' in Air Canada is at an all-time low, as they simply cannot be relied upon to reliably meet their contractual obligations. Worse, no one seems to care about the stress and inconvenience caused by their unreliability. Wherever possible, I would strongly suggest finding other airlines to utilize, if and when possible.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Mo Adama    (Canada)

Flew YYZ-YVR-NRT return. Very disappointing business class service, really third rate compared to other international airlines such as Cathay Pacific or Singapore. Boarding the flight from Vancouver to Toronto was disorganized and there was no clear line for business class passengers, had to speak up to get on the plane. Deboarding was just as bad and no priority deboarding for the business class passengers. The only reason I'd fly with Air Canada is my belief that they have well-trained pilots and well-maintained fleet. Again, that could just be a perception and other Canadian carriers may have the same standards.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Peters John    (Canada)

Business class from Vancouver to Seoul. Food quality was very good and flight attendants provided excellent service. Air Canada is obviously in tough competition on the Pacific routes from Asian airline competition and has improved the quality of its offering. Selection of movies could be improved though.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Raycraft Christopher    (Canada)

Flew on AC33 and AC34, both flights were fantastic. Sat in seat 19c on both legs of the trip and the extra legroom was worth the money, Got to Sydney and back home safely and customer service was excellent. Will definitely fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 February 2015 by J Pritchat    (Canada)

I fly Air Canada quite frequently for work between YVR (Vancouver) and YYC (Calgary). I switched over from WestJet after I had a bad experience of multiple late and delayed flights, and I could not be happier! Flying with Air Canada, in Canada, is much better then flying with WestJet (from my own personal experience). I enjoy flying on the smaller ERJ 190s compared to a 737 on this route; less cramped and not as many people on board. I find that domestic check in with Air Canada moves quite smoothly with no real issues or problems. I have also noticed that Air Canada's prices are sometimes cheaper then WestJet (surprising, I know). From my own personal experience, I have to say the overall customer experience with Air Canada has improved quite a lot in the last number of years. Definitely recommend Air Canada on this route!

Air Canada Customer review :  28 January 2015 by A Leger    (Switzerland)

AC835, YUL to GVA, January 21st 2015, Airbus A330, seat 38D. Not a very full flight, so I was able to sleep on four empty seats. I skipped dinner but had breakfast (coffee, orange juice, slice of banana bread). Arrived in Geneva ahead of schedule. Cleared customs and collected my checked bags in record time.

Air Canada Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Pamela Rodgers    (Canada)

Recently I booked a flight through Airmiles from Phoenix to Vancouver, BC and are supposed to return on Tuesday January 27th. My husband who flies hardly at all, was appalled at the way everyone was crammed into the plane and he has refused to take the return flight back to Phoenix. We have booked another flight on WestJet at a cost of $740. I doubt if my husband will ever fly Air Canada again. We were not the only people complaining about the lack of leg room. I am sure if it weren't for AirMiles there wouldn't be anyone on these planes.

Air Canada Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Mehdi Tahuri    (Canada)

Flew AC015 from Toronto to Hong Kong. Prior to travel had to wait 25-35 minutes on long distance call to add special request. On board: They failed to provide the special meal. They were trying to blame it on me since I paid $120 for preferred seat. The flight attendant said she'll see what can be brought from Business class leftovers. They even failed at that so they brought me the side items of the meal (without the entree) which was awful. This was way too inferior to another European airline which I flew with last month. If that wasn't enough they ran out of water half way and at least one toilet got clogged. You couldn't wash your hands in the other ones! The Captain came on the speakers apologizing and explaining that the alternative would have been to land in USSR six hours ago but that they decided to carry on for many reasons. None was mentioned. Horrible experience overall. I'd avoid Air Canada on my future travels whenever I can.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 January 2015 by D Mauer    (USA)

Weather delayed Montreal to Toronto flight on 01/04/15. Air Canada did nothing to rebook missed connections for people. My husband spent 2 hours on hold finally got to speak with an agent and walked her through the booking process because he had already found a flight with an open seat, she was amazed there was even a seat on the plane. He started the 3 hour drive to Minneapolis where the Toronto connection was bound. 2 hours later Air Canada cancelled the flight from Toronto to Minneapolis with no explanation - and it wasn't weather. Worse yet they made one or two garbled announcements and that was it. My wife and the elderly lady she tried to assist were finally told they could only leave the secured gate area with an escort through locked doors, gee guess Air Canada gate agents should have mentioned this when they cancelled the flight and told everyone waiting they would have to leave the gate area. Rude gate agents, no directions on what to do to rebook, just left their stranded passengers to figure it out for themselves.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Ahmad Nadim    (UK)

In July last year my wife and I travelled from Manchester, UK to Toronto. Queuing for check in: I am a wheelchair user. I don't demand it but most airlines let wheelchair users join a fast queue for Check in. I don't demand it but have to say that it is a polite gesture, this polite gesture was missing with Air Canada. Check in: was chaotic with long queues and check in staff seemed all over the place. It took us almost 1.5 hrs to reach the check in counter only to see that half the check in counters were not even open. Boarding: As we arrived at the boarding gate and were showed boarding passes we realised that me and my wife had been allocated seats a few rows apart. To the credit of airline staff they quickly sorted this out and put us in premium economy. Although they told us that we will have to pay for the entertainment and food but once we were on board they did not charge us. Arrival in Toronto: Because I need assistance to get on and off the plane I have to wait until everyone has gone. Usually it takes 5 to 10 minutes but this time it took over 45 minutes for assistance to arrive because no one knew that a passenger needed assistance to disembark the plane. Please note that I had requested the check in staff in Manchester twice to make sure that people know in Toronto that I will need assistance. Luggage collection: Upset and frustrated we arrived in the lounge to collect our suitcase. Everyone from our flight had collected luggage and gone. No carousel information was available. First we tried to look for our suitcase and then I found Air Canada customer service counter and queued to ask which carousel our suitcase would have arrived at. All of this took another hour and half almost but still no staff was available to help. Eventually we found our suitcase near one carousel. This was the first time we travelled with Air Canada and will be the last.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 January 2015 by T Sharp    (UK)

Flight 7th Jan 2015, Heathrow to Vancouver, 14.25. Terrible service, waited over 2.5 hours before being offered a drink, only offered two drinks in total for 9 hour flight staff were unfriendly. Food very average, in flight entertainment poor. Terrible. Would not recommend to anyone.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Ivan Dzhur    (USA)

I flew from New York LaGuardia to Winnipeg via Toronto on December 22nd, and return leg from Winnipeg to New York LaGuardia via Toronto was on January 9th. First check-in at LaGuardia was a nightmare, long queues and no staff. Some of the customers complained to Air Canada agent and her reply was "you should be happy for what you have". Boarding was chaotic and plane departed 50 min late. On the way back, boarding in Winnipeg took about 45 min, because flight was full AC staff had to check in many bags into the hold of the aircraft. We departed 25 min late and arrived into Toronto 15 min behind the schedule. On the better note, clean planes, good legroom and awesome cabin crew, who were attentive and kind to passengers. Checked in luggage arrived on the baggage belt within 15 min of our arrival.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 January 2015 by W Jacob    (UK)

Living in Canada one must either fly with Air Canada or West Jet domestically, and have to use one of them for the first part of any international flight. Air Canada never fails to disappoint with their service, it is dismal to say the least. They charge for everything from earphones to food on domestic flights. Food on international flights is also poor. I recently had breakfast on Thai Airways, Singapore Airways and Air Canada. The meal was almost identical in all three instances, but the portion size and taste was significantly better on Thai and Singapore. The dinner meals on Air Canada were also less than impressive compared to the Thai and Singapore. On more than 1 occasion my personal TV didn't work properly and flights nearly always depart late. I have flown nearly all types of Air Canada aircraft (787, 777, 767, A321 (A320), A330), and while their larger aircraft are comfortable, their older smaller aircraft are uncomfortable. In the event there is a problem and you need to contact someone, be prepared to be put on hold for at least 1 hour. The last few times I have called, 60 minutes was the quickest I was able speak to a human.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Bryndon Davies    (Canada)

I booked 3 full fare flights to Cabo San Lucas on line at aircanada.com. Air Canada changed my direct flight from Cabo to Toronto twice prior to my departure. The first change had me stopping in Houston for a layover and then on to Toronto. Clearly not what I paid for. Shortly after that flight was changed routing me through San Francisco on a 'red eye' that had me arriving home Monday morning at 5.55am. I was to arrive home on Sunday evening but finally arrived home on Tuesday morning at 10am after they had handed me off to United who simply overbooked my flight. I contacted Air Canada for assistance from Mexico three times but they simply weren't interested. I truly wish there was real competition in the Canadian Airline industry so that I could avoid Air Canada in the future.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Melva Isherwood    (Canada)

YYZ to BGI return were both excellent flights. Attentive service, great food, snacks, and lots to drink. The flight attendants were constantly replenishing whatever we were drinking. Flight to BGI was delayed two hours for de-icing, but I just lay back on my fully flat bed. Coming home, the weather was better so there were no delays. The lounges were good too, as we enjoy the lattes at the Toronto lounge. The Barbados lounge is a bit more sparse, but thankfully the air conditioning was not cranked up this time.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Tigg    (Canada)

YYZ-FRA-YYZ, Business Class outbound on Lufthansa 747 code share which was a joy of comfort, pleasant personable and attentive crew and with excellent catering and wines and return on Air Canada 777-200 with a sullen senior crew who greeted any request as a seemingly huge imposition and who disappeared at every opportunity when not dishing out the insipid catering. How this airline gets four stars and boasts about it is beyond me.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by P Yu    (Canada)

Flew from Calgary to Narita before Christmas 2014 on a 767 economy. Food was horrible! Came back on a 787 to Vancouver. After 10 days in Japan, I actually found the food on 787 to be good. Controls on the armrest are sensitive to the point of annoying. Slight elbow movement may trigger the entertainment screen to shut off or the overhead light to turn on or off. I usually put my carry-on with fragile stuff in front of me after seeing how they shove in the huge carry-ons with force. Should consider restricting the seat incline to a smaller angle. It's not fun have a seat in front of your face during a 10-hour flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M LaPrairie    (USA)

YOW-DCA on an RJ. Seat 1A (single cabin). No lounge access in YOW for US-bound passengers, but was allowed to go through security to the AC domestic lounge. Very nice lounge with great view of the airfield, good drinks and food (salads, soups, rolls, snacks). Check-in agent for US departures for Star Alliance gold could not have been nicer or more obliging, phoning around to see if I could use the domestic lounge. Flight delayed about 50 mins due to late arrival of the aircraft. On board the one FA was very nice and efficient. Captain kept everyone updated.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by G Patton    (Canada)

Yesterday I flew from London to Toronto on a Boeing 767, which is basically a lovely plane. My complaints about this flight, which apply to every Air Canada flight I've taken in the past few years, are principally about: a) terribly uncomfortable seats and b) the lousiest food anywhere in the air. a) Seat comfort. Who on earth designs a seat that is so short that it puts unbearable pressure on the middle of the back of one's thighs? And this wasn't a Rouge flight either, but a mainline experience. Why do they torture us with seats that are so close together that our knees are grinding against the seat in front? I'm a very average sized person - 5'10 and 170 pounds - so there is no excuse why the seat should not be comfortable. And let's not even mention the fact that the available tilt is about 4 inches from front to back with zero lumbar support. b) Long ago, back in the 70's, when I was a university student I used to wonder why the cafeteria food was so terrible when Air Canada could server a very decent meal at 35,000 feet in a pressurized aluminium tube. In those days I routinely asked if they had any leftover meals on transatlantic flights because the food was actually quite enjoyable. Not any more. It's just awful. Virtually inedible except when one is starving. And yesterday's flight was the very worst. Recently I had the opportunity to fly to, from and around Central America on the Colombian airline, Avianca. Although the aircraft themselves weren't new, the in-flight experience and especially the food, was exceptional. The difference between the food service on Air Canada and Avianca is night and day. Avianca has delicious food and interesting menus, served with a smile. Air Canada has heated cardboard, served reasonably efficiently, but without any enthusiasm by flight attendants in dowdy uniforms. I'll be looking for alternative carriers to Air Canada from now on. Among North American airlines, Delta gets my vote at the moment.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Hoare    (Canada)

Flew to the UK on a new "Dreamliner". Should be renamed a Squashliner. Air Canada has to be congratulated for cramming more seats into this aircraft than ever before. I paid a premium for the extra legroom seats behind business class. The aisle seat is placed right in the centre of the entry to the aisle of business class. This results in constant crashing of the food and beverage carts into the seat even though the new carts are narrower than those used on other aircraft. If the video screen, which is in the armrest is used the situation is even worse. everybody trying to negotiate their way through the aircraft hits the screen. The crew were excellent and very aware of the problem of overcrowding on this aircraft. The 787 is a nice aircraft, quiet, but not comfortable in the Air Canada layout.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Tim Piper    (USA)

My wife was scheduled to fly from Montreal (YUL) to Toronto (YZZ) and then connecting to Minneapolis (MSP) on 01/04/15. Weather and de-icing delays kept passengers in the plane for over 3 hours waiting to depart from Montreal. She missed her connection in Toronto. Air Canada took no action during the 4 hour delay to rebook anyone who was going to miss their connecting flights. In the meantime AC's "customer service" number was continually busy. Stayed on hold for another 2 hours and finally got through to a booking agent. Got my wife rebooked for a later flight out of Toronto to MSP, and wondered why this wasn't being handled internally by Air Canada. I notified my wife and she was able to check in and get to the gate in plenty of time for the later flight. I had a 3 hour drive to Minneapolis to pick her up. Just as I was getting on the interstate she text me saying that AC said there would be a slight delay, but that it would be short. Halfway to Minneapolis I got another text saying that AC had cancelled the flight without explanation and were providing no assistance to stranded passengers. The gate agents were rude and simply told people they couldn't help them and that they would have to leave the gate area. What they failed to tell the stranded passengers was that they couldn't leave the secured area without assistance from AC or security. It was just by pure luck that my wife stopped an agent from another airline who explained that the passengers would need to be "let out" through a locked door so they could return to the ticketing area and start the entire process of booking a flight over again. Flights get delayed and cancelled, that's just the way air travel has become. However Air Canada's total lack of regard for their passengers well being after a flight is cancelled was echoed by everyone flying Air Canada. The rudeness of the gate agents after the flight was cancelled and the empty promises of booking agents to assist stranded passengers was unparalleled. When the passengers were finally able to get to the ticketing area for Air Canada there were five queues with five functional computer terminals, there were hundreds of people waiting in the five lines - but not a single Air Canada employee to be seen despite Air Canada's promises of assistance.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 January 2015 by K Kumar    (UK)

LHR to YYZ on 12 Dec. The flight was 4.5 hours late, food was awful and then to top it off my luggage was left behind at LHR. Return trip was just as awful with the standard cramped seats and to top it off they messed up my meal (dietary requirements) not once but twice. The meal was given to the wrong passenger and when I spoke to the flight attendant all I got was an apology that they did not have anything else to offer. Then they repeat the mistake again during snack time. If it weren't for the virtual monopoly on the LHR-YYZ, I would not be travelling with AC ever again.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 January 2015 by S Constance    (Canada)

Air Canada continually disappoints. Their loyalty program is worthless unless you want to cash in your points for a flight with 3 connections and even then you still have to pay $500 in taxes and fees along with your points. Flew to Jamaica on AC Rouge as part of a vacation package. Worst plane ever, nice flight attendants that had to deal with the airlines inability to properly stock food and beverage (they ran out of everything about a half way through the service, so half the plane had nothing to eat). Both outgoing and return flights were an hour late in arriving. Other than some of their non Rouge planes being nice, and the entertainment in those planes being pretty solid, there is not much good to say about this overpriced airline and their ability to deliver flights on time and in a satisfactory manner.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 January 2015 by C Napier    (UK)

Belfast - Montreal return. A rather unpleasant experience from start to finish. Best part of the trip was the flight to London only because that was on a codeshare flight with another airline. Air Canada flight from London to Halifax was on an old and dirty 767. Crew were rude and didn't have time for customers. Entertainment system dated and food was well below par of other airlines. Halifax to Montreal on a E175 and crew did bare minimum to pass their time onboard and again were just as unpleasant as the previous lot. My luggage got left in Halifax even though I had a 3 hour layover, was reunited with my bags 2 days later with no apology offered when I returned to the airport to pick up lost luggage. Return flights were no better. Customer service and even customer interaction at the airport and on the aircraft isn't their strong point. I am heading back to Montreal in a few weeks time, Air Canada are the cheapest, but I have booked more expensive tickets via another airline so I can avoid flying Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 January 2015 by M Lawrence    (USA)

Our fight at YYZ was originally delayed 35 minutes. However, when the plane never arrived it was bumped to a 1:25 minute delay. After everyone boarded the plane, there was an additional 25 minute delay to upgrade the computer system with landing information about our destination. We were offered free $3 earphones for the inconvenience. I normally wouldn't write such a negative review based on one experience, but this is after being silent for several similar past experiences.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Christopher Walden    (Canada)

Flew YVR - LHR - YVR in Executive first. The so called new suite on Air Canada's Boeing 777 on select routes only, must be one of the worst business class seats ever designed. I was seated in 2D. When you first arrive at your seat you think that you have plenty of space. However, once seated you soon feel very claustrophobic. The large arm rest on the left is made up by the very small armrest on the right, which puts you very close to your neighbour. Just sitting normally, ones left arm/hand naturally rests on the seat controls, so without warning your seat starts moving. The tray table has a 3 phase deployment which could only be done by cabin crew. All passengers battled. Your seat can only be upright or flat, with no in between settings. When flat the massage function on my seat would not turn off. It would only turn off when upright. When flat, your feet go under the seat in front leaving no room to move your legs around. It's like laying in a coffin. There is no ground area for any luggage and no space for your duvet or pillow (which you are not allowed at your feet for take off / landing). All in all, a very badly designed seat. I wasn't a great fan of the previous pod system, but it is far better than this current design. I would rather have flown BA, even with the backward facing seats. Service was good and the staff cannot be blamed for the tools they have been given to work with. I have had better comfort and sleep traveling in Economy.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 January 2015 by V Pinones    (Canada)

This is the worst experience I've had, I understand it's New Years and its busy which is why I think they should be a little more organized. I will never fly Air Canada and would never recommend it. We came at 3 am to check in for our 6am flight yes we don't get served. Still waiting while they take the Toronto flight. We have been standing and still standing here to check in our luggage. They have no customer services. We have a big group with boxes and carts. We have been told to go in 3 different lines since 2 hrs ago, yet still waiting. I would never fly this airline ever again.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Lien John    (Canada)

B787, AC004, NRT to YVR, Dec 22nd 2014, seat 3G. Offered menu choices soon after take off, by meal time, we were informed that they had run out of the beef option. In Business class no less! My wife didn't want the alternatives and therefore declined to eat. I told the attendant to give the beef to her and I'll have the salmon. The service director explained that even though we were full paying passengers, there is a priority system there in terms of menu items. They had to take care of their Elite, Super Elite and Million Milers before the others. We found this unbelievable in terms of a company policy. How much can it cost Air Canada to provide sufficient meal choices in J class? As it turned out, the beef tenderloin was anything but tender or tasty. The rest of the flight was uneventful, the seat was fairly comfortable and converted to flat bed easily. Turbulence prevented hot drinks service but that wasn't anyone's fault. The movie and TV choices were pretty pathetic compared to having just come off a Singapore Airlines business class segment from SIN to NRT. There was no comparison in the level of service, the comfort and width of the seat, and the meals. In fact, when I mentioned this to the AC service director, she candidly admitted that she was aware that they did not match up to SQ or Emirates in J class. I felt sorry for her as she was attentive, a hard worker and did her best but had to comply with a restrictive mandate working for an airline that has a lot of room to improve.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Christopher Neep    (Canada)

Flew on AC 855 from LHR to YVR on December. 22 in economy. Crew attentive throughout flight. Lots of water, juice and ice cream between meals. Lunch better than many offerings in other airlines' economy cabins. Wine quality well above average. Air Canada seem to have finally fixed their often faulty IFE system. Plenty of music and film choices though latest film selections could have been better. The downside? Like other airlines, Air Canada has reconfigured economy seating with four seats now in the centre section. As a results, seats and aisles are very narrow. Not too uncomfortable for a daytime flight but I'd find it impossible to sleep on an overnight flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Markoff    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to San Jose CR via Houston. Trying to leave YYZ Air Canada could not provide more than one person at the gate and then did not have a flight crew available. The delays were not notified in advance and we could not cancel hotel reservations. We missed connecting flight in Houston but were informed that United was holding flight for us. When we arrived at United counter they informed us that they told AC that flight was not held so we returned to AC counter only to find it closed. We then went looking for baggage and were told that the baggage was never included on flight out and then hung up on us. We have now spent five days waiting for baggage with no information provided to us or partner carriers, very unusual. Typical response is apology with no further information or update nor return call of any sort. Complete incompetence exhibited by AC throughout this process and direct and outright lies in regards to continued correspondence with the firm. I will never fly with this airline again.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Janet Johnson    (Canada)

Service has deteriorated every year in the last 5 years. The staff at the airport representing Air Canada treat customers with disdain and do nothing to communicate delays etc. We are always left to guess about delays since no announcements are made. There is absolutely no courtesy shown towards regular customers. We are treated in a way that shows that our business is not valued at all. I only fly Air Canada because I have no choice where I live. I am happy WestJet will finally be providing service out of my local airport. At least then I will be able to experience some courtesy and satisfaction when I have to fly anywhere.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Zach Zmuda    (Canada)

Decided a few years ago to commit to flying with Air Canada (live in Toronto) as I knew I would be traveling quite a bit to London for work, and for consistency of booking and to take advantage of the loyalty program, I wanted to stick with one airline. As a disclaimer, for these flights I was not "overly" concerned about pricing, but rather timing and comfort. That said, I definitely wasn't willing to pay insane prices. In my opinion and for how I was traveling, Air Canada has been by far the best airline I have traveled with (I have not flown airlines such as Emirates as they don't offer the routes I need, but of course I have heard good things). There is no question that a direct AC flight to your destination might be more expensive than flying with another airline, with one or 2 connections. If you are not too worried about spending more time traveling and, in result, save a few bucks - then go for it. That said, where AC really shines is comfort and from my experiences, service. The no. 1 reason I fly AC is comfort. In economy, there is a good amount of leg room. If you disagree, try flying United in row 30 and then report back. Secondly, there is free in-flight entertainment in every seat. The flight from Heathrow to Toronto will fly by with a movie and some TV shows. Thirdly, the first class cabin on the YYZ-LHR route was incredible. I am a light sleeper and also 6'2", and even with the decent economy seats in AC economy, I still have trouble sleeping. As most of the YYZ to LHR flights are red-eyes, and I need to be rested for meetings when I arrive - I often spent the extra money (or later on, upgrade credits) to fly in business. I don't care if Emirates gives you a hot towel to exfoliate your face halfway through the flight, what AC provided was a great lay-flat bed in a semi-private pod, and I got a good 6 hours of sleep. It was invaluable. Where the true service came through was on the return. When getting a ride back to LHR, there was crazy traffic on the M1. Airlines recommend arriving to LHR three hours before your flight. I arrived 45 mins before the flight. The AC staff were so helpful in getting me checked in, and somehow got me on a golf cart and I was driven through the bowels of the airport, escorted through security, back on another golf cart that drove through random hallways, passed luggage belts, arriving right at the gate just before they closed the doors. Sure, maybe some of that treatment was because I was booked in the first class cabin, but I have had equally great experiences when booked in economy.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Jan Cafferty    (UK)

From start to finish my experience of Air Canada, was one I don't want to repeat unfortunately. From them changing planes and not notifying me so the exit row seat I'd paid for to accommodate my 6ft 5 son was no longer available to the poor quality food on the plane (the vegetarian tea time snack consisted of a banana plum and Satsuma), and the functional but not welcoming staff and the very narrow seat on the 787 all in all a very disappointing experience. The only plus points I could find were the online check in and bag drop and the entertainment system on the 787.I would best describe Air Canada, as a transatlantic budget airline but maybe I've been spoilt by travelling with far superior airlines in economy class in the past.

Air Canada Customer review :  22 December 2014 by V Gligorov    (France)

Just flew Paris-Montreal round trip for work, in economy, on 777-300ERs (both ways). Really excellent entertainment system, had a plug for my laptop in the seat, and very friendly and helpful cabin crew. Not much they could do about the continuous turbulence on the way back which forced us to stay buckled up all the way, but handled it with good humour. Two thumbs up!

Air Canada Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Cheryl Buchiw    (Australia)

Travelled on flight AC034 Sydney to Vancouver on October 14, the staff were not very friendly or happy. Moving around or using the bathroom was very difficult as the seat belt signs were kept on for most of the flight even when the conditions weren't turbulent. Some of the staff were rude and unhelpful.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Cheryl Buchiw    (Australia)

Travelled on flight AC033 Vancouver to Sydney on October 31. Again staff were rude and unhelpful. Inflight entertainment did not work in our row of seats for entire flight - 16 hours is a long time to listen to aircraft noise and read a book. Seat belt sign again used to excess, and it did mean that tea and coffee were never served as no hot beverages when seat belt sign is on. Staff kept one toilet for their own use by claiming it was 'out of order'. One member of staff was extremely rude and loud, actually shouting instructions at passengers. Would not fly internationally with Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 December 2014 by P Schaller    (Canada)

We recently tried to book a flight from Halifax to Orlando with Air Canada. Unfortunately, all suitable flights were showing Rouge as the operator. We had recently had a very bad experience with Rouge due to the minimal seat space and no padding in the seats. We refused to even consider a Rouge seat. We seriously considered driving to Orlando until CAA found us direct flights with WestJet. Much more attractive than Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Mark    (Canada)

London Heathrow to Vancouver via Toronto. Was looking forward to trying the 787 Dreamliner. Well what a disappointment. Firstly Air Canada somehow managed to offload us from the flight in London and this was only realised when they scanned our boarding cards at the gate. In the meantime Air Canada had sold our assigned seats to someone else and after much stress we were eventually given seats right at the back of the plane. No apology from any of the crew on board for the stress caused by a problem entirely their own fault. Underwhelmed by the 787, looks like any other new aircraft on the inside, the seating is narrow due to the tight 9 across seating and the plane seemed quite noisy. This accompanied by the typically forgettable Air Canada service meant I left that plane with nothing good to say about Air Canada. Connection at Toronto was tight due to our late running inbound flight. Our 777 to Vancouver had been swapped from a high density one to a standard one with less seats, you can imagine the chaos at the gate as the flight was now oversold. Again, more seating changes for us and we were now seated in economy middle aisle instead of Premium Economy. Overall a totally unpleasant experience made more stressful by Air Canada at every stage. I don't need this when I fly and will now take my business elsewhere.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Annette Schmidt-Schweda    (Canada)

On Dec 6th our scheduled flight from Vancouver to Nanaimo took off as planned. We had been informed that Nanaimo Airport has a critical density of fog, but that they would try to get everybody across. The landing could not be done due to the fog, so they flew us back to Vancouver. By that time it was close to midnight. All passengers were asked to go to a nearby service desk. Every single party received a voucher for the Fairmont Airport Hotel and everybody was re-booked for the first flight to Nanaimo the next morning. Very smooth! Very generous!

Air Canada Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Mike McElhone    (Canada)

YYZ to YYC on a pristine 767, good cabin crew lead by an impressive bilingual flight director. Impressed by the improvements to the food offerings. YYC to YLW on a CRJ with an outgoing friendly flight attendant. Good flights, good service.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Jason Smith    (Ireland)

LHR-YYZ, YYZ-YOW, YOW-YYC, YYC-YYZ, YYZ-LHR. Each flight was fantastic. The long haul flights were flown on the 777-300 with the standard Executive Pods, they are a favourite of mine. The food was fantastic on all the flights, Air Canada has recently started a "room service" style breakfast on flights to Europe. You get an order card and tick off everything you want at night before you go to bed and in the morning have it delivered at your chosen time. Great new idea. Staff onboard were fantastic as usual. Can't wait for my next trip!

Air Canada Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Ferder    (Ireland)

I was flying Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto. I paid a full fare economy ticket and paid for a "priority seat". I want to know what is so priority about it as they make you board the flight last as it is in the front of the plane. All other airlines give you priority access when you pay extra for your seat assignment. Would have been better off picking row 30 for free.

Air Canada Customer review :  10 December 2014 by D Rosenberg    (USA)

AC flight 85 YYZ-TLV in business. The flight was flawless, service was excellent, food was good to excellent. The AC 787 is an amazing product, well designed and comfortable. Missing overhead bins in the center above rows 4 and 5 made for a few uncomfortable minutes as we boarded - flight attendants should anticipate this and be available to help. The seat is excellent, long enough and wide enough. Yes, the foot well is narrow, but I got comfortable and slept deeply for 4 hours (same issue on Swiss, United, ANA). The pillow and comforter are far better than those offered by United, Swiss, Lufthansa. The adjustable cushions make it the best Business seat I have experienced. Topping it all off is the 18" screen along with a well designed hand controller with its own fully functional LCD touch screen.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Goode Dickson    (Canada)

Economy flight to London on the Dreamliner was the worst ever. To leave at 11.50 pm, boarded at 12.One hour delay while computer is programmed for Heathrow, then 30 minute delay because of shift change. New seat cut off circulation in the back of my legs and I had the sensation of being crammed in to make more money. The entertainment centre controls are in the arm rest right where one would put their elbow. All night the passenger beside me was turning on and off his and my system and overhead lights. If I put my elbow on the arm rest I would do the same to the passenger beside me. Try sitting for 8 hours with no place to put your arms and light flashing on and off as you tried to sleep. Needless to say there was no baggage for my connecting flight to Lisbon. Don't fly the Dreamliner.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Gail Morrison    (Canada)

My husband and I flew Vancouver to Las Vegas mid Nov/14. We have done this route many times, but this time it was operated by "Rouge". The most uncomfortable flight we have ever experienced. We will never fly Rouge again.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Attersley John    (Canada)

Frankfurt to Toronto and Toronto to Halifax, 20 November 2014. Lufthansa from Bremen to Frankfurt to start the trip, check in very efficient, flight on time and efficient. Frankfurt airport needs to have better internal direction for connecting passengers. AC flights on time, service efficient and as expected in economy, meals ok for economy. Cabin staff were pleasant and efficient, nice to see a difference here to some previous flights. Overall, price and value for money, no complaints.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Poncelet Matthew    (Canada)

YYC to YXE. I politely asked the check in personal at Calgary a basic question about baggage fees and received a very defensive, rude response. Customer service does not appear to be much of a priority. Flight attendant was not particularly friendly and had minimal interaction with passengers. I find the overall experience much more efficient on Westjet and they're fleet is newer too.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 November 2014 by G Cassie    (Canada)

YVR to NRT. First off, you can fly YVR to Haneda on ANA. I recommend that route. Narita is such a hassle, even on the "direct" NEX train it takes an hour into Tokyo, and that is after the long haul flight, after Customs, after waiting for a train, before you transfer again in Tokyo or, even if your hotel is near a station, make the 900 meter walk out of Tokyo Central or Shinagawa. (I am not exaggerating. The time it takes to wheel your luggage from the NEX at Central to the lobby at the Shangri-La is nearly 20 minutes, and that's when the station is relatively quiet.) AC was using an older aircraft on this route and it wasn't really too noticeable until we flew back on something much better (Cathay). The biz config in AC with their very comfortable if a tad firm lie flat seats afford privacy and ensure a good rest. The AV system is good, although the screens aren't too big. Crew was extremely attentive and very friendly. One even had a sense of humour! The first meal was half decent, quite good. The second, a breakfast, was mediocre. I find the "second" meal on AC long haul flights is always a letdown. The wine on AC could be better. On Cathay they were serving better champagne, a wonderful Saint Veran, a superb Gruner Vetliner, and a lot of other wines that had obviously been tested at 39,000 feet. Most AC wines just don't make the cut at the altitude. This was a points flight, but if I was paying I would definitely choose ANA.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Waterman    (Canada)

Toronto to London - I booked 3 seats and had them pre-assigned so we could all sit together. This was confirmed and the seats allocated. When I arrived at the plane the crew had split our seats up and would not change other seating so we could sit together. My 4 year old was initially sat alone next to a stranger. The result was that I could not go to the bathroom with my son without leaving my baby. I could not change my baby without leaving my son alone - my wife was 30 odd rows away. The stewardesses would not help us get food from bags (which were all with my wife because we were meant to be sat together). When I complained through customer relations I was told that it is always challenging travelling with children. They let us down at every stage of our journey and ruined our trip home.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Stephen Sacks    (Canada)

A lot of anticipation on flying the AC Dreamliner - a large, spacious, quiet aircraft that just eases the flight hours away - not - Air Canada decided to put in very small aisles, tiny uncomfortable seats and an entertainment system that doesn't tilt. I'm 5'4" and 135 pounds, so if I can't fit in a seat - something is drastically wrong! And I couldn't get comfortable - the flights to/from Europe were each 12 hours of misery. How greedy could AC be, as to try to fit in that many seats? The plane is already super-efficient - so, having an aisle seat is awful - you will constantly get your elbows, arms and feet banged by the flight attendants. Add to that - the washrooms are so small I couldn't even fit in. And, the toilet seats refuse to stay up! Come on, AC, adding a slow-release toilet seat would cost you nothing!

Air Canada Customer review :  17 November 2014 by H Vandervoort    (Canada)

Problem with Air Canada was that Air NZ was our main carrier and they use Air Canada for the YYZ/LA and LA/YYZ leg at end. What a contrast - a first class carrier and a no frills one. All Air NZ flights treated passengers as if they were valued and always gave them something (even a 75 min flight got wine and cheese). A 5hr one with AC got you a cup of lukewarm coffee. ANZ staff chatted and joked with customers. Air Canada's just went through the motions. It really felt like a "bus run". It was was so disappointing to see how far Canada's national carrier has sunk. I will avoid them at all costs in the future - too bad ANZ doesn't fly everywhere from Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 November 2014 by C Roberts    (China)

Vancouver-Beijing in Business Class. Plane had the older pod seats, which are comfortable but starting to show their age and could use some touch-up. Outstanding crew, with every member very friendly and professional, along with superior catering and generous amounts of good wines. Lights dimmed perhaps a bit quickly to encourage us to go to sleep, but on the whole a much better business class experience than most other airlines.

Air Canada Customer review :  17 November 2014 by M John    (Canada)

I recently travelled on AC from Vancouver to Heathrow and back. I had a premium economy seat booked on the outbound leg and an economy seat for the return but had purchased a preferred seat. I upgraded to business class on both legs on check in for $900 on the way out and 900 Pounds on the way back! AC have managed to hide their business check-in at YVR and LHR I had to ask both times where it was. At YVR its basically in the Domestic check- in section of the airport. The check-in agent mentioned that I had a good seat (4A) which is a single seat by itself. My heart sank a little when she mentioned that the aircraft had a 'high density' configuration. Airline speak for a plane where they have crammed in more seats. Onboard I found the new business seating terrible, clearly designed for short narrow people. Once the seat is in lay flat mode your legs go into a narrow gap under the seat in front of you. I'm 6' and 230lbs and had a few centimetres of room to the side and above before my lower legs were hitting the sides of the available space. The seat feels narrower than before making the whole thing coffin like. The pods were much better and offered more privacy. This particular seat had excessively large armrests, some of that space would have been better used to widen the seat. Where the seat controls are positioned you will hit them when you use the armrests in the regular fashion, causing the seat to move when you don't want it to. When I mentioned to one of the cabin crew about the seat comfort he said "I know, we're ripping them out'. Clearly gone are the days of the $600, or less, last minute upgrade to business. I don't think that the new charges justify what you get. Otherwise the staff were friendly enough, the food was ok and the cabin was too hot. If you happen to do an upgrade to business from economy and paid for an economy cabin preferred seat, email them to get your $90 back, otherwise you wont get it. Finally I had a look behind the curtain at Premium Economy, certainly didn't look like the pictures on the AC website which gives the impression that its somewhat separate from regular economy, it isn't. Although I make an internal connection within the UK from Heathrow I will be giving KLM a try next time to Amsterdam where onward connections are still good. Their business upgrades are typically $500.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 November 2014 by L Kong    (Canada)

AC 25, YVR-PVG return. Had the privilege to fly the AC brand new Dreamliner. Gentile lighting changes, dimmable windows, comfy seats and less noise. The flight crew is composed of English-French and English-Mandarin staff. Most of the crew were very pleasant. Drinks and foods were served on time, extras were given upon request. Water was served periodically during sleep time. Although I never watch any movies on flights, I did go through their collection. I must say the number of titles in stock was massive. You'd be more than satisfied if you enjoy IFE on long hauls. Another thing I've noticed is that travelers get updates from the pilots before taking off and landing, and I don't see this happening for other Asian carriers. This is a feature some people enjoy and it is also an annoyance for some other people.

Air Canada Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Corner Geo    (UK)

A return flight from Vancouver to Heathrow was very disappointing in many ways. The flight was delayed by 2 hours. During the long overnight flight the cabin was ridiculously and uncomfortably warm making sleep difficult, there was an unsettled noisy baby on board to whose parents the flight crew offered no help and, due to the stupid design of the seats incorporating lights and volume controls in the top of the arm rests, it was quite impossible to rest ones arms or support oneself on these armrests. The delay however then created the greatest problems. Passengers with onward connections were told to contact Air Canada ground crew. We were assured we had been rebooked on a later BA flight to Edinburgh. There was not actually enough time to transfer to the flight in Terminal 5 but that in itself did not matter as we (and many other passengers) had been misled. None of us had been rebooked. Fortunately, BA did sort out the mess without any assistance from Air Canada who had gone incommunicado and would not answer calls. We were fortunate that we were able to complete our journey that day. I am not certain all our fellow abandoned passengers were so lucky. I am afraid I could never trust Air Canada in the future.

Air Canada Customer review :  5 November 2014 by Patrick McHugh    (USA)

Today I was on a connecting flight with Air Canada from Boston to Vancouver through Toronto. The flight to Toronto was delayed and I asked whether I would be able to make the connection which I was assured I would. On landing in Toronto I made it to my connecting gate 20 minutes before takeoff and they had already removed me from the flight. Colleagues who arrived at the gate behind me were not removed from the flight. The explanation from customer service was that they were in business class and I was flying economy. Needless to say the flight I was on and made the connection to was now full as was the next flight making me late for a meeting this evening.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Mitchell Gordon    (Canada)

Toronto to Fort Lauderdale on October 27 with October 28 return. All flights on time. Aircraft clean and attendants do their job. Several water runs in addition to the usual beverage service. IFE quite decent. Not sure why Air Canada typically assigns a middle seat hoping to coerce you into buying an upgraded better seat. Seems a bit petty but despite the hoards of negative reviews, I'm quite satisfied with Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Speziale Fabrizio    (France)

I traveled in economy from Paris to Montreal in October 2014. The overall experience was not too bad but the main negative point is the very poor quality of the food onboard. It is impossible to eat what they serve. Better to take your own food if you travel with Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 October 2014 by P Rubenstein    (Canada)

AC through its contract partner Sky Regional YUL-YTZ (RT DH4 service). Although the equipment is old and the seating is cramped, the overall flight experience was good. Advance check-in eliminated the hassle of YUL check-in and aside from a change in gate at departure, everything went smoothly. Changing my departure on the return was easily done at the airport by a pleasant agent. I used the MLL in YUL courtesy of my Elite status. Although the lounge was crowded I was surprised by the improved range of food available. The MLL agent was polite and smiling (in the past they have been grouchy). Significant improvement at the YUL MLL in the last year. The departure area at YTZ is shared with Porter and is run down, shabby and crowded. Both flights were nearly on time despite weather conditions. This was my first use of AC at YTZ in many years as I have been a loyal client of Porter. I gave AC a try because of my displeasure with my past Porter flights, specifically the deterioration in service and on time performance. AC is just as good if not better than Porter on this route and with my FF status, the AC experience was superior overall. AC is excellent when there are no IROPS, no baggage and it is a short haul flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 October 2014 by V Grewal    (Canada)

I've flown AC before but luckily with folks that work with the airline, thus a very favorable fare (tax only). Our most recent trip to Europe included a one-way flight from YVR to LAX for a 3-day layover for some fun in the sun. We asked to be moved up to an earlier flight as we were meeting some friends in LA so I contacted AC reservations three times and got three different stories. I decided to go to the airport the day off early and asked where I could change my flight. This is where the unfriendly, cold staff interactions begin. When I asked where I could go to change my booking, the lady proceeded to hold up a finger telling me to pause while she scrutinized carry on bag sizes for passengers, then, when she "had a moment" pointed in the general direction of a service desk and said, "there!". A short walk and 10 minute wait in the line led me to another miserable lady who told me I should be in the international terminal since I'm flying to LA but in this case, "she'd make an exception". I proceeded to ask her if there were two different operating companies for domestic versus US flights knowing the answer. The lady gave a short and concise, "no" response and proceeded to tap away at her computer for minutes without looking up or saying a word. Her next words were to give me the outrageous "change fee" costs, which I paid to get the ordeal over with. When I asked about the policy change, she said didn't give any explanation other than, "that's the way it is now." Inflight, the staff were even worse. We flew on a "Rouge" flight which I guess is their budget, full-staffed sub. Long story short, the worst airline I've flown! From their front-end service staff to in-flight crew, all around miserable people. I'm never flying with them again. Lets put it this way, my wife and I were almost stuck in Europe during the Lufthansa strike and we feared having to travel on an Air Canada flight back home.

Air Canada Customer review :  31 October 2014 by J Howie    (Canada)

Air Canada have either revamped or replaced their 777s and they are now 3x4x3. I was stuck with a large woman next to me, a seat leg directly in front of where my feet needed to go and the leg had an entertainment control box on either side of it, in effect requiring me to have no legs as there was nowhere to put my feet. If I had been a 6 foot+ man I would have been miserable. The new leather seats are harder than the old ones and are very uncomfortable. The screen can no longer be angled. The service was the one thing which has not changed, it was as dreadful as it has always been. We will, after 25 years of flying with AC, be looking for a new carrier. The two 9 hour+ flights were pure misery.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Schulze    (USA)

Our supposed 7 days in Ireland turned into 5 due to the inept staff at Air Canada. Connection was late and missed our direct flight to Dublin which was oversold for the next night - after 7 hours in Toronto the next day, we then flew to Frankfurt for another 7 hour layover before finally reaching Dublin 2 days late. The Tampa-Toronto flight was held on the tarmac in Toronto 20 minutes as there was no gate crew and the flight attendants did not allow connecting passengers off the plane first, then customs closed. Air Canada booking agents "forgot" to rebook my husband and I on the direct flight resulting in the Frankfurt layover - inept. Return - same issue, missed our connection in Toronto to Tampa, had to fly 4 hours later to Orlando at midnight and rent a car to drive home. Will never fly Air Canada again!

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Ned Teller    (Canada)

Avoid Air Canada AC875 and other flights to/from Europe if you are taller than 5' 9" and don't want to harm your knees and suffer from leg cramps after your flight. There is absolutely no space between your knees and the seat in front of you. When the person in front of you reclines you will get trapped in your seat. Worst of all the staff will treat you as the problem for being too tall. I know that I will never fly them again. Lufthansa and Air France offer much better alternatives. I have flown to Europe with these carriers and had more leg room with better meals as an added bonus.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2014 by D Boothroyd    (Canada)

AC 1173 to Vancouver on October 12 and returned to Toronto on AC 152 October 19. It appears that AC flight attendants hate their job and are only too pleased to show this to the passengers. On the first flight, one of the attendants was barely civil. Return flight, a repeat performance with a different attendant. At boarding time, I wondered why no attendant was welcoming passengers or being helpful at the rear of the plane where we were seated. An attendant was there alright, seated in her position and doing absolutely nothing. During the flight, she managed to serve the drinks before sitting down in the last row to read, eat and watch a movie. Her colleague was somewhat more professional. I am wondering, however, what has happened to civility, to say nothing of service. These people don't seem to understand that they are there for the passengers, not the other way around. One sees nothing like it on the other major Canadian airline, in Europe or in Asia where flight attendants still consider friendliness and service as part of their job. Appropriate training and supervision is definitely in order.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Jensen    (Denmark)

Checking in on our flight from Toronto to Copenhagen, our pre-booked window seats had been taken by another reservation agent. Despite written confirmation stating our seat selection, my travel companion and I had to sit three rows apart in seats D and F.

Air Canada Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Paula King    (Canada)

I was very disappointed with the airline. On my way to the airport I got a text saying my connecting flight was cancelled and they had to re-route us. I was to arrive at my destination at 0930 in the morning and didn't get there until 5 in the evening. I had a 2 hour wait in one airport and a 3 hour wait in another. This was not acceptable to me as I was travelling with my husband who is a dialysis patient and had meds with him that had to be kept cold, also my 75 year old mother who has problems walking. Not once did we get an apology or even a food voucher to eat. Thankfully we were only travelling from Deer Lake to Toronto - usually a 2.5 hour flight but took us 11 hours. Very disappointed.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 October 2014 by McKelvie Donald    (Australia)

Having had two bad experiences with Air Canada I will never fly with them again. First issue: Booked to depart Vancouver at 0800 on 1 Aug 14 on a flight to Toronto, we arrived at the airport early. Checked our bags and got our boarding passes, however on the boarding pass it did not have a seat allocation but indicated that this would be done at the gate, no problem. As we had cleared security and it was now only 0620 we casually got a coffee and wandered up to the gate. On arrival at the gate my wife went to the desk to get our seat allocation only to be berated by the desk person who told her they had been paging us, we didn't hear anything. He then informed her that our flight was boarding. We said that our flight wasn't until 0800 he then told us that our original flight was delayed until 1000 and we had been placed on the one now departing. Obviously had we not arrived early we would have been waiting around until 1000. All well and good but why weren't we informed of the change when we check in? Arriving early in Toronto messed with our booked transport which caused a few anxious moments, and we had to get a taxi, however, thanks to Viator we got a refund on our transport booking. Second issue: The next flight was from Toronto to Seattle (E90), 3 Aug 14. On this fight the cabin crew showed a complete disregard for the comfort of the passengers. We were seated in the second last row of seats and were very conscious of people using the toilet, no problem. However the flight had a number of turbulence issues and at one stage the line up for the toilet was half way up the cabin. On a number of occasions people asked if they could use the toilet at the front of the aircraft and this was denied. It did not help matters with the seatbelt sign going on and off. At one stage a young girl who had been waiting a long time got to the front of the line only to be told to go back and put her shoes on. I have never been told to put my shoes on. Anyway all that said, I will never fly Air Canada again. The first impression is always the best and lasting impression.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Tania Rindel    (Canada)

Arrived at Halifax Airport on Saturday morning 04.30 for our family trip to Cancun. Check in was slow with only one attendant taking her time. After scanning our passports, the Air Canada attendant told us that because my husband and son has the same first names it causes problems for their system. She was very rude about the whole situation! Arrived in Toronto, where the attendants were more professional and friendly. Inflight was uncomfortable and tight, which can be expected with economy class. Overall, flights were OK, but we will avoid flying Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Golding Jenny    (UK)

I travelled from London Heathrow to Calgary return. Check in was speedy. There wasn't a queue to get through security, so the Fast Track didn't make much difference. The lounge at Heathrow was spacious and comfortable and the food selection was fine. The 1:2:1 seat formation ensured privacy and the lie flat seat was comfortable and just wide enough. I'm 5ft 7in, but if you were much taller or bigger, it would be a tight squeeze. The food selection was ok, fish, meat or veggie, but all choices were available. My salmon was well cooked and the vegetables were hot and not overcooked. There was a choice of 2 white wines, one of which was not available due to all stock being used on the incoming sector! Come on, I'm sure LHR has a pretty good catering set up. I don't drink Chardonnay or red wine (3 choices), so I had to drink beer instead. This really is unacceptable in Business Class. And why no Canadian wines? The service on both sectors was efficient and friendly, so no complaints there. I can't comment on inflight entertainment as I didn't use it. The WC's were shocking. They smelt like a public urinal, with wet floor and paper stuck to the floor - and this was 1 hour into the flight. They obviously hadn't been cleaned at the turnaround. The lounge at Calgary is being refurbished so it was crowded and not very comfortable. All the chairs had rips or worn arms, so the refurb is well overdue. The flight back was ok, I got my wine this time! The toiletries supplied were an unknown brand and not worth bothering with, very basic. For the amount of money paid for Business Class they could do better. It's more like Premium Economy except for lie flat beds. If the LHR/Calgary sector had Premium Economy, I would have taken it. Next time I will try Canadian Affair (charter) Premium Economy. This was a leisure trip so expense was very important as I was paying! If Economy is well priced on Air Canada it may be worth it, but not Business Class.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Naz Karnai    (Canada)

Myself and my wife along with a 3 year old, we took a flight from Toronto - Vancouver. Staff were very rude at check-in, at the boarding gate as well as on the flight itself. I requested a pillow and a blanket for my son who was very sleepy as we had transited from UK, the air crew rudely said to me that we have to pay for it, I didn't mind paying but it is something unheard of. I travel so often but never asked to pay for these things even in the cheapest airlines in Europe like Ryanair, EasyJet etc. I will never recommend Air Canada to anyone and will never fly with them again in the future. This doesn't seem like a star alliance to me. Worst by all means.

Air Canada Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Joe Morrison    (Canada)

Flew back from Paris to Toronto 4 Oct, does Air Canada actually have anybody checking "hand luggage", an amazing amount hand luggage seen going onboard aircraft. By the time we were boarded all the luggage bins were full of large suitcases. This has happened a number of times now. Tired of struggling to load our small bags and will now try another airline that actually enforces hand baggage size. Would help if Air Canada thought about all customers rather than ignoring an obvious problem.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 October 2014 by R Tilling    (UK)

B777-300 Vancouver-London Heathrow 2 Sep 2014. The new business class seat is terrible - narrow, short, ridiculously sized and shaped. It's okay as a seat, but I paid for a good night's sleep. Forget it! I'm 6ft 4 and when the seat turns into a bed, it slides the lower half of your body into a tiny plastic coffin-like box with no room to move your legs at all. It wasn't long enough for me - so it wasn't humanly possible to lie down! As a result, I arrived at LHR tired and irritable, lacking the sleep I had needed and paid for. The cabin crew were brilliant, but they told me that a lot of other business class passengers had complained about this new seat. It's also difficult to get the seat back up again from a thr "bed". My seat 2A on C-FIVO was also missing a flexible reading light. It is a reasonably new aircraft so why on earth was that missing? Basically, Air Canada has decided to shove more seats in every class onto this aircraft at the expense of comfort and space, and every passenger is short-changed as a result. The B777-300ER that normally takes 359 passengers is being converted to 458 passengers - mine was one of them. The passenger loses. I have read that it is a plan to reduce cost per seat by 15%. It is a total disgrace - avoid this aircraft at all costs. Air Canada used to be a great airline but it is heading downhill. If this is the way Air Canada is going, then it's time to change airlines folks.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Bowman    (Canada)

Visited 8 cities in 15 days and ended with São Paulo to Toronto (AC91) which was my only flight on AC. Bit of a bumpy ride with tight seats but the staff and entertainment more than made up for it. Staff made sure we all were totally taken care of offering all drinks, food items and water at all hours! They also had to take care of a serious health issue with one of the passengers and ensured the rest of us were well taken care of. Entertainment was great! Could chose own movies and had no glitches! Best staff ever had on any flight! Will be flying AC again!

Air Canada Customer review :  9 October 2014 by D Bodtker    (Canada)

Over priced by a long shot. Due to the protection they get from the government they feel that it is their right to charge 1/3 more for flights. They claim that they will match competition pricing and actually publish on their site that they will but refuse to do so when approached. Online and phone reservation staff are confrontational and rude. Would not recommend them.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Price Garry Lloyd    (Canada)

AC 88036, YYZ to PIT, Dash 8. Plane ride was uneventful, your standard economy seating. Inflight service - pretzels and a drink (soft drinks and juice free).

Air Canada Customer review :  1 October 2014 by C Wu    (UK)

I assumed that a large country like Canada would be a safe bet for my trip to New York. On the way out, staff were a slow and unhelpful but our main complaint was the food - we boarded at 12 so assumed lunch would be provided, instead a 'light snack' was served at 2.30 and there was no meat option because they had already run out. Before landing we were served another 'light snack' which was the smallest wrap I have seen. On the way home, our flight was delayed at LGA for over an hour, with barely any communication until we could board. Onboard, my sister asked the attendant if we would make our connection - he looked at our ticket and said probably not, without any sympathy or conciliatory expression. When he gave us immigration cards, my sister told him we didn't need them as we were only transferring. He said, "you might if you have to stay overnight in Canada" - a possibility that had not yet been suggested to us, and which was delivered in an incredibly flippant way considering we had told him we had important work engagements we needed to keep the next morning. When we got to Montreal we rushed to the connections gate where Air Canada staff who were supposed to guide us told us the plane wasn't waiting for us despite there still being time to make it. The rest of the evening was spent walking from end to end of the airport as Air Canada staff constantly referred you to different colleagues for help. In the end we had to stay overnight in Montreal, wake up at 3 to fly back to Toronto and then on to New York, arriving in London 12 hours after planned. Even based on the first outward flight we know we will never fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Steen Riisberg    (UK)

5/9/2014, LHR to Vancouver, AC855. 23/9/2014, Vancouver to LHR, AC854. For Economy the leg room was OK compared to other airlines albeit still cramped. The staff were friendly and helpful. Entertainment system also OK. But, the food! It is simply the worst quality I have ever encountered on a long haul flight and was so bad that I bought food from Subway in the airport to eat on the return flight. That turned out to be the right decision considering the quality on the return flight was as bad as on the outgoing flight. Simply not acceptable on a long haul flight and for that reason alone, I will not fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 September 2014 by V Gorjanc    (Slovenia)

Seattle to Toronto on AC542. Nice and relaxed flight, just a bit late because of the traffic congestion on the Seattle airport at the time of departure. E190 cabin light and fresh, seating way better that on a larger types of aircraft. Flight attendants professional and friendly. Good inflight entertainment, a large selection of Canadian movies, including documentaries and short ones, which is really nice.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D Mayoh    (Canada)

Flew from Honolulu to Vancouver economy class. Ground staff were helpful and reasonably friendly. The plane was a 767-300 and the seat was very uncomfortable as the padding in the middle of the seat had vanished over the years. The four stewardesses in my area must have been 60ish and not up to speed. One stewardess asked a passenger to get out of his seat and close the overhead bin as she had a bad back. Knowing that Air Canada did not serve meals domestically I checked online about international flights and it said that meals were served. None provided. During the flight I was offered a decent beverage twice and a couple of times the stewardess came by with a tacky plastic jug and served lukewarm water. I travel to and from Asia quite often and have never experienced such poor service on any other airline. I will absolutely go out of my way to avoid flying Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 September 2014 by S Simpkins    (UK)

Montreal YUL to Boston BOS on Air Canada Express CRJ100. Checked in online but still needed to use airport machines to print boarding cards and luggage tags, assisted by pleasant AC staff. With this small aircraft you have to leave cabin cases at the door and they are returned to you on landing, although there were the usual few passengers who decided this reasonable rule did not apply to them. Announcements in the air virtually inaudible because the FA held the microphone too close to her mouth and then shouted into it - training issue here. Drink and snack served on this short flight. Being a small aircraft, it twitches a bit in flight, so nervous flyers should be aware. Flight left 10 mins late but still arrived 20 mins early in Boston.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 September 2014 by S Simpkins    (UK)

Quebec YUB to Toronto YYZ on Air Canada Express Q400. First time in a Q400, and what a horrible aircraft! Noisy, rattly and with a constant vibration through the seats, this 100 min flight was about as much as I could take. Air Canada staff were pleasant and efficient both in the air and on the ground, although the boarding official was a bit sniffy when he found we were not business class passengers (in an all-economy aircraft!), and the flight left slightly late but arrived 30 mins early. Good service from AC, but I will try to avoid that aircraft in future.

Air Canada Customer review :  29 September 2014 by T Nicolopoulos    (Canada)

Booked Air Canada for a family vacation to Greece. Going there we dealt with rude staff. We brushed it off and believed it was just a bad day for them. Our return flight was no better. The flight back was from Athens Greece to Montreal, and then Toronto. The sad thing was instead of returning home to Toronto on Saturday 4.30pm as our tickets stated, we had the privilege of being bumped off our flight and sleeping at the Montreal airport with my 12 year old son and husband. No explanation was given except for "sorry this flight is overbooked". We had assigned seats and everything so how does this happen?? Apparently there was no hotel available that night either, so it was a very rough night. I emailed customer service and still have had no reply.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 September 2014 by R Wu    (UK)

We recently returned from New York La Guardia airport to London Heathrow. Our first flight was delayed which meant we missed our connecting flight to London. Both my sister and I missed several appointments - work for myself, and registration for her PhD and meetings for my sister. It was also my sister's 25th birthday which is an extra detail but made the subsequent experience much worse to take. Our return flight included a connection at Montreal - the plane from New York was delayed and from the offset, the staff on the plane were incredibly rude, disengaged and unhelpful when we asked for advice and reassurance. The whole process was terribly managed - we arrived at the boarding gate in time to see our plane pull away from the gate - some better communications and we definitely could have boarded that flight with a five minute delay for the other passengers at most. We were then sent around the airport with cursory explanations and a lack of basic guidance - for example no one explained there was a shuttle bus to the hotel or even pointed us in the right direction. There was a lack of staff in the airport due to it being a bit later in the evening, and we felt completely unguided in the process. I was stunned that a customer-focused service could have such a poor grasp of good communications and moreover just didn't seem to care about it's customers as well. We arrived in London 12 hours after our scheduled arrival time. Overall the process was poor in itself - bad food, stingy amounts. When my sister asked if we would be served another meal the attendant smirked and said 'You could loosely call it a meal'. I'd never fly with Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Richard Moller    (Canada)

Flying from London Heathrow to Kingston, Ontario is a tiring trip at the best of times flight delays on both legs due to “the late arrival of the aircraft from its previous destination” only makes it worse. Paying extra to get a seat with extra legroom is worth it, although the seats are getting threadbare and any padding that may have been there no longer shields you from the frame of the chair, this is especially true on their smaller aircraft flying into Kingston.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 September 2014 by P Magda    (UK)

The worst long haul airline and I travel a lot, but I am doomed and have been for last 15 years as it is the only direct connection between London, UK and Halifax, Nova Scotia. The price is outrageous, the service is generally poor (even in business I don't find it super friendly), and it is the only long haul airline where I have to bring my own food when I fly economy. Also, completely inefficient and useless systems if you want to book an end to end flight using different members of Star Alliance for different legs of the flight (if not in the same class). Every time I have to deal with them I have to grit my teeth.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 September 2014 by H Stephen    (Australia)

AC034, 20 September. Just got off a 14 hour flight from Sydney and thought the crew was excellent. They were attentive, continued cabin presence and friendly. I also thought the seat (even though a little warn) was better than other airlines like Malaysia Airlines A330. Very pleased with everything and well worth the price. Definitely a 7.5 out of 10.

Air Canada Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Richard Moller    (Canada)

Flying from Kingston, Ontario to London, Heathrow is a tiring trip at the best of times delays at the start when a plane needs additional time and maintenance to be flightworthy only makes it worse. Paying extra to get a seat with extra legroom is worth it, although the seats are getting threadbare and any padding that may have been there no longer shields you from the frame of the chair, this is especially true on their smaller aircraft flying into Kingston. Due to maintenance issues, the entertainment system on the Toronto to Heathrow leg had to be completely rebooted mid-flight making it unusable for about an hour. Luggage handling was slow, and bags marked “Priority” were some of the last ones off. Since they are the only airline that flies out of Kingston it used to be worth the extra 30% on fairs for flights going outside of North America to fly Air Canada for the convenience, but with chronic scheduling problems because of aged aircraft it is becoming less so.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Jim Mitchell    (Canada)

Over the last two years we have taken 31 flights. Of those flights 11 were on Air Canada and on 8 of those 11 there were either delays of more than two hours or cancellations. My most recent was on Air Canada YVR to YEG - the flight was cancelled and it created a great deal of confusion for Air Canada. First they would let us know about putting on other flights in 15 minutes, half an hour later they were still confused and lost. They said they would give a lunch voucher but couldn't get them to print and that took 45 minutes. Finally a lunch voucher that would buy an airport pre-made airport sandwich. Back after lunch and sched on flight in another hour (now 2.5 hours later). This is very typical or even quite good service for this airline. Food and beverages - if you like a mini bag of pretzels and some juice or water or coffee then great. I only travel Air Canada when absolutely necessary.

Air Canada Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Shannon Steve    (Canada)

Toronto - Tel Aviv - Toronto, B787 Dreamliner. Executive First. Aircraft is superb and is now my favoured choice over the B777. Innovative numerous improvements in passenger comfort and convenience. Cabin staff really proud of the aircraft and it shows in their service. Flights left on time and arrived early. Concierge at Tel Aviv personally accompanied me to my seat (a first). Overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience on both flights. A thumbs up to a great new aircraft and a motivated and delightful crew.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Friesen Robert    (Canada)

I am a Star Alliance Gold Card holder and fly business class frequently. I just returned from a trip to Thailand and flew the Vancouver to Hong Kong leg (return) business class in their newly configured 777-300 series aircraft. The new business class seating arrangement on this aircraft is an unmitigated disaster. Where do I begin! It is primarily a 2-2-2 layout with 3 rows being 1-2-1. This single seat is only available to AC super elite members. So AC has decided that any other full fare business class travelers on this aircraft are not entitled to a single seat. Ridiculous. The tight seats are far too firm and narrow footwells make it impossible to properly stretch out and have a relaxing sleep. There is no storage area and materials used are cheap and do not even belong in a Premium Economy section. Window passengers do not have a clear access to the aisle. You have to climb over the other passenger. This is unacceptable in a business class in today's airline industry! I browsed through the Duty Free Magazine located in the seat pocket in front of each seat and asked the Flight Attendant if I could order something. She advised me that the configuration of this aircraft did not permit any duty free sales on board. No duty free on board when there is a duty free magazine located in every seat pocket! I will never fly on this aircraft again and my frequent flights to Asia will be on other Star Alliance carriers which are improving their business class product, not reducing it to cattle car status such as AC.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Jones Ian    (UK)

Flew LHR to Vancouver Premium Economy on newish plane with different layout, premium economy is no longer separated by a bulkhead and curtain so we had to put up with kids running up and down the aisles and noise. On top of this they messed up on our return flight from Calgary. No premium economy available so we chose the front two seats in economy, they changed the plane last May, didn't tell us so we lost the seats, after a few calls to the call centre in India they refunded the charge for the so called premium seats but it's not a money issue, we wanted the seats. Arrive at the airport and now we have to pay $70 for our third case that was FOC on the way out. We explained we would have booked it if we could but no joy, they charged us. The only way to complain is to write to them apparently, which we will for sure. Based on these issues I wouldn't recommend this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by D Gallant    (Canada)

On 14th Sept flew Air Canada express - Saskatoon to Vancouver on AC Express. Excellent service by flight attendants. The plane is starting to show its age. We then flew AC 47 to Honolulu. Here again the aircraft is showing its age. Our preferred seat 12 A and C has no window. Service was excellent. The flight attendants were older and were very professional. We learned that Air Canada Rouge is taking over this route in Mid Nov. and we will be returning on that flight in Dec. Our flight departed late however arrived in good time. We had problems stowing our carry on bag as bins were completely filled. Flight attendant did put our bag in a bin in Business Class.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 September 2014 by M Tan    (Canada)

I flew from Toronto to Tokyo on my way to Manila on 22 Oct and had the worst service experience I had in a long haul flight (12 hrs). I was seated at the window seat, on several occasions I had a request for food, water in the middle of the flight, I pressed the attendant button, waited more than 20 mins, then an attendant went by and just went past, no stopping on our side of the aisle and asking if anybody needed anything, this happened in the middle of the flight when everyone was asleep so I didn't want to call out loudly, but was waving my hands. This went on for 3 more attendant passes me before I was able to get the attention of an attendant. On the way back flying from Tokyo to Toronto, I opted for an aisle seat, thinking it was easier to get their attention, it was, but they were not the friendliest or most cordial, I was asking for snacks in the middle of the long flight, I was asked to go to the back myself to get pretzels and cookies. No more long haul Air Canada flights for me if I can avoid it.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Harrison Jason    (Canada)

A trip from home from Greece to Calgary resulted in arrival 41 hours after the scheduled time. Air Canada did not contact me once during this time, only provided vague updates through the hotel staff. On the ensuing flight from Greece, customers were still charged $10 rental fees to use the in-flight iPads, despite being delayed more than a day and a half. Disgusting customer service, and clearly poor plane maintenance practices. A good way to ruin a vacation is to fly with Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Tangye Graeme    (New Zealand)

We had three short haul domestic flights with Air Canada - YVR to YYJ, YYJ to YYC and YYC to YVR. One flight was on time, one was 25 minutes late, and the other was over an hour late. Minimal information was provided about the delays, and most of that was obviously incorrect. Check-in at YYJ and YYC was simple and efficient, but at YVR was terribly slow with only 2 bag drop desks open and huge queues. The overhead lockers on the YYC to YVR were inadequate, leaving everyone a scamble to find space anywhere they could. I would give any other airline a try next time - Air Canada performance leaves much to be desired.

LHR to YVR, 777-300ER. Fairly new aircraft, with everything clean and working as it should. Cabin crew were okay, without being anything special. I found the staggered beds to be quite comfortable, although if travelling alone it is better to avoid the pairs of seats near the window unless you want to climb over/be climbed over by a stranger. Food was okay, but nothing special. Air Canada lounge at Heathrow was nice, but the check-in process was poor. The premium desk was far removed from the economy kiosks with poor signage and the Air Canada roving ground staff lady that we dealt with did not help. It was only when we reached the bag drop desk, after a long wait, that we were told where we should have gone.

Air Canada Customer review :  15 September 2014 by E Wong    (Canada)

On September 8, I boarded my connection flight scheduled to depart at 6.30pm from Calgary to London Heathrow, but after boarding, the pilot announces that there was a problem with the de-icing device. They spent hours trying to fix the problem, but in the end the flight was canceled. By the time we walked out of the plane it was almost midnight. I understand that due to safety issues there was no choice but to cancel the flight, but what I'm extremely upset about was the unhelpful staff and lack of support for the 300 passengers walking out of that plane, at midnight in a snowing city, hungry and without anywhere to go. After exiting the plane, we were summarily dismissed by agents who could do nothing to help us rebook our plane, find hotels, or even to just to remove our "checked-in" status, so that we could call the helpline to rebook our flight. Because the desk agents failed to remove my "checked-in" status (when I asked they told me it would be done in about an hour, which did not happen), I had to call the help line 3 different times before someone there was able to reach the ticket office to fix things up and issue me a new ticket for next evening. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night. As a single Canadian adult traveling by myself with all the right gadgets and adequate travel insurance, I was lucky enough to sort everything out myself, albeit with endless frustrations. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been for foreigner, families, or elderly people with hearing problems. Because of this experience, I will probably take a vacation from Air Canada for a long, long time.