Air Canada passenger reviews, Air Canada customer reviews, Air Canada review, compare Air Canada reviews

Air Canada Customer Reviews and Air Canada Passenger Trip Reports

Air Canada Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Taylor   (UK)

LHR to Calgary: Check in at brand new T2 was a complete shambles - not sure if this is AC's problem or T2 teething troubles? Not enough staff around to deal with self check-in problems and only 2 check in desks available - the queue was long and slow! On board in Economy, seat pitch and leg room was pretty good for 2 adults and 1 child. Everything else distinctly average. Return leg, Vancouver to LHR, Premium Economy: Self check in worked fine but bag drop slow and everyone in the same queue, with not one AC rep on the airport floor in sight. Seats in Premium OK. Flight delayed for around an hour due to them being unable to get the door closed. Inflight service really poor - food was absolutely dire and meal of choice had run out even before we'd left the ground. Flight attendants completely lacking in attentiveness - no rubbish collection despite me having a nice tidy little bag full of bits, which I deliberately left in sight. Even as we came in to land, it got missed on their final cabin check. Missed drinks/coffee runs - there was definitely a preferred customer system in operation - fine, we may not be frequent flyer members (and never will be!) but we've still paid a premium fare and shouldn't be completely overlooked. Baggage reclaim at LHR T2 a mess - again, not sure if this is AC's problem but surely LHR should know what they're doing by now? All in all, both Air Canada and LHR's shiny new T2 have disappointed. Not sure we'll be able to avoid using T2 again in the future but certainly we will not be choosing AC again.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Eric   (USA)

Our NRT-YVR flight was quite pleasant. The flight attendants spoke English and Japanese and were friendly and accommodating. They helped with the overhead luggage (something rarely seen with US carriers) and worked hard to help with entertainment and tried to provide service during heavy turbulence. There were at least two choices of dinner, both quite nice. Kids got their meals first. Slippers would have been nice (like one gets on Asian airlines). The movie selection was good. Overall, an on-time well-handled flight.

Air Canada Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Radda Stephan   (Austria)

We bought a ticket for Vienna - Toronto - Orlando and back Miami -–Toronto - Vienna online and got tickets for flights AC6167, AC1866, AC917, AC 6166. The first problem was we could not reserve seats for the Vienna-Toronto flight because it was operated by Austrian Airlines. We checked in online at the first opportunity and had an uneventful trip to Miami, the Air Canada Plane being a little rugged was an "Air Rouge" flight but it was ok. The return flight was a disaster. The Plane from Miami arrived late from Toronto, which resulted in missing the Vienna flight. We asked the onboard personnel if they could give us any information on the status of our connecting flight, but the same problem again: they told us they had no info on the Austrian Airlines flight and that it was "out of their hands" - then they got annoyed when we asked for priority disembarking. Well we ran for it but it had not waited for our party of 8. We were split up, re-routed to Paris AC880 and then after 5 hours of waiting to Vienna by Air France flight AF1738. We had to get the Air France boarding passes ourselves, offered no assistance like food vouchers or lounge access but told us we could fill out a complaint form online. We had to run around so much (with 2 little children) that we used 3 hours up anyway. When we arrived finally in Vienna, the luggage was missing, again some confusion which Airline was responsible now. The onboard and ground personnel were indifferent at best. I will avoid air Canada at all costs in the future.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Martin Pelletier   (Canada)

Flight from Ottawa to Fredericton. I arrived 42 minutes before boarding and "missed my flight". I Was charged 170 dollars to book a flight later. Customer "service" staff made no attempt to get me on my flight. They were rude and had zero empathy. On the return flight I was offered an earlier flight out of Fredericton but had a 6hr layover in Montreal. Weather in Montreal had delayed several flights. Air Canada staff directed me to wrong help booth on the first floor where I waited 45 minutes before being told rudely that they were too busy with people who had missed their flights to help me and I should try the Jazz booth on the other level. The Jazz booth had a two hour wait, because of the recent weather, with only one staff at the desk. When I arrived at the wait line I asked a passing staff if this was the right booth for Jazz and she told me to "just wait in line" whiteout even answering this simple question. I waited two hours and was told that they could not give me an earlier flight. Flights were on time but customer service was absolutely unacceptable. Needless to say this is my last flight with this airline.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 August 2014 by James Gadd   (UK)

LHR-YYZ return. I was on a 3-3-3 configured 777 which was quite comfortable, however I would avoid the newly configured 3-4-3 777 as I understand the seat width and pitch is less - I have had experience of this configuration before and it is not comfortable. Food going out was great, but terrible coming back - I guess LHR has better catering! Regular drinks runs with a full bar rather than just juice/water was a welcome surprise.

Air Canada Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Beverly MacPherson   (Canada)

We acquired our tickets on May 2 2014 for travel on July 26th 2014, the flight to Charlottetown PEI was okay apart from being delayed leaving Edmonton International due to overbooking again. We received $50 per person off with 1 free meal each. Travel agent paid Air Canada for our meals however we never received them. I was told vouchers would be provided via Air Canada when our tickets were scanned but that never happened. On the return flight Aug 9 2014 from Montreal to Edmonton one of our assigned seats 33F had no television working so our son did not even have a TV screen to watch on the 4.5 hour flight back to Edmonton. This is the last flight we will take with Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 August 2014 by S Bradley   (Canada)

I will not fly on Air Canada if I can help it. My wife and I won tickets to fly anywhere in Canada in a contest (not through AC). We decided on St. John's, NFLD. Somehow the ticket agents and boarding staff knew that we didn't pay for our tickets and from that point on the service ended. The man at the boarding desk actually said to me that I had no right to request better seats (the plane was only half full) because we didn't pay for our tickets. I was appalled at the rudeness we experience and will not fly on an airline that pays employees to treat people like this. We usually go to the border cities to fly out of to save money. But to fly domestically I will use WestJet if possible. Have flown on them twice and the service was excellent.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Jonathan Nesbitt   (Japan)

August 2nd 2014, AC009. We arrived at a very crowded, very unruly check in counter in Calgary where it was clear staff had no control of the lineup. When you're travelling with a 5 month old this situation can create a lot of stress. Once we boarded the situation became worse. The seats were dirty and clearly very worn. It was evident that the planes climate control was broken. We sat onboard the aircraft at the gate for what seemed to be a very long time with aircraft engineers trying to fix the problem. The pilot claimed the problem was fixed, we began our taxi away from the gate and then the plane just sat there. We went back to the gate and tried to get it fixed. After a lengthy wait (again) we taxied and took off. Of course, once airborne the cooling system still did not work and the pilot informed us that we were going to be diverted to Vancouver to potentially switch planes. Told a new plane was being readied and we would be boarding 7pm Vancouver time. When we went to our new check in gate the situation went from worse to downright awful. Ground staff had no idea on seat assignments and couldn't figure out where to seat everyone. We thankfully got our bassinet seats but other passengers were told to board and to find a seat "anywhere they could". We finally got in the air 9 hours after our ordeal. I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by A Hall   (Canada)

I travelled premium economy on Air Canada from Vancouver to Heathrow. This product is very good value in my opinion. Seats were similar to AC domestic standard business class, about 38' or more pitch, two on the sides. The dinner meal was a condensed business class meal in my opinion, having travelled in that class previously. The wine, drinks service was excellent, staff were very attentive. Morning meal more standard fare, but fine. Air Canada has come a long way in service over the past few years and I would definitely choose them over any American carrier and many European ones. I thought the dinner meal was better than what I ate on united first class. UA could take lessons from AC.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Hannah Lingrell   (USA)

San Francisco - Toronto - Madrid: Poorest plane I have flown in, and that's saying a lot as I've flown a lot during my time as a flight attendant and on my own for pleasure trips. Seats in the plane from Toronto to Madrid were very narrow and cramped (and I'm a petite, slim female) and extremely uncomfortable (did they purchase the seat foam at the dollar store? I think Greyhound bus seats would have definitely been more comfortable). I had recently called in to customer service to request a bland meal after getting horrible food poisoning days before my flight, but unfortunately, there was no special meal for me at dinner time. So lucky me, I got to eat a bread roll for dinner. No free food was served on the flight from San Francisco to Toronto? It was considered a "national" flight. What? It was an 8-hour flight that crossed an international border. Entertainment was one screen in front for the whole economy cabin on an international flight (Toronto to Madrid). I'll never fly them again.

Air Canada Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Iain Hyslop   (Canada)

We were in the waiting lounge for a return flight from San Diego to Vancouver when we were told that the flight was cancelled due to technical problems. They offered us a flight part way to San Francisco and a hotel for the night there which we accepted. When we arrived at the SFO airport to leave however AC demanded another $50 for an extra bag. We explained that we had already paid this in San Diego and that it would have been for the entire flight to Vancouver, not just part way. The AC "customer care" representative was surly and annoyed at our refusal to pay this charge twice. Common sense finally prevailed but we had to demand a supervisor in order to sort this out.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Tony Laverghetta   (Canada)

AC865, LHR-YUL, B777-300ER, full flight and expectations fulfilled. Great plane, seats comfortable for a 7 hrs flight, IFE is superb with new touch screens (like ipad), good variety of movies, music and series selections, food OK, pasta was delicious however the wrap snack was nothing special, perhaps an ice-cream would have been a better option as we're in summer now. Staff very dedicated and attentive, always smiling, passing through the cabin quite often for water services and more. Amazingly enough it was my first time on an intercontinental AC flight and I got very satisfied with this experience.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Phillip Howarth   (UK)

AC869, 11th July 2014, London Heathrow - Toronto. LHR-YYZ. Travelled to Toronto business class on new 787, seat was the best I have experienced in a long time, good food on offer and great IFE. Only one problem, beware of booking seats 5A + 5K on the 787 - these seats don't have any windows.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Ivan Dzhur   (USA)

May 25th, Calgary to Winnipeg, AC 8380. June 30th, Winnipeg to Saskatoon, AC 8293. July 13th, Saskatoon to Winnipeg, AC 8296. July 27th, Winnipeg to Toronto, AC264. Recently I took four domestic flights with Air Canada. All flights were on time, crew did what they supposed to do. Certainly tickets are overpriced but its because there are no competition on Canadian air market. Would certainly consider flying with them again.

Air Canada Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Rex Hou   (USA)

AC 1856, July 15th, Las Vegas to Montreal. AC 845, July 28th, FRA to YYC. AC 1896, July 28, YYC to Las Vegas. We had a terrible experience flying Air Canada business class. First of all on all segments' seating was separated for my wife and myself and every time we tried to change seating so we could sit together, AC staff didn't seem to care and gave us false info on the aircraft seating arrangement. We had to stop over at Calgary and the flight attendant was not familiar with the US citizen passing through and did not give us a Canadian custom form (luggage must be picked up and sent through US custom at the airport). The Air Canada ground staff were also was not clear about US bound passenger's procedure. Air Canada is no doubt the weakest link in the Star Alliance family.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by T Eldem   (Canada)

AC 811 from IST to YYZ on B767-300. The ground services in Istanbul are handled by a third party for Air Canada and are appalling. I am a top-tier AC frequent flyer and used the priority check-in which took an extraordinarily long time to process our party of 4 travellers. There were 5 agents behind the desk with only one dealing with the passengers and the rest simply watching. Boarding process was utterly chaotic with 9 agents in attendance and none of them at all interested in answering the queries from the passengers or helping them. I had to inquire 3 times about priority boarding before I was offered a snippy response. In one of those instances, the agent made eye-contact and then simply walked away from me completely ignoring my question. The gate assigned for the flight was woefully inadequate to handle a Transatlantic flight. 200+ passengers were processed through a check-in facility more suited for commuter planes. We were eventually bussed to the aircraft adding further delays to a flight that was already delayed by 90 minutes. Once onboard, the aircraft showed its age with tired interior, worn-out PODS, inoperable washrooms and dull lighting. FA's were very attentive and the AVOD selection offered plenty of options. Two meals and frequent water-runs were offered throughout the 11-hour long flight. The meals were mediocre at best but drink selection was good. The only redeeming aspect of the journey was the amazing Business Lounge operated by Turkish Airlines. The flight arrived late but we were lucky to make our connection. Air Canada must take a serious look at their ground service arrangement in Istanbul as it really gets the passengers off to an unpleasant experience.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by G Rendell   (USA)

AC 613, July 6th from Halifax to Toronto and AC 716, Toronto to NYC (LaGuardia) on July 6th. Ground crew and FA's were both excellent. Aircraft's on both flights (Airbus 320 and E-190) were very clean and well maintained. Cannot find anything to fault. Will fly Air Canada again without question.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Mainville   (Canada)

Ottawa to Antigua via Toronto (July 20th). The flight between Ottawa-Toronto was lengthened by more than 20 minutes and left us with 35 minutes to catch our connecting flight to Antigua. Not an easy task when you have to run up floors than down while changing to other sections of the terminal. The return flight on July 27th was even worse. Toronto-Ottawa was cancelled due to severe weather. It took us two hours to access customer service on the premises. Not enough agents, contradictory advise. We were put on stand-by on the 00.30hr flight with crossed- fingers wishing us luck. I can't understand that with the technology we have today they don't known the number of people who book the flight. To make matters worse, no ground crew for an hour, that left us in Ottawa at 2h30am without luggage and a closed office.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Boyd   (Canada)

Flew from Toronto Pearson to Milan Malpensa direct. I must say I have no complaints whatsoever, ok the food was average but its airline food so why complain. The whole experience was pleasant.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Hsui   (Canada)

777, Business class, HKG to YVR. Only 1 meal selection available, cabin service nearly non-existent, 2 of 3 washrooms closed (to store A/C staff luggage) typical A/C flight crew - surly and extremely "seasoned". Every second row has horrible seat configuration. Without exaggeration, there is more room between seating rows in a compact car than there was on this business class seat. Use any other carrier if you can - there is no way that you can do worse than Air Canada.

Air Canada Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Nicola Origgi   (México)

Mexico City-Toronto-Milan Malpensa round trip in business class. Air Canada delivers a consistent and sound business class product with some features that make it more similar to a first class product. For example, the seat configuration on the 767 (1-1-1) is really comfortable and give a great degree of privacy that is not provided on other 4* airlines. Staff service very attentive. I had a 12 hours layover in Toronto and Air Canada provided me a room free of charge at the Gateway Sheraton: a detail that was very much appreciated. I suggest an improvement on drinks in Business Class: for instance, an upgrade in whisky and a wider selection would be both very much appropriated.

Air Canada Customer review :  23 July 2014 by M Smith   (Canada)

I flew from Toronto to Sydney, Australia, via Vancouver. The flight was very comfortable. Sure the seat could have been roomier, but there was adequate leg room. The leg from Toronto to Vancouver was great, no one in the middle seat! And because I was continuing on to Sydney, I got free food (a choice of a meal item and a snack). The food on the long haul leg was okay, nothing special, but edible for myself. Free bar service is nice! Service was good and water was plentiful. I think Air Canada's seat back TV is best in class. Lots to choose from when you can't sleep! The only think I wish Air Canada did differently is get rid of 3x3x3 seating and make it 2x4x2. Yes, less seats overall, but it would make it a more pleasant flying experience for all!

Air Canada Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Abbey Klugerman   (Canada)

We flew from Ottawa to Hong Kong returned from Shanghai to Ottawa both via Vancouver. I paid extra for choice of preferred seats and while there was sufficient legroom the seats were so narrow as to make comfort and ultimately sleep impossible. The food was really nothing more than garbage, with a choice of "gruel" or a slice of some sort of egg for breakfast. For dinner I chose the beef which was a very poor quality meat, all fat and only 3 little pieces. I think next time I will pay more and try to fly with another carrier.

Air Canada Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Michael Sackey   (USA)

We flew from Toronto to Hong Kong direct. The seats were fine and the flight attendants were friendly, but the food was really atrocious. The sum of the meals were carbohydrate heavy. For snacks, we were offered pretzels, and later some kind of shortbread-like cookie. The snack on the return trip included a roast beef sandwich which had nothing but white bread and roast beef (no lettuce, no dressing, nothing!). Oh yes, one of the other snacks was cup o'noodles. For main meal, one of the dishes was some kind of white pasta pellets with a little bit of chicken. Another main meal was white congee (i.e., white rice porridge) or egg. So again, carbs carbs carbs! I'm not anti- carb but the meals were all heavily laden with carbs with very little else to go with it. Not even vegetables!

Air Canada Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Thiessen Gerald   (Canada)

Winnipeg to Nashville via Toronto. Was scheduled to fly Sunday morning. Plane was delayed due to mechanical problems, things like this happen. The problem was we were not informed that our flight was delayed while standing in the line. The board showed our flight to be on time. Needless to say we stood for over 2 hours in line and were late to board our plane. Then told our plane was delayed. No help was offered while we were in the line, only told we would have to wait our turn. Ended up flying into Toronto later that day, but missed our connecting flight to Nashville. Thankfully Air Canada paid for our hotel and part of our supper in Toronto. On our return we were on schedule coming into Toronto according to our tickets. But when we had gone through customs and were ready recheck our bags to get the connecting flight to Winnipeg we were told we were too late as the baggage had to be checked in 1 hour in advance of the next flight. No effort to get us on the original flight. Thankfully I had enough time after landing in Winnipeg that I could still drive home. The service we got at the airports was just appalling. Flight attendants were okay. Luckily I was flying for holidays and not for work where time missed could be very costly.

Air Canada Customer review :  16 July 2014 by K Gelderen   (The Netherlands)

We flew from Frankfurt to Calgary and 3 weeks later again from Vancouver to London. Our first trip was a bit hectic because we had very little time to catch our connecting flight. We had to run to our gate and once arrived there was a big queue. We were assigned 2 seats apart from each other (15 rows in between) so despite the big queue we went to the Air Canada desk at the gate to ask if it was possible to change our seats. The lady was friendly and she did manage to change our seats on this very short notice, so that was positive. During the flight the food was good, you could choose from different soft drinks (cans, not just a glass) and the flight attendants came by with water quite often. The inflight entertainment was good as well (touchscreen). On the returning flight we had a newer airplane but the experience was not as good. The seat configuration was different as they added an extra row of seats which made 3-4-3. Because of this the seats were very small and less comfortable. Also the food was quite bad and the flight attendants were not as friendly and less skilled. The inflight entertainment system however was even better (latest version) so no complaints about that at all. Overall impression of flying with Air Canada was good. Would we choose for Air Canada again? Probably yes.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 July 2014 by Michelle St-Germain   (Canada)

I had booked a trip from Ottawa to San Diego with United Airlines. The flight I had to Chicago from Ottawa got cancelled due to weather conditions and I accepted an alternate route through Air Canada which I regret doing. The airplane sat on the YOW tarmac for over an hour and the flight attendants could only say that it was because there was lightening storms in Toronto. Only good thing I can say is that they turned off the engine and allowed us to get out of our seats while we waited. On my way off the plane in TOR, no one was able to provide assistance on how to ensure I could make my connecting flight to San Diego which was showing "on time" on the flight board. After passing customs, baggage check, etc. the flight was no longer showing on the flight board. The AC flight attendants I found roaming around had no clue where to direct me. I happen to find the service desk, and was told to get in line even though I said my flight was leaving in 10 minutes and I simply needed the gate number. As there were 4 people in line, my flight had left by the time I received "service". So booking another flight to get to San Diego, I opted for a layover in Los Angeles that night, instead of waiting another 24 hours in Toronto. I was not offered any compensation for either spending the night in Toronto nor Los Angeles even though Air Canada caused me to miss my flight. Staff member told me he could not give me the boarding pass for the next days flight, but omitted to say he did not complete the booking and that I was expected to go to the AC ticket counter at LAX to get one. I only got the customer service contact information when I returned to the desk to confirm my flight to San Diego was in fact the next morning at 9.55. After a short night in a close by hotel, I returned to the LAX airport the next morning. I went to US airlines who had no trace of my info who redirected me to American Airlines, I found out that there was no ticket for me as the booking the TO agent did not complete the booking. The agent in Toronto said he could do nothing for me because the notes on file said I had accepted LAX as my final destination. Told I needed to speak with a ticket agent at LAX to see what they could do for me. I walked from American Eagle terminal 4 to Air Canada terminal 2 and back. I barely made the 11.30 flight. I hate to think what would have happened to my baggage, had I any with me on this trip. I received no apologies from anyone at Air Canada throughout this whole ordeal.

Air Canada Customer review :  12 July 2014 by P Smith   (Canada)

YYZ-LHR-YYZ. Outbound flight on new 787. Return on 777-300. The new planes are a very welcome addition and a solid improvement over the dated 767. AC has reconfigured the business class pods for the 787 so they point towards the window instead of away. TV screens are much larger, table trays are better located and there are actually places to put your belongings (not so for the 777). Very tough to find any fault. They just need more of them sooner. Service was better than usual (AC can be very inconsistent). Food quality was poor for business class. IFE is getting better but still needs investment. AC's switch from T3 to T2 is a good move as the terminal is much nicer and easier to get through security, although the walk to the Heathrow Express is a long one.

Air Canada Customer review :  9 July 2014 by T Eldem   (Canada)

LHR to YUL on Boeing 777. Following a somewhat chaotic boarding process driven by the awkward queuing arrangement at the new Terminal #2, boarded the plane only to sit on board for nearly 50 minutes awaiting ATC clearance for takeoff. Once in the air, the service was prompt with very attentive FA's. Meal and drink selections were good but the main course I chose lacked flavour. Good inflight AVOD with decent selection of movies and entertainment. Pre-arrival snack was mediocre at best. Despite a late departure, the crew was able to make up most of the lost time achieving an almost on schedule arrival. Overall it was a pleasant experience but I must say the new staggered seat configuration in business class is a significant downgrade from the pods. Seat controls are in the arm rest resulting in frequent accidental activation. In lie-flat position one's feet have to fit into a very small space which is very uncomfortable. Swiss utilizes the same seats but provides more leg/foot room. The table is difficult to operate and even the FA's struggle with it. I have been a top-tier loyal customer of AC but if they choose to convert all of their long-haul business class to this seating configuration, I will look for alternatives in a hurry.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Collard   (Canada)

Vancouver to Victoria on 16 June 2014, a 20-minute flight aboard a Dash8-300 connecting from Lufthansa. As I was leaving the Vancouver immigration and customs hall, personnel of the Canadian Border Services Agency directed me to the wrong exit. Hence, instead of going through a dedicated security line for passengers connecting to domestic flights, I found myself in the main airport arrivals area, bringing all my checked baggage with me even though it was tagged to Victoria, my final destination. I asked an AC staff member driving an electric cart whether there was somewhere to drop my checked baggage or whether I should head for the domestic check-in queues. The airport wasn't busy, she confirmed that my baggage was already tagged to my final destination, and she had no passengers in her cart; so she took me directly to a separate counter (with its own conveyor belt) used for wheelchair passengers, accepted my already-checked bag, and issued my boarding card. Excellent treatment by Air Canada staff. (As it was a 20-minute flight, it had no food or entertainment.)

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Joseph   (Canada)

I've been a status flyer with AC for decades and look forward to the day when other airlines are allowed to compete in Canada for AC routes. Recent changes to Air Canada's 'reward' system mean it is much more difficult and expensive to achieve and retain status. I often fly YYC-NRT on AC010. Formerly, Tango Plus fares were full status points at a reasonable price, and upgradable. This has now changed, the 'low cost' Tango fare usually gives you a ticket at a higher price, with only 25% of the status points of the former fare, and is not upgradable. Customers seeking an upgradable fare must instead book Flex, which is a substantially higher price (35-45% higher). Additionally, Air Canada will now bill you an extra $750 per leg to book the upgrade. My experience on June 8th was this. Pay extra for a Flex fare in order to upgrade. Upgrade not available, so I've paid extra $350 for the Flex fare to sit in a lower priced economy seat available at a cheaper price. An out and out rip-off. If I had received the upgrade, the extra costs for this leg would be $350 for the Flex fare class, plus $750 for the upgrade itself = $1100. Add to this a flight crew that were disengaged and robotic.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by John Frewen-Lord   (UK)

Flew a short flight YYZ to YOW on 29 June, in ERJ190. More room both width and legroom than on the BA 787 that I flew on from LHR. Attentive crew. Minimal snacks, but then it was less than an hour. Would fly again on the 190.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by David Tebbutt   (UK)

Very poor quality service for Canada's "National" carrier. My wife and I travelled economy class Heathrow-Toronto on 9/6/2014, Vancouver-Anchorage on 16/6/2014 (admittedly this route is now down-graded to their low-cistern carrier, Air Canada Rouge), and finally Vancouver-Heathrow on 25/6/2014. No problem with aircraft, but cabin crew appeared insufficiently trained in a number of aspects, incl. seat and window-blind positions for landing. Quality of food was appalling, especially the vegetarian option my wife had pre booked and which was served 20-30 minutes before main service -she had finished what little she could eat before mine had arrived! The crowning glory was the offer called "breakfast", served after 8 hours a 9-hour flight and consisted of a small rectangle of dry cake with tea or coffee. How have Candians allowed their nation carrier to drop standards to this degree?

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by K Lockie   (USA)

Cabin crew were ok. Ground crew were overwhelmed and just didn't care what happened. Connections agent did not use any information system to inform us that our flight in 20 minutes had already departed. In fact, our connection had been delayed 45 mins giving us adequate time to get to the gate. The connections agent directed us to stand on line for flight rebooking and for hotel accommodation. After 1 hour of waiting, all the Air Canada agents went home and told us to rebook ourselves. Its a long story, but almost every interaction with an Air Canada representative was poor.

Air Canada Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Collard   (Canada)

Victoria to Vancouver, 4 June 2014, a 20-minute flight aboard a new Dash8-Q400 connecting to Lufthansa. The Dash8 series has never been able to accommodate a full-sized carry-on bag in the passenger cabin, either in the overhead bin or under the seat in front. As a solution, AC has accepted full-sized carry-on bags aboard the Dash8-100, - 200, and -300 models by having passengers place their bags on a cart beside the airstairs when boarding, placed them in the baggage compartment as the last bags by the compartment door, and then put those bags on another cart at the foot of the airstairs for passengers to collect upon arrival. With its new Dash8-Q400s, Air Canada cannot do this, but it only announced that fact at the gate at Victoria, telling passengers that their full-sized carry- ons would be taken only as checked baggage to their final destination. Passengers were forced to take out from their carry-ons all the items essential to keep with them during their entire trip (laptops, prescription medications, anything breakable or valuable). My own carry-on is only two-thirds the standard full size and (just barely) fits under the seat in front, so I was able to keep it in my possession for my entire 16-hour journey. Travellers should avoid AC flights served by Dash8-Q400 aircraft unless they use smaller carry-on bags, not the standard full-sized ones. (As it was a 20-minute flight, it offered no food or entertainment.)

Air Canada Customer review :  2 July 2014 by J Edward   (Australia)

LHR to Toronto. Although I had originally seen a suitable flight schedule with Air Canada my travel agent organised for me to fly with Lufthansa as she said they were a more reputable airline. Turned out it was code share with Air Canada meaning no access to meal choice, no seat selection, and subsequently general anxiety about the booking. I got to the airport 3 hours before each time. At Heathrow I was patronised at the counter with 'everyone knows that showing up early does nothing anymore'. I was given a seat in the last row of the plane that only reclined slightly. No problem, I am an experienced traveller and although I was on the way to give one of the most important presentations of my life, I was able to relax and keep calm. At Toronto airport checking in for the Heathrow flight I had to queue a very long time and then was told there was no assigned seat for me. I went to Lufthansa to see if there was anything they could do for me. I asked why I could not check in online. They told me because the code was a Lufthansa code not recognised by Air Canada. They then told me that because I had bought a significantly cheaper fare (I hadn't) that I should expect to be treated like this. I did however notice that my class was Y which is usually on my boarding pass when I travel economy. Finally 30 minutes before the flight they called my name and had assigned my seat in the last row of the aircraft where I could not recline. This was the overnight flight from Toronto to Heathrow and I had to go back to work the next day. I was offered a choice of two meat based meals and had to refuse them as I am vegetarian. No seat choice, no meal choice. My advice is to give code share a miss. Lufthansa and Air Canada may well be partners but when you travel Air Canada as a Lufthansa customer you are bottom rung nobody who somehow deserves to be patronised by all.

Air Canada Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Stuart Reay   (Australia)

Flew from Vancouver to Toronto in business class on a brand new 777-300. It had the brand new business class and it was excellent. Great staggered layout and single seats are amazing for sole travellers. Very comfortable in lie flat position and new duvet and pillows great quality. Excellent meal service and lovely staff. Would love to fly on this again.