Singapore Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Good airline still"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Attentive crew. Helpful, friendly and proactive with drinks in the mid of the flight. Meal services were very smooth. Though I can see that many people are complaining about this airline, I don't see any problem. Though the flight was departed behind the schedule, I don't blame them as I believe it was not their mistake and no people love to delay a plane and crew wanted to go home on time too. They still provide menu card and hot towels before take off and landing. Meals were good and inflight entertainment is great. Amenities in the lavatory are sufficient and all economy passengers received an amenity pack with socks and toothbrush in it. Good airline still. My all time favourite.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownDecember 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are very shallow and flat"

Trip Verified | Having had an outbound journey with Singapore Airlines in business class, we came back in premium economy, and the difference could not be more stark! While the base spec of their premium economy offering appears on paper very similar to many others, we were very disappointed when comparing them to, for example, Virgin. The seats are among the most uncomfortable we had ever sat in, making the 13.5 hour flight to London from Singapore a real test of endurance. To put this into perspective, the economy seats we had on Singapore Airlines sister carrier Silk Air for an earlier connecting flight were exceptionally comfortable! The use of a solid centre divider between each pair of seats means you are hemmed in (they claim 19.5 inches width, but I think its more like 17!) and achieving any diagonal recline is very hard. The seats are also very shallow and flat, meaning that when reclining you start to slide off - not helped by a bizarre thigh support pop-out and ridiculous footrest, when don't work together well at all. The seat needs to be more bucket shaped to be in any way comortable, and a 2x3x2 format would help achieve a more premium feel. Legroom is also deceptively similar to economy. All in all, we were very disappointed, and given that at current prices, you can find upgrades to business class on LHR-SIN return for about 35-40% additional, we'd rather do that. We certainly won't fly Singapore Airlines premium economy again, but instead look to use business class and save on other areas of trips.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownNovember 2018

"It has wider seats"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The first time to fly on the A350-900 from Singapore to Munich. It has wider seats, wider tv monitor, more storage, has a socket for charging phones, comfortable headrest and with ergonomic design that your body seem to fit into the seat comfortably with extra space.
Aircraft TypeA350-900
Date FlownNovember 2018

"very uncomfortable, narrow"

Trip Verified | The premium economy class seats are very uncomfortable, narrow, pitch is not long and the reclining of 7 inches untrue. The seat may at best recline up to 5 inches only. The leg rest does not pop up sufficient to give any support. There were no dedicated toilets for Premium Economy. Staff from Economy class served Premium Economy as well. You can expect the service you are getting.
Aircraft TypeA350-900
Date FlownOctober 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"The A380 seats were comfy"

Not Verified | The A380 seats were comfy. It reclined back far enough so I wasn’t uncomfortable. The leg room was good for me (I am 5’2), might be a bit uncomfortable if you are way taller. There was a cushion on the top where the head lays, I loved that because I didn’t bring a neck pillow.
Aircraft TypeA380-800
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownMarch 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"prevents disturbing the passenger"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The rows of the seats on the Boeing 787-10 are not aligned anymore and it prevents disturbing the passenger on an aisle seat by another passenger on the other row section. The first airline I’ve experienced having this kind of seat arrangement. Innovative.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-10
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownAugust 2018

"comfortable and clean"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Singapore. I was excited to be able to finally fly on an A380 and Singapore Airlines, and at the same time. When I was offered the option to upgrade at the airport (for a price) to Premium Economy I did so without hesitation. I found the A380 to be comfortable and clean. However I felt the cabin crew seemed to do just the minimum possible. I felt that nothing that wasn't offered to the Economy passenger was offered to our cabin. To their credit, when we arrived late for the connecting flight to LA the hotel and new boarding pass were ready and waiting.
Aircraft TypeA380
Date FlownMay 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"seat had not much recline"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | The A330 seat width was limited which makes it hard for me to put my personal belongings under the seat. The seat had not much recline in my personal view, but overall it is still an excellent airline with nice cabin crews and inflight entertainment.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Date FlownFebruary 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"we were very disappointed"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Singapore. Because of the long traveling we decided to spend extra money and chose to book the premium economy seats. We were looking forward to a comfortable flight in premium economy. However we were very disappointed. The seats are not that extra comfortable comparing to the economy seats, not much leg room, the leg rest not functional at all. We got the same food as the economy and the same service. Nothing special at all. But worst of all was the attitude of the crew. The were cranky and not friendly at all. I haven’t seen a smile of one of them. We asked for water and had to ask twice again, before we got some water. After the stop in Singapore we flew on with Air New Zealand, also premium economy, and we were suprised about the difference. A welcoming and friendly crew who offered us a drink at boarding. The seats were very comfortable, and the food was excellent. We had a very pleasant flight. In the past I was always happy to fly with Singapore airlines, but I think they are not that good anymore. I Will not book a flight with them anymore. I wonder why we had to pay so much more extra money for nothing special. Never again.
Aircraft TypeA350
Date FlownJanuary 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"The seats are comfortable"

Verified Review | Three class configuration aircraft, I sat in Economy for the SIN-CGK route. This is a popular route, and I usually prefer to sit at the back (the configuration at the 2 last rows at the back are 2-3-2); where I get to get served first - and alight later. Yes, it would get a bit noisy at the back but for 1.5 hour trip with good inflight entertainment this is bearable. The seats are comfortable but entertainment system depends on the airline type; SQ uses some really old 777 for this route and in the past their entertainment system had issues. The older the plane, the lesser selections there are in the entertainment system; and the resolution of the screen also becomes not as clear.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200