Frontier Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the seats do not recline"

Trip Verified | The savings is not worth it!!! Pay a little extra. The only good thing was Walking up to the front counter but after that the line to get through security was a mile long it wrapped around the front part of where you check in. It was worse than a Disney line. I almost missed the flight and I was there 2hrs ahead as suggested. I am now on the plane and the seats do not recline and are hard seats with barely any padding. The tray table is the size of a mini ipad. But the flight attendants are very polite.
Date FlownApril 2019

"met my expectations"

Not Verified | Well, I'm 6' tall, 220#, medium build (I guess). I could have used 2" or more leg room and a couple more inches in width. Mostly more padding and a few more degrees tilt back on the seat would have been welcome. Having a lot of experience sitting stock still in a tree stand certainly helped. The flight was about 1hr 40min - I wouldn't want to do much more. You get what you pay for, so I'm not too put out - met my expectations and got us home. I would pay more for more comfort. I was really impressed with the A320.
Date FlownApril 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"not worth the discomfort"

Trip Verified | Average male yet my shoulders extend beyond the width of my seat. Poor cushioning, little legroom, no reclining, no lumbar support for 4+ hour flights. Once a loyal Frontier flyer, no longer. The small savings is not worth the discomfort.
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Lots of leg space"

Trip Verified | I sat in 5C a window seat. The seat is great. Lots of leg space and plenty of room for a personal bag. I paid $45.00 for the seat. The row in front of me was $45.00 as well but there is a wall right in front of the seats. The lavatory is also one row away. Behind the wall is where the flight attendants congregate, so not only are you faced with the wall you also have to hear their conversations. So select the second row. The ride was great back and forth with no problems. No free food except a glass of water. No tv either.
Seat Layout3X3
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"terribly uncomfortable"

Not Verified | Seats were terribly uncomfortable. Legroom was awful. Only positive was that the seats don’t recline. As a 6 foot plus person, if the person in front of me reclines, my knees are crushed, so non-reclineable seats were refreshing.
Aircraft TypeA319

"Terrible terrible seats"

Not Verified | Terrible terrible seats. They were hard as a rock and very narrow. I am short (I'm only about 5' tall) and my knees were almost bumping the seat in front of me. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get my personal item under the seat in front of me. Not because it was too big, but because my legs were so close to the seat in front of me, I couldn't fit the bag between my seat and the one in front at an angle to get it in. Fortunately, the lady next to me saw my problem and figured out that she had an angle so she could get my bag beneath my seat. The lady next to her had a lap child who was rather tall but very thin. He could barely stand between the seats. Good thing I didn't have to get out to go to the bathroom during the flight. It would have taken a contortionist to get out. IN case of an emergency, forget about it. It was so bad that for my return flight, I'm considering flying a different airline even though it will cost quite a bit more. Yes I could pay for the "stretchy" seats but I hate the extortion to get you to pay for a decent seat.
Seat Storage 12345

"stuck at a weird angle"

Not Verified | Horrible seats. As others have stated, not only do they not recline at all, they are stuck at a weird angle that made it such that my back was aching terribly after a 2-Hour flight and I do NOT have a bad back! They are also padded very little - reminiscent of hard plastic baseball stadium seats that you unfold to sit in. Avoid! I cannot conceive of flying this airline fur a long-haul flight. I would need traction for my back after landing!

"seats did not recline"

Not Verified | First we had to deplane so they could change nose tires. An hour later of standing we got back on the plane. The seats did not recline, the seats were hard as rocks. Never will fly them again with my bad back. The plane home had one lavatory closed. Worst flight ever in my life. I will never fly them again, even though they gave us a measly $25 toward a future flight.
Date FlownMay 2018

"hard seats, no recline"

Trip Verified | The seats were painful. No lumbar support, hard seats, no recline, and small tray. Also if you happen to have three seats in a row that are not taken, you can’t move the arms of the seat upward; they are fixed. Because of my discomfort and hurt back, I’ll never fly Frontier again.
Date FlownMay 2018

"Absolutely awful experience"

Trip Verified | Absolutely awful experience. All the other reviews say it all so no need to say it again. Just know they are truly the most uncomfortable way to travel, let alone fly. I fly a lot and never have I been knocked in the head by luggage so many times and having people not even apologize. If I wasn't careful, I felt like they would have trampled me. I used to fly Frontier a long time ago and went back as I was not traveling on business this time and never had a bad experience before and the fare was cheap.
Aircraft TypeA321