Etihad Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Great lie flat seat "

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Great lie flat seat with great food. Seat is comfortable and good in flight amenities. The business class offering is one of the best I have flown yet.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"felt a little crammed"

Trip Verified | Seat back features a large IFE touch screen, and a small remote with its own screen. Both screens can use the full IFE feature set. Touch screens are reactive and precise, system reacts pretty fast. IFE has an okay movie selection in many languages. Moving map is rather basic, just showing flight an some detail degree. Outward cameras are available, cockpit/front view, tail view and downwards. USB plug with power is available, headphones go into seatback. IFE is used to show quite a bit of advertising. Seatback pocket is spacious, two additional netted pockets for things like passport or phone are available, very practical. No footrest. Legroom is spacious, no entertainment box crap. Seat has a fixed curved headrest on either left or right side, other side is flexible, good. Found the seat to be actually pretty hard and uncomfortable after a while. Actual seats surface is quite long, so for a tall person, getting feet comfortably under seat front is an issue. Second button in the armrest is for a small, pump based lumbago support in the seatback, nice idea, but does not do very much. Seat recline is okay. Seat width appeared not too wide for me, felt a little crammed. Luggage racks are standard.
Date FlownJanuary 2020
Seat Storage 12345

"able to get comfortable in the seat"

Trip Verified | Flew Abu Dhabi to Bangkok on 21/09/19. Flight time 6hrs 40mins. Picked 44 H/K as these were the last two seats on the plane and were a pair rather than 3 in a row. We knew the seats might have slightly less recline due to the bulkhead behind them but in reality this was OK. What we didn't realise was that these two seats had about an inch less legroom than the other seats in front. This wasn't a problem though even though I'm 6'2" and I was able to get comfortable in the seat. Prior to travelling we'd read a number of negative reviews regarding Etihad on both this site and SeatGuru. However, I have to say that our experience on this and our other flights was in total contrast to most of the reviews. My only criticism is that the seats are a little bit hard but not enough to complain about and every other aspect of the flight was really good. Cabin crew were excellent, very friendly, attentive and efficient, meals were very good, in fact some of the best that we've had and the drinks service was efficient and generous. Infotainment system was good and the flight passed quickly and pleasantly. We've flown with Emirates, Qatar,Singapore, Cathay and BA and our experience with Etihad was just as good, better than BA.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787 -10
Date FlownOctober 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"no problems with legroom or seat width"

Trip Verified | Flew Abu Dhabi to Manchester on 12/10/19. Writing this review as after 4 flights with Etihad in 3 weeks our experience has been very positive which appears to be in contrast to many reviews. Having read the reviews we were rather worried when we set off but by the time we took this, our 4th flight we were totally relaxed and actually looking forward to our flight. I'm 6'2" and 12st and found no problems with either the legroom or the seat width. The seat cushions are a little hard but this was no problem during our 7hr 40min flight. Cabin crew were really good, very efficient, friendly and attentive. They were generous with their drinks service, which came round twice before our meal and the food which followed was very good - some of the best we've had. We've flown with Emirates, Qatar, Singapore, Cathay Pacific and BA airlines and Etihad were equally as good as the first four and better than BA We'd not hesitate to fly with Etihad again.
Date FlownOctober 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"There was enough leg room"

Trip Verified | Paris to Delhi flight was very smooth, we had A380 and then Boeing 787. There was enough leg room in the Economy Class (I'm 1.80m tall), I had a very comfortable flight. The food was enough and ok, but I was not asking much, it is not a restaurant. There was no delay on the outbound trip, and the connection at Abu Dhabi was easy. On the way back, the flight from Delhi was delayed with 3 hours, due to a technical problem. We were sure to miss our connection so we asked the Etihad crew and they said that Etihad would take care of us in Abu Dhabi, without knowing much. As soon as we entered the Abu Dabhi airport, an Etihad crew member was waiting for us with new boarding passes for the next flight to Paris, and a voucher for a hotel room. Chauffeur service and meals (which were excellent) were included. Again, everything went smooth. We were very happy about the way Etihad managed this delay.
Date FlownAugust 2019

"a really poor design"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Paris, the problem is the discomfort of their A380 Business Class Studio seat design, particularly for tall people over 5ft 10; ( I am 6 ft,about 180 cm). The base seat is quite thin and hard and far too small both in width and depth. If you are sitting in the upright (non-reclined position) the front edge of the seat cuts into the underside of your thigh restricts blood circulation and eventuality becomes quite painful. As other passengers have also commented about these seats I ended up having to use the blanket to pad the seat and wrap it around the forward seat edge to lessen its cutting into my thigh. In the fully reclined position the flat bed is not long enough for people of my height so I have to settle for it semi reclines with my feet resting on something placed on the floor. This was not just a problem on the A380, I had the same sort of seat and same discomfort on the smaller planes operated to Hong Kong. The recline mechanism is also annoying because you are unable to recline the seat back only. As soon as it goes beyond about two inches the seat base also starts moving forward and then then is insufficient space for your legs to stretch out. The "hardness adjustment" on the seat is also almost completely useless. Its a really poor design.
Date FlownAugust 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"leg room was sufficient."

Not Verified | I am 5'10" and for me the leg room was sufficient. The color and design used for the seats looks just terrible as it ages. The infotainment screen locks are broken, so they rest at such angle, that it becomes black and you cannot see anything. There were no sick bags on any seats. The charging usb also didn't work on both flights
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownJune 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"pleasantly surprised by the space"

Trip Verified | I paid for the economy space seat on my Boeing 777 flight from Dublin to Abu Dhabi. Etihad had a economy space section and I was pleasantly surprised by the space the seating offered (not so much by the food options), however it did seem value for money to me. If you are booking a long haul flight, seems to be a good option.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownJune 2019

"cramped and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | I did not like the seats on Etihad's Boeing 787. Even though the aircraft was relatively new, I felt cramped and uncomfortable while sitting on them. Even worse, there was a stain on my seat, it seams to be from red wine. I would've hoped that they would have tried to removed it, especially since I was flying business class!
Date FlownDecember 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"found seat legroom to be tighter"

Trip Verified | I found the seat legroom to be tighter than other airlines but the seat pitch was OK. In-flight entertainment worked fine this time but the cleanliness of the seat pop-out table was not good. When I went to reach out for the safety card I found empty sweet wrappers inside the seat pocket. The cleaners should have done a better job.
Date FlownApril 2019