Etihad Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"cramped with little to no space"

Etihad 10 across seats in economy is a disaster. Cramped with little to no space on board. Prepare to be squeezed into the smallest economy seat ever! I flew on Bangkok Airways 2 days later to Siem Reap and they had a lot more legroom in their standard economy seats on an A320. I'm going to be switching away from Etihad despite just becoming a silver card Etihad guest member - I cannot fly comfortably in economy (for reference I'm not over weight or tall!)
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300ER
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"legroom in this aircraft is a disgrace"

(Cyprus)

The legroom in this aircraft is a disgrace considering Etihad advertise comfort and show aircraft leg room in economy as roomy. This is not the case - I am not a tall person and found it to be extremely uncomfortable especially on a near 14 hour flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi. When the person in front puts their seat back there is not enough space to see tv screen or have tray out for drinks or food and in my case when seat in front was put back with such force my drink tipped over.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"conditions are simply awful"

How do they get away with having 10 seats across in Economy cabin? Normally fly BA Qantas or Singapore Airlines but the bargain fare offered by Etihad out of UK attracted me. Now I know why they are cheap (cheaper than Emirates or Qatar as well) - the conditions are simply awful and the cabin is just cramped and claustrophobic. Anyone else that may be tempted by their bargain basement fares - please think about what you might get - its not good and pay a little more for a better airline. They endlessly plug an award at Etihad and on close inspection it seems that Abu Dhabi oil dollars might be more important than merit!

"I was so squashed"

The Boeing 777 seats from Kathmandu to Abu Dhabi are so cramped. When the lady in front put her seat back I had to ask for her to kindly put it back up as I was so squashed. Etihad have obviously cut back on seat space as well as no drinks service. An awful uncomfortable flight with crew who do not care.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"had to sit on two cushions"

I was sat in the rear half of Economy in an exit seat which had extra legroom. Seat was comfy but the bottom was hard and had to sit on two cushions. These seats are thinner than normal seats. Good recline and good adjusting headrest. Middle 4 seats don't all have movable armrests the middle one stays put so you can't lay down.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-600
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"has the worst seating available"

Chicago to Abu Dhabi and then Abu Dhabi to Kathmandu. I have flown Qatar and Gulf Air many times but this Etihad Airlines has the worst seating available. I am petite and even for me it was very uncomfortable for the whole flight. Even though the airfare is cheap you will really suffer.

"way below expectations"

While the upholstery in economy and beige colors are new the seat pitch was terrible and way below expectations. The only saving grace was that the rest of the seats in my middle section (I moved to from a left side aisle seat with someone next to me) were empty. If I was not able to move it would have been miserable.
Aircraft TypeAirbus A340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"get ready for pain and suffering"

The 3x4x3 lay out is just so bad it's untrue. If you have a full flight like I did on my AUH-BKK-AUH legs then get ready for pain and suffering!! The seats have so little width that you end up hanging out into the aisle with your back twisted. It also makes you fair game to me smashed into again and again with drinks/food carts. Avoid Etihad and any other airline using this B777 layout (that includes Emirates!).
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat pitch was disappointing"

(Norway)

Seat pitch was disappointing after all the boasting on the airline website - little or no better than European short haul carriers even with all the mags removed to try and maximise legroom. Agree that the footrest is always in the way up or down.
Aircraft TypeA340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"feels more like a budget carrier"

Seat pitch feels more like a budget carrier e.g. Easy Jet with 29" pitch. My wife is vegetarian and booked the special meal on booking the tickets but never received a special meal on the outbound flight. We even confirmed before we flew but the cabin staff had no record. The flight from Bangkok to Abu was freezing! I don't normally complain but my wife suffers from the cold. I had 3 Italian guys sat opposite me wearing fleeces and woolly hats! Nothing was ever done by the cabin staff even after asking 3 times. Book with another airline and save yourself the hassle!
Aircraft TypeA340