Split Airport

Split Airport customer review

Not Verified | Was here yesterday, waited 45 mins in a queue of 10 people to get checked in then once we got through security and then passport control it was like a cattle market, no air con, no available seats with everybody sitting everywhere on the bins, stairs, floor etc.. No management of flight queues, TV blasting whilst music is also playing in the background whilst announcements were also being made which no one could hear, long queues for the 2 cafes to just get the essential water. It was fine to fly into, but flying back out was a disaster, the only positive was whilst boarding the plane to leave we could see building works going on, which I hope is an extension to the airport, we usually fly into Zadar where there has never been a problem.

"A total disaster"

Not Verified | A total disaster. Not enough space, cannot cope with the number of passengers. Needs urgent renovation. You can’t buy water in shops but have to wait for at least 30 minutes to buy a drink in a cafe (there are only two cafes and they cannot cope). Water must be available! Airport cafes’ sales should not be protected at the expense (suffering) of customers. I fly frequently and this must be one of the worst airports.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"it was a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Arrived at airport one and a half hours before a scheduled 1 hour domestic flight to Zagreb. We were directed to a external baggage check in outside main airport building. We were then directed straight into security check through a rediculous zig zag maze where our water was taken from us which we understood. The problem was that the only vending machine to dispense water once in the tiny waiting lounge was not working. The seating in the waiting lounge was very limited. We had a delay of 2 hours for our short flight to Zagreb it appeared the international departures were being given priority. Several people on our flight missed international connections from Zagreb. Flight information and updates were virtually non existent and when anouncements we made it was very difficult to hear. There were no meaningful apologies and it was a case of "To bad so sad". Overall it was a terrible experience that we will try to avoid in the future. We even had hand luggage check in on the runway that then was placed in baggage hold. Airport extentions are being built at present which are well overdue which may take the airport outside the third world status.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Desperately needs a renovation"

Not Verified | Desperately needs a renovation and about 5x more space to provide any kind of experience above horrible. Transit time 3 hours and there is literally nowhere to stand! No excuse for such a popular location.
Date VisitJune 2018

"cannot handle the number of flights"

Trip Verified | Sitting in over crowded departure lounge wishing I had reviewed it first and not got here early. Experienced awful Greek airports before the EU upgraded them. This is as bad. People on stairs, all over the floor - and no flight delays. It just cannot handle the number of flights. Chaos!
Date VisitJune 2018

"the worst civilian airport"

Not Verified | This is easily the worst civilian airport I've ever flown from. Ive flown from military airbases that had better facilities. We arrived to a departure lounge so full of people, that there were more families sat on the floor and stairs than on seats. Customer service is shocking. The staff are surly at best and have a demeanour that suggests it is an inconvenience to serve you. Not that there is much to buy but a few premade sandwiches and junk food. Airport staff run the boarding gates not the airlines, so you cannot take advantage of speedy boarding and forget about children getting to the front. With so many people in a small area, it was absolutely sweltering. And even in a packed hot departure lounge they still closed one of the two shops selling water at bang on 2130hrs. This is right at the beginning of the season. I would hate to experience this at peak times. It is enough to put me off ever returning to Croatia.
Date VisitJune 2018

"the worst in terms of service"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | An airport can be small, it can be because of the fact the country isn’t considered developed, that the airport be lagging behind big cities, but Split Airport is the worst in terms of service. There’s none to speak of at the departure hall, which is the place that tourists have as a last impression before boarding the plane. In particular, the business lounge has no service. The old man at the reception struggled to scan the electronic boarding pass before telling me I cannot use the lounge because I must show him my frequent flyer card. There are 2 key problems with this. First, the boarding pass states my membership. Second, he refused to help even after my explanation that in Dubrovnik or anywhere else in the world, I never had to show my frequent flyer card. Then I went to the information counter to ask for some assistance and the girl at the counter just shrugged her shoulders and said there’s nothing I can do. I have a few questions. 1) Why is it that I need to show my card when it states on my boarding pass and when in so many other cities, including Dubrovnik, I just showed my boarding pass? Because the lounge is more secure than customs? 2) Whatever lame reason there is behind this, shouldn’t it be such that members aren’t inconvenienced? If not, what’s the membership for? 3) If this is the standard of the airport, then it really begs the question if this is the kind of tourism in Croatia is offering given that this is a tourist’s last impression of the place before leaving.
Date VisitMay 2018

"lack of seating"

Not Verified | Overcrowded, lack of seating, long queues for toilets, two kiosks selling drinks and food. No price list, over priced. Better going thru security at the last possible time, spend time on the lower level. Would avoid this airport for Croatia in future.
Date VisitMay 2018

"amazing service"

Unverified | Seen a few negative reviews on here, we used Split for the first time last week. Arrival was fine apart from being hassled by taxi drivers after our business. On departure I had a pulled muscle in my shoulder so enquired at check in as to whether there was a pharmacy beyond check in. The very helpful check in girl said there was not but that they had a doctor that would bring something down. 5 minutes later a very pleasant doctor came down with painkillers free of charge, amazing service! We thought the departure lounge was great, not that busy and the duty free and cafe/draught beer were directly opposite our departure seating! All in all very happy with the airport and the Croatia Airlines flight home was superb with free snacks and drink and on time.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"an okay airport"

Unverified | Very small airport based similarly to Luton/Stansted. Very crowded so I was unable to take a seat at my gate, which was quite awful for me as I stand up a lot at airports. Very kind staff, relatively clean toilets. Security is sonic mode all the time. Passport check is quick too. Overall, an okay airport.
Date VisitAugust 2017