Sharm El Sheikh Airport

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Departure marginally worse than arrival. Waited almost an hour for luggage to appear and told several different carousel numbers. large numbers waiting to get visa's and through passport control. On departure long wait at check in duty free shop and departure gate. No seats available filthy toilets. Never want to repeat this experience.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

I travelled through this airport going to Newcastle on a charter flight - just about the worst airport I have had the misfortune to use. The crowds to pass through security checkin passport control are disgraceful and you don't have hope of getting a seat in the terminal or cattle market as it can be described. The cost of food and a drink is also outrageous use this airport at your peril.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Seems to be the luck of the draw and mainly down to what time you arrive. On arrival we were though the visa purchase and passport checks within 5 minutes. By that time our baggage was on the carousel. It took about 10 minutes to get out of the terminal. Departure not as quick but nothing to moan about. Certainly no worse than some British airports I've been to. The baggage boys and toilet paper sellers seem to have disappeared when we were there however.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Travelled through terminal 2 - a living nightmare. First queue outside airport to get into terminal - 45 minutes 2nd queue to check in bags 45 minutes 3rd queue Passport Control 45 minutes totally disorganised and a free for all. Once through to Duty Free shelves empty sample perfume bottles empty and then another queue to pay for purchases. 20 minutes queue for toilets Mens toilets had to be opened for women and they were an absolute disgrace. Nobody seems to take ownership or charge of anything. We wont be back and from listening to most of the people beside us they wont be back either. Management get your act together. The worst airport I have had the misfortune to visit never again.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Travelled through Terminal 1 today and found it to be an overall pleasant experience I've been in the country for 2 months and find it disgraceful that people complain about giving a tip for a trolley being brought to me for my bags and such for my friends 5LE? Thats 50 pence hardly worth losing any sleep over the security staff were prompt and polite the check in staff friendly and polite departure staff prompt and polite. Toilets were clean a 50Pi tip was given (5 pence). Floors were clean plenty of seating.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

I have also recently suffered the torment of terminal 2 at Sharm - utter chaos both arriving and departing. On a Thursday afternoon around 15 flights arrive and depart from/to the uk within the space of 2 hours and the facilities simply cannot cope. The departure lounge is heaving with nowhere to sit little to eat or drink and appalling toilets. A real shame as Sharm itself is excellent for a holiday.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Terminal 2 at this airport (the one used for most tourists) has been upgraded since our last visit a year ago. Unfortunately it is still an unremitting hell hole and is unworthy of a nation who say they regard tourism as important. Airport staff are officious unfriendly and downright rude the toilet facilities are appalling and dirty and every shop and stall treats its customer with utter contempt. The only food and drink available is of very poor quality and is priced at a level which would be a joke anywhere else. As an example I paid 4 pounds sterling for a cheese sandwich that had been made the previous day according to the label and was packed in a non-airtight card box. Consequently the bread was dry stale and inedible. I drew the line at paying £3.70 for a Kit Kat and left this at the till. This airport takes a very cynical view of its customers and makes no attempt to provide any form of customer service. Instead it wastes no opportunity to rip off the captive market in a way that I have never seen at any other airport (and I have seen quite a few). I would urge passengers to boycott all facilities within the airport and take in your own food and drink. (Incidentally you are allowed to take liquids of up to one litre capacity through security as opposed to the 100ml rule in UK airports.)

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

I think this airport is now a tale of two terminals. The new terminal which opened earlier this year (now called Terminal 1) is light and airy with plenty of space and is clean and well airconditioned. I used the terminal last week to fly internally to Luxor on Egyptair and everything was clean and tidy. BA and other scheduled airlines (as well as charter flights to Moscow) use the new terminal. On the other side of the coin I flew in and out of Sharm on Monarch and like other European charter airlines they come in and out of the old terminal (now called Terminal 2). On Sunday afternoon it was a bun fight with appallingly insufficient numbers of seats for the passengers hoping to depart no semblance of a non-smoking area toilets which were pretty foul and very limited catering facilities. Spent two hours sitting on the floor reading a book while waiting for the flight. The additional money to fly BA might be worth it to use the nice terminal and avoid pins and needles. Given that it is a tale of two terminals I would have to give the airport 3 stars as being half good and half ordinary.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

On arrival we went to a plush clean air conditioned building and passed through immigration with a few Egyptian bureaucracy problems. At departures the security was as good as or better than Gatwick. Check in was smooth and the waiting area was spacious air conditioned and clean. Toilets were clean and maintained. There were no “porters” looking for baggage tips in arrivals or departures. I would have no worries about using this airport in future.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

We have just came back from Sharm and had the most horrific airport experience in our life! There is no non-smoking area. People smoke everywhere considering it is an airconditioned room! The female toilet is disgusting. There is a cleaner inside but all she does is giving out tissue paper and you must pay for every tissue that she gives you! The price of foods inside the airport are too expensive. A can of coke for £2.0 crisp for £2.50 and a small toblerone for £2.0! The flight announcer is more confused than the travellers.