Sharm El Sheikh Airport

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

This airport is the worst airport I have ever travelled through. It lets Sharm El Sheikh down badly. It is chaotic the staff are rude and obnoxious tutting clicking their fingers at you shouting and pushing you around from queue to queue. As for the security checks - and I appreciate the need for security checks - why have so many? creating one bottleneck after another is a joke - it's hell on earth this place. It has totally put me off returning to Sharm ever again and that's a shame as we loved the hotel we stayed in.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

What a shambolic airport Sharm El Sheikh is. Dis-organised from the start but not too bad of a finish. When we had arrived our luggage was on a conveyor belt which was not publicised - it was like "guess the conveyor belt". Then as we went to have our Passport checked on arrival the queues were so all over the place two going into one! Then as you don't need a Visa for Sharm El Sheikh the Visa boards were conning people and mis-leading people into getting one. You don't need to purchase a visa for Sharm South Sinai Cairo yes! The transfer part was shambolic but not the airports fault. On departing Sharm pretty straight forward but a good 3 security checks and jobsworth staff who think they are actually Egypt itself with high authority. Too many Airport officials. The announcements were actually in English majority of the time toilets I did not feel safe as the attendant asked me if I was English and felt I was being watched then expected money off me. The Duty Free is closed for renovations so no Duty Free whatsoever. Smoking areas are designated but with no secure roof meaning smoke will travel so it is not really a smoking area is it? I will go again but I won't be looking forward to my SSH arrival!

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

This has to be the worst airport I've been through totally staffed by jobsworths who seem to make rules up as they go along and sit and watch whilst dozens of passengers queue up at the 20 or so desks when only 3 of them were staffed. It took 1 hour 45 minutes from arriving to reaching the departure area (I'm not calling it a lounge) where the lady's loo was one step up from an open sewer. The thought of the return journey has totally put me off ever going through Sharm again.

(Egypt)

It is clean but no signs and most of the announcements are made in Arabic only. As for those who do not understand Arabic the man will be shouting stating the flight number in English. Or you may ask Egyptians for translation.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

This must be the most disgusting "International Airport" in the world. At all costs try and avoid the toilets as they are a health hazard. Overpriced food in the Departure lounge bad food at that! Very humid and uncomfortable 3 hour wait for our flight home we could not wait to get away as this airport departure lounge ruined the last day of our holiday. Will never go to this airport again unfortunately that means we will not return to Sharm.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Terminal 2 offered very poor facilities and the Duty Free shops were closed throughout the day without any explanation. The only hot food available was of a low standard and our meals were re-heated using a microwave. The overall service we received was the worst we have ever experienced in any airport.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Has to have the worst departure facilities of any "new" terminal. Our flight back was around 9pm on Friday night - check-in was fast security was ok even though there were multiple passport checks within feet of each other and they did not even look inside the passport - job for jobs sake. The departure lounge was just vile. The male toilets stank but at least no queue even though I was asked for money to get a paper towel to dry my hands by the toilet attendant on the other hand the female toilets had a massive queue and the smell which wafted out into the departure lounge was revolting. Truly disgusting. Duty Free - had 2 tills open and you could only pay in cash despite Visa signs so people were dumping their shopping then having to hand over their passport nip into arrivals get cash from ATM and then rejoin the massive queues - no receipts given and money just chucked into a box. Total sham - such as shame as this is one airport with plenty of seating. Avoid is possible - especially in the evening when its engulfed with Russian flights!

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

The most disgusting airport I have ever seen in my life. I would not let my child go to the toilet as it looked and smelt disease ridden. We complained about the filth to a worker and she told my sister to clean it if she doesn't like it. Tourists pump a lot of money in to this area so they really need to change things or they will lose their tourists which are their livelihood.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

This is the worst airport I have ever had the displeasure of having to use and I have been to many some little more than tin sheds. Having spent an amazing week on the Red Sea where the crew could not have been more helpful and polite the airport came as a real shock. The staff were extremely rude and surly especially in the shops and restaurants. The food snacks and drink were a rip off.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Travelling through SSH was ok on the way in but the queue to get through security on the way back was ridiculous. 3 booths to deal with over 300 people and an ever growing queue due to a Russian 747. You then queue to get past a man who wants to see the passport that was just shown to passport control not 5 metres before. Talk about inventing jobs for jobs sake. No screens showing which gates to use and poor announcements. Travelled through this airport 3 years ago and the only improvement is the new terminal building.