Sharm El Sheikh Airport

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Sharm is a typical 'Holiday resort' airport. Nothing fancy or flash. Plenty of seating and a few rather tacky souvenir shops. Bussed to waiting planes only a couple of hundred yards away. One man making all the tannoy announcements in broken English but very polite. Worst thing is that at one end of the waiting area is a large screened off Smoking area with TV screens and a bar. For some reason there is another unenclosed area at the other end of the terminal for nicotine addicts. It is foul and the smell permeates way beyond the designated area. Ideally there should be No Smoking at all but if there has to be then one enclosed area is more than enough!

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Arrived from Doncaster to Sharm el Sheikh on 29th March. We arrived about 7pm and the airport was very clean and we had no trouble with any of the staff. We departed on 12th April and again we were flying late at 8pm the airport had obviously been busy all day but toilets and other areas were fine and standards were ok. I would advise you have plenty of Egyptian pounds as they do accept English pounds or Euros but do rip you off with the exchange rate.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Sharm el Sheikh T1. Arrival at 4.30 am direct from Heathrow. No air bridges disembarked with old fashioned steps and then bussed to the terminal several hundred meters away. Newish and smart looking terminal building. Visa counter on left hand side after escalators but before immigration. Although British tourists staying for less than 14 days and not travelling outside Sinai do not need a visa this is only true if flying directly to and from Sharm. If connecting via Cairo you will need to purchase a visa. Immigration quick and efficient but we were the first arrival of the morning. Five luggage carousels the info screen with flight numbers on number 4 didn't work - this was the one our luggage appeared on. Luggage arrived pretty quickly. Outward journey early morning departure for Cairo even though it was just 5am queues built up quickly for security prior to check in. Check-in would have been quick other than the fact I hadn't purchased a visa. Embarkation a little chaotic as several flights left within about 20 minutes of each other all using just two gates.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

It is very depressing to see the same comments coming up on this site which indicates changes are not being made. The airport is pleasant in comparison with the old facilities 10 years ago but the malaise amongst some staff seems to be ingrained. Toilet facilities are not up to the job and are constantly blocked. The floors are filthy on the way out the young lad was pulling out paper towels from the dispenser in an effort to gain some sort of financial reward. I had a great holiday with good service the end of my holiday was tainted by this where I judged it more hygienic not to wash my hands and used my own wet wipe. This is not acceptable at an international airport.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Arrival not too bad no signs or help given just uniformed people shouting at you. Going home was a nightmare! They scan all of your luggage on arrival. No signs around so most of it is guess work as there is no one to ask. The ladies toilets were filthy blocked no soap and taps hanging of the walls. Duty Free is another joke we tried to get in and were shouted at that we could not take our bags in. Most of the shelves were empty and there are loads of staff milling around doing nothing. The departure gates are a nightmare none of them display the correct information. A lovely building that is staffed by rude inefficient staff so keep your wits about you!

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

I was impressed with the service we got a Sharm airport Terminal 2. Although I was travelling with an injured son to and from Sharm the staff were helpful and arranged things quickly and efficiently. I agree with the comments of others the standard of hygiene in the toilet facilities is horrendous. That aside I would use the airport again as the staff were so nice and friendly I'll just make sure I don't use the facilities again.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

The ladies toilets were really disgusting. Every toilet was blocked and the smell was awful. The soap dispenser was ripped off the wall. Furthermore there was no soap. The perfect situation for gastro-enteritis. My granddaughter travelled through the same airport a few weeks previously they had a delay of seven hours and she had the same problem even worse for her having to make more use of it due to the delay. So it appears that this is usual. Considering that this airport is modern there is no excuse for such filthy conditions. I did observe a 'cleaning' woman with a mop bucket nearby she was just seated and doing nothing.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Flew into terminal 1 and out of terminal 2. On arrival we were slightly delayed getting a stand but once off the plane we were through customs in minutes and our bags had arrived within 20 minutes of getting to the carousel. The airport was clean and staff polite. On the way back it took around 40 minutes from arrival to sitting in the departure lounge with a glass of wine. The airport is quite modern and clean and there were plenty of places to get food and drink and plenty of seating. The toilets do let them down. Delays at Manchester for immigration and baggage are much worse.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Was lucky in that I flew from Cairo to Sharm business class so no queues for the visa desk or wait on carousel as we just had carry on bags for weekend. However the return check in was a joke - we had electronic tickets and as such you only need to show your passport - not here or in Cairo however as they insist on paper confirmation. After a suitable crazy exchange with security guard he allowed us through and check in fine. Was given voucher for business lounge which was in fact seats in a separate part of seating area of departure lounge and food drink from common cafe counter who refused to give 3 of us free drink and food to us as they say only one voucher so only one of each even though voucher said 3 persons on it. You have same visa problems in any Egyptian airport when entering country - no system exists. Thursday night is worst as it starts local weekend and all locals go home early and don't work late.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

A word of advice. don't arrive on a thursday evening as this place descends into utter chaos. We arrived at the same time as around 10 other flights landed. We went to the visa desk & then tried to negotiate passport control. The place was just heaving with people not instructed on what to do or where to go. A little taped barrier was erected to try and stop the utter chaos that was happening. It took 2 hours to get through this mess. There was no baggage belt displayed for my flight so spent another 30 mins looking for my luggage. Coming back was not so bad. We nearly missed our flight as the gate we were supposed to leave from did not display our flight. Eventually we heard people shouting our flight then eventually announced it through the tannoy.