Sharm El Sheikh Airport

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Including getting the visa we were through the airport in about 25 minutes from landing to getting into our coach. The staff were very friendly and polite and beat quite a lot of other airports I have been through. Just one word of warning for the smokers! Whilst waiting for the luggage I spied a door to the outside world and went through it for a cig leaving my daughter to watch for the cases. I wasn't allowed back in. A lot of people were kicking off about it but when you think about it - if you left the baggage collection area at Manchester went outside then tried to get back in you wouldn't be able to. So my feelings are - just go with the flow don't fret about the airport and enjoy your holiday!

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

From reading previous reviews I can only think it is luck or the day you travel. We arrived 9pm Sunday and departed 5pm Wed. Avoid Thursdays if possible as it is known locally as 'crazy Thursday' with 25 UK flights alone. Arrival experience was 10 mins max from leaving plane to getting into car including getting a visa! No queues or crowds. All thanks to the swift service of Sylvia Tours guide. Departure experience also swift check-in passport and security. Duty free and departure gates not crowded. No hassle. Toilets not brilliant several loos out of order but have seen much worse in UK. Asked by Ministry of Tourism rep to fill in a long questionnaire which we did so they are trying to put things right.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Arrival was lots of shouting and pushing around. Departure very overcrowded both before and after security. Go into the departure lounge all seats taken and people all sat on the floor - didnt end up buying any duty free as far too cramped. The toilets had no loo roll and not very clean and the departure boards were showing the wrong information (flights showing as left when they hadn't).

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Just arrived back from Sharm El Sheikh and found the airport a very pleasant experience going in and coming out. The airport staff were very niceand we had no trouble getting a seat in departure.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Departure marginally worse than arrival. Waited almost an hour for luggage to appear and told several different carousel numbers. large numbers waiting to get visa's and through passport control. On departure long wait at check in duty free shop and departure gate. No seats available filthy toilets. Never want to repeat this experience.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

I travelled through this airport going to Newcastle on a charter flight - just about the worst airport I have had the misfortune to use. The crowds to pass through security checkin passport control are disgraceful and you don't have hope of getting a seat in the terminal or cattle market as it can be described. The cost of food and a drink is also outrageous use this airport at your peril.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Seems to be the luck of the draw and mainly down to what time you arrive. On arrival we were though the visa purchase and passport checks within 5 minutes. By that time our baggage was on the carousel. It took about 10 minutes to get out of the terminal. Departure not as quick but nothing to moan about. Certainly no worse than some British airports I've been to. The baggage boys and toilet paper sellers seem to have disappeared when we were there however.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Travelled through terminal 2 - a living nightmare. First queue outside airport to get into terminal - 45 minutes 2nd queue to check in bags 45 minutes 3rd queue Passport Control 45 minutes totally disorganised and a free for all. Once through to Duty Free shelves empty sample perfume bottles empty and then another queue to pay for purchases. 20 minutes queue for toilets Mens toilets had to be opened for women and they were an absolute disgrace. Nobody seems to take ownership or charge of anything. We wont be back and from listening to most of the people beside us they wont be back either. Management get your act together. The worst airport I have had the misfortune to visit never again.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

Travelled through Terminal 1 today and found it to be an overall pleasant experience I've been in the country for 2 months and find it disgraceful that people complain about giving a tip for a trolley being brought to me for my bags and such for my friends 5LE? Thats 50 pence hardly worth losing any sleep over the security staff were prompt and polite the check in staff friendly and polite departure staff prompt and polite. Toilets were clean a 50Pi tip was given (5 pence). Floors were clean plenty of seating.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport customer review

I have also recently suffered the torment of terminal 2 at Sharm - utter chaos both arriving and departing. On a Thursday afternoon around 15 flights arrive and depart from/to the uk within the space of 2 hours and the facilities simply cannot cope. The departure lounge is heaving with nowhere to sit little to eat or drink and appalling toilets. A real shame as Sharm itself is excellent for a holiday.