Paris CDG Airport

"general signage is confusing"

Not Verified | Overall this is the worst airport I have ever experienced. The international flight concourse has very limited and very poor quality food and drink options available. The general signage is confusing compared to the other European airports I have visited. They are far more interested in selling duty free products rather than the normal items that travelers need such as water, coffee and decent food. Even to find a store that sells technology items was impossible to find which is out of touch with today’s travel needs. Avoid this airport at all costs.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"worst airport in Europe"

Not Verified | Easily the worst airport in Europe! Had 20+ flights from CDG arriving and departing and lucky if 2 have been on time. Also the majority of staff are just plain rude and ignorant, gladly never step foot in the place again if it wasn't necessary for work. Organisation is awful and communication also brutal, be lucky to be told your flight is delayed 1 hour minimum 10 mins before boarding due! A disgrace of an airport
Date VisitAugust 2019

"it was one issue after another"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience ever. From the moment the taxi pulled up to the terminal until the moment we took off it was one issue after another. As there were no crossings we almost got run over getting to the terminal building. We then joined a long line for check in - waited more than 60 mins. The check in agent was meticulous in weighing and checking the dimensions of every bag and even though we were well under our allowance she had us move items from one piece of hand baggage to another. Unlike every other airport on earth CDG has shopping/eating prior to security. As there was no indication of the security wait time we skipped this and went straight to security. We almost got injured taking our roller bags on the weird moving pavements - they literally have hills! No surprise that security was completely disorganized. When we finally got through security there were no seats and few facilities. If you can - avoid Paris CDG or be prepared for long waits and complete incompetence.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"stressful and unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | After a lovely trip to Disneyland Paris I think we may have been sheltered with the friendliness of staff at the resort & in the transfer back to the airport I was thinking I’d love to return to Paris one day to explore the city more...until we arrived at the airport! The transfer was a little late anyway so we arrived later than expected but still had 1hr 50 mins before our flight & after a 20 minute walk to the check in desks, we had 50 mins before check in was due to close so we thought we should be ok. We were traveling with easyJet & to be fair I’m not sure if it’s the airline or the airport who are to blame here. We were travelling as a family with 2 young children & my elderly parents. My mother had a bag to check in so we waited in the incredibly long queue at the check in desk where at least 3 flights, possibly more were queuing with only 3 or 4 staff checking in at all times. After waiting in line for 30 mins (20 mins before closing & still an awful long long queue in front of us) we asked the lady at the entrance to the queue if we were ok for time as we still had to get through security, she said we still have time & we will be ok. 2 flights were then called forward & just as we finally got to the front our flight was also called forward as they were about to close. Our bag was a kilo overweight, they didn’t take cash at the desk so rather than having to go to the customer service desk to pay as we were pushed for time we had to pay by card for the extra charges, the check in lady then proceeded to ask to see my father who had been waiting somewhere else out of the line so I had to run to get him even though he had no checked bags! She then said she was going to hand write us a receipt for the overweight bag, I politely asked if we had to have a receipt as we were a bit pushed for time & we still had to get through security with my 2 young children, she stopped what she was doing & said we had to have one & had to just wait or we will not be going. Now with 10 mins until our gate closed I simply asked her if she could just get on with it then & she kept repeating we have to wait, we have to wait. It just seemed like she was deliberately being awkward and had no interest in helping us get to the gate on time. Thank goodness by the time she had finished writing the slowest receipt in the world the security queue wasn’t too bad so we were able to go straight through. Next boarder control where the police officer practically threw our passports back at us 1 by 1, started messing with his phone charger in the middle of checking our passports & didn’t say a word to us, another great example of customer service! We got to our gate just in time where French passengers just wondered into the queue wherever they wanted to & we were greeted by another very cheery member of staff & as we went through the gate, not even a crack of a smile. It all made this a very stressful & unpleasant experience & i would definitely be avoiding Charles De Gaulle airport wherever possible in the future! 2 out of 10 & that would go to the security as no credit for the easyjet staff at this airport at all!!

"staff were confusing"

So basically we arrived from Boston to Paris and my brother needed to have a wheelchair. So the staff were confusing and SLOW. Right now I’m still waiting for my brother's wheelchair. Do not recommend this airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"It is a totally surreal experience"

Trip Verified | I am used to travelling via terminal 2, since I usually fly with AF/KLM. This time I used terminal 1, flying with Qatar Airways. There is no word to describe the state of this terminal. It is sub-par, not even at the level of some third world countries. It reminds of the old domestic terminal at Manila. It is so old, messy, there is no space, not enough seating, next to zero shops or food. It is a totally surreal experience. Nothing has changed since it was built. Once that you reach your satellite, you are stuck in it! In it, one toilet, 3 stores, little seating and a A380 to fill up. It is a total disgrace to France. Yet the French still take pride in ADP and run against its privatization. Most of them have never used CDG obviously. Alas, if you come to France, you'll have to deal with this pathetic airport, run by "fonctionnaires".
Date VisitJuly 2019

"an absolutely awful airport"

Not Verified | CDG is an absolutely awful airport and I will do my best to avoid it all cost in the future. My friend and I arrived very early (as we were dropped off for our 2.00 flight around 8). We were at Terminal 1 which I know is the oldest part of the airport. We had to wander around a bit as we kept getting different answers as to where the check-in for Icelandic Air was. We found a self-check in kiosk and printed our boarding passes and tags for our checked luggage. We then had to wait until 2 hours before our flight before dropping off our bags or going through security. I had a tea from the Starbucks downstairs which wasn't too overpriced but the shopping was limited at this terminal. We went back upstairs but had no idea of knowing which counter would be for Icelandair as there was no permanent sign since they apparently share counters space between airlines. There was no place to sit and see the counters so we had to camp out at a section of seats behind a wall that prevented us from seeing anything. My friend kept getting up to see when we could check in as we were unsure if the 2 hours meant 2 hours before boarding or departure time (it was departure time). Around 2 and half hours before he said there was finally a sign for Icelandair and there was suddenly a massive line. Apparently there were to flights departing within 10 minutes from one another and everybody from both flights was expected to check there bags in at the same time. Checking in at the kiosk did absolutely nothing as we had to wait on line for about 2 hours to check our bags with everyone else. I will say that going through security was fairly quick but the whole experience was stressful and we kept getting different answers whenever we were able to find someone to ask a question. The check-in experience for Icelandair at Newark airport was vastly superior.

"Extremely time consuming"

Not Verified | Extremely time consuming to move from 1 terminal to another when in transit. It took me 30 minutes to go by bus from 2E to 2D and 20 minutes from 2D to 2E on the way back. From landing to the arrival to the connection flight terminal 1h15 minutes - and my flight was 1h10 late! A proper transportation system by fast train is desperately needed. There is no proper food available in Terminal 2E, only second class sandwiches.

"not a lot of queuing"

(Réunion)

Not Verified | This airport is huge and I really like it. The staff is great, they helped me when I need and it was a good experience! The Duty-free is really cool too! There's a lot of signs to help us and not a lot of queuing.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

" fine example of an inefficient airport"

Not Verified | CDG is a fine example of an “inefficient airport”. Time from landing to getting into taxi was 1.5 hours. Perhaps all the passport control staff were on strike or maybe they simply don’t care. A long passport control to exit the gate followed by a longer passport control line.
Date VisitJune 2019