Paris CDG Airport

"Possibly the worst airport in the world!"

Not Verified | Possibly the worst airport in the world! No signs, staff beyond unhelpful. If possible I never want to visit this airport again. Baggage reclaim is a joke if your baggage arrives, you have to climb 4 flights of stairs and get a shuttle train to find your luggage and the staff are absolutely wonderful at ignoring your bewilderment.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Avoid CDG like the plague"

Not Verified | I have traveled all over the world. Avoid CDG like the plague. I have flown out of CDG 3 times I will never do it again. Last week I had one of the worst experiences ever in 40 years of air travel. I arrived at the airport at 9.00am for a 1.15pm flight. I got through security check at 1.18pm. 4 hours to check-in and get through security. Quite simply, for every single person working there seemed to be 15 standing around talking with each other. I stood in the line for check-in for 75 minutes and the people working the ticket counter would not serve one customer. They watched the check-in line build to literally 400 people before starting to check-in anybody. We were the first people in line. Then it took the agent 30 minutes to check us in. The level of incompetence and complete indifference of the staff at this airport is absolutely staggering. My daughter got through security 4 minutes before me and I told her to run the gate and tell them to wait. They did, thankfully and I escaped the hell of inefficiency. I would rather get a root canal than depart through this airport again. Signage on flights was non-existent. The security was rude and slow. The bathrooms were filthy. The wifi did not work. Its a shame because I love France and the French people who don’t work at the airport.

"a huge disappointment"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | What a huge disappointment. They could really learn a few things from Heathrow. Very little variety in duty free, minimal choice of restaurant. Signage on entry difficult to understand (Gates a -k spaghetti junction)
Date VisitJune 2022

"Absolute worst airport in Europe"

Trip Verified | Absolute worst airport in Europe. All the toilets at terminal 2E, the most modern one, were broken and many were overflowing with poop leaking into the terminal. No escalators worked. Waited 10 mins for someone to man the jetway to deboard the plane. Confusing signs and colours everywhere. Avoid at all costs.
Date VisitJune 2022

"very helpful and friendly!"

Not Verified | Fabulous staff, very helpful and friendly! They speak English no problem, the airport is clean. Long walks but signs everywhere and spacious waiting area at the gate!
Date VisitJune 2022

"No clear signs anywhere, organisation zero"

Not Verified | This was first and last time I used this airport. Absolute joke! No clear signs anywhere, organisation zero. We had to queue to go through the security. We travelled with a little one and seems like they don't mind people waiting in long queues with small children. Yet I noticed two people just sitting in security booths doing nothing. When we proceed to security there were only two belts operating. There were two women just ushering people towards belt without any clear direction only speaking French. There were still people using belt, putting their stuff into the baskets, yet we were rushed to stand behind them and join the queue. Ridiculous and stressful time. Avoid at all cost.

"Avoid CDG if possible"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Avoid CDG if possible. The staff are very rude. Trying to do What they can to be as rude as possible. Unhelpful. They smile to everyone who speak French but not us who speak English. Terrible problems with everything from missed connection to broken toilets. Very old airport, dirty and hot inside since they don't have air conditioning. Feels like a sauna. Worst airport to find correct terminal. People, including staff, are walking so they hit you with bags, shoulders etc. No one said sorry.
Date VisitMay 2022

"A chaotic airport at best"

Trip Verified | A chaotic airport at best to describe this place. If you do not speak French you will get little help - at least this was my experience. The signage showing directions to other gates and the train could have been better placed, even though a lot of parts of the airport are under construction (or so it looked to be). Funnily enough, the stores on site were clear of any construction areas. Large crowds on site. Make sure you have enough time to transit. The boards showing different airline statuses need to be larger and decluttered of confusion. Whilst I waited, along with other passengers, for a while to check for our connecting flight, we gave up and left looking for help. Finally, someone directed us to an area to scan our passes and find the way for onward travel. This will be my first and last experience with Air France and the CDG Airport.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Very poorly organised airport"

Not Verified | Very poorly organised airport! Lots of security checks and controls - understanding and that France has a lot of rules, they should adapt more people working to have more border control gates open. Few out of many is definitely not enough. Taking a look at the logistics side and thinking from a customer point of view how long it possibly takes to get from one Terminal to another should be done by the hired professionals. Plus the fact employees stay on the phones while they are over 50 people waiting in the queues is not a good practice. I hope it will help you guide you to the main problem. For now to have a stress free travel without worrying of missing connecting flight, I’ll avoid the CDG Airport.

"dirty, dusty, smelly"

Not Verified | I had a connecting flight here for the first time a hopefully last time. I will never fly Air France again because this airport is their main hub. Instead of landing in terminal 2E we were put to M which might as well be in Belgium. We had to go through another security check which is absolutely stupid for a connecting flight. I have been flying to Europe for over 20 years and never had to do that anywhere else. Only 2 lanes were open for about 300 passengers. While waiting, I saw one of the employees just stopping the scanner and starting to chat with her friend who just happened to stop by. If you speak French you get to skip the line, if you are a foreigner get ready to be treated like trash. Of course we missed our flight and had to stand in another line for 2 hours to rebook on another flight. They didn't even try to book us on an earlier flight because it was with another carrier and they didn't want to pay for it. 12 hours in this dirty, dusty, smelly (perfume is not a cleaner) hellhole, 2F has 4 lousy restaurants. If you are trapping people there to make them spend money, at least provide enough opportunities for spending it. From now on I will only connect in Frankfurt or even Heathrow if I take Prozac before but never ever again CDG!