Paris CDG Airport

"I expected a lot more"

Not Verified | Lousy on all counts. Check-in system is diabolic, cumbersome, unpleasant and ludicrous. Was screened by a chap in security who did not have any communication skill whatsoever. Dirty toilets. Paris? I expected a lot more. Was glad to leave.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"staff were surly and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Awful airport, no better than when I first used it fifteen years ago. Poor signage and dreadful queues for security with no fast track for premium customers. Having disembarked the flight from MAN we had to go through security to access our second flight to Miami. Over 45 minutes of queueing to get to the front of the line and see that only two scanners were manned. The staff were surly and unhelpful so those who had little experience of this procedure were left to work it out for themselves, get it wrong and have to try again. All of which slowed the process. We were lucky that our flight to CDG was on time as we would have struggled to make the connection otherwise. Normally a transit of one hour and thirty minutes is plenty but at CDG it can be nip and tuck as I noticed that the queue behind us had almost doubled shortly after we joined it.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Unfriendly and arrogant ground staff"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 E - aggressive baggage screening security staff. Poor signage. Unfriendly and arrogant ground staff. Security was very slow and inefficient - long queues. All in a very unpleasant experience. This is not a good advertisement for France and it puts me off visiting the city.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Facilities and signage are good"

Not Verified | Never had a problem in CDG. Boarding for Doha was smooth with Qatar airways. Facilities and signage are good. Staff was ok. Contrary to the too many negative reviews posted here, which are often biased.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"totally overrated food"

Trip Verified | After a very short flight from the Uk we arrived in Charles de Gaulle. Went straight to immigration and got yelled at something in French by the immigration officers because we were three people approaching the counter. Usually, in every country we’ve been to, we are told that family gets their passports stamped together. Got yelled at “one by one” several times in a very rude and horrible way. This horrible man was standing up and looking down at us like we were nothing. Never felt so humiliated in my whole life. We are never returning to France. Rude people and totally overrated food.

"CDG is getting better"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Much criticized CDG is getting better with last years. The main improvements concern signage, toilet facilities, speed of processes and friendliness of the staff. Also renovation of old terminals gives results, the airport appearance is not shabby. As Air France Gold card holder, I get many perks and may not know the "real" experience, but my recent arrival on Level to T3 gave me no special treatment eligibility, so I can say that everything was still good. Stairs to the plane, plenty of buses that didn't wait to get overpacked and brought us to the arrivals area within 5 minutes from engines shut down. The bags appeared on the belt some 5 min late. The cleanliness was fine, toilets in excellent condition, signage to train station fine. Pleased with the experience and impressed with overall progress.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Worst airport I have ever been in"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have ever been in. Apparently they haven't invented air conditioning, temperature in the terminal is extremely warm. It is the most disorganized, chaotic departure lounge I have ever seen. Security staff don't seem to know how to do their jobs.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Complete chaos and poorly managed"

Not Verified | Allow at least 3 hours or more between connecting international flights. Worst airport I have ever used. Long waits (over 1.5 hr) at customs which was understaffed (3 agents on duty). Would have missed our connecting flight if it had not been delayed by an hour. Very long distance between gates. Required 2 shuttle buses between gates. Complete chaos and poorly managed.

"never ever ever again"

Trip Verified | Suggest to avoid this airport if at all possible. The signage is very poor. There are no signs indicating where the airline boarding stations/baggage checks are located. There is no one around to assist. If you manage to find an employee, they do not speak English. If you attempt to speak French they apparently do not understand. The elevators are unmarked as well, most are broken. The moving walkways go down the incline so fast my luggage and me both went tumbling, still people stepped on me to get by. I injured my knee when I fell. Had to go down another flight of stairs with all luggage, still looking for airline stations. Finally a person said, “hall 5.” Unfortunately Hall 5 is not marked near the entrance at all. I found it when I saw stalls marked 5 A, 5B. The airline sign is not visible until you’re directly in front of it. My carry-on was not overweight but they insisted on opening it because it contained a CPAP machine. They dumped contents everywhere in front of check in counter. Asked for wheelchair, “No, you miss flight!” (1 hr 45 left). Then it is three flights of stairs (no elevator) up, now with torn up knee, hauling carryon to get to gate 1/4 mi away. At security my bag is again flagged, he looks for at least 30 seconds at every item in my bag, even each Qtip and rubberband to inspect. Took 18 minutes, almost late for flight. My daughter starts to film inspection. They call the Norwegian manager — why? He says nothing he can do, this is a Customs Inspection. Customs? I’m leaving France! Bag given back with items in a big pile. They make her delete video. Finally get on plane. Charles De Gaulle — never ever ever again!

"Terrible terrible terrible"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Terrible terrible terrible. Only 2 officers worked for immigration. It took over 2 hrs from 2E to 2F terminal. Terrible feeling of France! The operation should be changed.