Paris CDG Airport

"CDG is extremely cumbersome to transit through"

Trip Verified | CDG is extremely cumbersome to transit through. It feels like the airport was never designed for it as all the transit corridors seem to have been added up to the space. Very torturous path to get from one terminal to the next with upstairs, downstairs, zig zags, tunnels, bridges. None of it is mechanical and when there is an escalator it is so small no one can fit a cabin luggage! The police checks are slow with most booths closed and long queues. The automatic passport checks are not working properly. The gates at terminal 2F are in a weird shaped glass egg with no room to sit. The gates are so close to each other the passenger are all on top of each other and the whole airport feels like it is too small for the amount of passengers it can handle. Shopping seems fine but they have put huge shops where there is no room for passengers creating a claustrophobic experience. Just a huge mess.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"I recommend this airport"

Trip Verified | I use Paris CDG when I departed from Paris CDG to Washington IAD. Both ways, the airport staff were amazing, helpful & humble. When I returned to Washington IAD, at the checking point, I didn’t even have to put out my shoes as they have a special machine for checking shoes. The airport is clean, the seats were comfortable & they have sockets for charging, the carpets & toilets were also clean. The food specially croissants made me gourmet The people at the front desk were helpful. The taxi system are well organized. I recommend this airport for international flights.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"There were no proper signs"

Not Verified | We arrived from a super nice flight from Lima with Air France in Paris CDG. We had 2h transit time planned (we thought it would be enough time because our luggage was checked through to Zurich). Unfortunately, it wasn‘t enough time. There were no proper signs where to go to the supposed gate. As we arrived at the one sign, that direction was closed (no one knew why). There was no redirection, just a man standing there redirecting us. There we had to walk through the customs, completely check out and check in again. No one was there helping us. Nevertheless, we missed our flight. But that wasn‘t the end of the story. We had to pick up our luggage again to check them in newly, but as we already left the airside we weren't able to get to the luggage pick up. As we asked at 4 different counters, they were not able to get our luggage or even to find out where it is. Now we have to fly back, 7 hours later, to Zurich without knowing if our luggage will arrive in Zurich with us too or where it even is. Just redirecting people instead of helping doesn't make nice customer service guys. Never seen such an unorganized airport and I already saw a lot. If you want to fly transit in Paris, make sure you have 5hr spare time or more.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"the most inefficient service ever"

Trip Verified | Absolutely, mesmerizingly idiotic customer service and the most inefficient service ever. Came to the airport 4 hours before the flight. My wife and I checked one bag, same as our return flight. We did not get souvenirs in the excess of 2 lbs, so the weight was basically the same. Busy day, so we had to wait an hour to get our bag checked. They weighed our carry on bags in front of the security gate. So guess what? We had to go back to the security gate. The guy that weighed our bag sent us to the wrong bag checking station. We thought that this was an express line of some sort since we were like 2 and 3 kg overweight. We walked all the way to the wrong place, the place they told us to go. By the time we found the right place to check our 2 to 3 kg overnight bags, we managed to make it into boarding just in the nick of time. I remind you again. We got to the airport 4 hours before departure. 4 hours. The place is run by absolute clowns.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"So many employees are rude"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I had a terrible experience going from terminal 2E to 2F at the security check located before Passport control. My hand luggage was flagged because I had a bag of creams, gels and liquids in a clear bag that was bigger than 1 liter. I did not understand what the female employee wanted me to do. I told her I do not speak French well, and she soon started yelling at me. When I understood that she was going to throw out anything that did not fit in the resealable bag, I told her that my husband was ahead of me making the line for Passport control and asked if I could call him over, so we could put things in his suitcase, too. (Since we didn't know about the one-liter rule, we had put all of our liquids, gels and creams in my bag and he had none in his bag.) The employee angrily refused to allow this. I put certain creams in the resealable bag while she held it, and even though there was room for more things, she yelled that I was not allowed to add or trade any of the items left out. I was frustrated and nearly in tears when her supervisor (who does speak English) came over. I asked him why she was keeping a container of my thyroid pills, and he said they were allowed, so I put it in my suitcase. Why did the female employee take my pills out then? When I told him that my husband had no liquids, gels or creams in his bag, he told me to call him over, but by then my husband had already made it through Passport control. Why did the female employee refuse to allow this earlier then? He also let me add some smaller things to the bag, while the female employee still yelled in French that I should be allowed no more. I was able to seal the bag after adding more items, so why did she refuse to let me try? In reading their regulations now, I see that prescribed medications are not part of the 1-liter restriction, but this employee threw out even two doctor prescribed creams, my sanitizing gel and was ready to throw out my thyroid pills had her supervisor not come to assist. In reality, there was only one item that should have been thrown out because it was 118 ml. Everything else would have fit in our two suitcases. This employee also refused to explain things clearly, yelled at me and wouldn't budge on allowing me to rearrange, or even touch, items in the bag. All of this happened while I was rushing to catch my flight in gate F31 with very little time because the airline had made a mistake with my husband's reservation. I was able to make it on board because I ran from Passport control. I do not think airport security personnel has the right to mistreat and belittle passengers that are confused by the language and regulations that vary from airport to airport. My bag went through three security checkpoints that day (in San Diego, Paris and Venice) and only in Paris was I forced to discard gels and creams. This female employee should not be dealing with passengers. At first, she was slow in checking the bags that were flagged while passengers are rushing to catch their planes, and then, she grew impatient and angry because I was confused. Are all passengers supposed to understand French to be treated with respect in this airport? I live in Italy and travel often. This airport has left a bad taste in my mouth. So many employees are rude and going between terminals takes too long. I will avoid flying through there at all costs in the future if I can help it.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"staff at Paris CDG are among the rudest staff"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I am in the airport right now and frankly, I am not having a good time. Although the Wi-Fi and level of cleanliness are adequate, these are bare minimums I would expect from any airport. The staff at Paris CDG are among the rudest staff I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. They are condescending in the way they speak (as when I talk to them I get the feeling they are looking down upon me), arrogantly expect me to understand French (when I'm a transit passenger who doesn't know any French and never had an interest in the language and in the vast majority of other airports I've been to English is used by default), and come across as obstinate or hypocritical, even though there are habitual announcements stipulating that masks must be worn at all times, on more than one occasion a staff member has told me to remove my mask for minor reasons such as allegedly not being able to understand me. I also had an unpleasant experience with a staff member at the entrance of the lounge. As I have been burdened with an 8 hour layover, I wanted to relax in a lounge and when I arrived I was told that it was a lounge only for business class passengers (which wasn't indicated on the sings) and wasn't even given the option to pay to use it (which is usually the case in most airports I've visited). Moreover, this staff member told me to "go upstairs" and implied there's a lounge for economy class passengers but there isn't as far as I can see. Furthermore, many signs are only in French as are some announcements (to the detriment of passengers like me who don't know French). And despite the airport's website claiming a wide variety of restaurants and shops, there are barely any in Terminal 2E (where I was immediately directed to upon arriving) and what's available isn't of a good quality. Overall, I do not recommend Paris CDG. The rude and incompetent staff being the primary reason but the inadequate selection of shops and restaurants, lack of any lounge for passengers regardless of class who have long layovers, and the arrogance of the aforementioned staff in expecting everyone to know French are also reasons I say this. Additionally, as I was writing this review, the Wi-Fi suddenly malfunctioned, making it seem as if the airport doesn't want to see this review published.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"over 3 hours to get a covid test"

Not Verified | This was the worst airport I've ever been to in my life. I waited in line for over 3 hours to get a covid test and many people in the line had missed or were about to miss their flight, I witnessed long snaking lines with distraught people, the staff seems to have no idea what's going on, no one speaks English and when I tried to switch to french I was borderline yelled at. No one will help you if you need to change your flight. The signage is terrible and it's impossible to get from one point to another.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"No rush whatsoever"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Have been waiting for more than 1hr for luggage. No rush whatsoever, I’m loosing my connection and nobody cares. They have over 40 conveyor belts for luggage but only using 2-3. A lot of people not respecting Covid measures, 3 different airlines companies on the same belt, with all people waiting for their luggage. This is just a nightmare!
Date VisitJune 2021

"no indication of social distancing enforcement"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The airport is much friendlier and user friendly than Malpensa, a truly disappointing hub. The only criticism I have is that there was no indication of social distancing enforcement both in the Air France lounge and at the gates. Despite demarcation and loudspeaker messaging about social distancing there was no enforcement. So I got out of the lounge pretty fast since people were coughing and sneezing. It was the only one open at the time so I can understand the difficulties. But there are police everywhere and surveillance cameras will show that people were ignoring the basic distancing requirements. I am not advocating measures like fines but at least intervene verbally to keep some logic to the restrictions.
Date VisitApril 2021

"aggressiveness of border control agent"

Not Verified | I was utterly shocked by the rudeness and aggressiveness of the border control agent. For crew members the procedures are different depending on the countries, I had my ID ready and passport ready, when I asked the border police agent which one I needed to show he started shouting like a mad man "I need to see your face!" many times while not even looking at my ID or passport, and rambling aggressively. Just horrible!
Date VisitMarch 2021