Paris CDG Airport

"no real food options"

Not Verified | I have never visited Paris so far, but have already transitted eight times at Paris CDG Airport. Usually the transit times were very short and I spent all my time running to the gate, but this time I had more than four hours of transit time before my 13 hour flight to Singapore. I had not eaten much the whole day as I thought I would have plenty of restaurants to choose from at one of Europe's largest airports. My Terminal was 2E L and that was quite a large building. So I expected a huge variety of restaurants there - including some fast food or pizza restaurants. However there were only three or four restaurants and most of the food they offered was cold. They served salads and cold sandwiches, but no hot meals that you could get at virtually any train station. I met several people who had the same problem. They had already walked through the whole building, but had not found anything. Building 2E L is just one of several buildings of the huge Terminal 2 and on the map you can see that most of those buildings are connected. However when I walked to Terminal 2F to look for more restaurants, I was told that I could only access the transit area of Terminal 2F with a valid ticket of a flight departing from that terminal. The security guy told me that my only option to find a restaurant was leaving the transit area and going to the public area of Terminal 2K for example, which had many more restaurants. So in this huge airport people are stuck in the transit area with no real food options unless they switch to the public area and afterwards go through the security check again. After returning from Singapore I had to transit in Paris again. Although I did not leave the transit area at all, I had to go through security check again although I only had things on me that had already been checked in Singapore. I know that this is not the fault of the airport, but it is something to consider when choosing a transit airport. After once having missed a plane to Miami because of a long security check in the transit area of Heathrow Airport, I try to avoid airports like that when possible.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"the worst airport in the world"

Trip Verified | Do not ever use Paris CDG Airport. It must be the worst airport in the world. We are English speaking Americans who landed after a two hour flight and it took us 4 hours to get to our airport hotel located 25 walking minutes away. During our time at the airport we saw 3 'information booths'. All three we closed and unmanned at the time we were there, 5pm in the afternoon. The airport is massive and signage is poor. There are 5 levels, (yes, I said 5 levels) to the airport. It turned out that the shuttle to airport hotels was located in a small queue on the fifth level in an isolated part of the airport. When we found it, we were joined by 100 other weary travelers who were tired lost and confused. Needless to say, nearly everyone who worked at the airport spoke English but reveled in that we did not speak french. One employee when questioned for help responded in perfect English, "I do not speak English...I speak French" and then answered our questions with the usual phrase we heard often in France, 'that's not possible'.

"Absolutely poor security"

Not Verified | Absolutely poor security. Before entering security, I threw my liquid away into the bin. I was then approached by a member of staff who accused me of pouring liquid into the plants. By this point I was absolutely shocked and confused. She then tells me she has approached the wrong individual. It’s outrageous how staff can just approach you, accuse you and then walk away. Poor public customer security measures.

"very rude and sullen"

Not Verified | Departed my plane and headed to the connecting flight. The gate listed was not what the info the airline sent me so I went to the gate that was listed. Tried to ask the staff at 2E terminal K 53 and they said no they were busy. I waited and was ignored and when they had nothing that they were doing I asked for help again. They were very rude and sullen but I was told to go to another gate K33. I asked to confirm the gate number for my departing flight at K 33. They did confirm but were very rude and sullen. I have spent over 30 yrs working in the public and great customer service was always the number one attribute needed. There is no customer service available at this airport. This makes me sad as I was looking so forward to visiting your great country. I have no wish to return as it is not as great a country as I believed. I can spend my money in other countries who are more welcoming and kind. Management at this airport has a problem with customer service.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"every time it gets worse"

Not Verified | I sleep much better now knowing that I never ever plan on returning to that dump CDG airport. Not my first time there, and every time it gets worse. Even the bus drivers to the hotels are inconsiderate and cocky. I almost got dizzy going around in circles trying to get out at arrival from the US, since some ignorant architect was on drugs and thought a circular terminal would be funky. Walking walking and more walking to where? Cannot see what is coming up since the walls curve away from you. Signage is useless, so don't count on finding your way like that. They have a bus to the hotels. Ok, that sounds convenient, but the bus does not go to all the terminals. Good luck managing to get from where the bus leaves you to where you need to go. Hope you don't have lots of luggage to wag up and down stairs, or leave extra time as the elevators are small. In fact, good luck finding the bus, unless you just happen to be near it, then you will see some signs. I won't do it again. Why should I? there are many more convenient airports in France and the world, and if CDG is a reflection of what awaits in France, a measure of welcome, go somewhere else.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"only two agents working at the time"

Not Verified | We arrived at CDG on September 17th, 2018 from Toronto, Canada. We were scheduled to connect to a flight to Naples, Italy. We had enough time between connections. However, the law enforcement/customs agents caused several people, including my husband and I, to miss flights that morning. There were only two agents working at the time. We are talking about 8:00am, not super early in the morning. People were complaining and nothing was done. The line ups were out of control and not moving at all. Our airline had to reroute us to Frankfurt, Germany where we caught a flight to Naples. The CDG customs agents (or lack of) caused us an excessive amount of stress. We missed our airport transfer and barely made it in time before the reception staff left for the night at our B&B in Naples. This was a horrific experience for us. I would strongly encourage not connecting to flights through CDG or making sure there is at least 5+ hours between connections.

"absolute chaos"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I do not know if CDG was facing a problem of lack of staff on the day of September 20 2018, but the passport control area was absolute chaos due to the great amount of travelers (I am talking more than 400 here) and the fact that there were only two boths with working people. My transit time was quite reasonable (1 hour from TXL), so I did not worry about not catching my next flight in Paris, especially because the first one was on time, so I did not have any problems with that. However, when I finally faced the queue that led to the police border, I was almost sure I wouldn't board on time. The lines were simply not respected and travelers just kept coming in without any supervision of where they were supposed to go from the people who work at that area of the airport (there was nobody). The division of EU citizens and all the others did not exist (or at least was absolutely ignored). People were desperate: everyone was on the same situation (their next flight was in a short time), and, in fact, some missed their flights. When I was finally asked to have my passport checked (with 15 minutes left and I still had to go to the other side of the airport - Gate L - and my boarding time had been long gone), the staff, almost with an evident and plain notion that I was on pure despair, made sure she took as long as possible to check my passport (let's not forget that people were speaking on high tones and demanding to be checked immediately). When she finally let me go, I ran as much as I could and I reached my flight literally five minutes before it took off. Sadly many people did not have the same luck. It is high time Paris CDG had their passport control organizational concept rechecked and did something about it to keep the situation under control, since it is such a busy and important airport, because the chaos there lived was not due to the travelers' lack of time planning, but the airport's total negligence with the importance of having an organized, optimized and fast working passport control area.

"Not a great experience"

Not Verified | I was flying Westjet from Paris to Vancouver, BC in July 2018. My e-ticket said terminal 2 and so I arrived two and half hours ahead of departures to that terminal. I could not find Westjet anywhere on the departure screen so I asked four different employees where to go and kept getting sent to different check in counters (tried checking in online but nothing). I finally found one information counter where the agent told me that I should be at terminal 1, I was told how to get there but no offers of assistance to get there. Hopped on a shuttle bus, tried to find the Westjet counter, again the agents pointed me downstairs to a small counter for Westjet with four deflated blue balloons in celebration of Westjets arrival! Not a person to be found at the counter and no one willing to phone the gates for me. By this time my flight would leave in 30 minutes and I was told that I would not be able to catch the flight. I then went to the info. centre assist area and was told to move as I didn't need wheelchair assistance! Not a great experience with this airport. I finally managed to get in contact with Westjet and was told to fly to Gatwick and they would be able to get home from there in a couple of days. Westjet came through in the end but I would not fly into the Paris airport ever again.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"signage unclear and confusing"

Not Verified | Security staff that literally picked my laptop up out of the security tray that it was in and dropped it clattering into another tray, then muttered an apology when i challenged why would she do that to someone else’s property as she looked away from me and grabbed the next persons belongings. Staff at the airport are rude and disinterested in customers, someone please sign them up for a customer service course. The signage in the airport is unclear and confusing, and this from someone that’s travelled extensively globally. Airport lounge is hidden away like a government secret with broken elevators when you eventually find them. Will avoid this place in the future.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"employees were rude and snappy"

Not Verified | People with disabilities be aware of the poor services at Paris CDG airport. My father is disabled and they did not have wheelchairs. They made him stand and forced him to walk to the plane. A large airport, with poor customer service, and not enough wheelchairs is a bad combo for a person with disabilities. The customer service and the employees were rude and snappy. The airport employee did not introduce herself, took my father's passport out of his hand and just walked away with his passport without telling him what she is going to do. Paris is one of the most famous cities on this planet, for a country and city with this much fame and history, one would think their services would be the apex of civilization, but in fact they have average to mediocre customer service skills and overpriced goods. There seems to be a negative correlation here, the fame and historical status that Paris enjoys globally, decreased their good services and civil standards, and increased their mediocrity.
Date VisitAugust 2018