Oslo Airport

"poor staff delegation"

Trip Verified | Honestly the worst airport I have ever been to. No notice that there is a passport control section until you get to F gate. We had a flight out of Gate F26 that we missed due to poor staff delegation, short staffed at a very congested Passport Control, and rude and incompetent staff. Passport control line that may take up to 50+ minutes. This is after duty free and for no other gate. No prior notice. My EU national partner and myself (USA) made our way through to gate F26, stood in line at Border control. After twenty minutes of not moving I ask a member of staff wearing a yellow info shirt if I will make it through on time as my flight boards now and I'm worried I'll miss it. He shoves me off and tells me that everyone has to wait. It'll be at the airlines disclosure whether they wait for me and it'll be up to the airline to replace my ticket if I miss my flight. I have never been to an airport with such terrible misinformation and terrible customer service! It has always been that if a passenger might possibly miss their flight, they will be pulled to the front immediately. I send my EU passport holding partner ahead of me to go through the much faster EU line in hopes that he would be able to hold our flight for us. He arrived at the gate in less than 5 minutes. Another 15 minutes go by. I'm now worried so I once again ask your member of staff to look at my ticket and please let me skip ahead. He once again tells me no and tells me that I am heading to the same destination as all of these people in the line ahead of me, I was not. After another 15 minutes and me asking 3 more times I began to panic. Crying and begging one of your staff to please let me skip. She puts me behind someone else and ahead of only 2 people. By this point I have now missed my flight and the only response I am getting is that I should have given myself more additional time. I am sorry but I arrived at the airport at 10.40am for my 13.30 flight. I passed through security by 11am. I went to the gate exactly when it told me to go to gate. So what extra magical time does this airport think I should aquire for a passport control that is just sprung on to you and a line that is 50+ minutes? I missed my flight, my airline told me that it wasn't their fault it was the airport. The airport told me it wasn't their fault it was mine. And I for no fault of my own missed my flight, had to pay out of my pocket for a new one. Was offered no refund or compensation from either guilty parties. And had been traveling for 24 hours + to fix their mistake. I would highly recommend skipping any trip to Oslo if you don't have an EU passport as you will not make your flight and you will have to pay out of pocket for their mess ups. I've attached photos where you can clearly see the long wrapping passport control line and the lack of signs explaining the situation. Shameful!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"One of the nicest airports"

Not Verified | One of the nicest airports I have visited. Feels very Scandinavian, nice layout and huge open spaces. There was no queues at security or passport control
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Would recommend this airport"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | You dont get lost as there is only one terminal which is not big at all. The queue was not even long in the check in and security and if youre traveling in Europe i believe you can use the automated kiosks which is so much better than line up in a queue. Directions to the gate is easy to understand. Not so good cleanliness. Not as much seats around as you would expect. You want to get Lucky and be at the gate before anyone else if you want a place to sit. The shopping and food is okay. It is enough shops to purchase a gift or food. Very expensive of course. The airport Staff is okay as well. I've experienced a variety of attitudes in my years using this airport. The WiFi is the best thing about this airport. You get excellent speed and easy to use, and super good range. Overall it is a good airport. But some things need to be improved. Like more seats. A bit more cleaner, and the Staff needs to be happy and greet their customer Would recommend this airport.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Shame on the airport and police"

Trip Verified | What a mess with passports to get out of the country! Shame on the airport and police. Norway people were otherwise very happy to help visitors and go out of their way to accommodate. The experience was enough of a problem not to fly out of Oslo again. The two of us are 6 continent travelers with hundreds of thousands of miles and have never experienced this ridiculous length of time and repetitive passport checks. We arrived 4 hours prior to takeoff. The ticket counter had no lines. However, we were questioned by security as to luggage, how we got there, etc. before being allowed to check in. We didn't mind that. The airport states that it posts gates 2 hours prior to takeoff. The posting was less than 1 hr 45 minutes prior. We headed to the gate immediately after posting. We ran into a long passport control line. Then at the gate, which was almost immediately after passport control, there was another long line for passport control at the end of which we were questioned just like we were at the ticket counter check in. Bottom line, even though we arrived 4 hours prior, we were one of the last ones to board the plane.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"quite decent and clean"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Arrived 4:40 in the morning from PEK. We arrived at the left end of the non-schengen part of the airport, and in order to get to the passport control we had to walk through a narrow corridor less than 2 metres wide. There are signs indicating three different "lanes" through the corridor, one for Non-EU passports on the left side, and two for EU passports and e-gates respectively on the right side. Please note that you will need an EU passport and be over the age of 18 to use the e-gates. This can be a little confusing as the lanes aren't all that clear, but just follow the markings on the floor as they will lead you to the right queue at the passport control. Or just ignore them until the actual passport control area, and figure out which queue to get in there. At the passport control hall where the lanes got separated we noticed that the staff blocked the entrance to the EU lane, and rudely told people to get over to the lane for all passports. You had to present them your EU passport for them to let you get past. The immigration process itself was quite smooth. However the desks were staffed inproportionally. The ratio between those arriving on non EU passports and those having EU passports were around 10:1. The desks were staffed roughly 50-50. As a result of this, the queue for non EU passports was pretty much not moving at all. This was while the queue for EU passports cleared in less than 5 minutes. The terminal however, was quite decent and clean.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Will avoid in future"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Really dirty airport, filthy stains everywhere, no cleaners in sight. Rude staff who couldn't be bothered to look up from their texting to serve me properly. Snack bar closest to gate F12. Not impressed. Will avoid in future.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"experienced my worst wait time in this airport"

Trip Verified | I’ve experienced my worst wait time in this airport, customs and passport check took 2 hours wait. There were only 4 officers for hundreds of people. Other than this there were not a single place to charge you phone without an EU adapter which you had to buy. You couldn’t use any credit/debit card only Norwegian currency (inside the airport).
Date VisitJune 2019

"simple burger is $30"

Trip Verified | I am absolutely appalled at the cost of food here. A simple burger is $30usd. An apple cake $13.50usd. This is outrageous cost for any airport. I've been to six countries on two weeks and I am never coming here again.
Date VisitMay 2019

"you can do so so much better"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | I travel through Oslo often. I find myself repeatedly disappointed by the lack of water fountains to fill drink bottles. If you are in the top half of the domestic terminal you are forced to buy expensive water from the kiosk. Very unsustainable! Aggressive security staff as usual. I wear an insulin pump and frequently come up against misunderstanding here. And of, the most frustrating thing of all- being transferred inland through arrivals, having to recheck baggage and reissue boarding passes (even though the computers won’t recognise a passenger that is already checked in and there is only one queue serviced by staff for check in). Oslo, you can do so so much better.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Unorganized and chaotic lines"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Fine airport, but unimpressive ground crew on most airlines and very often delays. Not great selection of food, but it is a pretty small airport. Unorganized and chaotic lines everywhere. Wifi does not work well.
Date VisitApril 2019