Oslo Airport

"were not at all apologetic"

Trip Verified | I think Oslo airport is one of the cleanest, modern and most efficient airports I've ever been to, so I am sad to be writing this review. I am a very frequent traveller, however, this happened: First, I forgot to empty my water bottle. Also, I am used to Global Entry/TSA pre check (US version of Fast Track), so I forgot to take my laptop out of my bag as I sent it through security. My bag got pulled to the side for inspection, but was not done in front of me with my supervision. The only thing I could think of being the reason for the inspection, was my bottle of water. Without ever telling me or me seeing it, they had also removed my work laptop and placed in a separate bin. They ran my stuff through security one more time (they let me drink the rest of the water in my bottle), one bin with my bag and now empty water bottle. I grabbed my bag/bottle and left. When I got to my destination and wanted to get some work done on my computer, I noticed that my laptop was missing from my bag and understood after some time what had happened. How can you remove personal items out of someones bag without telling them? After multiple calls over 2 days, I got to speak with the Lost & Found office at Oslo Airport (for one of my calls I waited 1 h and 58 min before I hung up). They confirmed they had my laptop, and that I could pick it up for a 101 NOK fee. Staff at Lost & Found was not willing to hear me out/receive constructive feedback and were not at all apologetic. Also worth noting, that when you lose something at Oslo Airport, you register your lost items at this site called MissingX. I saw 6(!) other laptops registered that morning before noon (my flight was at 7:30 AM)! Something is really off with the way they operate at security at Oslo Airport. Be aware and always pay very close attention to your stuff (have them open it in front of you)!
Date VisitDecember 2018

"bizarre example of total inefficiency"

Not Verified | Having arrived 2 weeks earlier and been blown away by the speed and efficiency that saw us in our taxi with our checked luggage (for four) exactly 15 minutes after the plane touched down, it was a much less satisfactory experience on our departure. On the plus side it is an attractively designed and clean airport. The toilets are probably the best we've come across in an airport. The wifi is free for browsing but dropped out constantly and charges for streaming, which is a pain if you have a long wait. We did not like the fast track security for business class passengers. Instead of having separate security, it is set up so you have to push in front of all the non-premium fare passengers. The staff are not helpful in this regard and we found an employee passing all the security trays past us to the rest of the queue so we could not proceed and were left like lemons in our aisle, until he was called away and we could take trays for ourselves. British Airways use shared lounge facilities at Oslo and the OSL lounge is not a good experience. We did find space and it was comfortable but it was too small to cope in busy times, too dark (as all the blinds were closed in the middle of the day) and very under staffed. No one was at the reception desk so anyone could walk in. The choice of food was really poor - just soup or a tiny salad bar with nothing appetising in sight. No one cleared away. It was generally the least welcoming business class lounge I've seen in 20 years. There was no information about distance to our gate and no announcements were made (though that is common these days). As there were no staff to ask we set off with 30 minutes before our flight departure, only to discover a mile long passport control queue between the lounge and the departure gate! The lounges are never located in between security and passport control, except where (for European flights) passport checks are only done by the airline at the boarding gate. Could not see any way we would make our flight and there were many people getting very stressed about the situation. No one at BA check in or in the lounge told us to expect this. Some "helpers" told us we couldn't use the shorter "all passports" queue with an EU passport (which is wrong and not what "all" means). They said the planes would wait until everyone got through or the airlines would send staff to collect us/authorise queue jumping? Everyone was forced to go through the self service control (far too few machines to handle the number) unless they had children under 18 who aren't permitted to use the machines. There were only a few children so there was no queue for the human passport control whilst the rest was just chaotic. I can't think of another country that makes it so difficult to leave. And Norway is in the Schengan area for goodness sake, so who knows what people travelling to, for example, France using an ID card were supposed to do. It was a bizarre example of total inefficiency in an otherwise pretty efficient country. That said, our plane did wait until everyone got through but it must play havoc with air traffic control and plane scheduling. Sort these things out and it could be a great airport experience!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"confusing with unclear instructions"

Not Verified | Spacious, light, beautiful design. Norway uses automated services a lot more than other countries and the self-check-in of ourselves and our baggage was a bit confusing with unclear instructions. Our departure lounge didn't have enough space for everyone to sit.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"polite and informative"

Not Verified | Oslo Airport is always clean and comfortable. I have been through many times. I always feel comfortable as a solo female traveler there. The airport staff have always been polite and informative. This last time, I was mis-directed by airline staff and had to go through security twice. I unfortunately left something at security check because I was in a rush to catch my flight. Words cannot express how impressed I am with the lost and found at this airport. The process is extremely organized and secure. They were able to return my item to me in less than a week.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"a nice and spacious airport"

Trip Verified | Oslo airport is a nice and spacious airport with one terminal. Actually quite far from Oslo, but there is a quick railway connection, with trains arriving and departing right underneath the terminal. Airport hotels are close to the entrance and they can be reached via covered footpaths.The terminal is spacious and light, I particularly like the wooden structure of the roof. Security and passport control was quick, and there are plenty of shops to browse. There could be more seating areas.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"clean and easy to navigate"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Oslo Gardermoen Airport has some positive sides and some negative sides. Overall it's clean and easy to navigate through. The bad: Extremely expensive (I am a Norwegian and we are used to high prices!). The prices for food and beverages are outrageous (even compared to other overpriced airports). How about a small bottle of orange juice at NOK 49 (will be about £18 for one litre!). Then there are the shops, hectares of over-priced design clothes, perfume and chocolate with few customers (like most other airports). It's a mystery how they survive. Waiting time in the passport control can be long some times, very long.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"recommend this airport"

Trip Verified | Used this airport for a Schengen flight, therefore no passport control involved. The airport itself has nice, typical Scandinavian architecture. Many woods used. The day I arrived and also for departure it was slightly snowing, but looks they are well prepared. I did not see any problems occuring because of the weather. As I travel with hand luggage only I could leave the airport approx. 15 minutes after landing. There are shuttle buses to all hotels, signage is very clear and the buses have fixed schedule. However these shuttle buses are not for free as usual at most airport. It cost me around 7 Euro each way to my hotel which was 5 km away. For the return flight I had an electronic boarding pass, however queues at manual check in havent been long, and there have been also plenty self check in machines. Security check was very organised, queing about 10 minutes, and surprisingly security staff was smiling. After security check are plenty of shops and restaurants, except the duty free shop (no cigarettes available) all with quiet high price, but hey - its Norway and an airport, so what to expect? Quality of food was good, staff have been friendly. Enough seats have been available, the airport and also the bathrooms have been very clean. No smoking rooms available, wifi works good. Overall my expectations about a Scandinavian airport have been met and I would recommend this airport.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Passport staff were excellent"

Not Verified | Oslo was a great airport to arrive at. Passport staff were excellent. Easy access to ATM and train after customs. Will be there again in August, cant wait. Terminal was clean. Bathrooms very clean. Nice shops. Very nice lady at NSB counter. Joe and the Juice was a great stop for coffee.
Date VisitJune 2017

"everything worked fine"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Oslo Gardermoen, everything good. Been there several times, the last time at the end of December, everything worked fine. I was flying with Norwegian to KEF, the check-in and luggage drop off was 100% self service, well explained in a lot of languages, everything was easy and fast. Security check was really easy and fast (even if there was a long queue). The airport is new, modern and really elegant. Got some good food and drinks. The only problem: no smokers lounge after security check!
Date VisitDecember 2017

"peace and quiet is instantly noticeable"

Trip Verified | Oslo airport is very quiet, on arrival the peace and quiet is instantly noticeable. The architects must have paid a great deal of attention to the acoustics, lovely. It is also spacious and clean. Pity about the leaky roof near the train station, but it had snow melting there.
Date VisitJanuary 2018