Miami Airport

Miami Airport customer review

A total disgrace. This airport which is the gateway to South Florida for so many international travellers is such a let-down and shows that airport management do not care about the passenger experience. I arrived with my family from the UK. I am used to the excessive immigration queues but still had to wait for over an hour. Then the customs process which was bordering on the inhumane. Long-term closure of 50% of the exit routes mean too many passengers trying to exit through too few doors with no organisation or staff presence. While waiting by a baggage carousel a pet container appeared with a dog still in it. The container went round a couple of times but eventually overturned until passengers intervened to take the box off. I saw a number of other suitcases being crushed and broken as they joined the carousel. At least I was given another hour to stand around and watch this. The facilities are poor too and show arrogance and such lack of service that I could not believe it has not been shut down by authorities. I will try to avoid it in the future.

Miami Airport customer review

Arrived from CDG for a connecting flight which was due to leave in 2 hrs 5 mins. Following sitting onboard for 45 mins this had already been considerably reduced. This followed by a 20 mins run to the immigration and customs zone. Obviously being in direct competition with other flights we were herded by one man into a queue to the immigration checkpoints which lasted the best part of 2 hrs. We reluctantly asked a member security personnel about the procedure for those that would be late for their connecting flight only to be given a rude grunt in response. Other passengers resorted to rudely jumping the many lines for the immigration checkpoints. After the TSA staff had finally let us through we found ourselves in yet another crowded hall for baggage. Not a single staff member again and only by reading reviews here did I know that our bags would most likely be found in a giant heap on the floor. It took us far longer than it should have - almost no signage and 3 lifts for all of the passengers. Other passengers on our first flight who were let off first and therefore far closer to the front of the immigration queue also did not make their connection. No help no directions and no service.

Miami Airport customer review

We arrived 20mins late from the UK and had to catch a connection which we would have made in good time if it was not for the hellish customs hall for the entire airport. One lady seemed to be guiding people to a scrum that passed for a line. Made the connection but only after a shouting match with the lady who reluctantly put us in the express line. In other places the airport is stuffy and crawling with police dogs. Security and customs officers are rude and take no notice you. All in all Miami is an airport to be avoided.

Miami Airport customer review

Arrived from Heathrow and was faced with what looked like a complete free for all to pass through immigration. No queuing system as used at other US airports and staff appeared inept at managing the situation. The leadership team there need to take time to review the position and introduce effective control measures.

Miami Airport customer review

I agree with the last comments we waited 20 mins for our bags only to find they'd been taken off the belt. On exit from customs no signs whatsoever for car rental. Information desk had a line 6 deep. A nice airport blighted by a lack of common sense but easily rectifiable.

Miami Airport customer review

Connecting from Panama City to NYC required me to wait in a long unorganised customs line. Baggage claim room was claustrophobic bags strewn everywhere. Baggage did not appear until 1 hr after landing. After another immigration check where I was questioned about travelling alone and everything in my bag searched connecting passengers were told to hand bags to one employee separating bags after asking where we were going. Announcements all in Spanish or English needless to say my bag did not arrive on my flight in NYC and has still not been found.

Miami Airport customer review

Flight arrived on time at 2.30 pm and I had a connecting flight in 2 hrs. I had to queue at customs with other international travelers even though I was not staying in the USA. It's simply impossible to go through customs get your bag check it back in go through security and find your gate all in the span of 1.5 hrs. Staff did not help locate my bag they were unprofessional. Yes its clean and has everything but the queues are far to long and the staff rude.

Miami Airport customer review

After many experiences at MIA my family and I have decided it is worth paying more to avoid it. Aside from long lines for check-in and security the signage in the terminals is abysmal. We find that restaurants are not where signs say they are. We have also found that employees take luggage off of the belts and set in on the floor while passengers are standing at the belt waiting. We notice that people cut in line at MIA as if it were a sport. There is no signage indicating where to pick up the economy parking shuttle. When we found it it was on a traffic island between busy lanes of traffic on the upper level not on the same level as the rest of the shuttles! I'm not sure what the airport management does.

Miami Airport customer review

What a complete and utter nightmare. Having lived in Miami (but being from the UK) I have travelled in and out of this airport more times than I can care. Heathrow and Gatwick airports look like the Ritz and make Miami look like Econolodge. And as for airports like Dubai and Singapore they make you realise whoever is managing the overall airport (in the UK BAA manage a fair few airports and whatever you may say about them and UK airports there is definitely some sort of strategy to make the customer experience reasonably comfortable) is doing a terrible job. There is always a huge backlog at immigration. If your flight lands at around 3/4pm forget it. You are in competition with flights from all over the world landing at the same time. Then they have the ridiculous rule that you have to clear immigration then collect your bag (that's also a nightmare) then put it back on your connecting plane if you are in transit. Cue numerous people miss their connecting flights because Miami makes NO concessions for passengers in transit. At least JFK realise that this was a problem and provides Express Immigration for passengers who have a transit flight within 2hrs. All you have to do is make yourself known to a ground official and show them your boarding pass for the next flight and they issue you with am express pass. Miami may be a problem airport. They should start with an express service for passengers transiting within 2hrs of their plane arriving in Miami. Then they can slowly start to sort out the rest of the mess. The airlines should keep the pressure on as ultimately any problems that we experience as passengers will be fall in the hands of the airline as they are ultimately responsible for our safe and comfortable transit.

Miami Airport customer review

This must be one of the worst airports I have ever been through and I have travelled a lot. Never mind the endless passport queues and the rude staff that hardly speak English (good thing I speak some Spanish) what really annoyed me is that no attempt whatsoever is made to at least make it a bit less painful than it already is. After 45 minutes spent to go through passport control when you think the worse is probably over you get to the baggage hall and that's where it really starts. The hall was completely packed must have been 10 flights worth of people luggage had been taken off the belts and just stacked on the floor. No one was there to advise if your luggage had indeed arrived or if it was still on its way. When asked a staff member I just got a shrug and was told: "Don't know. Check in the pile on the floor if not wait by the belt". Eventually located suitcase and some bright spark decided to cordon off half of the exits so thousands of people were supposed to exit via 2 doors which were only accessible by walking through a narrow gap between two belts. Kids were screaming people pushing and shoving and the whole joy took approximately an other 45 minutes. Never again if I can avoid it.