Miami Airport

"well staffed at every turn"

Not Verified | Dealing with a late international arrival, my connection was on time and I really had to hustle! Signage was confusing for getting to baggage, collecting it, navigating customs, rechecking bag and then security finally! It was around 6am and MIA was well staffed at every turn and due to crowds and rushing I overlooked my laptop and ipad after scanning all my carry on stuff. I was down the hallway running to flight when they caught me and delivered those! Thanks Miami TSA!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"like every employees first day"

Not Verified | The people running this airport should not be aloud to pump gas. Unbelievable immigration, baggage claim, security checks. It’s like every employees first day. "Your flight boards in 5 minutes" (should have left 40mins ago), "Your flight is now boarding at a different gate" (1/2 mile away), "Now boarding in 40 more minutes". Never again.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"lightning delays only at MIA"

Trip Verified | Another delay on arrival and baggage wait. Not sure why these “lightning delays” only happen at MIA and not FTL or other South Florida area airports. Flight arrived at 8:30, it’s now 10:30 and still waiting on bag. Best to not check in bag for MIA arrival, or fly through other airport. You would think whoever runs the place would find the way to do better.
Date VisitJune 2018

"experience here was horrific"

Trip Verified | This airport is the most unorganized establishment, and my experience here was horrific. Security check in terminal D was where I needed to be at. Without explanation, I was asked to go to Checkpoint E. Get to checkpoint E, asked to go to F (10 min walk). Get to F, go through security, walk 10 min to just come back to see the original security checkpoint area I was supposed to go through! Absolutely unacceptable. Working for a city, my self, I am appalled at this airports lack of customer service. You want to attract tourists, get your airport crew on the same page, talk about customer service to be a number one priority! Take a page from my city airport system - Houston Airport systems...look them up!

"disorganized, unprofessional mess"

Not Verified | I have never experienced a travel experience as horrible as that of the Miami International Airport. From Check-in, all the way through TSA. The whole system is a disorganized, unprofessional mess. There was not one indication of competence anywhere in that hellish place. I promise that I will never visit Miami again. No way will I risk going through that again!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"is an embarrassment"

Trip Verified | I have been traveling throughout the western states for the past week and a half. I have been in 7 different states, and unfortunately, my home state of Florida, the airport is by far the dirtiest. It is an embarrassment. The floors, the bathrooms, the seats are filthy. Developing countries have more pride and cleanliness.
Date VisitJune 2018

"staff members have the worst attitude"

Trip Verified | Horrible airport. Signs were not clear for security check points and terminal J TSA sent us all the way to H security check point for precheck only to be routed through the wrong line. Terminal employees cut in line and held the line up at check points. All Bathrooms are nasty, staff members have the worst attitude and lack professionalism. Restaurant was fully staffed but no one was “working”. Obviously there was a full bar and no one knew how to make a Mojito. Hope I don’t have to move through Miami soon.
Date VisitJune 2018

"toilets so smelly and dirty"

Not Verified | It's a pity, that such a nice, big airport, has women's toilets so smelly and dirty. I refer specifically to the bathroom that is next to checkpoint # 3 (American Airline). It's the dirtiest bathroom I've seen since I live in USA. I hope this serves to improve the hygiene conditions of it. | Es una pena,que un Aeropuerto tan bonito y concurrido ,tenga los baños de mujeres tan malolientes y sucios.Me refiero especificamente al baño que esta al lado del punto de control#3 (American Airline). Es el baño mas sucio que yo he visto desde que vivo en Usa . espero que esto sirva para que mejoren las condiciones higienicas del mismo.
Date VisitJune 2018

"clean and easy to navigate"

Not Verified | The airport is clean and easy to navigate, you don't have to walk miles between gates. There are not so many restaurants as one might expect, but there is a sufficient variety of dining options. Arrivals: Passport control lines are long, but that is the case in most places. The "fastrack" option or using an automated machine and then passing a receipt to the officer actually takes longer because you have to take 5 minutes to use the machine and then join the back of the queue of people who didn't use it. As always the staff shout at you like they are herding cattle. Departures: Check-in is simple and well signposted, queues are short as there are a lot of desks. Security takes a while, the priority line is not much shorter than the main lines. As with most Americans the staff are very rude and unpleasant. One of them pointed at me and shouted "shoes" whilst another shook his head and announced to the waiting line "we shouldn't have to tell y'all the obvious". It transpired this obnoxious exchange was in fact their attempt to ask me to remove my footwear and place it in the scanning machine, something I would say about 30 percent of airports require, so to me not obvious. But perhaps it was obvious to "y'all".
Date VisitMay 2018

"it is not a pleasant airport"

Not Verified | Can MIA achieve any level of competence? I have long boycotted it and advised others to avoid for immigration purposes, and it is not a pleasant airport to negotiate in terms of TSA security. But I did opt to use for transiting between BA6578 (operated by AA) TPA-MIA and BA0208 MIA-LHR on 21 May. On paper, I had two hours for the transit. Flying time between TPA and MIA is just 37 minutes, but weather-related issues made for a TPA departure that was 20 minutes late. On landing at MIA, we then taxied to a halt that lasted 40-45 minutes before a gate was found for us. Pax with tight connections grew anxious as we waited. The AA captain himself lost patience with the false promises of any early move to a gate. A rush to connecting gates and disgustingly dirty bathrooms ensued when we finally deplaned. BA0208 was just starting to board when I finally reached my gate. This was located in a subterranean area of stygian gloom, the waiting customers looking like lost souls, doubtless with their own negative opinions of MIA.
Date VisitMay 2018