Miami Airport

Miami Airport customer review

Don't even think about flying American to/from the Miami airport to the Caribbean or Mexico during the holidays! We arrived back from Barbados today and had to wait over 2 hours to get through customs. We missed our connecting flight and were told to wait in American's re-booking line that only had one person trying to handle hundreds of unhappy customers. No one was courteous or helpful. Poor planning on everyone's part including ours! We will never do this again! We will go through JFK or a Texas airport (really any but Miami).

Miami Airport customer review

Generally a smooth running airport. However the air conditioning is extremely cold rude staff inefficient lift systems are a pain with normally only one small lift working at a time. For non-US citizens it can be a bit of a harassing experience due to the long lines. Good culinary experiences here.

Miami Airport customer review

This airport is a disgrace. We arrived Monday evening from Jamaica I had wondered why American Air built an overnight stay into the schedule. It took 2 hours to get through passport control. Organization was non- existent. The lines for residents were slower than the lines for non-residents. How can it take longer to process a legal resident than someone entering on a visa? With the exception of the American Airlines own personnel and the bartender every single employee was rude. Curbside check-in was a joke. My husband and I were waiting to check-in and two baggage handlers walked past us to help people who had just pulled up and were unloading their vehicles. When we and other people in front of us complained we were told "there is no line you just have to grab one of us. " The food choices are limited and expensive. Avoid this airport at all costs!

Miami Airport customer review

I am a US citizen but had a 90 min wait to go through immigration. Our line had a faulty computer but we weren't allowed to move to another agent for 30 mins. Why can't their be a common line for all agents - the room gets so overcrowded as to be dangerous. Fortunately we didn't have a connection or anyone waiting for us but surely things could be improved!

Miami Airport customer review

I go through US Immigration at multiple airports 15-20 times per year and I simply dread Miami. The rudest most chaotic immigration experience - even in the US Citizen line you can wait 2-3 hrs - and it is the only place you might have to wait 20-30 minutes once through immigration just to clear customs even if nothing to declare. Everyone seems to be brusque many difficult to understand yet bark at you nonetheless.

Miami Airport customer review

Miami airport has seemingly had a few upgrades over the last few years but somehow the efficiency of immigration is left trawling behind. I recently had to queue for 2 hours from a Heathrow BA flight yet a friend also arriving at Miami on a Delta flight from Heathrow landed 10 minutes after me and got through immigration in 15 minutes. If one immigration port is overcrowded whilst another is empty why cant they bus passengers and luggage to the quieter port. My daughter travelling alone a week ago had to catch a connecting flight 3 hours after landing but endured a 2 hour wait to get through and was met with a rude response from airport personnel when she asked if she could get some assistance.

Miami Airport customer review

International flight from London luckily our plane arrived at MIA early at 2.15pm so queues at immigration were not too long and only took 40 mins. Went to pick up my bags to find the carousel with my flight number still showing but no bags on it an airport employee said the bags have been taken off the carousel ready for the next flight so the bags were strewn around with lots of frustrated passengers. After that is a mad scrum to get through a small cordoned off area to the customs hall I can just imagine how bad things are later in the day. On the return flight I found the choice of bars and restaurants very limited and quite expensive.

Miami Airport customer review

Staff were unbelievably rude. Immigration queues were so long the only thing you can do is laugh about it. I can honestly say that when we head back in that direction again I would rather fly elsewhere and drive.

Miami Airport customer review

A total disgrace. This airport which is the gateway to South Florida for so many international travellers is such a let-down and shows that airport management do not care about the passenger experience. I arrived with my family from the UK. I am used to the excessive immigration queues but still had to wait for over an hour. Then the customs process which was bordering on the inhumane. Long-term closure of 50% of the exit routes mean too many passengers trying to exit through too few doors with no organisation or staff presence. While waiting by a baggage carousel a pet container appeared with a dog still in it. The container went round a couple of times but eventually overturned until passengers intervened to take the box off. I saw a number of other suitcases being crushed and broken as they joined the carousel. At least I was given another hour to stand around and watch this. The facilities are poor too and show arrogance and such lack of service that I could not believe it has not been shut down by authorities. I will try to avoid it in the future.

Miami Airport customer review

Arrived from CDG for a connecting flight which was due to leave in 2 hrs 5 mins. Following sitting onboard for 45 mins this had already been considerably reduced. This followed by a 20 mins run to the immigration and customs zone. Obviously being in direct competition with other flights we were herded by one man into a queue to the immigration checkpoints which lasted the best part of 2 hrs. We reluctantly asked a member security personnel about the procedure for those that would be late for their connecting flight only to be given a rude grunt in response. Other passengers resorted to rudely jumping the many lines for the immigration checkpoints. After the TSA staff had finally let us through we found ourselves in yet another crowded hall for baggage. Not a single staff member again and only by reading reviews here did I know that our bags would most likely be found in a giant heap on the floor. It took us far longer than it should have - almost no signage and 3 lifts for all of the passengers. Other passengers on our first flight who were let off first and therefore far closer to the front of the immigration queue also did not make their connection. No help no directions and no service.