Mexico City Airport

"should be avoided at all costs"

Not Verified | I am a travel writer. I have been to over 200 different airports around the world. The Mexico City International Airport is an embarrassment. It should be avoided at all costs. The physical environment of the airport is grim at best, it is very dark and incredibly poorly organized. There is little to no directional signage. It can be pretty overwhelming to a first time visitor. If you have limited mobility, or even difficulty going up or down stairs, this Airport will be a very challenging experience. There are no escalators and no one to guide you to the nearest elevator. We had to go up four flights of stairs, with our luggage, to reach the level of the connecting flight. Once we reached the departure gate, we had to go down two levels to get to the plane. There was no functional WIFI we could find anywhere at the airport. A special comment should be made about the signage. It is very very poor. Reading the monitors for departing flight information can be a very frustrating experience. I had a very tight connection. According to the Departure Monitor, our Flight departed from "Gate K". This is very ironic since all of the gates at this airport bear numbers and not letters. The Food and fluid offerings are very very limited and incredibly expensive.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"dirty, and falling apart"

Trip Verified | I travel all over the world for work and I go Mexico City alot for work as well. Terminal 2 is the worst in the world for a major city. The airport has one of the highest fees in the world to fly into and yet it smells, is dirty, and falling apart. I only fly here because I have to. Terminal should be destroyed.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Horrible experience"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Horrible experience and avoid at all costs. The lines were long, terminals not clearly marked. Also, horrible for elderly and infirm people. One escalator was moving at lightning speed and an elderly couple were nearly knocked down. There should have been elevator or people movers but you don’t see them. Last, they don’t post departure gates on the monitors until one hour before your flight. A total nightmare!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"it looked like a bus station"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | The airport in Mexico is too old, it looked like a bus station, the signs were very uneven and there were no people to help you. When you enter, you smell the petrol of a plane and the area of ​​documentation is full of people and there is no single restaurant. When you pass security, you feel as if you are locked in an elevator, the boarding aisle is very narrow and only has duty free shops with the smell of gasoline. The announcements at the airport do not have good sound and nothing is said. It is urgent that this airport be remodeled, it is illogical that an airport as big as Mexico City is in this situation. I recommend it only if it's the cheapest thing you can find. P.S I'm talking about terminal 1 (it's not the Aeromexico terminal).
Date VisitOctober 2018

"bus from the plane took 40 minutes"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Terrible! When we arrived, the bus that picked us up from the plane took 40 minutes to arrive and we had a connecting flight on Terminal 2 (I arrived at Terminal 1). As it was an international flight, we went through customs, which didn't take long. The train going from T1 to T2 was not working, so we wanted to take a bus, but it didn't come, so we ended up with a taxi. In Terminal 2, lines were short.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Worst airport in the world"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Worst airport in the world! Zero seating in the non secure side of terminal. Zero! The whole airport is old and run down. Airside after security is much better. The staff are freindly. Food options are very limited. I couldn't find a simple coffee shop!
Date VisitApril 2018

"Very bad service"

Not Verified | Very bad service from this airport. When we arrived in this airport, we had to get out of the airport and go into the Alaskan Check-in line. A security officer came at us because he noticed we were lost and said “I can guide you where you want to go, but you owe me money”. I didn’t know where to go, so I had to pay him for him to guide me. When the security officer left me at the check-in line, The Alaskan airlines system shut down and we had to wait in the check-in line for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. It was very stressful. The system couldn’t go back so they gave all the people a paper with their flight number, seats, etc because our flight was going to depart soon. Because of this, they had to delay the flight for 30 minutes because half of the passengers weren’t there. Then we went through security and immigration. We found our gate and we took our flight.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Personnel are so arrogant and rude"

Not Verified | Personnel are so arrogant and rude, they don't do anything to help if needed, they don't care about customers. They have no customer service ethic, they think they're doing us a favor but they don't get that with our purchase, they get paid.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Our time there was very confusing"

(Venezuela)

Not Verified | Our time there was very confusing. Found very few people who spoke English and all the announced instructions were only in Spanish, not bilingual. When we sought out help it was difficult to find anyone who could help us in English and there was nobody directing us where to go once off the plane.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Organization very catastrophic"

Not Verified | Organization very catastrophic with the transit. We had to pass the border police for a transit. The airport staff was not helpful in letting us get there faster even though our next flight was near. On the first trip, we had to carry our luggage ourselves. On the return trip we were told that the luggage will be transferred by airport services, but this was not the case, and now our luggage is missing. And the public notices in the airport that inform that the delays is not the fault of the airport and 60% the fault of the airline companies is just a joke. I will never use this airport again and I will not even visit this country.
Date VisitMay 2018