Malaga Airport

"shambles of an airport"

Trip Verified | Awful. A most disorganised, shambles of an airport from start to finish. Clearly a lack of leadership, too many fliers vs capacity.
Date VisitMay 2022

"too small to handle the number of passengers"

Trip Verified | The airport seems to be too small to handle the number of passengers going through it. Check-in lines were long, as was the passport control line for passengers heading out of the Schengen area. While I avoided that line, there were so few seats in the Schengen gate areas that the crowds spilled out into the hallway, making it very hard to navigate. I found it worrying that the airport had private security guards walking around with billy clubs and handcuffs, like they were expecting trouble from the passengers. I believe that the airport should spend money on improving the facilities, especially in the area of seating and staffing, to make the airport a more pleasant experience for its passengers.
Date VisitMay 2022

"queues to get through passport control"

Not Verified | Malaga Airport is a disgrace for travellers going home. There are queues to get through passport control which are the worst I've ever seen. There is no warning and no communication at all to even advise passengers they need to queue for hours and possibly will miss their flight. There was no one to ask and flights were getting delayed as the aircraft were hanging on trying to wait for their passengers still queuing in the terminal through no fault of their own. The airport staff were hopeless. We had 5 minutes to our take off time, had been queuing for two hours and had to jump the queue and run to the gate to board. The passport control staff showed no consideration and were behaving like robots. They took no responsibility and organised nothing! Like many others we were lucky to get on our flight because TUI waited but I'm sure there are people left stranded in Malaga. Shame on you all at Malaga!
Date VisitApril 2022

"passport control has now to be the worst in Europe"

Not Verified | Malaga airport passport control has now to be the worst in Europe. It took us an hour to get through the control on arrival and the same returning. Been travelling to Malaga for last 12 years but will now look at alternatives as the situation at the airport is out if control. Management of queues is a farce as people just jump the queue by asking weak officials which queue to go in and they simply allow them to join where they ask the question.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"huge queue for passport verification"

The worst airport - I would never fly here again. Trapped in a huge queue for passport verification with one officer and no help. Truly a disgusting way to treat visitors.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"Come on Malaga you can do better!"

Trip Verified | Arrived on a Jet2 holiday got into arrivals and it was utter chaos, no staff, no lanes to stop people pushing in. Not a sign to say which way to queue. It was getting very close to violence in the area, none of the staff that did come eventually seemed to have a clue how to sort the mess out or did not seem the slightest bit interested in doing so. Travelled on a Friday but will never do so again, 1.5 hours to get to our taxi transfer. Come on Malaga you can do better! Departing to come back to England, great airport, staff great and jet2 staff even better.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Covid19 test centre is very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | The Covid19 test centre at Malaga Airport is very unprofessional leaving many people to strain without the ability to get the test done and as a result losing their flight. Due to high demand they ask you to book in advance. Better do the test before travelling. Clinica Santa Elena in Torremolinos is just less than 10 minutes by taxi and the cost of the antigen test is €30, and 10 minutes to get the result. I was travelling on Bank Holiday and I arranged the taxi to wait for me in the clinic until I've got the result. Taxi cost was €30 as well. I hope this review helps everyone.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Well done Malaga Airport!"

Trip Verified | I passed through Malaga on the 12th August, and the review below shows me that the staff at the airport are doing their job well, and indeed so was the captain of the flight the user was taking. Almost everybody wears their masks correctly in the airport, and it is the staff's duty to check those who do not, whether they state they are exempt or not. Well done Malaga Airport!
Date VisitAugust 2021

"asking me why I wasn't wearing a mask"

Trip Verified | On leaving the airport we were greeted by an official asking me why I wasn't wearing a mask. I explained I was exempt, she asked to see my paperwork! I showed her and she told me it was fine. Walked to the queue as we thought for checking in to be greeted in the queue by staff who said why aren't you wearing a mask, I explained again, she said you will need to get it stamped before we can let you through here at security. We went to the right queue and checked in where the lady saw my letter and was fine, we then went to the fast track area, where we were greeted by a young woman who said stand there, then called over another lady with a phone who had to see my letter to speak to someone about it she read it out in Spanish, meanwhile the staff ignored us. I was cleared to go forward to the security area. On arriving there was asked why I wasn't wearing a mask, explained again! I thought I would go into a shop to pass the time, was greeted with where is your mask, explained I was exempt, the manager was called and I was told I could not purchase the items and had to leave the shop because if the police saw me in there they would be fined. I went to board the plane, asked again for paperwork, I handed over the letter, she told me she had to speak to the captain.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"a terrible experience every time"

Not Verified | The local ground staff that is hired by many airlines are terrible. There is no public communication about changes or delays to flights, and when they do it is in the worst English possible. At boarding they are rude and impatient to passengers. All in all a terrible experience every time. A disgrace that staff are not better trained and unbelievable that the airlines that pay them do not act to improve.
Date VisitJune 2021