Malaga Airport

"Chaos and incredibly disorganised"

Not Verified | Chaos and incredibly disorganised. The check in was opened less than an hour and 25 minutes before the gate closes! No logical reason to do so. There is no reason why as an airport you wouldn't want people sat by all your shops as they wait for their flight. It's rushed and an easily avoidable problem. Bloody stupid. Was hoping to have breakfast here as we arrived 3 hours early.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"never returning to this airport"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have ever been to in my entire life. I was flying Aer Lingus to Dublin, and in the check-in line I waited for almost an hour just standing in line. When I finally reached the counter, I was greeted by a very rude Iberia agent who barely understood English and was very slow at printing the boarding passes and taking my luggage. Security was fine, but after security you have to stand in a separate line just to enter the gate area which added an extra 30 minutes to the whole process. It turns out the line was a "passport control" but when I finally got to the front all they did was take my passport, open it, then give it right back without doing anything then I finally got to the gate area. Which was very dirty, the windows are disgusting and the space is so small and crowded with only 1-2 shops. Will never be returning to this airport. Disgraceful.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Departure was relatively straightforward"

Trip Verified | A much better experience than last year even though we were travelling at the start of the high season. Perhaps flying earlier in the day made a difference. Arrival was unremarkable with passport control taking only a few minutes. There seemed to be staff guiding some passengers to and through the e-gates but we stayed in the short queue for the manned gates. Departure was relatively straightforward too. There were quite long queues at security but they moved quickly. My wife was mistakenly called to a male agent for frisking (a not unusual happening!) and the poor man was mortified when a female colleague obviously told him about his mistake, luckily before he found out for himself! Passport control was much improved with more gates provided with access beyond those gates to both areas B and C which meant UK-bound passengers could present their passports without fear of having chosen the wrong area. As a result, although the airport was busy and our return flight was delayed over an hour, our passage through Malaga airport was relatively painless. Two adjacent gates were used for boarding, which helped to reduce the turn round time for our plane.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"passport control completely understaffed"

Not Verified | Went through check-in and security without a problem but as with other reviewer on May 31st the passport control was completely understaffed (5/6 officers) with gates B and C in the one queue. Having finally cleared this hurdle we had a similar problem boarding our flight with one staff member who operated very slowly indeed. We finally got to our plane after the departure time but flight was held. Have to ask was there some dispute in operation on the morning of May 31st?
Date VisitMay 2018

"no idea what was going on"

Not Verified | Two queues both about 100 yards long, merging into one, snaking around the departure area just to get to passport control. Probably several hundred passengers with no idea what was going on. Only six staff on duty, all the other desks were unmanned. Appalling way to treat passengers, no staff to direct the queue, it was a free for all with pushing and shoving and the queue jumpers didn't help matters either!
Date VisitMay 2018

"1.5 hours to get through passport control"

Trip Verified | Took over 1.5 hours to get through passport control. This is after security just before you are boarding. 3 flights leaving at the 1 time 1 single que absolutely shocking give yourself plenty time. Suggest whenever you see boarding you start queuing.

"queue was enormous"

Not Verified | Passport control is an absolute disgrace. I think about 4 planes arrived close together. The queue was enormous with one person on the desk and 2 on the automated control. We were queuing for over an hour. One poor guy had to be wheelchaired out as he was diabetic and needed food! Absolutely no excuse as they know when planes arrive.
Date VisitMay 2018

"No smoking area after check in"

Not Verified | Way too busy for the size of the airport. Staff that is more busy chatting to one another than helping customers. The check in desk/bagage drop off only opened 1.5 hours before departure, despite the staff all sitting there for an hour already chatting to each other. Then, an enormous queue for passport control. No smoking area after check in, you wont have time for that anyhow. Diner places after check in super crowded, more queues, expensive. Couldnt find a point to be picked up either at arrival, when not travelling by taxi or bus.

"shops were closed"

(Finland)

Not Verified | No baggage drop until 2 hours before departure. No services at the baggage drop area after 9pm. Business lounge closed 11pm although flight departure at 0100am, and the quality of the lounge was under all criteria. Person at the service desk tried to be helpful, which was positive. All the shops were closed at that hour.
Date VisitApril 2018

"service in this airport has been appalling"

Not Verified | From start to finish the service in this airport has been appalling. When we first got into the airport we asked a member of staff for directions because the departure gates weren't signposted for which he didn't seem to care and just sent us the complete wrong way. Our flight was cancelled and delayed 24 hours however we did not receive food vouchers and when I went to go and buy some food from soho coffee, I didn't even get a hello or thank you from the woman behind the checkout and had my change and receipt thrown back in my face. The staff here are so rude and have not been understanding at all. When we thought things couldn't get any worse our flight was further delayed, my phone because I wasn't expecting to be stuck here for this long ran out of battery and I needed somewhere to charge it for my boarding passes. There was a switch on the side by a cafe unattended so we just asked a member of staff if we could just use that for five minutes and explained the circumstances, the woman snatched my phone off the side started shouting at us and shoved it back in my hands. I honestly am glad to be out of this airport and do not wish to return. I understand it was late and everyone was tired but that does not give the staff the excuse to treat us the way they did, we had been there for 24 hours so expected to be treated with a little more respect.