Geneva Airport

"Very pleasant place"

Not Verified | Very pleasant place. Everything was quite simple and easy: access by train cheap, frequent and fast from city center. Security check very simple and straightforward. Passport control with no queue at all, immigration officers kind and smiling. Will come back definitely. Recommended.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"A complete rip-off"

Trip Verified | Geneva airport is fine but provides the most expensive food and beverages in the world. No budget food is offered. 4.90 swiss francs for a bottle of water is outrageous. They know you cannot bring food nor beverages so hold you at ransom. Very poor for the image of Switzerland. A complete rip-off.
Date VisitApril 2018

"such an unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | Arrival at the airport was fine no problems. Unfortunately leaving was the complete opposite. I have travelled around the world over the last 30 plus years and have never had such an unpleasant experience moving around a airport. Total chaos no one seeming to be in control of the situation. We spoke to a member of staff explained were we were going and he told us to join a queue which was at least 200 yards long. After 30 minutes and not much movement spoke to another staff member who told us we were in the wrong queue, moved to the right one which was only 30 yards long, unfortunately only one check in desk open. When we were finally at the desk a family in front had excess baggage and the female member of staff just seemed incapable of doing anything at anything above a snails pace kept them there instead of serving other customers. Finally after more than 1 hour we were checked in. Security was very quick the reason being most of the customers were downstairs. Finally the queues for easyJet were absolutely terrible so in summing up I will never be using this airport again, for the Swiss to be so allegedly efficient this is a farce.
Date VisitApril 2018

"security were openly rude and careless"

Trip Verified | Although it's a small airport, there is a selection of food and drinks available, as well as shopping and a nice outside seating area. I find the airport easily accessible by public transport and you can get a free ticket to town when arriving to Geneva airport which is not so common in other places. Although security check and passport control are extremely overcrowded, it's understandable with smaller airports. Unfortunately I had a negative experience with the staff at the security check. Although I live in the UK so I'm used to immaculate customer service, I am also from an Eastern European country where people are more direct, so I'm used to both cultures. Staff at the security check were openly rude and careless, and this shocked me as I haven't expected this treatment at all and it leaves a bitter aftertaste no matter how amazing my stay was in Geneva.
Date VisitApril 2018

"where to smoke at Geneva airport"

Not Verified | Having not found a recent review of where to smoke at Geneva airport, I thought I’d write one. You can smoke outside the airport. If you are using terminal 2, a free bus will take you between terminals 1 and 2 every 10 mins. Journey time is about 5 mins. The Smoking Lounge in Geneva airport is located in terminal 1 departures / airside upstairs and is free, clean and well sign posted.
Date VisitApril 2018

"I will avoid Geneva Airport"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Geneva Airport is the worst organized airport I´ve ever visited and I´ve been visting 50+ airports. Maybe the situation was extraordinary worse since it was Easter time but even though we were checked in online and arrived to the airport 2,5 hours before departure time we missed our flight and had to buy new flight tickets, book hotel and take a train for 4 hours to reach our destination, 24 hours later than expected. We had been skiing and the only thing we needed to do at Geneva Airport was to drop off our skis. In order to do so we were told to go to the same line as all other persons who were not checked in. There were only 3 counters open and the staff seemed very inexperienced, constantly calling for advice/instructions. Even though we told them we were going to miss our flight they didn´t pay attention which resulted in that several families missed the flight even though we were checked in. Even the line to the security control was extremely long due to that the airport is not customized for the number of passengers departing. I will avoid Geneva Airport for all future if possible.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Only 3 security checkpoints"

Not Verified | Why have all flights in terminal 2 in the same queue? It’s just stupid to have them all in one line. I could go on and on about the negatives but here are a few. Only 3 security checkpoints. Doors on bus are both on same side. Only one door opens anyway.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Zero seating available anywhere"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Zero seating available anywhere. I had to sit on the floor prior to boarding a long haul flight to NZ. Only 2 cafes which were disguistingly over crowded with no infrastructure to them. It was stiflingly hot at check in and security. Even though they have clearly improved this airport since I last flew here it is clear more needs to be done. To put in some seating somewhere would be a good start!

"I was so impressed"

Trip Verified | Hi, I arrived with my daughter on crutches and a brace on her knee. I was so impressed with the SwissAir check in guy who was very helpful and organised a wheelchair. When we picked up the wheelchair the guy guided us through security to the meeting point. He was friendly, interested in our welfare and very helpful. He, in particular, deserves great credit for how he was doing his job. A big thank you from us - well done!
Date VisitApril 2018

"small, crowded, badly organized"

Not Verified | I thought being Swiss it would be efficient and quick. Far from it. It is small, crowded, badly organized. So many people around us stuck in bottlenecks ( passport control / check-in etc) worried about missing their flights. Luckily our flight was delayed otherwise we may have missed ours.
Date VisitMarch 2018