Fort Lauderdale Airport

"airport is absolutely disgusting"

Trip Verified | This airport is absolutely disgusting. I’ve flown in and out of here many times before but it’s been several years and I never remember it being this unclean. We are currently flying out of terminal 3 and the carpets are covered in food crumbs, trash, and things are just generally very dirty. It’s so filthy in here it actually stinks. Waiting for flights in airports is normally very annoying but this is so bad I’d actually rather be sitting and waiting on a plane. It’s also in need of some serious updating and tech updates. Oh, and the TSA agent was extremely rude. I got a full pat down and her hand went up my skirt which made me very uncomfortable. She also neglected to direct me to do what she needed me to do, she just stood there until asked her how she wanted me to hold my hands for whatever she needed so I could be done and move along. Will avoid flying in and out of this airport if I can.

"extremely unorganized"

Not Verified | Worst airport i’ve ever experienced. WiFi was awful could not even send an email due to such poor connection. TSA agents were rude and lines were extremely unorganized overall 1/10
Date VisitMarch 2019

"the place looks unsanitary"

Not Verified | Sitting at Gate 11 at 6.30 am it is filthy here, tables dirty, garbage on floor, the place looks unsanitary. People are taking up 4 or 5 seats to sleep, people sleeping on floor and in the aisles.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"I have never been more insulted"

Not Verified | TSA subjected me to a full pat down in front of my children and the entire airport due to my infants bottle testing contaminated. I, originally, departed from a different airport and they used testing strips to test the formula. At FLL only a machine was used, and before all of this took place my body and hands were scanned. All of this showed obvious signs that I had nothing hazardous or trafficking of any products. I have never been more insulted in my life! The airport is extremely dirty with the gate areas being covered in food particles and trash. I will never use this airport again, and I will continually warn others of the harassment that a mother can experience while traveling with her child/children.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"construction at terminal 2"

Trip Verified | Arrived at Fort Lauderdale, three hours early to have dinner with the wife and kids, nowhere was it posted that there was construction at terminal 2 with nothing to choose from until you arrived at the gate. Three 6 inch cheese pizzas, almost $40.00 US! They weren’t even good pizzas! The wife picked up a panini. $10.00 US! So for about $70.00 CDN we had the privilege to eat. Thanks terminal 2 Fll. If you enjoy the airport shops, forget it, you have perhaps 2 for your shopping pleasure. Will choose MCO, MIA, or TPA in the future.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"surely unacceptable"

(Bahamas)

Trip Verified | There is an extremely long wait at Immigration. We spent about 3 hours in the line. A hundred plus people waiting patiently attended by only two officers. No courtesy was shown to the elderly or infants. People were given no seating or water. People fly very long flights, myself having taken 16 hours Emirates from Mumbai. This is surely unacceptable to any international visitor to the America
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"problem using FLL airport"

Trip Verified | I was on vacation in Florida with my husband and daughter and lost my purse which had all my identity in it. We arrived to airport early Sunday morning the 13th at 7:45am. (our flight was boarding at 10:25am). We proceeded to the line for Security since we just had carry on items and was surprised how fast the line was moving. My family went through without a problem but I was detained due to no Identity (no license). The Lead Traffic Controller was notified and arrived within a 1-2 minutes to question me. He was professional and very kind. Because I did not have any identity, He had to get an Identity questionnaire which took only another 1-2 minutes. I could tell he was extremely busy as his Communication radio was going off, but he took it in stride and actually lowered the volume so he could give me his full attention. He called Washington and after answering a few questions I was able to sign the form and go through security. He guided me through the security process, searched my bags. His biggest challenge was finding a female officer to pat me down. He had to rotate some Male officers around in order to free up the female officer. I was amazed how smooth he worked and how respectful the other officers were to him. Finally, I was cleared and was able to reunite with my family. I was most thankful to him and all the staff. They are all working so hard with minimal staff during this difficult time with the Federal Shutdown. On another note, the Airport and bathroom facilities were clean - in one bathroom there was a very attentive worker facilitating the line and keeping the room clean. I would have no problem using Fort Lauderdale Airport in the future.

"dirty men's room"

Trip Verified | Terminal 4 con G dirty men's room. Smelled like urine. Needs cleaning can smell it 200 yards away use cleaning solvent or bleach. Attention to detail.

"worst in the USA"

Not Verified | Wow, this airport truly has to be one of the worst in the USA, and maybe at the bottom for worldwide rankings too. This airport is clearly run like a "government agency" versus local economic engine or "pride of our community". Bathrooms are cleaner and fresher at a municipal sports stadium. As a professional whose job is large campus plant operations it is clear to me airport executive leadership (OPS executive) is not rounding each and every day like they are supposed to be. If they were, they'd see how much is wrong. Just today, flying out of SWA Terminal, the bathrooms adjacent to the B gates had no soap in any dispenser for 8 (yes, eight) sinks. Oh, BTW, there's was an attendant there reading his phone. Carpets are stained and rarely vacuumed. Crumbs and food spills are there trip after trip.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"customer service is horrible"

Not Verified | I live locally and I have flown out of this airport over 100 times. I don’t think I have ever had one great experience with this airport. The customer service is horrible. The traffic is always busy however there is rarely ever an attendant to help move the traffic along. The baggage claim takes at least 30 minutes longer than any other airport baggage claim I’ve ever been to.
Date VisitDecember 2018