Fort Lauderdale Airport

"It was a mess!"

Trip Verified | The Allegiant ticketing/check-in counter was seriously lacking the number of agents necessary to check in passengers on this flight. We stood in line for over an hour and barely moved. While in line, the Allegiant agents began calling up passengers for another flight to check in in front of everyone waiting in line. This prompted other passengers who were not paying attention to jump in line. It was a mess!
Date VisitJuly 2020

"overall rating is bad"

Not Verified | I rode with Spirit and the employee's and customer support was terrible. They had us go through so much more than what we have ever done at security and they had a rude tone. It took them way too long to give us our boarding pass and went through unnecessary precautions at security that we have never done before. This made my morning horrible and my overall rating is bad.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"customer service is seriously lacking"

Trip Verified | This airports customer service is seriously lacking. Very rude and slow check in to even get your bags checked initially with Allegiant Airlines. I visited this airport 3/1/2020 at 4 am for a departing flight and decided to visit the auntie Anne’s inside of the airport and the girl working the counter acted like she couldn’t look up from her phone to answer a simple question. I asked her when they open and she was rude and condescending. She should be fired immediately for how she is acting. It’s a very bad look on the airport and auntie Anne’s. This isn’t the first time I’ve had this encounter at the same location! Please do something about the terrible customer service!
Date VisitMarch 2020

"This airport is ridiculous"

Trip Verified | This airport is ridiculous. To change terminals we had to walk a mile to make it to our connecting flight. There was a bus but every employee told us it was too much trouble to find and bother with. So, with a baby, toddler and handicapped woman, we hiked to the next terminal. In addition to hiking a mile, you have to leave Security and go through it all again at the mile-away next terminal. That’s absurd. I did not believe any modern airport could be this difficult to navigate I would rate it a 0, 1 or whatever the lowest possible rating is.

"Terrible organization"

Not Verified | Terrible organization. They had 2 agents handling about 500 people. Insanely long wait time and no staff present who seemed to care. Worst airport I’ve been to in a while and I travel all over the world.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Very bad system they have"

Not Verified | It is ridiculous how bad customs is in that airport. I missed my flight to NY and had to stay the night there because they took in flight by flight, meanwhile all the machines that are used to check in at customs were empty. I use mobile passport to get thru the line faster, and they made all of us using the app wait with everyone else. I mean what is the purpose of having the app. Then they put us on a line, and the officer did not accept mobile passport, so we were sent to another line. They need to have a better system for this, they are aware that several flights come in at the same time, it is not new to them. This is the second time this happens, and I heard a lot of people saying that mostly everyone misses their connecting flights due to customs. They also need more customs officers there, there were many empty cubicles. Very bad system they have there.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Staff are rude and disrespectful"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have been to in my life. Staff are rude and disrespectful. TSA will yell at you and degrade you. Parking is unorganized. Airport was stuffy and had a mouldy smell. Will never return to this airport again.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst US airport experience ever"

Not Verified | Worst US airport experience ever! We are frequent flyers and have never experienced such rude and unprofessional treatment of passengers entering the country from Jamaica. My husband was in a wheelchair and wheelchair customers were moved over to the side in waiting stations. It took more than two hours to get though security. The attendant was loud and rude and constantly complaining. She was pushing my husband into other customers and knocking other customers out of the way with the baggage. Passengers in line with canes were yelled at to get out of line and another passenger became hysterical during the process. When we finally arrived at our gat and my husband tipped her. She opened her hand and spread out the bills counting them in front of everyone. Shame on FLL! This should never happen at a US airport.

"most disgusting experience"

Not Verified | Going through security was the most disgusting experience. My boyfriend had to give up his necklace with his best friends ashes in it. The extremely rude security women told him that he could go back in line for checking in our baggage to put the necklace in there, though with only 20 minutes to spare and the extreme wait on the lines from the incompetent employees, he would of missed his flight and would of had to wait and PAY for an entire other flight. How can you go home after work knowing that you’ve thrown away someone’s remains because the necklace “resembled a bullet”. Regardless of the fact that we were able to unlatch the necklace, show the remains and it had a religious prayer on it. Avoid airport at all cost.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"spent 4 hours sitting on the floor of the airport"

Not Verified | We were returning home from a cruise through the Fort Lauderdale airport. When we arrived at the airport early, we were told that we could not check in any earlier than 2 hours before our flight. We spent 4 hours sitting on the floor of the airport, along with over 100+ other travelers, before the Southwest Airlines representative would allow us to even check our luggage. The sign in the airport clearly stated that ‘Baggage May be checked up to 4 hours prior to departure’, yet we were shunned away and told we had to wait until 2 hours prior to departure. So you had a room filled with people sitting on the floor with their luggage because we were being told we could not check luggage until 2 hrs prior to departure when signs posted clearly stated the rule was 4 hrs before departure. I can provide a copy of the sign if needed.
Date VisitJanuary 2020