Fort Lauderdale Airport

"I do not appreciate the way that I was treated"

Trip Verified | At Fort Lauderdale airport, approximately around 5pm I was on my way to the entry point of the check point near terminal 3 to the right of the American Airlines kiosk. I was abruptly stopped and was aggressively asked “Where is your ID?” I proceeded to look for it in my bag. I usually get my ID out while I wait in the TSA line. He got more aggressive and said “Does this look like a game to you?” He then told me to check in my baggage. The same bag I was able to carry on with AA from DFW to Fort Lauderdale. When asked for his name, he claimed that his name is “Brian”. However when asked to see his badge, he would not comply. He continued to state “If you don’t like the way you’re being treated, go to a different airport”. I am filing a complaint, because I do not appreciate the way that I was treated. I also could’ve been late for my flight. This type of behavior is not suited to represent your airport. If he met someone more confrontational, they would’ve recorded it and all of this would be all over the news.
Date VisitJune 2019

"almost 3 hours at immigration"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale Airport is the worst airport ever. We were left waiting for almost 3 hours at immigration, just to show our passports. And so were lots of other people, we will never return. Never again, ever!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"poor example of customer service"

Trip Verified | Being from a Royal Air Force Family, I have been flying in and out of airports for the last 60 years. Never in all that time have I been treated with such contempt and rudeness as I encountered at the pre security Cross Grain Brewhouse in terminal 4. We entered to find very few spare seats and one table for four occupied by one man. My husband who suffers from vestibular neuronitis (a problem with balance) took a seat at the table as he was feeling dizzy. My husband is a Royal Airforce Veteran. He then suffered a tirade from one of the servers who told him he couldn’t sit there until the person at the table had finished his meal. Told him it was rude to sit there and asked ‘who would do that’. She continued with her abuse to myself and my daughter and added that we could not just have drinks, this after making us wait some time for her attention. We are from the U.K., were unaware that it is not allowed to take a vacant seat. This is an international airport where people from around the world with different rules and regulations visit. This woman is a very poor example of customer service, a disgusting ambassador for the airport and America. She left our family extremely upset with her atrocious behaviour. We had just spent two weeks in Florida where until this incident we were treated with respect and great courtesy by everyone we met. They were friendly, and helpful. I hope we never come across her like again.
Date VisitMay 2019

"What genius came up with this design"

Not Verified | I live in FLL, this airport which has just had a lot of work completed is horrid. I dropped off a friend at terminal 3 a few days ago and at departures they have designed so there's no cover from the rain - this is a place that gets 6 months of thunderstorms a year. What genius came up with this design. The result - everyone sitting in their cars waiting for the torrential rain to stop before getting out to get their luggage out. Talk about adding to what is an airport already at capacity and backed up with check in and security - I blame Spirit Airlines for that. Another thing - there is no decent lounges - this is an area where wealthy people travel through all the time for cruises and yacht trips. I hate Miami airport but at least they have nice lounges there, FLL needs to catch up and sharpen their game. On top of that last time I was there I had no mobile signal (T-mobile) and their WIFI is awful. I go to central and South American and have better WIFI - this is the USA there's no excuse for that!
Date VisitApril 2019

"the worst airport I’ve ever flown into"

Not Verified | Quite literally the worst airport I’ve ever flown into and I fly frequently for work. We had a layover in Fort Lauderdale and had to exit the airport to go to a different terminal to then re-enter and go through security again, and to top it off TSA wouldn’t let me go through precheck. Meanwhile my initial boarding pass is TSA precheck cleared and I showed the gate agent my TSA number, to which he rudely replied ‘this happens everyday’. If this is a daily occurrence how has this not been fixed yet!? Meanwhile we have to throw out all brand new drinks we bought at our first airport. Then my husband is stopped by security and has to throw out items that were already cleared through our first airport, which is one of the busiest airports in the world. Now sitting at the gate, the seats are covered in filth, trash is everywhere and there isn’t a single worker to be found cleaning the mess. I will never fly through this airport again.
Date VisitMay 2019

"below the class of the USA"

Not Verified | I'm disgusted with what I experienced exiting the terminal on arrivals level. There was no security exiting the terminal. I was literally mobbed by men posing as Taxi and Uber drivers illegally. No police around to monitor and protect people from unauthorized solicitation. I deal with this in other countries, but never thought I would see this in the USA. This is way below the class of the USA.
Date VisitApril 2019

"food and trash littered all over the floors"

Not Verified | I have never experienced an airport as bad as this one. Terminal 3 was truly disgusting with food and trash littered all over the floors and seats. We didn't want to sit in the chairs and sat on our bags instead because there was food grime everywhere. TSA pre check was closed and half of security was closed leaving us to navigate hours of waiting time. The kiosks at Jet Blue didnt work and again, over an hour wait. When we finally got through and were starving at 9:30pm because of a long day of travel, all of the restaurants were closed or closing and the only thing left was the fast food shake and burger place which was absolutely disgusting - food all over the floor of the kitchen area and trash everywhere. I could not believe I was in the United States - have travelled everywhere for years and this was truly the worst experience. Avoid this airport at all costs.
Date VisitApril 2019

"airport is absolutely disgusting"

Trip Verified | This airport is absolutely disgusting. I’ve flown in and out of here many times before but it’s been several years and I never remember it being this unclean. We are currently flying out of terminal 3 and the carpets are covered in food crumbs, trash, and things are just generally very dirty. It’s so filthy in here it actually stinks. Waiting for flights in airports is normally very annoying but this is so bad I’d actually rather be sitting and waiting on a plane. It’s also in need of some serious updating and tech updates. Oh, and the TSA agent was extremely rude. I got a full pat down and her hand went up my skirt which made me very uncomfortable. She also neglected to direct me to do what she needed me to do, she just stood there until asked her how she wanted me to hold my hands for whatever she needed so I could be done and move along. Will avoid flying in and out of this airport if I can.

"extremely unorganized"

Not Verified | Worst airport i’ve ever experienced. WiFi was awful could not even send an email due to such poor connection. TSA agents were rude and lines were extremely unorganized overall 1/10
Date VisitMarch 2019

"the place looks unsanitary"

Not Verified | Sitting at Gate 11 at 6.30 am it is filthy here, tables dirty, garbage on floor, the place looks unsanitary. People are taking up 4 or 5 seats to sleep, people sleeping on floor and in the aisles.