Fort Lauderdale Airport

"service at terminal 1 was awful"

Not Verified | I was in the airport helping my 90 year old mother to take a flight with Southwest Airlines. The service at terminal 1 was awful. I had to ask for a wheelchair because nobody came to help us. I also needed a baggage cart and none of the more than three baggage handlers moved to help. I had to walk to another entrance to get a cart and the guy there in a very disrespectful way requested $10 just to give me the cart and carry my luggage 20 feet. All the service personnel related to the outside entrance had no courtesy. I haven't ever seen such an impolite group of persons.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"the entire layout needs to be fixed"

Trip Verified | After a delayed ten hour flight from Europe, we had the most ridiculous parade of nonsense getting through customs. It took over two and a half hours to get through at midnight. The staff here are in desperate need of training and the entire layout needs to be fixed. I will avoid fort Lauderdale airport for the rest of my life. Packed terminals that are dirty and insane traffic 24/7.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"overcrowded lines"

Not Verified | The worst, most disgusting airport I have ever been in. To the lines from the car drop off shuttle to the terminal, sweating outside waiting on a bus, to the kid stomping out the cockroach, to the three-hour delay on my flight, to the horrible choices for food, to the overcrowded lines literally everywhere! Not to mention the wifi is the worst!! To the shuffling of people like we are cattle. Awful!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"do not bother with duty-free"

Not Verified | We bought alcohol at the duty-free store and it was sealed by the store we were told it was ok to bring it with us. The moment we went through the checkpoint we were pulled to the side our bags were taken away and we had to wait for over an hour for the airport security to rip our bags open check the alcohol just to put it back the way we had it, of course, we missed our flight and were put on standby. Good advise, do not bother with the duty-free stores if you want to make your flight.

"Dirty and a dump"

Not Verified | Horrendous awful experience. Do not use this airport in South Florida! Use Miami or Palm Beach. Completely incompetent staff. Unreal delays. Dirty and a dump! The worst experience I have ever had at an airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"a poor excuse for an airport"

Trip Verified | This is a poor excuse for an airport. I have travelled throughout many airports in the world and this ranks as one of the lowest. There was absolutely no thought or planning put into this thing. Getting to the airport is a hassle as the signs are terrible - especially if you are trying to return a rental car. The guys driving the shuttle buses to and from the rental car location are absolutely idiotic and do nothing but pander for tips. Hint - you can walk faster to your terminal than taking one these buses. The terminals are small, crowded with virtually no shopping and horrible restaurants. The security is a total joke - they make up the rules as I go along and act like Nazi's. I had one idiot tell me that I was wearing the wrong type of underwear for Florida. I am not so sure he just didn't want to pat down my crotch. My wife's purse went missing and security ended up doing an "inspection" of it. Our travel cash was in it and we aren't so sure that the guard wasn't trying to take some of it. The restaurants inside the gate are horrible with terrible service and food. This whole place is the lowest of the low. If you need to travel to the area do yourself a favour and go to the Miami Airport it is 100 times better than this monstrosity.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"I do not appreciate the way that I was treated"

Trip Verified | At Fort Lauderdale airport, approximately around 5pm I was on my way to the entry point of the check point near terminal 3 to the right of the American Airlines kiosk. I was abruptly stopped and was aggressively asked “Where is your ID?” I proceeded to look for it in my bag. I usually get my ID out while I wait in the TSA line. He got more aggressive and said “Does this look like a game to you?” He then told me to check in my baggage. The same bag I was able to carry on with AA from DFW to Fort Lauderdale. When asked for his name, he claimed that his name is “Brian”. However when asked to see his badge, he would not comply. He continued to state “If you don’t like the way you’re being treated, go to a different airport”. I am filing a complaint, because I do not appreciate the way that I was treated. I also could’ve been late for my flight. This type of behavior is not suited to represent your airport. If he met someone more confrontational, they would’ve recorded it and all of this would be all over the news.
Date VisitJune 2019

"almost 3 hours at immigration"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale Airport is the worst airport ever. We were left waiting for almost 3 hours at immigration, just to show our passports. And so were lots of other people, we will never return. Never again, ever!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"poor example of customer service"

Trip Verified | Being from a Royal Air Force Family, I have been flying in and out of airports for the last 60 years. Never in all that time have I been treated with such contempt and rudeness as I encountered at the pre security Cross Grain Brewhouse in terminal 4. We entered to find very few spare seats and one table for four occupied by one man. My husband who suffers from vestibular neuronitis (a problem with balance) took a seat at the table as he was feeling dizzy. My husband is a Royal Airforce Veteran. He then suffered a tirade from one of the servers who told him he couldn’t sit there until the person at the table had finished his meal. Told him it was rude to sit there and asked ‘who would do that’. She continued with her abuse to myself and my daughter and added that we could not just have drinks, this after making us wait some time for her attention. We are from the U.K., were unaware that it is not allowed to take a vacant seat. This is an international airport where people from around the world with different rules and regulations visit. This woman is a very poor example of customer service, a disgusting ambassador for the airport and America. She left our family extremely upset with her atrocious behaviour. We had just spent two weeks in Florida where until this incident we were treated with respect and great courtesy by everyone we met. They were friendly, and helpful. I hope we never come across her like again.
Date VisitMay 2019

"What genius came up with this design"

Not Verified | I live in FLL, this airport which has just had a lot of work completed is horrid. I dropped off a friend at terminal 3 a few days ago and at departures they have designed so there's no cover from the rain - this is a place that gets 6 months of thunderstorms a year. What genius came up with this design. The result - everyone sitting in their cars waiting for the torrential rain to stop before getting out to get their luggage out. Talk about adding to what is an airport already at capacity and backed up with check in and security - I blame Spirit Airlines for that. Another thing - there is no decent lounges - this is an area where wealthy people travel through all the time for cruises and yacht trips. I hate Miami airport but at least they have nice lounges there, FLL needs to catch up and sharpen their game. On top of that last time I was there I had no mobile signal (T-mobile) and their WIFI is awful. I go to central and South American and have better WIFI - this is the USA there's no excuse for that!
Date VisitApril 2019