Fort Lauderdale Airport

"no manners whatsoever"

Not Verified | The TSA agents in charge of the security checks were rude, condescending, threatening people with no manners whatsoever. They treat passengers, including the very elderly in wheelchairs, with zero respect. Fort Lauderdale is perhaps the worst airport in the world solely because of them. A class in sensitivity training, or basic human decency, would go a long way. It is sad that they are getting paid to scream at, humiliate and belittle travelers.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"bags were quickly delivered"

Trip Verified | After reading some of the reviews posted here it was with some trepidation that I approached my first experience of passing through FLL. My concerns proved to be groundless though. There were no queues at Immigration and we were speedily processed through. Our bags were quickly delivered and there were no hold ups at Customs. On our return, we were pleased to discover plenty of desks open at Norwegian and check-in was quick. There were no queues at the security checks and, again, we were swiftly through. Overall, a very impressive experience.

"Staff was not helpful"

Not Verified | Had a wallet stolen Friday night, nobody could help because lost and found is only open week days. Cleaning staff was in the restroom where the wallet was left and it was still never reported! Staff was not helpful at all! Never again will I fly here.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"a horrific and very unpleasant smell"

Not Verified | As I imagine that you pay a company to clean your restrooms, the restrooms near gate G11 had a horrific and very unpleasant smell. Now, about the rest of the airport, there was great service and I was very pleased with how diligent everyone was with their work.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Don’t pretend to be environmentally friendly"

Trip Verified | This airport is just ok in every way. However, I was appalled to watch the woman who came around to collect the trash and recycling. She took the bag out of the recycling bin and threw it directly into the trash can. When someone came up to her with a plastic water bottle and ask to throw it in the recycling, she directly the person to throw it in the trash. The person again said she wanted to throw it in the recycling and the woman directed her to throw it in the trash. She then sealed up the trash with the recycling in it and put in her cart. Don’t pretend to be environmentally friendly if you aren’t!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"open one decent restaurant"

Trip Verified | I only fly Delta and therefore only ever pass through Terminal 2. There are only two sit-down dining options in this terminal and both serve their food on plastic plates with plastic utensils. I wish they would open one decent restaurant in this terminal.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"No regard for people"

Not Verified | Nobody was at customs when we arrived. We took over 50 minutes to get through it. One agent continually threatening people. No assistance with a wheelchair. Missed connecting flight. No regard for people.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"poorly designed and mismanaged"

Trip Verified | This was the absolute worst airport I've ever been to. Getting here is like herding cattle, you are made to wait instantly on arrival from any international flight. They made my brother wait 3 hours on the plane because there were too many people in line at immigration this airport so obviously poorly designed and mismanaged. They are definitely not capable for handeling international flights. You go from one line to the next line and each space is smaller than the next with no air conditioning or windows. Everyone goes in this never ending line no matter what status you are. Citizen or not. Baggage claim is also a mess. Various bags thrown everywhere from various different flights that you are supposed to search through. Prepare to maybe miss a connection due to this airports negligence. All in all the worst airport experience I've ever had in any country not just the US.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Horrible in every way"

Trip Verified | Horrible in every way. Slow, rude TSA security, despite my having PreCheck. Hopelessly inadequate gate seating - passengers were sitting on floor and other passengers tripping over their outstretched legs. Filthy bathrooms. Few and overpriced places to eat. Signage, when it exists at all, is misleading.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"This was the worst airport"

Not Verified | This was the worst airport I have ever been in. We landed in terminal 1 at gate C and realized we needed to go to gate E. We didn’t see that on any of the signs so we asked people at the help desk. They told us they had no idea what or where that was! After googling it ourselves, we realized we had to go outside to terminal 3 and leave the airport, this meant that to make our connecting flight we had to go outside and re-enter the airport and again go through security! This was for a domestic flight! I have never heard of such a thing and I have traveled in the US fairly often. This led to a huge line and we almost missed our next flight. There was also no outside bus that we saw that would take us between terminals (we waited where it said to). We had to drag and carry our luggage in the heat. Everyone we encountered seemed rude or had no idea how to answer our questions! I will never fly though here again and that is saying something because a lot of airports are busier and less convenient. Terrible!
Date VisitJuly 2018