Fort Lauderdale Airport

"This airport is nasty"

Trip Verified | This airport is nasty. The floor where you sit has garbage on the floors and you see no one cleaning the area at all. The people at the counters are rude when you ask them a question. Never seen a airport that does not care about the upkeep. When you walk in the E area for gates it smells like old mopped water. Smell like mildew.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst security staff I have ever seen"

Not Verified | Traveled all over the world. Worst security staff I have ever seen or experienced. Staff not doing their job with conflicting directions to passengers. Staff arguing with each other and passengers. Just horrible.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"employees were either rude or of no help at all"

Trip Verified | While traveling with 11 family members, my 85 year old mother was injured on an incoming international flight by a fellow passenger dropping luggage on her from an overhead bin. We asked for medical and security assistance on the plane, but none was provided. After de-boarding the plane, we were given a wheelchair. Family members were then instructed to proceed with the wheelchair through custom, through luggage pickup and then through luggage re-check, with little to no assistance. After luggage re-check, we were told we could not take the wheelchair through TSA to our next gate without airport personnel's assistants. After waiting for over 30 minutes with 9 other wheelchair bound individuals and no one coming to assist, we finally found someone and begged them to help us make the next flight. We made it to the gate just before takeoff. With the exception of the lady that helped us make the gate, other employees were either rude or of no help at all. Even after asking airport security to help us file a report again, we were told to talk to the airline personnel. Not a good experience.

"TSA was extremely rude"

Trip Verified | It took us two hours to go through security when they were only about 20 people ahead of us. TSA was extremely rude. When my mother, who is 80 years old, came up to go through the x-ray machine, they asked her how old she was? When she said she is 80, they virtually shoved her toward another lane and said: “you go here without any explanation.” We were then separated. And she stood there and waited for several minutes, feeling humiliated and shaken up until an attendant just came and let her through another gate. It is unacceptable.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"staff were rude talking back"

Trip Verified | My mother fell yesterday was unable to walk without cane assistance. This just took place yesterday upon arrival at Allegiant outside drop off I ask to men working United for help was told no. Then at Allegiant bag check in the lady said stand aside at 4:45 for a 6:00 flight boarding. After waiting 10 minutes and in fear of not making boarding due to lines at check point security and staff were rude talking back. I took it upon myself to get her in one. Now we have 2 personal bags and 2 paid checked carry on. I myself have had two back surgeries so I am struggling I passed 2 employees setting on a wall by Auntie Ann Pretzel on a wall just chilling. Asked them for help to be told that is not my job.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"it seemed old and outdated"

Trip Verified | This airport did what an airport is supposed to do, as I had seating and food while waiting for flight connections. But it seemed old and outdated, just basically not a pleasant place to be. Signs indicate that a major renovation is coming, so hopefully that will improve things.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"service at terminal 1 was awful"

Not Verified | I was in the airport helping my 90 year old mother to take a flight with Southwest Airlines. The service at terminal 1 was awful. I had to ask for a wheelchair because nobody came to help us. I also needed a baggage cart and none of the more than three baggage handlers moved to help. I had to walk to another entrance to get a cart and the guy there in a very disrespectful way requested $10 just to give me the cart and carry my luggage 20 feet. All the service personnel related to the outside entrance had no courtesy. I haven't ever seen such an impolite group of persons.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"the entire layout needs to be fixed"

Trip Verified | After a delayed ten hour flight from Europe, we had the most ridiculous parade of nonsense getting through customs. It took over two and a half hours to get through at midnight. The staff here are in desperate need of training and the entire layout needs to be fixed. I will avoid fort Lauderdale airport for the rest of my life. Packed terminals that are dirty and insane traffic 24/7.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"overcrowded lines"

Not Verified | The worst, most disgusting airport I have ever been in. To the lines from the car drop off shuttle to the terminal, sweating outside waiting on a bus, to the kid stomping out the cockroach, to the three-hour delay on my flight, to the horrible choices for food, to the overcrowded lines literally everywhere! Not to mention the wifi is the worst!! To the shuffling of people like we are cattle. Awful!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"do not bother with duty-free"

Not Verified | We bought alcohol at the duty-free store and it was sealed by the store we were told it was ok to bring it with us. The moment we went through the checkpoint we were pulled to the side our bags were taken away and we had to wait for over an hour for the airport security to rip our bags open check the alcohol just to put it back the way we had it, of course, we missed our flight and were put on standby. Good advise, do not bother with the duty-free stores if you want to make your flight.
Date VisitJuly 2019