Exeter Airport

"crummy, badly run airport"

Trip Verified | What a crummy, badly run airport. Toilets more often than not filthy. 1 hour free wifi in 2019?! I know Exeter is the back of beyond, but the management here (if they have any?) need to get into the real world and look at properly run airports. Strongly recommend to avoid this failing airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"has the potential to be great"

Trip Verified | Exeter airport has the potential to be great, but is let down badly by the customer service abilities of some staff. Upon departing the airport for a short weekend away whilst passing through security, staff demanded that we remove our toiletries already in clear plastic bags and place in their own ones. I had a travel bag specifically bought for this purpose which I have used in every UK and European airport without trouble since these rules came in, but this was not deemed appropriate. On arriving back at the airport passing through passport control, my partner and I received an interrogation about our trip which appeared very personal. I understand checks need to be in place but this appeared excessive to that which I have ever experienced travelling from too any other airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"manners cost nothing"

Trip Verified | The rudest women ever came over to shout at us at baggage reclaim, telling my son to get back. I was watching him and was right next to him, she was making a fuss over nothing, the way she spoke to us was disgusting. Her job is to work with the public, manners cost nothing! I am fuming.
Date VisitMay 2019

"money-grubbing parking concession"

Not Verified | Generally tolerable local airport, but the experience is ruined by the money-grubbing parking concession that fleeces drivers out of £1 to drop passengers off, even if they don't actually park. Though it's a small expense, it's a slimy practice that adds to the inconvenience to travelling and delivers no value to the users of the airport.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"surly, shoddy and belligerent"

(Tuvalu)

Not Verified | I have travelled in all 5 continents and through many airports and I have never had such surly, shoddy and belligerent attitude as I came across today. The security looked and were an absolute shambles, one female security officer was exceedingly rude when my husband asked a very straight forward question. I don’t know of course if the entire airport had all had bad news but that is how it appeared.
Date VisitMay 2018

"use Bristol wherever possible"

Not Verified | The management of this airport have wrapped up a bias for their chosen taxi firm in a security message which quite frankly is a joke. They have closed the road and force all other traffic into a containment area which bears a minimum charge. Quite frankly using airport security as an excuse to make money is odious and poor business practice. I use Bristol wherever possible these days.
Date VisitApril 2018

"a wholly unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | I've been travelling widely in UK and Europe, and recently in Africa, and Exeter Airport is the worst of any that I've passed through. It is the only one that I'm aware of in UK to charge a drop off fee - £1 - equivalent to an hourly rate of £60. The security staff were terse, and unfriendly. My body search took twice as long as necessary, as a trainee was undertaking it - the fact that I noted I had a metal hip seemed to make no difference to the search. The search was conducted by a trainee and I was not asked if I was happy with this, the search was overly intimate. A tube of shaving gel was removed from my wash bag, although the total for the full shaving gel cannister was over the 100ml limit, it was obvious that the container was half full, as it was transparent, but this seemed to make no difference whatsoever. All in all a wholly unpleasant experience from an airport that seems to have no sense of commercial sensitivity to the customer experience, and seeks simply to extract the maximum cash from customers for the minimum service. I would - and will - take Newquay or Bristol any day, much better value and much more pleasant staff.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"small and shabby terminal"

Trip Verified | A small and shabby terminal with little in the way of customer facilities. Long stay parking is extortionate, no matter how far ahead you pay. I also found the airport staff rude and confrontational and seriously lacking in basic customer service skills. It's conveniently located for me, but there's nothing else I like about this place.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"airport so cold"

(Spain)

Unverified | Our flight from Exeter was 6 am and the weather was very cool - why was the airport so cold? It was so uncomfortable, even after getting jumpers out of our case. Staff were friendly and helpful but over all we feel it could have been a better experience with more consideration to over use of air-conditioning.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"worst regional airport in UK"

Verified Review | Saturday morning departure in August. Absolute mayhem, the airport was filthy. Service at coffee shop atrocious with Saturday girls unable to make a coffee. Security staff polite, but failed to notice 750ml bottle of water in carrier bag! Toilets were revolting at best. Must be the worst regional airport in UK.
Date VisitAugust 2017