Exeter Airport

"Another grotty airport"

Trip Verified | Another grotty airport. Small pieces of litter everywhere - downstairs cafe, upstairs cafe outdoor viewing area. But this level of trashiness is to be expected these days as every service is contracted out. So nobody gives a damn as it isn't their responsibility. As is sit here i can count 30+ pieces of rubbish from my seat including a half eaten sausage lying on the floor. Just disgusting.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"much better than some reviews would suggest"

Not Verified | I feel this airport is much better than some reviews would suggest. I agree with the comment about having to pay to drop off passengers, this started fairly recently and is not a very promising introduction to the rest of the facilities. It’s only a small airport despite having one of the longest runways in the country, so you should not expect facilities to be on a par with Heathrow or Gatwick. It’s generally clean. There is a small cafe in the departure lounge which seemed on a par with most other airport’s cafes, not thrilling and overpriced but perfectly edible offerings. Reasonable seating. I can’t really comment on customer service as I only spoke to one person on the check-in desk who seemed perfectly courteous if a little lacking in enthusiasm. But to be honest you don’t generally find airport staff have a lot of opportunity to display their people skills, the system is geared to getting everyone through as quickly as possible. We live very close and for us the advantages of the airport outweigh any minor disadvantages and it seems to offer an increasing range of destinations every year. Give it a chance, people!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Shocking customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible, miserable security staff, no respect for travellers or their belongings. Shocking customer service. It costs nothing to be polite to service users!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"disgusted to be kept waiting so long"

Not Verified | It was going all to well, until I got a text to say the Thompson flight was delayed for 1.5 hours with an excuse about crew. I got to the airport, checked in. That was the best bit. But when we landed on the return flight it took over an hour to get through customs as they only had two passport control officers on duty. When I said you need more staff the reply was "you aren't wrong there, we are from Heathrow". Absolutely disgusted to be kept waiting so long. First time flying from Exeter and probably the last.
Date VisitJune 2019

"crummy, badly run airport"

Trip Verified | What a crummy, badly run airport. Toilets more often than not filthy. 1 hour free wifi in 2019?! I know Exeter is the back of beyond, but the management here (if they have any?) need to get into the real world and look at properly run airports. Strongly recommend to avoid this failing airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"has the potential to be great"

Trip Verified | Exeter airport has the potential to be great, but is let down badly by the customer service abilities of some staff. Upon departing the airport for a short weekend away whilst passing through security, staff demanded that we remove our toiletries already in clear plastic bags and place in their own ones. I had a travel bag specifically bought for this purpose which I have used in every UK and European airport without trouble since these rules came in, but this was not deemed appropriate. On arriving back at the airport passing through passport control, my partner and I received an interrogation about our trip which appeared very personal. I understand checks need to be in place but this appeared excessive to that which I have ever experienced travelling from too any other airport.

"manners cost nothing"

Trip Verified | The rudest women ever came over to shout at us at baggage reclaim, telling my son to get back. I was watching him and was right next to him, she was making a fuss over nothing, the way she spoke to us was disgusting. Her job is to work with the public, manners cost nothing! I am fuming.
Date VisitMay 2019

"money-grubbing parking concession"

Not Verified | Generally tolerable local airport, but the experience is ruined by the money-grubbing parking concession that fleeces drivers out of £1 to drop passengers off, even if they don't actually park. Though it's a small expense, it's a slimy practice that adds to the inconvenience to travelling and delivers no value to the users of the airport.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"surly, shoddy and belligerent"

(Tuvalu)

Not Verified | I have travelled in all 5 continents and through many airports and I have never had such surly, shoddy and belligerent attitude as I came across today. The security looked and were an absolute shambles, one female security officer was exceedingly rude when my husband asked a very straight forward question. I don’t know of course if the entire airport had all had bad news but that is how it appeared.
Date VisitMay 2018

"use Bristol wherever possible"

Not Verified | The management of this airport have wrapped up a bias for their chosen taxi firm in a security message which quite frankly is a joke. They have closed the road and force all other traffic into a containment area which bears a minimum charge. Quite frankly using airport security as an excuse to make money is odious and poor business practice. I use Bristol wherever possible these days.
Date VisitApril 2018