Exeter Airport

"experience was relatively smooth"

Trip Verified | Departure experience was relatively smooth, an early morning flight on Ryanair so airport was very quiet. Security was well managed, clear markings on the floor to encourage social distancing. However there was no coffee shop open so nowhere to buy a drink or a bite to eat. Arriving back was very quick, there were a number of staff members on hand to organise passengers, no queue at passport control and bags were out within minutes, however this was to be expected due to a very quiet flight and an empty airport. Overall, whilst the airport appeared clean we did not see any staff members cleaning while we were there with no hand sanitising stations available to passengers.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"zero customer service skills"

Not Verified | Supervisor at check-in had zero customer service skills. She was apathetic and had no empathy. We had an error with website on Ryanair and she clearly could not be bothered to explain the situation, just wanted the £55 Ryanair check in fee. Just really poor skills at handling customers or complaints. Shameful.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Jobsworth security staff"

Trip Verified | Jobsworth security staff ruined our departure experience. They checked absolutely everything. Ran through all our toiletries even though they were in less than 100 ml bottles. Checked the bottles with their dipper sticks whilst behaving like control freaks, very unpleasant experience and wholly unacceptable and unnecessary. They didn’t need to nitpick over absolutely everything and refused one item that was clearly in an allowed bottle on the grounds it did not state the size. How do these people sleep at night adopting such a bullying mentality?
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"ruined the day for us"

Not Verified | The airport was fine and the staff were up until we had to go through security. I went to help my sister as I saw she had to open her case. The security staff made my sister go through all her toiletries even though they were all 100 mls or less and in a clear zip-top bag. The woman said she had too many and started throwing them out. I said to my sister it was strange as I had just been cleared through and had no problems. This woman then demanded I open my bag and promptly went through all my toiletries throwing out some because she said I had too many, even though I explained I'd just been security checked and passed through. She was really nasty and spiteful. My sister and I didn't have too much she was just being bloody minded. We tried to argue but she just got nastier. There was absolutely no need for her to be so rude. Exeter airport really needs to teach its staff how to react with the customer and be polite and helpful. She really ruined the day for us.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I was not impressed"

Not Verified | The Flybe check-in staff was very pleasant and helpful but other than this I was not impressed. The cost of parking is shockingly expensive at nearly £30 per day (pre-booked) and the parking instructions are inaccurate. When I pushed the 'call help' button on exiting the car park I was spoken to in a curt manner. The security screening staff were rude. I was told by one staff member to walk through the scanner and by another to take off my shoes. Couldn't do both at once but was told off and then subjected to extra checks. No customer skills are evident in security!
Date VisitNovember 2019

"manners cost nothing"

Not Verified | Having booked fast track security for my departure I was looking forward to a pleasant experience, unfortunately as a lone female traveller at 6 am I was disgusted by the way I was spoken to by the lady who was working on the hand luggage scanner. I can only describe her behaviour as belittling and rude and as it was not busy there was no need to act this way. This put a real downer on what was supposed to be the start of an exciting trip and I understand she had a job to do but manners cost nothing.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Exeter Airport should be ashamed"

Trip Verified | A bad experience as a wheelchair user, arriving at Exeter Airport from Palma Majorca early on a Saturday afternoon with my wife and 7 year old grandson I received help from a female member of staff to get me from the aircraft down the narrow ramps onto the tarmac, and that is where any more assistance ended. Off we go to collect our suitcases and the entrance into the building couldn't be any further from the aircraft, luckily it wasn't raining, as we approached the entrance I noticed a ramp up to doorway with a male and a female member of staff with their high vis jackets stood at the top of the and neither one offered any assistance whatsoever to my wife, disgraceful. Through passport control and out to the carousel to collect three suitcases and not a helping hand in sight, it was real struggle to get to the car park and Exeter Airport should be ashamed. I would like to point out myself and my wife are both in our 60s and that Exeter Airport were made well aware in advance of the assistance that was needed, I was the only passenger on board the aircraft that needed assistance and there were a fair few people stood around in high visibilty vests doing nothing so surely someone could have further assistance.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Another grotty airport"

Trip Verified | Another grotty airport. Small pieces of litter everywhere - downstairs cafe, upstairs cafe outdoor viewing area. But this level of trashiness is to be expected these days as every service is contracted out. So nobody gives a damn as it isn't their responsibility. As is sit here i can count 30+ pieces of rubbish from my seat including a half eaten sausage lying on the floor. Just disgusting.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"much better than some reviews would suggest"

Not Verified | I feel this airport is much better than some reviews would suggest. I agree with the comment about having to pay to drop off passengers, this started fairly recently and is not a very promising introduction to the rest of the facilities. It’s only a small airport despite having one of the longest runways in the country, so you should not expect facilities to be on a par with Heathrow or Gatwick. It’s generally clean. There is a small cafe in the departure lounge which seemed on a par with most other airport’s cafes, not thrilling and overpriced but perfectly edible offerings. Reasonable seating. I can’t really comment on customer service as I only spoke to one person on the check-in desk who seemed perfectly courteous if a little lacking in enthusiasm. But to be honest you don’t generally find airport staff have a lot of opportunity to display their people skills, the system is geared to getting everyone through as quickly as possible. We live very close and for us the advantages of the airport outweigh any minor disadvantages and it seems to offer an increasing range of destinations every year. Give it a chance, people!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Shocking customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible, miserable security staff, no respect for travellers or their belongings. Shocking customer service. It costs nothing to be polite to service users!
Date VisitJuly 2019