Denpasar Bali Airport

"a decent airport"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Went here for a short transit at the domestic airside. It was formerly an International terminal, now a new domestic terminal, and I can't stop smiling at how the terminal looks like. It combines international and local design and there are a few parks in the airport which is quite nice. Wi-Fi was speedy, no line at the security and everything was done under 5 minutes, transferring process was pretty easy. The gates were, in the other hand, quite difficult to navigate. There's only one small billboard, and a sticker at the glass near the gate. This I think should be improved. Nevertheless, this terminal reflects culture and modern architecture and is a decent airport.

"Really long lines"

(Taiwan)

Not Verified | Worst airport ever! Really long lines on the way in and even worse, longer lines on the way out! Poor organization so half the lines move really fast and the other half moves so slow some people nearly miss their flights!

"pathetically slow immigration"

Not Verified | From pathetically slow immigration system because of lack of immigration officers, to incorrect posting arrival luggage information, to unacceptable flight delays on three out of three landings is nothing but 19th century performance. Shameful.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"unacceptable levels of service"

Not Verified | Absolute third world levels of service. The rest of the world is moving to scanners and you insist on two hour queues for visa on arrival. Children and kids all having to queue for 14 immigration officers when there were at least 1500 people waiting. Moved about a third of the way in 40. Totally unacceptable levels of service for the 21st century.

"What an awful airport"

Not Verified | What an awful airport. They screened our bags before check in. Then they made us open them at the check in desk. Then they x-rayed them as normal for hand luggage. They made us open them again for checking at the gate. 29 degrees outside, the only place with seating is at the gate, which was like a glasshouse. Hard plastic seating. Just shocking.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"awful customer service at the airport"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Worst airport I have ever been to. 1) Waited 1 hour in check in line - not very long line. Staff were working in slow motion. 2) Rude staff. 3) Waited 20 minutes in line to board plane. Even though they kept announcing to board the plane asap! 4) Each customers boarding pass was checked 8 times. Again and and Again. 5) Took lighter in my bag away saying it was forbidden. This has never ever happened. 6) Horrible air conditioning, felt sweaty and nauseous. Loved Bali so much and I’m so sad that the experience ended with the awful customer service at the airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"very disorganised"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Very disorganised! Waiting at the immigration for over 2 hours! Staff very rude and even suggested paying them in order to help us through immigration. Very dirty.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"little bit chaotic"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | A little bit chaotic airport. At the second security check they the took my lighter I han in my hand luggage. Forbidden they said! Never ever had do surrender my light at any airport in the world.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"worst airport we’ve ever been to"

Not Verified | The worst airport we’ve ever been to. So much so that it’s put us off ever coming back to Bali. The staff are all too busy on their phones to care that they’re taking forever to even check you in. Took well over an hour for thirty people to go through check in! Then you go through security, heavily featuring staff busy larking about to do their jobs. After security, you stand in a huge queue to just have your passport checked. The airport is hot and seeing as you aren’t allowed to bring water through security, the least the airline could do is provide you with some! We had ten minutes left to get to our gate even though we were at the airport with nearly four hours to spare thanks to the gates only opening two hours before check in is available. We got to our gate but turns out it had changed gates with no one being updated! Then another painfully long queue. We were meant to have boarded by 11.45pm. No one is on the plane yet. Appalling.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"a terrible experience"

Not Verified | Due to a delayed flight I was moving quickly through Denpasar Bali Airport with the help of supportive staff until I was stopped by a security officer. I explained that the previous flight had been delayed and I needed to move quickly to board the next flight. The security officer then proceeded to pull every item out of both bags, search me and walk away to check my passport. Finally I was cleared to continue and sprinted to reach my flight with 10 minutes to spare. It was a terrible experience and I hope to never fly to or through Denpasar Bali Airport ever again.