Denpasar Bali Airport

"very friendly staff"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Bali international airport is a simple modern airport that serves the most busy island in the world. Under these circumstances it doing very well. Average lounges, no special amenities, very friendly staff. Often delays cause big air traffic.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"taxi system is a scam"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | I live on Bali for 10 years now, and I've seen the taxi touts and the taxi company's (there is only one official one allowed, and it is not the trustworthy Bluebird taxi) bad behavior, inflated prices and outright aggression, especially at the so-called 'official' taxi counter. Don't take them, they are simply not safe either. It is a disgrace how tourists who just arrived are being cheated by them. Arriving on Bali airport will let you be the victim of aggressive taxi touts who literally double, triple or quadruple the price, depending on how gullible you look, especially at the 'official' taxi counter. If you ask questions about it they will threaten you. The airport taxi system is a scam and gives Bali and the Balinese a very bad name. The airport should get its act together and finally do something about it. Until then, go to the first floor (the departure area) and take a Grab taxi (Grab is the Southeast Asia equivalent of Uber and is safe and reliable).
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | If you’re over 60 or with children under 5 go to the right of the immigration desks (there are signs), there is a fast track for over 60’s. Age has few advantages so take ‘em when you can. Baggage reclaim is notoriously slow we were lucky our bag was out first and our wait was only 20 minutes so on arrival it was pretty good. There are a few ATMs just after baggage reclaim if you want cash and shortly after them companies selling SIM cards. On departure, we checked in within 5 minutes, 10 minutes through security and 5 minutes through immigration. So all in all a good experience compared to some reviews I’ve read about this airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"really a bad experience"

Not Verified | I visited Bali with my family for holiday. My mom using a wheelchair and she’s holding Indonesian passport. During the self checkout, there was no one from immigration staff who’s willing to help her. She has to stand to scan her passport & her fingerprint. What a different treatment when we were in Singapore. The staffs respect the senior & treat her well. I was pushing her wheelchair & also a difficulty during self checkout but the immigration staff just told me to wait in line with the foreigner who’s going to visit Bali on VOA! So my mom has to wait for me because obviously she cannot pick up our luggage and have to stand because i have her wheelchair with me. This is really a bad experience for our holiday trip.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Dining and shopping options were outstanding"

Trip Verified | I love the architecture of Bali's airport. I was able to book a prepaid taxi from within the terminal. I did not experience long lines at any point during arrival or departure. Dining and shopping options were outstanding. Ample seating with big windows for plane spotting. During my visit, the airport was decorated for Christmas. Bali's airport met all my needs and I look forward to visiting it again.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Absolute worst airport"

Trip Verified | Absolute worst airport experience I've had. Rude staff, long queues, terrible business class lounge. I was firmly asked to check expensive camera equipment after I'd already checked in when I had no issues coming into the country. Cameras are now considered weapons according to DPS Staff. When I questioned this I was told I needed to respect their country and governments decisions.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"a long way to go"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately, I echo the sentiments of many before me who think this airport has a long way to go in order to become a world-class tourist destination airport. Arrivals is a complete shambles with dozens of lines but no one really sure where to stand but with brief glimpses of maybe 4 or 5 staffed immigration desks. Looking around arrivals, it looks like one huge empty space and it's hot, the aircon is poor but the toilets are at least clean. I found departures much better, the security checks are strict and frequent but I don't mind that, makes me feel safer. The departure area and duty-free are stock standard and reminded me of my home airport, (Tullamarine) so it was OK. The food choices were good. The departure terminals are well laid out and there a place for smokers at T5 if that's your thing. Unfortunately a far better departure experience than arrival.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Third world airport and services"

Not Verified | Third world airport and services. All the money that is made from tourism and you need to endure the most ineffective immigration staff anywhere on earth. Luggage that took so long I thought it had come on another later flight. Chaos when you get through customs with random people and prices for taxis hassling. Not good enough. D- score or 1 out of 10. All it would take would be someone caring and valuing tourism.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"massive queues which move very slowly"

Not Verified | Immigration on arrival has got to be one of the very worst in the world, massive queues which move very slowly in a generally disorganized manner. If you're connecting to domestic flights allow a minimum 3 hour connection (minimum, minimum, minimum) - relatively high level of disorganization across the board in all facets of the operation - check-in slow, make sure you go early.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Airport signs and guides also good"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Staff and Officers are helpful. Airport signs and guides also good. Only one minus - I have traveled for my holidays and we didn't face any issues on our arrival. While departing from Bali they didn't allow us to carry our selfie sticks with us. (We don't have any baggage so they charged IDR 250,000 for stick and IDR 80,000 for wrapping in the plastic).
Date VisitSeptember 2019