Denpasar Bali Airport

"really a bad experience"

Not Verified | I visited Bali with my family for holiday. My mom using a wheelchair and she’s holding Indonesian passport. During the self checkout, there was no one from immigration staff who’s willing to help her. She has to stand to scan her passport & her fingerprint. What a different treatment when we were in Singapore. The staffs respect the senior & treat her well. I was pushing her wheelchair & also a difficulty during self checkout but the immigration staff just told me to wait in line with the foreigner who’s going to visit Bali on VOA! So my mom has to wait for me because obviously she cannot pick up our luggage and have to stand because i have her wheelchair with me. This is really a bad experience for our holiday trip.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Dining and shopping options were outstanding"

Trip Verified | I love the architecture of Bali's airport. I was able to book a prepaid taxi from within the terminal. I did not experience long lines at any point during arrival or departure. Dining and shopping options were outstanding. Ample seating with big windows for plane spotting. During my visit, the airport was decorated for Christmas. Bali's airport met all my needs and I look forward to visiting it again.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Absolute worst airport"

Trip Verified | Absolute worst airport experience I've had. Rude staff, long queues, terrible business class lounge. I was firmly asked to check expensive camera equipment after I'd already checked in when I had no issues coming into the country. Cameras are now considered weapons according to DPS Staff. When I questioned this I was told I needed to respect their country and governments decisions.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"a long way to go"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately, I echo the sentiments of many before me who think this airport has a long way to go in order to become a world-class tourist destination airport. Arrivals is a complete shambles with dozens of lines but no one really sure where to stand but with brief glimpses of maybe 4 or 5 staffed immigration desks. Looking around arrivals, it looks like one huge empty space and it's hot, the aircon is poor but the toilets are at least clean. I found departures much better, the security checks are strict and frequent but I don't mind that, makes me feel safer. The departure area and duty-free are stock standard and reminded me of my home airport, (Tullamarine) so it was OK. The food choices were good. The departure terminals are well laid out and there a place for smokers at T5 if that's your thing. Unfortunately a far better departure experience than arrival.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Third world airport and services"

Not Verified | Third world airport and services. All the money that is made from tourism and you need to endure the most ineffective immigration staff anywhere on earth. Luggage that took so long I thought it had come on another later flight. Chaos when you get through customs with random people and prices for taxis hassling. Not good enough. D- score or 1 out of 10. All it would take would be someone caring and valuing tourism.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"massive queues which move very slowly"

Not Verified | Immigration on arrival has got to be one of the very worst in the world, massive queues which move very slowly in a generally disorganized manner. If you're connecting to domestic flights allow a minimum 3 hour connection (minimum, minimum, minimum) - relatively high level of disorganization across the board in all facets of the operation - check-in slow, make sure you go early.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Airport signs and guides also good"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Staff and Officers are helpful. Airport signs and guides also good. Only one minus - I have traveled for my holidays and we didn't face any issues on our arrival. While departing from Bali they didn't allow us to carry our selfie sticks with us. (We don't have any baggage so they charged IDR 250,000 for stick and IDR 80,000 for wrapping in the plastic).
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Poor systems and poor tourist care"

Trip Verified | We have been stuck in line between baggage check and immigration check for well over 1 hour with little sign of the line moving. Nobody from the airport has had the customer care enough to inform us what is happening. The line is not moving and the airport seems to have stopped. We have missed the boarding closing time. Total chaos here and with nobody updating us as to why this is happening. Poor systems and poor tourist care!

"Nonsensical security checks"

Not Verified | I find the Balinese people lovely but I’m not sure what happens when they arrive at their job at the airport but power crazy comes to mind. This airport only magnifies just how difficult traveling can be in a third world country. Nonsensical security checks. Like checking suitcases through a scanner before airport check in. The laughable thing is we had bags on top of bags so no way they could have been checked thoroughly, the guy who was supposed to be checking them wasn’t even looking at the screen. Same at passport control, two immigration girls having a chat whilst hundreds of people waiting. She didn’t check our photos. Then there’s the 4th bag check before you get on the plane .... no water allowed (purchased airside and unopened ) to be taken on the aircraft.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Arrogant and aggressive for no reason"

Not Verified | Terrible! Queue for an hour then met the rudest immigration staff ever! (And I travel worldwide for work). Bali is nice with nice people but the immigration staff have put me off ever going again! Arrogant and aggressive for no reason. I'll find another destination for my next trip
Date VisitJune 2019