Buenos Aires Airport

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I arrived and departed from EZE. To fully enjoy this airport you really have to like waiting in line. Upon arrival you have to wait in line at immigration which is normal at most international airports. However when you depart you have to wait in line at the check-in as the check-in kiosks aren't common at EZE yet. In addition you have to wait in line for passport control and of course security. The security check is fairly thorough but they only have a few stations which causes huge line ups. I really appreciated the smoking room in the departure level as well as the pretty large duty free shop. When you depart from EZE in the evening you need to leave for the airport on time. The trip from downtown Buenos Aires can easily take 1.5 to 2 hours during rush hour. The public transport to/from the airport is adequate.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I wish more airports offered the excellent Customer Service that Aeropuertos Argentinas does at Ezeiza with fully manned desks and helpful staff. During my trip this month I ran into delayed flights cancelations and even a strike by Aerolineas Argentinas staff. Speaking little Spanish I couldn't have managed without this superb organization. I have used them on arrival to have porters available as my wife and I can no longer handle heavy luggage.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

EZE has been upgraded over the years and arrival experience is much better than before. Luckily arrived this time at 1130 with TAM and into an almost empty immigration hall. It can be chock a block when several flights from Europe / USA arrive at once but my worst wait was no more then 30 minutes. Baggage claim straightforward. A word to the uninitiated - do not consider changing money in the arrivals hall or area immediately outside other than at the Banco de la Nacion. BNA offered usd $1 for ARS $390 the going rate. I saw the other places offering $330. Taxi Ezeiza (safereliable and prepaid at the kiosk ) is ARS $118 into town but only ARS $88 for the return. Do not consider a verbal offer from anyone in the arrivals area. Departing processes are straightforward again depending upon time of day and the Duty Free shopping is quite good. Toilet facilities airside could do with modernisation but are clean.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

Arrived 3 hours prior to international flight and no queues at check-in but then it was a 2 am flight. Little security at xray but we found out why later. As we arrived at 10pm the few shops were shutting. Old sparse seating which was shiny with dirt. nothing to do except eat in a small expensive restaurant which was totally out of place. Went to board flight and got our bags emptied by stupid desk clerks who thought they knew what they were doing (explains lack of previous security desk clerks cheaper than security who might actually know what they are doing). Made us drink all water before getting on plane despite policy of allowing beverages on a plane that have been purchased after security (didnt make people drink alcohol!). Took my anti-bacterial handgel off me as said it was flammable pointed out global pandemic (and flying Aerolineas Argentinas it is essential!) she stated there was no pandemic any more! Couldn't be bothered arguing the point of alcoholic drinks and flammability. Other terminal is slightly better but only arrived there and out again. Baggage area is small but getting a taxi to hotel easy but dont go with luxury cars in immediate arrivals go to taxi desk in arrivals hall cheaper and very efficient set price too so no nasty surprises.

(Finland)

Late evening check in for my FRA bound flight took 3 minutes. This is a remarkable fact since this is prime time at EZE airport with many long haul flights departing for SE Asia the Americas and Europe. No need any more to go to another window to pay the mandatory airport tax which saves some minutes/hassle. This is included in your fare if ticket has been purchased after March 2009. No queues/delays at security. Even when at least 100 people where waiting in line for passport control it took no more than 10 minutes in an ever moving queue since all 20 booths were manned and moving fast. Take that Miami airport! Inside the terminal relaxed feeling due to its spaciousness public areas etc.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I have flown in and out of EZE a handful of times in the last couple of years as I have family in Argentina and cannot remember any problems. Ok there were horrible queues once as I was departing and not a lot of places for sitting down the cafes are getting expensive but other than that I'd say it's good. I have flown Iberia and TAM so not sure if that's part of the equation. I would agree that Tierra Leon is good for transport to and from the airport but if there's two or more adults you get a taxi for the same price. (Tierra Leon don't charge for two year olds and indeed free transfer from where they stop in the city to Retiro from where you can catch a long distance bus- and these are good! Can get one leaving a few hrs or sooner after you get there for a decent price!) In fact long distance coach travel all over South America is good in my experience but that belongs under a different topic obviously.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I was dreading returning to the States via the Buenos Aires Airport after reading the reviews. While the airport is inefficient and the processes disorganized the actual experience was not as horrible as I thought it would be. I think I got there just before the big crush of people for the evening flights back to the States which undoubtedly helped. My advice: It's a waste of time to check in on-line for a Delta flight. The Delta staff insist on printing boarding passes and just won't accept the on-line version. Contrary to what you may hear there are no automated check-in machines at the airport. I was told there were 2 for Delta - there are actually none. Security is convoluted and not reassuring. You go through luggage "security" prior to getting in line to get your boarding pass at the main passenger desk. I saw no value in the process but they dig out the paper print out they have for your reservation and hand it to you to take with your luggage to the desk. Fortunately the check-in line was short but had lengthened by the time I finished. You get your boarding passes at the main desk and they check in your checked baggage. No problem with this part of the process and my luggage arrived just fine at JFK. You next pay your $18 tax to exit Argentina. The tax booth is now in the middle of the international airlines main passenger service area so very convenient. Less than 5 minutes but again the line had grown and I think I just lucked out. There was a tax window upstairs as well but it didn't look staffed. You next fill out your immigration form and take it your receipt for your tax payment and your carry-on baggage to go through Security. One station operating and over a 100 people in line. But don't worry it's not very thorough so the line moves quickly - less than 30 minutes. Fast but not a feeling of confidence. You find your departure gate after walking through an expansive duty- free area - don't bother buying water at this point as they won't let you take it through the next security check. You clear a mini-security as the final step prior to boarding. Very quick - line again moves quite fast. If you need to leave gate area to use bathroom you have to re-clear this security check. But it's fast. Refund of VAT - I didn't go through this process as I didn't buy much so I can't comment. Overall I found the people friendly and helpful - the entire process took about 1 hour 15 minutes but I believe that if you arrive at 7 or 8pm the process could take the 3 hours you read about.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

Flew in and out December - January to and from Europe. I was prepared for a hard time in an airport which has not attracted good (or even adequate) reviews but it was not too bad. Upon arrival (mid morning) my only comment would be that Immigration was heavily overloaded although they did their best to process us as fast as possible. Luggage delivery time was quite reasonable. We arrived early for departure having read all of the comments about delays - it took us about 45 mins to check in pay our tax and get through security and immigration. I think this time could be very much longer at peak times since the queue snaked a long way at a reasonably quiet time of the day.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I have flown into and out of Ezeiza several times in the last 2 years. I just arrived in BA yesterday and the immigration baggage claim and customs area seem to have been re-done and are a lot more efficient. I enjoy the fact that you can duty-free shop entering Argentina! Departure is less organized but I check in using the business class queue (American Airlines) which usually takes only 10-15 minutes at the worst (the economy queue is always very long). Taxi Ezeiza is always a safe bet for transport into the city a kiosk right in the center of the floor when you exit customs. They are fast and efficient at a published rate that is always cheaper than the remises (and they offer a cheaper rate from the city to EZE - call to make an appointment when you leave).

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I've traveled through EZE a couple of times in the last month. Arrival is no problem and I had no problems getting a reasonably cheap taxi to the centre from the kiosk outside the terminal. Where EZE is lacking is at check in. I've checked in on different occasions for flights to the US with Delta and to Europe with Lufthansa. In both cases I arrived with a good 3 hours to spare and had to queue for at least 1.5 hours to check in for Economy. In both cases the queue snaked outside the roped off area and down the terminal! They really need more staff and more open check in desks for Economy. With less than 1 hour to boarding there was till a massive queue for a 747 flight - which ended up leaving late. Don't forget you have still to queue to pay airport tax security screening and passport check So arrive early folks!