Buenos Aires Airport

(Argentina)

Airport personnel very bad long lines for emigration and customer. The terminal facilities are not good there are too many free shops in areas where should be only for passengers after you arrive and pass emigration you have to go through a free shop in order to get the baggage claim sector.

(Argentina)

The main problem of EZE airport are queues. Several times I had to wait more than half an hour to pass immigration control (both on departure and arrival). Waiting times for check-in security control and customs control on arrival are only slightly better. Other issues are totally overpriced duty-free shops. Prices are crazy.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

Used EZE on a resent trip to BAires and was pleasantly surprised. Travelling on Air France and although the plane parks at Terminal C you actually arrive into Terminal B. The line for immigration can be long but just make sure you are in the right one. When I was there the line for Argentines was much longer than the non- Argentine one. Staff at immigration and customs were professional. Once through to land-side things can be a little hectic. On Departure Air France use Terminal C which is brand new. Immigration was fast and friendly. Terminal C has two places to eat a large Duty Free area and a few smaller stores. It does not however have a currency exchange facility so I would recommend changing most of your Pesos before leaving for the airport.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

This is a very nice clean and functional airport. It is not anything elaborate but it gets the job done and is miles ahead of other South American airports. The lines for check-in with TAM were quick and the security checkpoints and passport control were fast and efficient. The gates in Terminal A are spacious with plenty of seating and the terminal has good signage in both Spanish and English. A very pleasant experience overall.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I had no problems arriving in or leaving Ezeiza; a functional airport. Immigration and customs on arrival at the modern Terminal A was fast and efficient - and likewise there was nothing particularly out of the ordinary about queues at security and immigration on the way out. I arrived at 10am 2.5 hours before my flight and was through check-in security and immigration in about an hour. Queues at the boarding gate showed a Latin disregard for Northern European concepts of orderly queuing. Airside eating options aren't fantastic but are functional; duty free shopping is fairly extensive.

(Mexico)

I arrived almost five hours prior my flight thinking I would have time to shop and eat dinner. It took me up to 2.5 hours to check in to AA. The airport was crowded. There was a strike on the way to the airport and many people came late. After that almost 1.5 hours to pass security line. There are some nice stores in the duty free. The airport is small considering the volume of passengers and old but well maintained.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

Arrived almost 3 hrs before my flight. I was flying First Class so it only took 20 mins to check my bags I probably would have missed my flight if I'd been in general check-in. The line for security stretched halfway through the terminal. It was a little more than 30 mins to the ID check. Once through that there was another long queue to get through security - of the 5 lanes only 3 were open and took 45 mins to clear. Customers took another 30 mins to clear. That left just enough time for a quick stop in the American lounge before our flight was announced.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

I found it a very good experience and better than many airports in the UK. There are two terminals. A is new clean and used by international airlines. B is old and (I believe) only used by some Aerolineas Argentinas flights. Arriving in terminal A I was outside having collected my bags in 30 minutes. Checking in opened 4 hours before the flight and I was through quickly. Departing it was all very organised and what appeared long queues at passport control and security went very quickly 5 minutes maximum. Some tips (partly covered already). On arrival best rates for exchange are at Banco Nacional. There is a desk in the luggage hall if this is closed then exit the arrivals channel completely and take two turns to the right. Much better rates than elsewhere. Taxis ignore all the spivs hanging around and go to Taxi Ezezia desk in the middle of the floor when you exit arrivals. 150 pesos to city centre including tolls. On departures there is very little once airside however there are several cafes landside including a McDonalds with an outside terrace. This is a good place to sit and watch events outside the terminal incessant hooting whistling etc which of course everyone ignores. I watched an amusing episode where two people cut each other up got out and hugged/chatted then cut each other up again trying to exit the drop off zone. Airside I found perfume to be cheap but everything else relatively expensive by local standards.

(Portugal)

This airport is a nightmare. Immigration control can take up to 1h 30min like it happened to me. It just needs 2 planes arriving at the same time. Customs procedure the same. Leaving the country is no different but worse. Make sure you arrive in time for check-in and passport control especially in the evening when many intercontinental flights depart. I recommend at least 2h before departure. Duty-free area is good for South American airports and good prices.

Buenos Aires Airport customer review

Unlike other reviews I found EZE a fairly unpleasant experience. The boarding gate areas were almost always crammed and stressful places. The terminal seems to have very few good shops and poor information on arriving flights. In fact no information was available for arriving flights on any monitors I could find. I was looking to see how delayed my colleague's flight was on an arrivals monitor but cound not find one anywhere including the American Airlines- One World Admirals Club lounge (although the staff there were very helpful). Another reason for referring to arrivals monitors is to assess how honest the departures monitors are - eg: if the arriving aircraft from a certain airline is running many hours late it would be unlikely if its associated departing flight was on time. I found the general staff overly officious the business lounges incredibly small and crowded (don't use the Iberia One World Lounge - it reminded me of a very small regional airport lounge in Australia) and the restaurant and food outlets extremely limited. In winter poor foggy weather can cause major flight delays so be prepared!