Belfast City Airport

"staff attitude is absolutely horrendous"

Not Verified | Their staff attitude is absolutely horrendous, I booked my car in to the long stay car parking while I was away for ten days, I get back to realise that my tyre is flat and I didn’t know how to change it (I've not been driving that long), I go in to the car park desk to ask for help to change my tyre and the man tells me there’s nothing he could do and he did not know one single member of staff that knew how to change a tyre! About 20 members of staff later walked past and pretended they couldn’t see me.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"better of the two Belfast airports"

Trip Verified | Belfast City is now the better of the two Belfast airports. It beats International by a country mile. No more needs to be said. The passengers are less manic than a lot of those using International.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"this is the worst airport"

Trip Verified | As a regular flier who flies at least monthly I have to say this is the worst airport I have ever experienced. No facilities to print out your boarding pass at the airport unless you join the 45 minute long queue at check in, despite it saying on their website that there is. Completely unhelpful staff who ignore you and won't even answer a question unless they are shouting at you to do something. Damaged my suitcase (which fits perfectly within the guidelines) on a sharp bit on their checking equipment and then tried to say my suitcase was oversize, which it isn't and has been through the checks at numerous other airports with the same airline. Seem only interested in profit and extorting as much money as they can whilst failing dismally at any form of customer service.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Excellent revamp"

Trip Verified | Thumbs up for Belfast City Airport. Excellent revamp. New improved security area. Bigger Duty Free Shop - not sharing any space with other retail. Much more passenger seating. Good new bar, with charging points and a family / table service area. The views of the apron have not been compromised. This makeover is long overdue - now gives Belfast International a run for its money, and much more user friendly than London City, my final destination today.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"staff members were slow and distracted"

Not Verified | Baggage drop off took forever. It was understaffed and the the staff members were slow and distracted. Customs was also understaffed and rude. Asking me to take off my shoes is understandable, but please clean the floor before you do so!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"seems a bit run down"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Small airports are usually a great choice and so was this. Exiting the aircraft was quick, getting my luggage was quick, getting out of the airport was quick and so was doing the opposite, including going through security. The only thing I would suggest, given that the airport is physically small and seems a bit run down, would be some work to make it feel a little more spacious.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Rip off car park"

Unverified | Rip off car park. Daughter booked and prepaid long stay. Return flight was delayed so she was over her exit time by 90 minutes. Had to pay £26 to get out of the car park. Understand an extra charge but not this for less than two hours. Will travel in future by bus or drop off. Completely unacceptable.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"still an abject lack of seats"

Verified Review | This airport isn't as bad as Belfast International, but then that's not hard to do. On the departure side I had no real issues, I was able to relax in the BA lounge and so didn't have to sit in the terminal, where there is still an abject lack of seats. The majority of seats are located in the eateries, so if you don't want to buy some overpriced food, you stand! On my return, the toilets were broken and out of use so they had propped open an emergency exit and placed some temporary facilities outside, brilliant, welcome to Belfast! I don't know who runs the airport car park, it used to be Q Park, which was expensive but at least you could get in and, more importantly, out. When I tried to leave, having pre booked and paid, the machine told me I owed £25. In the lane beside me two other people had the same problem. So I press the intercom, not working, ok, so by now the person in the other lane has had more luck and the barrier has been lifted remotely. Another vehicle came along and same problem. Again they were able to get through to someone on the intercom, so I reversed out of my lane to join the one with the working intercom. About ten minutes later someone arrives from the main building and, seeing me sitting behind someone, tells me to go into the other lane. Genius, why didn't I think of that? I'm sitting here because I'm both blind and stupid. Anyway, the lady in front of me is let out and I spend five minutes trying to explain to the car park chap that I've pre paid and, still being within my time slot, can't possibly owe £25. Two phone calls later and I'm told I can go. Fantastic. When I arrived at the airport a few days before I was puzzled to see someone having to manually lift the barrier to let people out, so it must be a fairly frequent problem. Welcome to Belfast.
Date VisitApril 2017

"the worst I have ever been through"

Verified Review | I make about 20 airport trips per year from countries all over the world and Belfast City stands alone as the worst I have ever been through. You pay a kings ransom to park in the farthest corner and then drag all your luggage in the rain to the terminal - a bus would show they cared a little but what the hell. After getting your tickets you now proceed to what they laughingly call security. There were 14 people in front of us when we joined the queue, 45 minutes later we were through. It has to be seen to be believed, about 20 security staff stand around while 1 opens up your sandwich to see what is inside and tries to convince you what a favor he is doing you. If you have still retained the will to live after this ordeal you proceed to what is loosely called a waiting area. I have been to cleaner and better organised cattle marts. A seat is out of the question as you while away the hour until you get the chance to brave the elements sprinting outdoors for the plane. In brief - go from any other airport.
Date VisitNovember 2016

"all extremely pleasant and helpful"

Due to my flight scheduling I had a 3 hour wait here. No problem at all. The options for food and drink were more than adequate. What made it pleasant though was the people working at the airport. Without exception they were all extremely pleasant and helpful, whether airport staff or working in the various outlets. A very pleasant surprise compared to a lot of other airports.
Date VisitNovember 2016