Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"one of the worst international terminals"

Trip Verified | Atlanta International Terminal is a dump. Why is the car hire only at domestic - adds an hour to an international journey. The food options at international are terrible. Tonight 9pm 26th May, most food options have run low. We are travelling business - Club ATL is a joke. No space to sit, a few chips to eat. This is one of the worst international terminals I have ever flown. And someone tells me it’s new? What a joke. Just avoid if at all possible.
Date VisitMay 2022

"airport is dark and dingy"

Trip Verified | The airport is dark and dingy, not clean and a nightmare to get around. This has been obvious for several years. However, their staff is even worse! I arrived from an international flight and had to wait in line for TSA clearance to get to my connecting flight. While waiting, a female airport employee responsible for assisting elderly international passengers in wheelchairs, literally was being abusive without any intervention from other employees or TSA. The passengers had been put in a side area for a while before she came in and started shouting in Spanish words to them. She didn't speak the language, only was able to shout certain words at them, and then starting cursing as she pulled them into the queue for TSA check. While getting their belongings for the TSA clearance, she was ripping things off of them (shawls, bags, hats etc.) and when one lady tried to hand her shoes for the bin, she moved aside and let them fall to the ground. Her behavior was irresponsible at best. Negligent and abusive to be accurate. She had no right to behave this way.
Date VisitMay 2022

"international terminal at ATL is an absolute embarrassment"

Not Verified | The international terminal at ATL is an absolute embarrassment. Back in the 1990s ATL was a slick and efficient modern airport with decent facilities and efficient ground transportation. The international terminal was inadequate from new and has never been improved. 15 minute bus ride from the rental car centre is just the start of the problems. Chaotic check-in zone, unnecessary delays for security, poor food selection, poor seating. The whole thing falls a long way below modern standards. Avoid if possible.
Date VisitMay 2022

"the food selection could do better!

Trip Verified | Good: I didn’t experience rude staff as many mentioned. I got through security quickly and everyone was fine: brisk and not overly friendly, but doing their job. Bad: Surely whoever sells the food selection could do better. One place for coffee (Starbucks) with a 50-60 person lineup. No-where else to buy coffee at 8 in the morning. One choice in breakfast food, except they didn’t have many of the choices. Otherwise there is a Chinese food place and a hamburger/hotdog place. There was one place behind bars that might open later and a sit-down restaurant, also closed, so who knows. Overall, if you have a longer connection time or your flight is delayed, fingers cross that you are not stuck in Altanta Int’l concourse.

"the place is hopeless"

Not Verified | Words almost fail me. I was transiting Atlanta on my way back to the UK from Jamaica. My duty free bottle of rum ($70 worth), sealed in a globally recognized bona-fide plastic bag, was singled out for an X-ray which it "failed". I was told to go back to the other side of security to check the bottle into hold baggage, despite my protestations that (a) it would likely get broken and (b) I therefore have to go through the whole security process again. I was then sent back to the Virgin check in desk since Delta could not process this action. Suffice to say the Virgin check in desk was not yet open. So two hours of my life wasted because the TSA X-ray machine cannot distinguish between high quality booze and something more dangerous. I still cannot decide whether this is just vindictiveness or utterly useless technology/staff. Avoid at all cost, the place is hopeless and the staff are rude beyond description.

"Disaster airport"

Trip Verified | My husband who is a regular customer of Delta and always flies the route SJO-ATL-SYR bought this expensive comfort class ticket hoping we will have a good experience. Arrived from San Jose, Costa Rica on time but had to sit in the plane for an extra 40 min because there was nobody to park the plane at the gate according to the pilot’s announcement. As a globetrotter I had never heard of such thing especially when Atlanta boasts the busiest airport and most efficient one in the world! Preposterous! My husband had requested a wheelchair on arrival and assistance. To our dismay there were no attendants at the gate. We waited until all passengers had left the sleeve and I ended up pushing the w/c through customs. We both have respiratory conditions and he has knee surgeries. The next flight to SYR was delayed, We boarded eventually and after another hour of sitting in the plane ready for take off, the pilot announced that due to storm and the crews expired time, passengers have to leave aircraft and go back to concourse A, which involves distance and riding the train. The line at the customer service was so long that it took 5 hours or 1am till 5am to finally be rebooked. Disaster airport and only three ticket agents working! As a former travel agent and world traveler, would recommend more employees and better customer service.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Airport is filthy"

Not Verified | I will leave a couple of tips - Saturday night 3-19-2022 - 1) Airport is filthy - Carpet is horrible and not cleaned. 2) Seats are torn and look like they are from the 80's. 3) No Food or coffee available after 9? - you have Spirit Airlines here, you should think about they are never on time or late so maybe something for the disgruntled passengers something. 4) Maybe, just maybe update to the new century we live in - power and USB charging ports would be a fresh idea? Just some helpful tips for you!
Date VisitMarch 2022

"As everyone has repeated they are rude"

Trip Verified | As everyone has repeated they are rude, and give unnecessarily contradictory and complicated instructions. For example, at the check in 3/4 at 6.50 am I was told to walk forward and simultaneously push my items through on a backed up overflowing conveyor belt. I asked the female agent to clarify which she wants me to do she tells me to push my items forward. How on an overflowing conveyor belt as you are also yelling at me to go through the metal detector? Her response was a condescending “make it make sense” as if the passengers were too stupid to understand. Atlanta and Miami are always the worse with Atlanta far exceeding Miami. I know it won’t get better because this is how it’s been. I wish TSA would improve its hiring and training.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"What an embarrassment"

Trip Verified | What an embarrassment for a supposedly premier international airport. 2 TSA agents essentially unmasked (masks under chin) despite federal mandate, TSA agents extremely rude and aggressive. All food options closed by 8pm. Really - does the person responsible for running this place really not have a clue how poorly run and embarrassing this airport is?
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"Complete disorganization and mayhem"

Trip Verified | We arrived as a connection to our international trip around 8 pm, expecting that we’ll be able to eat dinner before boarding our 11 pm flight to Paris. Every single restaurant and food place in the F terminal (where I believe all international flights happen) were closed. Every single one. We were gobsmacked. Upon our return home, we had another connection through ATL. Customs line was horrifically long and the security lines to our connecting flight were awful. Our first flight was delayed, but despite that, we still had two hours to get to our connecting flight, and we still missed it. Complete disorganization and mayhem. Spent the night in Atlanta.
Date VisitDecember 2021