Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

"staff were rude and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | The queue for immigration at this airport is ridiculous, over 2 and a half hours, staff were rude and unhelpful, we told 3 airport staff we had a connecting flight but we were told to just 'wait in line' they deliberately let us miss our connecting flights, they didn’t care they were not interested at all. Other passengers were letting us go in front of them but we had no chance, it was impossible. All they had to do was let us go to the front of the line, what was even more frustrating was we had to catch a cruise ship the next day. Immigration say sort it out with your airline, absolutely disgusting I would avoid this airport never have I come across so bad manners. No customer Service at all.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"doesn't give a very good impression"

Not Verified | Passed through Atlanta each way on a 12-day trip to Belize. On each occasion, the immigration queues were well over 1 hour, and on the return trip after 1hr 20 mins, I had to ask people if I could jump the queue as I was in danger of missing my connecting flight to the UK. At least half the booths were unused. Asked a member of staff if she could help but she just said: "you'll just have to wait in line". I thanked her for her help. Perhaps they weren't expecting a large number of people arriving all at once? Is this an example of American efficiency? It doesn't give a very good impression to anyone travelling through!
Date VisitDecember 2019

"it is worse than they say"

Not Verified | Everything said is true except it is worse than they say. And now no Mobile Passport Control. Although it was horrible when they did have it. Rudest customer service and TSA people in any airport I have been to. And I go thru ATL slot. Always bad. This gives a really bad image for Atlanta.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"lines were extremely long"

Trip Verified | The lines were extremely long. The TSA staff did not communicate well with others. They were extremely rude.

"Long lines. Rude TSA"

Trip Verified | Long lines. Rude TSA and Clear Personnel. Too loud, shouting on a Monday morning. The lines for TSA was too long. Almost missed my flight. Can't they be more polite
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Workers are more than rude"

Trip Verified | Workers in this airport are more than rude. When trying to find TSA Precheck, representatives refused to answer a question and over talked me not allowing me to show them I was TSA precheck therefore not needing general boarding. I don’t understand what has happened to customer service in Atlanta Airport. Please check your workers. If they would get off their phones and stop having personal conversations with each other and smile and assist customers it would make all the difference.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"short, rude and condescending"

Trip Verified | I found upon arrival as I went through security, TSA workers were short, rude and condescending. They seem to dislike the job and made you feel as though you are bothering them. Very different at Chicago airport.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"a huge queue and very few staff on duty"

Trip Verified | We had to connect through Atlanta on a flight from London Heathrow to Orlando. We had enough time for the connection and as the plane landed slightly early there should have been no problem. When we got to Passport and Immigration control there was a huge queue and very few staff on duty. We waited well over an hour in this line before we were allowed to go through. Then to our horror we found that we had to go through security again even though we had been through security at Heathrow and had not left the airport. Going through the channel for connecting flights should have made things easier but the staff seemed to not be aware or didn’t care that people had other flights to get to. The security channel was chaos - there was no proper line, it was totally disorganised and the staff were surly and unhelpful. Lots of people were in danger of missing their flights but they just didn’t care! They seemed to take pleasure in working as slowly as they could. We had to run to our departure gate but it had been closed and even though it hadn’t left we couldn’t board. We weren’t the only people to miss that flight and we met lots of people who had also missed their connections because of this incompetence. As we couldn’t get another flight till the next day we had to pay for overnight accommodation. I would never travel through this dreadful airport again.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Never been treated so badly in my life"

Not Verified | Never been treated so badly in my life. The employees at ATL airport especially TSA are so rude and disrespectful and need to be retrained in customer service and social skills. The reps are calling people stupid and actually using that term. After literally being screamed at I had to interject when a rep screamed at my daughter. I refuse to allow anyone to disrespect me and my family, this is the second time I had to fly out of this airport and will be the last. She and her colleagues upset me so much, I believe they use their positions to be very controlling. It was a total embarrassment but I’m not a child and will not be treated like one. After going off on the TSA rep telling her she don’t have to talk to people in that way She advised me “if I didn’t like the way it was, to go elsewhere, and let her move before she got snappy”. I wish I would have gotten all their names.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"No luggage storage lockers"

Not Verified | No luggage storage lockers in the world’s busiest airport! Hard to believe, but it’s true! If you have a long layover and don’t want to carry around any luggage, you will have to at this airport!
Date VisitOctober 2019