Antalya Airport

"it was a breeze"

Not Verified | I have mobility issues causing me to use a stick and a wheelchair. I was very worried about travelling for the first time with these aids and not really knowing what to expect from Special Assistance. Why worry, it was a breeze. The guys at Antayla airport are fantastic, they whizz you through the door in a professional, friendly, dignified manner. Thank you for all your help.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"inefficient and rude staff"

Trip Verified | Staff are extremely rude and the airport is poorly managed resulting in delays when problems arise. There are 2 security checks which can cause significant delays in getting to your gate. I nearly missed my flight (despite arriving 3 hours prior) due to severe delays at the second security check. On arrival at Gate 213 I was shouted at by 2 female members of staff for being late for flight. The staff did not check my boarding card so I moved on to the next set of staff who were conducting checks. I asked for assistance and asked if I could go through to plane but staff were chatting among themselves with their back to me and refused to answer my questions. I was extremely concerned at this point that I would miss my flight so proceeded down the stairs to the tarmac where a bus was waiting to take passengers to the plane. I was actually standing on the tarmac before staff realised they had not made the correct checks and the tear-off section of boarding card had not been removed. This is a huge security breach. I asked again if I could get on the bus, and was ignored again. So I got on the bus not knowing if it was even taking me to the right flight and had to check with the flight attendant onboard the plane that it was travelling to Luton! In over 40 years of international travel and having visited many different airports this is the first time I have felt so insensed to give a review. Dreadful experience caused solely by inefficient and rude staff.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"never leave your belongings out of your sight"

Not Verified | Worst airport I have travelled from! Watch your luggage at all times! As everyone knows, at the luggage security checks, you need to put all electronic devices out of your luggage and put it in a separate box. At the first security check, the security employee took my electronic devices out of the box without asking and was holding it above her head to give the other passengers instructions to put it out of their luggage. The second security employee was opening all my electronic devices without telling or asking me anything. It bothered me because I haven’t been to any airport where they touch all your stuff for no reason and without asking you to cooperate on anything. Most of the time, they ask you to open your luggage for them so they can check. But fine, if those are the rules. At the second security check, I repeated to put all my devices separate from my luggage and walked through the metal detector. The detector did not go off, which was logical because I wasn’t even wearing a belt or any jewelry. Still the security employee took me to the side and to the body scan and did a body search. While she was doing that, my mother was yelling that my iPad was missing. After a lot of searching, one of the other security employees came with my iPad, from the opposite direction. How strange is that?! My luggage box did not even go there, and she apparently found my iPad 10 meters in front of me where none of my boxes even went. Let this be a warning for all passengers of this airport, never leave your belongings out of your sight for a second. The security employees clearly work together and try to steal your devices and when they do, you are not able to prove that they did.

"toilets were disgusting"

Trip Verified | I have just had the worst experience of my life in this airport. Our EasyJet flight was rescheduled for a day later than planned once we’d all passed through security and passport control. We were left waiting in the terminal for 20 hours until the new flight. The staff were absolutely useless, they left us for hours at a time and when they did show up it was lots of shrugged shoulders and ‘not my problem’ from them. We were told we couldn’t get water or WiFi without paying. There is literally nowhere comfortable to sit or lie down, nowhere to shower, the toilets were disgusting and there are only about two plug sockets in the terminal for anyone to charge devices from. I’ll be happy if I never set foot in this airport again for as long as I live
Date VisitJune 2019

"Inadequate seating for all passengers"

Not Verified | Total nightmare! Plane arrived early and told by cabin crew to go to transit lounge. Transported by bus from plane to arrivals hall (very few seats on bus). Signage wrong and member of staff had to redirect to correct place where everyone had to go through a security check (missed a bottle of water in my handbag!). There were many people with sticks (myself included) who had to stand for 40 minutes to get through (by this time feeling very faint in the heat). Yelled at to go to gate 199. Found gate but uncertain how to gain access although could see it. Again a security check (apparently an extra random check because of a hightened threat in UK. Inadequate seating for all passengers. Hopefully will never have to go there again. As an experienced traveller I rate this as the worst.
Date VisitMay 2019

"quick to travel through"

Not Verified | The Airport is small and thus quick to travel through, other than that I can't say I enjoyed the airport. The only duty free shop charged me more in Turkish Lira than in Euros (about 2 euros more) and even worse the drink machines only accepted Euro coins. Understandably being English I don't carry Euros (especially not coins) to Turkey a country which uses the Turkish Lira. While I understand accepting foreign currencies to overcharge in Lira and fail to sell water in Lira is frankly ridiculous! Also the Burger King I visited at the Terminal had run out of all drinks except Fanta, fortunately they accept Lira and cards.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Won't ever use again"

Not Verified | Always book assistance at airports, I have spinal injury and little use of my legs, we got of the bus, made our way to door with wheelchair sign on, to find desk empty, we then went to assistance help desk, which again was empty. We asked the security guard who was sat beside desk, how do we get special assistance, the securtity just pointed to check in desk. So made our way to check in, stuck in queue for over 30 mins, when we got to front, and they realised we needed assistance we were then told to stand aside and help will be with us within 5 mins, I was already in a lot of pain due to standing in queue. Eventually we got a wheelchair, I was then pushed to a cafe and told to stay there, eventually the assistance helper wandered of and appeared back 10 mins later to collect the other special assistants customers, and took them to check in, after half an hour, wife went searching for help, when eventually found some one, was told, we will come back when we have time, your delayed anyway, which was first we knew of, even though we were all on same flight. Eventually my wife pushed me to security check in, while also pushing suitcases, Another wheelchair user told us then we were delayed but we at to go to check in as we were all been searched before flight, so again stuck in a queue for another hour, this delayed our flight for a extra hour, when we were eventually all on the plane, people where complaining as most of them where all sitting apart from there families. The disabled seats we travelled to Antalya, were given to non disabled and tried to sit my wife and I 20 seats apart, but was informed if plane gets into trouble was my wifes job to assist me. It was a shambles from the start, was glad to get to Newcastle airport, wgere the assisrant us amazing, Won't ever use again.

"Treat us like humans"

Trip Verified | After a fantastic holiday & enjoying both the culture & the friendlieness of the locals we were again astounded and very disappointed at the “additional security” checks being made at our boarding gate 207. There are 2 queues where every persons carry on luggage is removed & checked. Each individual is then patted down by non English speaking & extremely rude security staff. We experienced ‘this “additional security” checks when leaving last year. These people need to be brought in line & not just state that these security checks have been requested by your government. Treat us like humans and a bit more respect. Shame on you!!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"only 8 seats for a 180 passengers flight"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Gate 6 that I was bording from has only 8 seats for a 180 passengers flight. It was surrrounded by stores but they could not install some seats. Considering that at some point you have to wait at the gate while standing it's very unpleasant and stupid. I know that they want you to buy their stuff but come on, I'm not always in the mood to do that. If you come from outside the country but you had a transfer you have to walk to an other terminal and wait a long time to pick up your baggage. Lots of useless security checks and rules like car stop on the way to airport, 2 full security screening at airport entrance and before gates, laptop power at each screening.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"rudeness of the security"

Trip Verified | After a great holiday in Antalya and Turkey and after experiencing great Turkish hospitality and kindness, it's a shame the last thing you see in Turkey is the rudeness and the barbaric behaviours of the security guys in the airport of Antalya. They spoke only Turkish to the people and scream in a rude way against passengers with no respect to international passengers. Security people of Securitas at Antalya Airport shame on you.