VivaColombia

"slow and unhelpful staff"

Quito to Panama via Bogota with VivaColombia. This airline is a perfect example of what happens when staff are not encouraged or allowed to think independently. Whilst dealing with a paperwork issue we waited 5 hours before seeing a representative at the airport desk. During this time we witnessed more staff members than customers casually chatting behind the desk. When we would ask for information about what was going on we would be told one thing, only to be told something different half an hour later. Communication is not this companies strong point. Honestly the flights are not bad for a low cost carrier, just be prepared for slow check ins, slow and unhelpful staff and make sure you stay within the limits for everything including paperwork into other countries and weight on baggage.
RouteUIO to PTY via BOG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"client service is terrible"

I would advise anyone that is thinking about using this airline to not do so. I flew Miami to Medellín round trip and it was very inexpensive. I thought it would be okay to try it, the service was terrible and the airplane uncomfortable and very hot to say the least. I flew to Colombia with an instrument, my guitar, paid a fee to take it as carry on and that's it. When returning home to Miami, the Viva Colombia Airline crew denied me taking the guitar and said I need to send it through with the bags. Of course, anyone that knows a Taylor Guitar is around $1,300 USD and it would insane to send it with a bunch of bags. I attempted to speak to the front desk staff who said no, spoke to her supervisor who did not even care or was a bit concerned about my problem. She said it was protocol to not take instruments as carry ons and that Viva Colombia in the States shouldn't have allowed me to bring it in. She apologized on behalf of their staff and just walked off. I called the person above her who was even more nonchalant about the situation, she could not have cared less. The client service is terrible. First and last time I ever fly Viva Colombia, as a Colombian it's embarrassing to know they carry our name.
RouteMIA to MDE
Date FlownApril 2016

"the lowest class of airline"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Lima to Bogota, and Viva Colombia is a low cost airline like no other that I have had the misfortune of travelling with. Taxes are not included in the ticket. You pay this at the counter in cash (Dollars only). To add to insult, an eticket or boarding pass on your phone is not accepted, it needs to be printed. As expected the staff will refuse to help you with this. They rudely suggested we have an hour to pay them, find the money, or find a way to print it ourselves or not be allowed on the flight we paid for. They can print the pass for you at an extra $15. If you did not check the correct number of bags online that's an extra $15. So it comes to $30. Again, as mentioned lets not forget the taxes you need to pay in cash at the counter. So that makes it $45 extra. All in all, it then becomes the same price as flying on a national carrier. On the flight itself, it's first come first serve in terms of seating as with most low cost carriers. However, being a late night flight, one would expect the lights to be dimmed or turned off at some point, so some people could rest a little. This was not the case at anypoint, hence few were able to sleep. In terms of the Emergency exit, they only allowed one person to sit next to each one. In my humble opinion, that defeats the point of safety. If people are far away from the exit, it takes longer to escape in the unlikely event of an emergency. In terms of Emergency, at no point was their ever any briefing given by the cabin crew. I give this an overall very negative review and easily say it the lowest class of airline I've ever travelled with.
RouteLIM to BOG
Date FlownApril 2016

"terrible customer service"

Bogota to Matecaña, and VivaColombia has terrible customer service. My flight was delayed then cancelled with minimal communication from staff in Spanish and zero communication in English. Eventually we were placed in multiple charter jets approximately 5 hours after our scheduled departure time. Once at our destination, our luggage did not arrive. Filled out forms and were told luggage would be delivered next day. Two days later I went back to the airport to check and my suitcase had been sitting behind the counter the whole time.
RouteBOG to PEI
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"price of the ticket"

(Colombia)

Medellin to Barranquilla. VivaColombia is an airline if you want travel for business or a short time. The experience on ground is not very well, the staff is not very friendly. The best of this airline is the price of the ticket. Need be more nice with the people and the internet service is confused. I dont need that, I only want to book the travel.
RouteMDE to BAQ
Date FlownJuly 2015

"only good thing is the price"

I flew them from Bogota to Cartagena return. The airline is nothing to rave home about. The check in staff didn't speak english, the e-ticket onky had a few english words. The cabin crew and check in staff looked bored and looked like they were just waiting for their shift to end. None of them smiled. The leg room in very very small. The only good thing is the price. If you want no frills, this is a good airline.
RouteBogota to Cartagena