VivaColombia

"canceled the flight"

Trip Verified | Miami to Medellin. I purchased a ticket from Viva Colombia while waiting to board they canceled the flight after having everyone waiting more then 2 hours without any explanation. I tried to get a refund at desk but was told they will automatically refund it to Credit card . I’ve written them countless times and if/when they respond they keep asking for the same info giving the run around. It’s frustrating since I’ve been waiting since 1/18 and still nothing .
RouteMiami to Medellín
Date FlownApril 2018

"I had not selected baggage"

Not Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. Shocking airline, misleading. Spent 2 hours on the phone to change a reservation then at the end the lady said it was not possible. When I logged in to select baggage purchase what I didn't realize is they automatically select all the extra services so when I clicked on the baggage I was actually un-clicking it. The result was I paid 150K pesos for a bunch of charges and then when I arrived at the gate they told me I had not selected baggage and they charged me 200K pesos for 2 bags at the gate. I fly budget airlines in the USA and Europe and they play fair.
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"exceptional for what you pay"

Trip Verified | Cartagena to Cali. Paid the ticket 69000 pesos, equivalent to mBP15 or EUR16. We left on time, we arrived before the scheduled time. Some people judge an airline when they spend peanuts for it. I find Vivacolombia exceptional for what you pay.
RouteCartagena to Cali
Date FlownMarch 2018

"unexpected extra costs"

Trip Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. Terrible experience, never again! Staff is absolutely not helpful and at the counter they charge you unexpected extra costs. At last the flight is more expensive than with a reliable airline. Avoid Viva!
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"service is just the worst"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Medellín to Cartagena. This company customer service is just the worst, you think you are buying a cheap ticket and at the end you pay more than flying with other companies. They charge for doing check in at the counter, cabin baggage will be good for any other company except for VivaColombia cause they found a way to get more money from you and send it as regular. Also pay for pay for two seats together they just book you separate and no way to change it unless you pay more.
RouteMedellín to Cartagena
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"better to fly with Avianca"

Not Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. Really do not fly with this airline, as a regular flyer I can tell you they are so bad and rude from ground staff to cabin, and as others have said charge for everything as extras even tried to charge for my partners hand bag. I end up paying extra to sit with my partner as the computer put us in different seats and told if we changed on the plane we would be charged. As it was, once on the plane everyone moved around to different seats without paying, if you work out the extras its better to fly with Avianca.
Date FlownNovember 2018

"some staff are looking for a bonus"

Trip Verified | Medellin to Cartegena. We paid for 20kg check in and sports equipment up to 32kgs. First he proceeded to try and charge us for 5 kg extra on check bag which was 19.8kg. Then when we refused to pay him he then went on to try and charge extra kilos on my surfboard which was 18kg and you are allowed 32. When we proved him wrong again he the proceeded to say my carry on bag was too big and it fitted in the template perfect and 2 kgs under the weight limit. I was forced to pay 71000 pesos as our flights was leaving which I’m sure he put in his pocket. There were local Colombian people putting their bags in the template and the luggage was spilling over the top and he would let them straight through. We have come all the way over from Australia spending our hard earned money in this beautiful country but for some reason people want to take advantage of this. We took the same luggage from Bogotá to Medellin with viva and it was fine so clearly some staff are looking for a bonus. Biggest grubs I've ever dealt with.
RouteMedellin to Cartegena
Date FlownOctober 2018

"charge you more for everything"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. VivaColombia try to charge you more money for everything that is possible. For example, if don't print your ticket they will charge you for it. If you don't have to fly with them, stay away!
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"disappointed with this airline"

Trip Verified | Santa Marta to Medellin. Print your boarding pass before taking this airline, they charge you $10 (33,000) to print it, which we found it ridiculous. Make sure to buy bags ahead of time. I’m disappointed with this airline. The ladies at the desk looked angry and they were not helpful at all. No se olviden de imprimir su tarjeta de abordaje, porque si no les van a cobrar $10 Dolares que son 33,000 colombianos. Esta aerolinea te quiere cobrar por todo, hasta del aire que respiras. No recomiendo esta aerolinea.
RouteSanta Marta to Medellin
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never use this company again"

Trip Verified | Medellín to Lima via Bogota. This company needs to be put out of business. This company's business model is completely based on theft and extortion. I arrived with a bag that fit the description of the limits on my ticket (purchased from Kiwi). Since I could not print out my tickets, the night before I reserved them online (for what was supposed to be less of a charge). Not only did they make me pay twice to print out my tickets, once online and once in person at the MDE airport, they even acknowledged the fact that I even booked this service the day before, but that I would still have to pay an additional fine. And, that they would only print out one ticket and that I would have to pay again to get on my connecting flight in Bogota But it gets much worse than this. Even though I made sure that my big fit the size and weight limits put on my ticket, the dimension and weight requirements were different at the door. They did not express empathy or understanding of this fact, and simply made me pay the fine of $75 USD (more than the ticket price) just to bring a normal backpack designed to fit as a carry-on on board. Since I had no choice but to comply, I paid the $75, was given a receipt, and was assured that my connecting flight would accept the receipt as payment for my luggage. However, once I went in line to get my ticket for my connecting flight at the next airport, they informed me that I would not only have to pay the printing fee again, but that I would also have to pay a heftier $125 fine to bring my carry-on backpack to Lima. This price is absolutely unheard of. I have flown on AirAsia, RyanAir, and the fees that VivaColombia charged me were nothing short of robbery. In other words, the company lied to me, told me that I would only have to pay one fee, forced to pay double fines for printing tickets, and refused to accept the size and weight requirements listed on the ticket I purchased. This company is an absolute embarrassment to the people of Colombia, the airline industry, and is a model of what a terrible company looks like who values money more than the customer. . Personally, until this change is noticeable, I will never use this company again.
RouteMedellín to Lima via Bogota