VivaColombia

"Total rip off"

Trip Verified | Medellin to Bogota. Total rip off! Do not fly Viva Colombia. Pay the extra money and go with a better airline. I had a 1-hour flight and they made me check in my carry-on after paying twice! My luggage never made it on the carousel but had apparently made it to the destination city. I’ve filed paper work and all they did was tell me to wait. They won’t even discuss reimbursement of anything after “investigating” for days on end. Avoid at all costs!
RouteMedellin to Bogota
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Lots of hidden extra charges"

Trip Verified | Cartagena to Medellin. Lots of hidden extra charges at the counter totalling 270,000.00. No indication that boarding passes need to be printed 2 hours before the flight so we were charged 65000 each for this privilege. Avoid avoid avoid!
RouteCartagena to Medellin
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"canceled the flight"

Trip Verified | Miami to Medellin. I purchased a ticket from Viva Colombia while waiting to board they canceled the flight after having everyone waiting more then 2 hours without any explanation. I tried to get a refund at desk but was told they will automatically refund it to Credit card . I’ve written them countless times and if/when they respond they keep asking for the same info giving the run around. It’s frustrating since I’ve been waiting since 1/18 and still nothing .
RouteMiami to Medellín
Date FlownApril 2018

"I had not selected baggage"

Not Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. Shocking airline, misleading. Spent 2 hours on the phone to change a reservation then at the end the lady said it was not possible. When I logged in to select baggage purchase what I didn't realize is they automatically select all the extra services so when I clicked on the baggage I was actually un-clicking it. The result was I paid 150K pesos for a bunch of charges and then when I arrived at the gate they told me I had not selected baggage and they charged me 200K pesos for 2 bags at the gate. I fly budget airlines in the USA and Europe and they play fair.
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"exceptional for what you pay"

Trip Verified | Cartagena to Cali. Paid the ticket 69000 pesos, equivalent to mBP15 or EUR16. We left on time, we arrived before the scheduled time. Some people judge an airline when they spend peanuts for it. I find Vivacolombia exceptional for what you pay.
RouteCartagena to Cali
Date FlownMarch 2018

"unexpected extra costs"

Trip Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. Terrible experience, never again! Staff is absolutely not helpful and at the counter they charge you unexpected extra costs. At last the flight is more expensive than with a reliable airline. Avoid Viva!
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"service is just the worst"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Medellín to Cartagena. This company customer service is just the worst, you think you are buying a cheap ticket and at the end you pay more than flying with other companies. They charge for doing check in at the counter, cabin baggage will be good for any other company except for VivaColombia cause they found a way to get more money from you and send it as regular. Also pay for pay for two seats together they just book you separate and no way to change it unless you pay more.
RouteMedellín to Cartagena
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"better to fly with Avianca"

Not Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. Really do not fly with this airline, as a regular flyer I can tell you they are so bad and rude from ground staff to cabin, and as others have said charge for everything as extras even tried to charge for my partners hand bag. I end up paying extra to sit with my partner as the computer put us in different seats and told if we changed on the plane we would be charged. As it was, once on the plane everyone moved around to different seats without paying, if you work out the extras its better to fly with Avianca.
Date FlownNovember 2018

"some staff are looking for a bonus"

Trip Verified | Medellin to Cartegena. We paid for 20kg check in and sports equipment up to 32kgs. First he proceeded to try and charge us for 5 kg extra on check bag which was 19.8kg. Then when we refused to pay him he then went on to try and charge extra kilos on my surfboard which was 18kg and you are allowed 32. When we proved him wrong again he the proceeded to say my carry on bag was too big and it fitted in the template perfect and 2 kgs under the weight limit. I was forced to pay 71000 pesos as our flights was leaving which I’m sure he put in his pocket. There were local Colombian people putting their bags in the template and the luggage was spilling over the top and he would let them straight through. We have come all the way over from Australia spending our hard earned money in this beautiful country but for some reason people want to take advantage of this. We took the same luggage from Bogotá to Medellin with viva and it was fine so clearly some staff are looking for a bonus. Biggest grubs I've ever dealt with.
RouteMedellin to Cartegena
Date FlownOctober 2018

"charge you more for everything"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Santa Marta to Bogota. VivaColombia try to charge you more money for everything that is possible. For example, if don't print your ticket they will charge you for it. If you don't have to fly with them, stay away!
Date FlownSeptember 2018