Viva Air

"they made me pay 120$ for one cart"

Trip Verified | I bought ticket through Orbits. Chose one that said carry on free and first checked bag free! At the airport they made me pay 120$ for one cart on and one checked in bag. Total lie!
RouteLima to Cusco
Date FlownJuly 2022

"This airline is worse than Spirit"

Trip Verified | This airline is worse than Spirit. When arrived to airport at Medellin to go to San Andres I am told my ticket was cancelled back in April but didn’t give me any reason. They said an email was sent to me but there was no refund on my account I didn’t get a call to make other arrangements. I got so upset because they are blaming me for this. I always purchase my tickets thru cheaptickets and never had a problem. The ticket still shows active at the cheaptickets website I can’t understand what happened. My flight was leaving at 11:13pm and instead they put me on another flight leaving at 1am in the morning. So I am waiting 6hrs to travel with a 5 year old and my husband. My two check in luggage were over the weight limit 8 pounds each and they still charged me $498 for the overages. They don’t deserve to be in business taking money from people.
RouteMedellin to San Andres
Date FlownJuly 2022

"customer service was terrible"

(Puerto Rico)

Trip Verified | The worst of services. Let's start by saying that the airline does not send email to check in. By not doing it before, at the airport they charge you extra for doing it. As a consequence, they do not assign you seats and make you wait for the whole plane to board to see if there are any available, and if there is not, they send you on another flight. The customer service was terrible, of all the employees who have only one of them gave us a good service. They do not know how to explain how their policy works and/or express themselves correctly. First and last time flying with this airline El peor de los servicios. Empecemos por decir que la aerolínea no envía email para hacer check in. Al no hacerse antes, en el aeropuerto te cobran adicional por hacerlo. Como consecuencia, no te asignan asientos y te hacen esperar que todo el avión aborde para ver si hay disponibles, y si no lo hay te mandan en otro vuelo. El servicio al cliente fue pésimo, de todos los empleados que tienen solo una de ellas nos prestó un buen servicio. No saben explicar cómo funciona su política y/o expresarse de forma correcta. Primera y última vez volando por esta aerolínea.
RouteBogotá to Cartagena
Date FlownJune 2022

"the last time I fly VivaAir"

Trip Verified | VIP Boarding is a scam, VIP Seats are a scam. Too many flight cancellations without warning. Every question I ask, the response is “I don’t know”. Uncomfortable seats. Always super late, and they lie about being on time. I will stick to US-based airlines from now on. This is the last time I fly VivaAir.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteCancun to Las Vegas via Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2022

"never had to pay to check in"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | You have to pay for all in this company! First of all, you can't take cabin bags with unless you pay (but that I already knew before I bought it). Second, I tried to do the online check in the day before but the site wasn't working well (I had to change my birthday date because it was wrong and the button to change wasn't working), so I give up and decided to do the check in the airport. When I got there, they told me I had to pay 58,5 nuevo soles (more or less 15 euros or dollars) because I didn't do the online check in. Well, I've been traveling a lot in the last couple of years and I've known several airline companies, and I never had to pay to check in! Even more, I tried to explain the situation but it didn't help. I ask for the complaint book, which, once again, was not working well on the website, so they gave me a physical one. After I gave them the book, they answered right in the moment and said that they didn't seen in the system that I tried to do the check in (which I did!) and they even add that I bought the ticket through a travel agency (like if it was a problem). I'm very upset with this company and I don't advise anyone to fly with them!
RouteCuzco to Lima
Date FlownMay 2022

"don't choose Viva to fly"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Worst company ever, we booked a flight where the online check-in didn't worked. Charged us 15$ for every boarding pass when it was not our fault. Also, in the airport of Cusco they checked all the luggage which made all the persons to spent much more time than was expected on the check-in. Some of this persons needed to pay the express check-in line to avoid the cue and miss their flights. If possible don't choose Viva to fly.
RouteCusco to Lima
Date FlownMay 2022

"have the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Viva Air is a low cost airline but be careful! They have the worst customer service. Cheap airlines have always the worst policies. I was charged $60.000 Colombian pesos, just to get a boarding pass printed, because it wasn’t sent in advance before the flight. What a rip off!  I guess you get what you pay for
RouteMedellin to Bogotá
Date FlownApril 2022

"Don't travel with them!"

Not Verified | A terrible company. They made a surbooking for a Flight that was supposed to leave at 6:30, but this one was 2 hours delayed and we were around 12 Persons not able to fly. No information given, nothing. Nobody knew how to help us. We were supposed to jump on a next flight 7:30pm or 8:30pm but they told us that we will not fly on that day but the next one. So you I was stuck in Mexico City, tired after all this thing, and no refund has been done. Don't travel with them!
RouteMexico City to Cancun

"many hidden prices"

Not Verified | Medellin to Miami. This airline is the worst airline I have ever flown. They have many hidden prices, the seats are very uncomfortable (worse than Spirit) their customer service is terrible and very careless. With everything you pay for this airline in extras, you pay for a much better one and even in first class. What a way to steal from people.
RouteMedellin to Miami
Date FlownApril 2022

"you still have to go to a counter"

Trip Verified | Paid for all the extras, including the “we will do the check in for you” bs which is just a scam, for the tickets not to be delivered to your phone, and you still have to go to a counter. The fact that there wasn’t a single people in line when everyone else was busy, should have been telling, please stay away from this airline.
RouteCancun to Medellin